[FM16] Kafra FC - All Youth in England

abulezz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great update, love the detail you go into which explains he squad. Nice to see Forde still going and hopefully he'll start there until retirement! KUTGW, looking forward to the next.

Thanks for the compliments - I'm glad you are enjoying the read. Forde just resigned with us for the next four years on the richest contract I have ever given, so he'll be around!

Pretty comfortable in the end well done and hopefully you'll improve a bit next year

It only got comfortable towards the end - relegation fight all season long!

Good luck next year, seems like Jones and Forde will be the benchmark for years to come.

Cheers,

Bitner

So far, they have been the foundation of my team, but hopefully players like Indeche can become just as important.

So I know that I usually wait for the Season Review updates, but I cant contain my excitement on this one. I had gotten the board to increase the level of Youth Recruitment earlier in the season, and Junior Coaching last season, and it seems to have paid off. I am going to have a problem keeping him with the team, but he looks fantastic:

oQZFn1.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2026/27

Quite a drama-filled season – we started out in a relegation fight, spent some time in the relegation zone, and finally pulled ourselves out and finished in a respectable 19th Place, safe from the drop for the second straight year. Our defense was just about as good as it was last year, ranking 16th in League, but our offense was abysmal – 23rd in the League, but we were last for most of the season before we got involved in a few high scoring games. The drama also continued in the locker room, as both Edwin Indeche and Hadan Lavine – our two brightest young prospects – held out on contract talks for most of the season. Lavine finally relented and signed with us until 2030, but Indeche has only gotten more vocal about leaving. The Kenyan was a key component of our defensive line, adding solidity alongside Stylianou to compensate for our dreadful play at the fullback positions. Combined with decent performances from our GK, our defense ended up being the strongest part of our team. In the center of the pitch, we had to deal with a lot of injuries, which allowed for the emergence of Lavine, who took the starting position and never let it go. Our wing play was a lot better than last season, adding real threat to opposing teams on both sides, but the star of our squad remained Forde in the striker position. He was, again, the primary reason we were able to fight and stay up for the second year in a row. In the FA Cup, we advanced to the 3rd Round, the first time that has happened in the club’s history, while we lost our first games in both the Capital One Cup and the Johnstone’s Paint Cup, exited both cups prematurely.

Our finances took a turn for the better this season, and after receiving the payment for participating in the Sky Best League 2 (around £500k), we ended being very close to a positive balance for the first time in a couple of years. Our attendance continues to go up, and our average this year was up to 2,164 from 1,859, and obviously that helps with the amount of money coming in. I have been investing in any Youth project I can any chance I get, and so that is where all the money goes whenever it goes positive, and this year I managed to increase the Junior Coaching and the Youth Recruitment.

Our Youth Intake produced, in my opinion, our greatest prospect yet in Obed Mohammed, our 15 year old Ghanaian (I have my second nationality as Ghanaian) midfielder who is already better than anyone on the team. I think he will be even better than the diva Edwin Indeche, whom my coaching staff have been crazy about since he made his move from the Kafra Youth Academy to the first team, so I am very excited to see what he is going to do next season. Between him and last year’s prospect Hadan Lavine, who also plays in the CM position, we could potentially have a very strong midfield in a couple of years, if Mohammed decides to sign a long term contract with us.

bLY4x0.jpg

nCGMEL.jpg

RasKv9.jpg

8bLdHg.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Will Robson (2023): It’s strange to think that Robson is still 19 years old considering this was his third full season of starting, and second in the Sky Bet League 2, yet Robson is still a teenager and is still prone to inconsistency that plagues almost all young players. That being said, Robson did show regression this season compared to last, with his form dropping enough for the coaching staff to take notice. At the beginning of the season, they had him ranked as 3.5/5 in CA, but that dropped down to 2.5/5 at the end. In 45 Games, he registered 1.49 Con/90, 11 Clean Sheets, and a 6.68 AR that dropped from a 6.78 AR last season even though he had better defenders in front of him. He is far and wide the best GK we have, and his attributes suggest he is not half bad, but he has to focus and work on improving his abilities further so he can of be of an acceptable level.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Chace Panzavechia (2023) : After the Paul Evan experiment failed last season, I had to look at other alternatives for our most troublesome position, and the best I could come up with was Panzavechia. Sadly, although he showed tremendous progress in terms of ability improvement, the 20 year old was not the answer at the position, either. In 46 Games, he registered 4.35 TpG (17th in League), but he led the league with 131 Mistakes and had an abysmal 6.50 AR. As a DR, my coaching staff has him ranked 3.5/5 – much higher than Neil Ward – but I do not have anyone who is better than he is at DL, unless I want to go back to Paul Evans. Either way, there is a lot to think about at the position this summer as I continue to look for a solution.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Kyriakos Stylianou (2022): Two different injuries – a twisted ankle and fractured ribs – ruled the 21 year old Cypriot out of roughly ten weeks of action early in the season, and he never quite got his form back through the rest of the season. In 34 Games, he registered 3.54 TpG and a 6.75 AR – down from 6.85 AR last season. He also led the lead in Key Tackles and Key Headers last season, but this season he registered 24 Ket Tackles (24th in League) and 118 Key Headers (10th in League), numbers that were significantly down from the 2024/25 season. My coaching staff believe he has hit his peak abilities with little room for improvement in the future, but if he can return to the form of last season, he will serve us well.

Edwin Indeche (2025): Our most sought after and highest rated player ever, he proclaimed his intent to join a bigger club early in the season and made public his disappointment at my refusal to accept bids that I considered too low for him. To be fair, the improvement in his abilities across the board was fantastic, and although his form is not quite showing it, it is obvious why he has so many teams chasing after him, from Cardiff to Milwall. In 46 Games, he registered 3.13 TpG, a league-leading 691 Interceptions, 27 Key Tackles (6th in League), 137 Key Headers (4th in League), and a 6.79 AR. Don’t forget, he is still only 17 years old, although the Kenyan does play beyond his age. I am not keen to lose him, and I keep trying to see if he will change his mind and resign, as his contract runs out in June of 2028, but it does not look likely, so it will be an interesting summer. He definitely showed a lot of improvement in form between the 2024/25 and 2025/26 seasons, and my expectation is that he will be even better next season. My coaching staff were right to rate him so highly, as based on talent alone, he is definitely the best we have ever produced.

