The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Mini Update - I have decided to leave Europe and try my skills in another continent for the first time taking on Brazilian giants COR.  I have no idea who they are or any other three letter team in the division for that matter.   They were in 7th when taking over and despite winning the first 6 games, we still managed to finish 7th and miss out on Copa Libertradores.   

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

Mini Update - I have decided to leave Europe and try my skills in another continent for the first time taking on Brazilian giants COR.  I have no idea who they are or any other three letter team in the division for that matter.   They were in 7th when taking over and despite winning the first 6 games, we still managed to finish 7th and miss out on Copa Libertradores.   

Corinthians, maybe? You can fix names during a save. Just make sure you copy and delete files in the right version (2030) of the game.

Just for a moment I had thought Scott's son had turned up in the youth team of AC Milan. Unfortunately they're not related which is probably for the best as he's absoloutely trash. Also would have meant Scott had been a busy boy when he was 18.  

Williams.thumb.png.293ba937d2663586580f5d3087c57fe7.png

Edited by bjwphneb

On 13/02/2020 at 16:50, Britrock said:

@Crowy Did you keep track of your club by club stats (win/loss/days in charge etc) yourself or are they hidden away in game somewhere? I had a quick look through my history but couldn't find anything as detailed as that

apologies for late reply had some irl stuff going on, I keep track of my stats on my profile > my history > overview and update the stats each time before I leave a club.

1072065d6d3200b953db93.png

Athletico Paranaense

Club Overview ~ Finances ~ League Table ~ Squad

My next step of the journey takes me to Brazil, I wanted the Sao Paulo job originally, after my interview waas unsuccessful this job came up and I quite liked the idea of managing in Brazil. There were some great jobs in Europe available too which would of been good 2-3 season projects but after what happened at Wolves I wanted to go back abroad for now. I've been away from my save for a while so Wolves sacking me has actually probably kept my interest in this save as I hate returning to a save where you're at a team a few weeks later and having no idea who anyone is, so that is the only positive.

Being sacked by Wolves still hurts though...

4 hours ago, Crowy said:

apologies for late reply had some irl stuff going on, I keep track of my stats on my profile > my history > overview and update the stats each time before I leave a club.

No problem, hope all is well. Thanks for letting me know, seems silly that the game doesn't track this kind of thing for us already. 

Wow, this is the most insane game I think I've ever played on FM. For most of the game we were pretty terrible and deep into stoppage time I was convinced we were going to lose, but somehow going very attacking with everything turned up to 11 we managed to equalise in the 97th (!!!!) minute to take the game to extra time. Extra time was a whole load of nothing as usual, but then in the 119th (!!!) minute we scored the winner. River Plate Montevideo must be absolutely sick! That's another domestic cup ticked off the list, I'm up to 4 now with 8 pieces of silverware in total.

image.thumb.png.c78a21e189c63460afbf285ee8d34476.png

Scott Williams End of Season Review

AC Milan 2032/33

Badge.png.a8abf197e05c53677b57267e9959e454.png

League Table | Results 1 2 3

First full season in Italy and Scott can't have too many complaints. Milan finished 6th place in each of the last two seasons on 67 and 68 points, so this seasons haul of 80 points was a vast improvement. Unfortuantely it was only enough for 2nd place as Inter picked up both the league and cup double, not quite being able to win the UCL for the illustrious treble. 

Once again though, Scott has struggled with drawing too many games. 11 in total this season so there is definitely room for improvement still. They did only lose four games in the league taking Scott's AC Milan loss count to 8 games from 56 matches. 

In the Coppa Italia, Milan got knocked out, rather dissapointingly, in the first round propper to Udinese who eventually got relegated. Over in the Eruopa League, Milan were handed a fairly easy group with Lille being the only team of note. They made it past Arsenal in the second round (Group winners go straight into R2) before losing to the holders Watford, who eventually went on to win it again. Having won it in 2031 that was probably Scott's best chance of winning Europa as unless he finishes 3rd in the UCL will most likely not play in it again. 

The finances aren't in great shape with the club losing about 7 million a month. As such the board have only granted a budget of 15 millon and with that all going on a new GK as a 34 year old Donnarumma looks for a new challenge. One thing I've noticed when you add new leagues midway through a save is that some really bad teams end up with absoloute mahcines on tiny wages whilst the supposed big clubs have some awful players on high wages. For example Arturo Pata £145,000 p/w and has managed a 6.8 avg rating whilst on loan to the serie B. Other players are on 60k + and are also just sat in the U23s seeing out there deals. Hopefully as these players get released the finances should improve. 

The rest of the playing squad is kind of average, a lot of players performed well at the start of the season and then jsut dissapeared in the middle. The strikers really struggled to consitently score Piersen was signed for 47mil managed 7 in the league, Culum signed for 28 mil only got 6. Silva scored 16 but he would go three games without scoring and then score a hat trick so could easil have had 30. A player who Scott signed for Bournemouth joined on loan in January and is probably the best player I've ever seen on the game. He's only 20, was injured for half the time he was at Milan, played 6 games scored 2 goals from 30 yards, a 7.78 avg rating and bournemouth want 160 mil for him (Scott signed him for 1.4mil) what could have been.

Manager Profile

Scott is continuing to make a name for himself, 85% reputation and rising. He's second on the South Africa hall of fame, being pipped by arch rival Benni Mcarthy. Scott's now fluent in 4 new languages; Spanish, Portuuese, Russian and Italian.

He's yet to win a club competition since leaving Velez back in 2030 so hopefully he can get another league and cup double to chip away at the total

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed: 8
Nations Managed: 5
Trophies Won: 12
Runner Up Medals: 6
Manager of the Year: 3
2022, 2026/27, 2029, 2030 (Winner) | 2020, 2025/26 (Runner up)
Number of Sackings: 2 (Kaizer Chiefs, Suwon)

Career Earnings: £13.5 Million
---------------------------------------------------

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera Div B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
2021	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	7th	R2	-	R1	-
2022	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	1st	Won	-	R1	-	Domestic Double, MOTY
2022/23	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	17th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2023/24	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	15th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2024/25	ARG	CA Union	Superliga						Resigned End of Phase 1
2025/26	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	2nd	RU	Won	-	-	KO Cup Winners RU in other Comps
2026/27	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	3rd	RU	R1	Won	-	Champions League Winners, MOTY
2027	KOR	Suwon		K League 1	7th		-	QF	-	Joined July in 5th, Sakced September 15th
2027/28	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	-	-	-	-	Joined December in 8th
2028/29	ARG	Velez		Superliga	1st	Won	-	QF	-	Domestic Double
2029/30	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	Won	-	Won	-	Copa Libertadores and Copa Argentina Winners, won both Supercups MOTY
2030/31	ENG	AFC Bournemouth	Premier League	9th	R3	R2	-	-	Somehow won Superliga manager of the year for 2030
2031/32 ITA	AC Milan	Serie A		6th	-	-	-	-	Joined with 7 games remaining U18s won the legaue and cup
2032/33	ITA	AC Milan	Serie A		2nd	R1	-	R3 UEL	-	
----------------------------------------------------

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note
2023	Honduras	67th	-		-		Relegated from Nations League
2024	Honduras	72rd	-		-		Qualified for Gold Cup 2025
2024	Russia		42nd	-		-		2nd in NL Div B	
2026	Russia		30th	-		2nd Rnd v SUI	Topped Group, Lost to Switzerland
2027	Nigeria		12th	RU		-		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned as manager
2031	Guinea-Bissau	53rd	Won				AFCON Winners
2032	Portugal	 3rd	Won		-		European Championship Winners
-----------------------------------------------------
Challenge Progress
2/10 Leagues 		(Chile; Curico Unido 2022, Argentina; Velez 2028/29)
3/10 Cups		(Copa Chile; Curico Unido 2022, RSA Telkom KO; Kaizer Chiefs 2025/26, Copa Argentina; Velez 2028)
2/5  Continental	(Africa; Kaizer Chiefs 2026/27, South America; Velez 2029)
0/1  Worlds

2/5 Continental 	(AFCON; Guinea-Bissau 2031, EUROS; Portugal 2032)
0/1 Worlds

Total 
9/32

150px-Nigeria_Football_Federation_crest.

2027 AFCON review - Nigeria

We went in to the AFCON as the favourites and the highest ranked team in the continent. Here's the story of the 2027 AFCON, starting with the group stages

Spoiler

We had a favourable group, with DR Congo, Congo and Mozambique and managed to negotiate it fairly easily. We scraped past DR Congo 1-0, played in the game of the tournament against Congo which finished 3-3 and then comfortably beat Mozamibique 2-0 to go through as group winners

image.thumb.png.d6f9cca7fb5ae8a64fbe3cb484b0856f.png

Potential second round review

Spoiler

In the second round we got Sierra Leone, one of the easier draws, and they were fairly comfortably dispatched 3-0

image.thumb.png.e8ad428b05905db28a922fc1650f5dc3.png

Potential quarter final review

Spoiler

In the quarter final we got the home team, Ivory Coast. We were totally outplayed and only kept in the game by our GK, who won GK of the tournament, with a string of saves. We somehow made it through to extra time where again we were outplayed. Then in the 121st minute we chucked a deep free kick into the box and Ojo rose highest to nod the ball in and send us into the semi finals. My late goal luck strikes again!

image.thumb.png.96de9791f388eeede6e94b4ff6647c38.png

Potential semi final review

Spoiler

In the semi finals we drew Egypt and because it was 3-4 days after an epic extra time battle against the Ivory Coast, all my first choice players were knackered. I had to rotate 8-9 players as everyone was on < 80% still! They thoroughly outplayed us for the first 40 minutes until I made a minor change to our system from a 3142 to a 3412. This seemed to help as we took control of possession from here on out and ended up winning 3-0 at a canter

image.thumb.png.a295ab07ba71401ff9494cf92c5d22ed.png

Potential final review

Spoiler

The final was against Tunisia. They're 38th in the world, we're 14th. It was a fairly even affair, but I never really felt in trouble like I had in the two previous games. A fairly early goal from Eleke meant we didn't have to stretch ourselves particularly. There were a few scares but we pulled it off, winning the AFCON at the first attempt! They'll be dancing in the streets of Abuja tonight!

image.thumb.png.a9cfa9175e660e7afb4c26af9ce71042.png

image.thumb.png.957d060c316816d59493f081c623ad2b.png

image.thumb.png.e627c4994302d7a1e80a7ca6c831566c.png

Spoiler

Iwobi won the golden boot, Uzoho won the golden glove and 5 players made the dream team.

image.thumb.png.372f21903df715fc0f0496a3fe9ef845.png

image.thumb.png.5f66461aa84f60fa5e7085f04270af71.png

image.thumb.png.d3d8aac22a64ba4570811e803f74dc21.png

With this victory and the Intermedio win in Uruguay I'm now up to 6/32, almost a fifth of the way there!

image.thumb.png.e4e7fd0d1677541190f766abe9fdc29f.png

Manager : Patrick van Dijk

Date of Birth : 14 January 1999

Nationality : Dutch

Coaching badges : None

Past Playing Experience : Sunday League Footballer

Employed : Unemployed

Game set-up:

Africa : South Africa

Asia : Australia, China, South Korea

Europe : Denmark, England, France, Germany, Holland, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Scotland, Spain, Sweden

North America : Mexico, USA

South America : Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Uruguay

Of all these countries, I will use only the 2 highest divisions (if more are available). Except for England I will load all available divisions. So as a result, I will load 53 leagues from 23 nations with a large database.

I will use the winter update with all the winter transfers.

Edited by Patrick69
**fighting with line-height**

Season 2019-2020 : FC HALIFAX TOWN (Vanarama National League)

I have signed a contract for 7 months at the Shay. At the moment FC Halifax Town is at spot 20 in the Vanarama National League ( played: 22 / points 23). Still the goal for this season is to finish mid-table. So that means a lot of work has to be done as currently we are very close to a relegation spot.

It was a difficult season as we were not able to get away from spots near relegation zone. We especially had problems to score goals. At the end of the season we were at spot 18 with a total of 50 points and avoided relegation.

We reached the FA Trophy Finals on Wembley but ended up as the runners up as we lost the match by penalties.

Though it was a dificult season and there were moments that I thought that I would be sacked, I was offered a 1-year contract. I decided to accept this contract and stay another year at the Shay.

Personal Achievements

------------------------------------

Clubs Managed        :  1

Trophies Won           :  0

Manager of the Year : 0

Career Earnings       : € 24.500

Licences                   :  National C Licence (May 2020)

Club Career

Season      NAT     Club                          Division      Pos      Cup                                 Things To Note

2019-20     ENG     FC Halifax Town       VNL           18th     FA Trophie - Runners      Started after 22 matches; Avoided relegation

Challenge Progress

Club

0 / 10 Top Domestic Leagues

0 / 10 Top Domestic Cups

0 / 5 Contintantal Cups

0 / 1 Club World Cup

International

0 / 5 Continental Tournaments

0 / 2 World Tournaments

Edited by Patrick69

Bildresultat för ajax

AFC Ajax - 2031/32 report

A very good season saw Ajax reclaim domination over the Netherlands, winning both the league and the cup. The total of 83 points was a new league record. The Euro Cup II didn't really go to plan though, as we lost on aggregate in the 2nd knockout round to Legia Warzawa. Looking forward I'm thinking that I will stay here until a good job becomes available.

Manager Profile

Season Review

League Table

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th
2020	     Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                QF    	     Group Stage	-		    National C licence	
2021         Magni	      Iceland            1. delid karla   5th 	 	     R32  	     SF			-		    National B licence, resigned after last game
2022	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     Group stage     -                  -                   Got my first international job, National A licence	
2023	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     QR2             -                  -                   Continental C and A licence      
2024	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden   	         Division 1 north 1st                Won in QR2      -                  -                   -     	    
2025	     Hammarby FF      Sweden	         Allsvenskan      1st                Group stage     -                  -                   Continental Pro licence
2026	     Guangzhou E.     China              Chinese Super L. 1st                R16	     -                  -                   -
2027         Guangzhou E.     China		 Chinese Super L. 2nd                R16             -                  Winners             Won the supercup as well
2027/28      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 10th               -               -                  -                   Won the supercup
2028/29      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 1st                R16             -                  -                   - 
2029         Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 6th*               Winners         -                  SF                  *left manager position after 17 games 
2030/31	     CF Monterrey     Mexico		 Liga Bancomer MX 13th*              Group stage     -                  -                   *finished 7th and lost in QF in 1st phase, left manager position after 14 games of 2nd phase
2031/32	     AFC Ajax	      Holland		 Eredivisie       1st		     Winners         -                  -                   -       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022         Haiti           -			-		 -
2023         Nigeria         AFCON		R16		 Sacked after AFCON
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

4/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Sweden, China, Argentina, Holland)
 2/10  Top Domestic Cups (Argentina, Holland)
 1/5   Continentals Cups (Asia)
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

160px-Logo_of_Club_Nacional_de_Football.

Club Nacional de Football - 2027 end of season review

2027 will probably be the most successful season I'll ever have during this challenge. I won the AFCON with Nigeria, but in club management I won the Super Cup, Intermedio and Primera Division with Nacional. We dominated the first half of the league - winning 14/15, scoring 36 and conceding 3 (two in the game we lost). Then we sold our star MC and his replacement mid-season and our star RB's loan ended. In the second half we weren't as consistent, and at one point I had 5 MC/AMC injured or suspended, but we'd already done enough in the first half to get through to the playoffs. We played Defensor, who bossed the closing stage of the league, and lost in the playoff. Luckily as winners of the average points (from the past two seasons) we'd already qualified for the championship playoff where we played Defensor over two legs. We battered them 5-2 in the first leg and held them off for a 2-1 loss in the second leg to win 6-4 overall and claim the title.

image.thumb.png.3d85125e1a5062fc951fd0ea7ad60b37.png image.thumb.png.83608aff1de285f71f71cb34fee6d6fd.png

image.thumb.png.d43ccab7921df0ed699400584fd004a8.png image.thumb.png.1a8e6c02e1e39fa4800b719c22affa02.png

image.thumb.png.a79196346ea196a4b7ab4d865dc3a2aa.pngimage.thumb.png.887583fc14c07b34a92a93ddab8b77e1.png

image.thumb.png.f1951fce8f93581f5d0121670108e276.pngimage.thumb.png.984336518dce3e1e22050ad2bf22e363.png

The Intermedio is part cup, part league (the Uruguayan league is weird and hard to understand). We won our group and played River Plate Montevideo in the crazy final I mentioned earlier with the 97th minute equaliser and 119th minute extra time winner

image.thumb.png.3d2758fb9cfe8b85f54fa659de9f75c6.pngimage.thumb.png.36d9f9bbfb8ad91b71717ac01b9fec9f.png

In the Copa Libertadores we massively over performed what I expected. Colombian side Independiente Santa Fe were dispatched first in qualifying, only to then draw Cruzeiro in the next round. We lost 3-2 at theirs but beat them 1-0 at home to go through on away goals. We drew a tough group with Gremio, Danubio and Talleres de Cordoba and I fully expected to go out here and end up in the Copa Sudamericana but in the second half of the group we beat Gremio and Talleres and actually won the group. For our achievements we got ... Santos. We held them 0-0 at their ground but went out on away goals after a 2-2 draw at home. Respectable but still disappointing.

image.thumb.png.a16fef9293b57bb25a4596dad0a4b6bf.png

Having "completed" Uruguay, I'm already looking to move on. The Flamengo job has come up in Brazil and I've applied, that would give me a real shot at the Libertadores and allow me to move on from my South American adventure!

image.thumb.png.21686b82a298ba5ca97a77b389599bcd.png

Edited by Britrock

(FM 2020)

I stumbled upon this from a reddit comment and have taken the plunge. I got my first job at Kitchee in Hong Kong. They are a team with a strong championship pedigree but their last manager drove them into the ground before getting fired. I took them over at 9th place and was only able to make it back to 7th place. 

was however able to shithouse my way to the FA Cup. Of the three games, I won 1-1 on penalties, 0-0 on penalties, and then the Final was 1-0. We didn't play beautiful soccer but trophies last forever. Winning the Cup earned me an extension to my contract for an extra season but I'm tasked with winning the whole league for 2020.

Trophy Count

image.thumb.png.11e519e12335bc0be76aa4d948e193a1.png

Yearly History

image.thumb.png.11c7c111bec750c3c5e4c1dd3122f275.png

On 17/02/2020 at 21:56, ryanlion28 said:

Been gone for ages, this was my first save and found the training and stuff a bit overwhelming having been so used to my long term FM14 save where it was a lot easier.. But came back today

image.thumb.png.5f47e6c750149617d2ca346df65bb70f.png

The team is just awful, my tactics are awful, I'm gonna get sacked cos there's no way i'm winning 2 games, so i'm just going to resign.

Awful start to the save but i'll take a job in the Welsh league or something now hopefully, just want to start a fresh.

Disaster.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2019      Geylang                  Singapore PL                     6th       Prelim, Group Stage        NA            Took over after we were out of Singapore Cup, 7th in league

2020      Geylang                  Singapore PL                     8th       Prelim, NA                   NA       Resigned after 14 games to avoid sack

Said i'd go to the Welsh league or something, turned out there was a couple of jobs available at pretty lowly Premier League clubs, thought i'd start from the bottom and take on the Cefn Druids role.

Their expectations are mid table but the interesting thing about this was on the day I joined i had a europa league qualifier, they managed to win a european place playoff last season. They had already lost the away leg to  Faroese side 2-1 but i managed to put an XI together on the day to win 3-1 in the 2nd leg and go through. The next stage was the first qualifying round where i lost to Icelandic side IA 4-1 away and drew 2-2 at home, expected result but this was a decent start to my career in Wales.

The league took a while to get going as i hadn't really sorted my squad out, it was only halfway through the season where things picked up and I ended up in 6th place which the board were happy with.

There are 2 cups in Wales,  the Nathaniel MG Cup and the Welsh Cup, Welsh cup being the bigger of the 2, i managed to get to the final of the Nathaniel cup before falling short v Welsh 'giants' TNS 4-1.

I was looking now to go on a cup run in the Welsh Cup and this was looking good as I had a lower league team in the Fourth Round but they stunned me 4-1.

Honestly next season i'm hoping for top 3 now I have some players I want, still yet to achieve anything on this challenge but i'm a slow player and at least im enjoying the game a bit now

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2019      Geylang                  Singapore PL                     6th       Prelim, Group Stage        NA            Took over after we were out of Singapore Cup, 7th in league

2020      Geylang                  Singapore PL                     8th       Prelim, NA                   NA       Resigned after 14 games to avoid sack

2020/21   Cefn Druids              Welsh Premier                    6th        Final, 4th Round            1st Qualifying Round

P.S, does anyone know how to do the collums at the bottom where you put your season summaries better? I'm just pressing spacebar and going across so it really isn't aligned well as you can see, help would be appreciated!

10 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Said i'd go to the Welsh league or something, turned out there was a couple of jobs available at pretty lowly Premier League clubs, thought i'd start from the bottom and take on the Cefn Druids role.

Their expectations are mid table but the interesting thing about this was on the day I joined i had a europa league qualifier, they managed to win a european place playoff last season. They had already lost the away leg to  Faroese side 2-1 but i managed to put an XI together on the day to win 3-1 in the 2nd leg and go through. The next stage was the first qualifying round where i lost to Icelandic side IA 4-1 away and drew 2-2 at home, expected result but this was a decent start to my career in Wales.

The league took a while to get going as i hadn't really sorted my squad out, it was only halfway through the season where things picked up and I ended up in 6th place which the board were happy with.

There are 2 cups in Wales,  the Nathaniel MG Cup and the Welsh Cup, Welsh cup being the bigger of the 2, i managed to get to the final of the Nathaniel cup before falling short v Welsh 'giants' TNS 4-1.

I was looking now to go on a cup run in the Welsh Cup and this was looking good as I had a lower league team in the Fourth Round but they stunned me 4-1.

Honestly next season i'm hoping for top 3 now I have some players I want, still yet to achieve anything on this challenge but i'm a slow player and at least im enjoying the game a bit now

CLUB MANAGEMENT

2020/21   Cefn Druids              Welsh Premier                    6th        Final, 4th Round            1st Qualifying Round

P.S, does anyone know how to do the collums at the bottom where you put your season summaries better? I'm just pressing spacebar and going across so it really isn't aligned well as you can see, help would be appreciated!

If you type it up in notepad. Use the tab key rather than space bar to separate columns. Then copy and paste to code when posting. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Athletico Paranaense 2029

Manager Profile: Crowy 2030

Key Players: Eltinho ~ Huracio Russo ~ Kevin Labbozzetta ~ Arther Aubert ~ Rafinha

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

10242371cda15677b820e8.png

Board Expectations: Challenge for Seria A Title | Runner Up

League Table

Results One ~ Results Two

This was an extremely frustrating league campaign, we certainly had the squad depth at the begining of the season to challenge on all three fronts for competitions towards this challenge. As the season went on though our team just got depleted due to foreign transfer windows opening and players wanting to leave, looking back I should of stood my ground and kept the players for one season to try and achieve my goals before allowing them to leave. We still had the quality in our first team certainly to still go on and win the title, a loss late in the season to Flamengo gave them the advantage. They did go on to slip up again allowing us to go back on top with a win against Sao Paulo with one game remaining, we were unable to capitalize. Then on the last day of the season Flamengo drew meaning we just needed a win to claim the title and we well and truly bottled it... Overall frustrating season, due to the player pool available to us as well I may look to move on. I think more players will want to leave and there just isn't the quality around to replace them, it is now World Cup year too so I may just have a rest without a job until then.

