FM16: Borussia Dortmund - Die Schwarzgelben

..Valhalla..

Just completed my 5th season with Der BVB. 5 titles, 2 pokals, 1 champions league, 1 ESC, 1CWC and 2 SC.

I've tried to keep the original squad together and it's only the last season that I let Reus and Gundogen depart for big money as they were approaching 30.

Burki, Pizcek, Schmelzer, Passlack, Wiegl, Subotic and Burnic all in the first team squad.

Brought in the likes of: Sule, Kempf, Bernat, Schurrle, Dueland, Odegaard, Firmino & Vietto, with a few regens coming through now too.

At the start of season 6 I have a transfer kitty of £400m and £500k p/w free in wages.

• 4 weeks later...

After tonights shock exit to Liverpool in the Europa league and a quite simply woeful display to lose a 3-1 lead in the second half an even bigger shock happened when a chief executive turned up to the post match press conference to announce that Tuchel has walked out on Dortmund in sensational fashion and an unknown Portuguese manager called Joel Miguel has taken charge of the club. More updates to follow. 10:01pm. 1:05am We can confirm there has been a sighting of Thomas Tuchel being thrown out of a pub in Liverpool stumbling drunk and crying as he sings you'll never walk alone at the top of his lungs with some jubilant and drunk Liverpool fans, it seems as if this result has made him truly lose the plot and have a mental breakdown. More updates as we receive more news.

• 2 months later...

Let me preface this by saying **** Bayern Munich.

Decided to do something new (I almost always play with Manchester United) and started a save with another club I enjoy watching these days, Borussia Dortmund. I actually didn't start a whole new save, I used a save I already had and I've taken over in 2017.

Things have not been good for them. They just finished 6th in the Bundesliga. No Mkhitaryan, Gundogan, Hummels, Papastathopoulos, or Bender. And Weidenfeller has just retired (hired him as a GK coach).

The squad definitely had it's deficiencies; Subotic and Ginter the only CBs and I was not particularly convinced by Subotic. Burki looks decent but I wanted try and improve on that position. Our FBs were old. The midfield was less of a pressing concern, but I wanted depth behind Sahin and Weigl. Out wide/up top I was actually pretty happy with what I had. I was excited by Luan/Gabriel Barbosa/Kagawa/Aubameyang.

So I hit the transfer market. Well......a lot happened.

Transfers out:

DHbb1Qw.png

Gyau's contract was up and I had no desire to bring him back. Leitner, Fabian, Ramos, Kuba, and Durm were moved as I deemed them not good enough or simply no longer needed at the club.

Piszczek was moved because I had a player I felt was better and younger (BVB signed Darmian the season prior) and I wanted to keep Passlack in the squad as my backup RB. I liked Park Joo-Ho. But I wanted to bring in a younger player.

Remember my earlier comment about Bayern? Well they were the reason I ended up moving Luan and Barbosa. Die Bayern came in for Luan, Barbosa, Darmian, AND Aubameyang. Luan and Barbosa threw tantrums (actually so did Darmian but he got over it quickly) when I rejected the bids so began to prepare for life without them. I knew at some point I was gonna sell them, but I sure as hell not gonna sell them to Bayern freaking Munich. Luan was sold to PSG. Barbosa off to United as part of a deal.

And finally Subotic was moved to City. Sometimes I'm too lax with negotiations. I certainly could've got more for him and Luan.

Transfers in:

WxIQTyR.png

The first one is the big one. Yes I actually went and did it. About a month or so prior, I got a news notification that contract talks had broken down between Bayern and Gotze. I didn't notice that his contract expired until I went searching for possible replacements for Luan/Barbosa. So I made bringing him back my top priority. And, at 110k per week + a ton of bonuses, I got it done.

I saw the same happened with Obi Mikel. He's a player I've always like in FM so I got the deal done before anyone else got involved.

I went looking for a backup LB and stumbled upon Facundo Cardozo. He's naturally a CB, but he's now competent enough to do the job on the left imo.

As I mentioned before, I needed CBs bad. Abdennour is a solid one. United signed him the season prior but he barely played for them. I got him for 19.5 million, 15 million less than they spent on him, but I know I could've got him for cheaper smh. I really gotta be stricter with negotiations. Timo Baumgartl was unhappy at the recently relegated Stuttgart hence the meager transfer fee paid for him.

I originally targeted Bernd Leno, but Leverkusen were having none of it. My original bid for Horn was rejected but but his tantrum was enough to get them to accept one for 13.5 million and I got my new keeper.

Depay wanted to leave after not playing. Barbosa wanted to leave after interest from Bayern. I was interested in Depay. United were interested in Barbosa. And there was no way I was selling him to Bayern. It all made too much sense. Plus Gotze and Reus got injured so I was desperate to get the deal done for someone who actually wanted to play for me. For that same reason I picked up Julian Green from Bayern. Although the media made it very clear they were unhappy with how much I paid for him.

Robin Knoche was sitting in Bayern's second team transfer listed. He shared a lot of similarities to Subotic. He was also younger and German. So Knoche in, Subotic out.

Erlich and Thijs are just youngsters my scouts couldn't get enough of so we'll see how they'll develop. I actually signed a couple more but no point in mentioning them just yet.

In any case, the season has started and after a very very cagey nervous first match of the season that ended 0-0, we won all our matches and looked good doing so. We're 2 weeks away from getting Gotze and Reus back. And now that the international break is over, I'm hoping we can maintain our form in the league.

Sidenote: Bayern have started off the season with 1 win and 2 losses. Serves them right :D:D:lol::lol:

• 3 weeks later...

First season I won the league and Cup. Made the Europa final but lost 1-0 to Spurs.

The league was close enough. I won it with two games to go.

2nd season though is different story. I'm currently miles clear with a 11 wins from 11.

Ancelotti took over from Pep and sold Robben, Costa and Benita and brought in Enner Valencia.

Thanks Carlo mate. Keep destroying the Bayern squad please.

Archived