Best group runners up in a cup competition

rabcp

I've made a cup competition with 3 stages, the cup plays through to completion season after season. However the competition never adds to the cup history so the cup winners are never recorded etc. I've also notice that stats only come from teams who entered in the first stage too, is there specific settings I need to make so that stats from all teams entering at different stages are used and that a competition winner is added to the history or have I found a bug?

Also I have a group stage with 8 groups, right now 1st and 2nd place qualify for next round but I want to change this to reflect the new Scottish League Cup format with the 8 winners and 4 best runners up progressing instead, any idea if this is possible

Yes, using Extra Fate Places setting under Group Settings.

Extra Fate Places = 4

Original League Place = Other

New League Place = Promotion

Try that?

Ah could you tell me how to do the following in the editor as you seem like an expert.

Tried to play about with numbers etc but just cant get the rules to be valid. Basically I have 20 teams all together. 12 in the higher league and 8 in the lower league. The 8 in the lower league I want in a qualifying round where 4 of them obviously go through to meet the 12 teams in the higher league thus being drawn into a round of 16 teams like a mini fa cup. Just cant get the formula to translate into the nation rules part of the editor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also wanted to do a group then knockout for a different tournament with 4 teams in two groups with the top 2 going to the semi final wich is easy enough but i want to have the winner of group a face the runner up of group b and vice versa, i know its something to do with indicies in the advanced editor but after that is lost on me

Thanks LCpl that's done the trick, I just need to work out why the competition history is not working now

Sorry for hijacking this thread mate - just wondered if you could walk me through what you've done to get the League Cup updated to next seasons new format? Have you managed to get it so the teams in European competition don't join until the second round, and have you included the Highland/Lowland League winners?

Sorry for hijacking this thread mate - just wondered if you could walk me through what you've done to get the League Cup updated to next seasons new format? Have you managed to get it so the teams in European competition don't join until the second round, and have you included the Highland/Lowland League winners?

I've got most aspects working including the bonus points in the group stage but have been unable thus far to get the European teams entering the second round, so far I have only been able to make the bottom 4 clubs do this instead

Archived