Paul Evans (2017): After having a miserable season last year starting at DL, I switched Evans back to CD as our third choice behind Indeche and Stylianos. He only played in 21 games, although his form did get much better (from 6.46 to 6.70 AR), but the 26 year old’s days as our starting CD are over. There is simply too much talent in front of him, although he remains valuable because of versatility and ability to give good performances in the CD position. He is one of the club’s all-time leaders with 360 League Appearances, and he will certainly add to that, but it is obvious his skills are better suited for the lower levels. Still, there is no better option on the squad coming off the bench to cover for the defensive line, so he still has an important part to play on the team.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Neil Ward (2021) : He performed better this season than last, but it is all relative – his 6.67 AR, while much better than 2024/25’s 6.51 AR, is still very mediocre. He played in 42 Games, registering 4.17 TpG (impressive considering how unreliable he is) and a 6.67 AR, and he actually showed some decent improvement in his abilities this season, but I am still going to look into what I can do with the defensive line. My coaching staff have Panzavechia rated much higher than he is at DR, so there is the option of putting someone else at starting DL and shifting Panzavechia over to this position and see how he does. That is pretty much how little faith I have in Ward at this point. In 264 League Appearances, he has a career average of 6.63 AR, and he is now 22 years old, so it is unlikely Ward will give me much more than what he is already offering – I honestly thought he was one of our best ever prospects when he first came up from the Youth Academy.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Zac Sweeney (2020): This was the first season in four that Sweeney’s AR dipped below 7.00, but I think it has more to do with being injury-plagued as opposed to just not playing well. The 23 year old has been a hugely important player for us the past few years, even as more talented (ability wise) players have risen through the ranks to the first team, but three injuries throughout this season ruled him out for twelve total weeks. He only played in 33 Games, registering only 2.42 TpG (his 4.97 TpG in 24/25 was 4th in league), and a 6.88 AR that was his lowest since the 21/22 season. I fully expect him to bounce back next season and give us a typical Sweeney performance.

Hadan Lavine (2025): Honestly, I did not think Lavine would be an immediate contributor – I thought he needed improvement in his technical and physical abilities before he would give the squad meaningful contributions. I am glad to say I was proven wrong, and even happier to say I was proven wrong so early in the 17 year old’s career. He started the season strong, and by the middle of it, had forced his way into the starting eleven. His season ended prematurely with a sprained ankle that ruled him out of March and most of April, but he had already left his mark. In 31 Games, he registered 4.24 TpG, 1.53 DpG, 77% Pass Ratio, and a 7.01 AR, great overall numbers for someone so young and especially impressive considering it was his first full season. The coaching staff love him, and his 3.5/5 CA is the highest at his position of anyone’s on the team, and they also believe he can improve a lot in the future, which is encouraging. I did not want to make the same mistake as Indeche and wait too long before offering a long term contract, but he did give me some drama before finally resigning with us till 2030 at the end of the season – I am really excited to see Lavine continue his development next season.

Bradley Howell (2022): The team’s perennial overachiever, you would never expect Howell to be consistent and reliable in his form just by looking at his attributes. This season, in 33 Games, he registered 3.14 TpG, 1.35 DpG, 76% Pass Ratio, and a 7.01 AR – almost identical numbers to the previous season. With the 21 year old, you know exactly what you are getting, which is why he is the first name off the bench usually. The coaching staff only have him rated as 1/5 CA, but given that is always one of our best performing players with a career average of 7.08 AR, he is almost as valuable as our starters.

LEFT WINGERS

Damian Mitchell (2023): I could not have been happier with Mitchell’s performance this year, as he showed the kind of improvement in both abilities and form that I wish to see from all my squad. In my tactics scheme, I put a lot of responsibility on my wingers, and Mitchell has responded great this season, finally putting it all together after teasing as much the previous years. This was his fourth year as a starter, and the second down the left wing, and repaid me by featuring in 43 Games, registering 8 Goals, 12 Assists (12th in League), 1.72 TpG, 1.16 DpG, 76% Pass Ratio, and a 7.02 AR – a great improvement from last year. My coaching staff rates him only 2/5 CA, and think he is close to his full potential, but the 20 year has been proving them wrong for years, so I am hoping for one more major uptick in abilities, and I am totally happy with him giving me the type of season he did this year every time.

RIGHT WINGERS

James Devonshire (2024): That’s more like it from the 19 year old – this season was much more in line to what I was expecting from Devonshire after his disappointing 24/25 season. Although his abilities have been pretty much the same as when he made his debut three years ago, his form was much improved over last year. In 43 Games, he registered a career-high 10 Goals, 11 Assists, 4 PoMs, 1.50 TpG, 1.58 DpG, and a 6.93 AR – a huge improvement over the 6.68 AR he registered last season. His pace is still his main strength, though it is a shame the rest of his abilities have not caught up. He still has time for some improvement spikes. The coaching staff do not predict it, however, as they have reduced his PA to only 3.5/5.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Graeme Jones (2016)Career: For the second straight season, injuries did not allow the club’s 26 year old captain to have the kind of season we have been used to seeing from him. He only managed to play in 33 Games, failing to record a single Goal and only one Assist, while his 6.84 AR was his lowest as a starter in his career. This was his eleventh full season with Kafra, having played in 408 League Games over his career with a 6.99 AR over the span, and he currently has the second richest contract at the club after Shane Forde at £1.2k having been rewarded for his loyalty to the club. I hope that his injuries, which have become much more frequent over the past years, are not going to be more common as he enters his late 20s, because he is hugely important to our offense.

FORWARDS

Shane Forde (Original)Career: For the 10th year in a row, he was named Kafra’s Player of the Year, as he continued to cement his undisputed claim as the club’s finest player of all-time. The 28 year old vice-captain, like his captain Jones, had a lot of injury concerns this season which limited him to only 34 Games, but his form remained as good as ever – 21 Goals (4th in League), 8 Assists, 3 PoMs, and a 7.06 AR, pretty much duplicating his numbers from last season. He also owns the richest contract in the history of the club, earning £1.4k a week – a fully deserved contract considering his 438 League Appearances, 212 Goals, 101 Assists, 60 PoMs, and 7.11 AR are all club records. He is our main offensive threat, and he has been fantastic since being moved back to the striker position a few years ago, having scored 20+ goals in his third consecutive season.

YOUTH INTAKE

unAko3.jpg

Two years ago, we received Edwin Indeche, whom my coaching staff correctly predicted would be our best ever prospect, as his development has been fantastic. Last year, our best looking prospect, Hadan Lavine, made both myself and my coaching staff eat our words as he made remarkable progress in his abilities throughout the season, forcing himself into the starting lineup at the club’s deepest position. This season, our Youth Academy gave us our third straight sure-fire prospect in Mohammed, who is probably going to give Indeche competition for the best ever prospect title – he looks that good. Otherwise, it was a pretty ordinary Intake – Plant has a chance to be part of the rotation, but no one else looks capable.