1024151407b84cabc719fc.png

Board Expectations: Reach Semi Final | Lost in Semi Final

Results

We had been drawn a comfortable group with only really Independiente being a fairly difficult team, so I was happy with out group. We then went on to play Boca Juniors in the 2nd Round and once again dispatched them fairly comfortably with a 4-1 win over two legs. In the quarter finals was our biggest challenge and rivals throughout majority of this season having beat us in the FA Cup Semi Final and went on to pip us to the league in the end we had Flamengo. We managed to get a tight lead to take in the away leg winning the home leg 3-2, the away goals was an issue though. In the away leg we went in at half time 2-0 down, I mad a few adjustments give the team a bit of encouragement and we went on to draw the game 2-2, which put us through 5-4. In the semi's I was quietly confident we had been comfortable in most of our games against Gremio so far this season, in the away leg we went down to 9 men! We managed to come out with a 2-1 loss with an away goal I was happy. In the home leg we started massively on the front foot dominating the first half, however they managed to steal a goal on the stroke of half time, we managed to pull one back second half but it wasn't enough to make the comeback again.

CLUB PROGRESS

1538246458_CareerProgress.thumb.png.06f05d75fc6514d8af81ae7a46026a64.png

INTERNATIONAL PROGRESS

360829509_InternationalProgress.thumb.png.91cf8f7b1266543a8d5152121cc79362.png

On 28/02/2020 at 14:34, Britrock said:

The Intermedio is part cup, part league (the Uruguayan league is weird and hard to understand). We won our group and played River Plate Montevideo in the crazy final I mentioned earlier with the 97th minute equaliser and 119th minute extra time winner

That's leaving it late! 

Looks kinda like the Portuguese League Cup, except instead of four groups feeding into semi finals, the group stage has more matches and narrows it all the way down to the final. 

16 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

Yeah, I gave up on formatting with that thing. Putting it in excel (or similar), then taking a screenshot of relevant portion(s) seems the way to go. 

2 hours ago, Crowy said:

This was an extremely frustrating league campaign, we certainly had the squad depth at the begining of the season to challenge on all three fronts for competitions towards this challenge. As the season went on though our team just got depleted due to foreign transfer windows opening and players wanting to leave, looking back I should of stood my ground and kept the players for one season to try and achieve my goals before allowing them to leave. We still had the quality in our first team certainly to still go on and win the title, a loss late in the season to Flamengo gave them the advantage. They did go on to slip up again allowing us to go back on top with a win against Sao Paulo with one game remaining, we were unable to capitalize. Then on the last day of the season Flamengo drew meaning we just needed a win to claim the title and we well and truly bottled it... Overall frustrating season, due to the player pool available to us as well I may look to move on. I think more players will want to leave and there just isn't the quality around to replace them, it is now World Cup year too so I may just have a rest without a job until then.

Brutal! No one wanted to win it. 

2 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

That's leaving it late! 

Looks kinda like the Portuguese League Cup, except instead of four groups feeding into semi finals, the group stage has more matches and narrows it all the way down to the final. 

Yeah, it was an insane game that I couldn't quite believe at the time!

To explain the Uruguayan league (as best as I can!) - the teams who finish in odd numbered positions in the opening stage go into one group for the intermedio and the teams in even positions go into the other. They all play once and the top teams play in the final. Those 7 group games are then added to the opening and closing leagues to make the overall table. 

The winners of the opening and closing stages play in the playoff with the winner playing the team who's top of the overall table in the championship playoff over two leg. If the winner of the playoff is also top of the overall table then there is no championship playoff and they're just crowned winners. 

Relegation is done using a points per game average over the past 2 seasons with the bottom 3 teams relegated. 

Simple. :idiot:

3 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Yeah, it was an insane game that I couldn't quite believe at the time!

To explain the Uruguayan league (as best as I can!) - the teams who finish in odd numbered positions in the opening stage go into one group for the intermedio and the teams in even positions go into the other. They all play once and the top teams play in the final. Those 7 group games are then added to the opening and closing leagues to make the overall table. 

The winners of the opening and closing stages play in the playoff with the winner playing the team who's top of the overall table in the championship playoff over two leg. If the winner of the playoff is also top of the overall table then there is no championship playoff and they're just crowned winners. 

Relegation is done using a points per game average over the past 2 seasons with the bottom 3 teams relegated. 

Simple. :idiot:

Ok, that's entirely too complicated. Seems like they took a little bit from everywhere, mashed it together, and said, "look how creative we are!" 

180px-Club_Am%C3%A9rica_crest.svg.png

Club America - 2028 end of season review

So after winning everything in Uruguay I was looking to be on the move fairly quickly. Flamengo invited me to interview but rejected me, then I saw the Club America job open. They've won the previous two Liga MX titles (27/28 Opening Stage and 26/27 Closing Stage, Mexico is another weird league system) and the most recent CONCACAF Champions League so it was a good way to get some more trophies ticked off and they were happy enough to offer me the job. Out of interest I went and looked at what happened to their previous manager, and he'd left for CF Monterrey (biggest club in Mexico, America is number 2). Their manager had left for Bournemouth because Eddie Howe (after more than 15 years at Bournemouth) had left for Leicester after they'd sacked ... Pep Guardiola! The FM world is truly bizarre at times...

Anyway, the expectation was to win the Champions League and make the league playoffs. No idea why the continental expectations were higher than the league but there we go. I struggled in the league a little, the squad wasn't the deepest or most balanced and I tried in vain to make a 41212 formation work (I'm trying to use a new formation at every stop to learn the game a bit better and have more fun). In the end we kind of stumbled into 5th place and the end of season playoffs where we got Guadalajara. We won 1-0 at home and were comfortably holding them at 0-0 in the second leg until the equalised in the 93rd minute. A 1-1 draw didn't go to extra time, they just advanced as the higher seed and that was the season over! I took over at the Deportivo Toluca game so as you can see the performances were ... average at best.

image.thumb.png.b386614c7c692d8194a6af4f158ff78b.pngimage.thumb.png.4367b630a5ddc8aeb117590037031177.png

image.thumb.png.e023f8e4eca7ac87d290f783fa1d73cd.png

image.thumb.png.df47e32efcdc9a6b5f76399a521da0d8.pngimage.thumb.png.9d39d6c4278b22ed1dccc8aaa967e334.png

The CONCACAF Champions League was a different story however. We waltzed somewhat easily to my first continental trophy, barely breaking into a sweat at any point. We faced New England Revolution in the final and they went down to 10 men early on in the first leg which allowed us to build a 3-0 advantage which we were never going to squander in the second leg. Mexico has won every single edition of the Champions League, the MLS needs to pull it's finger out! Also, this win means I get to avoid the bizarre transfer and contract regulations in the USA! Huzzah!

image.thumb.png.a233ba8b4d3c29b0cdd46f5cbd16f04b.pngimage.thumb.png.709ffc19dde48c3fa91b5c8f7f971108.png

image.thumb.png.36360f6051ed3d588719c66eea6a9758.pngimage.thumb.png.336d77a42aa70172bfb21d8debcd40a8.png

image.thumb.png.6a4598c7d3abb3b9563f24a645e6a2e3.pngimage.thumb.png.480fa2412ec0216b2845e1341a3415a1.png

Even though I've won the Champions League and could move on, I've already signed no less than 7 players for next year so I'm going to hang around for a bit and see if I can add another league title to my list and maybe even the Copa MX if we get invited to it (we haven't played in it for a few years for some reason). Also the Copa America and Euros are this summer so hopefully one of the big international jobs comes open so I can take aim at the World Cup in a couple of years time.

image.thumb.png.73196774e4752ac2548f818338329dc1.png

Edited by Britrock

@Britrock I almost took over Club America at the end of my season with Paranaense, I decided to stay though and spend £100M and smash this part of the challenge or fail again :D

I think I will manage Club America at some stage had a soft spot from when Guillermo Ochoa was there first time around!

Edited by Crowy

1 minute ago, Crowy said:

@Britrock I almost took over Club America at the end of my season with Paranaense, I decided to stay though and spend £100M and smash this part of the challenge or fail again :D

I'm not sure I'd know what to do with £100m at this point! I've got £20m to spend with America and I've gone slightly crazy buying 7 players with it! Before this I'd spent £13.75m on 44 players and I'm about to spend almost double that amount on 7 in one summer, I'd lose my mind with £100m! Good luck in Brazil, there's a few teams I've got my eye on to get the Libertadores - either River Plate or Boca in Argentina and then almost any of the teams in Brazil! Looks like a fun, crazy and busy league system!

The Mexican league is pretty good fun, its competitive if a bit bizarre (the opening and closing stages are separate leagues, with playoffs for the top 8 to decide who actually wins), but the Champions League is a walkover. The MLS teams were very poor (and I've had it loaded since the start of the save), although the two other best Mexican teams (Monterrey and Pachuca) both went out in the quarters to MLS teams so maybe not that bad!

5 minutes ago, Britrock said:

I'm not sure I'd know what to do with £100m at this point! I've got £20m to spend with America and I've gone slightly crazy buying 7 players with it! Before this I'd spent £13.75m on 44 players and I'm about to spend almost double that amount on 7 in one summer, I'd lose my mind with £100m! Good luck in Brazil, there's a few teams I've got my eye on to get the Libertadores - either River Plate or Boca in Argentina and then almost any of the teams in Brazil! Looks like a fun, crazy and busy league system!

The Mexican league is pretty good fun, its competitive if a bit bizarre (the opening and closing stages are separate leagues, with playoffs for the top 8 to decide who actually wins), but the Champions League is a walkover. The MLS teams were very poor (and I've had it loaded since the start of the save), although the two other best Mexican teams (Monterrey and Pachuca) both went out in the quarters to MLS teams so maybe not that bad!

So how do you win the league? Winner of opening and closing stage play each other for the title?

I sold £200M+ worth of players last season, I was going to sell to buy this season to keep the profit but when the board wouldn't give me more than 50% transfer revenue I thought screw it.

11 minutes ago, Crowy said:

So how do you win the league? Winner of opening and closing stage play each other for the title?

I sold £200M+ worth of players last season, I was going to sell to buy this season to keep the profit but when the board wouldn't give me more than 50% transfer revenue I thought screw it.

They're separate leagues entirely, so if you win the Opening Stage you're the Opening Stage Champion and the same with the Closing Stage and the winner of each gets a Champions League spot. There's actually a note on Mexico in the second post of this thread saying that a win in either stage counts as a league title because it's such a weird league system!

1001008b7722be91d237e1.png

FIFA World Cup 2030

Group Stage

Spoiler

Group Stage

As you can see we had an easy draw in the group stage, I was a little disappointed in the way we played but just felt our tactic would be more suited to better opposition. Overall though we qualified comfortably so no complaintes

Second Round

Spoiler

FIFA-World-Cup_-Fixtures--Resultscce41c4

Formations ~ Match Stats ~ Player Ratings

Another game where we were totally in control, Uruguay never looked like threatening or scoring. I was once again disappointed at the lack of goal we were scoring, surely form would start t come together for us later on in the tournament?

Third Round

Spoiler

FIFA-World-Cup_-Competition-Review8f86af

I decided to take a slight risk in this game by rotating my team to give some players a rest ready for later on in the tournament, in the first half I though I'd made a huge mistake as Australia were definitely the better side. I got the team in at half time though gave them a rollocking and thankfully they responded and went out and performed in the second half. I was pleased with the result considering.

Quarter Final

Spoiler

FIFA-World-Cup_-Competition-Review892d51

So here came our biggest challenge so far, 1st vs 2nd in the FIFA world rankings, I felt we played well and were the better side throughout. I was so thankful when we finally got thr break through as I really didn't want England vs Argentina in a penalty shootout :herman:, kind of funny it took a stone wall penalty late on to win it.

Semi Final

Spoiler

FIFA-World-Cup_-Competition-Review1179c0

We came up against another good opposition in the semi final in the shape of Holland and it really was an even game in terms of chances. I have excellent strikers and inside forwards at my disposal with good finishing/composure and they just weren't able to take their chances on this day. After conceding in ET I went all out for the equaliser with Sancho? I think it was missing a sitter to take it to penalties.

Final

Spoiler

FIFA-World-Cup_-Competition-Review0a9bf4

Obviously this is not the Final, but hey look my attacking players found the net in the Third Placed Playoff :(

INTERNATIONAL PROGRESS

1568768668_InternationalProgress.thumb.png.18330541b68e9dda100a05e81b84e23b.png

Edited by Crowy

I usually give this challenge a go at some stage during every FM but have yet to complete it, taking a break from my youth only challenge as I've started to get the bug for this one again. Game setup is done and just running till the chance to take someone over. Some good jobs in my usual hunting place of the South African 2nd division but can't even score an interview on FM20 so am guessing it might be harder to start these days? Either way here's my starting profile

@darren1983 some of the Asian top flight leagues are willing to give you a start from what I've seen and personal experience - Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong etc. The benefit there is you can win trophies from season 1 as well, there's no wasted seasons getting your badges

@darren1983:  Be patient. It took me about 6 months to get a job. I did get some interviews but the result was always "lack of experience" or "better candidates", And then Halifax invited me for an interview and they gave me the job. And so I started in the English Vanarama National League.

You will find a job :)

Athletico Paranaense 2030

Manager Profile: Crowy 2031 (Nearly)

Key Players: Arther Aubert ~ Eltinho ~ Mauricio Aparecido ~ Paulo Cesar ~ Rafinha

Squads: Overview ~ Match Stats

10242371cda15677b820e8.png

Board Expectations: Challenge for Seria A Title | Winners!

League Table

Results One ~ Results Two

This is the kind of season we should of had last season, I was more stubborn this time and refused to allow my best players to leave. I must of created a strong bond with some of my top players, as some players turned down Juventus etc when their minimum fee release clauses were met. I was confident heading in to the season after spending £100M+ on players to replace my big sales from mt previous season but when we went and beat last seasons champions 5-0 with my back up team, I was even more so. If I'm honest this is probably one of the more boring seasons I've had on FM league wise I was 11 points clear after around 15 games, and just knew with the quality in my team we would push on and see it through.

We also went on to win the FA Cup - We had a slow start in this competition as I was focusing on the league and the Copa Libertadores, but once we got past Gremio I knew we had to go for it.

1024151407b84cabc719fc.png

Board Expectations: Reach the Final| Winners!

Results

How we won this competition I'll never know, after drawing Racing Club in the second round I knew it was going to be tough they're the best team in Argentina by a mile and with mostly Brazilian teames left I felt if I could get past them I had a very good chance going on to win it, thankfully the away goal saw us through. In the quarters we were drawn against Argentian opposition again in Argentinos Juniors, I felt comfortable heading in to this tie as they finished 30 points behind Racing Club the previous season finishing third. We just could not break them down over the two legs, we dominated both stats wise but there were times Argentinos Juniors could of also stole the tie. We luckily got through on penalties my average penalty stat in my teams was probably 7 or 8 so wasn't confident but they got the job done. It was just Brazilian teams left at this point and we drew Flamengo in the semi finals and oh my god! Even more nerves in this game, we scored a winner in the 95th minute of the home tie, however Flamengo had an away goal but I was pleased with the lead. The second leg we were just about to see it through then boom concede in the 91st minute and we are heading out on away goals, then please rise Sir Eltinho he pops up with a 93rd minute goal to send us through to the final!

The final was a fairly dull game with Gremio not even mustering a shot on goal let alone on target, we saw it through comfortably and probably should of gone on to win by more.

CLUB CAREER

208775442_CareerProgress.thumb.png.3127850ae314b5a032c5978f0ecfc981.png

Billedresultat for psps logo

Season 2019 - PSPS Pekanbaru

We're done with our first season in this challenge. I havn't upload me manger profile, but you can see in the top left, that i've started with sunday league experience and i havn't got my first badge yet. It wasn't hard to get my first job, and i think i landed it after 2 weeks unemployed, maybe in a shorter time. We got to PSPS in Indonesia. The team was in 11th places, when we took over after just 4 games. From there, we started our journey with some draws, som wins and some loses, before we got into a 9 games winning streak (with 1 draw) in both the league and the cup. It was very helpful. In the end, we got to an 4th places in the league. It was enough for us to qualify for the second phase in the second best league in Indonesia.

In the second phase, we was matched up with the 1st and 3rd places from the east region and the 2nd place in our own region. Here we going to play the 3 teams 1 single time each, to see who will get to the playoff for promotion to the best league in Indonesia. We was unlucky in this phase and ended on 4th place. The reason why we was unlucky is, that we was 1-0 in front of Persiba in the last game. It would have ended up as a playoff spot, but the scored a goal in the 90th minute, and when we was going all out attack, they scored the winner in the 95 minute...

In the cup, we had a beautiful run. We started in the first round, where we beat Kepri Jaya 3-1, before we took down Badak Lampung 1-0. Now we was going to play the games over 2 legs. We started with a 2-1 win on aggregate over Persibat and a 5-0 win on aggregate over Persikubar. Now we was in the quarter final, where we was going to play Persib (the 1st place in the best league in Indonesia). It was 2 very hard games, where we lost the first game 0-2 and the second game 0-1.

Overall it was a good first year for me, but i don't know rather to stay with this team, or going to another. When i got the oppertunity again, I'll ask the board for a coaching badges, and hopefully I'll get it this time, because the finances is "great" right know.

3cfd810197de0bef5dc4624f4e8d2e0d.png

125322e3857faa46e892.png

Club America 2030/31

Club Overview ~ Finances ~ League Table ~ Squad

So after resigning from Athletico Paranaense I decided to look for my next job I didn't want to go back to Europe yet and there weren't any other options available. The Club America job was available again and I jumped at the chance to manage them without really looking it over. The transfer deadline has just finished and they have 1 centre back at the club and no back ups for the first team, so I will see how I can do this season. On a positive note they're still in the Champions League and in the Closing Stage we're 5 points off top with 13 games remaining, I don't believe I have to come top of the league, I just need top 8 then to win the knockout faze, right @Britrock?

I'm hopeful I can just win the closing stage and the Champions League by the end of the season and quickly move on to Asia or Africa.

Edited by Crowy

125322e3857faa46e892.png

Club America 2030/31

Competitions Overview

Just a quick update, the season did not go as planned. The squad depth was awful our first team was average and I couldn't settle on a shape to suit this league. Amazingly we still managed to get to the final of the closing stage but were comfortably beaten. In the Champions League we managed to make it to the semi final, we really struggled again conceding a lot of goals. Somehow I'm in next seasons Champions League perhaps that is due to finishing runner up in the closing stage? I have no idea but I'm thankful.

Going in to next season I knew I needed to add more depth but barring one or two players the quality was poor too, so I decided to focus on quantity over quality to start with. I focused on improving the first team and we have certainly improved our quality with our transfers, but we ran out of time to get the quality in depth we needed. I think providing we stay relatively injury free we could have a decent season this year.

CLUB CAREER

1027232729_CareerProgress.thumb.png.b288dfe9b6867a771122accd8c72ef57.png

Club America - 2028/29 end of Opening Stage review

This felt like much more of a struggle than the results would indicate, we were 1st on the last day of the season but a defeat to the bottom club left us in 4th going into the playoffs. We stumbled through the first leg of the quarters but I made a few tactical changes for the second leg and from there we went on a tear - we didn't concede another goal in the playoffs and ended up coming out victorious in the final over my nemesis Pachuca (who had beaten me 4-0 and 4-2 in my two previous meetings).

image.thumb.png.fff30f386dc8b02b5db31154c2ed23f8.pngimage.thumb.png.15d32abf99d1e7288b2bcd2107a6a672.png

image.thumb.png.ef04475eb275ba4385d1ce99bda4964f.pngimage.thumb.png.8db4068cc7c7b42700f22db5f57f63c6.png

image.thumb.png.bd997f023b6ff20b86af2cb3c4d42b2e.pngimage.thumb.png.3348bc9a3bd81e63c4af9429e1ba570b.png

We also took part in a variety of other competitions. We won the Mexican Champions Trophy, beating Deportivo Guadalajara 3-1. We won the Campeones Cup (Champions Trophy winner vs MLS champion) beating New England Revolution 1-0. We also took part in the Leagues Cup, beating Inter Miami in the first round but losing to Sporting Kansas City in the quarter finals.

image.thumb.png.ce95b5e28f8025d1eca31a8a45754abe.pngimage.thumb.png.f22776d3932f1891c6e440a02ad0323f.png

image.thumb.png.4eb730b8d2f22ac8421c51b974024ef9.pngimage.thumb.png.c78c97358f16a4db5a2678c7b852bb02.png

I'm probably going to hang around for the Closing Stage even though I've got nothing else to prove because at the end of it is the Club World Cup. If I can find a job with another team scheduled to appear then I might jump but I'm quite happy with this squad, unless it gets picked apart in the January window (a lot of my players are wanted by European clubs)

image.thumb.png.38fa5dc2ee02f5718a8a49efd0886c59.png

image.thumb.png.9160743a4dcb75bbe3d468eedf0a7c55.png

Edited by Britrock

125322e3857faa46e892.png

Club America 2031/32

Manager Profile: Crowy 2032

Key Players: Matteo Protti ~ Carlos Alberto ~ Rodrigo Rodriguez ~ Paulo Sergio ~ Tom Willis

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

Opening Stage ~ Closing Stage

So I've had two closing stages and one opening stage at Club America and have lost in the final in all three of the stages. I've honestly not enjoyed my time in Mexico, I'm not sure what it was. I think the league structure is fine, I just was not enjoying it at all. I'll be looking to move on from Mexico now as there are some big jobs available in Europe and elsewhere.

I'd like to add a special mention to Matteo Protti as well who was sensational throughout the whole season in all competitions, I would love to take him wherever I go but I plan on stepping it up now and doubt he will be good enough.

CONCACAF Champions League

The only positive about being in Mexico, we managed to win the Champions League, my second triumph so far in this challenge. I felt we won fairly comfortably, I'm surprised how small this competition is. I was honestly just focusing on this in the second season, I'd really lost interest in the league after another final loss in the opening stage so thankfully Mexico wasn't a complete and total bust...

CAREER CAREER

1438189673_CareerProgress.thumb.png.a6fc0d02fe8790857f356121eafe2fc3.png

Edited by Crowy

728.png.f43ca1f55744a4cd1ca345fe903f8653.png

Tottenham 2032/33

Club OverviewFinancesLeague TableSquad

After a bit of a mangerial merry go round, we have finally landed on our feet at Spurs! After being rejected by Dortmund, Valencia, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich after interviews I felt this was my last decent chance at a good club in Europe. We were offered the Roma job in between but looking at their squad and the time left in the transfer window, I just felt I didn't have time to get a squad together. I'm really pleased to have joined Tottenham they have a good squad, decent squad depth and a very healthy bank balance, they are only in the Europa League though so my target for the first season is to just qualify for the Champions League.

My second target is to smash Wolves as often as I can for sacking me...

Edited by Crowy

Club America - 2028/29 end of season review

A successful second half of the season saw us claim the closing stage title. We managed to finish top of the table before waltzing through the playoffs and destroying everyone in front of us, winning the 3 stages by a combined 19-5! Everyone peaked and we were absolutely unstoppable for the vast majority of the season, blitzing all kinds of records for goals scored, goals against, clean sheets, average rating etc etc. We had 9 players in the team of the year and then 4 on the bench as well! The top goalscorer played for us as did the best attacking midfielder and goalkeeper. Just a total domination from start to finish

image.thumb.png.86e5a120f8368b668dcdffd97b151487.pngimage.thumb.png.08cca1078cf2ed10dbc497858b3bad7f.png

A few of our star players are shown below but the squad has already started to be picked apart, despite the fact I've set ludicrously high asking prices (e.g. £25m for a £8m rated player). Premier League teams just laugh in the face of money it would appear.

image.thumb.png.ad196f443e5759a6442d2af3047b7504.pngimage.thumb.png.e80898c7ac6ee40681a9e7e8cfd185c1.png

image.thumb.png.4b22aff7a326e75e661f9f58b5e5b024.pngimage.thumb.png.0bd7ed589d0920a9f3e953d7862bb27b.png

image.thumb.png.76e96c5f0f699fad4d2333d08aa46306.png

The CONCACAF Champions League was almost a repeat, but we fell in the final to Atlas Guadalajara. We lost the first leg 2-0 and, much like Liverpool the other night, we couldn't quite find the second goal in the second leg to clinch the win.

image.thumb.png.db852d38379be6aa7e75ab1bb7604f57.png

So that means that everything in North America is complete. I thought that winning the Champions League got me automatic qualification to the Club World Cup, but I've honestly got no idea how qualification for that works outside of Europe so I didn't get a place and nothing in game explains why (or how to get one). So I took a look at the job security page for any openings and one stood out as a bit of fun to apply to. And then in a crazy turn, they went and offered me an interview, the fans made me the favourite for the job, and then I actually went and got it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4bfec7eca38d2cdd3b401ac31edec0dd.png

Yep, one of the biggest and richest teams in the world has hired a 29 year old travelling Englishman who's biggest title to date is the African Cup of Nations?! I can't quite wrap my head around it. On top of this, Liverpool and Chelsea actively offered me interviews without me applying to them, almost as if to stop me joining City! My reputation has obviously grown massively in the last 12-18 months in Mexico. The squad is as ridiculous as you could imagine and the transfer budget is £173m :eek: I didn't think I'd go to Europe until right at the end, but this is a chance to tick some big things off the list, including the CWC which City have qualified for!

image.thumb.png.58b137cd3026b8fc356ff50d21157e61.pngimage.thumb.png.338717cfe26d4d94a9ccc70f117ac511.png

untitled-1_100.png?itok=fYcJhpQw

Manchester City - 2029 Club World Cup review

We took over at City after their first group game had already been played, but here's the review of how the rest of the tournament went

Group stage

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.215cc2a2672964f3b35d311502e372a6.png

We battered York9 and easily qualified top of the group as expected

Potential quarter final

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d950eeb7430d668b2d40267a69feb395.png

This came about 2 days after the York9 game and the team was basically out on their feet before we even started. It was a fairly even game with quite a bit of back and forth, with the substitute Aquilino scoring a great goal in the 89th minute to save me from extra time and all my players being totally out on their feet

Potential semi final

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4c2333d1d0a7298217db28464a3e4f26.png

This was 3-4 days after the quarter final so my players had a chance to recover from that and this was a much easier game than the PSG one as you'd expect. We scored two goals late in the first half and cruised through the second half.

Potential final

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.82e1cc0e87436c07b1fe5aa3389bd179.png

I was a little bit worried about this as Monaco have possibly the best striker in world football but it turns out there was no need to be concerned at all. We absolutely eviscerated them and waltzed to the Club World Cup.

image.thumb.png.fdf342582b53380c0b645bb9dea07ea8.png

Club World Cup Review

Spoiler

I still don't really know how this competition works beyond the last 4 Champions league winners, finalists, Europa League winners and Libertadores winners being invited (and that I had to get from Wikipedia, there's nothing in game to help you out). The other nations seem to be drawn from a hat almost - e.g. I've no idea how York9 qualified when they've never won the CONCACAF Champions League. The timing is weird as well because most of the players are absolutely knackered for the first 2-3 games as there's no preseason before it. Strange competition and I'm glad to have it behind me.

image.thumb.png.911dea2ac713b628ef9ec6efc265a00b.png

image.thumb.png.4f61874b482754a2736b70de69f56dc3.png

image.thumb.png.ebfef1369f6f04465bf21764b67021ad.png

1 hour ago, Britrock said:

untitled-1_100.png?itok=fYcJhpQw

Manchester City - 2029 Club World Cup review

We took over at City after their first group game had already been played, but here's the review of how the rest of the tournament went

Group stage

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.215cc2a2672964f3b35d311502e372a6.png

We battered York9 and easily qualified top of the group as expected

Potential quarter final

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.d950eeb7430d668b2d40267a69feb395.png

This came about 2 days after the York9 game and the team was basically out on their feet before we even started. It was a fairly even game with quite a bit of back and forth, with the substitute Aquilino scoring a great goal in the 89th minute to save me from extra time and all my players being totally out on their feet

Potential semi final

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.4c2333d1d0a7298217db28464a3e4f26.png

This was 3-4 days after the quarter final so my players had a chance to recover from that and this was a much easier game than the PSG one as you'd expect. We scored two goals late in the first half and cruised through the second half.

Potential final

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.82e1cc0e87436c07b1fe5aa3389bd179.png

I was a little bit worried about this as Monaco have possibly the best striker in world football but it turns out there was no need to be concerned at all. We absolutely eviscerated them and waltzed to the Club World Cup.

image.thumb.png.fdf342582b53380c0b645bb9dea07ea8.png

Club World Cup Review

Hide contents

I still don't really know how this competition works beyond the last 4 Champions league winners, finalists, Europa League winners and Libertadores winners being invited (and that I had to get from Wikipedia, there's nothing in game to help you out). The other nations seem to be drawn from a hat almost - e.g. I've no idea how York9 qualified when they've never won the CONCACAF Champions League. The timing is weird as well because most of the players are absolutely knackered for the first 2-3 games as there's no preseason before it. Strange competition and I'm glad to have it behind me.

image.thumb.png.911dea2ac713b628ef9ec6efc265a00b.png

image.thumb.png.4f61874b482754a2736b70de69f56dc3.png

image.thumb.png.ebfef1369f6f04465bf21764b67021ad.png

Your post omitted one important detail.

That this is the best day of your life.

Because you're on the leader board.

Of course we all hope one day you'll surpass this achievement by completing the challenge and entering the Hall of Fame, but probably by that point you'll be mentally unstable from the stress of trying to get those last couple of landmarks. Completing the challenge is like finding out that you're free of coronavirus, whereas getting onto the leaderboard is like losing your virginity, so congrats,my son. 

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Your post omitted one important detail.

That this is the best day of your life.

Because you're on the leader board.

Of course we all hope one day you'll surpass this achievement by completing the challenge and entering the Hall of Fame, but probably by that point you'll be mentally unstable from the stress of trying to get those last couple of landmarks. Completing the challenge is like finding out that you're free of coronavirus, whereas getting onto the leaderboard is like losing your virginity, so congrats,my son. 

Thank you, my moment of fame! What's the criteria for landing on there, is it 10 trophies?

image.thumb.png.bc44a6136d1a42eda87b526ee181d2bb.png

Pachuca F.C - 2035/2036

Welcome!

I've not provided updates on this challenge throughout the thread. Not really sure why, just wantedto get on with it after trying this last year and losing my love for the game halfway through.

Some of you may read the career story i'm about to type up, some of you may want to skip to the achievements.

It was a dark, gloomy and thumb twiddling day for myself as an unemployeed, untrained manager. But in late 2019, a team from the Chiliean First Division B took a chance on me.....ATHLETIC CLUB BARNECHEA! The start of the journey.....

I had spent 4 seasons with Barnechea. Gaining promotion and then winning the League, Cup and Copa Libertadores in that brilliant 4th season! Job Done!

Skip on to 2022 where I joined Golden Arrows in South Africa. Horrible league. Wasn't hang around, so I left for Bristol City in 2023. Will be going back to South Africa at the end...Save the worst till last in my eyes!

First season with Bristol City, I consolidated for 12th place. Something to build on! I did exactly that and won the league the next year. There's something about going into a team and clearing out all the deadwood and signing 12/13 new players to help. Addicted to doing it! 

The year is 2025 and Crystal Palace came knocking....more money, really decent squad....Sold! I managed to see that season out and finish 7th with Palace, but missing out on Euro cup places due to cup winners etc. Livid.

At the end of that season, with the World Cup ending, I had my opportunity to jump into the international game.....with England. Bonus! I'm sure you're all aware of the regens that come through for England. Insane!

I stayed with England until the next World Cup, where I had an awesome team and won the World Cup 2030. Adding the International League twice and European Championship. 

This is when the South American regions came calling and I joined Mexico with sights on the Gold Cup of 2031. This was easy. Nothing more to be said. 

Backtracking slightly to 2027/28, where I left Palace and joined a cash strapped Tottenham finishing 4th in my first season. Then I job offers coming out of my a**e.

This is when i joined Milan for 2028-2030. Winning Serie A, the Italian Cup and Champions League in my first season. (I got lucky and inherited a great team).

The second season is when I managed to pick up the Club World Championship.

During that Club World Championship venture, I got offered the Man City job! I had to delay them for 3 weeks to get the Club World in the bag! Thankfully they waited.

