Praising a players match performance FM16

What rating does a player need to achieve in a match to accept praise?

I just praised Schweinsteiger who achieved a man of the match and rating of 8.3. And he said his performance wasn't that good!

Are there any other factors I should be aware of when praising players? My reputation, relationship with player, player personality?

What did you praise him for specifically, and what was his stats in that area?

The interaction messages are specifically targeted towards stats.

In example if you say he was good at creating chances but he didn't have any key passes/assists in the last match, then he will not react well to it.

Same goes for praising his effort infront of the goal, his passing or his defensive work.

What did you praise him for specifically, and what was his stats in that area?

The interaction messages are specifically targeted towards stats.

In example if you say he was good at creating chances but he didn't have any key passes/assists in the last match, then he will not react well to it.

Same goes for praising his effort infront of the goal, his passing or his defensive work.

There were only 2 options, praise passing or chances created. I went with passes, not sure what his percentage was, but as his season average is close to 90% completed and he was Man of the Match, I'll assume quite high.

If what you say is correct, we need more options available to praise players for other things in the match. Like saying well done on man of the match award.

Yeah it only checks the last match. The interaction is 'praise last match' so that makes sense. Just be careful to check the stats for what you are praising him for. It's a bit arbitrary, I know.

You have a point. That's the only two options available for the CM and AM-positions, unless they score goals which unlocks a further option. But you can also do individual talks in the team talk. If a player get's POTM or a very good rating and you praise him passionately with the delighted option you occasionally get a news box item afterwards saying he's delighted with the support from his manager, or something like that, and I do believe this gives you a boost in the relationship with the player just like praising through interaction would.

Archived