Come On You Tykes!! A Barnsley Save

BluesGuy

Barnsley%20FC%20Logo_zpsgfqam8x3.png

Hey guys,

I've got a yearning to do a save here on the forums, so I will use FM15 to control Barnsley F.C.

A little information about the team.

Barnsley Football Club is a professional English football club based in the town of Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Nicknamed the Tykes, they were founded in 1887 by Reverend Tiverton Preedy under the name Barnsley St. Peter's. The club colours are red and white, and their home ground since 1888 has been Oakwell. The club currently plays in League One, the third tier in the English game.

My manager is the famous American defender, Alexei Lalas. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy the save as I try to take the Tykes to Premier League glory!

And if anyone would help with posting images here on the forum, it would be greatly appreciated!

Next- A look at the team, schedule, and finances!

The first preview of my team for the upcoming year.

Goalkeepers-

Ross Turnbull (29 y/o English GK)- Our obvious first choice keeper and an old Chelsea backup, Turnbull will put his 6’4 frame between the sticks for most of our games this year.

Adam Davies (22 y/o English GK)- Davies would be a backup for most teams in our division, and he will help us rest Turnbull during the season.

Fullbacks-

None of the quality players are true fullbacks, but will continue to play out wide until I find replacements.

Martin Cranie (27 y/o English DR/DC)- Cranie should be used as a first choice center back, but his decent pace tells me to put him at right back until we can get a proper fullback.

Lewin Nyatanga (25 y/o Welsh DC/DL) – Another player that should be a center back, he’s our only good, developed defender that is able to play on the left side. He and Cranie should be the first choice pair at center back otherwise.

George Williams (21 y/o English DR)- Our backup right back, he will be used sparingly in competitions throughout the year while developing into a League One right back.

George Smith (17 y/o English DL)- He has great potential, and would be a good player to loan out, but we need him as our backup left back for now.

Center Backs-

Peter Ramage (30 y/o English DC, DR, on loan from Crystal Palace)- As our quality center backs are having to play out wide, Ramage will help us in the middle as a strong tackler. Expect to see him make a lot of appearances.

Mason Holgate (17 y/o English DC, DM, MC)- Holgate shouldn’t make too many appearances, and may go out on loan this year so he does get a lot of first team experience. He’s got Premier League potential, so I’m afraid the big clubs will come lurking.

Jean Yves-M’voto (25 y/o French DC)- M’voto will be a starter for the time being, but if solid full backs are brought in, then he could move to the bench or reserves.

Midfielders-

James Bailey (25 y/o English DM, MC)- Bailey is probably the second best midfielder, and will probably man the defensive midfield ship this year. We have other players that can fill in well, so Bailey won’t look to overwork himself.

Paul Digby (19 y/o English DM, MC)- Digby is a youngster with really good potential, so he will either get a couple appearances this year, or be loaned out for good experience, and come back next year with a fire to play.

Conor Hourihane (23 y/o Irish DM, MC, AMC)- Hourihane is our best central midfielder, and will carry the load in the middle of the park, farther up as an attacking midfielder, or back as a defensive midfielder. He won’t miss many games.

Josh Scowen (21 y/o English DM, MC, AMC)- Scowen will be a substitute for a few of our matches, coming in to play in the middle of the park. Scowen will also get a few of starts when the first teamers don’t need to play.

Luke Berry (22 y/o English MC, MR, AMC)- Berry will be the sub in most of our matches, and will start when anyone is either hurt, tired, or has just hit a poor patch of form.

Brad Abbott (19 y/o English MC)- Abbott will most definitely be loaned out, and his position will be reconsidered next year.

Wingers-

Dale Jennings (21 y/o English M/AM RL)- Jennings is/will be a star for this team, as he is a good dribbler, and will look to help the team on the left side for most every game this year.

Dominic McHale (18 y/o English M/AM L)- McHale should get loan experience, but will stay with the club to be the backup for Jennings in cup competitions, and easy games for the team.

Milan Lalkovic (21 y/o Slovakian AM RL, ST C)- A former Chelsea product, Lalkovic will start most games at right wing, and look to take Barnsley back up. He will be also used in the striker role, as his finishing is very good for a winger.

Mike Phenix (24 y/o English AM RL, ST C)- Phenix really should be sold as he will not be cut out for this level at all. If we are able to find a suitable backup, then he will be gone.

Forwards-

Leroy Lita (29 y/o English ST C)- Lita is one of my two choices at striker, but while Winnall is hurt, Lita will pick up most of the goalscoring duties. They will then split time for most of the year.

Sam Winnall (23 y/o English ST C)- Winnall is the other main choice at striker, and will look to win a spot in the first team after he comes back from his injury.

George Waring (19 y/o English ST C, on loan from Stoke)- Waring is a backup striker, and Stoke won’t be happy to know that he won’t be playing much, except if injuries pop up, or cup competitions.

Kane Hemmings (22 y/o English ST C)- Hemmings will be a second substitute for most of the year, and is a good backup if he is needed.

Next- Schedule, which I think will help us get off to a good start :)

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Matches_zpsmiomizpi.png

As you see, we have a mixture of different friendlies, like a clash against Championship side Hull, and two Combined Counties teams to finish the preseason off. We start the league season with some very winnable fixtures, like Crawley and Crewe and have a good matchup with League Two Hartlepool in the League Cup.

If anyone wants to know how teams, and or nations are doing throughout the year, feel free to ask.

Next- Recap of Friendlies, and moves we have made so far in the transfer market.

Before we look at the friendlies, here is another look at the squad.

Squad_%20Players%20Players-2_zpskmnugrnd.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players-3_zpsgwcj7ggo.png

Now to the friendlies,

20e2945f-6f36-4649-bb5e-d434dc8bc079_zpswlotvcgf.png

I was pretty happy with our play in the big matches. We held two top flight teams from Spain and England to scoreless draws! I'm confident with our defense, as we gave up only goal in the preseason, in our 4-1 win to East Stirlingshire. The worry here is whether my lone striker up top can get us enough goals. We only scored 8 in six games, so a tactics adjustment could be in the offing.

Speaking of tactics, here is what I'm using, a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide. If anyone has suggestions, those are greatly appreciated.

Tactics_%20Overview%20Overview_zps3itj5kpw.png

Next- August Recap, and a Transfer Recap.

Archived