[FM16] Kafra FC - All Youth in England

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SEASON REVIEW 2032/33

We only picked up one win in our last seven matches, and our last two matches were both losses – the last match of the season, against Leeds, was the one our season depended on, so naturally we went out and lost 5-0 at home, our worst loss of the season. Fortunately, the three below us did not pick up a single point, so we survived our first season in the Championship due to the misfortunes of others. This was a tough year in every respect – we were overmatched every single game, and our offense is in complete shambles after the departure of Brett Brown and the decline of Shane Forde. The problem is, we don’t have a real solution to it, and it showed this season just how bad we are at finding the net. However, we do not seem to be having any problems defensively, final game of the season aside. We ranked as the 9th best defensive team in the league, despite having an 18 year GK and a 17 year old CD who was playing his first full season. There are absolutely no complaints about our defensive effort – the defensive line gave much more than I had anticipated. The midfield, although better than our offense, was inconsistent at best. Save for Ernest Frimpong, no one really had a season to be proud of – the worrying thing is the decline of our captain and vice-captain, Graeme Jones and Forde. I actually adjusted my tactics for Frimpong this season – instead of 2 CM and 1 AM, I did a 1 DM and 2 CM lineup, bringing Jones down to the CM position. Speaking of Jones and Forde, they have been indispensable contributors to the team for so long that watching them struggle through the season was especially painful to the watch. We managed to get through this season, but I fear for what is going to happen in the upcoming one.

Financially, we invested in our Youth Facilities again, so we spent the year in the red, but our attendance was a record of 6,111 – up from 4,445 last year and nearing our full capacity of around 7,800. By month, we were not losing much, and I predict that once we get paid for our participation in the Championship and TV rights, our account will be in the black once more (that ended up being £5.25m!) Concerning our Youth Intakes, we once again got a couple of immediate contributors – this is as much to do with the level of our Youth Facilities as it is with how crap our team is, honestly. I fear the day our Youth Intake produces players that are bad enough that even my current team are better than them – I know it is coming, since this good fortune can’t last forever!

nec1kX.jpg

9j2E9Q.jpg

t9tMJg.jpg

4o5MCK.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

George Kelledy (2030): Is he a Championship level GK? No, probably not, although the 18 year old did do a reasonable job manning the posts for the 9th best defensive team in the league during our debut season in it. 44 Games, 1.42 Con/90, 12 Clean Sheets (7th Best in League), 129 Saves Held (Best in League), 90 Saves Parried (2nd in League), and a 6.79 AR – those are pretty decent stats for a GK of a team that overwhelmed almost every time they stepped on the pitch. The most important thing now is to monitor the growth and improvement of his abilities – he has the potential, he just has to realize it. My coaching staff has him rated at 3/5 CA and 5/5 PA, so they obviously think highly enough of him – I just hope he shows the kind of improvement his predecessors at the starting GK position did not.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Allan Bullivant (2030): He is now 19 years old and is pretty much the same player he was when he first made his debut for the club – that is not good. Considering his statistics are also nothing to write home about – 43 Games, 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 5.86 TpG (5th in League), 128 Mistakes (League Leader), 6.60 AR – the once prized prospect of the 2030 Youth Class is looking nothing more than an underachieving rotation player. It is a shame because the left back position has been a problem for us ever since the beginning, and I really thought we had finally gotten our answer. This was his third full season with the club, and I doubt we will see the kind of development that will take his form to the next level considering his age. Starting to really disappoint, to say the least.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Marvin John (2032): Although he is more of a natural at right back, the best prospect to ever come out of the Kafra Youth Academy was slotted at the CD position because I thought he would be more useful to the club in the middle than on the flank. I was not wrong, as he was one of the finest defenders in all of the Championship in his debut season – in 46 Games, he registered 5 PoMs, 3.79 TpG, 43 Key Tackles (2nd in League), 216 Key Headers (Best in League), 757 Interceptions (Best in League), and a 7.00 AR. Although I did not see how we were going to replace fellow Caribbean Kemar Herrera at the end of last year, I now have my answer. We have the 18 year old Trinidad & Toboggan signed on for two more seasons – hopefully, we can convince him to stay before his contract runs out.

Terry Davis (2030): For the second straight year, a 19 year old who had no business starting for us based on his abilities was again one of our most valuable players of the season. If you look at his numbers, he looks like the type of player that maybe could find success in the Vanarama leagues, but Davis did a hell of a job for us in the Championship. In 45 Games, he registered 3.04 TpG, 175 Key Headers (2nd in League), 644 Interceptions (4th in League), and a 6.86 AR, and although he simply cannot be our long term solution at the position, he has done pretty well filling in the past couple of seasons.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Chace Panzavechia (2023) : All you need to know about his season is that his 6.63 AR was his highest since 2024. I’ve attempted to work him out of the rotation, but I do not have anyone capable of taking over full-time yet, so he still saw action in 30 Games. I don’t know what it is about my fullbacks, but they have been completely unimpressive since Kafra FC was founded in 2015. We have some players coming up through the ranks in their late teens that could potentially challenge for a spot here, and I am hoping beyond hope that it happens sooner rather than later.

Daniel Whittaker (2029): The first potential replacement for Panzavechia at the RD position, he did not perform any better than the player he was meant to replace. The 19 year old played in 21 Games, registered a 6.60 AR and displaying some maddeningly inconsistent form throughout the season. Based on his performances this season, he is definitely not the answer, not the short term nor in the long term.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Samuel Watkins (2027): Our Player of the Year for the third straight time (and second straight time I would have personally given it to someone else), the 22 year old was again one of our best performers through the course of the season. In 45 Games, he registered 5 Goals, 4 Assists, and a 6.97 AR, as the team in general struggled to get assimilated with Championship-level football. Still, he proved he could handle himself with this level of football, and he remains one of our most reliable players, especially in the face of all those who quickly deem the team not good enough for their standards. He has a great attitude, and he should do better with a season of Championship football under his belt.

