[FM16] Kafra FC - All Youth in England

Our first Semi-Finals appearance in the Champions League since 2054 lines us up against Wolfsburg, the German heavyweights who featured the only Kafra Youth Academy product who won the World Golden Ball award, Dimitris Dakoutros.  We have faced Wolfsburg numerous times over the past 15 years, winning four of them and losing five.  All were in the Group Stages of the CL with the exception of two matches, when we faced them in the Second Round in 2060, losing that battle after a 3-1 away loss.  Wolfsburg saw its Golden Era during the Dakoutros years in the 2040s, winning 6 Bundesliga titles in the late 2030s up till the mid 2040s.  Since then, they have won 3 titles ('50, '52, '61), and also won their first CL title in 2060 - they have been to the Champions League Finals 5 times, most recently in 2062, but have only won that one title.  They have lost to Man City the past 3 years - first in the Finals, then in the Quarter-Finals, and finally in the Second Round last year.  This year, they are second in the Bundesliga, and their team's best players are the CL's Top Goalscorer this season Holger Lorkowski (12 Goals), Wolfsburg and German national team legend Timo Wolk, and Argentinean superstar Adrian Oliva.  As for us, we enter the game as the only English team left in the competition (Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, and Real Betis are the others), and without captain Jackie Neill, who's injury plagued season has gotten the better of him and will probably be out for the rest of the season.

Up until the last ten minutes, this looked like a picture perfect match.  The boys were doing their job, the defense was tight, and we were up 2-0. But of course, I should have known better.  The first goal we conceded, in all my years I have never seen something like this - Wolfsburg took a shot, it hit my GK Guest, bounced of the top bar and back into Guest's arms.  Dale Guest, who had FULL CONTROL OVER THE BALL, then inexplicably DROPS THE BALL IN FRONT OF A WOLFSBURG PLAYER, who then taps the ball in, hits Guest, and then goes back into the goal.  I don't even know what to make of this.  Four minutes later, Wolfsburg equalizes, ended the match 2-2.  I cant even begin to describe the level of frustration I'm in right now.

vuLww3.jpg

Edited by abulezz
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, given how the away leg went, I don't think the first one would've mattered too much.  I should be happy we were able to advance to the Semi-Finals for the first time in 12 years, but the last 10 minutes of that first leg has me seething.

Ffp9bN.jpg

5 hours ago, MichaelBrown said:

:(:(:(:(:(

A million times!

4 hours ago, Torminator said:

Damnit, I was really cheering for you... But on the positive, you made a nice run and have broken the nasty pattern you were in for the last couple years.

Can't wait for the update and see the new talent that the youth intake gave you.

Yes, we can revel in the fact that we finally pushed into the Semi-Finals for the first time since '54, so that is a positive. 

4 hours ago, numbas2 said:

Has Duncan got enough in the tank for another go at the CL next season? Looking forward to the update and the youth screenies.

I think Duncan can perform at the same level for one more year, as long as he can stay away from the injuries! Update will be coming sometime tomorrow, I hope.

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

Bloody hell, this game is brutal sometimes.

As rewarding as this save has been, it has also been my most infuriating! I cant go off and spend £60m to solve my CD problem, and it always seems like we are a player or two away from getting to where we want to get.

1 hour ago, abulezz said:

As rewarding as this save has been, it has also been my most infuriating! I cant go off and spend £60m to solve my CD problem, and it always seems like we are a player or two away from getting to where we want to get.

This is why I could never do a youth challenge, I like signing players too much. :D

I did try it once a few FMs back, in Spain with some random team. Was relegated in the first season and gave up. :D

3 hours ago, noikeee said:

This is why I could never do a youth challenge, I like signing players too much. :D

I did try it once a few FMs back, in Spain with some random team. Was relegated in the first season and gave up. :D

Its really two different challenges - the first one is building a team good enough to make the Premier League.  Once that is accomplished, the even greater challenge is building a team good enough to win things at the highest level.  I might end this save in a month or so when FM17 comes out without a CL title!

7 hours ago, abulezz said:

Its really two different challenges - the first one is building a team good enough to make the Premier League.  Once that is accomplished, the even greater challenge is building a team good enough to win things at the highest level.  I might end this save in a month or so when FM17 comes out without a CL title!

Even if you fail to win the CL, this save has been an inspiration to me and joy to read. I'm planning to start an FC Twente save in FM17 and also do a youth challenge.

Even if you fail to win the CL, this save has been an inspiration to me and joy to read. I'm planning to start an FC Twente save in FM17 and also do a youth challenge.

Thank you very much, my friend! I think that is the greatest compliment one can receive when it comes to sharing their saves - inspiring others to play the same challenge.

Cracking topic Abulezz,

can an I just ask.... You've mentioned work, wife, child.... How do you find the time to get through all these seasons? I'd love to have a crack at a youth challenge, but I've no idea where I could fit it in!  Do you sim any matches or go on holiday as reading your entire thread it looks like you do everything as I always do when playing the game.  I only ask as I notice the Northern Irish youth challenge is simming a few games which I can quite understand 

4 minutes ago, robbo1948 said:

Cracking topic Abulezz,

can an I just ask.... You've mentioned work, wife, child.... How do you find the time to get through all these seasons? I'd love to have a crack at a youth challenge, but I've no idea where I could fit it in!  Do you sim any matches or go on holiday as reading your entire thread it looks like you do everything as I always do when playing the game.  I only ask as I notice the Northern Irish youth challenge is simming a few games which I can quite understand 

Hi robbo1948, and thanks for the comment! Yes, there is a wife and two children, and I do own lots of businesses throughout West Africa (including the Pizza Hut sole franchise partnership).  Basically, I holiday everything except for the games, and then from February 26 until I get the Youth Intake day, I will holiday for one day only so that I don't miss the Youth Intake day.  I will holiday through a couple of games a season, but I would say I physically play 98% of my games.  My secret is that I keep FM running in the background all day at work, so I holiday, and then take a few minutes to play a game, then holiday while I work, etc. 

I hope that answers your question!

