[FM16] Kafra FC - All Youth in England

Champions League 2nd Round vs. Clermont (2nd Leg): This was an absolutely outrageous game - 10 goals in the first half, 13 overall, 8 scored by us! The first leg ended 2-2 in France, so we had a pretty good advantage (I thought) in terms of away goals. Of course, all that meant nothing, but the most important thing is that for the second year in a row, we push on to the Quarter-Finals!

etldMp.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions League Quarter-Finals vs. Paris Saint-Germain - 1st Leg: We faced, and defeated, the Ligue 1's premier team over the past 10 years, but now we face its most storied and successful team this century. On top of that, PSG are defending CL champions, having defeated Man City in Wembley last year for their first ever CL title. This is a team steeped in history, with some of the finest players this century donning the famous blue shirt of PSG. Their GK is aging former Argentina No.1 Mariano Zuccolilli, who has won 115 Caps for his country. Their backline consists of four strong players at their position, if not spectacular, with the best of the bunch being 29 year old French CD Bamody Bagayoko, who is valued at £44m. Although they don't have anyone of Isasi's talent, they are definitely better in the middle of the defensive line than we are. In the midfield, they feature the CL's Best Player last year in Dudu Levi, a late bloomer turned world superstar in 26 year old left winger Adrian Faure, World Team of the Year selection Ruben Cid, and the versatile Pasquale Patrone, who was bought from Bayern for £44.5m. In other words, their midfield is probably amongst the best in the world its so good. Up front they have two legends - Swiss superstar and one of the finest players in the world over the past ten year Bernhard Benoit and Mexican Gonzalo Ayala, who was part of the strikeforce with Arsenal legend Ivan Reyes who led Mexico to the Finals of the 2046 World Cup. This is definitely a very good team.

BEf14L.jpg

This was a big one - one of the biggest results in the history of the club. Robertson hit a brace for us, but once again, Daniel Friar came up big when it mattered most. His legend continues to grow, and this will only add to it. This puts us in a fantastic position to advance to the Semi-Finals for the CL for the first time in club history.

7XXijK.jpg

We did it! Tough game at home, and Akil Joseph came up big with a penalty, but the match was effectively over when Duncan (who came on at half-time for an injured Robertson) scored and thus made PSG have to score 3 more goals to win. Bring on the Semi-Finals!

etqEN8.jpg

Champions League Semi-Finals vs. Gelsenkirchen: The German team has gotten to the Finals of the Champions League twice - 2031 and 2045 - losing the last time around but winning it 22 years ago. They have been one of the top Bundesliga teams the past 10-15 years, winning the league four times in the 2040s, including 3 years in a row between 2044 and 2046. Last season, they finished in 2nd Place and this season they have been a bit disappointing, finding themselves in 5th Place, although they did manage to defeat league leaders Dortmund in the Quarter-Finals of the CL. Their star power is up front - Vedran Djukic and Christoph Bierlein are both amongst Germany's top strikers, with the latter having been named the World Cup's Best Player after leading his nation to the title in 2046. Their Uruguayan GK Gonzalo Moreira in 29 years old, in the prime of his career, and easily one of the finest in the world, while their defensive line is lead by there two fullbacks - Tino Huke (£48m) and Egyptian Hany Ali (£26m) - much like Kafra. Although nothing special, their midfield is competent and will get the job done - the strength of this team, as mentioned above, is in their forward line.

m075WP.jpg

Wow - we conceded two goals inside the first 15 minutes, and at one point late in the match we were down 4-1 with one more goal putting us out. Thankfully, that goal was scored by us by way of our young left winger Jackie Neill, and despite almost seeing our exit, we are on our way to Cardiff to face Man City, who defeating Sporting in the other Semi-Finals.

0jHa1A.jpg

Champions League Finals vs. Man City: This is probably the most complete team on the planet - they just dethroned us for the Premier League title and they are heavy favorites to win this one. They have the best player in the planet, bar none, in George Bong - the French striker has had one of the most impressive three year peak I have ever seen (97 Appearances, 87 Goals, 78 Assists, 38 PoMs, 8.34 AR), so it is no surprise that he is the World Golden Ball winner for the third consecutive year now. Ilja Maslove, who plays right behind Bong, was the Premier League Top Goalscorer with 41 Goals - the first time the 40 Goal mark had been eclipsed since - you guessed it - George Bong scored 48 Goals in the 2047/48 season. Their weak spot, if they have any, might be their GK, but he is protected by a solid back-line and world class DM in Argentinean Ramiro Martin. The three man midfield also features two world class midfielders in Gustavo Perez and Danquine Samassi, who might be the most talented player to ever come out of Mali. Last year's beaten Finalists, they will be seeking their 6th title in their 14th Finals Appearance.

j3mIjf.jpg

Damn shame. Incredible run though.

Tell me about it - we took out some real big heavyweights on the way to the Finals, but this Man City squad just keeps getting better and better, and Bong is an absolute terror.

Just caught up with this - the winger looks a real talent! Unfortunate on your CL final loss though - it has to come next year I reckon
Sorry to hear about the CL final. Good run though! Great home games.

It was quite a run - we beat some real giants, but this was the year of Man City. They beat us for the Premier League title too, so we only had an one year title reign :(

SEASON REVIEW 2053/54

KAFRA: My assumption going into this season as defending champions was that Man City had an off-year and would be our biggest hurdle in reclaiming the title. I was proven right, as Man City not only unseated us as Premier League champions, but also defeated us in the Champions League Finals to cap off their historic season, of which they seem to have plenty of. We ended up in 3rd Place, which I believe was a fair finish, although I still think we were the second best team in the Premier League this season. Defensively, we were better than last year – we tightened up a bit and a couple of our defenders had career years. Joseph’s form was a bit better, as well, and right back Johnson was a revelation. Our midfield was again solid, and our wing play was how it has been the past decade – dangerous and active. Up front, Friar and Robertson, despite his injuries, got the job done in a big way – we would be looking at a title winning team year upon year if it wasn’t for Man City at this point. Our advancement to the Champions League Finals was as exciting as they came for us – we beat the two best French teams of the past 20 years, but again, Man City were the ones to deny us our very first CL title. Revenge will most definitely be on the cards next year!

PREMIER LEAGUE: Our Premier League title reign lasted one year, and then we had to give up to the ridiculously talented Man City as we finished in 3rd Place. They won all the awards, as usual – George Bong (Career) continues to put up crazy FM numbers enroute to his 3rd consecutive Footballer of the Year award, url=http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5505/lZAGu7.jpg]Ija Maslov[/url] scored 41 Goals to win the Top Goalscorer award, and Peer Kuhne won his second Player’s Player of the Year award. Arsenal came in second as they were led by their now legendary talisman Miguel Morales, with Serbian winger Mirjan Ivic also having a great season. Kafra came in 3rd Place, and Tottenham – led by Croatian winger Branko Muzek – grabbed the last CL spot with their 4th Place finish.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: It was an all-English affair in Cardiff, as Man City won its 6th CL title at the expense of first time participants Kafra, who would be proud of getting to the Finals in any case. Kafra defeated defending champions Paris Saint-Germain, whose winger Adrian Faure won the Best Player award thanks to his outstanding form, in the Quarter-Finals before desposing of German giants Gelsenkirchen in the Semi-Finals. The champions, who were led by George Bong, defeated surprising Sporting – led by the aging by legendary Colombian Orlando Chacon - in the Semi-Finals and Dortmund, whose striker and former World Footballer of the Year Nunes won the Top Goalscorer award with 10 Goals, in the Quarter-Finals. Champions League Knockout Rounds - Champions League Past Winners