Ernest Frimpong (2031): He is only 18 years old and he’s already a drama queen. He spent the entire season complaining about his unhappiness and the team’s quality and how he wants to join a bigger club. In 36 Games, he registered 5.74 TpG, 80% Pass Ratio, and a 6.99 AR – his lowest in his young career. If he spent more time focusing on how to improve himself and see how he give us better form in the field instead of telling me how he wants to join another team, maybe we can reach the heights he so desperately desires. The upcoming season is his final one on his current contract, so I have a big decision to make this offseason.

LEFT WINGERS

Damian Mitchell (2023) - Career: He has been a fantastic professional through his first ten seasons with the club, and although his abilities are not up to Championship standard, he remained our favorite starter at the position this season. In 35 Games, he registered 4 Assists, 1.97 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, and a 6.76 AR – all numbers that were down from last season, although that was to be expected with the big jump in talent between leagues.

Les Sealy (2031): Although his form was generally wildly erratic, I have to say I kind of like what I saw from the 17 year old in his debut season. Part of the ’31 Youth Intake, he showed a lot of progress last year in the U18s, so I called him up for a run at the first team. His pace is great for any level of football – now we just need the rest of his game to catch up. He has shown the desire to improve on his abilities, and he was rewarded with ample playing time – he played in 25 Games, registering 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 2.47 TpG, 2.04 DpG, and a 6.65 AR. I expect better from him next season – I just hope he keeps up the good work in training.

RIGHT WINGERS

Eddie Bird (2028): Although the 20 year old had played most of his career on the left, after the departure of Brett Brown left a big, gaping hole at the ring wing position, I decided to try Bird out, thanks to a lack of options. He didn’t do terrible, I guess – 43 Games, 6 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.54 TpG, 1.65 DpG, 6.66 AR were his numbers. Not terrible, but definitely not Brett Brown numbers. He is not the long term solution at the right wing position, but we still don’t have any real options after the departure of so many talented wingers over the last few years.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Graeme Jones (2016)Career: In the final game of the season, our 32 year old captain surpassed his teammate Shane Forde to become our all-time leader in appearances, hitting 672 League Games for the club. He played in all 46 Games, registering 2 Goals, 2 Assists, and a 6.79 AR – although he appeared in all of our games, you can tell that the AM has ascended into the twilight of his career. He was overmatched a lot of the games, and I had to sub him out with a lot more frequency than before. An era is ending soon, but we don’t have any replacements for him, so he will be starting next season, as well.

FORWARDS

Shane Forde (Original)Career: I figured he might have had a decent season or two left him in him at the beginning of the year, but the 34 year old has been pushed to his limits. It is nothing to be ashamed of – his career is a historic one for the club, and he is by far the club’s best ever player thus far – a legend in his own right. 35 Games and only 7 Goals with a 6.69 AR – those numbers are not going to cut it and they are most likely not going to improve. Still, what a career, and what a servant for the club. The fact that I haven’t quit this save out of the frustration of the challenge is most likely due to his performances through the years saving that from happening. He has not retired yet, but he will most likely not be starting next season.

Dan Dean (2030): For better or for worse, the 18 year old is our best striker after Forde. Given his abilities, we are going to have a rough time scoring next year – simply put, he is not Championship material. Unfortunately, this is the best of what I have at his position. I gave him a lot of playing time this season in hopes of preparing him, but 28 Games, 4 Goals, and a 6.67 AR are not the kind of numbers you want to see from your striker. He is part of the ’30 Youth Class, which has been seemingly our best intake ever, and the encouraging thing is he has shown a lot of improvement in his abilities, as well. I am hoping he surprises me and gives us some decent seasons while we wait for a star striker to appear from our Academy.

YOUTH INTAKE

I forgot to take the Youth Intake picture, but Ferguson was a 2/5 CA and 5/5 PA – he was the only candidate with a CA of over half a star.

Outside of Ferguson, this was a very mediocre Intake. Even Ferguson looks to be decent, but not great – both Brett Brown and Bruno Borges had better abilities than him coming out of the Youth Academy. There is one defender (Mitchell Brady) who MIGHT be able to crack the rotation, but I don’t see it happening for anyone else.

2033/34 PRESEASON REPORT

The Pre-Season was relatively uneventful, with only Frimpong making noise about wanting to leave. I have a lot to do internally trying to figure out how to replace Forde and Jones’ contributions, and we are short on talent at pretty much every position for this level of football. I fear we might not be able to survive the drop this year – last year was lucky, but we can’t possibly be lucky two years in a row. Frimpong is now entering the last year of his contract, and no one wants to pay a fair valuation for him, so I might just let him see out the rest of his contract with the team as we have no one nearly as talented at his position or the team, with the exception of Marvin John.

q3bCgU.jpg

f3pMTn.jpg

WfIbtT.jpg

E7i8C1.jpg

FORMER PLAYERS

Edwin IndecheAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2027 for £475k: Was bought by Malmo for £900k, and is now a starter for them. Also an important part of his country’s national team.

Obed MohammedAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2028 for £3.5m: The 22 year old spent half the season on loan at Fulham, where he did OK.

Bruno BorgesAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2029 for £1.7m: Spent the season on loan with Dukla Prague, where he had a decent season. He was named to the England U21 squad.

Hadan LavineAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2030 for Free: The 23 year old has become a star for his Barbados side (43 Caps, 15 Goals), but is languishing in the League 2 with Yeovil. Didn’t have a good season.

