Using Prozone like... well... a pro.

What are you guys using prozone for and what is most effective?

For me looking at

With/without ball average positions understand the shapes

Overlaying shots and CCC/HC to see what CCC conversion is like (this should be a stat somewhere...)

Interceptions/tackles to check my defence

Anything good I may be missing?

I've fallen in love with the average positions now that they can be seen, helped tweak player roles if I've noticed my Adv. Playmaker is too close to the centre of the pitch and my right-sided CWB is too central.

Only other two I am using it for:

Passing to see if my central midfield are spraying the ball around to the wings as much as I'd like them to

Interceptions to see where we are making the interceptions. I prefer forcing the opposition to clear it long and then recycle it around the halfway line, this isn't possible if we aren't intercepting it around the middle of the park or winning headers there.

I've fallen in love with the average positions now that they can be seen, helped tweak player roles if I've noticed my Adv. Playmaker is too close to the centre of the pitch and my right-sided CWB is too central.

I actually found it interesting on FM14 to note that my B2B actually was higher up the pitch than my APs

it really lets you focus in on those specific roles (I wanted my playmaker to be pulling the strings, hard to do that sitting so deep)

The only thing I wish it could do is for you to be able to look at individual players side by side rather than team stats and compare them next to each other.

Currently you don't seem to be able to do this side by side on the analysis tab, but can for individual matches.

I also wish the match rating was included in the prozone along with pass, tackle % as I used to like to look at that and when praising/criticising players

Archived