Shoot Long...

Without doubt the most hated PPM in the game. I understand that certain players like to shoot from range, but the frequency of some of the elite players to continually shoot from the most ridiculous of positions is just baffling. Even with TI - work ball into box and PI shoot less, players are still taking random pot shots with plenty of support/options available. What stat also plays a part in this? Im going to assume Decisions? I know PPMs override most instructions, but there has to be a way of eliminating them from a players performance. I mean, in real life if a manager said to a player "i dont want you shooting from range, its destroying our attacking phases of play" then most players would stop (or reduce it).

Has anyone figured out a way to reduce/restrict the amount of long shots players take without removing the PPM?

Would you complain about it if they were scoring goals from range instead of throwing chances away? As far as attributes that assist long shots:

Composure

Decisions?

Technique

Maybe flair?

At best, given the way the game works, they'll put away 1 in 10. Given possibly 3-4 of those situations may have led to a goal if they didn't shoot long, yeah, id still complain! Save the bombs for the CL final please.

Yeah, its just making good footballers pretty much useless cause all they wanna do is shoot.

Without doubt the most hated PPM in the game. I understand that certain players like to shoot from range, but the frequency of some of the elite players to continually shoot from the most ridiculous of positions is just baffling. Even with TI - work ball into box and PI shoot less, players are still taking random pot shots with plenty of support/options available. What stat also plays a part in this? Im going to assume Decisions? I know PPMs override most instructions, but there has to be a way of eliminating them from a players performance. I mean, in real life if a manager said to a player "i dont want you shooting from range, its destroying our attacking phases of play" then most players would stop (or reduce it).

Has anyone figured out a way to reduce/restrict the amount of long shots players take without removing the PPM?

PPMs can be so useful and so destructive!

What role is the player in question playing on? I have a few suggestions once I know.

Okay, so they will be naturally more attacking minded straight away, do you have any individual instructions on them? (excuse the questions, your helping me figure this one out too :)

shoot less often. unfortunately "dribble more" is hard coded with the role

Archived