2027/28 PRESEASON REPORT

The big news from the summer was the inevitable sale of Edwin Indeche – he left to Crystal Palace for £475k at the end of June, signaling the end of a drama that had stretched throughout the 2026/27 season. While I was looking for around a £1m for him, it was obvious to me that he was not going to resign, and he was very public in his unhappiness, so much so that the team announced their support to me when he finally left. The best we got was Crystal Palace’s offer by a long stretch, so I did not want to risk it and wait for another £50k or £100k more and miss out on selling him all together. I thought about keeping him and just letting him leave on free, but the truth is, we do need the money, and we are already battling relegation with him on the side, so how bad can we really get? In the end, only time will tell just how influential he was, but I felt I could live without someone who gave me a 6.79 AR for the season. Indeche represented our first sale, but he no longer is the only player to come out of the Kafra Youth Academy to have a transfer bid – he was joined by recent graduate from the academy, Obed Mohammed, who was subject to bids that ranged from £150k to £250k this summer – bids that were quickly rejected.

I really hope my defensive line doesn’t suffer as that was the strongest component of the squad. I have a problem at left back, and I don’t know who will be the right partner for Stylianou at CD – I am going to have to do a lot of experimenting to figure it out. My midfield, however, looks a lot more set – Lavine is a bonafide starter, and Mohammed is definitely going to be giving Sweeney a run for his money. The odd man out seems to be Howell, with Jones playing in front of the two CMs at AM. The wing positions are more than healthy, and Forde will be manning the front at the striker position. It feels like it is going to be another relegation battle season, but if we can survive for a third straight year, it will be considered a success.

vSKfKD.jpg

JqHj6H.jpg

gHqqMP.jpg

ZVwYZt.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2027/28

The Skybet League 2 has easily been the toughest one out of the three the club has been involved in over the past thirteen years – the talent difference continues to be a huge mountain to climb. It did not help that we lost our best defender in Edwin Indeche at the beginning of the season (and he’s doing nothing at his new club), and injuries were a commonplace occurrence, leading to a disappointing and frustrating season. While I am happy we did manage to survive relegation, I was disappointed we did not make the kind of progress I had hoped, but the truth is, there simply is not enough talent on the team, especially on the defensive end. What was once the strongest part of our game is now made up of parts that would do well to find regular football in the Vanarama regional leagues – our fullbacks’ form has been terrible, and there is no real depth in what was once our deepest position at CD. I don’t think Indeche could have solved that single-handedly, but his talents were definitely a step in the right direction. Even more frustrating is that the Youth Academy did not give a viable defensive player who could be part of the rotation yet again this season, so we are stuck with what we have. What the Youth Academy has given us is midfielders galore, whether wingers or central midfielders. Just look at the list: 2027 – Mohammed, 2026 – Lavine, 2024 – Devonshire, 2023 – Mitchell – all players that are now starters for the club. This year was not exception, as we got two talented wingers that look like they can add to the team immediately. Up front, we have no worries with Forde and his backup, Dennis, but with the Irishman now 29 years old, whoever is going to replace him in a few years needs to start getting some regular football, and right now, the Youth Academy has not given us anyone. At some point, we have start getting better in the league, otherwise we will continue to be at risk of losing our best players to bigger reputation clubs. In the FA Cup, we advanced to the Fourth Round, eventually losing to Championship side Preston, but the run was our best ever to date. For the second straight year, however, our Capital One Cup and Johnstone’s Paint runs ended with our first game.

The club was taken over by a local businessman named Neil Wood at the end of the season, and he wiped our financial slate clean, putting in nearly £1m in the club’s account and removing us from the red. That doesn’t fix the fact that we are turning losing month after losing month at this point despite having a very low wage bill – our attendance is not turning enough income to cover our losses.

The Youth Intake gave us a player of over 3/5 CA for the third time in four years, which really speaks about the state of the current talent at the club. When Intake graduates are immediately your best players at the position they play and you are in the Skybet League 2, you know you need much more talent in your squad. Unfortunately, the trend seems to be that the new, talented Intake players that have come up due to increased levels and spending in the Youth Facilities (Junior Coaching, Recruitment, etc.) have been wanting to leave after a few seasons, and not allowing the development of the team around them. First it was Indeche, and now Lavine has me offering him out because of all the noise he is making. It is going to be a tough few years.

0r3yEc.jpg

A2u7fN.jpg

XjAoPT.jpg

b8orIL.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Will Robson (2023): He’s consistent, I will give him that – the three years we have spent in the Skybet League 2, Robson has registered 1.52, 1.49, and this season 1.52 Con/90. He played in every game (46 Games) this season, as well, and he bumped his AR up from 6.68 AR to 6.75 AR, although his Clean Sheets dipped from 11 to 8. Overall, I have no reason to be disappointed – he does not give us great performances, but he does give us consistent ones, and there is no doubt in my mind that if the defensive line in front of him improves, his form will improve right along with them. The GK position out of any other is the one I find the least difference in abilities between us and the other teams in the league, especially the top tier ones. Also, Robson is only 20 years old, and although I wish his abilities had improved more over the past few seasons, I am content with what we have currently at the GK position (not that I have any other choice, anyway.)

LEFT DEFENDERS

Paul Evans (2017): I am lost as to what I have to do at my fullback positions, especially the leftback position. I shifted Evans back here, even though our previous try in 2025/26 was a disaster, and the results were not any better. He only played in 25 Games, as my experimentation went on all season, and although he did register a career-high 4.66 TpG (good enough for 8th in League had he qualified), his abysmal 6.51 AR told the more telling picture. Evans is overmatched at this level even at his natural position of CD, so imagine what it is like for him at leftback. Yet again, our Youth Academy does not see the importance in giving us proper fullbacks, so next year is going to be another fun one trying to figure how to get proper, decent performances out of my fullback positions.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Kyriakos Stylianou (2022): The 22 year old Cypriot returned to form somewhat after injuries limited him last year, ranking amongst the league leaders with 27 Key Tackles (4th), 139 Key Headers (4th), and 572 Interceptions (12th) – areas he has been very strong at the past few years (he led the league in Key Tackles and Key Headers in 2025/26.) However, there was definitely some inconsistency to his form, which was reflected by his 6.72 AR, his lowest since his first season as a starter for the club in 2022/23. He did play in 44 Games, which was a good sign that his injuries are hopefully behind him, and he also registered 3.49 TpG, which is right along what he has been doing the past three years. Our coaching staff rates him at 2/5 for CA, with a chance of him getting to 2.5/5, but he is obviously rated much higher than that in my book. He is our most talented defender, for all that’s worth, and the heart of this defensive line.