Brett BrownAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2032 for Free to Aberdeen: Didn’t play a single game for his new club Aberdeen.

Kemar HerreraAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2032 for Free to Aberdeen: Made 3 Appearances, registering a 6.57 AR. Very non-noteworthy season.

The facilities upgrade is so important! Let's hope you can get even better youth intakes now!

Yep, that's the goal! Its literally the most important thing!

It's amazing that they still won't let you upgrade recruitment....

They did once in my 18 year career - but it has been a while since.

SEASON REVIEW 2033/34

Another rough season in the Championship, we again barely made it. This is a tough league! The talent different is still very high – even the worst teams give me problems. Thankfully, we seem to be pretty solid defensively, although this coming year is going to be Marvin John’s last, it seems – I can only imagine how much worse we will be when he leaves. The season was a fight from the beginning to the end – we did not have long stretches of good form to speak of, and we ended the season on the relatively low note, failing to win any of our last eight matches. Thankfully, we amassed enough points to just avoid the drop, but the truth is, this team should probably be playing a level below – if not two. This season was also the inevitable “End of An Era”, as both Graeme Jones and Shane Forde could not hold on to their starting spot. The former is making noise about wanting a new challenge, while the latter announced that he would retire at the end of the season. It has been a great run for both of them, but now it is time to figure out to do it without them. Replacing Forde at the striker position is Dan Dean – he did a lot better than I expected, but he definitely is not the answer. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone else worthy of starting in his spot. Tom Ferguson, our best prospect from last year’s Youth Intake, has taken the job of replacing Graeme Jones, even though his talents seem more suited for the wings, where we continue to have a lack of quality options. Frimpong has already signed with Rangers, so the CM played his last season with us, but we do have numbers at the position and some decent prospects. Defensively, Marvin Johns is a star, there is no doubt about it. The finest prospect to ever come out of the Youth Academy, is obvious he is the most talented player we have ever had. Left back Allan Bullivant has not lived up to his potential at all, but GK George Kelledy has exceeded his, and continues to surprise. Overall, we were the 9th best defensive team in the league, which is what kept us up – it definitely wasn’t our worst in the league rated offense! We advanced to the 5th Round of the FA Cup before falling to Arsenal 5-0 at home, but it was a reasonable run.

Our Youth Academy continues to give us reasonably talented prospects – the way I figure it, we have a terrible enough team that we can get a contributor every year. I remember my last save in FM15 – there would be years where I would get 2 or even 3 international stars from my Intake’s, so we still have a long way to go in terms of advancing our Youth Facilities to the level they should be, although I cannot complain about the state they are in now. Financially, we seem to be stable – the money paid for playing in the Championship means we will be a few million in the black by the time next season starts.

Mm0UAc.jpg

p0S0pT.jpg

FzyX9g.jpg

IMPPZA.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

George Kelledy (2030): The encouraging thing is that he showed a lot of steady improvement over the past two years, and the 20 year old delivered a pretty decent season for us in his 3rd year as a starter. He played in all 46 Games, registering 1.58 Con/90, again leading the league with 145 Saves Held and 110 Saves Parried, and a 6.80 AR – of course there are more talented GKs in the league, but he seems to be holding his own. He definitely is not a liability, and at this point with the lack of talent on the squad, that is a very positive thing.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Allan Bullivant (2030): At 20 years old, to give us a 6.40 AR season while playing in 43 Games is unacceptable. It is quite clear that although he was selected by my staff as the star of the ’30 Youth Class, he has been anything but that. I do have some options at DL, so I don’t know if I should give up on him or give him one more shot. Talent-wise, he should be doing alright, but he has shown absolutely no progress in his abilities since breaking into the first team (only in Determination.) We can’t continue to have such disaster seasons for anyone of our starting eleven, and this includes Bullivant. He has been a huge disappointment to say the least.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Marvin John (2032): I don’t think it would be far-fetched to say that the 18 year old was perhaps the best CD in the Championship this season – the stats certainly back that claim up. In 46 Games (he has not missed a single league game he has been eligible for in his career thus far), he registered 3 Goals, 5 PoMs, 4.17 TpG, 46 Key Tackles (2nd in League), 282 Key Headers (Best in League), an incredible 889 Interceptions (Best in League), and a 7.12 AR. No one else in the league had these numbers, and combined with his great improvements in his abilities over the course of the season, it is easy to picture him as a future English international. He has made noise about wanting to join a bigger club, but no offer given to me will be worth the extra season he gives me, I think – this coming season is the last of his contract. He also got called up the England U19 and U21 teams, becoming the first Kafra Youth Academy player to ever be called up to the latter.

Terry Davis (2030): The best description of Davis would be great effort but ultimately limited. He is 20 years old now, and has spent the last 3 years as the makeshift starter alongside John at CD for the club, and he continues to do a solid job. The reality, however, is that he is simply nowhere Championship-level material, and his growth in his abilities as been stagnant over the past year. I don’t think it is from a lack of effort, but rather that he has hit his peak. In 43 Games, he registered 3.09 TpG and a 6.83 AR, to go along with 620 Interceptions (10th in League) and 158 Key Headers (3rd in League) – decent numbers across the board. We have some young talent at the CD position that could eventually replace him as starter, but for now, he continues to deliver solid form.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Daniel Whittaker (2029) : It is like Panzavechia 2.0, which is not a good thing – 39 Games, 4.36 TpG, 6.54 AR. These are the kind of statistics that his predecessor at the position would put up – good tackling average along with a low AR, showcasing his, more often than not, underachieving form. The 20 year old has some reasonable talent, and he continues to improve, but form like this continue to be an issue for me at my fullback positions.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Samuel Watkins (2027): The former Kafra Player of the Year for the last couple of seasons did not have as strong a year as he did previously, although he was still a solid figure for us in the center of the pitch. In 40 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 1.57 TpG, 1.24 DpG, and a 6.84 AR that was actually the lowest he has recorded since becoming a starter for the club 5 years ago. The 23 year old is now one of the top earners at the club, and will have to hold down the fort in a big way next year as Frimpong moves on to begin his career with Rangers.