Yes, thanks that's a really good way of getting the game played!

not only have you made me hungry to get on with it, but I now fancy a pizza. I really need to change career and get out of working for someone else and work hard for myself. Thanks for your reply hope the CL trophy finds its way to you before FM17 comes out, I think you still have time

SEASON REVIEW 2064/65

From the get-go, this never looked like our season – we trailed Arsenal for most of the year, and ended up finishing second to them without much of a challenge.  We had too many draws in matches we should have won, and we ended up paying the price.  Defensively, we were alright – top 5 in the PL – and our offense again was amongst the best, but I never had the feeling throughout the season that we were better than everyone else at either one.  For the past few seasons, there could have been no question about how superior we were offensively to everyone else, but not this season – it probably has to do with the injuries and aging of Jackie Neill (once the greatest scoring winger on the planet) and Ken Duncan, who broke the PL record with 45 Goals last season.  Nonetheless, I never felt like we had what it took to win the PL title for the 4th time.  In the Champions League, however, it was a different story – after dominating Monaco in the Quarter-Finals, it began to feel like we could see the Finals for the second time in our history.  Que the disastrous last ten minutes of our home leg, followed by Wolfsburg outplaying us in the away leg, and our Champions League adventure ended in the Semi-Finals despite what I considered a winnable tie.  Real Betis defeated Wolfsburg in the Finals to win their 4th CL title, and I just cannot help but fear that this was our best chance with this current generation (whom I have called Generation 2.0) to lift the CL title for the first time in our history.

86frQK.jpg

yCtxrq.jpg

MvQlcx.jpg

IUICWW.jpg

4BW1i2.jpg

yTj6l7.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Dale Guest (2062), 19 Years Old:  His form might not show it yet – and that is mostly because the defensive line in front of him is not quite up to standard – but Guest is easily the most talented GK that Kafra has ever had.  He played in all 38 Games, registering 1.03 Con/90, 10 Clean Sheets, and 6.88 AR – he was a bit more inconsistent than the previous couple of years, but considering he is not even 20 yet, it is expected.  He did one have one major mishap, in the Semi-Finals against Wolfsburg, and hopefully that will never happen again.  Otherwise, he looks to be one of the focal points of the squad for the next 10-12 years.  Dale Guest Training Levels

LEFT DEFENDERS

Martin Atkins (2053), 28 Years Old - Career: Another typical season from the left-back, and really, I cannot ask for anymore.  He does his job as expected, but I really wish he would cut back on the silly fouls – getting cards in extra-time of decided games is not a habit to be proud of.  In any case, this season as almost a carbon copy of the previous few before it – 35 Games, 2 Goals, 6.78 TpG (8th in PL), 78% Pass Ratio, 1.23 DpG, and 7.10 AR.  If he did not commit so many silly fouls, I am sure that the AR number would go up, but given the alternative (we have no one near as talented as he is at the left-back position), I will take the random fouls any day.  He is entering the prime of his career now, so hopefully we will see 3-4 seasons that will be close to his best before his regression starts.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

George Watts (2051), 30 Years Old, Career:  I can’t believe that Watts is already 30! Our greatest defender of all-time did not have a great season, although the team improved to the 4th best defensive team in the Premier League.  He played in 37 Games, registering 5.13 TpG, 31 Key Tackles (9th in PL), 127 Key Headers (6th in PL), 560 Interceptions (3rd in PL), and 7.13 AR, which was his lowest since he became a full-time starter 11 years ago.  His form as dropped over the past two seasons, but I am hoping that he will pick it up for the next 2-3 years – once he is gone, there is absolutely no one of his talent ready to take his place, and it is not even close.  Right now, he is easily the best player in this defensive line, and he will probably remain so for the next few years.

Anthony Dobson (2060), 21 Years Old:  He is a very similar player to the man he replaced in the starting lineup, the now retired Nathan Weston, which is not a terrible thing, especially these days when the talent at the  CD position is so shallow outside of Watts.  This was probably his best season thus far – 35 Games, 3.56 TpG, and a career-high 6.99 AR.  If he can start cracking 7.00 AR, and maybe register averages of around 7.10 AR going forward, I will be one happy camper.  He needs some more work, especially on some of his Mental attributes, but I guess he has turned out into a decent PL starter – definitely not one that should be starting for a title-chasing team, but at least decent. 

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Oliver Meyers (2055), 26 Years Old - Career:  He had another decent season, but I wanted more from England’s starting right-back.  He played in 37 Games, registering 4.86 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, 1.11 DpG, and 6.99 AR, the second season in a row he does not hit the required 7.00 AR mark.  Obviously, he did not have a terrible season, but at this point in his career, he should be developing into one of the leaders of the back-line, not just being a nice surplus to have.  He enters the prime of his career soon, and for the next 4-5 years, I would really like to see him contribute to the improvement of the squad defensively – it is not our offense that is stopping us from winning more titles, but our defense.  

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Lee King (2057), 24 Years Old:  I took him off of penalty duty, so he his goals dropped a significant amount, but other than that, it was business as usual for the star midfielder this season.  In 37 Games, he registered 4 Assists, 2 PoMs, 3.40 TpG, 1.60 DpG, and 7.38 AR – his career 7.26 AR currently eclipses all over our previous legends at the position (York, Medaglia, Bailey), and he hasn’t even entered the prime of his career yet.  Between himself and Awad, they could potentially end up being greater than all those names by the time their careers are done.  What is most impressive about King has to be his ability to be good at everything – you cannot find a weakness in his game.  He is still young, and despite my coaching staff saying that he is now as good as he is going to get, they still consider him a World-Class midfielder.

Turki Awad (2058), 24 Years Old:  He was shifted between DM and CM throughout the season, but honestly, it did not matter where he was playing, he still gave us quality almost every time he was on the pitch.  His natural fitness is his biggest issue, and at this point, it’s not something that can be solved, so I always need to make sure he is being subbed and rotated at the right time – it can be annoying, but having a rested Awad on the pitch more than makes up for that minor annoyance.  In 36 Games, he registered 5 Assists, 5.44 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, 1.18 DpG, and 7.29 AR – now the race is on between Awad and King to see who could potentially be Kafra’s greatest CM of all-time.  I definitely think it will be one of those two – they have already delivered seasons that York, Medaglia, and Bailey rarely showed us, and they have not even hit their prime years yet. 