Neil Ward (2021) : This season must have felt like vindication for the 23 year old Welshman – stuck playing at the fullback position since breaking into the first team, he delivered subpar performances throughout his tenure there. With Indeche being sold, Ward became our only viable option to start alongside Stylianou, and he gave us his greatest season by a long shot. Let’s start with the good – he played 44 Games, registering a league leading 148 Key Headers, 612 Interceptions (4th in League), and a 3.32 TpG. However, he also was amongst the league leaders in Mistakes, and his 6.75 AR, while easily the best of his career, pinpointed to the relative inconsistent season he had. Still, his presence and play has at least made sure that one part of the defensive line continues to function properly, and I am hoping he does even better next season.

Ben Davies (2024) : Our third choice CD, I thought I would highlight him because he has gave us a vastly improved season this year over his past few. He played in 23 Games, registering 3.80 TpG, and a 6.73 AR that was a career-high (his previous two seasons saw him register 6.54 AR and 6.51 AR.) Now 20 years old, the coaching staff has him at 1.5/5 CA, and that is probably accurate, but he did come through and give us decent coverage when needed.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Chace Panzavechia (2023) : While Ward will have to give us a couple of more seasons like this one before he drops the ‘Underachiever’ tag, I never thought his replacement at right back would actually be worse than he was! Everything points to the 21 year old being good enough to really shine – he played in 43 Games, registering 4.26 TpG, and the coaching staff has him rated at 4/5 CA with a 5/5 PA still, saying he could potentially be a key player for the club. Yet his 6.45 AR is where the real story lays – I don’t understand how he could deliver such disastrous form. Right back is his natural position, and his abilities have him ranked as one of the club’s best players, so I honestly thought I had solved at least one of the fullback problems. Plus he gave us a lot of improvement in his abilities, as well, so I just don’t know what to expect next year. Was this season an aberration, and he will show us his true form next season, or is he one of those players that you never understand why they cannot perform?

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Obed Mohammed (2027): A fantastic debut season from the 16 year old Ghanaian, and he has already passed Indeche as perhaps our most talented player to come out of the Kafra Youth Academy – our coaching staff seem to think so, as he is the only player to be rated 5/5 for CA as well as 5/5 for PA. He played in all 46 Games, registering 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.50 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, 1.14 DpG, and a 7.04 AR. Better yet, he showed remarkable improvements in his abilities, and by the end of the season, he was a lot better than he was coming in. I rejected bids as high as £1.1m (from Bournemouth) for him, and although his ambitions state he wants to play in the Premier League, I have him locked up till 2030. I believe that if I do end up selling him, I can get a lot more than what was offered if he keeps up this pace of development. For right now, though, I am enjoying his performances in the middle of the pitch, and hoping for more of the same next year from the youngster.

Hadan Lavine (2026): The King of Drama himself, ladies and gentlemen! All season long, he was telling everyone how he wanted to leave, getting to a point where he didn’t want to sign a contract because he disliked me. Thankfully, his rhetoric has been toned down a bit, and now he just doesn’t want to resign because the players we have don’t meet his ambition. It’s a shame, too, because Mohammed and Lavine could form a fearsome due at CM. I also have him locked up till 2030, but I have begun offering him around for £500k – he is causing too much commotion around the club. He did give us a decent season, though – in 34 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 2.45 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, and a 6.91 AR. I think, if he had been happy and not acting like a little female dog, he would have easily given us a better season. As it would have it, if we get a proper offer for him, I will be accepting, but hopefully I will get him for one more season and try to change his mind.

Zac Sweeney (2020): A favorite of mine and I am sure a fan favorite, I just could not justify starting him in front of either Lavine or Mohammed, as their talents were much better than our perennial ‘Overachiever’. Still, he did play in 30 Games, registering 2 Assists, 2.13 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, and 6.78 AR – all numbers that are historically down compared to his other seasons, but still decent enough. He is 24 years old now, having just completed his 8th full season at the club, and he will continue to play an important role in our rotation as he is the first name off the bench.

LEFT WINGERS

Damian Mitchell (2023): He was not quite as sharp as he was last year, but the 21 year old still delivered a solid enough season. In 39 Games, he registered 5 Goals, 8 Assists, 1.83 TpG, 1.05 DpG, and 6.89 AR – while I would have liked to see more goals and assists, he did a good enough job. My wings have been fine performers the past couple of years, and Mitchell has really shone in that span. He has also shown dedication in improving his abilities, which has shown in his form. He has been a starter since his first full season with the club in 2023/24, and his career average is 6.85 AR, so he has been a consistently fine winger for us – he has the ability to play down both wings, which is an added bonus, or even as an AM if needed. He is still young, too, so hopefully he can still show us some ability improvements before he peaks – ideally, you want him to give us 7.00AR+ seasons with close to ten goals and assists, something which he has already shown he is capable of.

RIGHT WINGERS

James Devonshire (2024): On the positive side of things, the 20 year old gave us a second straight season where he was a decent offensive threat down the right wing, and while not as effective as last season, he was still amongst the team leaders in goals and assists. In 37 Games, he registered 6 Goals, 8 Assists, 1.61 TpG, 1.94 DpG (vastly improved over last year), and a 6.84 AR (down from 6.93 AR.) On the negative side of things, he just refuses to improve his abilities – he is still basically the same player that came in four years ago, which does not bode well for him because our star prospect this year, who has already been rated much better than Devonshire by our coaching staff, plays the same position. He has had four good years so far as a starter, and has shown he can both score and assist goals, but as we look to improve the squad, his inability to get better in these four years might come back to haunt him.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Graeme Jones (2016)Career: At the age of 27 years old and his 12th full season with the club, Jones gave us a career year that vastly exceeded anything he had shown before. Coming off an injury plagued season, he went on to play in 45 Games, registering 5 Goals, 15 Assists (tied for 4th in League), 6 PoMs, 1.86 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, 1.09 DpG, and a career-high 7.19 AR – in a nutshell, he was instrumental in every part of play for the club this season. I keep saying that the club has two legends so far (not according to FM, but whatever), and that is the captain of the squad Jones and his vice-captain Shane Forde. Without them playing, the team always looks lost. Incidentally, both players have been around since Kafra’s first season – the only two left from that inaugural season, and ironically they remain the club’s most important players.