LP3JtO.jpg

AVwvrJ.jpg

B7ZhnN.jpg

IObgYS.jpg

B590iI.jpg

jiJDRm.jpg

QrDgC9.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Akil Joseph (2041), 29 Years Old – Career: Our defense was slightly better this year than last (4th as opposed to 6th Best defensive team), and Joseph contributed towards by improving his form slightly, as well. He did start the season injured, so he only played a total of 31 Games, registering 1.32 Con/90, 5 Clean Sheets, and 7.00 AR, which was the second highest of his career. He was England’s No.1 at the Russia 2054 as they were beaten by Brazil in the Second Round of the World Cup competition, but it was further validation that he is currently the best English GK out there today.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Gary Isasi (2043), 27 Years Old – Career: His attributes just keep getting better and better, but I cannot shake off this nagging feeling that he should be giving us better form. In 37 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 6.46 TpG, 1.10 DpG, and 7.22 AR – these are fine numbers, but I really believe his AR should be 7.50+ because he has that kind of that talent. In the game today, I have not seen a more complete full-back than Isasi – hopefully, now that he has entered the presumed prime of his career, he can give us a few seasons closer to my expectation. Nevertheless, his brilliance cannot be questioned, and I appreciate the fact that I have a world-class left back on my squad.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Tim Abel (2041), 29 Years Old – Career: Despite losing the title and coming in 3rd Place, Abel gave us his finest season yet. Playing in all 38 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3.59 TpG, and a career-high 7.22 AR that brought his career average to 7.03 AR. This was the 13th year of Abel being a starter for the club, and he surely has to go down as one of our greatest CD of all-time – certainly not by talent, but by contribution to the club’s cause. He has a few more seasons in him yet, and by the end of it all, he will be an absolute club legend. He has given us solid form and stability at the position for years upon years now, and this season was no different.

Nathaniel Weston (2044), 26 Years Old: The slightly younger version of Tim Abel, Weston also gave us perhaps his finest season this year, as well. In 36 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3.20 TpG, and a career-high 7.10 AR – it seems everything Abel does, Weston does as well, if only slightly worse. Still, like Abel, he has given us stability at the position for years now, which is not bad considering he was supposed to be a temporary solution at CD. Instead, he flourished and he improved, and it reached a point where I stopped worrying about him in the starting lineup and he proceeded to even become an England international. Can there be better at the position talent-wise? Of course. Is it vital? No – we won the Premier League last season and have been challenging for the title the past few years with him as our starter, so there are no worries there.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Matthew Johnson (2043), 27 Years Old – Career: Our starting right back had a great season – not only did he have the best year of his career, but he fought his way back into the England lineup, and was part of the team that made it to the Second Round of the World Cup before losing to Brazil. In 37 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 5.85 TpG, 74% Pass Ratio, 1.60 DpG, and a career-high 7.39 AR, as he continued to justify my decision of making him our full-time starter at the position. He outperformed everyone in our defensive backline, including his presumably more talented fullback colleague, Gary Isasi. He has always been one of my favorite players on the team – you just feel like his motor never stops running. Part of the famed ’43 Youth Class (Johnson, Isasi, Bailey) which produced 3 England starters, he is just now entering his peak, so I expect even better things from him.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Matty York (2037), 33 Years Old – Career: This was the first season that I could no longer justify having York as a candidate for the starting positions, so naturally his playing time decreased and he was not happy about it. I can sort of understand where he is coming from, because there has not been any decrease in his form – in his 18 Games, he registered 4.11 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, 1.11 DpG, and 7.20 AR. These are numbers that he has been putting up throughout his career, and this season was no different. Also, he has not had much of a decline in his attributes – naturally his speed and physical attributes have been in a decline, but not as much as you would expect. Still, Medaglia and Bailey have become superior footballers, and the club legend will have to deal with his new reality as he enters the twilight of his career.

Luis Medaglia (2040), 30 Years Old - Career: The debate over who is Kafra’s greatest CM of all-time is between Medaglia and York, and it generally is a 50/50 thing. The Costa Rican, who participated with his nation at the World Cup in Russia this summer – getting knocked out in the Group Stages – was again an instrumental piece for us in the middle of the pitch. In 32 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 4.08 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, 1.60 DpG, and 7.25 AR – the same type of numbers that York puts up. You will not find Medaglia making too many mistakes, and his primary strengths are his defensive abilities and his vision. It has been three whole seasons since he has scored a league goal for us, but then again, that is not what is asked from him. He remains a crucial member of the team, and the leader our midfield.

Billy Bailey (2043), 27 Years Old - Career: I think Bailey might be the only player I have ever had in any FM game that got a whole lot better AFTER a career-threatening injury! In the two seasons since after breaking his leg and tearing both his calf muscle and knee ligaments, he has given us a 7.37 AR as compared to his 7.06 AR for his career. This season, he played in 33 Games, registering 3 Goals, career-high 8 Assists, 4.15 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, and 7.32 AR. At 27 years old, he is not retaining the lost pace or physical abilities, but that has not seemed to matter much as he has adjusted his game for the better, and has become an important member of the England national team as well. You have to hand it to the kid – his resolve to come back after those injuries and fight his way into the starting lineup, as well as be a big part of last year’s title win, is inspirational. I really hope the peak of his career goes smoothly without any further injuries – he deserves that.

Bright Hagan (2048), 22 Years Old: His playing time has dwindled over the past couple of seasons, but the reality is, he is going to be the our cover for the CM positions as York’s career winds down. It might not happen this season, but it will happen soon, and I cannot afford to lose Hagan because we don’t have any midfield prospects coming up that will be better than him. He only played in 9 Games this season, but he scored 2 Goals and registered a 7.06 AR, so he is capable of filling in with decent form when needed.

LEFT WINGERS

Jackie Neill (2050), 20 Years Old: It feels weird writing the left winger entry and not writing about Louis Miller, but the youngster has done a good job of filling those very big shoes so far in his career. This was his second full season as a starter since being retrained, and he did not disappoint – in a full 38 Games, he registered 9 Goals, 11 Assists, 2.74 TpG, 2.35 DpG, and 7.19 AR. Those are numbers Miller can be proud of, and numbers we did not expect considering he knew absolutely nothing about the position when we started his re-training a few years ago. Despite his impressive numbers, you still get the feeling he is still figuring things out, which is good news. I have noticed that he seems to always come up big in the crucial matches – overall, I am really excited about his development and would love to see what he could potentially be doing a few years from now. Jackie Neill Training Levels

RIGHT WINGERS

Stephen Hunter (2040), 31 Years Old – Career: Saying Hunter had the greatest season of his career is saying something, because he has had a lot of great seasons. This one, however, eclipsed them all – 34 Games, 18 Goals, 23 Assists, 11 PoMs, 1.74 TpG, 6.26 DpG, 55% Shot Target, and 7.95 AR. How do you top that? He was named to his third Premier League Select team, and won the Kafra Player of the Year for the 6th time, second only to Shane Forde. I remember re-training him to become a right winger (his natural position was striker), and not knowing quite how he would turn out – suffice to say, he ended up being quite awesome. In fact, many will argue that he might be Kafra’s second best player of all-time, after John Robertson.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Daniel Friar (2045), 25 Years Old – Career: Well, he’s officially become the most valued player we have ever had at Kafra, with his value going past £60m this season. He definitely had the kind of season to justify it, too – 37 Games, 13 Goals, 14 Assists, 4 PoMs, 2.04 TpG, 1.79 DpG, 57% Shot Target, and 7.94 AR. It is kind of hard to believe he completed his 10th full season with us – it seems like yesterday he had come up from the Youth Academy. Lots of drama thus far in his career, but I’m happy he has proven the coaches wrong, because they thought he would be prone to injuries. He has become England’s most valuable player as well, and given the way his form has improved, I would not be surprised to see him do 8.00+ AR next season. He is, talent-wise, the best player on this team, and its natural leader once Robertson and Hunter call it quits, which is why he was named in the World Team of the Year for the first time, as well as the Premier League Select for the 4th time. To validate all that I have written above, he became the first Kafra player ever to be shortlisted for the World Golden Ball.