Ernest Frimpong (2031): The 19 year old was just crowned our new Player of the Year, so it’s a shame that next season he will be plying his trade north of the border in Scotland for Rangers. In 40 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 6.40 TpG (4th in League), 77% Pass Ratio, 1.62 DpG, and a 7.01 AR – he was easily our best player outside of Marvin John. He got called up to the England U19 team with John, the first time anyone from the Kafra Youth Academy has gotten called up for any England team. He will definitely be missed, after playing 121 League Games for us and registering 7.03 AR.

Jesse Simmonds (2032): Although we have a number of potential rotation players at the CM position, it was Simmonds who differentiated himself this year as I was looking for potential replacements for Frimpong. It was not so much his form – 23 Games, 2.29 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, 6.74 AR – as it was his improvement in abilities, and by the end of the season, his abilities had surpassed any of the other candidates. If he continues to the improve at this pace, the 18 year old could rival Watkins sooner rather later, and I am looking forward to seeing what he can do for us next season.

LEFT WINGERS

Les Sealy (2031): The 18 year old is one of the more confusing entities on my team – he is young, his talent seems to be there, and he has phenomenal pace that will definitely give us an advantage down the wing, yet I can’t seem to convince myself he is our starter at the position. He resigned with us for a handsome £1.8k per week, making him one of our highest paid players, and if you delve into his statistics at a deeper level than just goals and assists, you see he brings a lot to the team. For some reason, I still remain unconvinced, however – in 34 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 2.12 TpG, 2.35 DpG, and a 6.69 AR, numbers that should be alright for an 18 year old. The inconsistency is obviously there, but so is the potential. I hope he can find a way to ease my mind about him this coming season.

Damian Mitchell (2023) - Career: Only 14 Games played this season, the Kafra veteran has finally been replaced by faster, more talented players at the left wing position. This is not a slight against the 27 year old, but we simply have had better players come through the ranks the last few years. After Jones and Forde, he is our longest serving player, so this is someone who has been getting the job done since the Vanarama National days. He will continue to have a spot in the rotation, just not as a starter.

RIGHT WINGERS

Eddie Bird (2028): I will straight out say it – I am not a fan of the 21 year old. He has not shown real progress in his abilities, and he remains as inconsistent as ever, which is why I think this will be his last season as a starter. In 34 Games, he registered 5 Goals, 1.67 TpG, 1.14 DpG, and a 6.64 AR – every game, it just seems like the effort is not there. We hardly threaten any team down the right wing, despite my tactic being to take advantage of our flanks. Simply put, he just is not good enough to be part of a team that is playing Championship football.

Phil Chappell (2032): Given that I was so underwhelmed by Bird as our starting right winger, I began looking for alternatives, and Chappell was the one that earned the most playing time. He looks like an exact replica of Les Sealy, with the same strength in pace and speed, and delivers almost the exact same type of game as the left winger. In 20 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 1.34 TpG, 2.11 DpG, and a 6.69 AR – the same AR that Sealy registered. Obviously, I have the same type of concerns – namely, that the technical aspect of his game will not catch up to his other strengths, but given how desperately I want Bird out of the starting lineup, I have no qualms about playing him.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Tom Ferguson (2033): At first glance, the talents of the 17 year old look better suited for the wings as opposed to the center of the pitch, but there is two issues with me retraining him: 1) His natural position is AM and he seems to have very little grasp on how to play down the wings, and 2) While I have players that can play at either wing position, there is no one of enough talent to replace Jones other than Ferguson. He became the defacto starter for us, playing in all 46 Games and registering 4 Goals, 6 Assists, 1.47 TpG, 1.31 DpG, and a 6.78 AR – obviously, his numbers could be better but he is very young playing in a very difficult position. He is also the first prospect I signed with a Club Extension Option, so he looks to be with us for a while as opposed to all the other prospects that came before him.

Graeme Jones (2016)Career: A torn hamstring that ruled him out for 3 months and the emergence of Ferguson has finally put an end to the 33 year old’s grasp at the starting AM position – a title he has held for over 17 years. There was nothing of note in his season, except for his imminent and very sharp decline in his physical statistics – he was already very fragile, and now has become practically unplayable. Nothing can take away what he has given the club over the past 18 years – a legend in every sense of the word.

FORWARDS

Dan Dean (2030): The youngster surprised me and I think everyone with his performances this season in that he was an actual contributor and a not a liability up front. Granted, we have the worst offense in the league and he is clearly not Championship-level material, but the 19 year old was decent enough to be a threat. In 43 Games, he registered 14 Goals, 6 Assists, and a 6.78 AR – like I said, not great numbers, but better than I expected looking at his abilities. That being said, I am desperate need for your Youth Academy to produce a striker of some talent for us, because we are not getting far with Dean as our primary offense threat.

Shane Forde (Original)Career: An era comes to an end! His last season with us might have been uneventful, but his career has been anything but that. The 35 year old announced in the middle of the season that he was calling it quits, and it will be very sad to the legend and the club’s best ever player walk away after 18 years. My attachment to Forde and Jones was amongst the deepest attachments I have had with any player in any version of FM, and like Jones, nothing can take away the immense contributions Forde has made to the club over the years. A one club man, he has seen the club through its beginning days in the Vanarama South to the borders of the Premier League, being named the club’s Player of the Year for 13 years straight! He will be very much missed.