FORWARDS

Shane Forde (Original)Career: As he inches towards 30 (he is 29 years old now), I am slowly becoming more and more anxious because there is absolutely no one on the club who will be able to replace what he brings. The injuries are becoming more frequent, and I fear a sharp decline in his abilities as he crosses the 30 year old threshold, but for now, he remains one of the finest players in the league – 38 Games, 24 Goals (4th in League), 5 Assists, 2 PoM, and a 7.07 AR. This is his fourth straight year scoring 20+ in the league, and considering that our offense is amongst the worst, one can imagine the nightmare it would be without him. As I mentioned before, he is our record holder in nearly every single offensive category, and he is without a doubt a club legend. If Kafra was a real team, there would be probably be a statue erected in front of the stadium for him.

YOUTH INTAKE

2OeHrK.jpg

Our team must really suck, because for the third time in four years, we have a player whose CA outweighs anyone else at the position he plays. Obviously, my investment in Junior Coaching, Recruitment, my new HoYD, and Youth Facilities is paying dividends – now if only I can stop them from leaving before they turn 20. Also, outside of that superstar potential talent, the Intakes are not giving me much. My team has some serious holes, but it seems all I have been getting are midfielders. Borges is obviously going to be a starter next year – in fact, in the little he did play this season, he gave us fantastic results (10 Games, 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 7.09 AR), so I really am looking forward to see what he can bring on the wing next season. Bird looks decent enough, and I am retraining him to focus on the left wing as he will never beat out Borges on the right.

2028/29 PRESEASON REPORT

The biggest news going into the pre-season was the takeover that happened, wiping our financial slate clean and having us start fresh. Hadan Lavine was pretty noisy for the second straight summer about wanting to leave, but I still could not get any takers that would offer me a fair deal, so he stayed put. Otherwise, it was an uneventful buildup to the season, leaving the team that finished last season in place to begin 2028/29. I feel better about this upcoming season than I have the past three years, and that is mostly to do with the exciting talent we have in our midfield. Between Lavine, Mohammed, and now Burgos (whom I received a few offers for), we have some real League 2 talents that will hopefully translate into a better offense for us. We have finished amongst the worst in offense since entering the League 2 three years ago, so it would be a big boost for us. The defense obviously remains a concern, but I am praying for a minor miracle in hopes of having at least one of my fullbacks give me a decent season. Onwards to our fourth year in the Sky Bet League 2!

pfX3Yp.jpg

1xpzjo.jpg

UIIoo0.jpg

EX59lN.jpg

FORMER PLAYERS

Edwin IndecheAttributes Upon Leaving: He spent the season on loan with two different clubs, only getting playing time with League 1 outfit Swindon. He actually did extremely well, playing in 14 Games and registering a 7.31 AR, while also showing improvement in his ability. Crystal Palace should make use of him next season. Career

Here's hoping that money and improvements can help you push on.
Well, now you have some money to invest in structure. Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Bitner

That is the hope - further development so that the Youth Intakes start giving us better players!

Shame Mohammed has had to leave, he looked a real prospect! Great update as per and looking forward to the rest.

Thanks! He was already making a lot of noise about wanting to move, and £3.5m is quite a lot of money, so its a shame, yeah, but we got good reimbursement for him.

SEASON REVIEW 2028/29

Honestly, our position in the league this season did not reflect our overall form – we were better than the 19th Place we ended up as, although we did go through some very bad spells. This was the first season in the Skybet League 2 that I felt in anyway encouraged, and we never got into a relegation fight at any point – in fact, at one point around the middle of the season, we were only three points away from a playoff spot. Obviously, our form got worse as the season went on, finishing the season on a low with several players out with injuries. Generally, however, all of our players performed better across the board. Our fullbacks are still our biggest issue, but defensively, we did better – not good, but better, as we finished as the 18th best defensive team in the league. Our midfield is where our talent is, especially on the wings. Our Youth Academy seems hell-bent on churning out pacey wingers – we are currently overstocked on both the left and right wings. In the center of the midfield, the drama of Hadan Lavine ensues – he will not sign a new contract and keeps making noise about leaving. He might be our best player right now, but his contract ends in 2030, so he has one more season after the one we just played. Offensively, we were also the 18th best team in the league, with more than just Forde providing us with goals, although he once again led the team with goals scored. We advanced to the FA Cup 3rd Round, but once again we were first round casualties in both the Capital One Cup and the Johnstone Paint Cup.

Financially, the £3.5m we earned from the Obed Mohammed sale has kept us afloat this year, although the account is starting dwindle – at the end of the season, we were back in the red. Our attendance levels rose to an all-time high of 2,658, so we are seeing more money from our gate receipts, but I guess as our Youth level increases, we are paying a lot more money to maintain our current level. Speaking of Youth levels, our Intake once again featured one player who was already better than any of our current crop at his position and not much else – it seems to be a trend.

tNJ43v.jpg

45Es3f.jpg

GYM0sc.jpg

ojYGTL.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Will Robson (2023): The 21 year old GK delivered more of the same in his 5th year as a starter, despite the defense in front of him improving. He played in 43 Games, registering 1.56 Con/90, 10 Clean Sheets, and a 6.75 AR – very similar numbers to last season. It is unlikely we will get to see more improvements in his abilities, but with experience, we should see his form get better as the years go by. Right now, it looks like we are stuck with him at the position for a while yet, but we have positions where we are worse off. He does a decent job between the posts, and I cannot complain about a lack of consistency – he doesn’t have many good games but he rarely has a bad one, as well.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Paul Evans (2017)Career: It was another disappointing season at the left back position, with Paul Evans once again the defacto starter simply because there were no other real alternatives. He had a dismal season, as expected – in 39 Games, he registered 4.04 TpG and a 6.54 AR, which was sadly enough better than he did last season. Evans is now 28 years old and one of the club’s leaders in all-time appearances, and it’s a shame he is spending his peak years in a position that he is so obviously overmatched in.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Kyriakos Stylianou (2022): The Cypriot is now 23 years old, with this having been his seventh season as one of the club’s starting CD. His form this season was his best since the 2025/26 season, as he played in 44 Games and registered 2 Goals, 3.58 TpG, a league-leading 159 Key Headers, 632 Interceptions (4th in League), and a 6.81 AR. He is our best CD currently, ranked at 2/5 for CA by our coaching staff – that hasn’t changed in a few years, so we know exactly what we’re getting. He is one of those no nonsense player whose performances outweigh his abilities – a stereotypical lower league English central defender, one that I appreciate very much turns out for our team.

