Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

We have had a january update for every release for a long time... in all likelyhood there will be a major update in january. What more do you want? What good comes from making promises that they might not be able to keep? Just play the game? I can't for the life of me see what is so broken that people can't play and enjoy it like the vast majority of users are.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all is it that bad if a predicted date would change? Sorry the patch is out a bit later (at least we know its coming soon). I would not think so.

Man I guarantee you this forum would be an absolute cluster **** if they did that.

We have had a january update for every release for a long time... in all likelyhood there will be a major update in january. What more do you want? What good comes from making promises that they might not be able to keep? Just play the game? I can't for the life of me see what is so broken that people can't play and enjoy it like the vast majority of users are.

the vast majority of users are normal players, who's here, it's at least look critically, know the difference between a tactical or technical error.

sometimes they seem exaggerated claims, but the truth is that sometimes we want a say is not as clear to you guys as it is for us (the complaint), mainly seemed to me as if we had boring you guys, but it's not.

How about the likes of Maldives, Tonga and American Samoa dominating the FIFA world rankings on FM Touch, while Brazil and Belgium quickly drop out of the top 100? That kind of ruins it for me.

I don't want to play the full guff version; I don't have much free time anymore, and I find the "interaction" tedious to be honest. FM Touch has just the right balance of features and depth, but I can't be having top sides failing to qualify for tournaments because they are grouped in with teams they should never be in groups with.

This bug was raised three weeks ago and it has still not been addressed. If this bug isn't deserving of a hotfix I don't know what is.

I dont want to start a whole 1 vs 1 discussion because this is not the place for it. I will respond on you this 1 time and then I will leave it. First of all is it that bad if a predicted date would change? Sorry the patch is out a bit later (at least we know its coming soon). I would not think so. Would it be bad if they released just the bug fixed they have ready on the date and maybe work with smaller patches? Again.. No I dont think so. You are only thinking in negatives when you can also think in positives. More time means a better product, but how you reach the "more time" does not really matter; it can be in smaller increments or it can be in one big bulky patch. It can also be announced and then shifted to another date when its not ready if you need the "more time".

Btw the past has shown multiple times that "more time" does not always mean a better product.

So yes call me a liar I would prefer 'inferior' smaller patches then the bigger ones; like every other game does.

The part about sensibility is purely personal. Yes I want a long term save to be perfect and for me regens and training them, and getting to 'know' them is one of the biggest aspects of the game. If they look weird/similair etc. Yes for me that is stopping me from playing a long term save and everyone might have other reasons to do that. For example there is also a bug in the Dutch leagues which f's up the scheduling so that you suddenly have all the matches on friday instead of saturday, sonday. Someone from SI has said this can only be fixed if you start a new game. What other problems will be there that can only be fixed when you start a new game, and how much will it influence your save game in the long run.

Regarding your "because games development", its hard to take such a statement serious so I am not going to respond to that. I am sure you know as little as game development as I do. I do know that other developers handle updates, patches and communication much better than: you will see when its ready".

And regarding your last point, I understand that there is not going to be a date and that is what is bothering me.. no date, no indication no communication. And for me that is an issue because it is stopping me from enjoying the full and 'correct' FM experience.

Why wouldn't you? Because I disagree with you? Because you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to tell you you're wrong?

Taking your points bulleted...

- Is it bad if a predicted date changes? To some people, probably not. To the less well adjusted, it would be chaos. If you can't see that...well, that's baffling.

- They're never, ever going to release in small chunks. That makes little sense, given that they'll go through tiny phases of development, testing and then releasing constantly. That works for small start-ups using a more agile methodology, but doesn't in this kind of situation. Believe it or not, the best way to deal with updates is the way they currently do it. They kind of know what they're doing, having been the market leader in their genre for years now.

- You say you'd prefer "inferior" smaller updates. So you'd be happy if they released something small, that introduced five bugs for every bug they fixed? Really?

- I'm "only thinking in negatives". Afraid not, I'm thinking in realism, given that I actually understand the software development process, and have a little common sense.

- No date can bother you for the rest of time, it isn't going to change. If you really want communication, go and talk to the devs in the bugs forum about the things that are bothering you, then wait for an update, like everyone else. Which will drop when it's ready.

- Apparently I understand development as much as you do. Hmmm...yeeeeah...

- "Because games development"...right, I'll expand on that. You questioned why SI can't make a bugless game. That's a ridiculous statement, which gets a ridiculous answer. Software has bugs. Software will always have bugs. It is impossible and unrealistic to expect them to be able to write a piece of software that works on every single configuration of every single system flawlessly.

