Transfer preferences in editor

Boss

There are quite a few issues being raised re the transfer preferences of Dutch clubs in FM16 Beta, i.e. signing too many foreigners, which isn't realistic at all.

A member said that there was a way to alter a clubs transfer preferences in the editor (if this wasn't something that would be fixed for release), but having played around with the FM15 editor, I can't see how.

My apologies if this is a simple thing to do as I don't have an awful lot of experience with the editor.

Transfer preferences are located in the nation's properties, and they influence transfers for all the clubs in the edited nation. Any transfer preference is available instead for a single club, at least for what I know. To see transfers preferences for your nation, Netherlands, go to the left in your editor, choose "nations", search the nation, double click on it. In the left you can see three kinds of transfer preferences:

for the nation, for the region and for the continent. In the first screen, if you set a value from 1 to 20 to a certain nation, all the scouts with the netherlands nationality will have, in the game, a knowledge of this nation. You can set also a negative value of -1 if you want clubs can not buy at all players of a certain nation, while a value of -2 will assign a very limited transfer activity beetwen the two nations. You can set also a minimum age or a maximum age as limits for the transfer of players from the other nations (i.e. if you set a minimum age of 18, only players with an age over 18 can join the various teams).

Transfers for the region and for the continent will influence the activity for teams that have a reputation upper to "national", so teams that can search and purchase players out of the limit of their nation. Values are the same, from 1 to 20.

Archived