Neil Ward (2021) : The 24 year old is definitely enjoying his switch to CD, giving us his finest season till now in his career and putting his underachieving days behind him. In 42 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 3 PoMs, 3.47 TpG, 29 Key Tackles (11th in League), 128 Key Headers (6th in League), 617 Interceptions (5th in League), and a career-high 6.83 AR. The numbers suggest he was probably our best defender this year, and I wouldn’t put up an argument – he has definitely come a long way in terms of form. His career average is 6.67 AR, so that tells you how many seasons he spent giving us below average performances at the right back position, but he has definitely been one of the better CDs in the league since changing positions.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Chace Panzavechia (2023) : The only positive in the 22 year old’s season was his 4.46 TpG, which was among the top twenty in that category in the league. Otherwise, his numbers continue to be mediocre, despite my coaching staff telling me he is one of our best players. I don’t get it – he is playing in his natural position and he seems to have all the right attributes, but it just does not translate into good form. I did not know if last season was a fluke or not, but it seems like this is a trend with his form. I still have some small ray of hope that he will get it together, but the more likely scenario is that we will continue to see underachieving performances from the right back.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Hadan Lavine (2026): The infuriating thing about the 19 year old is that he continues to improve his abilities so much, making his refusal to sign a new contract even more frustrating. He will enter his last season on his contract this coming season, so this is likely the last year of the Lavine rollercoaster ride – it was yet another year of drama and requests to leave by the Barbados international, who earned his first few caps for his country this year, as well. I tried to sell him for £500k, but there weren’t any takers, and in reality I feel he is worth more than that. In 42 Games, he registered 4 Assists, 2.56 TpG, 1.40 DpG, 77% Pass Ratio, and a 7.09 AR, improvement across the board from the previous season. His talent is undeniable, but I will continue to shop him around in the summer as I just don’t think he will be changing his mind.

Zac Sweeney (2020): Back as a starter after the departure of Mohammed, it was the same old reliable Sweeney. The 25 year old played in 34 Games, registering 3 Goals, 2 Assists, 4.37 TpG, 1.38 DpG, 82% Pass Ratio, and a 6.99 AR – solid numbers in almost every respect. He has been a model professional since breaking into the first team nearly ten years ago, and remains so as he enters the prime of his career. Behind Jones, Evans, and Forde, he is our oldest serving player.

LEFT WINGERS

Damian Mitchell (2023): A fan favorite and a favorite of mine, the 22 year old gave us another solid season on the left wing, completing his sixth season as a starter for the club. With the emergence of Brett Brown from this year’s Youth Intake, I doubt he will be a full-time starter next year, but like Sweeney, he remains an integral part of the team. In 45 Games, he registered 9 Goals, 8 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.51 TpG, 1.36 DpG, and a 7.03 AR, delivering exactly what we needed from the left wing – offensive threat with defensive coverage. Our wings have now become our deepest and most talented positions, and Mitchell has the ability to play anywhere on the front line behind the striker. His versatility will make him especially valuable to us next season, as I am sure he will cover for all three positions and earn plenty of playing time.

RIGHT WINGERS

Bruno Borges (2028): The 17 year old Portuguese could not have given us a better season – great statistics with solid improvements in his ability. In 40 Games, he registered 8 Goals, 15 Assists (4th in League), 2.06 TpG, 2.17 DpG, and a 7.02 AR, giving us the offensive threat down the right wing that Devonshire has failed to show us in the past few years. A fantastic debut season from the youngster, and although he has already hinted that he sees his future away from the club at a higher level of football, he is signed on for two more years. I will not have any trouble getting a good offer for him, as I have already rejected offers for as much as £1.2m this season, but I want to keep him on for another year before letting him go because he brings so much to the squad when he is on the pitch.

James Devonshire (2024): His lack of improvement both in ability and form eventually led to his replacement in the starting eleven this season, with newcomer Bruno Borges taking over his duties. He still played in 24 Games, but he only registered 2 Assists and a 6.61 AR, as half of his appearances were as a substitute. Now 21 years old, it is obvious his biggest strength will remain his pace, and he will continue to serve as a capable backup, at least until Borges heads out to greener pastures, which looks possible.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Graeme Jones (2016)Career: My FM club history page doesn’t even have him listed as a Favorite personnel, but we know the real truth: this guy is a legend just as much as Shane Forde. Having completed his thirteenth full year with the club, the 28 year old continues to be one of our most indispensable players, and this season was no different – in 39 Games, he registered 6 Goals, 6 Assists, 4 PoMs, 1.90 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, and a 7.09 AR. Arguably, only Burgos gave us a better season than the captain, with Forde being hampered by injuries, as the club finished in 17th Place, the highest position it has ever recorded.

FORWARDS

Shane Forde (Original)Career: The signs that he is finally starting to slow down are starting to get impossible to ignore, unfortunately. He is now 30 years old, and this season, he only managed to play in 32 Games, thanks to four different injuries (two of them to his knees.) His 16 Goals still led the club, but it was the first season in the past five that he failed to register 20+ goals – the 6.92 AR he registered was also his lowest AR since the 2020/21 season. Is it an inevitable sign the end is coming? Probably yes, but I have no doubt he still has two or three quality seasons left in him. He just can’t play 40+ games anymore, and he needs to be rested more frequently. It will be a sad day when Forde no longer becomes an automatic name on our first team sheet, and thankfully, I believe we are still not there yet.

Toby Dennis (2022): The 22 year old featured more prominently this season because of Forde’s injuries, and as has been the case throughout his career, Dennis was more than capable of giving us decent performances as our starter. In 17 Games, he registered 8 Goals and a 7.03 AR, even earning 2 PoMs to highlight some impressive games he played for us. He will be relied on more heavily in the upcoming seasons as I attempt to prolong Forde’s career by resting him more frequently, and given our utter lack of strikers other than Forde and Dennis, he figures to earn a lot of playing time.

YOUTH INTAKE

bkaMIe.jpg

Another winger! Granted, Brown is better than Mitchell or Devonshire, so he will start alongside Burgos and Jones, but still, I wish our Youth Academy would give us some CDs of fullbacks. Herrera might amount to something, and he certainly will get the playing time to prove it given how desperate I am for a proper left back, but the rest of the intake don’t look like much. I am both excited and a bit disappointed in getting another winger – excited because it could elevate our offense further, but disappointed because we really need to address some defensive issues, and if the Youth Academy won’t give me the products to work with, then I am in a real bind.

2029/30 PRESEASON REPORT

Against my wishes, the board decided that a £1.7m offer for Bruno Burgos was too good to turn down, and our Portuguese winger became a Norwich player over the summer. It was a bit frustrating because he still had two more years on his contract, and I believe I could have easily pushed for above £2m, but alas, we make do with what we have. This will bring our team back, for sure, but the winger positions are also our most talented and deepest, so hopefully we won’t feel the crunch too much. As we went into the beginning of the season, I still had not found a taker for Hadan Lavine – all the offers were too low for me to accept, so it looks like the Barbados international will be playing out the rest of his contract for the club before leaving next summer for free. Otherwise, it has been a relatively quiet summer on the team’s end as we prepare for our fifth Skybet League 2 season.

