How many active leagues can you run ?

I downloaded a megapack of additional leagues where almost every national league on the globe can be played.

How many active leagues or active nations can you run ?

How many players a database can include ?

My conditions :

- large or maximal database

- a save file not exceeding 2 go before 2060

- no crash dump before 2060

- all leagues are playable

I downloaded a megapack of additional leagues where almost every national league on the globe can be played.

How many active leagues or active nations can you run ?

How many players a database can include ?

My conditions :

- large or maximal database

- a save file not exceeding 2 go before 2060

- no crash dump before 2060

- all leagues are playable

Your two bolded ones are too ambitious to have as "conditions". You have no way of knowing whether something is going to crash dump, and unless someone has done some analysis on size of savegames (which I doubt) then you're not going to get that either.

Within reason, you can load as much as you want. As long as you have a 64-bit OS, there won't be any limits. The only limit is whether you yourself deem it to be processing quickly enough, which is completely subjective. Of course, once you started dumping in edited files, and upping the player count, you may run into problems. No way of knowing for sure though.

Thanks for your answer.

As long as you have a 64-bit OS, there won't be any limits.

Despite FM 2016 being a 32 bits application ? So there is a significant advantage to run x86 applications in a 64-bit environment ?

Yeah I don't count the speed game as a condition, apart if each single page needs 4 seconds to load.

As forameuss said, you can always choose the biggest possible setup. The strength of your computer (processor, RAM) is what decides how well the game will run in terms of speed...

As forameuss said, you can always choose the biggest possible setup. The strength of your computer (processor, RAM) is what decides how well the game will run in terms of speed...

However I know that some users send crash dumps to the developers. What are usually their conclusions, the meeted issue about these files ?

As long as you have a 64-bit OS, there won't be any limits.
Despite FM 2016 being a 32 bits application ? So there is a significant advantage to run x86 applications in a 64-bit environment ?

Yeah I don't count the speed game as a condition, apart if each single page needs 4 seconds to load.

Not sure what the point of running a 64bit OS is either... it's a 32bit application, as it doesn't exceed something like 1.8gb RAM most of the time.

Anyway - you don't count speed of the game as a condition - yet you need it to load in 4 seconds - I've got news for you... that's a condition...

The Processor will determine how fast the game processes.

Anyone can load every single nation and every league and every player and all staff and play the game.

The speed of the game will then be determined by

1: How much processing is involved and what your processor can achieve

2: How long you play our career save for, more players/managers/staff created, therefore more processing involved - and you want a game that spans at least for the next 45 years.

So to answer your question - you need to answer some questions

1: What type of computer/laptop have you got?

2: What processor, Ram and graphics card is installed?

If any of your answers for 2: above is

Processor: i7 6700k/i7 5930k/ i7-5960X

RAM: 16gb (for fun)

Graphics Card Nvidea 9xxm

Then you're probably ok.

If your processor is an i3 or i5 1/2/3xxx u/y then you're not in luck.

What you can do though is start a game - then add the leagues you most likely are interested in.

If you're satisified with the speed of the game - then you add nations/leagues etc. later on.

If you're not satisfied then you can remove nations/leagues

All available in the Game menu.

When I talked about speed, I thought it concerned only the calendar loading. I remember myself using huge database in older FMs and had no problem with navigation speed (that's what I was talking about). The real slowdown was in the calendar progress.

If loading a random page team for instance takes really 4 seconds each time, that would indeed be an issue. But my priority is not the speed comfort, it's really the reliability of the save.

Not sure what the point of running a 64bit OS is either... it's a 32bit application, as it doesn't exceed something like 1.8gb RAM most of the time.

With a 32bit processor you are limited to 4GB of accessible RAM, including the RAM on your graphics card. SO if you have a 2GB graphics card your onboard RAM will be limited to 2GB.

With a 64bit processor you're limited to around 16TB of RAM, but good lucking finding a motherboard that supports that much RAM.

With a 32bit processor you are limited to 4GB of accessible RAM, including the RAM on your graphics card. SO if you have a 2GB graphics card your onboard RAM will be limited to 2GB.

With a 64bit processor you're limited to around 16TB of RAM, but good lucking finding a motherboard that supports that much RAM.

I think you meant 16EB - :)

I see where you're coming from - but I don't think it would impact too much - even with 32 bit system most have 4gb memory. Although, it's a fair point and well made.

It might not still be the case, but pretty sure on older versions there was a soft-limit on the number of players you could load on 32 bit, but not on 64 bit. Pretty sure it advised against loading anymore if you were 32 bit.

It's still the case even if you're on a 64bit system. The softcap is still 125K.

Interesting thread for the OP:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421603-Football-Manager-15-Benchmark-Thread

Archived