Home Grown Questions

xVik

Hello

I have seen a few old post about the home grown status' of players but i just wanted to confirm on the new football manager. So I am currently the Manchester United manager and...

1. If I buy a player who is under 18 and then train him at the club for three years, he is classed as one of the home grown players thats trained at the club not just the nation, is that right?

2. Also what happens if I loan him out to an english club for a couple of years so that he hasn't spent the full 3 years needed at the club? Will he not gain a home grown status for playing at the club but will for being in the nation?

3. Is there any way to check how much longer or how many days he has accumulated so far on his way to being classed as home grown?

4. When does the player I buy for my youth team have to be 18 to still be classed as home grown three years down the line? e.g does their 18th birthday have to be after the day they are bought? or do they have to turn 18 anytime during the current season? or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance

1. Yes

2. Still homegrown

3. There is a view mode in the squad screen called homegrown players and it has the dates for nation and club.

4. They can turn 18 anytime that season as long as they are 18 max when you bring them in. They will only become homegrown on the date you bought them in.

1. Yes

2. Still homegrown

3. There is a view mode in the squad screen called homegrown players and it has the dates for nation and club.

4. They can turn 18 anytime that season as long as they are 18 max when you bring them in. They will only become homegrown on the date you bought them in.

2. If I loan them out they will still be classed as home grown and trained at my club? or home grown trained in nation?

4. So the latest I can bring someone in is a day before their 18th birthday and they will be classed has home grown in 3 years?

Thanks for 1. and 3.

Pretty sure if he's not AT your club, he won't gain any time toward being HG for YOUR club. Unless the rules recently changed?

Correct. They need to be at your club for 3 years. If loaned out, you miss out on "Club Home Grown" Player, but qualify for National Player

Archived