The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

bayer.jpg.e46385a524197b415896f54387d7f433.jpg

2032/33 Bundesliga

We started our first full season with hopes of a top 4 place and maybe even a title challenge, and come March we was sat in 3rd with a good chance of achieving our goals but not really looking like title contenders. Then a news article popped up saying how I was Favourite for the Bayern job. Having a horrendous season, out of European football and the domestic cup, this is a great opportunity to rebuild one of Europe's giants. I was appointed in March with the sole aim of sealing  a top 4 spot which we managed to after some teething issues. The Squad has some great players in, some brilliant youngsters and enough dead wood for me to sell that next season, we should be challenging for the domestic honours at the least.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

180px-Netherlands_national_football_team

Netherlands National Team

UEFA Nations League (2028-29)

The powers that be didn't care about the competition, but was hoping to make a good first impression. Hard to remain optimistic following our group draw: Portugal, Turkey, Greece. We opened with Portugal (H), and were surprisingly competitive, but it took a 93rd minute penalty save from Kooistra (Ajax), to preserve a 0-0 draw. He was MotM. We followed that up with a dreadful performance in Istanbul. Once again, Kooistra bailed us out and was MotM, 0-0.

Changed up some personnel and tweaked tactics. Knowing our toughest match of the competition was on the horizon, went with a largely B team against Greece, in Athens, and won convincingly, 5-1, behind a Buitink hatrick. We stole an early goal against Portugal off a set piece, only for that to be canceled out moments later. We were largely dominated, conceding more shots on target, than we managed total shots. But they never put us away, and with us really just trying to hold on, a perfect longball set Ihattaren in on a breakaway. Clincal. 2-1. Shockingly, we'd head into the final round of group matches, knowing results at home against Turkey and Greece would see us through. We did not disappoint. Dominant 2-0 results in both. Maybe we actually had a chance to lift a trophy?

Things couldn't have started much worse against Italy, conceding a rapid-fire double inside 7 minutes. Made tweaks through the first half, but they remained largely in control, until a stunning free-kick from Buitink seemed to flip the match on its head in the 44th minute. We were unlucky to not draw level before the break. Second half started much as the first ended, it felt like an equalizer was due any minute. Then, they sucker punched us, with a nearly identical free kick, that flipped the match just as ours had in the first half. We'd pull back a consolation goal in stoppage time, but they deservedly won 3-2. 

They'd go on to destroy France, 4-0. We'd play an absurdly open 3rd place match against Croatia, that somehow finished 1-0, in our favor.

Next up, 2030 World Cup qualifying. We drew a very favorable group: Poland, Czech Republic, Georgia, and Azerbaijan. 

Edited by XuluBak

1024475466_SLBenfica.thumb.png.192fcb7082960d247af65123844d92f3.png

SL Benfica

2028-2029 End-of-Season Review

Things couldn't have started much better in my final season at Benfica. We won our first five "competitive" matches, including the Portuguese and UEFA Super Cups (finally!), by a combined scoreline of 19-1, including a 4-0 rout of Porto. Then, this happened. Random blip, we went right back to dominating across competitions. Looked like smooth sailing, until out of nowhere, it happened again, this time (less dramatically), against CD Tondela. For the first time since arriving Portugal, we weren't top of the table.

A huge offer came in from China for David, so we moved him on, and brought in another talented young Brazilian: Geffinho.  He was an immediate impact player, every bit as dominant as Mahon on the left flank. 

We'd need penalties to get passed Porto in the league cup semifinal, but otherwise, everything was back to normal following the break, including a comfortable 3-0 league cup final against Sporting and an 11-1 rout of Rio Ave in the Portuguese cup semifinals. Porto would drop 3 points in January and two more in February (coincidentally, against FC Famalicão and CD Tondela, respectively), before we'd close out February in Porto. Things went south pretty quickly, with Geffinho getting himself sent off inside 10 minutes. That 4-0 result early in the season now looked huge. We played to minimize damage and lost 2-0. They were top, but we had the tiebreaker.  March would prove a challenging month for both sides, with us dropping 4 points (CD Tondela again!) and them dropping six, including a 2-0 defeat to Sporting. Not only had we failed to clinch the league in March, but we had a legitimate title race on our hands. Sporting could have been in better position, but between beating Porto, and facing us, CD Tondela struck again!  (unfortunately, they just missed out on EL)

Sporting could have made things really interesting with an upset, but Geffinho had other ideas, 1-0, inside 5 minutes. Redemption. Ferro, Dantas, and Portal (my core since arriving) made sure things were never in doubt. 4-0. One win down, three to go, assuming Porto took care of business. They would. We only manage a draw against Moreirense FC, but close things out with a dominant performance against Rio Ave to clinch our 9th consecutive league title. 

Portuguese cup

Spoiler

The final was even more dramatic than the league. We went up early, on a fantastic volleyed strike from Gomes, who somehow found himself completely unmarked on the penalty spot. Despite our dominance, they found and capitalized on a couple openings and led 2-1 at the break. We kept creating chances, but couldn't find the back of the net. I'd pretty much resigned myself to losing out on my first domestic trophy, in my last domestic match, when...we caught them out, not once, but twice in stoppage time. First Amore, then Portal.

Champions League

We won our group (Liverpool, Real Sociedad, Shaktar) quite comfortably by matchday five. We drew...

Spoiler

Inter! Third time in four years of UCL football we'd meet in the knockout rounds. Shockingly, they hadn't won their group, and were the unlucky group winners that landed them. The away leg was brutal. They very easily could have put us away. Santana saved us, again. Portal managed a brace. And we somehow escaped with a 2-2 draw. Bailey was unstoppable in the second leg. 2-0 (4-2 aggregate). 

Juve, home first. This time it was our turn to be dominantly wasteful in the home leg. 33 shots, 1 goal. Fortunately, the away leg got off to a dream start, as Ferro buried a header off a free kick in the first minute.  With the away goal advantage, and them not posing much offensive threat, we held on for 1-1 (2-1 aggregate).

Man City, home first. Ridiculously open match: 40 shots, 25 on target, 11 clear chances. Santana was insane, we were clinical. 4-2. Didn't like our chances if it was that open at Etihad, so went back to 442 and looked to counter. Figured we'd have to get at least one to advance. Bailey provided it and it proved vital 1-2 (5-4 aggregate). Four years, four finals. 

Elsewhere...

Spoiler

After shockingly winning the "group of death" (with Juve, Chelsea, and Besiktas), Porto got by Roma on away goals, thrashed Barca (at home), then took out Tottenham. Setting up an all Portuguese CL Final.

Yep, I didn't see that coming either...

Spoiler

I could see them getting stronger over the years, so wasn't surprised to see them push me domestically, but didn't expect to see them escape that group, let alone make the final. Portugal could get really interesting following my departure...

This game, however, was not. Portal inside ten minutes, we didn't put it away, they responded early in the second. Definitely been here before. Perhaps that experience was the difference. Within five minutes, Mahon and Amore, had made it 3-1. With them pushing to get back in it, Amore and Portal would each add a second, before they'd add a consolation goal well into stoppage time. 5-2.  Four straight! (5th of the decade)

Now, onto the CWC final, which I'll address separately...

Edited by XuluBak

FIFA Club World Cup issues...

Spoiler

I had concerns about something being wrong as the CWC wasn't showing up as an upcoming competition, anywhere on my schedule/calendar, or with board expectations. It was like the competition didn't really exist until after the UCL final and qualified clubs were set. My squad went on "holiday" as normal once our "regular season" ended. Their holiday icons indicated they'd return in July. The CWC begins in late mid-late June. Registered players returned for the start of the CWC, but things were messed up...

(disclaimer: I reloaded a few times trying to understand the problem and/or find a solution, without much luck on the latter)

Player conditioning and sharpness was all over the place.  I could interact with our general training schedule, but not set training levels, and it didn't seem like training was actually happening. That wouldn't be a big deal, except, players weren't recovering fitness as they should. It seems like this problem lasts until your squad would normally return for training camp. That creates a real problem with a compressed timeline.

I played group matches (Dalian Yifang and Sao Paulo) on June 22nd and 29th. Won both. Was left with a completely exhausted squad. We drew Bayern in the QF to be played on July 1st. Fairly unreasonable under the best of circumstances, impractical without player recovery. The entire squad is completely exhausted. I don't think any outfield players were above ~82% (both GKs were in mid 80s) and I couldn't even piece together an XI of players with 75%+ regardless of position, let alone have usable bench...

I don't think that's really within the spirit of the challenge and would suggest we drop it as a requirement for FM20. 

Edited by XuluBak

11 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Reveal hidden contents

I had concerns about something being wrong as the CWC wasn't showing up as an upcoming competition, anywhere on my schedule/calendar, or with board expectations. It was like the competition didn't really exist until after the UCL final and qualified clubs were set. My squad went on "holiday" as normal once our "regular season" ended. Their holiday icons indicated they'd return in July. The CWC begins in late mid-late June. Registered players returned for the start of the CWC, but things were messed up...

(disclaimer: I reloaded a few times trying to understand the problem and/or find a solution, without much luck on the latter)

Player conditioning and sharpness was all over the place.  I could interact with our general training schedule, but not set training levels, and it didn't seem like training was actually happening. That wouldn't be a big deal, except, players weren't recovering fitness as they should. It seems like this problem lasts until your squad would normally return for training camp. That creates a real problem with a compressed timeline.

I played group matches (Dalian Yifang and Sao Paulo) on June 22nd and 29th. Won both. Was left with a completely exhausted squad. We drew Bayern in the QF to be played on July 1st. Fairly unreasonable under the best of circumstances, impractical without player recovery. The entire squad is completely exhausted. I don't think any outfield players were above ~82% (both GKs were in mid 80s) and I couldn't even piece together an XI of players with 75%+ regardless of position, let alone have usable bench...

I don't think that's really within the spirit of the challenge and would suggest we drop it as a requirement for FM20. 

It is a weird one, I'd be interested to see when certain team enter due to coefficients standings. If I remember correctly European teams in the top 5 leagues don't enter till later on things may have changed in the game though. Looking at the FIFA Club World Cup in my save the last one was in 2025 (I'm in 2027) and the next one is not due untill 2029 which seems strange to me, how often have your Club World Cups been running? Also have some SS's of when teams enter etc?

11 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a big that SI are aware of, so hopefully it will be fixed when the big update comes out.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495632-world-official-league-specific-issues/

6 hours ago, vikeologist said:

It's a big that SI are aware of, so hopefully it will be fixed when the big update comes out.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/495632-world-official-league-specific-issues/

Thanks. Posted what I noticed and corresponding screenshots to explain what was happening.

I appreciate that a fix may be coming, but my save is kinda stuck until it does, unless I either forgo the CWC, or accept that I've wasted a lot of time just to play this competition in its horribly bugged state. 

6 hours ago, Crowy said:

It is a weird one, I'd be interested to see when certain team enter due to coefficients standings. If I remember correctly European teams in the top 5 leagues don't enter till later on things may have changed in the game though. Looking at the FIFA Club World Cup in my save the last one was in 2025 (I'm in 2027) and the next one is not due untill 2029 which seems strange to me, how often have your Club World Cups been running? Also have some SS's of when teams enter etc?

The format changes starting in 2021. More teams (24), less frequent (every 4 years), and time of year (summer). All the teams enter the competition in the group stage. 8 groups, 3 teams each. Everyone plays each other once. Group winner advances to QF. I think the qualifying process for 2021 is set, but not necessarily beyond, so not sure how they handled that. 

16 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Thanks. Posted what I noticed and corresponding screenshots to explain what was happening.

I appreciate that a fix may be coming, but my save is kinda stuck until it does, unless I either forgo the CWC, or accept that I've wasted a lot of time just to play this competition in its horribly bugged state. 

Ultimately it's your challenge save, so if you want to forego the CWC, ok. The important thing is that you are enjoying it, or at the very least, it doesn't cast you into a deep well of depression.

2022/23 Season - Cape Town City

Image result for cape town city"

The change in job worked well as we had a much better season.

Although we didn't win anything our 2nd place finish in the League gives us Champions League Qualification for next season.

bcef13b78b9f954fb1cfc7738be39d21.png

In other news...

Continental C and B Licence gained, doing these in record time! Reputation also upto 3* (Fairly Good)

What Next?

Champions League football next season is exactly what was needed. Not much money to spend but we have proven we can kick it with the big boys. Just need Sundowns to have a poor season

International Update

UAE just wasn't working out and when I was offered a new job I snapped their hands off. I am now Ivory Coast manager. 2023 African Nations coming up very soon

6cd649159a455adfaca9c631e57a96a1.png

1024475466_SLBenfica.thumb.png.192fcb7082960d247af65123844d92f3.png

SL Benfica

2029 FIFA Club World Cup

Despite some logistical issues, the squad made it to Rostov in time to thrash Dalian Yifang 4-0. My former club then took down Sao Paulo 2-1. A combination of results that nearly ensured advancing to the knockout stages. The guys might have hit the town a bit too hard, struggling to a measly 1-1 draw against Sao Paulo. Enraged by the ludicrous scheduling of our QF match against Bayern Munich, and inspired by the great Jurgen Klopp, I took a holiday to protest. By all accounts it was a drab affair, aside from a moment of brilliance, Gomes and Portal going 2 vs 7, with a perfect through ball luring the keeper out just enough for Portal to slide it passed him with ease. 1-0.

On to the semis against Chelsea. A well-worked throw-in to Portal, who laid it off to a cutting Bailey. Far corner, 1-0. Just as it was starting to look like that would be enough to see us though, we shut off, and Chiesa made us pay with a wide-open blast off a corner. Followed by about 50 minutes of nothing. Penalties. Neither keeper made a save, but Mason Mount blasted his attempt wide of the right post. 1-1p (5-4). On to the final. Facing Inter in the final would have been a fitting ending, but it wasn't meant to be, Man City dropped them (2-1) in the other semifinal. (edit: Beating City was actually pretty fitting ending too, as Sampaoli, who'd been at Porto this whole time, had just taken over as their manager)

The final was...ugly. We dominated. They fouled, a lot. We couldn't put them away. Penalties couldn't have started much worse as we missed two of our first three, but Santana came up with a huge save to keep us in it, they choked, and we capitalized, with Gomes putting home the winner. 0-0p (3-2).

After four amazing years in Lisbon, I have resigned from SL Benfica. Not much available, except PSG, but no interest whatsoever in managing there. Ever. Going to focus on international management until something piques my interest. 

CWC Final.jpg

Challenge Table.jpg

Edited by XuluBak

bayern.jpg.f475600fd1e3c7294919d6b95198cb4d.jpg

2033/34 Bundesliga

Competitions

Bundesliga - Results 1    Results 2    League Table

The board made it clear at the start of the season that winning the league was an expectation rather than an aim. With the team we have here, it would be hard not to win it in all fairness. Being thumped 4-1 by Hamburger Sv was the seasons low point. A solid run of 9 games without conceding a goal the high point for me, this was a 12 game run including Champions League games which is a record for me I think.

DFB Pokal - Results

We flopped simply. Met old club Leverkusen in the 2nd round and was well beaten.

Champions League - Results

Looking over the saves history, Bayern have only got to the last 4 twice since the start and have never made a final. We got to the Semi's where we faced PSG who have won the last 2 Champions Leagues. They were too good for us, and sailed through 3-0 over the 2 legs.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    End Of Season Awards

The team we have here is simply amazing. We have some elite and world class players with massive experience, and we have at least 2 promising youngsters in each position to back them up. Due to our amazing run of clean sheets earlier this season, my best 4 players this season will be a GK and 3 defenders,

Finn Behrens (GK)

Maximilian Schad (LB)

Kay Baumgart (CB)

Dmitry Petrenko (CB)

Next Season

Having now won 5 league titles and only 3 cups, I am 2 cups behind and will be staying here to get another cup. There is no guarantee to winning it obviously, but with the squad here, it should really be a formality. World Cup 2034 takes place this summer and we enter with a very strong England side. Will do a further update for this.

Club Career

Leagues		Cups
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Notes and Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	S.Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	3rd	n/a	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Play Offs.
2020/21 S.Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.
2021/22	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL Semi Final
2022/23	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	4th	n/a	R2	QF	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners.
2023	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	10th	n/a	QF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Appointed 8/6/23.
2024	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	1st	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	League and Cup Winners.
2025	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	4th	n/a	RU	n/a	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners.
2026	Brazil		Serie A		Fluminense	8th	n/a	Win	Win	QF	n/a	FA Cup Winners.
2027	Brazil		Serie A		Fluminense	1st	n/a	SF	Win	Win	n/a	League and Champions League Winners
2027/28	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	n/a	3rd	n/a	n/a	SF	n/a	Took over at start of Closing Stages.
2028/29	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	12th	Win	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won Closing Stage Title.
2029/30	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	Win	Win	n/a	n/a	Win	n/a	Won Opening and Closing Stage Title and Champions League Winners.
2031/32	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	6th	n/a	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Appointed 28/12/31, Knocked our Europa League Last 16.
2032/33	Germany		Bundesliga	BLev/BMun	4th	n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Left B Lev for B Mun in March. Already out of Cups/Europe.
2033/34	Germany		Bundesliga	B Munich	1st	n/a	R2	n/a	SF	n/a	League Winners. Lost in CL Semi Final and R2 of Cup.

International Career

Year	Nation		Fifa Rank	NL	Cont.	World Cup	Notes and Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022	Nigeria		24th		n/a	n/a	n/a		Appointed on 25/12/22
2023	Nigeria		11th		n/a	Win	n/a		African Cup Of Nations Winners.
2026	Australia	61st		n/a	n/a	n/a		Appointed 19/7/26
2027	Australia	60th		n/a	QF	n/a		Lost in Asian Cup Quarter Final.
2028	Australia	55th		n/a	n/a	n/a		
2029	Australia	54th		n/a	n/a	n/a		Qualified for 2030 World Cup.
2030	Australia	51st		n/a	n/a	GS		Knocked out in World Cup Group stage, sacked after World Cup. 
2031	S Korea		26th		n/a	Win	n/a		Appointed on 21/7/2030. Asian Cup Winners. Resigned after Asian Cup.
2032	Columbia	18th		n/a	QF	n/a		Lost in Copa America QF. Resigned and Appointed England Manager.
2033	England		10th		SF	n/a	n/a		Lost in Nations League SF.
2034	England		8th

Challenge Progress

Club Football

5/10 Domestic Leagues	(S. Africa - ASBA Prem 21/22, China - CSL 2024, Brazil - Serie A 2027, Mexico - Liga MX Closing Stage 2029, Germany - Bundesliga 2034)
3/10 Domestic Cups	(S. Africa - NedBank Cup 20/21, China - CFA Cup 2024, Brazil - Copa Perdigao 2026)
4/5 Champions League	(Africa - 2023, Asia 2025, S. America 2027, N. America 2030)
0/1 Club World Cups

International Footbal

2/5 Continental Championships	(Afcon 2023 - Nigeria, Asian Cup 2031 - S Korea)
0/1 World Cups

14/32

2023/24 - Cape Town City

What a season! 

Absolutely amazing as we won the South African Premiership, MTN8 Cup and African Champions league!

31be70a4df46f54431979eb6bad48505.png

4c7fcdb45aa241f378852a0dfcd2043e.png

Totally incredible and within 4 seasons I have won the African Champions League meaning there is no need for me to hang about. Time to start looking for a new job in a new continent. It's a shame I couldn't win one of the two cups but the main aim was the Continental Trophy.

a0df2cd4bedac5507dde6357cd717870.png

Bildresultat för boca juniors

Boca Juniors - 2029 report

(Club change)

I have decided to leave Boca as Monterrey have offered me a job. The aim of winning the Copa Libertadores was not met this season as we lost to River Plate in the semi-finals. And we wont be in the competition next year, because we finished 10th in the league 2 seasons ago. So, I decided to jump ship to Monterrey, one of the best clubs in North America and the aim there is of course to win the CL. I feel like I had a successful spell with Boca, winning the league and the cup. I will come back to South America if a good Brazilian job becomes available.

The best players from my time at Boca:

Emiliano Bellino

Gonzalo Goni

Lucas Corti

Emanuel Saenz

Esteban Alegre

Diego Roldan

Deiner Gomez

Leonardo Fernandes

Federico D'Angelo

Ignacio Alvarez

Manager Profile

League Table

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th
2020	     Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                QF    	     Group Stage	-		    National C licence	
2021         Magni	      Iceland            1. delid karla   5th 	 	     R32  	     SF			-		    National B licence, resigned after last game
2022	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     Group stage     -                  -                   Got my first international job, National A licence	
2023	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     QR2             -                  -                   Continental C and A licence      
2024	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden   	         Division 1 north 1st                Won in QR2      -                  -                   -     	    
2025	     Hammarby FF      Sweden	         Allsvenskan      1st                Group stage     -                  -                   Continental Pro licence
2026	     Guangzhou E.     China              Chinese Super L. 1st                R16	     -                  -                   -
2027         Guangzhou E.     China		 Chinese Super L. 2nd                R16             -                  Winners             Won the supercup as well
2027/28      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 10th               -               -                  -                   Won the supercup
2028/29      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 1st                R16             -                  -                   - 
2029         Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 6th*               Winners         -                  SF                  *left manager position after 17 games              
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022         Haiti           -			-		 -
2023         Nigeria         AFCON		R16		 Sacked after AFCON
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

3/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Sweden, China, Argentina)
 1/10  Top Domestic Cups (Argentina)
 1/5   Continentals Cups (Asia)
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

On 05/02/2020 at 02:03, XuluBak said:

I found that it works both ways and took advantage of exhausted teams in the CWC with Chelsea. Constantly playing against players with 80% fitness I breezed through the tourney

Been reading this thread all week and really enjoying it. I've decided to give up on my euro journeyman save for now and start this ultimate challenge. I don't get much time to play nowadays so may not even come close to completing this challenge but looking forward to it. Might load. South Africa, s.korea, Australia and China leagues to start off with. If I only load the top leagues have people been saying you cant get a job? Do your chances improve if you win a u23 tournament?

2 hours ago, MShing said:

Been reading this thread all week and really enjoying it. I've decided to give up on my euro journeyman save for now and start this ultimate challenge. I don't get much time to play nowadays so may not even come close to completing this challenge but looking forward to it. Might load. South Africa, s.korea, Australia and China leagues to start off with. If I only load the top leagues have people been saying you cant get a job? Do your chances improve if you win a u23 tournament?

I struggled to get a job in a top league in the nations you have mentioned. If your looking to start in a top division then indonesia is maybe your best bet. Not sure anyone started with an u23 team, not that i have seen anyway

2024 - NEW JOB

Africa over, it's time for a new continent and I'm off to Asia

China specifically and the lovely named club Wuhan Zall

Image result for wuhan zall

Currently half way through the 2024 season and sitting 3rd bottom of the League

6e0b1087700b3cc4551b56d83cde886c.png

The board however have given me £62m to spend!

Edited by fmgrandtourer

7 hours ago, MShing said:

Its taken me 5 years to get a respectable job in a semi decent league (Chile). You might get a job in SA but I doubt you'd get anything in the others with no experience or coaching badges. One or more of the minor Asian leagues will probably help you find a job early and get things rolling - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India etc

4 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

I struggled to get a job in a top league in the nations you have mentioned. If your looking to start in a top division then indonesia is maybe your best bet. Not sure anyone started with an u23 team, not that i have seen anyway

3 minutes ago, Britrock said:

Its taken me 5 years to get a respectable job in a semi decent league (Chile). You might get a job in SA but I doubt you'd get anything in the others with no experience or coaching badges. One or more of the minor Asian leagues will probably help you find a job early and get things rolling - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India etc

Thanks guys. 

I gave it a try, I got the Nigerian u23 job and it was just before the u23 African nations was about to start. 

It took me a while to finalise my squad as I only had 1 keeper, 3 CBS, no full backs but a wealth of attacking midfielders and strikers. 

In the end i had to play 3-5-2 we blitzed through our group of ivory coast, Cameroon and Morocco. 5-1,2-0 & 5-1.

In the semi final we beat south africa 1-0 with a late goal from a corner. Then in the final was our toughest opponents in Egypt. We went 0-1 down after 20 mins. It took us until after half time to equalise. It stayed a tense affair the rest of the game without anything to separate us. So to extra time we went, both teams were exhausted I had more than a few players on 50-60% fitness and all my subs used up. But with about 10 minutes remaining of extra time we scored 2 goals to put the game to bed and win the u23 African cup of nations. 

I shortly resigned after we had finished partying. 

It took a few months and 4 or 5 interviews for me to finally land a job in south africa with Black Leopards who were struggling in 15th. 

5 games in we have won 3, lost 2 and drew 1, we are now 11th and 9 points above the drop zone with 7 games left. I fancy our chances to finish mid table. Then I can start to clear the load of dead wood in the squad and kick on for next season. 

barca.jpg.0704f26480af7c1a226c620aca81d9fa.jpg

Season 12 - 2030/31

Ended up applying for both PSG and Barca, PSG went with Zidan but managed to get the Barca job. The team was pretty  poor, particularly coming from Chelsea where we clean sweeped. Conducted a bit of a rebuild but only had 70m pound budget so had to be smart. Ended up bringing Bottinger from Chelsea from me for a relatively decent price 38.5m, I had rejected 70m+ the previous year.  The club also had two former players I had coached, Bundeliga winner 32yo Jordt and Serie A player of the year 31yo  Odegaard. 

Comps  - the league was a two team affair between us and current champions Atletico. Surprisingly, Barca had not won the league in 5 years so was glad to break that drought on the last day of the year.

Cup Final - lost the final somehow. I had 5 starters out for the final and had to start 2 lightly injured players. I can see the need of having to win cups at the end of the challenge

I must admit I didn't really enjoy my time at Barca so was super glad to win the league. I think a lot of my haste is driven by the fact ive won the Champions League and have nothing to really build for, its more of a tick the box type feel.  I will resign shortly and look to ;eave Europe for the first time in cub management.

With Italy we won the International league against France 1 - 0 in the final. WEre lucky they copped a red in the first half. 

Top Domestic Leagues     4 / 10 - Bundesliga (Wolfsburg 2026), Serie A (AC Milan 2028), Premier League (Chelsea 2030), La Liga (Barcelona 2031)

Cups                                     3 / 10 - Betfred Cup (Arbroath 2023), DFB Pokal (Wolfsburg 2026), FA Cup (Chelsea 2029)

Continental                         2 / 6 - Club World Champs (Chelsea 2029), Champions Cup (Chelsea 2030)

International                       2 / 5 - AFCON (Senegal 2023), Copa America (Brazil 2028

180px-Netherlands_national_football_team

Netherlands National Team

2030 World Cup

After an unimpressive 1-0 win at Georgia, a flip switched, and we steamrolled through the rest of qualification. Dominating the ball, chances, and scoreline in our final five qualifying matches (16-4). Switching to three at the back had proven the right decision. We drew Venezuela and Mali in the WC. Fortunately, we took care of business in our group, meaning we got Costa Rica, lowest ranked team advancing by a good margin, instead of England (world #1). 

2nd round: Costa Rica (79th) - Dominant, but nervy. In control from the first kick, but didn't manage to put one in the back of the net until a 58th-minute pen, and never expanded on that lead, despite plenty of chances. Fortunately, it was enough. Elsewhere, China knocked off Belgium and Ireland knocked off Brazil (after 14 rounds of penalties!)  France also knocked out Argentina on penalties. 

3rd round: Denmark (22nd) - The goals to match the dominance, 4-1. No real upsets elsewhere, but luck of the draw meant France knocked out Italy on penalties and Spain knocked out Germany. Four giants down.

Quarterfinals: China (27th) - Again, we faced the lowest ranked team remaining by a pretty good margin. The result never looked in doubt. Very comfortable 2-0. Elsewhere, France knocked out England and Ireland took down Spain, both on penalties. They'd meet in one semi, we'd face...

Spoiler

Semifinals: Portugal (2nd) - We went in slight underdogs, but we'd beat them, in Lisbon, so liked our chances against them more than I would have against England, France, Italy, etc. Our absurdly easy path to this point meant we were better rested than any other side remaining. Not only had we avoided any extra time, but we'd rested key players for significant stretches along the way.  They had a slight edge early, but Kooistra kept us in it, allowing us to grow into the match. Second half was fairly even, they'd go ahead in the aftermath of a free kick in the 59th minute, only for us to equalize within a minute on a byline pullback to the near post. We created some great chances, and may have been a bit unlucky to not settle it in regulation. Extra time. They seemed reserved to penalties, so we pushed for the winner. 109th minute, pull back, Frenkie de Jong, edge of the box, bottom corner, no chance. 2-1. 

Elsewhere, Ireland's unfathomable run continued, as a 59th minute corner from Mahon, glanced off a striker's head, and into the back of the net. That would prove to be enough.

Spoiler

Final: Ireland (12th) - I'd love to say it was an epic. It wasn't. 120 minutes, 40 fouls, and a couple half chances. Penalties. After trading great saves in the first and second rounds, they proceeded to kick one wide and failed a Panenka. 3-1. 

The Oranje are finally world champs!

Spoiler

78814402_WorldCup.thumb.jpg.9b674a05da9ee926169951f17bb5c3ee.jpg

Edited by XuluBak

Club Football

End-of-Decade Update

Well, it started out promising, as Ancelotti (LFC manager) was linked to replace me at Benfica. He dismissed those rumors and I was replaced by Benjamin Andre (same one Ajax took over me years before) instead. Considered the Ajax post, but ultimately passed. Benfica were forced into a sell off, that included 4 of my first choice 11, and two key role players, but still managed to dominate domestically. They did, however, finally fall to Inter in the Champions League. 

Some big jobs came open throughout the fall and winter window, but nothing I was interested in. Ancelotti was linked with AC Milan, but with Liverpool top, that never seemed likely, even though he was the huge "favorite." His contract was due to expire at the end of the season, and at 70+, maybe he'd retire on top. Once winter window closed, I focused on my international post with no intention of taking anything until after the World Cup.  Ancelotti extended. He guided them to the CL final, but also managed an epic collapse in the league. Only managing one point from the final four matches. Turning what looked like their 20th league title into barely managing to hold onto the 4th CL spot. Adding insult to injury, United would ultimately win the league on GD (over Spurs), with a measly 77 points. Ancelotti was fired days before the CL final. They'd lose to Barca, 2-0.

I applied for the LFC post along with some very intriguing alternatives, but there was a clear front runner. It took a surprisingly long time (dunno if that happens randomly, or I was second choice), but eventually interviewed, and received an offer. I wasn't planning to take the Liverpool job this early in my save, but not much has gone as expected, and I've watched them blow too many chances to win a title from afar...

Obviously, have a very good starting squad to work with, but it needs some reshaping. They brought in Fontaine (my 2nd choice AM-C, LB-IW with Benfica) last summer. Xavi Simons, one of my first choice CMs with Holland, has been with them since being acquired from Celta Viga (arrived there after me). I've agreed terms with Kooistra. I've also targeted Correia (LB/LWB/ML/AML) and Portal (finally won the Ballon d'Or in 2029) from Benfica. 

Elsewhere...

Tuks FC - Solidified themselves in the Premiership, but no new hardware since '24. Not surprising given the lack of financial resources I was given, forcing my departure.

Dalian Yifang - 8 straight CSL titles, multiple FA cups. Broke my points record twice, and might break it again this year. Only won AFC CL once since I left, with Al-Hilal dominating that competition. 

Celta Vigo - They lifted Copa del Rey again in '27, but after missing out on CL football, by one result, for the third time in five years, they've finally moved on from Klopp. He landed at Bayern of all places. 

I would do a best XI, but it'd be hard to justify it being anything other than my Benfica XI at this point.  

Edited by XuluBak

england.jpg.0df8ec9afa60dd39f3a0b209b86a1dac.jpg

World Cup 2034

Qualification

Group Standings

We made light work of what was a very easy qualification campaign. 60 goals scored and just conceded.

Finals

Group stage    Finals Tree

We were given an easy group containing Tunisia and Costa Rica. Two easy wins saw us progress into the 2nd round where we would face Mexico. A resounding 6-0 win saw us progress onto a 3rd round meeting with Croatia. I expected a tight game but we again made light work of our opponents with a 4-0 victory. Onto the quarter finals where we faced Spain. Another game that I expected to be close, ended up being 3-0 to us, and could have been so much more had we not hit the woodwork 4 times. The semi final draw paired us with rivals Germany. I knew this was going to be our toughest game of the tournament to date as being manager of Bayern, I know the sheer talent the nation possesses. A hard fought 1-0 win saw us into the final. In the final we faced Italy, and it was as one sided a final as you will ever see. A 7-1 victory for England saw us crowned world champions for the first time since 1966. 

Squad    Team Of The Tournament

We went into the tournament as one of the favourites as we possess a ridiculously talented squad. Key men for me were:

Luke Collins (AMC) - The Barcelona man is on another planet, 7 goals and 5 assists saw him win the Golden Boot.

Mason Greenwood (ST) - This could be his last tournament, and what a way to go. 

Andy Wordsworth (CM) - The centre midfielder runs games for fun and bagged the Best Player award.

Whats Next

I wont be leaving here just yet. The national pool is overflowing with talent and we have some ridiculous youngsters to blood between now and Euro 2036. With the plan being to try win the Euro's and then move on.

Club Career

Leagues		Cups
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21 S.Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.
2021/22	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL Semi Final
2022/23	S.Africa	APL		M Sundowns	4th	n/a	R2	QF	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners.
2027	Brazil		Serie A		Fluminense	1st	n/a	SF	Win	Win	n/a	League and Champions League Winners
2027/28	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	n/a	3rd	n/a	n/a	SF	n/a	Took over at start of Closing Stages.
2028/29	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	12th	Win	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won Closing Stage Title.
2029/30	Mexico		Liga MX		Club Leon	Win	Win	n/a	n/a	Win	n/a	Won Opening and Closing Stage Title and Champions League Winners.
2031/32	Germany		Bundesliga	B Leverkusen	6th	n/a	R2	n/a	n/a	n/a	Appointed 28/12/31, Knocked our Europa League Last 16.
2032/33	Germany		Bundesliga	BLev/BMun	4th	n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	n/a	Left B Lev for B Mun in March. Already out of Cups/Europe.
2033/34	Germany		Bundesliga	B Munich	1st	n/a	R2	n/a	SF	n/a	League Winners. Lost in CL Semi Final and R2 of Cup.

International Career

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030	Australia	51st		n/a	n/a	GS		Knocked out in World Cup Group stage, sacked after World Cup. 
2031	S Korea		26th		n/a	Win	n/a		Appointed on 21/7/2030. Asian Cup Winners. Resigned after Asian Cup.
2032	Columbia	18th		n/a	QF	n/a		Lost in Copa America QF. Resigned and Appointed England Manager.
2034	England		2nd		n/a	n/a	Win		World Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club Football

5/10 Domestic Leagues	(S. Africa - ASBA Prem 21/22, China - CSL 2024, Brazil - Serie A 2027, Mexico - Liga MX Closing Stage 2029, Germany - Bundesliga 2034)
3/10 Domestic Cups	(S. Africa - NedBank Cup 20/21, China - CFA Cup 2024, Brazil - Copa Perdigao 2026)
4/5 Champions League	(Africa - 2023, Asia 2025, S. America 2027, N. America 2030)
0/1 Club World Cups

International Footbal

1/1 World Cups			(World Cup 2034 - England)

15/32

1 hour ago, SkiIIs said:

anyone know how to fix the Brazilian team names mid game?  I just added the league and have three initials...

Not sure if I can link other sites here so will PM you.

740360b70864ee6b81c.png

Wolves 2027/28

Manager Profile: Crowy 2028

Key Players: Chris Kohler ~ Gian ~ Islam Osman ~ Jose Mateus

Squad: Overview ~ Match Stats

Competitions Overview

I'm just going to post a quick overview to what was frankly a very dissapointing season. We made an excellent start with the signings we made with Kohler and Islam Osman being the stand out signings whilst making £100M profit in the transfer market. I felt I'd transformed this team in to European qualification contenders and with 13 games left in the season we were sitting 5th in the league. I think consistency once again was a problem for me this season I just can't settle on a tactic I want to play, I was shuffling from 5-2-1-2 WB, 3-4-3 and 4-3-3. This team just struggled to gel, they would look like world beaters for 2/3 games then bang can't win for the next 5. I'm going to take my time over this summer transfer I'm going to settle on two tactics before I decide on the transfers I want to make, a couple of the older players like Cutrone will likely move on.

CAREER PROGRESS

1261413282_CareerProgress.thumb.png.3e6ff5ac12e2ecc8a989b8a008ff47a2.png

Small sample size, but the ME seems less forgiving of changing things up throughout the season this year than last. Tactic familiarity is slower to develop and players forming connections takes a lot longer. I'm still curious if my striketeam at Tuks forming a strong connection so quickly was a bug or crazy good luck. I had players with Benfica that never formed those connections after years, yet that striketeam was green within like ten matches. 

7 hours ago, XuluBak said:

Small sample size, but the ME seems less forgiving of changing things up throughout the season this year than last. Tactic familiarity is slower to develop and players forming connections takes a lot longer. I'm still curious if my striketeam at Tuks forming a strong connection so quickly was a bug or crazy good luck. I had players with Benfica that never formed those connections after years, yet that striketeam was green within like ten matches. 

Yes, I totally agree and is probably where my downfall came from. I played 5-2-1-2 for probably 20 of the first 25 games (which saw us 5th) but the team was not playing quite the way I like, I'm quite picky with how my teams play, I should of probably left the tweaking till after the season had finished and attempted to do something different in pre season. I'll try not making that same mistake again.

572850114_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.3ec9ba59345843006b0cacc30209ec2e.png

On another note, I've been appointed as the England manager after they lost in the 2nd Round of Euro 2028. They're currently ranked 2nd in the world, so hoping this will be a fun ride, my plan is to go to atleast 2030 World Cup and perhaps 2032 Euros.

Edited by Crowy

Scott Williams Euro 2032

Badge.png.1b12312cc621324eeb151d5cc7caa606.png

Portugal

Group Stage | Tree

Portugal went into the tournament as one of the favourites. Ranked 4th in the world and being the current holders of the competition it was hardly suprising they were expected to do so well. 

The group contained England (9th), Croatia (11th) and Romania (48th). The first game was against England, touted as favourties to progress with Portugal through to the next round. Scott's men threw an immediate spanner into their plans, comfortably dispatching them 5 (FIVE!) - 0 with five different names on the scoresheet. After that win the camp seemed to assume they had already topped the group and were caught out by a strong Croatian side falling to a 1-0 defeat. They would also go on to beat England and draw with Romania to top the group. Elsewhere England also drew with Romania meaning they finished on 1 point. Portugal managed a 1-0 win putting them through in second place.

In the second round Portugal faced Germany, a much tougher fixture than either side would have hoped for this early on but nonetheless, to win it you have to beat the best at some stage. In the end there was little to worry about 2-0 early on and Germany could only find a response in the 86th when Aruajo turned it into his own net. However, Fabio Silva was on hand to quickly grabbed his second of the game to make it 3-1.

The Quarter Final produced a much kinder draw as Portugal faced Poland. The game ended 4-2, Joao Felix bagging himself a hattrick, with both of Poland's goals coming from set pieces. Elsewhere the world number one, France, were knocked out by Spain. 

The Semi Final match up was against one of the host nations. Holland, who were ranked 3rd in the world. What should have been an intense tactical and possession battle proved to be nothing of the sort. A fairly dull 1-0 victory for Portugal with the winner coming from the spot on the stroke of half time. 

Into the final. Two years in a row for Portugal. Four years ago they faced Belgium, this time around they had to find a way past Italy. Most of the Italian side plays in the Premier League which may have proved to be a factor as they struggled wiht Portugal's ability to pass the ball around. 66% possesion for them was the highest in any round. Silva put the Portuguese in front after 2 minutes and then Moura followed it up with a close range shot after a move involving 8 of the 10 outfield players stringing together 19 passes. Italy got one back but they didn't manage to find an equaliser. Just to make sure Simoes made it 3-1 in the 92nd minute to ensure that Portugal retained the title. Champions Of Europe 2032!

Club Football

On the club side of things, Scott left Bournemouth after coming under pressure from the board. Winless in 6 before Christmas left the side in 11th place with the board wanting Europa League qualification. It should have been possible with the squad he had built, but for whatever reason they just weren't clicking. Perhaps it was to do with the age of the squad, or the lack of a homegrown core to the team. Either way Scott parted ways before he got another sacking. Bournemouth went on to finish in 10th place with their new manager and of course having got to the final of the FA Cup in the two seasons prior to Scotts tenure, went on to win it after he left. 

Scott now finds himself in Italy managing AC Milan. He took over with 7 games to go. And got a record of 4-2-1 which included a win over fallen giants Juventus, and draws against rivals Inter and Roma. Next season they'll be looking to win the Europa League for the second time in 3 years and hoping to break into the top 4 having just missed out by 8 points last season. 

Personnel Career

Clubs Managed: 8
Nations Managed: 5
Trophies Won: 12
Runner Up Medals: 5
Manager of the Year: 3
2022, 2026/27, 2029, 2030 (Winner) | 2020, 2025/26 (Runner up)
Number of Sackings: 2 (Kaizer Chiefs, Suwon)

Career Earnings: £9.75 Million
---------------------------------------------------

Club Career

Season	NAT	Club		Division	Pos	Cup 1	Cup 2	Cont	CWC	Things to Note					
2020	CHI	Nublense	Primera Div B	6th	R2	-	-	-	Playoff Winners, U19s Runners up in Div 1
2021	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	7th	R2	-	R1	-
2022	CHI	Curico Unido	Primera Div	1st	Won	-	R1	-	Domestic Double, MOTY
2022/23	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	17th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2023/24	ARG	CA Union	Superliga	15th	R5	-	-	-	Avoided Relegation
2024/25	ARG	CA Union	Superliga						Resigned End of Phase 1
2025/26	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	2nd	RU	Won	-	-	KO Cup Winners RU in other Comps
2026/27	RSA	Kaizer Chiefs	Asba Prem	3rd	RU	R1	Won	-	Champions League Winners, MOTY
2027	KOR	Suwon		K League 1	7th		-	QF	-	Joined July in 5th, Sakced September 15th
2027/28	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	-	-	-	-	Joined December in 8th
2028/29	ARG	Velez		Superliga	1st	Won	-	QF	-	Domestic Double
2029/30	ARG	Velez		Superliga	2nd	Won	-	Won	-	Copa Libertadores and Copa Argentina Winners, won both Supercups MOTY
2030/31	ENG	AFC Bournemouth	Premier League	9th	R3	R2	-	-	Somehow won Superliga manager of the year for 2030
2031/32 ITA	AC Milan	Serie A		6th	-	-	-	-	Joined with 7 games remaining U18s won the legaue and cup
----------------------------------------------------

International Career

Season	Nation		Rank	Continental	World Cup	Things to Note
2023	Honduras	67th	-		-		Relegated from Nations League
2024	Honduras	72rd	-		-		Qualified for Gold Cup 2025
2024	Russia		42nd	-		-		2nd in NL Div B	
2026	Russia		30th	-		2nd Rnd v SUI	Topped Group, Lost to Switzerland
2027	Nigeria		12th	RU		-		AFCON Runners Up, Resigned as manager
2031	Guinea-Bissau	53rd	Won				AFCON Winners
2032	Portugal	 3rd	Won		-		European Championship Winners
-----------------------------------------------------
Challenge Progress
2/10 Leagues 		(Chile; Curico Unido 2022, Argentina; Velez 2028/29)
3/10 Cups		(Copa Chile; Curico Unido 2022, RSA Telkom KO; Kaizer Chiefs 2025/26, Copa Argentina; Velez 2028)
2/5  Continental	(Africa; Kaizer Chiefs 2026/27, South America; Velez 2029)
0/1  Worlds

2/5 Continental 	(AFCON; Guinea-Bissau 2031, EUROS; Portugal 2032)
0/1 Worlds

Total 
9/32

Edited by bjwphneb

everton+3.png

2025 Everton de Vina del Mar end of season review

A fun season in Chile with a good start and finish but a terrible middle. We ended up in 4th which I thought was enough to get us into the Libertadores but I think we've ended up in the Sudamericana again. We didn't do very well in that last season, only reaching the second round before going out to a Colombian team, so maybe a second attempt at that will be more successful. We made it to the quarters of the Copa Chile before going down to Antofagasta, who finished second in the league, but whom we annoyingly beat comfortably both times in the league. We bedded in a lot of young players through the year, our U19 team was packed full with stud attacking midfielders and I ran into an injury crisis near the end of the year so they came in very useful. My star striker Rivero broke his leg about halfway through the season, but Leiva and Carvajal made up the difference between them - with all 3 of them 21 or 22 the future is bright up front.

image.thumb.png.5b48211da6aa83ec0f38fce92834eca3.png

image.thumb.png.6c7bd2e9ec1f03f04bc231df97d493e8.pngimage.thumb.png.09f715e0a05ca8cdfb00ed6925276b92.png

image.thumb.png.68168c59a7ee3bbe5744fc1e64385b6a.pngimage.thumb.png.55a186796f4a22fc1e50ce0d1e938cc6.png

image.thumb.png.2b770e52ce4a0e997645a5ed951bf995.png

Finances are shaky at best, I spent a fair bit in the transfer market last summer and we've never recovered from that despite being inside the wage budget. It would appear the board's ideas were bigger than their wallet!

image.thumb.png.a22e5e70467563ed753239f905f77271.png

The board have allowed me to study for my Pro licence so hopefully I can use that and another good season in Chile to gain a job in a top league to challenge for a Champions League somewhere. I'm not sure the finances are going to work out here even though I absolutely love the team I've built.

image.thumb.png.31be87beef9158044d8b66e1f15ee269.png

740px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Liverpool FC

2030-31 Season Preview

It's been a crazy summer, but my first season as Liverpool manager is hours from kickoff. We're projected to finish second, but I don't know if that reflects the drastic changes I've made in a relatively short time. On the pitch and off. I've significantly overhauled the coaching staff, both for the senior squad and academy. I've switched to a 3412 (or variant thereof) from Ancelotti's 4231, and with less than 3 weeks to prepare, it's likely we're a bit behind the curve in terms of tactical preparation. I've also crammed an entire transfer window into a relatively short time. Sending out excess attacking players (AM-L/R) or back-end players I didn't think were to my standards, and consolidating those resources to acquire: Portal, Correia, Matheus, and Kooistra.  We also lent out some promising youngsters. 

Trent Alexander-Arnold wears the armband and will be asked to man the right side, for at least one more season, before moving into the midfield. We have an abundance of attacking midfielders and attack-oriented central midfielders, with Joao Felix and Reinier (Flemengo) being the headliners, both of whom have been with the club for nearly a decade. We have two world-class keepers (curious to see if I can keep both happy) and four very good options in defense. This is a bigger squad than I'd normally operate with, but I think that was inevitable given the timeline. My biggest question at this point is do I have a striker that pairs well with Portal in the squad or do I need to seek one out? 

Spoiler

1157361421_ChallengeTable.thumb.jpg.49e0633191accf1a97374f009307c3f0.jpg

1543608920_Crowy_Inbox-3.thumb.png.33ae206ef45dbb7cf690c8c571c29cbb.png

441033642_WolverhamptonWanderers_SeniorSquad.thumb.png.289a87de990dcecf6b7c60b2ccec8bb1.png

So we had a great start to our season at Wolves performing above expectations then boom take over, and sacked a week or two later. It's really frustrating as I felt I was finally getting somewhere with Wolves. I'd built a decent enough team to challenge for top 4 and then next season attract the players to challenge for the title. I'll probably look to go to South America or Africa next and get that leg of the challenge out of the way.

CLUB CAREER PROGRESS

726359572_CareerProgress.thumb.png.4651cb4faa117e62b064e2248047e08f.png

2025 - Wuhan Zall

What a season! We smashed everyone in the Super league to win it with 5 games to spare. My 2nd League title in the challenge. Unfortunately we couldn't replicate that.

589bcf6bedcfb14d7d8d5b7af6911260.png

Unbeaten as well. I went crazy with signings and it paid off. Over the season I signed 21 players, all Chinese and all better than what I had. The money is stupid in China meaning, as long the player is interested you will always get them. Scout every expensive Chinese player and if they're over 3* bring them in! As you can see it worked a treat. £81m to spend next season!

In other news - I am now doing my Continental Pro Licence and my Rep is up to ""

I also won the 2025 African Nations with Ivory Coast, the 2nd time in a row I've managed it

327017aacf5267f8e3ac6c9c8c031800.png

On 12/02/2020 at 19:15, Crowy said:

1543608920_Crowy_Inbox-3.thumb.png.33ae206ef45dbb7cf690c8c571c29cbb.png

441033642_WolverhamptonWanderers_SeniorSquad.thumb.png.289a87de990dcecf6b7c60b2ccec8bb1.png

So we had a great start to our season at Wolves performing above expectations then boom take over, and sacked a week or two later. It's really frustrating as I felt I was finally getting somewhere with Wolves. I'd built a decent enough team to challenge for top 4 and then next season attract the players to challenge for the title. I'll probably look to go to South America or Africa next and get that leg of the challenge out of the way.

CLUB CAREER PROGRESS

726359572_CareerProgress.thumb.png.4651cb4faa117e62b064e2248047e08f.png

very stiff mate!

On 03/01/2020 at 17:09, ryanlion28 said:

Half Season 1 2019 - Geylang International

First season in management complete and here's how it went

image.thumb.png.859907bafdac2800048c909fbc21a462.png

image.thumb.png.379d373a3f496246823dc50f7f8c96c9.png

I took over in July when they were in 7th, and finished in 6th, I just don't know where i can take this team, we have 1 5* player who's leaving on a free as he doesn't want to renew his contract, i can only register 2 foreign players, and the team's depth is awful.

Home United, the job i really wanted won the league comfortably which makes it worse, i'll try to rebuild in preseason but don't intend to stay here too long

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2019      Geylang                  Singapore PL                     6th       Prelim, Group Stage        NA            Took over after we were out of Singapore Cup, 7th in league

Been gone for ages, this was my first save and found the training and stuff a bit overwhelming having been so used to my long term FM14 save where it was a lot easier.. But came back today

image.thumb.png.5f47e6c750149617d2ca346df65bb70f.png

The team is just awful, my tactics are awful, I'm gonna get sacked cos there's no way i'm winning 2 games, so i'm just going to resign.

Awful start to the save but i'll take a job in the Welsh league or something now hopefully, just want to start a fresh.

Disaster.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2019      Geylang                  Singapore PL                     6th       Prelim, Group Stage        NA            Took over after we were out of Singapore Cup, 7th in league

2020      Geylang                  Singapore PL                     8th       Prelim, NA                   NA       Resigned after 14 games to avoid sack

bayern.jpg.36e71da619346c7c035d9b5944647d82.jpg

Season 2034/35 

Competitions

Bundesliga - League Table    Results 1    Results 2

Back to back league titles was expected with the quality we possess. We had the odd blip, but mostly dominated every team we faced. 

DFB Pokal - Results

Our main aim for the season was to win this, and that we did, just. The final against Dortmund was a real tight game and could have gone either way.

Champions League - Results  

I knew we had a great chance of success this year, and an unbeaten group stage furthered that hope. Then we lost the first game against Lyon and i was looking at a early exit that may have even seen me sacked. We managed to turn it around in the second leg and even managed to squeeze past PSG in the quarter finals. After this a tie against Milan followed by a final against Seville. 

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers

The team is by far the most talented I have managed throughout this save, and every single player is up there with being one of the best in the world in their respective roles. 3 key men this season were:

Milovan Pelemis (ST) - The Serbian is lethal up top and scores some absolute screamers.

Carsten Baumjohann (MC) - Our only summer signing came in and made the role his own instantly.

Dmitry Petrenko (CB) - He is simply a tank in the defence.

Next Season

Manager Profile 

Our time in Germany is at an end. Having won all that is required here I resigned the day after the Champions League final due to both the Porto and PSV jobs being open. Had interviews with both and said to myself the first to offer me the job, would be my new club. A week later and I was appointed. With 5 leagues left to win including 4 mandatory ones, this will be a good test.

Club Career

Leagues		Cups
2034/35	Germany		Bundesliga	B Munich	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	Win	n/a	League, Cup, Supercup and Champions League Winners.

International Career

2034	England		2nd		n/a	n/a	Win		World Cup Winners.
2035	England		2nd		SF	n/a	n/a		Lost in Nations League Semi Final.

Challenge Progress

Club Football

4/10 Domestic Cups	(S. Africa - NedBank Cup 20/21, China - CFA Cup 2024, Brazil - Copa Perdigao 2026, Germany - DFB Pokal 34/35)
5/5 Champions League	(Africa - 2023, Asia 2025, S. America 2027, N. America 2030, Europe 2035)
0/1 Club World Cups

International Footbal

1/1 World Cups			(World Cup 2034 - England)

17/32

everton+3.png

2026 Everton de Vina del Mar season review

A good season in the league saw us only lose three times and two of those were to the now 7 times consecutive champions Universidad de Chile. Unfortunately 12 draws was our downfall in the league, too many teams sitting deep defensively with us unable to break them down. We played some great football all season, dominating possession in every game (averaging 61% all year) and completing almost 2,500 more passes than the next best team (not bad in a 30 game season!). As a result our defence was great, with 16 clean sheets leading the league.

The Copa Chile was another failure, going out in the quarters to a team we later smashed 5-2 in the league. The Copa Sudamericana drew us against two Brazilian teams. We just got past Goias but Corinthians were a step too far.

I've started looking for another job as I'm not sure I can break Universidad's hold on the league. They seem to be getting more dominant with each passing season. I had an interview with Atlanta United but they went with someone else and I've applied for Independiente Medellin who are the biggest team in Colombia, the league ahead of Chile in the CONMEBOL rankings.

image.thumb.png.dead8b2d1c5853dbf6e0b1b378b77075.png image.thumb.png.8e8a24f0b3346bba617fe15a67eefa6b.png

image.thumb.png.342c33bd2276e8aa2dec89da104457f0.png image.thumb.png.d742af34b676df8af5a8da8521bec04a.png

image.thumb.png.68f3244bd2e33699713b14627c8abb4a.pngimage.thumb.png.1e5a51d51449005af06cdfc1afd029b5.png

Finances are much better this season. We sold a lot of deadwood in the offseason, then a couple of promising youngsters were moved on for big fees in midseason. Puga to Universidad to £750k and Boog to Genoa for £1.3m! We might have a £4m transfer warchest for next season, which if I stay should help things along.

image.thumb.png.5874477306463ffea5c88fadd17c4c0a.png

image.thumb.png.5dec079727fad64b77fdec5c47f2b24c.pngimage.thumb.png.9f755cdb8326741744ab58993e719fb7.png

image.png.9b25fdd664ef638396584f92c2d7e34a.png

2026 Nigeria end of year review

I took over the Nigeria job after the world cup, with a view to the AFCON. I was offered both the Nigerian and Ivorian jobs but Nigeria are the highest ranked African team so I went with them. We had a fairly easy qualifying group, although we managed to lose to Congo to an own goal from a corner in the 4th minute. We hammered South Sudan twice and held South Africa to a draw which was enough to qualify top of the group. It's going to be an interesting summer as the AFCON is in June/July which is the middle of the Chile season!

image.thumb.png.c9f818b8f01a921b54f57bbc0adc6e53.pngimage.thumb.png.6ceceaf96dbf7611e0027b7c53894808.png

image.thumb.png.2dabbe37bc46afcaa4e8cf358aa79d3d.png

740px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Liverpool FC

2030-31 Season Review

My first season in charge of my beloved LFC kicked off with a 4-1 thrashing of Arsenal at Anfield; unfortunately, that was not a sign of things to come. A week later, we were fortunate, to escape Old Trafford with a 0-0 draw. Which we followed up with a disappointing trip to Southampton (1-1). Seven straight clean sheets (across competitions) would get us back on track, but our goal production, especially from “reliable sources,” was very concerning, especially on the road. Portal missing a few weeks with injury didn’t help, nor did his struggle to rediscover form.