YOUTH INTAKE

a4TqST.jpg

I am actually very impressed by this draft. Gwinnett is the obvious star of it, even though we have had better rated players come out of the Youth Academy the last few years, but I don’t think we have had some a well-rounded Intake as of yet. There are a number of players, especially on the defensive end, that I feel could become contributors, and I am cautiously optimistic about Miller’s potential to become a starting winger for us.

2034/35 PRESEASON REPORT

We started out the summer by bidding Ernest Frimpong goodbye, as he left to join Rangers on Free. The board accepted my proposal to better our Youth Recruitment, so that was excellent. I also requested our Youth Level increase, and they agreed that by the end of the season, we should have an increase to Level 2. I spent the rest of the summer rejecting bids of Gwinnett from the top clubs in England – I am praying this is a sign that he has some crazy potential I don’t see because even Marvin John did not generate this kind of interest. Speaking of Mr. John, he is entering the last year of his contract, so we might be bidding him farewell after this season, which will be a great loss because he is easily the best prospect we have ever had.

Looking back at my Youth Intakes, I think the Class of ’30 (Kelledy, Bullivant, Davis, Dean) still tops it as my best ever, but the Class of ’32 (John, Simmonds, Chappell) seems to be coming up strong to challenge that title. After that, the Class of ’29 (Herrera, B. Brown, Whittaker) seems to be a clear favorite, followed by the Class of ’31 (Frimpong, Sealy) and Class of ’27 (Mohammed, Watkins) as the best of the rest. What is obvious, however, is that the quality of the Youth Intake has gone up since the mid-2020s, and judging by the last two intakes, we might need to revisit just which classes were the best in the next few years.

aSMEOJ.jpg

G4JYl5.jpg

RPfVGh.jpg

dyz5JD.jpg

FORMER PLAYERS

Edwin IndecheAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2027 for £475k: The Kenyan is making the best out of life at his new club Malmo in Sweden, delivering a decent season. Has now appeared in 20 Caps for his home nation, scoring a single goal.

Obed MohammedAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2028 for £3.5m: Still not finding his way into the Bournemouth rotation, the 23 year old recently declared his eligibility for Ghana, and as such made his debut for them, becoming the 4th player to come out of the Kafra Youth Academy to become an international player.

Bruno BorgesAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2029 for £1.7m: Became the Kafra Youth Academy’s most expensive player ever after Norwich sold him for £7.75m to Hull, with a potential to increase up to £12m. Has appeared 5 times for England’s U21 side, and his last year with Norwich, although played sparingly, showcased him in good form.

Hadan LavineAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2030 for Free: Had a decent season for Yeovil, but the Barbados international saw his team relegated again – they will now be competing in the Vanarama National! This for a player who made so much noise about wanting to play for a team with a bigger reputation. Has now earned 44 Caps and scored 15 Goals for his country.

Brett BrownAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2032 for Free to Aberdeen: Spent the year on loan at Hamilton, playing in 12 Games and scoring 3 Goals.

Kemar HerreraAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2032 for Free to Aberdeen: Spent the year on loan at Chesterfield, competing against us in the Championship. Has now earned 16 Caps for Jamaica, but was not selected to be part of the team that went to the World Cup 2034.

:applause: Excellent news!

Yes, its about time!

Wow you are really moving up! Hopefully the money can be invested in a new or bigger stadium or better training and youth facilities.

Its actually not my money :) I had sold him to Norwich for £1.7m (well, kind of - the board forced me by accepting due to it being an offer they cant refuse) a few years ago, and they have turned him around for a hell of a profit.

Love your career KUTGW!

Thank you so much! Hope you keep reading and commenting :)

Like the update as always. How do you decide which of the youth intake to show us?

With those who have 3 star potential, is there any who could rock the boat and go for a starting position?

It's a shame John wants to leave, he's a superb player. Have you looked at offering longer, better paid contracts?

Like the update as always. How do you decide which of the youth intake to show us?

With those who have 3 star potential, is there any who could rock the boat and go for a starting position?

It's a shame John wants to leave, he's a superb player. Have you looked at offering longer, better paid contracts?

Thanks! I just show the players I feel are the best - with my Youth Levels being pretty good and my team's talent level relatively crap, I have at least one instant starter in almost all of the last Youth Intakes. Outside of that one prospect, however, I usually only get one player that can add anything to the club, with the rest being pretty terrible. I was not familiar with the Club Extension Option until recently, and unfortunately, I had signed John to the max at the time - a 3 year deal I believe. If I offered them a lot more money from the beginning, do you think there is a chance they might stay? I have had a real problem with my best prospects leaving the team.

Been reading since the beginning of the thread :thup:

How secure is your job and can we see a screenshot of the legends, icons page?

Sure! Right now, I am at Very Secure, although it has gone up to Untouchable a couple of times. As for the legends, the fact that the game has not listed Graeme Jones as a legend of the club is a crime.

8JEnjO.jpg

I have to say that is very sparse considering all the promotions and how many appearances some of your long time players have surely accumulated for the club. In comparison to my own team i find there are too many players being added too quickly, players i would call backups are icons for instance.

I have to say that is very sparse considering all the promotions and how many appearances some of your long time players have surely accumulated for the club. In comparison to my own team i find there are too many players being added too quickly, players i would call backups are icons for instance.

It could be because Shane Forde was the only one to win the Kafra Player of the Year award for 13 years straight. After that, the only other winners were Samuel Watkins and Ernest Frimpong, so it could have something to do with that.

