[FM16] Kafra FC - All Youth in England

Unlucky just missing out on top 4 but 5th is a great, CL football can't be far away now.

This is an inspiring thread, thinking of doing a youth only save myself, just trying to decide what version to do it on, won't be 16 anyway.

Dean Pond (2042), 223 Years Old: You are not going to get much opportunities playing behind John Robertson, but Dean Pond has not done himself any favors with his mediocre goal scoring record. He only played in 14 Games this season, scoring 4 Goals and registering a career-high 7.12 AR. He has actually developed quite a decent skill set, and he has gone on the record to ask for more first team opportunities, but with the way Robertson is leading our offense, I would be hard pressed to find them for him. Still, he is as solid as a No.2 striker option can be – I just wish he was a bit more of a threat in front of the goal.

Don't be too harsh on him, the years are bound to have taken a toll.:)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell of a season, harsh to miss out on the CL, but looks like it's only a matter of time now. Also great to see that you're starting to get to the level that your stars are willing to stay. Friar has become an absolute monster!

Reckon Robertson could be a great striker for you, don't know if it's coincidence, but usually when I see Scottish regens in England, they're crackers.

Turns out to be the most accurate prediction I've ever made, in FM or with real footballers. :lol:

Cheers for the update on the Austrian bloke, just thought it was unusual for a player in the Austrian league to be the Ballon d'Or runner-up! He looks a good player and had a decent season at least. :thup:

Great progress in recent seasons, unlucky to miss out this time but surely a matter of time now for CL football. Your team is taking shape nicely, hopefully you get a new centre-back or two through your youth team soon, and perhaps a new keeper (though I like the look of Joseph - attributes-wise he already looks better than Kelledy ever did, even if he's not performing at the same standard yet. Since he's a GK perhaps he'll improve with age). Friar looks awesome! :cool:

Unlucky just missing out on top 4 but 5th is a great, CL football can't be far away now.

This is an inspiring thread, thinking of doing a youth only save myself, just trying to decide what version to do it on, won't be 16 anyway.

Don't be too harsh on him, the years are bound to have taken a toll.:)

LOL - I will fix it. Like I have said many times before on this thread, this has probably been my most enjoyable save of FM ever due to the premise. It has been great, and you get attached to your players and teams in ways you never thought possible, lol.

Hell of a season, harsh to miss out on the CL, but looks like it's only a matter of time now. Also great to see that you're starting to get to the level that your stars are willing to stay. Friar has become an absolute monster!

Turns out to be the most accurate prediction I've ever made, in FM or with real footballers. :lol:

Haha, you were SPOT on! I had my doubts, but Robertson, in a couple of seasons, will definitely replace Forde has our greatest player of all-time. As for Friar, I could not be happier with the way he is progressing, and he signed a new contract (!) so that's amazing.

Cheers for the update on the Austrian bloke, just thought it was unusual for a player in the Austrian league to be the Ballon d'Or runner-up! He looks a good player and had a decent season at least. :thup:

Great progress in recent seasons, unlucky to miss out this time but surely a matter of time now for CL football. Your team is taking shape nicely, hopefully you get a new centre-back or two through your youth team soon, and perhaps a new keeper (though I like the look of Joseph - attributes-wise he already looks better than Kelledy ever did, even if he's not performing at the same standard yet. Since he's a GK perhaps he'll improve with age). Friar looks awesome! :cool:

No problem - anytime you want more information about anything in the save, just let me know! As for Joseph, he just doesn't give me the confidence in his form and his ability to save shots that Kelledy did, although his attributes are better. I hope he can turn into a more reliable keeper - but I cant fault him for everything, as our CDs are weak. Our fullback positions are filling in nicely, though!

That was a lot more straight forward than I thought it would be. Turns out Bayern has not won the Bundesliga title since 2037 and are in a middle of a very mediocre time in their history!

cgrvjI.jpg

Think a striker is, long time wise, needed tbh. Robertson is 27 so really has 3/4 years left in which Duncan will be 20. He's perfectly primed to either play alongside or take over from Robertson. As you've seen, a quality striker will win games on his own.

Also, I reckon Funnell could be a pretty good rotational CM rather than a CB.

KUTGW, been a pleasure to read this from the beginning.

Think a striker is, long time wise, needed tbh. Robertson is 27 so really has 3/4 years left in which Duncan will be 20. He's perfectly primed to either play alongside or take over from Robertson. As you've seen, a quality striker will win games on his own.

Also, I reckon Funnell could be a pretty good rotational CM rather than a CB.

KUTGW, been a pleasure to read this from the beginning.

Thank you for the continuous support and comments - they are very much appreciated!

That is the plan with Duncan - keep giving him playing time until Robertson begins his decline. I figure it will happen sometime in the next 6-8 years, so Duncan will be in his early 20s and ready to handle it. I can at least rest assured that I have gotten our future starting striker lined up already.

Malaga have spent the last few years finishing between 4th and 7th, but talent-wise, we were clearly the better. Unfortunately, on the day, they were the superior team, and this result was just embarrassing, especially our GK, Akil Joseph. We gave ourselves a massive challenge for the 2nd Leg of the 1st Round of the Europa League.

pSBxYJ.jpg

As expected, we crashed out in the 1st Round of the Euro Cup after a disastrous first leg. We never really threatened here - this was the result we deserved. Disappointing, really.