6xL6Lh.jpg

YtHkAs.jpg

tgItrX.jpg

nDBtd4.jpg

FORMER PLAYERS

Edwin IndecheAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2027 for £475k: Still has not featured for Crystal Palace, the team that bought him, and spent half the season on loan with Rosenborg (he did not play a single game for them) and with Plymouth in the League 2, where he played 17 Games and registered a 6.89 AR. Honestly, he could have more playing time and better development if he had just stayed with us. Career

Obed MohammedAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2028 for £3.5m: Our record transfer fee holder, he spent the year with Doncaster in the League 1 on loan from Bournemouth. He played in 37 Games, registering 4 Goals, 6 Assists, and a mediocre 6.54 AR. Career

At L2 level it's a huge sum, but money isn't as important as progression on the other hand. Let's hope you find a LB, firstly, and the intakes keep improving

No luck with the LB yet - we've had to let go of our second prospect in as many years. Going to be tough to advance at this rate.

Brown looks like he could be an absolute cracker.

Yes he does, but I hope I can keep a hold of him long enough to actually benefit properly.

CONGRATS! Huge achievement, hopefully the step up in competition will also help get some more good regens in.

League 1 I find isn't a huge step up, so hopefully should be safe, the championship will be the difficult one.

good going
Smashing!
Excellent work! :)
Great work with the play off spot
Good luck! Great thread, one of the better ones this year.
CONGRATS! Huge achievement, hopefully the step up in competition will also help get some more good regens in.

League 1 I find isn't a huge step up, so hopefully should be safe, the championship will be the difficult one.

Well done! Good luck next season hopefully you have enough to stay up

Thank you all for the comments! Will have the season update up hopefully before the end of the day. What a season, and what a game!

SEASON REVIEW 2029/30

Incredible season from the start – I don’t know what it is about our fifth season in the leagues, but it always the one we get promoted in. This one especially came out of nowhere – whereas in the Vanarama South and National leagues we had a buildup in position leading to our promotion, with the Skybet League 2, we had a huge leap out of nowhere from 19th to 5th Place, so it was quite rewarding. It was especially surprising considering we had lost three of our best players over the course of the last three seasons, so I was expecting further struggles this year, but we hit the ground running at the beginning and never looked back. In fact, in direct contrast with our historical trends, we experienced our best form towards the end of the season, which bumped us up to 5th Place. We eliminated Stevenage fairly easily in the Semi-Finals of the Playoffs with a 0-0 away draw and a 2-1 home win, but our Finals matchup with Blackpool was a tense, tense affair. We scraped through on penalties, but I needed to take a breather after that match – high intensity stuff. The main reason for our sudden improvement in form was our defense – we were ranked 5th best in the league, and with good reason. Robson had 17 Clean Sheets this season, and despite our struggling offense, we found ways to salvage points from otherwise hopeless games thanks to our defensive efforts. Our midfield gave us more of the same, and with the emergence of Watkins, brought back depth to the position which we kind of lacked last season. Our wing play took a step backwards, however – with the sale of Borges, we were left with inconsistent play that did not feature much offensive threat. Graeme Jones and Shane Forde remained the heart and soul of the team, and Forde especially had an impressive season. Overall, our league play was fantastic, as opposed to our cup runs – we were 1st Round casualties in all our cups this season, disappointingly.

Financially, we ended the season with about £1.3m in the positive, thanks to 51,000 people showing up at Wembley for that Finals matchup with Blackpool, and our £500k given to us for participating in the League 2. Our attendance rose again from 2,658 to 2,909 – we should easily be cracking the 3k average next season in the League 1. Our Youth Intake finally delivered the LB we desperately needed (after 15 years), and although we are losing Hadan Lavine, I am very excited about the potential of this squad, especially defensively.

ZheGyS.jpg

5O5QVX.jpg

5ahagl.jpg

lYeY8d.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Will Robson (2023): The 22 year old’s finest season was also the season he lost the most games due to injuries. He only played in 37 Games, registering a career-high with 0.80 Con/90 and 17 Clean Sheets along with a 6.76 AR, having dealt with food poisoning and a hernia. We have a couple of prospects that have come up from the Youth Academy at the position, so for the first time in quite a few years, he has some competition for his spot. The coaching staff reckon he is good enough for the Vanarama National level, but he will be starting our first season in the Skybet League 1 for his 7th season as our starter.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Kemar Herrera (2029): I gave the rookie a shot given how bad the situation was with our left backs – and he completely surprised me. 43 Games, 4.01 TpG, 6.82 AR – I could not have asked for a better debut season from the 17 year old Jamaican. Not only that, but he showed exceptional improvement in his abilities throughout the season, and given that his AR is higher than anything I’ve had at the position before, I believe we have one of those unsung heroes on our hands. Our coaching staff has him at 3.5 CA with a 5 PA – he already is one of our best defenders, and I believe he was a big part of our improved defensive line that led to our promotion.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Kyriakos Stylianou (2022): This was a career year from the 24 year old Cypriot, as he led the league with 165 Key Headers and 649 Interceptions – this went along with his career-high 6.87 AR and 2.82 TpG, while appearing in 47 Games. There is no glamour to Stylianou’s game – it is strictly no nonsense defending, and that is something which he did rather well this season, as the team was ranked the 5th best defensive team in the league. He is done improving in terms of his abilities, and I am hoping that the Kafra Youth Academy will turn out more talented CDs in the future, but he continues to do the job, and I have a feeling he will hold his own next year in the League 1.

Neil Ward (2021) : Like his partner Stylianou, the 24 year old gave us a career season – in 43 Games, he registered 3.38 TpG, 131 Key Headers (3rd in League), 597 Interceptions (3rd in League), and a career-high 6.86 AR. Both Stylianou and Ward were fantastic in terms of winning their aerial battles and intercepting passes, and that was the primary reason why the defensive line performed so well. Ward is also similar to Stylianou in that his abilities are more suited for leagues lower than the League 2 and not higher, but I don’t have any doubts about his ability to perform in the League 1 – how the times have changed, as he has gone from perennial underachiever to one of my most trusted names.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Chace Panzavechia (2023) : The right back position now remains the only position that continues to underperform after the emergence of Herrera at left back. The 23 year old showed improvement, but his 6.62 AR – his highest in the past five seasons – is still low and reflective on his constant underperformance. The fans constantly whine about his form, and although his 4.10 TpG is a good number, it literally is the only thing Panzavechia does well. It is especially worrying because next season we are going to be playing against even tougher competition in the League 1.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Hadan Lavine (2026): His refusal to sign a new contract overshadowed what was the 20 year old Barbados international’s finest season for the club since breaking into the first team in 2026. He played in 44 Games, registering 4 Goals, 2.77 TpG, 1.57 DpG, 81% Pass Ratio, and a 7.05 AR, showcasing great all-around ability. Even better was his vast improvement – if there is one thing to be said about him, it is his commitment to improving and training. He is given both 5/5 for CA and PA by my coaching staff, who consider him the best player we have talent-wise. Unfortunately, his fourth full season with the club looks like his last, as his impending free agency approaches this coming summer.