He was going to sign for another team in a month for free, so I figured I would benefit now and give up the 6 additional months I would have him. Sad that such a talent is leaving the club, he's probably going to be an England international soon:

qC6jIm.jpg

Did you get any sell on fees?

On a side note, I think that to have the best chance of keeping them, sign them for a low wage to start with, 3 year contract with the club contract extension clause.

Then like after the first year is over try and sign them again. Like literally try to resign them as much as possible (As long as the contract actually goes further than the current one).

EG: Marvin John, would've signed him to a 3 year contract (2020-2023), but by feb or march of first season I would see if I can sign him again (2021-2024) then again as often as possible. Maybe easier to get them to sign before they get too famous/big for their boots.

Sad he's going, he's a real star. I'm sure you'll come up with something!

Hopefully we'll get some decent prospects this Youth Intake. We have increased our Recruitment over the summer, and improved our Youth Level, so hopefully that will help!

Did you get any sell on fees?

On a side note, I think that to have the best chance of keeping them, sign them for a low wage to start with, 3 year contract with the club contract extension clause.

Then like after the first year is over try and sign them again. Like literally try to resign them as much as possible (As long as the contract actually goes further than the current one).

EG: Marvin John, would've signed him to a 3 year contract (2020-2023), but by feb or march of first season I would see if I can sign him again (2021-2024) then again as often as possible. Maybe easier to get them to sign before they get too famous/big for their boots.

That is actually what I try to do! By the time they turn 17, they are already telling me the level of the team is too low for them, so I don't even get the chance to do that. I did put a 10% fee for his next sale.

SEASON REVIEW 2034/35

This was the third year in a row we finish just above the relegation zone, and this time around, only one point separated us. I am disappointed with the season because I felt we had amassed enough talent to at least get us above 20th Place, but I was wrong. The mid-season sale of Marvin John did not help – he had refused to sign a new contract and his current one was up in the summer, so instead of losing him on Free, I gave up the extra 6 months and sold him to Manchester City for £5m + 10% of Future Fee. It sucks but it is a lot of money to give up for just 6 months, so I pulled the trigger. This was actually the first year that we sold multiple players (the screenshot is below), which speaks well for the quality of our Youth Academy – the investment and all the money we pay to support it is starting to pay off. In terms of the team itself, with the decline of Graeme Jones and the retirement of Shane Forde, I assigned George Kelledy and Samuel Watkins our captain and vice-captain, respectively. Kelledy becomes only our 4th ever captain, and 3rd captain who will lead the club through multiple seasons. Defensively, after the departure of John, the GK was our most important player – the first time in the history of the club that our GK was our leading man in our defensive line. Whereas in the 2020s and early 2030s the CD position was amongst the best on our squad, that is simply not the case anymore. We might have numbers, but we are severely depleted of quality at the position. The opposite is true for our CM position – our Youth Academy has been churning out CMs over the past few years like nobody’s business – Mohammed, Lavine, Frimpong, Gwinnett, Watkins, and now, Dakoutrous (more on him below.) Offensively, it is our wing positions – once our strongest positions – that have faltered, and now they are occupied by less than capable starters. The AM position has transitioned seamlessly from Jones to Ferguson, whom I just triggered the club extension option on for two more years, and he was named our Player of the Year this year. As for the striker position, Dan Dean surprised us all with his performance this season – it was a lot better than expected.

Overall, the talent level on the team grew despite the loss of Marvin John, which is a huge, huge loss for us. Financially, we are at our healthiest, however, and I don’t see us going backward anytime soon. Our Youth Intake this year delivered a couple of quality players at positions we don’t really need quality as compared to others, but our Youth Academy continues to impress, regardless. Our Average Attendance hit a record of 6,509 this year, and we finally will get a small stadium expansion. Las year’s Youth Intake (Class of ’34) brought us two starters, as did the Class of ’33. The ’32 Youth Class, which features John, has also given us two rotation players other than our former CD, so the Youth Academy is definitely doing a good job for us.

xQ8XGA.jpg

kw0oE0.jpg

rbqEim.jpg

1djZAC.jpg

WG6fPl.jpg

yPgX12.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

George Kelledy (2030): The new club captain at 20 years old, he has become one of our most indispensable players. Putting his league leading statistics aside (45 Games, 1.44 Con/90, League-Leading 149 Saves Held and 107 Saves Parried, 6.85 AR), the thing that makes me happiest is that in his 4th season as a starter for us, his improvements in his abilities has not stagnated one bit. He went from being a Vanarama National quality GK at the beginning of last season to a Championship quality GK at the end of this one. He has done a fantastic job for us, and he did a great job in his first season as captain, as well.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Allan Bullivant (2030): Honestly, his 5.93 TpG (7th in League) is the only thing about the 21 year old’s game that is encouraging. His other stats (43 Games, 6.57 AR) speak volumes about just how underwhelming he is when it comes to the game – I am so disappointed in how he has turned out. He was supposed to be the star of the ’30 Youth Class, the sure thing – turns out, he has been a big failure. He only has the starting job by default, as there is no one else really capable, which has been the same story since the inception of the club at this position.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Marvin John (2032): He left midway through the season for £5m to Manchester City, and we truly felt his absence over the course of the second half of the season. Last year, he was probably the league’s best CD, and losing someone like that is never going to be easy. He was giving us great numbers, as usual, before he left – 21 Games, 3.82 TpG, 7.17 AR – but after making so much noise for the past year and a half and refusing to resign with us, I had to let him go otherwise we would have lost him in the summer for Free.