255yow.jpg

So after 35 years, we finally win our first title! Proud of the boys, especially after the disappointment of crashing out of Europe the way we did. We went down early, but they kept the pressure up and we were clearly the better team in the second half. Its been a long time coming!

m9JvFa.jpg

Our second biggest game of the season, and it is also against Chelsea. So the Premier League is ranked 3rd best in Europe, meaning there are only 3 Champions League places up for grabs. Its the Final Matchday, and we host Chelsea at Forde Park, with the final Champions League spot the prize. They need a draw, we need a win...

VHjKwH.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2049/50

KAFRA: Oh man, what a season! We fought tooth and nail all season long despite some of best players being ravaged by injuries. Despite some disappointments – a meek 1st Knockout Round defeat to Malaga in the Europa League and 5th Round knockout at home in the FA Cup to Sunderland – this was an overwhelming positive season, and hopefully the one that has signaled our arrival, after 35 years, into the upper echelon of football. We defeated Chelsea 2-1 enroute to our first ever Capital One Cup title, and then we defeated the same unfortunate Chelsea to grab a Champions League spot at their expense on the last Matchday. It was a fitting end to the season – one where we surprised everyone, including ourselves, and overcame obstacle after obstacle to finally get the results we needed. Our offense was ridiculously potent, and as such was ranked the Best in the Premier League. I know they say defense win games, but this season was led by our offensive charge – Robertson broke the Kafra record yet again, and for the second season in a row, finished as the Premier League Top Goalscorer with 38 Goals. Stephen Hunter was named the Premier League Footballer of the Year, despite having dealt with a hamstring injury that took him out of commission for nearly 3 months and playing only 26 Games – that is how freaking impressive he was. Daniel Friar won both the Young Player of the Year award and the European Golden Boy award, with the latter being the 2nd consecutive time he has won it. Defensively, we regressed, and obviously our offense was enough to overtake every team except one – honestly, I don’t know how Man United are going to lose the title in the next few years because their team is just ridiculous. I also began the process of calling up a lot of my youngsters into the first team – one of the major problems I faced this season was lack of depth and having a small team. Hopefully, with first team training, tutoring, and some loan spells, we can get some reliable players out of the youngsters. I can’t wait for next season.

PREMIER LEAGUE: Manchester United won back the title from their bitter rivals Man City (3rd) this year, making it a record 27th time the Red Devils have captured the Premier League title. They were led by the phenomenal play of their 23 year old French winger Dominique Gallet, who led the league with a 7.95 AR. Man City, who will be disappointed with their finish, were led by the Players’ Player of the Year in George Bong, who is undeniably one of the greatest goalscorers the Premier League has ever seen. Chelsea (4th) and Stoke (5th) rounded up the Europa League spots, with Arsenal (10th) perhaps the most disappointing team of the season.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: The era of Barcelona seems to know no end – they won their 8th title in 12 years, breaking Real Madrid’s record for most times won having now lifted the trophy 13 times. They defeated AC Milan in the Finals at Old Trafford, and for the second time in a year, German winger Sebastian Galeske was crowned the Best Player. The Golden Boot went to 2nd Round casualty Paris Saint-Germain’s legendary Swiss striker Bernhard Benoit, who scored 11 Goals in only 8 Appearances. Last year’s beaten Finalists Real Madrid were also 2nd Round casualties – AC Milan defeated Man City in the Semi-Finals while Barcelona won Dortmund enroute to becoming the competition’s most storied team of all-time.

lc9tvm.jpg

yr7RsN.jpg

kxRbo7.jpg

4J4RBt.jpg

2J7cN6.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Akil Joseph (2041), 25 Years Old: The 17th Best defensive team in the league, and I can no longer ignore Joseph as being a big part of that problem. Too many times did I read a comment stating how easy it was to beat him or how he should be upset with himself for being beaten – it has become way too common. His attributes are not bad, and the coaching staff think he is of a Premier League level, but each passing season, I grow less and less confident in him. His 1.79 Con/90 is nothing to laugh at, even though he had a 6.99 AR. Unfortunately, it is not like I have any alternatives at this point – this has been his 3rd season as a starter and he is further away from winning me over than ever.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Gary Isasi (2043), 23 Years Old: Overall this season, while he did have some rough nights, I was thoroughly impressed with Isasi and what he brought to the table. In 31 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 7 Assists, 5.85 TpG, 1.35 DpG, and a career-high 7.05 AR – numbers that I hope he puts up every season. His skill set is incredible – he has all the right attributes, whether it is fantastic defensive abilities, or explosive pace. He was also great for us going forward, as evident by the number of assists, and he was ranked 4th in the league in terms of Cross Completed Percentage. For the first time since Kafra was created 35 years ago, I can finally – and confidently – say that we no longer have a left back problem!