LEFT WINGERS

Jackie Neill (2050), 31 Years Old - Career:  As I predicted last year – sadly – Neill continued to show signs of regression, also due to injuries.  For the second year in a row, he failed to play in at least 30 Games and failed to register at least 20 Goals, something that was pretty much automatic for him over the past several years.  His numbers are still solid (24 Games, 14 Goals, 5 Assists, 5 PoMs, 2.30 TpG, 3.31 DpG, 55% Shot Target, and 7.32 AR), but his pace – one of the strongest part of his game – is starting to disappear, and his AR was the lowest it has been in 11 years.  I think the captain has one more decent season left in him, but I also believe the transition from star to rotational player needs to begin next season.  We have some good talent at the left wing position behind him in Ward and Babatunde, so I am not worried, but it is always sad when you start approaching the twilight of such an enjoyable career – no doubt, he has been an absolute legend.

Jermaine Ward (2057), 25 Years Old:  Neill’s natural replacement in the starting lineup, next season will be very telling for Ward.  He has all the tools you would want from your winger – now it is all about making them work together.  This season, he had some injury issues and was limited to 23 Games, registering 4 Goals, 6 Assists, 2.44 TpG, 2.72 DpG, and 7.02 AR.  Next season will be his 8th full season with the club, and it will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of living up to Neill down the left wing. 

Charles Babatunde (2059), 23 Years Old:  Babatunde was one of the surprises of the season – with both Neill and Ward out injured, I turned to the once afterthought to cover the wing.  He gave us some fantastic performances and never looked back – he has definitely earned himself the right to be part of the rotation.  Other than his exceptional pace, he might look like much, but he certainly played well – 15 Games, 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoMs, 3.88 DpG, 7.13 AR.  He might not be the person I want starting for me, but after years of being sent on loan and not given the opportunity to prove himself, Babatunde is now here to stay. 

RIGHT WINGERS

Nathan Dawson (2053), 28 Years Old - Career:  In terms of accolades, this was Dawson’s finest season yet – he was shortlisted for the World Golden Ball, came 3rd for the World Footballer of the Year, was named in the World Team of the Year, and won the Premier League’s Players’ Player of the Year award for the 3rd time.  In terms of personal awards, Dawson has become Kafra’s most decorated player ever – no one will beat out Friar’s Premier League Select call-ups, but Dawson has won and been voted for more awards than any other player in the club’s history.  For all that, it was only natural for him to be selected Kafra’s Player of the Year, and he had the numbers to back it up – 38 Games, 10 Goals, 20 Assists, 6 PoMs, 2.17 TpG, 5.82 DpG, 70% Shot Target, 7.69 AR.  He now has 216 Assists for his career, so it is completely plausible at his rate that we may see him register 300 Assists before his career is done – this was his 6th straight season of 20+ Assists.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Ali Al-Thagafi (2064), 17 Years Old:  Al-Thagafi showed so much promise during the season that he went from a 4/5 PA to a 5/5 PA, according to my coaching staff – even though he is young, he has beat out Barry Perry to replace Daniel Friar, with the legendary AM finally deciding to call it quits.  In his first full season with the club, Al-Thagafi played in 23 Games, registering 2 Goals, 3 Assists, 1.37 TpG, 80% Pass Ratio, and 7.15 AR.  He also featured heavily in the club’s European games, playing in 7 Games and registering 2 Goals, 3 Assists, and an impressive 7.47 AR.  My coaching staff love him, and while he will probably be a in a rotation with Jason Ziccardi for the next couple of seasons at the position, I do believe the young Lebanese is our future at AM.  Ali Al-Thagafi Training Levels

FORWARDS

Ken Duncan (2049), 32 Years Old – Career:  Injuries have a way of quickly bringing players down, and that is exactly what happened to Duncan just one season removed from one of the greatest seasons of all-time from any Kafra player – a season where he broke the Premier League record by scoring 45 Goals.  This year, he only managed to play in 25 Games, scoring 22 Goals and registering 5 Assists, 4 PoMs, and 7.40 AR, while his pace took a noticeable hit, as well.  I do believe he has one more top tier season left in him coming up, but Generation 2.0 (Duncan, Neill, Dawson, Watts, Friar) is starting to come to its end, led by Duncan, who will turn 33 during next season.  We were very lucky as a club to have had Duncan to replace the seemingly irreplaceable John Robertson, and Duncan was more than match to the Scotsman’s legacy.  Based on his ridiculous season last year, he was nominated as a substitute to the World Team of the Year, and came in 3rd in the World Golden Ball vote. 

HOT PROSPECTS

Aaron West (2061), 20 Years Old – Right Winger:  We will never know just how good West could have been – the broken leg he suffered put a hold on his progression and he remains the same player he was when he finally came back to football after 10 months out.  He didn’t play much this season, but with Ward focusing on the left wing starting next year, his playing time should see an uptick again.  Aaron West Training Levels

Lee Skidmore (2063), 18 Years Old – Striker:  He is injury-prone, but he has already proven he is more than capable of moments of brilliance on the pitch.  He played in 10 Games this season, scoring 8 Goals and registering 7.54 AR.  The good news is, he will have one more season to develop before being relied on, which his good for us, and I really hope he can keep up his level of improvement as he has shown great effort in training.  Lee Skidmore Training Levels

Liam Law (2063), 18 Years Old – Central Defender:  Whether my coaching staff like him or not (his 2/5 PA suggest the latter), I will be needing him soon, especially now that Watts has pushed past 30.  For what it’s worth, he showed decent progress in his attributes this season, and I continue to think he is better than the rating my coaching staff have given him.   Liam Law Training Levels

Jason Zaccardi (2064), 17 Years Old – Central Midfielder:  Everything about Ziccardi screams of star, and I really think this kid is going to be a World-Class midfielder by the time he is 24/25 years old.  He really put in the effort in training this season, showing stark improvement, and was rewarded with ample playing time – in 16 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 2.71 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, 1.30 DpG, and 7.10 AR.  He is going to be a hell of a player, and he will see even more playing time next season as Friar will be retiring.  Jason Ziccardi Training Levels