Terry Davis (2030): There has never been much expectation from Davis – he filled a need when we were low on numbers and did his very best to give us consistent, solid performances. He is a great professional, but his abilities are nowhere near where they should be for Championship level football. That being said, talent-wise, he is probably our second best CD right now, which says a lot about the state of our defensive line. In 33 Games (strained stomach muscle ruled him out 4 weeks), he registered 3.10 TpG and a 6.77 AR – his AR is down from last season, but like I said, there has never been much expectation from him and he has already overachieved so much.

Mitchell Brady (2033): In the absence of John, the 18 year old finds himself as our most talented CD – not a position I expect he would have thought he would be in a year ago. He showed good improvement throughout the year, and my coaching staff think he has the potential to become a Championship level CD in the future, so that is encouraging. He did well in his first season as a starter – in 29 Games, he registered 3.10 TpG and a 6.92 AR. Hopefully, he will keep showing improvement and be solid for us next season, which will be his first full season as a starter for us.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Daniel Whittaker (2029) : Slight improvements this year from the 21 year old means it was not a complete disaster of a season, but he still has a long way to go to actually being considered decent. In 43 Games, he registered 5.01 TpG and a 6.60 AR, and he was also the team leader with 489 Interceptions. The 6.60 AR tied his career-high (sad, I know) – if he could just get his form to be more in the 6.75-6.80 AR zone, then I would be satisfied. Right now, his form is simply too poor for me not to keep trying to find other options on my squad.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Phil Gwinnett (2034): The Youth Class of ’34 star prospect, his debut season went better than one could have hoped. Despite still being 16 years old as the season came to a close, he showed maturity far beyond his age, holding down the starter position like a seasoned pro. He played in all 46 Games, registering 3 Goals, 3 Assists (which I would like to see an improvement on), 2 PoMs, 3.14 TpG, and a 7.03 AR, putting together an all-around impressive debut season. Like I said above, I would like more assists, and his general fitness is low (he gets tired too quickly), but these are both things I think are going to improve as he matures. He have a jewel in our hands, and hopefully he will be happy enough with the team in a few years not to give me drama about resigning.

Samuel Watkins (2027): With the emergence of the more talented Gwinnett and the vast improvements made by Simmonds, the new club vice-captain saw his playing time and role diminished a little bit this season. That being said, he remains a vital part of the team and very much part of the rotation – in 35 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 2.53 TpG, and a 6.75 AR. His AR was a career-low, and a far cry from his far when he was crowned the Kafra Player of the Year two times in a row, but the 24 year old midfielder spent a good 5 weeks dealing with an injury in December that affected his form.

Jesse Simmonds (2032): One of our most improved players this year, the 19 year old fought his way into the squad rotation, and by the end of the year, was actually my favored starting partner for Gwinnett in the center of the pitch. In 43 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 5 Assists, 2.61 TpG, and a 6.88 AR, playing in a style reminiscent of Zac Sweeney, who was one our best CMs in the mid-2020s. I was highly impressed by his training, and if he continues to improve the way he did the past two years, there is no reason he cannot be classified as a Championship level CM soon.

LEFT WINGERS

Les Sealy (2031): Well, at least he gave us his best season yet after signing his new deal that makes him probably our most overpaid player yet. In 35 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 9 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.63 TpG, 2.84 DpG, and a 6.85 AR, which are actually very respectable numbers. But the reality is, the 19 year old winger is a whiner who is not getting any better than what he is now, and right now, his only strength is his outstanding pace. We pay him £2.1k a week, which is the 3rd highest on the team, but he is by no means our 3rd best player. In fact, towards the end of the season, he lost his starting place to the improving Miller.

Louis Miller (2034): Having only turned 17 in March, not much was expected of Miller this season, but he did enough throughout to earn the starting spot from Sealy for the last couple of months. He ended up playing in 15 Games, registering 2 PoMs, 2.37 TpG, 1.08 DpG, and a 6.85 AR. His talents, in my opinion, are more in line with what I want from my wingers, and although Sealy’s pace is a lot better than Miller’s, the youngster Technical and Attacking abilities are superior to Sealy’s. He also showed the kind of improvement in abilities that I would like to see in my players, so I’m hoping he continues to get better and delivers us even better form next year.

RIGHT WINGERS

Phil Chappell (2032): Its uncanny how similar Chappell is to Les Sealy in terms of ability – they are almost the exact same player. Incidentally, he delivered almost the exact same season – 37 Games, 3 Goals, 8 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.64 TpG, 2.78 DpG, 6.93 AR. They are also both 19 years old, but I think Chappell is a harder worker than Sealy and we will likely see more improvement in his abilities in the next couple of years. Pace is also his strong point, and although I prefer him to Sealy, I don’t want him to be our long term starter at the position. Right now, there are no real alternatives – he is better than the former starter at the position, Eddie Bird – but I hope the Youth Academy can give us a prospect or two at the position soon.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Tom Ferguson (2033): Our newly crowned Kafra Player of the Year, the first thing I did when the season came to a close was trigger our Two Year Club Extension Option – he is going to be with us at least to end of the 2037/28 season. Better yet, he does not seem upset about it, which is great because he is definitely our best player. In 39 Games, he registered 6 Goals, 8 Assists, 2.45 TpG, 1.73 DpG, and a 7.06 AR, showing good improvement in his form over last season. Not only that, but he showed tremendous improvement in ability as well – my coaching staff think he is already very well suited for Championship level football, and believe him to be a Premier League AM in the future. He is only 18 years old, so I can definitely see that happening. His versatility is also a big plus – he can also play down both wings, which is an added bonus. Overall, I am really excited about the type of progress he could be making in the next couple of years.