Matthew Johnson (2043), 23 Years Old: I will admit it – I love Johnson and everything he brings to the table. This season, he played most of his games at right back, covering for Burton who went down with a torn hamstring and was out for 3 months, and he did an excellent job of replacing him. In 23 Games, he registered 3 Assists, 5.36 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, 1.68 DpG, and 7.07 AR – he was also amongst the league leaders in Crosses Completed Percentage. In fact, with Isasi on the left and Johnson on the right, we had numerous threats down each wing every game, and it makes me very optimistic for the future as Johnson transitions into a full time starter down the right over the course of the next few years. He is superior to Burton in every way, although he will not be taking over the starting job straight away – it will be more of a gradual process.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Tim Abel (2041), 25 Years Old: I think a big part of the reason we were so bad defensively this season was becase Abel was injured for around 2 months total. He only played in 30 Games, registering 4.52 TpG and 7.01 AR – numbers that were down from the previous season. He also had a few rough games, given his lack of match preparedness – this is a player who had never had to deal with a major injury in his career till this season. That being said, he did earn his first cap for England, and he did give us a 5th straight season for 7.00+ AR, so there is not much to complain about. I have no doubt that he will bounce back next season and play at the level he has been the past 2-3 seasons.

Nathaniel Weston (2044), 22 Years Old: I must say, Weston has been fantastic about his work ethic in training since breaking into the first team, and although I’m not going to pretend he is of world class standard, he has exceeded any expectation I had of him a few years ago. He has become a serviceable starting CD – obviously, not one you want if you want a top defense – and has developed consistency in his form. He played in 37 Games this year, registering 4.11 TpG and a career-high 7.02 AR. I could argue that he was potentially more important to us this year than Abel due to the latter’s injury problems, but what is clear is that we at least know we have some reliability in what has become our weakest position.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Mikele Burton (2037), 28 Years Old – Career: One of our most reliable players over the past 10 years had to deal with his first major injury of his career – a torn hamstring that limited him to only 23 Games this season. He still performed at a high standard when he played – 3 Assists, 5.17 TpG, 1.39 DpG, 7.20 AR – but the injury did take away some of his explosiveness. Given that he is now in his late 20s, it is unclear if he will regain the pace that he lost. Matthew Johnson filled in for him and was impressive, so starting next season, I will start looking at more of a rotation between the two – Burton will remain starter, but he will be rested more often than previous seasons as I look to transition Johnson into the starting role. That being said, what a servant for the club Burton has been – he was the first player that really gave us good form from the right back position and he has been doing it since the late 2030s for us.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Matty York (2037), 29 Years Old – Career: The vice-captain had one of his finest seasons this year, even though he did not score a single goal. In 31 Games, he registered 4 Assists, 3.08 TpG, and a career-high 7.35 AR – it is not obvious he is no longer even our second most talented CM, but he remains a Kafra institution and retains his starting place until his attributes and form start to fail him. I always say this, but I cannot believe this is the same guy that made my life a miserable hell in the early 2040s with his constant complaining, as for the past several years he has been nothing but an upstanding citizen of the club.

Luis Medaglia (2040), 26 Years Old - Career: Without a doubt this was the best season of Medaglia’s career – in 32 Games, he registered 5 Goals (more than his entire career prior to this season combined!), 4 Assists, 3.82 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.27 DpG, and 7.24 AR. He was a great all-around presence for us and completely reliable day in and day out. He led Costa Rica to the Finals in the 2049 North American Gold Cup, and was selected in the tournament’s Best XI – his value is now close to £30m. He is considered a Star Player for most Premier League sides by my coaching staff at this point, and they also consider him our most talented CM, something I am not prepared to argue about. He’s come a long way since he broke into the first team 10 years ago, and I am especially proud of his progress.

Billy Bailey (2043), 23 Years Old: He has become a central part of the England national team set-up, and I felt this was the first season were he really hit his stride and solidified his challenge to become a starter for us at the position. In 31 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 2 Assists, 4.67 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.24 DpG, and a career-high 7.15 AR. His goal against Ipswich was actually crowned Goal of the Season, but obviously, his importance to us stems from the fact that he has become as solid and reliable as they come. Not only is he extremely versatile, but he will give you good form no matter what position he is playing in. He has now earned 17 Caps for England, and our coaching staff reckon he is a Leading Player for Premier League clubs.

LEFT WINGERS

Louis Miller (2034), 32 Years Old – Career: The club captain turned 32 this year, and registered for the first time in his career a season where he gave us both 10+ Goals and 10+ Assists in the same year. Honestly, he is the toughest starter to replace – I don’t have a ready candidate for him. In 37 Games, he gave us 10 Goals, 11 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.39 TpG, 2.19 DpG, 50% Shot Target, and 7.37 AR – who in the world on this team is going to reproduce those numbers for me at the left wing position? The scary thing is he had some attribute loss towards the end of the season, and considering his age, it is highly likely he is going to gain them back. The Kafra legend will be playing in his 18th year for us next season – that is just crazy to think about. No one could have ever predicted the type of career he has had – over 550 Games, 100 Goals, and 100 Assists. That’s the stuff legends are made out of.