Sean Knight (2064), 17 Years Old – Striker:  Like Ken Duncan before him, the youngster has a great name that makes you think he is destined to be a star.  He certainly has the potential – my coaching staff have him rated at 4.5/5 PA, and he showed good improvement in training throughout the year, so that is encouraging.  The striker position will be a battle between himself and Skidmore if he can continue to grow as a player.  Sean Knight Training Levels

RETIRING

Daniel Friar (2045), CareerBiography:  I may be taking an unpopular route here, but Friar gets my vote as the greatest Kafra player of all-time.  For 21 years, he was a member of the starting line-up, and he has been part of all of our major titles.  Maybe I’m bias because I experienced his 2057/58 season first hand, when he dominated the rest of the league and carried us to our second title.  Whatever it is, I truly believe that Friar was the greatest player I have had this save, beating out Robertson and Hunter.  From 2052 to 2061 – 10 straight years – he was named in the Premier League Select, and was shortlisted for the World Golden Ball ten times.  Look at his numbers: 667 Games, 162 Goals, 223 Assists, 7.56 AR (it would be over 7.60 if we remove the last four years) – no one has given us that kind of consistency over such a long period of time.  What I remember most about him is he seemingly never had a bad game – he would always be one of our top performers.  He is also the only player to have been a vital member of both the Golden Generation and Generation 2.0, speaking volumes about his longevity.  Out of all my legends that have retired, Friar will easily be the one I will miss the most.  EDIT: I just noticed that Friar is retiring next season, lol.

YOUTH INTAKE

q6BUQ6.jpg

For the first time in twelve years, my top prospects in the Intake are defenders! This is much needed, and even though their 3/5 PA is amongst the lowest of any top prospects I’ve had recently, I still can’t wait to develop them and integrate them into the team.  They both look like they can take over the starting spots at their respective positions (left-back and CD), and with both Atkins and Watts about to hit 30, I need people to do that.  We might not have a world-class player on our hand this time around, but this is one Intake I am very excited about.

2065/66 PRESEASON REPORT

So this is it – officially the last season we can truly compete (hopefully) at a top level with Generation 2.0.  Jackie Neill is no longer looking up to the task of starting every game, and Duncan will turn 33 during the season.  Friar announced his retirement already, so he will be with us for only one more year, and he is already 36 years old.  Watts has pushed past the 30 year old threshold, while Dawson is 28 – the season after this, Friar will be gone, and neither Duncan or Neill will be full-time starters.  If they want to add to their legacies, this will be tie final year to do so, and honestly, it does not look that bad.  Our GK situation is in great shape, and our defensive line should be the healthiest it has been in years.  Awad and King are approaching the prime of their careers, and they have fantastic talent backing them up – same can be said for the wingers (with the exception of Neill).  Even though Duncan is getting up there in age, he should be the same contributor we have been used to the past 10 years.  This is it, Generation 2.0, your last chance!

nDwr4y.jpg

1XOLvF.jpg

KXcgey.jpg

Nice update, unfortunately not the most successful season in Kafra history, although certainly not bad. Nice to see that youth intake.

Clarke has a nice attribute distribution and height for a sober CB.  Seidu is already perceived with a Star higher rating by your ass man, thats promising.

Nice update, unfortunately not the most successful season in Kafra history, although certainly not bad. Nice to see that youth intake.

Clarke has a nice attribute distribution and height for a sober CB.  Seidu is already perceived with a Star higher rating by your ass man, thats promising.

Yes, it was a frustrating season, especially in the Champions League.

Clarke looks like he has a bit of potential, but both of have them have increased in their PA since I signed them, which is a good sign!

This is quite astonishing, one of the best things I've read and, as someone said above, very inspiring with a new game out soon.

I have one question that has probably been answered in the last 17 pages, but I didn't see it: how often do you get non-English players in a youth take? I see that there are plenty over the years who were English but clearly/presumably had dual nationality. Was this just random, or was there some correlation with your staff, feeder clubs, or anything like that?

2 hours ago, TheMakeleleRole said:

This is quite astonishing, one of the best things I've read and, as someone said above, very inspiring with a new game out soon.

I have one question that has probably been answered in the last 17 pages, but I didn't see it: how often do you get non-English players in a youth take? I see that there are plenty over the years who were English but clearly/presumably had dual nationality. Was this just random, or was there some correlation with your staff, feeder clubs, or anything like that?

Thank you for the very kind comment!

To answer your question, my manager's nationality is half Lebanese and half Ghanaian, so I tend to get one of each every couple of years, although they are always dual nationals (English being the second nationality).  I also seem to get quite a number of West Indian dual nationalities, especially when I was in the lower leagues.  Feeder clubs definitely play a role, as they will generally have one player come from the feeder clubs every year or two, although in this save, none of them have amounted to anything substantial.  Coaches do seem to affect it, as well - I have a couple of Brazilian coaches, and I have had two Brazilian players come through in the few 10-12 years.  So I would say the first and most prominent correlation is the Manager's nationality, followed by feeder club, followed by staff nationality.  I don't know if some of the other readers can second that, or if I have - probably - missed something.

Loving this, just caught up (again) progress being made with the semi finals of the Champions League but could really do with a top quality centre back to play alongside Watts, but that's the problems with Youth Intake I guess!

4 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

Loving this, just caught up (again) progress being made with the semi finals of the Champions League but could really do with a top quality centre back to play alongside Watts, but that's the problems with Youth Intake I guess!

Thanks! I really wish I had a capable CD - our defense is what's holding us back at this point, and unfortunately, the best offensive squad we have ever had to be paired with our worst defensive squad (talent-wise) since entering the Premier League. 

3 hours ago, numbas2 said:

Those young strikers look promising... I remember Duncan wasn't a favourite in his early years, maybe one or both of those guys will step up big time?

I think they are promising, although I am still not quite sure how they are going to develop.  And yes, it did take Duncan a number of years to get to the point he is today :)

Well, I started a game in FM15 but as you cannot create your own team I've just bought FM16 to give it a crack (call me mad as I know FM17 is out in about 6 weeks).

I've opted for Gainsborough Trinity in Vanarama North and replaced them (and all the players) with my own team.

Question for you here Abulezz please.  I was able to get rid of all the staff and recruit my own, but how did you get rid of all the players please? 

16 minutes ago, robbo1948 said:

Well, I started a game in FM15 but as you cannot create your own team I've just bought FM16 to give it a crack (call me mad as I know FM17 is out in about 6 weeks).

I've opted for Gainsborough Trinity in Vanarama North and replaced them (and all the players) with my own team.

Question for you here Abulezz please.  I was able to get rid of all the staff and recruit my own, but how did you get rid of all the players please? 

The first thing you need to do is click the option of Add Players to Playable Teams (or something like that) when creating the game.  Its under Advanced Options.

After I set up the manager, leagues, etc, I chose to replace Bath.  You then enter the new details of your club, and then it prompts you to a screen where you can remove/add players, even create-a-player.  What I did is that I removed everyone not on a youth contract.  I ended up getting a few actual youth players, but most of what remained were newgens. That's about it!

1 hour ago, abulezz said:

The first thing you need to do is click the option of Add Players to Playable Teams (or something like that) when creating the game.  Its under Advanced Options.

After I set up the manager, leagues, etc, I chose to replace Bath.  You then enter the new details of your club, and then it prompts you to a screen where you can remove/add players, even create-a-player.  What I did is that I removed everyone not on a youth contract.  I ended up getting a few actual youth players, but most of what remained were newgens. That's about it!

Done thanks for your advice.  The only issue I have now (even though add players option was ticked) is that I only have 10 contracted players and the rest are the 'greyed out' single figure players - have i missed something??

Edited by robbo1948
updated
2 hours ago, robbo1948 said:

Done thanks for your advice.  The only issue I have now (even though add players option was ticked) is that I only have 10 contracted players and the rest are the 'greyed out' single figure players - have i missed something??

I had a small team to start out with, as well.  Once the first Intake comes, I signed everyone.  My advice is maybe is keep everyone under the age of 21 on the team.

3 hours ago, robbo1948 said:

You can also create a few players, albeit they wouldn't be very good.

We faced the team we obliterated in the Quarter-Finals last year - Monaco.  The home leg ended 4-3 for us - obviously, I wasn't ecstatic about conceding 3 away goals. Makes things more difficult in France.  How about Turki Awad, though, huh!?

Fdu8XS.jpg

6 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Next year is the year. If not, then next next year. Or next next next year. :D

LOL - I was kind of expecting it this year.  Neill and Duncan are having amazing seasons, but the team is not complete.  We are strong in some places, but overwhelming weak at almost all our defensive positions. 

If you still haven't won the champions league right before FM 17 is due out i think you should go out in a blaze of glory and blow all the money you've stockpiled and have one last crack of it and retire at the end of that season.

If i remember right you have like £600m cash and £300m budget so if the game actually carried on after you move on to the new game you would be leaving your replacement with £300m in the bank still which isn't too shabby.

Hope you do it the youth way though, still time for it to happen.

I don't, I think it'd be pointless. He's been honest (I hope!) throughout the thread and I'd rather him say that he never won the CL then simply buy it on a youth challenge. 

He could've easily saved/restarted in order to win, I dont think it's that much of an issue.

9 hours ago, numbas2 said:

GET IN!!! :D

This was special as it was Friar's last season - he gets to go out saying he is a four time Premier League champion.  I think this solidifies his status as our greatest of all-time.

8 hours ago, MichaelBrown said:

Duncan doing the buisiness again, although it upsets me that there's still no CL trophies in the cabinet :(

Yes he did, despite a major drop in his pace.  No CL is upsetting, although I never really had the expectation for it this year.

8 hours ago, Torminator said:

Congratulations! :applause: How was the youth intake this year?

It wasn't bad - my top prospects were an AM who will be retrained to play right winger and a striker. 

2 hours ago, SounessTash said:

If you still haven't won the champions league right before FM 17 is due out i think you should go out in a blaze of glory and blow all the money you've stockpiled and have one last crack of it and retire at the end of that season.

If i remember right you have like £600m cash and £300m budget so if the game actually carried on after you move on to the new game you would be leaving your replacement with £300m in the bank still which isn't too shabby.

Hope you do it the youth way though, still time for it to happen.

HA! As tempting as that is, I don't think I'll do that - gotta win it the right way! Yes, there is £300m in the kitty still!

24 minutes ago, MichaelBrown said:

I don't, I think it'd be pointless. He's been honest (I hope!) throughout the thread and I'd rather him say that he never won the CL then simply buy it on a youth challenge. 

He could've easily saved/restarted in order to win, I dont think it's that much of an issue.

Yes, I agree - its gonna be a youth challenge all the way through and if it doesn't happen in FM16, gonna have another crack at it in FM17.  As for the honest part, yes, lol, I've been honest all the way through - no save/restarts despite the utter frustrations I had to go through some games, it would've taken all the fun and excitement out of the actual accomplisments!

So I was going through some of my old players, and decided to give our old left wing legend a crack at being our new HOYD! So without further ado, let me re-introduce the Kafra legend that will be responsible for our last batch of Intakes in this save!  For some reason, it really makes me happy bringing Miller home!

PrPMij.jpg

YtmLg2.jpg

I was just thinking about the headines if all this was real life. Decades of not spending then bam, the footballing world would be in shock. No one could fault you either as its money you've made the club, actually you literally made the club, haha. I am on some powerful medication tonight so sorry if im not making too much sense. :D

I love getting ex players as staff, hope Miller does well for you.

12 minutes ago, SounessTash said:

I was just thinking about the headines if all this was real life. Decades of not spending then bam, the footballing world would be in shock. No one could fault you either as its money you've made the club, actually you literally made the club, haha. I am on some powerful medication tonight so sorry if im not making too much sense. :D

I love getting ex players as staff, hope Miller does well for you.

Haha, no doubt it would be a hell of a season.  Just deciding it to shell out £300m buying the best players at every problem position - oh man! Yes, I am super excited to see what kind of players Miller is gonna get for me!

Let's go for another run, for Kafra!! I feel like a supporter of this club by now, I would really like you to start another one on FM17, my best series this year on any forum!

Friar got the perfect send off, what a legend!

Edited by BillHoudini24
23 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

Let's go for another run, for Kafra!! I feel like a supporter of this club by now, I would really like you to start another one on FM17, my best series this year on any forum!

Friar got the perfect send out, what a legend!

Definitely - I have never been so attached to a club or players in any FM save prior to this!  There will definitely be a the same save with Kafra in FM17! Friar got the sending off he deserved, after 22 great seasons with the club.

Update should come later today.

SEASON REVIEW 2065/66

Generation 2.0 decided to go out with a bang, and they just that by winning Kafra’s 4th ever Premier League title.  We were the 2nd best offensive team, and the 3rd best defensive team, but overall, no one played better football over 38 games this season than we did.  Duncan and Neill might have retired yet, but this was definitely the last season they had a chance to really cement their legacy, and they did not back down from the challenge.  The former won his 3rd Top Goalscorer award, while the latter – who had all but been ruled out as permanent starter after 2 injury-riddled and below average seasons – showed what a heart of a champion truly meant by delivering us his finest season of his career.  We had the league wrapped up with a few games to spare, despite our Second Round knockout in the Champions League, this was definitely a successful season.

Acdxi7.jpg

MlVuuj.jpg

flINmd.jpg

pdJ4hr.jpg

cK4MR8.jpg

lJ1GnA.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Dale Guest (2062), 20 Years Old:  This was Guest’s finest season to date, and the second time he has manned the posts for a Premier League winning title squad.  In 36 Games, he registered 1.11 Con/90, 12 Clean Sheets, and 7.11 AR, easily the highest of his career.  His improvement in his attributes has been outstanding, and I would personally already classify him as a World-Class GK.  He is probably one of our most talented players, and has easily become one of our most important.  He adds to so much confidence to the backline, and rarely makes that annoying mistake that costs us points – the last time I remember him doing that was in the CL Semi-Finals last season against Wolfsburg.  He has become one of my favorite players – and he just turned 20!  Dale Guest Training Levels

LEFT DEFENDERS

Martin Atkins (2053), 29 Years Old - Career:  Ruled out for four months with a slipped disc, Atkins only played in 23 Games, registering 3 Goals, 7.73 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.66 DpG, and a career-high 7.21 AR in what was – before the injury – his finest season of his career.  It was unfortunate that he had such a serious injury as it came at a crucial time at the end of January, leaving us heavily exposed down the left flank with only 17 year old Owusu Seidu to cover – the youngster might become a fine PL player in due time, but he is definitely not there yet.  Atkins proved to be quite a contributor to a decent defensive record, as we definitely missed him once he was out.  Now in the prime of his career, I hope the injury doesn’t affect his form too much going into next season. 

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

George Watts (2051), 31 Years Old, Career:  The greatest ever defender in Kafra’s history had one of his finest seasons, winning the his 4th Premier League title (3rd as an important member of the first team) and getting named in his 5th Premier League Select team.  There was no questioning his greatness – 35 Games, 2 PoMs, 5.89 TpG, 44 Key Tackles (3rd in PL), 141 Key Headers (3rd in PL), 665 Interceptions (Best in PL), and 7.42 AR, the second highest of his career.  As Watts goes, so goes our defense – if he is on form and playing, then our defense performs, as witnessed by our efforts this year that had us as the 3rd Best defensive team in the league.  Watts is potentially the most influential player on the team in the respect that if he is not playing, he is probably the player we end up missing most.  He is the reason our defense is respectable and strong as opposed to mediocre – sadly, he probably only has 2-3 more years at the top level left, and we don’t have a replacement for him.

Anthony Dobson (2060), 22 Years Old:  A player that should have been no more than an afterthought and then perhaps a starter for a team in League 2 is now a two time Premier League champion as a starter.  Not only that, but he has worked so hard over the past few years that he has actually turned into a decent Premier League-level player, and he gave us his finest season to date this year.  In 31 Games, he registered 3.12 TpG and a career-high 7.03 AR, successfully continuing down the route to be the club’s next Nathaniel Weston – a complete overachiever that ended up being a PL champion and starter for several years. 

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Oliver Meyers (2055), 27 Years Old - Career:  This is the second Premier League title Meyers has won with Kafra as a starter, and he deserved a medal this season, giving us consistent, reliable, and solid form throughout the year.  In 32 Games, he registered 4.03 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, and 7.03 AR, supporting Watts brilliantly as a calm and experienced head in the back-line.  We have been lucky to have three RBs in a row that have been of quality standard, and all England international – Mikele Burton (whom Meyers is very similar to), Matthew Johnson (probably our greatest RB of all-time talent-wise), and now Oliver Meyers.  As of now, Meyers has no capable prospect to take over for him once he is done, but thankfully that is atleast 5-6 years away, so no need to worry about that now.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Lee King (2057), 25 Years Old:  He is now worth £45m and is probably one of the most talented CMs in the world – he definitely is in England, at least.  He delivered another fantastic season for us – 31 Games, 5 Assists, 3.23 TpG, 1.44 DpG, and a career-high 7.45 AR.  You cannot have anything to complain about with those kind of numbers, especially the way he seems to dictate the flow of the game in the middle of the pitch.  Out of our two brilliant CMs, while Awad is the more talented of the two, King is definitely more of a leader, and while Awad is more capable of the extraordinary, it is King who seems to have a bigger overall influence on the game itself.  He is the perfect CM for us and our style of play, and he makes the wingers’ lives so much easier thanks to his ability to get them on the run, which I have noticed several times during the key highlights.  Overall, I think when it is all said and done, the only one that can compete for him for greatest CM in Kafra’s history would be his teammate, Turki Awad.

Turki Awad (2058), 25 Years Old:  Like King, Awad is already considered a World-Class player, and the England international had probably his finest season to date this year.  In 37 Games, he registered 5 Assists, 3.74 TpG, 74% Pass Ratio, 1.15 DpG, and 7.42 AR – very similar numbers to his teammate in the middle of the pitch.  He is now valued at £40m, and is probably one of the most talented defensive-minded midfielders in the world.  It is difficult to pinpoint a fault in his game, and more so than King, he is capable of some spectacular games.  There are games where Awad just completely takes over, and with each passing season they seem to be getting more and more frequent.  I can’t wait to see the type of seasons he is going to give me over the next 4-5 years.

LEFT WINGERS

Jackie Neill (2050), 32 Years Old - Career:  Shame on me for underestimating the greatness and heart of our captain – he came back after two injury-riddled and disappointing seasons to give us the greatest year of his career, at the age of 32.  I honestly thought he was done, and that he was now entering the twilight of his career coming into 65/66, but Neill proved to me and everyone just how great he is.  His season was cut short by a spine injury that ruled him out of the last two months of the season, but in 30 Games, he registered 25 Goals, 7 Assists, 7 PoMs, 2.01 TpG, 3.40 DpG, 65% Shot Target, and a career-high 7.80 AR.  Without him, winning our 4th Premier League title would not have been possible – at his best, I don’t think we have ever had a more influential player on the pitch than Neill.  His decline is imminent, but it did not come this season.

Jermaine Ward (2057), 26 Years Old:  With Neill having a revival, Ward did not take over down the left wing the way I initially expected, but he was still an important piece of the rotation nonetheless, and he still gave us his best season to date.  In 24 Games, he registered 8 Goals, 10 Assists, 3 PoMs, 3.06 DpG, and a career-high 7.36 AR, filling in magnificently for us at both wing positions.  Inevitably, he has to take over the starting position from Neill, although I will not make the mistake of underestimating our captain again! This was Ward’s 9th full season with us, and despite the fact that he is not yet a full-time starter for us, he has a very rich contract of £230k a week, which given how he performs when either Dawson or Neill are out or need rest, I think he deserves. 

RIGHT WINGERS

Nathan Dawson (2053), 28 Years Old - Career:  For the second time in his career, he broke the Premier League assists record – something he did five years ago.  This guy handed out more assists this year (39) than any striker scored in any league! Simply put, Dawson was incredible – again – and the accolades keep coming in for Kafra’s most decorated player: Players’ Player of the Year for the 4th time, World Team of the Year for the 2nd time, World Golden Ball Runner-Up, Best Player in Europe Runner-Up, and Kafra Player of the Year for the 4th time.  He now has 255 Assists for his career – just 45 Assists short of that magical, never before seen (at least by me) 300 career Assists mark.  As for this season, he played in 38 Games, registering 7 Goals, 39 Assists (PL Record), 4 PoMs, 5.88 DpG, 55% Shot Target, and 7.79 AR, which brings his career mark to 7.56 AR.  At this point, he has won a lot more awards than any other player in Kafra’s history, as he has been a very unique player and probably the greatest right winger in the world in his generation.   

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Ali Al-Thagafi (2064), 18 Years Old:  With Friar sticking around for one more season, Al-Thagafi had one more year to learn what he can before he gets thrown to the wolves – next year, he will be our starter at the position.  This year, in 23 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 1.51 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, and 6.98 AR, a little bit of a drop from his debut full season but still respectable enough.  My coaching staff still have him at 5/5 PA, so that is encouraging, although I would have like to see slightly more improvements in his attributes over the course of the season.  He has all the right tools to become potentially World-Class, so his progress will be monitored closely.  Ali Al-Thagafi Training Levels

FORWARDS

Ken Duncan (2049), 33 Years Old – Career:  A huge drop-off in his pace did nothing to slow the form of our legendary striker, as he finished the season as the Premier League’s Top Goalscorer for the 3rd time in his career, notching 33 Goals to go with 3 Assists, 4 PoMs, and 7.57 AR.  He overcame an injury-plagued season last year to give us one more fantastic year, winning his 4th Premier League title and giving Generation 2.0 a grand farewell.  Honestly, he has to be considered Robertson’s equal at this point – I would never say he is better, but at least his equal.  This season, it was because of Duncan, Neill, Dawson, and Watts – the core members of Generation 2.0 – that won the PL title for us, fittingly enough, and England’s most dangerous weapon over the past 10 years (92 Caps/88 Goals) was named to his 6th Premier League Select team, as well as shortlisted for the World Golden Ball and named as a substitute in the World Team of the Year.   

HOT PROSPECTS

Lee Skidmore (2063), 19 Years Old – Striker:  Incredibly, Skidmore is now valued at over £15m, so he must be a pretty popular prospect.  My coaching staff have cooled off on him a bit (3/5 PA), and his proneness for injury has been very prevalent during his first few years with the club, but he definitely has the right skill-set.  He played in 11 Games this season, scoring 4 Goals and registering 3 Assists and 7.17 AR – he seems to have a knack for scoring important goals.  Hopefully his development will pick up enough that my coaching staff raise his PA a bit.  Lee Skidmore Training Levels

Jason Zaccardi (2064), 18 Years Old – Central Midfielder:  Man, this kid looks good.  I am enamored with his skill-set, and I really think he is well on his way to becoming our latest World-Class product.  In 20 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3.59 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, and 7.25 AR – both his full seasons with the club, despite his age, have resulted in 7.00+ AR.  His improvements in his attributes were outstanding – if he keeps it up for the next 2-3 seasons, he will be where I think he will be sooner than I thought.   Jason Ziccardi Training Levels

Sean Knight (2064), 18 Years Old – Striker:  Finding playing time for him behind Duncan and Skidmore proved to be very difficult, but it doesn’t look like it hampered his development.  He is still considered 4/5 PA by my staff, and he showed enough progress in training this season to warrant that.  Obviously, as Duncan ages, the opportunities will open up for Knight – the race to replace Duncan in the starting lineup is by no means over, so he will get every opportunity to challenge Skidmore for that honor.  Sean Knight Training Levels

Owusu Seidu (2065), 17 Years Old – Striker: He had an opportunity to play a lot in his first full season with the club thanks to the injury to Atkins, and overall, he did not do so bad.  In 12 Games, he registered 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 4.40 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, 1.19 DpG, and 6.98 AR – those are very decent numbers for someone playing in such a historical difficult position for us.  My coaching staff are high on him, and I definitely think he has a lot of potential.   Owusu Seidu Training Levels

Andre Clarke (2065), 17 Years Old – Central Defender:  In the limited playing time he was given, he was very impressive (7.32 AR in 6 Games).  Incidentally, the media have suggested that he could be the next George Watts! If that is true, I definitely would have no complaints!  His physical traits are underdeveloped and he is always going to be lacking in pace, but if he can improve enough in other necessary skills, he could be a contributor for us yet.  Andre Clarke Training Levels

RETIRING

Daniel Friar (2045), CareerBiography:  Please see last season’s report.  

YOUTH INTAKE

OGYZqp.jpg

We got the defensive prospects I was looking (sort of) last season, and even though I would have loved more this year, I am content with how this Intake turned out.  Hibbert looks like he could be quite a decent right winger – something we in need of since West broke his leg and lost his potential.  Taylor will join Knight and Skidmore in the fight for playing time up front, but the obvious star of this Intake is Hibbert.

2066/67 PRESEASON REPORT

This will be our first season where our success will not be reliant on the performance of the Generation 2.0 players, but rather on the King, Awad, Guest, and the other young potential stars we have in the squad.  Obviously, our older players will start have to play an important part of any success we hope to have, but it is time for the Final Generation (before FM17!) to show us what they are made of.  Our GK situation is in the best state it has ever been, our defensive line is relatively healthy with some decent prospects coming up, we have fantastic players in the middle of the pitch and our winger situation is led by Dawson.  We have some questions marks up front with Duncan turning 34 this year, and I am not convinced about any of our prospects ability to lead the line the way I want.  Let’s see what this season holds.

dNQB0f.jpg

yfpCIp.jpg

ArXkYO.jpg

Wow, great season mate! Seidu is developing very well. 

I love this years youth intake. Both players will be world class players for sure. The Mental attributes of Hibbert are insane and Taylor will become one hell of a poacher.

Why is the biography of Friar so bugged? It double counts all the titles and states he returned to the club at some point but did he even leave?

Shame about this current generation starting to fade, but looks like your squad is going to be pretty well covered in all areas in a couple of years... which I'm not sure has ever happened. I think that's something to be very optimistic about and might just be what's missing for the Champions League trophy.

The LB looks brilliant and will replace Atkins easily (who, stats wise, isn't that good imo.) Clarke could be good, although I'd love to see a monster CB come through and replace Dobson.  You have two world class midfielders in the ranks, with two other midfielders who're potentially world beaters as well. It's a shame Hibbert has came through now - I can't see him taking any position in CM/AM, will moving him to RM stifle his growth? Who knows, but it's definitely necessary considering Dawson has, realistically, 3/4 years at the top. I just hope that one of the strikers grabs the opportunity and really pushes on. Unfortunately, Skidmore looks like the new Pond but that'll be handy I guess. I would back Knight to become #1 because he's shown a lot of improvement and I like that.

Overall, I would say that this group of  players is, in the next 4/5 years (Guest, Seidu, Clarke, King, Awad, Ziccardi, Al-Thagafi, Knight) will be one of the best groups you've ever had and will have the best chance of winning the CL. 

5 hours ago, Torminator said:

Wow, great season mate! Seidu is developing very well. 

I love this years youth intake. Both players will be world class players for sure. The Mental attributes of Hibbert are insane and Taylor will become one hell of a poacher.

Why is the biography of Friar so bugged? It double counts all the titles and states he returned to the club at some point but did he even leave?

Seidu is starting to come along, although I worry about his Defensive attributes a bit.  Hibbert's PA has picked up, but Taylor is still the same - I like Hibbert a lot.

I don't know why Friar's bio is so bugged, it happened to a number of retiring players where it double counted everything he had won!

Thanks for the comment and following the save!

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Shame about this current generation starting to fade, but looks like your squad is going to be pretty well covered in all areas in a couple of years... which I'm not sure has ever happened. I think that's something to be very optimistic about and might just be what's missing for the Champions League trophy.

I would say that Generation 2.0 was just about equal to the Golden Generation (2 PL titles each), although the Golden Generation made the CL Finals, something which Duncan, Neill, and Co. never accomplished as the leaders of their squad.  As for the current generation (The Last Generation, as I'm calling them), we have great CM and GK talent, but at every other position, we are inferior to the previous two generations!

Thank you for the comment!

1 hour ago, MichaelBrown said:

The LB looks brilliant and will replace Atkins easily (who, stats wise, isn't that good imo.) Clarke could be good, although I'd love to see a monster CB come through and replace Dobson.  You have two world class midfielders in the ranks, with two other midfielders who're potentially world beaters as well. It's a shame Hibbert has came through now - I can't see him taking any position in CM/AM, will moving him to RM stifle his growth? Who knows, but it's definitely necessary considering Dawson has, realistically, 3/4 years at the top. I just hope that one of the strikers grabs the opportunity and really pushes on. Unfortunately, Skidmore looks like the new Pond but that'll be handy I guess. I would back Knight to become #1 because he's shown a lot of improvement and I like that.

Overall, I would say that this group of  players is, in the next 4/5 years (Guest, Seidu, Clarke, King, Awad, Ziccardi, Al-Thagafi, Knight) will be one of the best groups you've ever had and will have the best chance of winning the CL. 

I really hope Seidu will be an improvement over Atkins, but I don't see him matching Isasi, though! As for CD, with Watts being 32 by the end of the season, we are screwed because right now our second best CD is Dobson. Like I said above, other than the CM and GK positions, in 4-5 years time, we will be inferior to the prior two generations in every position (RB, RW, LW, AM, FW) unless we get a star to come through the Academy. I will definitely retrain Hibbert to RW, as there is no space for another AM and I need someone to replace Dawson.  You are right, it is looking like Knight might end up winning the race to replace Duncan, but you never know. 

Thanks for the comment!