FORWARDS

John Robertson (2038), 32 Years Old - Career: I am dreading the day that we can longer call on Robertson to save us, and we got a sneak peek this year as our star player went down to a couple of injuries that ruled him out of three months of football. He only played in 25 Games – his lowest since the 2040/41 season – but his form was still outstanding, registering 25 Goals, 8 Assists, 4 PoMs, 75% Pass Ratio, 57% Shot Target, and 7.69 AR. The team is just different when he is leading our front line, and despite starting to get up there in age, we will go into next season in the same situation. Robertson was a participant in the World Cup in Russia this summer, which was probably his last major tournament with his country, and what a career he is winding up. He is just seventeen goals shy of scoring an incredible 400 League Goals for the club, and that is a number I doubt will be broken in this save. What a legend.

Ken Duncan (2049), 21 Years Old: When Robertson went down with injuries late in 2053, Duncan finally had a chance at an extended run as a starter, and he did not do so bad. In 21 Games, he registered a career-high 12 Goals, 4 Assists, 72% Pass Ratio, 2.35 DpG, 51% Shot Target, and 7.16 AR. Of course, it is not terribly impressive, but I will just be setting him up for failure if I am going to compare his contributions or abilities to Robertson – that is a tall task for anyone. As it stands, he is our No.2 and in a few short years, will most likely be our striker of choice. I am a bit disappointed with how he turned out, honestly – his improvements stagnated through the years and I feel like he could have been better, but at least we will have a decent option at the striker position when Robertson finally calls it quits.

HOT PROSPECTS

George Watts (2051), 19 Years Old: The coaching staff remain very high on him (4.5/5 PA), and although I have some minor doubts creeping in, I need to give him a chance. He is almost 20 now, so we are going to up the ante a bit next season in terms of his playing time, and try to get him in more games than his age. This season, he played in 11 Games, but he only registered 3.35 TpG and 6.73 AR, discouraging numbers for someone who we hope can become a starter for the club in a couple of years. Still, like I said, I am ready to give him the chance to prove himself, so let us see how he does in a few starts next year. George Watts Training Levels

Aidan Gough (2052), 18 Years Old: Spent the season on loan with Dag & Red in the Vanarama National, and did not do well for them. If you can’t deliver good form in the lower leagues, there is not much hope of contributing in the Premier League! He is young but the development is just not there – the ’52 Youth Class has to be one of the weakest we have had since joining the Premier League, and Gough is the star prospect of it. Aidan Gough Training Levels

Nathan Dawson (2053), 17 Years Old: I figured he might be the best prospect we have had in 10 years (since Daniel Friar), but I never expected him to be such a vital contributor so quick. In 16 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 5 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.86 TpG, 3.83 DpG, and an amazing 7.43 AR that blew me away. He developed well in his attributes despite taking a deep drop in determination, and I can only expect more from him at this point. He is going to continue getting the playing needed to aid his development, because it looks like we have a future England international on our hands. Nathan Dawson Training Levels

YOUTH INTAKE

JxOKuY.jpg

This was a rare intake in that it was not hit or miss for us – we usually either get no prospects or we get one great prospect with the rest being weak ones. This Intake actually gave us a number of potential squad rotation players that could make their debut next year without actually delivering a sure-fire starter, which is not always a bad thing. A team needs depth, and although one of the better prospects was a striker – an area we do no need help in currently – I can certainly see some talent developing into useful players for us a few years down the line.

2054/55 PRESEASON REPORT

So we have move past the disappointment of not being able to retain the Premier League title and of losing in the CL Finals – both to the Big Satan, Man City! Our core is aging, and we can probably get two more seasons of top level football from them if we are lucky – Robertson’s speed is already failing him, Stephen Hunter turns 32 this year, Matty York has already been relegated to a rotational role, and Abel, Joseph, and Medaglia have crossed the 30 year old mark. The big ones are obviously Robertson and Hunter – the first and second best players in Kafra history – and without them I doubt the team will be competing for the Premier League title. Ken Duncan is a Premier League striker for sure, but he is not a world-class one, and Nathan Dawson is young and unproven, even though he has potential. As this era comes to an end, I am a bit fearful – we have talent to carry us for another few years in Isasi, Johnson, Friar, Bailey, and young left winger sensation Jackie Neill, but once that second batch starts entering the twilight of their career, then what? As of now, we would only have one world-class player (Daniel Friar) and one other potential world-class players in Jackie Neill, and that’s it. That is a far cry from the talent we have now. As of this coming season, however, we are looking good, and we should maintain another challenge to win our second ever PL title.

7XFg1G.jpg

hNTDbH.jpg

ZWCEQZ.jpg

Bp65R4.jpg

if the opportunity came up would you take the England job (alongside Kafra) and then only use Kafra produced players to take on the world

I never really considered the England job, actually - I don't think I would take it, to be honest! Even if I did, I doubt I would only use Kafra players, although I would have a preference for them!

Hands down the best career on the forum, IMO. If only i had the time to start a save like this myself... Thread like these make me want to go back to my Uni days when I could do 8 hour stints hahahaha.

Hands down the best career on the forum, IMO. If only i had the time to start a save like this myself... Thread like these make me want to go back to my Uni days when I could do 8 hour stints hahahaha.

Thank you so much for the great comment! I hope you enjoy the rest of the thread as I plan to continue it until FM17 comes out!

Champions League 2nd Round vs. Paris Saint-Germain - 1st Leg: A repeat of last year's Quarter-Finals, where we defeated then defending champions PSG, their team was highlighted by Mexican striker, and Russia 2054 Best Player recipient, Gabriel Silva. We are a team that is underachieving in the Premier League this season, while PSG currently lead the French Ligue 1. They struck first, but a brace by wonderkid Jackie Neill and a penalty by Daniel Friar ensured a respectable 3-1 first leg victory for us in London.

x00PZr.jpg

Been reading through the entire thread since last night. I honestly think this is an amazing career and the patience you have shown through real-life months is incredible. So glad I caught up with the story before you have won the CL. This season is the season! Congrats on a great career, abulezz.

Been reading through the entire thread since last night. I honestly think this is an amazing career and the patience you have shown through real-life months is incredible. So glad I caught up with the story before you have won the CL. This season is the season! Congrats on a great career, abulezz.