RIGHT WINGERS

Stephen Hunter (2040), 27 Years Old – Career: The now reigning Premier League Footballer of the Year, he tore his hamstring for the second consecutive season. While that might be a worrying thing looking towards the long term, there was not a more impressive player in the Premier League this season than our World Class right winger. Despite only featuring in 26 Games, he would win the award based on his incredible numbers – 12 Goals, 20 Assists (League Best), 4 PoMs, 1.96 TpG, 6.41 DpG, 54% Shot Target, and a career-high 7.93 AR. He was sensational pretty much every single time he stepped on the pitch, and – for now – his hamstring issues don’t seem to have slowed him. He is entering the prime of his career, so if we can get another 3-4 seasons like this one out of him, that would be incredible. He was named in his first ever Premier League Select, and was also named the Kafra Player of the Year for the 3rd time in his career.

Geraint Ward (2044), 22 Years Old: We needed the Welsh international this season when Hunter went down, and he gave us exactly what we needed. In 22 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 8 Assists, 2.05 TpG, 4.16 DpG, and 7.03 AR – he might not have been Hunter, but he was definitely good enough on the wing for us, contributing towards 10 Goals. Given that this is what I need from him – proper backup support – I could not be happier with the results Ward showed me. He will remain a part of this team as long as he wishes to, as he has proved he is capable of delivering at this level.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Daniel Friar (2045), 21 Years Old: The youngest member of our starting eleven, Daniel Friar has also become on the newly crowned Premier League Young Player of the Year, in addition to capturing his second straight European Golden Boy. The guy has been a revelation for us, and this season he took his game up a level – in 28 Games, he registered 8 Goals, 13 Assists, 5 PoMs, 1.47 TpG, 2.05 DpG, and a career-high 7.90 AR. My coaching staff believe he is now playing up to his full potential, which suits me just fine, because he is already super-talented as he is. He had to deal with a few nagging injuries throughout the season, but the on the plus side, it did not seem to affect his form. His value is now over £50m (!!), and he got his wish of wanting to play Champions League football. He will definitely be the heartbeat of this team going forward. Daniel Friar Training Levels

FORWARDS

John Robertson (2038), 28 Years Old - Career: How do you top the greatest single season of any player to ever wear the Kafra jersey? By giving us an even greater season! The World Class Scottish striker did just that – in 37 Games, he registered a League-Leading 38 Goals, a career-high 10 Assists, 6 PoMs, 2.81 DpG, a League-Leading 68% Shot Target, and 7.61 AR. What more can you possibly ask for from your striker? The guy has been simply amazing the past few years – this was actually the 3rd time in his career he has registered 30+ League Goals, and this was the 7th consecutive year of registering 20+ League Goals. Obviously, he is the player with the greatest reputation at the club, and he will almost definitely be a one club player – I have no plans to let him go until he retires. I think it is now safe to call him probably the greatest player in Kafra’s history thus far.

Dean Pond (2042), 24 Years Old: Every time Friar got injured, I would switch to a two striker lineup with Pond alongside Robertson – he ended up playing 23 Games, registering 13 Goals and 7.21 AR, both being career-highs. He scored some pretty important goals, as well, and has now proven his capabilities as a reliable second option for us at the striker position. He has made noise here and there about wanting more first team opportunities, but he generally has quieted down after a few games. If we can keep him happy and playing, I don’t think there is a better backup striker in the game today.

HOT PROSPECTS

Lee Funnell (2047), 19 Years Old: Not much going on in here terms of development – he did not show much improvement in his attributes, and his form has not been anything special. As of now, it does not look like he will amount to much, and Matthews has definitely eclipsed him in the ranking when it comes to the rotation. Lee Funnell Training Levels

Stuart Matthews (2048), 19 Years Old: I like him, and he got to play in 10 Games this year thanks to his dedication to his training – he showed good improvement in his attributes. When Abel went down injured, I called on Matthews to fill in for him, and he was not disappointing. He has some pretty obvious Mental and Technical limitations, but he could end up being a good part of the rotation yet. Stuart Matthews Training Levels

Bright Hagan (2048), 18 Years Old: He has been perhaps our most promising prospect this year – he has really come along in terms of his development. He plays in a very deep position, but he did make 9 Appearances off the bench. His numbers were not bad at all – 4.16 TpG, 6.81 AR – and he seems to be highly dedicated. His Technical abilities have come along nicely, and his Passing especially is impressive. I look forward to seeing what he can do in the coming years. Bright Hagan Training Levels

Ken Duncan (2049), 17 Years Old: Our star prospect, a lot is riding on how well he continues to improve. He is being groomed to be the successor for John Robertson, so he has a very big role to fill when the time comes, but the skill set seems to be there. He played in 15 Games, scoring 3 Goals and registering 4 Assists, 78% Pass Ratio, and 70% Shot Target – his numbers look good. He potentially looks like our finest prospect since Daniel Friar – hopefully, he will contribute like him some day. Ken Duncan Training Levels

YOUTH INTAKE

XpbT0K.jpg

It is probably the position where we need the least amount of help at this point, so from that respect, it was a disappointing Intake. If I was to judge on the talent, however, it was not bad – we got 2 decent striker prospects and a defender that could turn out to be a rotation player if he applies himself. The problem here, of course, is that we already have a World Class striker, and our hottest prospect under 20 years old is a striker. I don’t know what I am going to do with 2 more strikers – our lineup features only one!

2050/51 PRESEASON REPORT

It was exciting seeing how the Kafra Youth Academy offered so many players that went to the World Cup – including Dimitris Dakoutros, who ended up being England’s best player as they marched to the Quarter-Finals. After the World Cup, I worked on getting loan spells for a lot of my younger talent, especially Brian Hagan, who I think will benefit immensely from regular first team football. With Ken Duncan improving so rapidly and two new striker prospects, I opted to accept an offer for Dean Pond for a ridiculous £30m, so our No.2 striker is officially no longer with the club.

We definitely need to figure out how to make our defense better – now that we are in the Champions League, there can be no more excuses. I don’t know if expecting to repeat our heroics of last season is reasonable, but I don’t want to lose Champions League football now that we have it. The team, for the most part, has talent at every position, and I hope our offense can maintain the momentum it had from last year.

yUyIuO.jpg

pupMyJ.jpg

povU0P.jpg

NeKSwG.jpg

Nice update as per Abulezz, how long you reckon it is until you get the CL? When do you plan on winding down the save, if ever?

The beauty about this type of save is that its completely reliant on the type of players the Academy give me - I could go through a Golden Era with 5-6 World Class players and then followup with a down era where I only have 1 or 2 on the squad. Its really unpredictable!

I don't plan on winding down the save at any point before FM17 - this is going to go on until they release FM17.

When we were up by 3 Goals, we were in 2nd - unfortunately, we won by only 2 Goals, and thus ends our first Champions League endeavor. This was definitely a group we could have advanced from, so it is disappointing. That being said, Sporting have an unusually talented strike force.

IhqvZG.jpg

WORLD CUP 2050 - USA

Portugal advanced to its 4th Finals appearance at USA 2050 thanks to the strength of is Man United strikeforce, [ub]Rui Ramos[/b] and Oliveira – this time, however, they would finally win their very first World Cup title, defeating an impressive and resurgent Argentinean nation 2-1 in Los Angeles. Ramos and Oliveira would finish as the top two goalscorers in the competition with 7 and 6 Goals, respectively, with Ramos being named the Best Player of the tournament. Argentina were led by relative unknown Gonzalo Caballero, who would have surely earned himself a big money move after the great tournament he had – they also had arguably the most inform defender during USA 2050 in Emiliano Pirraglia. The Portuguese, who scored an incredible 20 Goals, were unstoppable, however – they also defeated defending champions Germany in the 2nd Round and Italy in the Quarter-Finals, before finally ending the dreams of surprising Colombia in the Semi-Finals. Argentina, who ran through France, England, and finally Spain on the way to their first Finals appearance since 2014, conceded in only two games – their opening match against Serbia, and the Finals against Portugal.

VP0Tyq.jpg

fT4L0d.jpg

QQcASs.jpg

seL5nJ.jpg

Job well done in the 1st Round - 1st Leg Away in Belgium. It could have been a potentially tricky match, and they struck first, but my Primadonna Boy Wonder Daniel Friar answered the call.

uiNy9U.jpg

The Euro Cup Semi-Finals - we face Stuttgart, who have an insanely talented team (including 2046 World Golden Ball winner Markus Ahlfeld). There was a clear difference in talent, and it showed looking at the final result.

9Ck6go.jpg

So our European adventure for the year ended in the Semi-Finals of the Euro Cup. We were outplayed over two legs, and it kind of pointed out that there still is a big difference in talent between us and Europe's elite. Daniel Friar was an inspiration in the early rounds, but we couldn't do anything against the German team.

COuHI3.jpg

Job done against Southampton - our Champions League fate rests in our hands now as Chelsea and Tottenham both slipped up (Chelsea in a big way, with a 5-1 loss to Arsenal away). Ken Duncan was impressive, stepping up to replace the injured Robertson in a big match despite only being 18 years old. A draw against Sheffield United away from home is all we need now.

4vXnRd.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2050/51

KAFRA: Although it was not a disappointing season, it was a step back from 2nd Place – the position we finished in last season. Still, I cannot complain about 4th Place and a Champions League spot, which will make it the second year in a row we qualify for the competition. This year, it did not go so well, as we were knocked out in the Group Stages in what should have been a relatively straight forward group. We then advanced to the Semi-Finals of the Euro Cup only to run into an insanely talented Stuttgart team – honestly, I don’t understand how they didn’t compete for the Bundesliga title and the Champions League title this year. They made short work out of us and ended our European adventure, although our Semi-Finals finish was our best ever in the three times we have competed in the competition. In the Premier League, we fought tooth and nail to earn our 4th Place finish, beating out Tottenham and Chelsea while finishing behind the two heavyweight Manchester clubs and Arsenal. Things did not go as smooth as they did the previous year, but we can still be happy with the result. Defensively, we are still vulnerable, and that looks likely to remain our biggest issue going forward in the short term. We have good talent in our midfield, and we have great talent up, and it showed as Robertson won the Premier League Goalscorer of the Year for the second time in his career. Daniel Friar, our most talented player, has officially become the biggest burden I have ever had to deal with – he constantly missed training and even missed a couple of games. I thought about selling him – and there would have been no shortage of takers – but what he brings to the side is just too valuable to give up, especially that we do not have a worthy backup. In the domestic cups, we did not make much noise – 4th Round casualties in the Capital One Cup and 3rd Round disappointments in the FA Cup.

R7RoDJ.jpg

S2lxtO.jpg

sku901.jpg

ENsnZn.jpg

qZtRxk.jpg

BbVZDG.jpg

zhBHv9.jpg

GOALKEEPERS

Akil Joseph (2041), 26 Years Old: The past four years, he has only missed three games, all of which came during the 2048/49 season, which is a bit of a change from his predecessor George Kelledy – the former Kafra captain had a problem with nagging injuries. Still, Joseph has ways to go before being as reliable as Kelledy was, although there was progress this season. In 38 Games, he registered 1.37 Con/90, 8 Clean Sheets, and 6.98 AR, giving us a much better season than he did last year. Kafra’s jump from the 17th best to the 12th best defensive team in the Premier League was in part to Joseph not letting in as many silly goals as the year before. On top of that, he has now earned 7 England Caps, and is considered to be one of the best English GKs in the game today.

LEFT DEFENDERS

Gary Isasi (2043), 24 Years Old: There can be no doubt now – Isasi is definitely one of the best left-backs currently plying their trade in the Premier League. In 36 Games, he registered a remarkable 8.10 TpG (3rd in League), 4 Assists, 2.16 DpG, and a career-high 7.22 AR – I don’t think there is anything more you can ask from a left-back than those numbers. His form is consistent and solid, but if you take a look at his attributes, you figure he can give so much more still. He has explosive pace and his defensive abilities are second to none – I seriously expect his form to continue to improve as he enters his mid-20s. His value has shot up to past £25m, and he has become the starting left-back for the English national team, having now earned 17 Caps.

CENTRAL DEFENDERS

Tim Abel (2041), 26 Years Old: The hulking German turned English international continues to give us exactly what he has the past few years – in 33 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 3.88 TpG, 133 Key Headers (3rd in League), 528 Interceptions (4th in League), and 7.03 AR, which is just above his career average. This was his 9th year as a starter for Kafra, and he has become recognized as one of our greatest CDs of all-time – sure, he will never have the talent of Marvin John or Courtney Hendon, but he has stuck around for better and for worse, and he has maintained solid form through his tenure. As he enters the prime of his career, I am hoping he can nudge up his form just a little bit and perhaps help us become an even better defensive team than we have been. He has now earned 4 Caps for England.

Nathaniel Weston (2044), 23 Years Old: Tim Abel’s replica, injuries dragged down Weston’s form a bit this season, as a hip injury ruled him out for two months. He still played in 29 Games, registering 3.86 TpG and 6.93 AR, down from 7.02 last season. He has probably peaked in terms of ability, and I have been saying for years he is not good enough to be a starter for a team with contender aspirations. Still, after Abel he is still the best we have at the position, and I am not sure any of the new crop of CDs will be any better than he is, so he looks likely to continue to hold on to that starting spot for at least a couple more years.

RIGHT DEFENDERS

Mikele Burton (2037), 29 Years Old – Career: The transition from starter to rotation player started this year, as we look to implement Johnson into the starting lineup, who is simply more talented in terms of attributes. This is taking nothing away from Burton, who has manned the right-back position for us for since the late 2030s, and even this season, he gave us solid, consistent form. In 23 Games, he registered 4.64 TpG, 1.17 DpG, and 7.12 AR, right around the average he has been giving us the past few years. The torn hamstring from last year did take away some of his pace, however, and at this age, he is not going to get it back. Still, this is a player who is equally efficient in both full-back roles, so I envision he will remain part of the rotation for quite a few years to come.

Matthew Johnson (2043), 24 Years Old: By the end of next season, his transition to starting right-back of the squad should be complete – this year, he shared duties with Burton. In 23 Games, he registered 2 Assists, 5.13 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, 1.65 DpG, and 7.00 AR, doing everything Burton did, just slightly better. I expect he will do even better next year, as I will try to get his Games Played up to 30 – he has certainly earned it. He had a relatively injury-free year, and seems to have fully recovered from a devastating knee injury that ruled him out for four months last year. His pace is still there, which is one of his greatest strengths, and he is considered a Model Professional by the coaching staff and media.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Matty York (2037), 30 Years Old – Career: At this point, I would consider our second longest serving player probably the third most talented CM we have on the squad. Still, while he did have a couple of games where he came off the bench this year, he probably will not lose his starting place for another couple of years. He did face a twisted ankle that ruled him out for about a month, but he still played in 31 Games, registering a Goal, 2 Assists, 3.57 TpG, 77% Pass Ratio, 1.42 DpG, and 7.24 AR – typically good all-around numbers that we have been used to from him over the last number of years. He will begin his 15th full year with the club next season, and he remains a vital piece of the puzzle for us. The game doesn’t seem to think so, but York is undoubtedly a club legend.

Luis Medaglia (2040), 26 Years Old - Career: Similar to York in that he rarely seems to make a mistake, the Costa Rican international was once again crucial to our lineup this season when he played – unfortunately, he damaged his achilles tendon and that ruled him out for over three months. He ended up playing in only 23 Games, registering 3 Assists, 4.38 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, and a career-high 7.27 AR – I believe if he had not gotten injured, his statistics would have better reflected his form when he finally got back in to playing shape after such a long layoff. Thankfully, there seems to be no long term effects, and he will be vital for us going into next season as York enters his 30s.

Billy Bailey (2043), 24 Years Old: Not to be denied anymore, the England international midfielder has become a permanent fixture in our starting lineup – in 36 Games, he registered 3 Assists, 4.64 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, 1.01 DpG, and 7.07 AR. Very similar numbers to Medaglia, he plays a similar game, as well, providing a lot of help defensively. His value is now almost £28m, and he has become an important member of the England national team (29 Caps/2 Goals) – what is great is he has the versatility to provide relief anywhere down the left side of the pitch, as well as in the center of the defense. Part of the famed ’43 Youth Class that also gave us Isasi and Johnson, Bailey has pretty much solidified his place in the starting lineup for the next few years.

LEFT WINGERS

Louis Miller (2034), 33 Years Old – Career: Our biggest need at the club has turned into finding a replacement for Miller as he enters the twilight of his career. The oldest member of the squad – and still team captain – he showed some small signs that the inevitable is coming this year as all his numbers dipped slightly. In 30 Games, he registered 3 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.73 TpG, 1.39 DpG, and 7.17 AR, which was actually his lowest since the 2043/44 season. He will be playing his 19th season with us next year, and he will be starter again – he is now just 5 League Games away from having played 600 Games for us. His time as a player for us is coming to an end, but nothing can take away what he has given us since the mid-2030s. I would probably rank him as our 3rd Most Important Player ever, behind John Robertson and Shane Forde.

RIGHT WINGERS

Stephen Hunter (2040), 28 Years Old – Career: He was named Kafra’s Player of the Year for the fourth time this season – only Shane Forde has won the award more than that, and he is now tied with Louis Miller and Dimitris Dakoutros for second most. The former English Footballer of the Year was again one of our most important players, and he has also become one of England’s most important players, as well. In 34 Games, he registered 9 Goals, 13 Assists (6th in League), 3 PoMs, 1.97 TpG, 6.67 DpG (6th in League), and 7.56 AR – it was not quite the form of his career-year last season, but still good enough to be one of the top players in the Premier League. He is now in the prime of his career, so we will hopefully see him perform at an extremely high level, if only he can keep his constant unhappiness levels down a bit. Still, he is easily one of the best players the Kafra Youth Academy has ever produced, and we are lucky to still have him on our team.

Geraint Ward (2044), 23 Years Old: Does what he’s supposed to do when he’s called up to do it – cover for Hunter without mucking things up. Can’t ask for anything more from the Welsh international, really – 22 Games, 4 Assists, 2.08 TpG, 4.63 DpG, 6.83 AR, which are quite decent numbers for a back-up. He’s never going to be a permanent starter for us, but he is content with his playing time and I am content with his contributions.

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS

Daniel Friar (2045), 22 Years Old: So Friar has officially become the biggest malcontent I have ever had to deal with, eclipsing Matty York by a long shot. At least York still showed up for games when he was whining – this one missed training and games on a regular basis throughout the season. I do not know what the solution is – if I sell him, who do I replace him? He is the most technically gifted player on this team, invaluable to both club and country at his young age. In 35 Games, he registered 4 Goals, 10 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.44 TpG, 1.61 DpG, and 7.51 AR – and this is him being unhappy and upset and all that. I love his skill set, and I love his contributions in game – he pretty much carried us to the Euro Cup Semi-Finals with his sensational football on our European nights. If only he would focus on just football, we could have potentially the greatest player the Kafra Youth Academy ever turned out – now, it is just potential.

FORWARDS

John Robertson (2038), 28 Years Old - Career: Another season, another Premier League Top Goalscorer award for Kafra’s greatest player of all-time! In 34 Games, he registered 35 Goals, 3 Assists, 9 PoMs, 76% Pass Ratio, 3.73 DpG, 61% Shot Target (3rd in League), and 7.59 AR – there is not much more you can ask from a striker. It was his third straight 30+ Goals season, and at this point, he surely goes down as one of the finest strikers to ever grace the Premier League, and potentially Scotland’s greatest player ever. He is 17 Goals shy of an historic 300 Premier League Goals, so logic would say he is going to eclipse that barrier next season. I don’t really have much more I can say about him – he made the Premier League Select team, and remains probably our most important player. The team just plays different and feels different when he is out of the lineup.

HOT PROSPECTS

Lee Funnell (2047), 20 Years Old: He certainly has not progressed as we all had hoped – he is a poster child for the weak late 2040s Youth Intakes we had. Perhaps decent enough to be 4th or 5th choice CD, but nothing more than that, unfortunately. Lee Funnell Training Levels

Stuart Matthews (2048), 20 Years Old: He was my choice to replace Weston when he went down with injury, but I must say I was disappointed with how he played. In the 16 Games he played this season, he registered 6.71 AR to go with his 4.67 TpG. Unfortunately, it looks like neither he nor Funnell have developed into the type of player I need at CD. Stuart Matthews Training Levels

Bright Hagan (2048), 19 Years Old: He spent the year on loan at Everton in the Championship, where he had a decent season and, most importantly, played in 41 Games. He seems to be developing well – he is strong and he has good technical ability for his age. Whether he can get to our crop of CMs’ level remains to be seen, but he is trying. Bright Hagan Training Levels

Ken Duncan (2049), 18 Years Old: With the Kafra Youth Academy giving us so many strikers the past few years, Duncan might have some competition for the current No.2 spot in the lineup behind Robertson. With that being said, right now, he is easily the best of our young striker prospects, and actually did a decent job when called upon this year (16 Games, 6 Goals, 65% Shot Target, 7.18 AR). His development has been a tad on the slow side, but there is some noticeable improvements since he first broke into the first team. Overall, I would still rank him as our best prospect under 21. Ken Duncan Training Levels

Eddie Lucas (2049), 18 Years Old: Has had a couple of stints on loan, but nothing major. It is still too early to tell how good he is going to be, but my coaching staff are not too optimistic, giving him a 2+Black Star/5 for PA. He is 6’4, so naturally he is great in the air, but there is not much happening in terms of pace or strength. Eddie Lucas Training Levels

Jackie Neill (2050), 17 Years Old: My coaching staff are crazy about him – he gets almost a maximum 5/5 in PA from them. He has done in his first year with the first term in terms of attribute improvement – while he only had one substitute appearance all season long, his dedication in training was second to none. He actually is a very similar player to Duncan, and is the one most likely to compete with him for that No.2 striker spot and, eventually, the starting position. Jackie Neill Training Levels

Aaron Leigh (2050), 17 Years Old: The ’50 Youth Class gave us a couple of talented striker prospects, and Leigh was actually the one that that appeared – and scored twice – in 2 European games, making a name for himself with the Kafra faithful. My coaching staff are not quite as sold on him as there are Neill – giving him a 3.5/5 PA – but he definitely has the right skill set to be a good striker. Let’s see how he develops. Aaron Leigh Training Levels

YOUTH INTAKE

ggv6Ny.jpg

Outside of Watts, this was a terrible Youth Intake – there is no one who could potentially be even a backup. My coaching staff like Watts’ potential a lot, but I am not 100% sold. They liked Funnell and they liked Matthews, but neither of them is going to be a star CD for me, and I am afraid Watts will go down that same direction. That being said, I am more optimistic about Watts’ potential than the other too, but if he will ever develop to be better than Abel and Weston is a big question.

We have a good foundation to build on – the past two years, we have finished 2nd and 4th, respectively. However, and I never thought I would say, we have a few critical players that are getting to that point in their careers where we need to start training their replacements, and we just don’t have the talent behind them to do that. The most notable is Louis Miller down the left wing – he will be 34 by the time the season ends, and we don’t have a single respectable left winger to replace him. From the looks of it, we could be possibly going through Kafra’s first Golden Age, because once Miller, Robertson, York, and Hunter get up on the years, it is very unlikely their replacements are going to give us better seasons than those four gave us. Defensively, we remain vulnerable – our weakest positions and least talented players are found in the back, and that has been what other teams have taken advantage of the last few years.

We have had a lot of talent at the striker position in the last few Intakes – the ’50 and the ’49 Intakes produced three strikers that look like they could eventually be starters in the Premier League. Before that, we had gone through a bad run of Intakes, from the mid-2040s to the late 2040s. Right now, we are desperate need for winger talent – we no real good talent past the starters, and my left winger is now 33 years old! After that, our pressing need is at the CD position – while depth is not a problem, talent is.

5PnTxZ.jpg

gyYXdn.jpg

Auyfaj.jpg

BLhxGU.jpg

Nice update and Robertson and Friar are outstanding, Ive never seen someone with that type of record.

On another note, can't you retrain one of those strikers to become a makeshift winger/inside forward? Might be an option if it means you have a little bit of cover

New season about to start - we get a pretty tough qualifying draw for the Champions League. Celtic won 10 straight titles from 2035/36 to 2044/45, and from 2010 to 2045, they failed to win the title only 3 times! Recent years have been hard, though - their last title was in 2045, and last year they finished in 2nd Place.

Wdk2Rr.jpg

I guess Sheffield United were up for it - that draw kept them up!

Congrats on CL football again :thup:

Thanks! Yea, they were definitely motivated!

Really good season! nice to see you are doing so well.

Thanks so much for the comment!

Nice update and Robertson and Friar are outstanding, Ive never seen someone with that type of record.

On another note, can't you retrain one of those strikers to become a makeshift winger/inside forward? Might be an option if it means you have a little bit of cover

Robertson has definitely been one of my best performing FM players of all-time. I have already started training Jackie Neill - although his skill set isn't made for a winger, he might end up being too good to be a No.2 or No.3 striker. Lets see how he develops!

Just a question mate, when you started did you have enough youth players or did you struggle to have enough subs?

Hi lewis999 - I had enough youth players in my U21 and U18 teams, although I did make sure to click add Players to Playable team option.