Graeme Jones (2016)Career: Jones is our second legend in as many years to finally call it quits – in reality, the club has only had two legends in its history and Jones’ retirement will mean none of them will be playing for us next season for the first time in the club’s history. His season was forgettable, and he dealt with a few injuries throughout – the truth is, since his hamstring injury last year, he has not been anywhere near the player he once was, and his physical statistics now make him unplayable. Still, he holds the record for most All-Time Appearances for the club, and our captain from 2023 to 2034 (he was also vice-captain from 2018 to 2023) will remain in the club’s history books forever as one of the greatest players we had in our first twenty years of existence.

FORWARDS

Dan Dean (2030): I did not highlight it with a screenshot, but Dean set our world on fire by scoring 6 (!!!) goals against Reading early in the season, which paved the way for the most surprising season I have had from any player ever in any version of FM. If you look at his stats – 46 Games, 25 Goals, 4 PoMs, 6.90 AR – you would assume that the player registering such numbers would have far more ability than Dean does, but amazingly, this is what he gave us. I never thought in my wildest dreams he would give 25 Goals, and I highly doubt he is going to repeat this feat, but the 20 year old was able to rest to bed one of my fears – what was going to happen to our offense when Forde retired. At least for now, he has shown himself a capable replacement.

YOUTH INTAKE

EMemfr.jpg

Dakoutros is probably our second best ever prospect after Marvin John, and although the Youth Academy gave me two prospects that play in positions that I am not desperate for talent for right now, Dakoutros looks like he is going to be a star. I immediately threw him into the starting lineup, and he was highly impressive in the few games that he played before he got injured. I am very excited to see how he will do next season. As for Vera, he looks like a great prospect, too – only problem is, Kelledy has proven to be a great addition to the team, earning the captaincy and developing into one of our most important players.

2035/36 PRESEASON REPORT

No drama this preseason – we are expanding our stadium, so we’ll be sharing with Millwall – that’s not a bad thing because it gives us better attendance. The core of the team is still together for another season, so I hope their growth will also lead us to do better in the league. Training went well, and we are seeing a lot of progress from our younger players. The aim this season has to be to finish above 18th Place – anything less than that will be a disappointment. We have finished one spot above the relegation zone for the past three years, and I want to push past that point now. I believe we have enough talent on the team – the big worry is the defensive line.

Yezvhg.jpg

Afm1iA.jpg

Glzswx.jpg

92Xu5g.jpg

FORMER PLAYERS

Edwin IndecheAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2027 for £475k: Doing alright in Sweden, he now has 25 Caps for Kenya. Not much to report here, really.

Obed MohammedAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2028 for £3.5m to Bournemouth: I honestly thought that he would develop to be a lot better than what he is now. The 23 year old still has not cracked the rotation at Bournemouth, although he did earn an extra Cap for Ghana, bringing his total to 2 Caps. He was not called up for the African Nations Cup tournament this past winter, however.

Bruno BorgesAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2029 for £1.7m: Only appeared twice for Hull after they bought him for £7.75m, but the 23 year old does have the talent to play in the Premier League. Still has not added to his England U21 Caps.

Hadan LavineAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2030 for Free: The irony of Hadan Lavine playing in the Vanarama National after making so much noise to leave us when we were being promoted to League 1 in order join a “better” club is not lost on me. He is obviously not a happy camper, but at least the 25 year old continues to be a crucial member of his national team, earned 53 Caps and 16 Goals for Barbados. For the record, Yeovil won the Vanarama National league this year.

Brett BrownAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2032 for Free to Aberdeen: Has completely stagnated since leaving us. Was sold to Hamilton for £105k in the summer, and he gave his new club a decent season (23 Games, 4 Assists, 6.73 AR) in the Scottish second division. Now 22 years old.

Kemar HerreraAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2032 for Free to Aberdeen: Spent the season on loan at Hiberian. Decent season overall (28 Games, 4.99 TpG, 6.77 AR), and won his second Caribbean Cup the past summer with Jamaica (22 Caps, 1 Goal).

Ernest FrimpongAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2034 for Free to Rangers: His first season with Rangers was a resounding failure, as the 20 year old failed to impress. He played 18 Games, registering a 6.37 AR. No real progress in abilities or his career.

Marvin JohnAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in January 2035 for £5m to Manchester City: Spent the second of the season on loan to Bournemouth in the Premier League, where he did exceptionally well (12 Games, 2 PoM, 7.43 AR). Also earned his first call-up to the England U21 squad, going on to earn 8 Caps. The future is bright for the 19 year old, who thus far is the best player to ever come out of the Kafra Youth Academy based on talent.

At least you are consistent (21st) - But hopefully with more experience and a relatively strong youth intake you can get in the teens this year, and the youth improvements will help the next youth intake massively.

KUTGW I don't think I have ever been hoping for someone else to have success this much ever.

At least you are consistent (21st) - But hopefully with more experience and a relatively strong youth intake you can get in the teens this year, and the youth improvements will help the next youth intake massively.

KUTGW I don't think I have ever been hoping for someone else to have success this much ever.

Wow - thanks so much! It has been almost 20 years since the start of this save, and by the looks of things, we have quite a few more years before we can think about promotion to the Premier League. After that, the challenge is staying up, and from there building up to win the Premier League, and then Europe. I hope I can get to all those challenges before FM17 comes out! I hope you keep enjoying what you read.

The better your academy, the better your youth level will be. 1 being the highest/best.
Just wondering - but were the other players you sold (ignoring John) not needed?

So good news about moving up a Category then! The others sold were not needed, no - I have better players and I decided to cash in instead of just waiting for their contracts to expire and then releasing them from the club for nothing.

Wow, Marvin John is described as a Wonderkid now as well! Shame you couldn't hang on to him, he looks a certain future England international. :(

At least you have a few good prospects, hopefully you can establish yourself in the Championship and get some bargaining power! Keep up the good work, the Championship is a very tough league. :thup: