They lied about my budget!

Exactly the same situation that I had when Barca offered me the job in 2017. Turned out after I took the job they were in a lot in debt after several years of struggle and overspending on average players. It took me four years before I could spend significantly more than i received in transfer funds. I was annoyed at first having left a club I built up from the lower leagues but to be honest I enjoyed the challenge of sending my scouts out to get cheap prospects and rebuild the entire team.

Recovered now in 2024, mainly down to TV money and my balance is now at a healthy £150 million.

No debt - my balance is +£19.78m,but that is because I sold Bendtner for £24m to get some transfer funds but I still got shafted.

Zaragoza have won the league 3 years on the bounce so im just going to enjoy the challenge of taking it from them with no spending power!

Got a decent squad with a few quality young regens so should be possible.

this has happened to me just recently, started playing a LLM game with Chimney Corner in NI, when i signed my contract they said I had $7k a week wage budget, and since the club was spending just under $5k a week I thought great, room to sign a couple of freebies, but when i signed on the dotted line, my $7k budget became a $4.5k budget! So I was over budget and had a minimal squad.

wasn't happy jan!

No debt - my balance is +£19.78m,but that is because I sold Bendtner for £24m to get some transfer funds but I still got shafted.

Zaragoza have won the league 3 years on the bounce so im just going to enjoy the challenge of taking it from them with no spending power!

Got a decent squad with a few quality young regens so should be possible.

So you were in debt at the start then, get enough money and it'll rebalance itself. :)

Archived