Waiting for full game

I just wonder how many people are holding off starting their main career game until next Fri for full release? And if so, what your reasoning is for doing so.

I am waiting as I'm hoping changes will have been made to the transfer preferences of Dutch clubs. I'm also waiting for DB changes to be made for full release.

I'm also wondering this.

I have done one season with Shrewsbury Town and lost in play off final, was thinking of starting again for real once the full game comes out but is there actually any benefit in me doing that or should I just carry on? Seen a lot of people saying they are waiting so presumed it's key to wait for your main FM save.

I was going to wait to start and do some trial runs and stuff, but genuinely feel this has been the strongest beta so will probably keep on going.

Exactly this. Was planning on playing around with tactics etc until the full game came out, lasted all of two days before I started my proper game. Haven't found a reason to restart yet.

Every year I get the beta, have a snoop around at what's new and don't do anything else. The furthest I will go is to play 1 friendly.

For me, the game comes out on the 13th and that's when I start. Probably with West Brom as they are pretty much the only Premier League team I have not managed since I started playing this game with CM93!

I've poked around but ultimately I'll wait till release or sometime after. FM is such a huge time commitment for me that I have to be sure there's pretty much zero chance of stumbling on a game breaking bug that's save game persistent. Plus my intended save takes me a couple of leagues lower than the Conference North/South so I need to wait for the boffins to come up with the expanded league structure.

I like to look at it this way; This is still a testing period and right now the user base who got the game early is testing the game. Every year there are some fairly big game engine changes from early access to the full release so I like to wait simply to get the most full experience. Like others, I get the early access in order to poke around a little but the game does not actually start for me until it is official.

If you REALLY love your club, you have mental issues with this game.

So addictive. With its flaws but when its immersive its REALLY immersive.

Cant wait to take charge of my club and do what i think succesfull clubs of small countries should do : A great keeper, and a world class cheap South America pair of creator and striker (Leandro Paredes, Guido Vadala for example or Dario Conca and Carlos Fierro). All other squad players are soldiers, most of them homegrown. Because of lack of finances teams from larger leagues have. The team is solid at the back and the GK the AMC and the ST make the difference. Like Porto did with Mourinho (Baia - Deco - Derlei), Galatasaray in 2000 (Taffarel, Hagi, Sukur), or Panathinaikos in 1996 (Wandzik, Juan Jose Borrelli and Warzycha) when we have reached Semi Finals of Champions League and won Ajax away in our first leg semi final. Wish my board could see that this is the only way to glory (plus a talented coach) and do it IRL, until then, immersion glances in Football Manager. :p

Unfortunately i will have to wait for the main game due to 2 bugs/features that are not included in the Argentinian League that hopefully are included on release.

1 - 30th fixture derby... I could probably play without this being there, but it does detract from the immersion

2 - Liguilla Pre-Sudamericana missing - this I need in there as its a crucial part as to who makes Continental football each season

As such, ill faf about a bit no doubt, look at the league and team im going to be

Archived