Trying to emulate Jorge Jesus Sporting CP Tactic (previous tactic of Benfica)

So i'm a Sporting Lisbon fan and i'm trying to emulate the Jorge Jesus style (that existed in Benfica) and now exists in Sporting CP.

https://i.gyazo.com/a7b2eb7784e94e0bd18271ae07aabd98.png

So in my idea JJ plays with with 2 PLC (IMO A TM on support and another more advanced in this case to suit Montero and Gutierrez i went with Trequarterista), he uses 2 Wingers that i placed in Support duty and in the midfield i went with DLP for organizing the game and defending and AP for attacking purposes (i might be very wrong here). Joao Mario \ Adrien \ Aquillani are very creative midfielders and William Carvalho a defensive midfielder that can set the tempo of the game.

On defense i went with WB because i want the ocassional overlap with the wingers and with Limited defender Cover and Stopper. The Stopper would like like a more retracted DM. (i might be very wrong here)

On the Instructions i went with Control \ Structured

https://i.gyazo.com/0080c31ffdf18d28f324f012c7fc6365.png

Shorter Passing \ Play out of defence \ Work Ball into the box and Pass into space for the wingers\Trequarterista movements also retain Possesion to control the game and Whipped Crosses bc of slimani.

This instructions is where i might be confusing my players.

What is happening is a tremendous inconsistency where i can win 3-0 or i can lose 3-0, sometimes i have 60% Possesion ( i actually had 80% possesion vs Fenerbache and tied 1-1) or i can have 40% possesion. Sometimes i barely have a shot, other times i shot alot!

Can anyone help me please :)

Well, considering that the Trequartista does not close down, it's a role JJ would never go for. Might be useful a more positional 9, and a second striker that would roam from his position to create space. The AP weakens your midfield, I would rather go for a MC (d).

Also, JJ was (is) more a 4132 than a flat 442, with the use of number 6 anchor and a Btb and the wingers in the midfield slot. And much more a counter, fast transitional style and never about retaining possession.

Let me give my input on this.

After 6 years rooting for that scumbag JJ :D I always thought how would Benfica be setup in FM.

His Sporting version is very much the same, unless you want to use João Mário as a RM like he did vs Benfica, but that's yet to be seen whether the regular option is a more traditional winger like Gelson or a more creative player like João Mário.

With that said, my basis would be: 4-4-2, attacking/control strategy, standard fluidity. (see the 12 step guide for fluidity selection)

GK: Patrício (GK-D)

RB: Pereira (FB-S)

CB: Oliveira (CD-D)

CB: Naldo / Ewerthon (CD-D)

LB: Jefferson (WB-A)

RM: Gelson (W-A)

CM: Adrien / João Mário (RPM-S)

CM: William (CM-D)

LM: Ruiz (WP-S)

ST: Teo (DLF-S)

ST: Slimani (TM-A)

Some players can have more than role, depending on who's playing. Some alternatives:

LM: Mané (W-S), changing LB: Jefferson to FB-A;

RM: João Mário (WP-S), changing RB: João Pereira to WB-A, CM: Adrien to CM-S, and possibly also LB: Jefferson to WB-S and LM: Ruiz to WP-A;

ST: Montero (DLF-S) and Teo (AF-A)

JJ's strength always laid on getting the best out of the players so it really comes down to managing the best roles for the players and the overall balance of the tactic.

As for TIs I don't like to over-complicate so I'd probably go with:

- close down more

- be more expressive

- roam from positions

Let me give my input on this.

After 6 years rooting for that scumbag JJ :D I always thought how would Benfica be setup in FM.

His Sporting version is very much the same, unless you want to use João Mário as a RM like he did vs Benfica, but that's yet to be seen whether the regular option is a more traditional winger like Gelson or a more creative player like João Mário.

With that said, my basis would be: 4-4-2, attacking/control strategy, standard fluidity. (see the 12 step guide for fluidity selection)

GK: Patrício (GK-D)

RB: Pereira (FB-S)

CB: Oliveira (CD-D)

CB: Naldo / Ewerthon (CD-D)

LB: Jefferson (WB-A)

RM: Gelson (W-A)

CM: Adrien / João Mário (RPM-S)

CM: William (CM-D)

LM: Ruiz (WP-S)

ST: Teo (DLF-S)

ST: Slimani (TM-A)

Some players can have more than role, depending on who's playing. Some alternatives:

LM: Mané (W-S), changing LB: Jefferson to FB-A;

RM: João Mário (WP-S), changing RB: João Pereira to WB-A, CM: Adrien to CM-S, and possibly also LB: Jefferson to WB-S and LM: Ruiz to WP-A;

ST: Montero (DLF-S) and Teo (AF-A)

JJ's strength always laid on getting the best out of the players so it really comes down to managing the best roles for the players and the overall balance of the tactic.

As for TIs I don't like to over-complicate so I'd probably go with:

- close down more

- be more expressive

- roam from positions

Ty for the reply...

I'm going to try this out first:

https://i.gyazo.com/043334ecafc0547da9e1998f04ed9765.png

with this:

https://i.gyazo.com/3cbe45ecf533b4b628678963fdd57df1.png

What do you think ?

I was working on it before the replies ;) if it doesn't work i will try your options :D

A half back and a regista can cause a big gap in the attacking midfield, because your AM will play as a striker. There is nobody to have the ball on central attacking areas. Try having one support role for one of the two forwards.

I've been doing some saves until January and testing some tactics out... The main problem i've been having in ALL the saves and tactics is that my STs hardly score goals...

I'm currently using this now:

014ce730ec089f113650a855140f7014.png

With this instructions:

623060fa29ced2238634412428d3d966.png

What do you all think ?

Archived