Thank you so much for commenting! It has been a hell of a ride - this is, without a doubt, my most enjoyable FM save ever, and I've been playing FM (well it was CM back then) since '98! I hope you enjoy the rest of the save as I plan on continuing until FM17 gets released.

SEASON REVIEW 2054/55

For the second season in a row, we finished in 3rd Place, once again behind Man City (who successfully defended their title) and Arsenal – easily the two best teams in the Premier League at the moment. Although the statistics put us as the 4th Best defensive team in the league, I don’t think that was the case – we got lucky with a high number of clean sheets, but there were a lot of games were our defensive line was just dreadful. We definitely took a step back defensive this year, and it could be attributed to the loss of Isasi for most of the season with a broken leg, but the end result saw us struggle to win a Champions League spot because a lot of times our defense would let in silly goals. Offensively, despite the sudden and drastic regression in ability and form of our star John Robertson, we remained just as strong, finishing as the 2nd Best offensive team in the Premier League. This was thanks to the sensational play of wonderkids Jackie Neill and Ken Duncan, who truly stepped up this season and lived up to Robertson’s legacy. The former was the most surprising, as he was the second leading goalscorer in the PL from the left wing position – he was a threat every time he touch the ball, and his ability to always show up for the big games has already endeared him to the Kafra faithful. Still, we cannot go through the prolonged bad spells that he we went through this season and expect to compete for the title – we have 16 games in December and January, and managed to win only 4 of them! Outside of the Premier League, there was not much to write home about – we were knocked out in the Second Round of the Champions League by Paris Saint-Germain, a team we had beaten the year before. It was disappointing but they were the better team – they managed to get to the Finals before falling to Real Betis in Roma, with the Spanish team winning their first ever Champions League title in their first Finals. In the domestic cups, we advanced to the Semi-Finals of the Capital One Cup, but we fell to Liverpool, and in the FA Cup we were 3rd Round casualties to Arsenal.

4GEdDz.jpg

KehV7j.jpg

Dx5OHo.jpg

Hf18Mq.jpg

MhNNoi.jpg

KMxKEd.jpg

5mZxMx.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Akil Joseph (2041), 30 Years Old – Career: This was definitely not one of his better seasons – just when it seemed Joseph had taken another step closer to becoming a world-class keeper, he regressed significantly enough to make me wonder if he has not already peaked. Adding insult to injury (pun unintended), he spent the last month or so out with a dislocated shoulder, and I decided to have new Youth Intake Alex Hooper have a go at manning the posts. As for Joseph, it really was a lackluster season – 34 Games, 1.24 Con/90, 10 Clean Sheets (which was, ironically, a career-high), and 6.83 AR. The defensive line is obviously to blame, as well, I just would have expected more from him.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Gary Isasi (2043), 28 Years Old – Career: Through the first two months of the season, he was giving me the type of form I always knew he was capable of – 14 Games, 2 Goals, 2 PoMs, 9.05 TpG (!!), 76% Pass Ratio, 1.33 DpG, and 7.40 AR. Naturally, he broke his leg and that would be it for him for the rest of the season – he would not play a game after that. It was heartbreaking, as he was ruled out for 7 months, and I really hope he is not at that age where he will not regain back that powerful pace that is so crucial to his game. The decline in form of the defensive line can be directly attributed to his lack of presence in it – hopefully he will be ready to go for the beginning of the 2055/56 season.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Tim Abel (2041), 30 Years Old – Career: This was the first time in ten seasons that Abel did not register at least 7.00 AR – he fought a hernia that ruled him out for a month, and he was then forced to play at left back to cover for Isasi, and he never really found his form. He can’t be blamed as he was not playing his natural position, and he did not do bad covering for the world-class England full-back, but obviously he gave us nowhere near the kind of form required for a title challenge. In 28 Games, he registered a career-high 6.15 TpG, 1.05 DpG, and 6.95 AR - his form reflecting that he had played out of position for most of the year. If he managed to stay injury-free next season, then he will most likely be the latest player at the club to cross the 500 Games mark.

Nathaniel Weston (2044), 27 Years Old: While Abel faltered, Weston continued to improve despite the drastic regression in the defensive line, giving us his finest season yet. In 35 Games, he registered 4.01 TpG and a career-high 7.20 AR, the fifth straight season his AR has improved from the previous one. He has probably developed into the more talented player between himself and Abel at this point, and given that he is three years younger, he will also probably be the one we lean on more in the next few years as Abel crosses into the twilight of his career. He will never be technically where we wanted him to be, but there is no matching his strength and his defensive abilities have become quite good. He was never my prototypical CD, but somehow he has managed to be our starter at the position for the past ten years, and most likely at least the next five.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Matthew Johnson (2043), 28 Years Old – Career: Johnson was once again our finest defender, and there can be no denying now that he is probably one of the best – if not the best – at the position in the Premier League. He is certainly getting recognized for it, too, as he has become a regular for the England national team over the course of the last two seasons. In 32 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 2 PoMs, 3.81 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, 1.53 DpG, and 7.34 AR, and was named in the Premier League Select for the first time in his career – a testament to others’ recognition of his talent and importance. He is the classic example of a late bloomer, but there has been no stopping him the past few years,

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Matty York (2037), 34 Years Old – Career: He ended the season having played 556 Games for us – an amazing feat in itself. It was also the first season we saw a significant decline in his abilities, despite appearing in 16 Games and registering 7.11 AR. He goes into the off-season refusing to re-sign with the club, there is a potential that our talisman in the middle of the pitch (and former captain) will start next season either retired or with someone else. He has been with us for 18 full seasons – since our Championship days – and was a key player for all of our titles. He goes down in club history as one of the legends, and potentially our greatest midfielder of all-time.

Luis Medaglia (2040), 31 Years Old - Career: Medaglia’s dip in form due to age looks like it may have come a season earlier than expected. His form regressed this season, as he registered his lowest AR in seven years. In 35 Games, he registered only 1 Assist, 4.60 TpG, 81% Pass Ratio, 1.13 DpG, and 7.03 AR – while he was his efficient self, his impact on the games he played in were diminished. This was his 15th full year with the club, and he remains the leader of the midfield. The problem will come when he stops being able to start every game – right now, we don’t have a replacement. Hagan is not a starter for a title competing team, and with Medaglia’s form dipping earlier than expected, we need to find a solution in replacing perhaps the greatest midfielder in the team’s history (it is between him and York.)

Billy Bailey (2043), 28 Years Old - Career: I think starting next season, Bailey’s is going to take the mantle as the leader of our midfield. York is way past his prime, and Medaglia’s twilight years seem to have hit early. As for Bailey, the concern remains that his injury got the best of his physically, but so far, there has been no signs of slowdown. In 34 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 6 Assists, 4.50 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, and 7.20 AR – his form was down from last season, but still the best in the center of the pitch for us. He is actually one of my favorite players, and he still is one of England’s main players – his value is still at £30m.

Bright Hagan (2048), 23 Years Old: Still our 4th choice CM behind York, that will probably not be the case next season. This year, in 9 Games, he registered a 6.76 AR, his lowest mark in his career. Hopefully he can do better with more consistent playing time next year, but Hagan will never be good enough to be starter for a title competing squad.

LEFT WINGERS

Jackie Neill (2050), 21 Years Old: He was an absolute revelation this season, and I dare to say this wonderkid will probably be world-class if he keeps this up by this time next year. In 32 Games, he led the club with 24 Goals (2nd in League), 7 Assists, 7 PoMs, 1.47 TpG, 3.81 DpG, 52% Shot Target, and 7.59 AR. He was named the European Golden Boy, his first Premier League Select team, and was probably Kafra’s finest player through the course of the season. He has adapted so well, making the switch from striker to left winger, and now he is arguably one of the finest at the position in the league. His goalscoring prowess remains second to none, and the threat he gives down the left wing no one in the world can match. He has developed extremely well, and as such, at the tender age of 21, he has become one of our most important players.

RIGHT WINGERS

Stephen Hunter (2040), 32 Years Old – Career: For the second year in a row, Hunter set the club record for most assists in a season. In 32 Games, he registered 5 Goals, 27 Assists (Best in League), 4 PoMs, 1.72 TpG, 5.99 DpG, and 7.79 AR – it was not his finest season, but it was definitely one of his best. He is 32 years old, but I am not too worried as we have the talented Nathan Dawson coming up right behind him. As for Hunter, I would definitely rank him as our 2nd Greatest Player of All-Time, behind only John Robertson and ahead of Shane Forde (although when it comes to how influential on the team the player was at the time, Forde still wins that by a mile.) He has now earned 71 Caps for England, scoring 37 Goals as he maintains his importance as perhaps his nation’s most important player. His pace remains fantastic, although I suspect that it will begin to dip as the season goes on next year – still, he was named Kafra Player of the Year for the 7th time in his career.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Daniel Friar (2045), 26 Years Old – Career: No longer a player with potential, Friar is now about to enter the prime years of his career, although this year felt like a step down from the two previous ones. He was named to his 4th consecutive Premier League Select (and 5th overall) – in 33 Games, he registered 11 Goals, 9 Assists, 2.20 TpG, 1.50 DpG, and 7.52 AR, all down from last season. Still, at £56m, he remains one of the most highly valued players in the world, and he would walk on to any starting eleven no matter what the team was. He has a certain presence on the field that immediately intimidates the opposition, because he is always capable of taking over an entire game and winning it for us. The next few years will be critical for his legacy – with the exception of Dakoutros, I don’t think Kafra has ever produced such a technically gifted player, so if he can add a couple more titles to his name and a few accolades, he has a chance to compete for the title of Kafra’s finest ever player.

FORWARDS

John Robertson (2038), 33 Years Old - Career: It seems that Robertson is the kind of player that sees his demise come way too quickly, as was evident by his form this season. Let nothing take away from who he remains, however – the greatest Kafra player of all-time. Injuries kept him out for almost 5 months, however – he appeared in only 18 Games, registering 10 Goals and a 6.92 AR that were both his lowest in 15 seasons. At this point, going forward, we can no longer write about what Robertson is doing, but about what he did. In an era of great Premier League strikers, only Robertson can challenge Man City’s George Bong for the title of greatest of his time, and the three time PL Top Goalscorer and 2049 PL Footballer of the Year can certainly boast claims that, at times, he was undisputedly the best player in the Premier League. Those days are past, but like I said, nothing can be taken away from the Scottish striker who will probably always be this save’s best player for us.

Ken Duncan (2049), 22 Years Old: This was the season Duncan had to prove himself worthy of taking over Robertson’s role, and by and large, that is exactly what he did. The English striker played in 27 Games, registering 17 Goals, 10 Assists, 4 PoMs, 4.01 DpG, 49% Shot Target, and 7.44 AR enroute to the PL Young Player of the Year award. The most noticeable difference between Duncan and Robertson is that the latter relies on pace and power, while Duncan is more fluid with the ball, as witnessed by his high DpG numbers. Still, Duncan looks set to take over as primary striker perhaps as early as next season, and this year did a lot to build trust in the youngster’s ability of leading our frontline.

HOT PROSPECTS

George Watts (2051), 20 Years Old: Given the injuries to Isasi and Abel this season, Watts unexpectedly spent most of the season as one of our starts at CD, and he did not do too shabby at all. In 34 Games, he registered 4.75 TpG and an impressive 7.15 AR, up from 6.73 AR last season. His two main attributes are Strength and Defensive abilities, and they seem to be continuously improving. I don’t quite know what next season will bring for the youngster, as Isasi will make his way back from injury, but he has already proven he can play at a Premier League level. He also made his debut for England this season, and my gut feeling says it will be the first of many. George Watts Training Levels

Nathan Dawson (2053), 18 Years Old: The right winger – compared to his first season with the club – had a bit of a sophomore slump this year, although he still showed good form still. In 18 Games, he registered 1 Goal, 5 Assists, 1 PoM, 2.06 TpG, 4.54 DpG, and 7.14 AR – down from a ridiculous 7.43 AR last season. The encouraging thing is his attributes improvements, which did not let up and in fact, we saw an increase in Determination after that sharp drop last year. My coaching staff already rates him at 2/5 CA, and he still maintains his 5/5 PA – they think technique is his only weakness. If he lives up to what they think he is going to be, we are going to have a very special player on our hands in a few years. Nathan Dawson Training Levels

Martin Atkins (2053), 18 Years Old: He spent the year on loan with West Ham playing in the Championship, and although his form was not good, there are encouraging signs from the young full-back. His attributes continue to improve at a great pace, and he is already a very strong and very fast player. He looks like he could have a chance of cracking the rotation if he keeps this up. Martin Atkins Training Levels

Rob Henry (2054), 18 Years Old: The eldest of what looks to be like a Youth Class to rival the famous ’43 Youth Class (Bailey, Johnson, Isasi), it might be early days but there are four potential players that could end up being a big part of the team. Henry might also be the least talented of them, but he still has the look of a decent striker, and with Robertson slowly winding up his career, Duncan is going to need a decent No.2 – Rob Henry could be him. Rob Henry Training Levels

Paul Mullins (2054), 17 Years Old: He came up from the Youth Academy a natural DM, but his retraining to RB has been going alright so far. His talents are far more suited for a full-back position, and although my coaching staff has been hit (Isasi) and miss (Gough) retraining midfielders to fullbacks, I have a good feeling about this one. He seems to want to work hard, so that is a start. Let us see how he progresses this season – I might consider sending him out on loan, also. Paul Mullins Training Levels

Luke Woodrow (2054), 17 Years Old: I must say, Woodrow is starting to come along nicely – I didn’t expect much of him, but his versatility and his amazing growth in attributes have me starting to believe. He can play in CM or on the left wing, which is great because we need a natural left winger to cover for Neill. I don’t think I will loan him out unless I get a good deal that I know will give him good experience and playing time, so the plan is to try to find some playing time for him next season to see what he can do. Luke Woodrow Training Levels

Nick Allen (2054), 17 Years Old: The youngest member of the ’54 Youth Class that I have so much hope for, Allen is being trained to be a CD. His natural position is DM, and he is Accomplished in both CM and CD, but I want him to be able to hopefully one day become Watts’ starting partner in a few years when Abel and Weston get too old to start. The most encouraging thing is that his Determination skyrocketed from 8 to 15 in one season, so there is hope he can turn out to be a quality CD if he keeps improving. Nick Allen Training Levels

YOUTH INTAKE

x0jKpC.jpg

My coaching staff are not happy about this Intake, and they think Meyers has the most potential out of the entire class. I disagree, and I have my money on Hooper, who has the look of someone who could be our future No.1 after Joseph calls it quits. Whether I am right or wrong, only time will tell, but Hooper already got some playing time when Joseph went down at the end of the season with injury, and he did surprisingly well. He played 5 Games, registered 4 Clean Sheets and 6.83 AR – obviously, that was a one-off thing, as Joseph is going to be back next season ready to play, but it would be great if he works out the way I hope.

2055/56 PRESEASON REPORT

We are at a crossroads – our team’s core has gotten older and it looks like we might have peaked in 2053, when we won the Premier League title. Of course, we consider ourselves a contender for the Premier League title and would love to add another one to the legacies of Robertson, Hunter, York, etc., but with the way Man City have been stacking their team, it doesn’t look too feasible. Another magical run in the Champions League also looked out of the question considering how we did last season, and I can’t expect us to do any better this year, even though I am secretly hoping for that. There are some positive signs – Gary Isasi is back from his broken leg, Jackie Neill continues to make the transition to World-Class, Ken Duncan looks like he might fill at least most of Robertson’s shoes, and for the first time in a very long time, we have a number of decent looking prospects on the come up. Are we the best team in the Premier League? No – but if some of the other teams falter and we can make a good run of form happen, then the magic of 2052/53 might just repeat itself!

n8bVuG.jpg

z2BUES.jpg

VS0Dxr.jpg

oBJ6gH.jpg

Such an amazing thread and so enjoyable to read through. I feel so attached to your players! Only discovered this very recently so have read through it in only a few sittings. Simply unbelievable! Thank you! I need to find time myself to have my own FM career, as I've not had one since FM15 over a year ago!

Such an amazing thread and so enjoyable to read through. I feel so attached to your players! Only discovered this very recently so have read through it in only a few sittings. Simply unbelievable! Thank you! I need to find time myself to have my own FM career, as I've not had one since FM15 over a year ago!

It is always awesome to read comments like this - I am sure anyone covering and writing about their save would feel the same way! Thank you for enjoying it and thank you for commenting - I hope you continue enjoying the rest of it!

Terrible to see the injury induced decline of Robertson. Hopefully it tails off a bit and he can reinvent his game a bit.

Its heartbreaking! It looks like he is doing better this year as he has been injury free and has been contributing goals again - he did not deserve to go out like that!

Where are Kafra sat in the club ratings?

I'm itching for the next full update. I only come back every now and then (usually yearly, ha) and I hate it when I catch up on an update thread!

It wasn't the worst of results, although Marseille striker Gaetan Paganelli (a 30 year old fringe France national team striker who was bought from Tottenham 3 years for £29m, scoring 20+ Goals in each of his seasons with Marseille) hit us for a hat-trick and led his team to victory. Still, 2 away goals is decent.

4VWcfi.jpg

For the third time in our history, we lift the Capital One Cup! An outstanding first half set the tone for us, and Man City could never get back into the game. Congratulations to the boys, as this core has now won the Capital One Cup 3 times (2050, 2053, 2056).

MpLkdg.jpg

The boys put in a fantastic performance - we really have been hitting the right gears as we wind up the season here. For only the third time ever, we advance to the CL Quarter-Finals!

h9ThKS.jpg

Where are Kafra sat in the club ratings?

I'm itching for the next full update. I only come back every now and then (usually yearly, ha) and I hate it when I catch up on an update thread!

Thanks for the comments! The update should be up before the weekend is done (Saturday, Sunday) - I am wrapping up this season and then I will start working on the update. Kafra is ranked 5th in Europe, behind PSG, Dortmund, Real Betis, and Man City, respectively.

Loving the updates as per - just caught up. Duncan looks like he could be as good as Robertson who, unfortunately, has now seen better days. I reckon, though, you'll dominate with the next generation coming through.

Loving the updates as per - just caught up. Duncan looks like he could be as good as Robertson who, unfortunately, has now seen better days. I reckon, though, you'll dominate with the next generation coming through.

Duncan has been encouraging - he recently became a world class player! Robertson's decline has been quick and sharp, and its quite sad actually. The new crop - I don't know about them yet, but I really hope they develop to their potential!

Champions League Quarter-Finals vs. Arsenal - 1st Leg: Three years ago, we beat them for the Premier League title on Goals Scored, so they must be out for some sort of revenge. Currently, they are 3rd in the Premier League, fighting for the title against us, Man City, and Bournemouth. They have also become our fiercest rivals, according to the game, so this was a hardcore London derby. The result was quite acceptable - we struck first through Jackie Neill, who has a habit of scoring in big games, before they equalized.

jBAIbO.jpg

This it it - one game to go, everything to play for. Will it be a repeat of 2053? Arsenal are at home against Liverpool, Bournemouth (who are led by former Kafra striker Dean Pond - his 32 Goals are a League-High) face Aston Villa away from home, and Man City are hosted by Leicester.

IYaTlq.jpg

No repeat of 2053 - Arsenal were the bane of our existence this season, defeating us in the Champions League and beating us for the Premier League title, which was their first in 20 years!

Xs3dg1.jpg

Ricardo Andres only has 9 caps at 26 years old? Who the hell do Spain have, a second coming of Leo Messi?

LOL - actually, its his slightly more famous teammate, Juan Francisco, who I have put a screenshot of below, along with his career and bio.

Hmm, looks like it's all on Arsenal's run in, but the chance is there!

It didn't happen - so, so close, but they beat us to it! Looks like that generation of Robertson, York, Hunter, Medaglia, Abel, etc. will have one more chance next year for another title, but I think that's it!

Onto the next season!

Indeed - wrapping up the update, which should be up today!

oWu5Ne.jpg

zX7uwC.jpg

qmz17T.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2055/56

The second best defense and the league and the third best offense in the league, we nearly did it again this season, missing out to Arsenal by a single point. Our most bitter rivals, according to the club general page, they had one out for us this season, knocking us out of the Champions League (which was eventually won by Sporting over Man City), and claiming revenge for 2053, where we captured our only Premier League title by the slimmest of margins over them. This was a hell of an effort by the boys this year, though – our defense really came together and our GK Joseph rallied along with them, giving me the type of the season I always hoped for from him. All of our backline did their part – some had a bit of a dip in form as compared to last season (Johnson), but we had Isasi returning to form from his injury and the rise of our new defensive star in George Watts, who solidified his position in the starting lineup at CD. Our offense was again stellar, despite the drastic decline of Robertson – the emergence of Jackie Neill at left wing and Duncan at the striker position has more than made up for that. At 33 years old, Hunter had another celebrated season, as he was given his due in terms of world football by being named to a bunch of teams – at this point, the Hunter camp for best Kafra player of all-time is growing, and the argument against him is becoming a bit harder. He is one of the best passers in the game regardless of his age, and he has yet to see a decline in his explosive pace. The team was less reliant on Daniel Friar this season – if he wasn’t nagged by injuries for most of the season, I expect we would have had a better chance of winning our second title. Still, Friar is at a point now where he must define his legacy – does he go down as one of Kafra’s legends and that’s it, or does he cement his status as one of the world’s greatest footballers of the day? Our European adventure ended in the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League against Arsenal after taking out Marseille in the Second Round, but we found ourselves winning our 3rd Capital One title in our history, which I am especially proud of.