Zac Sweeney (2020)Career: The fourth longest serving member of the squad, he continues to be an invaluable asset due to the consistency he brings to the CM position. With the departure of Mohammed two seasons ago, and the impending departure of Lavine, it was Sweeney who filled in, and come next season, he will be heavily relied upon to hold down the fort as the position goes from the club’s deepest to the one with the most question marks. As for this season, it was typical Sweeney – 37 Games, 3 Goals, 3.56 TpG, 82% Pass Ratio (2nd in League), and a 6.90 AR. Now 26 years old, this was his tenth season at the club, and as he enters his prime, he looks set to follow in Jones and Forde’s footsteps and hopefully see out the rest of his career here.

Samuel Watkins (2027): The 19 year old had his debut last season, but he broke out this season, working his way into the CM rotation with Sweeney. In 33 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 2.74 TpG, 1.42 DpG, 78% Pass Ratio, and a 7.00 AR, reminding many of his teammate. He also showed steady improvements in his overall abilities, especially his Vision, and has now earned himself a spot in the rotation next year in the League 1.

LEFT WINGERS

Damian Mitchell (2023): This was an off-season for the 23 year old, although he did not have a bad season, per say. In 42 Games, he only managed to register 1 Goal, 5 Assists, and a 6.83 AR – all down from last year. His career average is 6.1 Goals, 7.3 Assists, and 6.87 AR per season, so all statistics were below what he would usually give the squad. Nevertheless, he remains hugely important to the squad, especially after the loss of Borges and the drop in form of Devonshire, and will be relied upon to provide an offensive threat next year.

RIGHT WINGERS

Brett Brown (2029): He was not as impressive in his debut season as his predecessor Borges, but the 17 year old still delivered a solid year playing down the right flank. In 45 Games, he registered 5 Goals, 7 Assists, 5 PoMs 1.97 TpG, 3.65 DpG (10th in League), and a 6.95 AR. Sadly, he is already making noise about wanting to leave the club, and given how good his abilities look, who could blame him? My coaching staff already have him rated at 4.5/5 CA despite his age, and I have him signed till 2032, so I get to enjoy him for another couple of years – hopefully, he will change his mind and stay in that time period.

James Devonshire (2024): Once considered a future cornerstone of the squad, his lack of development in terms of his ability has now relegated him to backup status. Simply put, there is too much better talent playing the wing position for him to be considered a starter. In 24 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 2.17 TpG, 1.98 DpG, and a 6.86 AR – good numbers that proves he still has a future at the club. The 22 year old certainly had a much better year last, and here is hoping that he can maintain that standard going forward.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Graeme Jones (2016)Career: Fourteen seasons as a starter for the club, bettered by only Shane Forde (fifteen seasons) – the 29 year old club captain remains as efficient and inspirational as ever. He got the job done again this season – in 46 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoMs, 78% Pass Ratio, 178 Key Passes (2nd in League), and 6.94 AR. He also brought his total up to 538 League Games, second most in the history of the club behind Shane Forde. I don’t think he will have any problems leading the team in the League 1 next season, and he remains as important as ever for us.

FORWARDS

Shane Forde (Original)Career: The looming signs of his inevitable decline were false – Forde, our club legend, delivered potentially his best season in his storied career in 2029/30. After three injury-plagued seasons, he played in 45 Games this year, scoring a career-high 25 goals (2nd in League), and registering 5 PoMs and a 7.04 AR. Statistically, he has had better years, but when judge his contributions based on importance to the club, I don’t think his goals and form meant more to us in any other season. While the defensive play of the squad is what elevated us to the next level, it will all have been for nothing if Forde did not provide the offensive threat he did. In fact, he was the only real threat we had all season. At 31 years old, he can’t keep this pace up forever, and we are moving – once again – to a more challenging league, but he has not failed before, and there is no reason to think he cannot give us one or two more quality seasons.

YOUTH INTAKE

58NrxP.jpg

My prayers were finally answered! Not only did we get a left back, but we also got a highly rated one! My HoYD said he is only “one of the better players from this year’s intake” – no best in recent years or generational type talent – but he is definitely an immediate contributor. I just hope he delivers in terms of form and doesn’t end up being the second coming of Chace Panzavechia. Our second best prospect is Kelledy, who looks like he could potentially unseat Robson as our starting GK in a few years if he develops his ability right. We have a few prospects that could end up making the rotation in a few years, but nothing else to really be excited about.

2030/31 PRESEASON REPORT

So as expected, our most talented player – Hadan Lavine – left the club on Free Transfer. I am hoping it will be a repeat of the Shane Forde situation, where he left the club then couldn’t come to terms with a new one, eventually returning to us, but it looks unlikely as there is a lot of interest in him. In any case, our squad is worse off because of it, and I hope we don’t feel too big of a pinch. I signed a few additional staff members this offseason to strengthen my coaching staff, but otherwise, no big changes. Paul Evans, who gave us minimal contribution last year, left the club – he was our third longest serving member of the team after Forde and Jones, able to play anywhere in the back four. Our hopes are to survive in League 1, and from my previous experience, it isn’t too big a difference in talent between League 2 and League 1, so hopefully, we should be OK.

bU3Nfk.jpg

PjEyDR.jpg

aBRtxK.jpg

KcPDbo.jpg

FORMER PLAYERS

Edwin IndecheAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2028 for £475k: His fifth loan spell since being bought by Crystal Palace, he did reasonably well with Portsmouth in the League 1. He is now 20 years old – he really should have stuck it out with us.

Obed MohammedAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2028 for £3.5m: Another season on loan, this time for a the full season with League 2 side Wimbledon – he did OK, registering a 7.13 AR.

Bruno BorgesAttributes Upon LeavingLeft in 2029 for £1.7m: Spent his first season away from the club on loan at Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax, where he had a very mediocre season playing in 13 Games and registering 6.52 AR. Don’t know what Norwich have planned for him.

Archived