Not much to say about Man City, again got lucky. Won the Premiership and Carabao Cup in the 1 1/2 seasons I was there. Bye!

Hello Sydney F.C!

Strange league. Wasn't sure what I had to win, so had to be clarified. But it was that "Finals Series" which was easy to come by with them being one of the richest teams in the league.....after working around all the rules and accidently releasing players when I didn't register them!

The year is now 2031 and I had won the Gold Cup with Mexico and won the Asian Champions League with Sydney. Think of all those Air Miles I clocked up!

Time for a fresh go, so I left both Mexico and Sydney.........twiddled my fingers for a while and then fell into Villarreal! They were struggling big time, so I managed to save the season and finish 5th.

The second season was a quiet one....went out of the cups and got pipped on the final day to only finish 2nd in the league!

The third season, with the big cash injections, I managed to win the league and cup. Got to the semi-final of the Champions League too, which was decent.

2034/35 is where I left Villarreal after 2 1/2 seasons for the German giants....Bayern Munich!

This was another walk in the park really....The league and Cup were won. But only the Semi-final of the Champions League again. Damn.

I did however, join Senegal for their African Cup of Nations venture, which I managed to win in 2035, beating Ghana in the final on pens! Squeaky bum time for sure! Didn't want to spend another 2 years there.

I resigned from Bayern after ticking that off the challenge. The media came hunting for me as I kept resigning from teams....as they always do!

Now I'm at Pachuca F.C! Mexican First Division won already...along with cup. Now i'm building (trying to get many u21 mexican players) to challenge for the Continental Competition.

image.thumb.png.5ac3685ec6392ae57a14f421690d9b08.png

I still have a few more to do....but I'm not far off!

Really can't wait to go back to South Africa :idiot:

Scott Williams End of Season Review

Badge.png.94ea7fdd711c3e04cb155c8f27c2b491.png

AC Milan 2033/34

Serie A

League Table | Results 1 2 

What a season it has been for Mr Williams' AC Milan side. Centurians and Invincibles both checked off the list this season. The side that finished second last year didn't need much adding to it, in fact over the 2 and a half years AC Milan's net spend was £17Mil. The on loan GK signed permanently. A couple of RBs came in to replace what was leaving and then a few youngsters joined to bulster the squad. Milan went into the season on the back of a 12 match unbeaten run to finish the last. That means that Milan are now 50 games unbeaten in the Serie A. It was clear to see why, at the halfway stage the club had only conceded 4 goals and had scored 33. Needless to say Milan were ahead from the start and despite pressure from Lazio, never looked like finishing anywhere other than 1st.

Cup Competitions

Copa Italia | Champions League

The form in the league transfered well into the other competitions, winning the Copa Italia and reaching the semifinal of the UCL. In the cup, Milan needed penalties to get passed Sassuolo after the game finished 4-4, and then went on to beat Genoa and Inter Milan (also on pens) before comfortably beating Torino in the final.

In the UCL Milan had a tough group of PSG, Sporting Lisbon and Basel. They got off too an average start only winning on of the first 4 and required help from Basel who drew both games against PSG. Luckily Milan were able to finish strongly, winning their final games against PSG and Basel and topped the group. 

In the first knockout round, Milan faced reigning champions Tottenham. The first leg finished TOT 1 - 2 ACM and the second was 1-1. In the next round Milan faced another English side in Watford who had knocked them out of the Europa League last season. There was no repeat of that this time around as once again the tie finished 3-2 on agg after a first leg 1-2 victory at Watford follwed by a 1-1 draw.

Onto the semi final, Milan recieved the easier draw against Benfica, wiht United and Madrid making up the other. This time Milan were drawn at home first and once again got a 2-1 vicotry to take into the second leg. Over in portugal there was nothing short of heartbreak for Scott and his men. Milan took the lead after 5 minutes and were ahead for 6 before benfica drew level. Benfica then scored again in the 71st minute meaning it was going to ET as it stood. If Milan could get another then Benfica would need two to go through. Captain, Leader, Legend in Jean-Christophe Collon stepped up from LB and smashid in a volley, Evra vs Bayern Munich -esque. Unfortunately just like that game benfica went down the other end (admitadely 7 miuntes later) and scored after an error from Milan's RB. then in the 94th minute of Benfica scored their fourth of the night as their own LB smashed in a shot from the edge of the box. And that was that, Milan managed to throw away a first leg lead and an away goal advantage to crash out of the UCL and meant Scott didn't get a chance at a treble. 

Next Season

Scott's contract runs out at the end of the 2033/34 season and he didn't have any intention of signing a new deal unless Milan didn't win the league. After 27 games of the season the Chelsea job became available and so Scott decided to take it. Thankfully everything worked out and Scott won all there is to win in Italy before moving on. Chelsea currently have a few ex Milan players in their ranks and also have the best player in the world up top for them, as long as he doesn't get poached by someone before Scott joins. Chelsea finished 5th in the league just missing out on 4th as they lost to Watford (who finished 4th) on the final day of the season. They will still however be playing Champions League football as they won the Europa League, beating Roma. They haven't won the league since 2016/17 but have 2 FA Cups and 1 Carabao Cup under their belt (since 2019/20). Scott will be earning 3 times as much on £155k p/w and has signed a 3 year deal which should be enough time to win the league.

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed: 8
Nations Managed: 5
Trophies Won: 14
Runner Up Medals: 6
Manager of the Year: 4
2022, 2026/27, 2029, 2030, 2033/34 (Winner) | 2020, 2025/26 (Runner up)
Number of Sackings: 2 (Kaizer Chiefs, Suwon)

Career Earnings: £17.25 Million
---------------------------------------------------

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera Div B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
2021	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	7th	R2	-	R1	-
2022	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	1st	Won	-	R1	-	Domestic Double, MOTY
2022/23	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	17th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2023/24	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	15th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2024/25	ARG	CA Union	Superliga						Resigned End of Phase 1
2025/26	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	2nd	RU	Won	-	-	KO Cup Winners RU in other Comps
2026/27	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	3rd	RU	R1	Won	-	Champions League Winners, MOTY
2027	KOR	Suwon		K League 1	7th		-	QF	-	Joined July in 5th, Sakced September 15th
2027/28	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	-	-	-	-	Joined December in 8th
2028/29	ARG	Velez		Superliga	1st	Won	-	QF	-	Domestic Double
2029/30	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	Won	-	Won	-	Copa Libertadores and Copa Argentina Winners, won both Supercups MOTY
2030/31	ENG	AFC Bournemouth	Premier League	9th	R3	R2	-	-	Somehow won Superliga manager of the year for 2030
2031/32 ITA	AC Milan	Serie A		6th	-	-	-	-	Joined with 7 games remaining U18s won the legaue and cup
2032/33	ITA	AC Milan	Serie A		2nd	R1	-	R3 UEL	-	
2033/34	ITA	AC Milan	Serie A		1st	Won	-	SF	-	Invincibles! Centurians! League + Cup double
2034/35	ENG	Chelsea		Premier League
----------------------------------------------------

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note
2023	Honduras	67th	-		-		Relegated from Nations League
2024	Honduras	72rd	-		-		Qualified for Gold Cup 2025
2024	Russia		42nd	-		-		2nd in NL Div B	
2026	Russia		30th	-		2nd Rnd v SUI	Topped Group, Lost to Switzerland
2027	Nigeria		12th	RU		-		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned as manager
2031	Guinea-Bissau	53rd	Won				AFCON Winners
2032	Portugal	 3rd	Won		-		European Championship Winners
-----------------------------------------------------
Challenge Progress
3/10 Leagues 		(Chile; Curico Unido 2022, Argentina; Velez 2028/29, Italy; AC Milan 2033/34)
4/10 Cups		(Copa Chile; Curico Unido 2022, RSA Telkom KO; Kaizer Chiefs 2025/26, Copa Argentina; Velez 2028
			Copa Italia; AC Milan 2033/34)
2/5  Continental	(Africa; Kaizer Chiefs 2026/27, South America; Velez 2029)
0/1  Worlds

2/5 Continental 	(AFCON; Guinea-Bissau 2031, EUROS; Portugal 2032)
0/1 Worlds

Total 
11/32