- You say more time doesn't always mean a better product. So the solution is less time? Can't you see how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm sure these are all rhetorical, as you'd rather put your fingers in your ears about it, but genuinely interested in your thought process with this.

How about the likes of Maldives, Tonga and American Samoa dominating the FIFA world rankings on FM Touch, while Brazil and Belgium quickly drop out of the top 100? That kind of ruins it for me.

I don't want to play the full guff version; I don't have much free time anymore, and I find the "interaction" tedious to be honest. FM Touch has just the right balance of features and depth, but I can't be having top sides failing to qualify for tournaments because they are grouped in with teams they should never be in groups with.

This bug was raised three weeks ago and it has still not been addressed. If this bug isn't deserving of a hotfix I don't know what is.

Not necessarily that they don't deem it worthy of a hot-fix - although it could be that - could just be that they haven't fixed it to a reliable enough standard yet, hence it appearing like they've done "nothing". Has there been much communication on the bug thread?

How do I sort my unpicked players by position? It's infuriating trying to pick subs when they're all over the place!

Left click the picked position colum so that is sorted with keeper at the top then press and hold shift and left lick the position column. All your selected players are at the top and the unselected players are shown in position order below.

the vast majority of users are normal players, who's here, it's at least look critically, know the difference between a tactical or technical error.

sometimes they seem exaggerated claims, but the truth is that sometimes we want a say is not as clear to you guys as it is for us (the complaint), mainly seemed to me as if we had boring you guys, but it's not.

You seem to be suggesting I'm not a 'normal player' .. i'd love to hear the explanation on what you consider a normal player and why I am not?

Left click the picked position colum so that is sorted with keeper at the top then press and hold shift and left lick the position column. All your selected players are at the top and the unselected players are shown in position order below.

I love you!

Actually no I don't it doesn't work :(

I press left click the position/role/duty column and it sorts it with position order (little triangle pointing up). I pick my XI. I press shift and left click again but it just moves the XI to the bottom?

NVM I figured it out

Who did the research for Owls on this game?

We are supposed to have a Rich Owner In real life, So the game gives you £4 million yet spend a tiny bit of that and you go Into debt of 4 to 5 million over season and he wants you to finish mid-table.

Come 2nd season, In real life he want's promotion yet on this he want's you to finish mid-table again and doesn't give you a penny to spend and next to nothing wages. So I'm stuck with the same squad minus the loans who have now gone from Mid-table to 24th In league no matter what I try.

I thought this game Is supposed to be as close to realistic as you get. Because from where where I'm sitting It's gone backwards.

The only way you can win Is to cheat, By creating a tactic that computer can't read which also takes the fun out of It.

You seem to be suggesting I'm not a 'normal player' .. i'd love to hear the explanation on what you consider a normal player and why I am not?

no friend, is exactly what I'm talking about, much that is said are interpreted the wrong way, that question his now is a good example of misunderstanding. anyway, I have several friends who play FM and not see some bug "Inappropriate Offside" is already up review by you guys, they simply thought it was normal thing and that the judge was really bad, problems such as one-one goalkeeper, same thing, they thought that their strikers were bad or out of shape even going often, some players can not "see" that certain problems can be the fault of ME, that's what I meant.

no friend, is exactly what I'm talking about, much that is said are interpreted the wrong way, that question his now is a good example of misunderstanding. anyway, I have several friends who play FM and not see some bug "Inappropriate Offside" is already up review by you guys, they simply thought it was normal thing and that the judge was really bad, problems such as one-one goalkeeper, same thing, they thought that their strikers were bad or out of shape even going often, some players can not "see" that certain problems can be the fault of ME, that's what I meant.

Fair enough

Still no idea what you mean.

I'm watching the game on comprehensive, My player ratings are above 6.8, Body language and performance are all okay, Possession is 60/30 to me. I go 2-0 down to a couple of bog standard crossed goals. And of course it's the scorers' first ever goals for their clubs.

The lack of feedback from the ME is a huge turn off for me. It's like the player ratings are broken.

Just an observation

Player ratings are an indicator of how your players are performing up to that point.. not any kind of indicator on the match or the opposition as a whole,

Just because your players have ok ratings, doesn't mean they are doing what they need to be doing to win.

How many shots are you getting on target? where is that possession of yours coming from (which third of the pitch) How is the actual general play looking like in comprehensive? Are the opposition also getting shots on target and creating CCC?

These are the things to be asking yourself, not are my players getting better than average ratings themselves.

First days I didnt say anything because I thought it just found me but so many unrealistic things are happening in the game. My 3rd match in the league. Again one in a million. I am really tired of starting a new game again and again. First half Galatasaray 3 Gaziantepspor 0. Full time Galatasaray 3 Gaziantepspor 3 I crushed them the whole time/ Gala 28 shots 9 on target Gazi 3 shots 3 on target. In the previous FM games 2 or 3 teams I managed at most but in this one in 2 weeks I have managed 4 different teams. And guess what? In every first 3 games at most, there is always a game one in a million. You are losing to average team 7-1. I have conceded 3 goals in the first 14 minutes when I managed Karlsruhe. I think you guys have built the game more on 'Surprise' Lets give them more goals and more fun. Surprise is fine but not in every one of two games. You guys should have focused more on improvement. You didnt need to play with the fundamental structure of the game. I am sorry guys but this is the worst football manager ever. It is really far from the reality. This def has to be fixed for the update. If I have to say smth about this game, it is 'Calm down!'

Player ratings are an indicator of how your players are performing up to that point.. not any kind of indicator on the match or the opposition as a whole,

Just because your players have ok ratings, doesn't mean they are doing what they need to be doing to win.

How many shots are you getting on target? where is that possession of yours coming from (which third of the pitch) How is the actual general play looking like in comprehensive? Are the opposition also getting shots on target and creating CCC?

These are the things to be asking yourself, not are my players getting better than average ratings themselves.

Sensible reply...But with the current state of the ME all I've been seeing is repetitive sequences of the same attacks over and over again.

In the older versions you could tell which players were pacey, dribblers, good tacklers in 2d and 3d as well..... This year it feels so forced upon and limited that you need to look into the analysis tab every 10 seconds to find out why you conceded.

Anyways that's my feedback and at least we're not seeing any 7-5 scores anymore!!

I'm watching the game on comprehensive, My player ratings are above 6.8, Body language and performance are all okay, Possession is 60/30 to me. I go 2-0 down to a couple of bog standard crossed goals. And of course it's the scorers' first ever goals for their clubs.

The lack of feedback from the ME is a huge turn off for me. It's like the player ratings are broken.

Just an observation

They're getting decent ratings in a game but twice they have switched off and you're 0-2 down, it happens.

Look at their attributes, maybe they have poor concentration etc.

Just been sacked for the first time in Fm16 (I'm sure it won't be the last) but I feel a bit hard done by.

I was playing as Arsenal and was struggling in my second season and the board called me into a meeting. I asked for one more month to try and turn things around which they agreed to. In that month I won all five of my games and was still sacked.

I guess this isn't a bug but the meeting with the board should have been handled better.

Just been sacked for the first time in Fm16 (I'm sure it won't be the last) but I feel a bit hard done by.

I was playing as Arsenal and was struggling in my second season and the board called me into a meeting. I asked for one more month to try and turn things around which they agreed to. In that month I won all five of my games and was still sacked.

I guess this isn't a bug but the meeting with the board should have been handled better.

I would report that in the bugs forum and upload your save if you have it.

At the very least the meeting should have been clearer while the sacking does seem harsh with managers IRL rarely sacked when they are winning.

This whole discussion on mentality is saving my season atm. Been playing an attacking 4231 formation, but not creating chances at all. Trying both overload and attacking mentality and creating 0 clear cut chances when I'm 1.10 favourites to win is frustrating to say the least.

So after reading the comments above about defensive mentality actually meaning less risk, not actually playing for a draw, I though what the hell I'll give it a go. I've won 4 in a row (2-0, 1-0, 4-0, 2-0) with 3 of them being away games. The 1-0 being the Carling Cup with a full out b-team. We've created 2 to 6 clear cut chances in each game.

It makes absolutely zero sense to me as the in game description clearly states "Defensive - best employed in matches you are favourite to lose." - and we were huge favourites to win all 4 of those. But what ever works. Thanks!

Really wish the in-game descriptions were better though. :rolleyes:

I already posted this in the "what you'd like to see in future versions of FM" thread... although, just now I saw this thread so it fits better here.

I'd love to be able to be able to choose the scout who brings me the next opposition reports. Right now, when I create an assignment (even at the Assignments page of the scoud I want to scout the next opposition), the game automatically assigns a scout. Why not let me choose the same way I can pick who brings me reports from France?

Please, consider bringing this into the game as soon as possible. I imagine (and hope) it would not be that hard to do as the option already exists for other assignments.

I already posted this in the "what you'd like to see in future versions of FM" thread... although, just now I saw this thread so it fits better here.

I'd love to be able to be able to choose the scout who brings me the next opposition reports. Right now, when I create an assignment (even at the Assignments page of the scoud I want to scout the next opposition), the game automatically assigns a scout. Why not let me choose the same way I can pick who brings me reports from France?

Please, consider bringing this into the game as soon as possible. I imagine (and hope) it would not be that hard to do as the option already exists for other assignments.

It makes no difference to the report whichever scout is used.

This whole discussion on mentality is saving my season atm. Been playing an attacking 4231 formation, but not creating chances at all. Trying both overload and attacking mentality and creating 0 clear cut chances when I'm 1.10 favourites to win is frustrating to say the least.

So after reading the comments above about defensive mentality actually meaning less risk, not actually playing for a draw, I though what the hell I'll give it a go. I've won 4 in a row (2-0, 1-0, 4-0, 2-0) with 3 of them being away games. The 1-0 being the Carling Cup with a full out b-team. We've created 2 to 6 clear cut chances in each game.

It makes absolutely zero sense to me as the in game description clearly states "Defensive - best employed in matches you are favourite to lose." - and we were huge favourites to win all 4 of those. But what ever works. Thanks!

There is really nothing wrong with the descriptions of the strategies at all. I think people in general across the forum have a hard to understanding them and how to implement the strategies into their tactical outlook. I think they are very clear, and not only that - when viewing matches you always get those types of pop up advice like "we are getting shots at goal but they are too far out to make them count..." which are clear indications of what is wrong with your current strategy outlook. All of these things are actually trying to tell the Manager something and I must admit, I think the people down in the basement of SI towers are actually doing a great job and they deserve a lot more credit than they appear to be getting...

If it is the case that more cautious tactics do better against really poor opposition where you are 1.10 favorites to win at home - that doesn't have anything to do with the descriptions of the strategies but something else with this reality will be more worrying for the SI programmers. But rest assure, this is not the case - it is merely if your duties are actually attacking enough in the Attacking Strategy to actually make it an attacking tactic. If you have mostly support duties in an Attacking Strategy, then it will appear (anyway) to be more of a tactic in lines with Control or Standard behavior.

Duties, forward runs and roles all have to work in conjunction with your strategies - otherwise they will appear as something else than what's written on the tin... That should be easy to understand for everyone...

I have a suggestion for the next patch (it should be something really easy to fix).

In Football Manager only the players elected as Player of The Year by supporters are becoming Favourite Staff, Icons and then Legends. I think this is right because in reality also the players with good performance over the years (even if never as best player of the season) and many years in the club are at least Favourite Staff and/or Icons of the club. Legends I agree, should be only the very best players ever of the team. I give you some examples of players who have never been "Best Player of The Year" for their team but are Icons, without any doubt:

- Gary Neville (20 years in Man Utd, 400 matches played)

- Carles Pujol (19 years in Barcelona, 392 matches)

- Mauro Tassotti (17 years in AC Milan, 428 matches)

and many others...

It makes no difference to the report whichever scout is used.

That makes it even worse then. If anyone can do the job, it's really nonsense the game assigns my best scout to it automatically and takes the time he can use to bring reports on players from him.

43 hours into the new game and I'm done with it. The last pre-order I will ever make for the series. If I don't see considerable improvements in future demo's I won't be buying the game again, potentially...

Why? Match engine. It just gets worse and worse.

Goalkeepers:

Mess around with tactics, putting players into their 'correct' roles all you want but when you are constantly conceding goals due to 'bad goalkeeping' then there is nothing you can do. And what I mean by bad goalkeeping is not the goalkeeper being a bad player at all, nor getting bad game ratings for making mistakes. I mean

- Atrocious handling skills, positioning, diving angles. It's like watching them in Swan Lake sometimes. Facing the wrong way, pirouetting. Or diving early. Or diving way past the shot. Or just running straight past the ball without even going to ground. Or parrying it BEHIND them.

-... and to counter that, goalkeepers freezing after saving a shot. STILL we have not got scrambling or any response.

So you might think, don't watch it in 3D. Thing is, I never have. Except you cannot hide these issues even in 2D top down, for example. Shots will be conceded through the goalkeeper, so you think, maybe it went through his body. Quite realistic. Except no, because you watch a replay in the match engine and you see him for example taking a step back, trying to pick up the ball, and the ball flies through him at a rate of knots, as if he was made of jelly or something. Erm what? And as for the classic trying to save the ball with his feet from 25-30 yards....

As for everything else, how many times are you clean through and the player decides inexplicably to hold the ball up?

I don't see these things as patch issues, I see them as continual Match Engine issues. Things are just not good enough anymore. Totally shatters the illusion of anything you are trying to build in your head.

How were these chances created? Counter attacks ore patient build up passing moves?