l1zCcQ.jpg

yZZzCT.jpg

zqC3FL.jpg

bDLgNV.jpg

p20Ht9.jpg

x90kcL.jpg

4ggskH.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Akil Joseph (2041), 31 Years Old – Career: Injuries to start out the season and to end it limited Joseph to 29 Games, but this could have been potentially his finest season of his career. In those 29 Games, he registered career-highs of 0.92 Con/90 (the first time in his career it is less than 1.00) and 14 Clean Sheets, while his 6.97 AR was amongst the highest of his career. The team registered the second best defense in the league this season, and Joseph has to take some credit for it. I was never crazy about his abilities, and neither is my staff apparently (2.5/5 CA), but he did do a good job of manning the posts for us this season – no complaints. He is in the prime of his career now, and I hope he can be a good influence on Hooper in order to have the prospect live up to his potential.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Gary Isasi (2043), 29 Years Old – Career: He bounced back from his broken leg injury quite well this year – in 32 Games, the left back registered a league-leading 9.23 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, 1.58 DpG, and 7.31 AR. Those were good numbers, and more in line with what I expect of him in the coming 3-4 years. There is a direct correlation between his form and presence, and the form of our defensive line, and I think he might be the most important part of it. He certainly is the most gifted and talented, and his abilities at the position are amongst the finest in the world. He lost just a little bit of pace after his injury, but nothing of note, and has now earned 60 Caps for England – he also earned himself a new contract that will now pay him £230k per week.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Tim Abel (2041), 31 Years Old – Career: Now that Watts has worked his way into the rotation, both Abel and Weston saw a slight dip in their playing time, although it seemed to have worked out great for Abel. In 29 Games, he registered 2 PoMs, 4.05 TpG, 1.04 DpG, and a career-high 7.28 AR in what might have been his finest season in his career till date. He is now only 4 Games away from the milestone of 500 Games for Kafra, something which he will no doubt accomplish early next season. My coaching staff have a preference for Weston and Watts as our starting lineup, but I can find in neither of them the consistency Abel continues to give us after all these years.

Nathaniel Weston (2044), 28 Years Old – Career: A torn groin muscle that ruled him out for 2 months and Watts fighting his way into the rotation were responsible for Weston playing only 18 Games this season, as his form took a dip for worse. He registered 2.99 TpG and 7.01 AR, and although my coaching staff insist to me that Weston is superior to Abel, I chose to give Abel more playing time when given the chance. This was the least Weston had played in his career, but again, it was mostly due to the injury he incurred as opposed to anything else. Next season, if he is healthy, he should see close to 30 Games, and while I have a preference for Abel, Weston is 3 years younger and seems to be generally fitter.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Matthew Johnson (2043), 29 Years Old – Career: He still one of my favorite players on the roster despite a dip in form this season, although technically he still had a decent year. In 37 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 3.76 TpG, 1.46 DpG, and 7.19 AR – down from 7.34 AR last year and 7.39 AR the year before. He remains one of the best right backs in the Premier League, and I fully expect him to jump back to his previous form next season. I think he is just as vital as Isasi to our defensive line, and his form impacts it directly for better or for worse. My coaching staff have him listed as a Complete Role Model for the Younger Players, His physical attributes and speed remain his greatest strength, and hopefully they will stay that way for the next couple of years.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Matty York (2037), 35 Years Old – Career: There was a significant decrease in his physical and speed attributes this season, and going forward, I don’t think it makes sense to keep him as our first choice CM off the bench. In 15 Games, he registered 6.72 AR in what can only be described as the most inconsistent and least influential season of his career. Many will argue that he is the greatest CM in Kafra history, and they would be valid in doing so, but he certainly isn’t one of the best CMS for the club currently. I would think his decision to retire is going to come soon, but we can never forget his contributions the past 20 years to the club.

Luis Medaglia (2040), 32 Years Old - Career: For so long, just knowing he was going to be starting in one of the two CM positions gave me comfort, but that feeling began escaping me this season. I think Medaglia, like Robertson, entered the last phase of his career a little bit earlier than most, and we saw the first season of his decline this year. In 36 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 5.20 TpG, 81% Pass Ratio, and 7.00 AR – although he could make a comeback next year and have his form pick up, I envision more of the same from the CM. He will remain our starter, but that is more based on the fact we don’t have any real talent behind him and Bailey than on his form itself. Ideally, he would start working his way into a more rotational role, but that is not happening anytime soon.

Billy Bailey (2043), 29 Years Old - Career: He was our best CM this season as predicted, and our most reliable one too. His broken leg injury has been forgotten, as he has proved himself durable and able since then. This season, in 35 Games, he registered 4 Goals, 2 Assists, 3 PoMs, 4.23 TpG, 74% Pass Ratio, and 7.14 AR – while not great, it was the best out of the 3 main CMs we have. With York now no more than backup, Bailey and Medaglia are undisputed starters, and it is Bailey who has taken the mantle of leader of the midfield. He has now earned 69 Caps for England, joining his fellow ’43 Youth Class colleagues Isasi and Johnson as core members of the England national team setup. He is supposed to be in his peak years now, and he remains a big part of the club, so hopefully we can see him truly become one of Kafra’s legends in the next few years.

LEFT WINGERS

Jackie Neill (2050), 22 Years Old: Part of the new generation of Kafra players, he might be the best one out of the lot. He again delivered an outstanding season for us – 31 Games, 23 Goals, 8 Assists, 6 PoMs, 1.92 TpG, 4.08 DpG, 64% Shot Target (2nd in League), and 7.54 AR. He is never going to be a great crosser, but with goals being scored at that right, who cares? He might be the most dangerous threat down the left wing in the world today – how he only has 2 Caps from England is beyond me, despite his young age. This is the second straight season where he has played at an exceptionally high level, and what has helped him be so successful as a left winger – despite being right footed and naturally a striker – is his pace, which is just explosive. Perhaps his most endearing quality, and probably the one that has him already listed as a club legend, is his habit of showing up for the big games and being so influential in them. I am really excited to see him continue his development and become the world class star I know he will be.

Ricardo Thompson (2049), 23 Years Old[/b]: Like Jackie Neill, Thompson is a natural striker who was re-trained to be a left winger despite being right footed, and this season, he proved that the experiment was a success. In 14 Games, he registered 8 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.83 TpG, 3.16 DpG, 61% Shot Target, and 7.31 AR, and I think he has earned the right to not only he the second choice left winger, but also Duncan’s first choice backup at striker as well. He’s got great pace, good finishing, and has already proved he knows how to find the net, so he will become a vital rotation player for us in the upcoming seasons.

RIGHT WINGERS

Stephen Hunter (2040), 33 Years Old – Career: For the 8th time, he was selected Kafra’s Player of the Year – second only to Shane Forde’s 13 times. In truth, his form goes beyond just being impressive for the club – this was the 3rd straight year he registered 20+ Assists in the Premier League, and the third time he has led the league in that category. Look at the numbers – 36 Games, 6 Goals, 23 Assists, 4 PoMs, 1.77 TpG, 5.87 DpG, 56% Shot Target, and 7.55 AR. He has now spent 17 years with the club, and has easily become its second best player of all-time, behind Robertson, and in some quarters, some might even tell you that he has been more influential than our legendary Scottish striker. He was named in the 2055 World Team of the Year, the first time he has been honored with that selection, and he was named in the Champions League Dream Team - he also broke England’s record with 9.11 AR in 8 European Championship Qualifying games. The club captain since 2052, he now has 80 Caps and 49 Goals for England, and proves to be one of their most important players going into the Euro 2056 – he was named Best Player in Europe for the 2055/56 season, the first time ever that award has gone to a Kafra player.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Daniel Friar (2045), 27 Years Old – : This was his most injury-plagued season to date, as he only managed to play in 27 Games, registering 4 Goals, 9 Assists, 5 PoMs, 2.56 TpG, 1.75 DpG, and 7.71 AR. He made his 5th consecutive (and 6th overall) Premier League Select, and there is no denying he is absolutely one of the best players in the Premier League today, but there is also no denying that somehow, it just feels like he should be giving us a little bit more. He is now entering his peak years, and while he can count a Premier League title as his, he was not the leader of the team that accomplished that feat. The next time that happens – if it happens during his peak years – there can be no doubt who was the primary reason if he wants to be able to claim his legendary status not just amongst Kafra fans, but amongst football fans in general.

FORWARDS

John Robertson (2038), 34 Years Old - : It is a bit shocking to see just how much Robertson has declined in the past couple of years – I figured that by 34, he would begin showing signs of slowing down, but as it happens, by 34 he has declined almost completely! I can no longer justify starting him over Duncan – I can almost no longer justify having him part of the rotation at all. In 25 Games, he registered 9 Goals, 4 Assists, 3 PoMs, and 7.02 AR – a combination of injuries and Ken Duncan limited his playing time this season, and I don’t think it will get better next season, either. Like I said last season, when talking about Robertson, the conversation should be about everything he has accomplished at the club and help the club accomplish, because he will go down as – in the eyes of most people (some are in the Hunter camp) – the greatest Kafra player of all-time.

Ken Duncan (2049), 23 Years Old: Well, he is officially considered a world-class player now, which really solidifies his claim to the starting striker place in the squad. He still played a rotational role alongside Robertson this season, but I think this will be the last year that happens, as next season he takes on the full-time responsibility of starting striker. In 25 Games, he registered 13 Goals, 2 Assists, 3.69 DpG, 54% Shot Target, and 7.13 AR – numbers that were significantly down from last season. He has not made his way into the England national squad lineup yet, having only been given 3 Caps, and I really want to see him make that leap to 20+ Goals per season. I think it will come next season.

HOT PROSPECTS

George Watts (2051), 21 Years Old – Central Defender: He’s young but he has earned himself a starting place in the defensive backline, with Weston and Abel doing the rotation thing alongside him going forward. He has proven to be better than both, and continues to improve – in 32 Games, he registered 32 Games, 4.70 TpG, 1.34 DpG, and 7.21 AR. My coaching staff have him rated at 3.5/5 CA with a 4.5/5 PA, so they believe he is still going to get better, which I would not doubt. Our defense was the second best in the league this season, and Watts was a big reason why – I would love to see him continue to build up on this next season. George Watts Training Levels

Nathan Dawson (2053), 19 Years Old – Right Winger: This season was a worryingly stagnant year for Dawson – 20 Games, 3 Assists, 6.82 AR in what can easily be considered his worst campaign so far. Even more worrying was his lack of attribute development, despite getting ample playing time in order to aid it. I still have high hopes for the right winger, and we don’t have another choice in terms of replacement for Hunter (who turned 33 this season), but I really hope he picks it up in terms of effort in training and development – I don’t want to be in a position where we thought we had one of the brightest prospects in football one year only to find out he was a mediocre one the following year. Nathan Dawson Training Levels

Martin Atkins (2053), 19 Years Old – Left Back: I did not send him out on loan this year although I wish I had – I just could not find much opportunity for him behind Isasi and I am afraid I stagnated his growth a little bit by leaving him without meaningful playing time this season. Still, he remains a bright prospect – he will never develop to be the left back that Isasi is, but he already has the talent to be a serviceable member of the rotation. His physical attributes (strength, speed) might be his primary assets, but his defensive skills are developing well, as well. Martin Atkins Training Levels

Rob Henry (2054), 19 Years Old - Striker: I think Henry will probably benefit from a year on loan playing regular football, as his development – much in line with a lot of youngsters this year – stagnated, which I assume was because of lack of meaningful playing time. He does not have the potential (3/5 PA) of some of his other comrades from the ’54 Youth Class, but he still can turn out to be a serviceable striker, perhaps our No.2 behind Ken Duncan in the future – that is the goal. Rob Henry Training Levels

Paul Mullins (2054), 18 Years Old – Right Back: He has now become an Accomplished right back, a position I feel would better suit his talents, but he has found playing time hard to come by. Still, I plan on making him Johnson’s cover next season, so he will definitely begin to see more playing time, which I hope will aid his development. He has got all the right tools, and I see him as a very similar player to Mikele Burton, which is not a bad thing at all. Paul Mullins Training Levels

Luke Woodrow (2054), 18 Years Old- Central Midfield/Left Winger: This versatile young man continues to impress in training, and he continues to develop beyond expectation – my coaching staff now have him rated as 4/5 PA. With York and Medaglia getting up there on age, and Hagan most definitely leaving the club this summer, playing time will open up for him as a CM, although his talents and best position see him as a left winger. Still, I would like to see him actually get some playing time, so anywhere I can fit him, I will, because I would love to see what he can do. Luke Woodrow Training Levels

Nick Allen (2054), 18 Years Old – Central Midfield/Central Defender: I had him trained as CD this season, but I will be switching him up to a Ball-Winning Midfielder as I have a lack of depth in that position that could utilize his talents. He did not develop quite the way I would have hoped this season, but he remains a prospect I am excited about. Nick Allen Training Levels

Alex Hooper (2055), 17 Years Old – Goalkeeper: My coaching staff are not believes (2.5/5 PA), but I continue to insist they are wrong. I actually had him become my No.2 this year, and he played in 9 Games, registering 0.80 Con/90, 2 Clean Sheets, and 7.16 AR. Those are impressive numbers – I know he had a good defensive line in front of him, but to register those numbers at such a young age is still impressive. I believe he has everything I look for in a GK, and unless he hits a wall in terms of his development, we are looking at our future No.1 when Joseph gets further into his 30s. Alex Hooper Training Levels

DPVL86.jpg

The good news is, we needed a CM to come through the ranks, and Peter Johnson looks like a promising prospect at the position. Unfortunately, this was a very shallow Intake, and I don’t see anyone else making much of an impression. Bill Harris is naturally a CM, but I am training him to be a full-back as his talents look a lot more suited for that position than his natural one. The good news is, we are not currently in desperate need for any one position, so the youngsters coming through don’t have to go through the pressure the previous generation did – whether that is good or bad thing remains to be seen.

Is it the end of an era? Have we seen the last chance Robertson and Co. have at winning a Premier League title as the leaders and core of the squad come and go? These are some questions that will be answered this upcoming season, as the elders will get one more shot – whether they are still in their starting slots or not – at adding a second Premier League title to their already glittering legacies. The future looks good – we have a good batch of players currently in in their peak years, and we seem to have developed a few stars just entering their 20s (Neill, Duncan, Watts), with a number of potential prospects in their teens ready to break out. Still, we have not bid goodbye to the greatest era in Kafra history just yet – we still have one more shot I think. Let us see if the boys can pull it off one more time!

C1sQWF.jpg

stgrGm.jpg

MWB5Ri.jpg

Vdvdws.jpg