Another mistake. All my opponents in Champions League Manchester United and Bayern Munich they never play their league games on the weekend oddly and all of their players play with %100 fitness while I am having difficulties with injuries and lack of fitness. Also there is always wrong scheduling. I always play games in 3 days which normally it has to be 4 days. You can search the fixtures of Galatasaray. So many wrongs....

So I am a little tilted here.

I am playing bundesliga and I am experiencing this weird issue I don't know how to solve. I am playing a lower-end club and have two tactics setup. Every time I face a stronger team I put my starting mentality at "Contain", and my defense line "deep". Guess what? Less than 1 minute into game my team already conceded a goal. This happened to me in older FM games as well, but it has been like that every game, literally. less than 1 minute into the game, 1 shot, 1 on target, 1-0, every ****ing time.

I understand this situation does happen occasionally, but frequent happenings are infuriating. There was one time I S/L'ed and wanted to try out what would happen if I changed tactics. It turned out that if I put mentality on anything up from "Counter", the number of shots would be 30 - 5 while possession around 60-40 (against Dortmund). I would suffer more goals as a result, but I felt better at least.

I don't understand how this is some real football, is there some clearer explanation how "Contain" mentality works? Starting tactics, I feel like, should not be game-deciding at all for most occasions, and I am too tired of getting my butt kicked in the first 5 minutes because I set up the wrong starting tactics - such reality.

Hopefully it is just that my team sucked. Other than that everything was good so far.

Contain is for defending a 5- to 15- minute block of time. I wouldn't use it from the start. Bad luck on the early goals, but you can't only defend for 90 minutes. All you do is make the big teams feel comfortable that they have 90 minutes to break you down and they don't have to worry about conceding.

So I am a little tilted here.

I am playing bundesliga and I am experiencing this weird issue I don't know how to solve. I am playing a lower-end club and have two tactics setup. Every time I face a stronger team I put my starting mentality at "Contain", and my defense line "deep". Guess what? Less than 1 minute into game my team already conceded a goal. This happened to me in older FM games as well, but it has been like that every game, literally. less than 1 minute into the game, 1 shot, 1 on target, 1-0, every ****ing time.

I understand this situation does happen occasionally, but frequent happenings are infuriating.

By setting contain and a very deep d-line you're basically inviting the opponent to come at you and have shots/score.

Contain isn't really a 'starting' mentality, more a see out the last few mins of the game kinda tactic.

I suggest you take a trip to the Tactics forum & have a read of some of the great stuff there about mentality and set up.

The correlation between injuries and what players are still able to do on the park is still off. I mean it's good that an in-game injury is now directly related to an actual injury after the game, but I'm playing a match right now where an opposition striker has a 'potential groin injury' but has still managed to sprint at full pace, leaving my defenders for dust. As someone who's had a groin injury in the past, this certainly would not be possible.

I'd like to see players actually struggling on the park when they have an 'orange' injury, limping etc, or even a noticeable reduction in their physical abilities. At the moment, the only indication the player has a knock at all is the little icon next to his name.

How often do you see teams scoring 3 after having a man sent off?

No idea, I don't have the exact data to hand, funnily enough. But I've seen enough games in real life to know that teams who go a man down are sometimes more difficult to beat than when they had eleven on the park.

If it's been your own team on the receiving end of this, and I'm assuming it is hence why you've posted, perhaps the fact that a team with ten men has outplayed you enough to score three times should be more of a concern than implicitly blaming the game.

There is a serious issue IMO with yellow cards leading to red cards. I have had 6 red cards and I am only in February!!! Aaron Creswell has three reds and Winston Reid with two. Hardly over aggressive players and on normal tackling. 58 yellows as well.

In my Sheff Wed save, I got through the first two seasons without a single red card. Are all the other teams in your league getting as many cards?

I have to say I am rather enjoying this years version much more then I did 2015. I find the menu rather easy to navigate, although finding the "jobs" area is a bit of a pain. I don't have a major problem with cards but injuries are a mite annoying. Other then that I am glad I got it this year, I was leary from last year but I am happy.

No, there are rarely red cards in my games, just observing results in the league between AI. An awful lot of wins by teams with red cards.

I think it needs context but its maybe something thats worth raising in the bugs forum for SI to evaluate.

How often do you see teams scoring 3 after having a man sent off?

Not regularly but it does happen:-

Wed 4th Feb 2004 - Tottenham vs Man City (FA Cup 4th Round)

Tottenham lead 3-0 at half time

Joey Barton sent off during half time - Man City down to 10 men

Man City score 4 goals in the second half to win 4-3

Archived