We wouldn’t score two goals in a league away match until late November, against relegation-bound Leicester City. By that point we’d suffered 5 draws, were 6 points behind United, and 3 behind City. Our leading goalscorer was Correia (LWB), with 4, despite missing a month. Our forwards weren’t fairing much better in cup or continental competitions, managing to score all of one goal across six matches. While the table said we were still in it, our production up front suggested otherwise. I was just hoping we’d continue to get enough results to keep me employed (i.e., stay top 4), and hopefully, get a very fortunate draw in the FA cup. Maybe by then we'd figure out how to score.   

Fortunately, thanks to some help from my old rivals, Sporting CP, we’d managed to clinched advancement, and nearly our group, through four UCL matchdays. We’d face them next, in what was essentially a throw away game. Speaking with some fellow managers, I felt inspired to try something drastic and change it up. We went 433, with Portal out wide, and Matias as a F9. Worst case scenario, we lose, Barca is out, and we lock up the group at home against Olympiacos on Matchday six. Best case scenario…

Spoiler

Turned out better than I ever could have imagined.

Four points clear of United heading into the North West Derby. We’d dominate, same result: 0-0. A few weeks later, Portal would essentially make it a two-horse race, with a glorious, delayed back post run and header, assisted by none other than Trent Alexander-Arnold. Both sides would take care of business until mid-April. First, Arsenal would take a point off United, then Sheffield United would take all three from us (2-1). Invincibility gone. Points margin gone, but we had a game in hand, and slight goal differential. Injuries and dip in form had me concerned, but there was no slip. They’d drop two points in the Manchester Derby, and we’d finish with four straight clean-sheet victories…

Finally securing #20!

EFL and FA Cup

Spoiler

After getting passed Brentford in underwhelming fashion Arsenal did us a favor, knocking us out of the EFL cup in the fourth round during our forward goal strike of 2030.

Luck of the FA Cup draw matched us up against four consecutive Championship sides. Four straight clean sheets later, we'd play a Merseyside Derby in the semifinals. We started well enough, going up in the 18th minute, and largely dominated the first half, but failed to extend our lead. They fought back in the second half, equalizing, then going up 2-1 in the 71st minute. Just when I thought they’d spoiled our party, they got Portal’d. First, a low driven cross from Correia to the penalty spot, back the way it came, no chance. Extra time? Nah. Portal’s got plans. One, two, three missed tackles. Fake left, slide it right passed the keeper. Arsenal in the final. Far less dramatic. 1-0 inside ten minutes, Portal would make it 2, and they never looked like scoring. Domestic double!

Champions League

Spoiler
Spoiler

After taking care of business in the group, who do we get first in the knockout rounds? Benfica! Still dominant in Portugal, but the team I’d managed was largely spread across Europe (including three among our ranks). An aging Ferro and mysteriously benched Dantas were the only key pieces remaining. Away first, a largely dull affair with no real chances to speak of for either side. We made sure their trip to Anfield was memorable: 5-0.

Spoiler

Roma in the QF (coincidentally, they’d faced Porto in the KO round). Away first, comfortable, 1-0. With the away goal in hand, they had to chase. Up 2-0 inside 15 minutes. They never looked like scoring. Their only chance of the entire tie was a stoppage time penalty, that Kooistra saved. He’s pretty good at that.

Spoiler

PSG in the semifinals. Haaland, Sancho, Mbappe. Ugh. Making matters worse, we were home first, so we had to go for it. We were surprisingly dominant (12-1 shots on target), but only managed to come away with a 1-0 victory, off a shocking goalkeeping error. I wasn’t overly optimistic going in, and it felt like we really blew it not coming away with more. Adding insult to injury, our right winger (1st in assists and 2nd in goals, despite not being a regular until almost halfway through the season) went down with a training injury for 3 weeks. Tried to sit back and catch them on the counter, knowing a goal would likely put it away. Jamie (F9) almost did just that with a well-worked headed chance early on, but it went just wide. Pretty much all PSG the rest of the way, but like us, they were wasteful. They evened up the tie (1-1) in the 59th minute, on a horrendously defended free kick. It looked like Sancho had played Mbappe in for a certain winner, post. Kooistra would make a couple massive saves. Extra time. We went for it. 103rd minute. Corner, blocked shot, lucky bounce, Girard (RCB) blasted it through the back of the net. Exhausted and demoralized, they never threatened to send it to kicks.

Elsewhere…

United vs Inter. The Italian giants held for a 0-0 road draw in the first leg, so figured we were destined to meet again. Not so fast. Down 0-1 off a 6th minute corner. United went down a man in the 25th minute, but Inter still couldn’t find an answer.  United put it away in the 75th minute. 2-0. North West Derby in the Champions League Final. Doesn’t get much bigger than that…

Spoiler

Nou Mestalla, Valencia. Almost certainly my least favorite place to play in Spain. It became apparent early on that our press wasn’t working, so we let them have the ball. They dominated possession, and got shots, but Portal had two premium chances on the counter. One saved brilliantly, one put wide. Just when I thought it was heading to the locker rooms scoreless. Push on a harmless freekick, penalty. Ugh. Vinicius Jr., WIDE! Still 0-0. Whew.

Second half. Not much happening until a Ben Chilwell laser into the upper, near-post corner put them up, 0-1. Tick, tock. We couldn’t sit back anymore. Just as things started to get tense, a gorgeous display of one-touch football found its way to Correia (now at LM), perfect first touch to create space, courtesy dive, in off the post, 1-1. Heading to extra time with the momentum…not so fast. Out of nothing, Chilwell slices us open with a perfect cross to the back post to Marcos (AMR), back into the opposite netting. 1-2, 89th minute.  Some words were said. They were not polite. United fans celebrating like it’s ’99. Late corner! Nothing, back to Kooistra, under pressure, long to the left flank, Correia headed flick on, Tremble boxed in, 1-2 creates space, long diagonal from just inside the halfway line, chested down, onto his right…PORTAL!!!

Extra time. It seemed like a Portal ET winner was destined. It wasn’t. Penalties. They buried their first. Portal, maybe the greatest striker of his generation, cool as you like in the biggest moments…except penalties. Right at the keeper. Not polite words. Kooistra kept getting close, but no luck. Marcos, scorer of the could-have-been championship winner, another chance to be the hero…KOOISTRA!!! Make, make, make, make, make. In the 8th round, their taker tried a Panenka. It didn’t work in the World Cup Final and it didn’t work here. Tremble to win it…drilled the same spot in the back of the net as Portal’s equalizer. That makes Seven!

Spoiler

410408114_LFCUCLFinal.thumb.jpg.bbbdad81ce5250722bfac25ff18acd33.jpg

TLDR version: We started the season strong defensively, but couldn't score consistently, especially on the road. Fortunate results, provided us a throw away game at Sporting CP, which completely turned our season around. We switched from a 352 to a 433, moved Portal outside, and went on a 15-game rampage, outscoring our opponents 45-3. Turning what looked a lost season into the greatest in Liverpool Football Club's history, culminating in an epic Champions League victory over bitter rivals, Manchester United, to complete the treble.

Now what?

I honestly don't know. How do you top that? Another absolutely incredible season, capped with ridiculous drama. Not gonna lie, that was awesome. But I'm admittedly getting a bit bored. It feels like my save is absurdly lucky. Granted, some big tactical gambles paid off, for my season as a whole, but more acutely against PSG/MU, but still...I'd basically considered my season lost after EPL matchday 11, only to take 76 of 81 remaining points, sneak by PSG, Portal Everton, twice, then did it to United for good measure, on the way to a treble. I don't want to leave LFC yet, and I'm really curious to see what Portal/Jaime can do as they master the RMD/F9 roles (note: Portal's epic finale was as a #9), but I'm also fairly burned out with this save. So probably gonna take a break. Maybe a long one, maybe indefinite. I need a break from this challenge, but I also need a different kind of challenge. Maybe something where I struggle to get by, not have crazy things go my way to complete insane trebles. 

If I counted right, that makes 16/31. This thing truly is a marathon!

Challenge Table.jpg

Edited by XuluBak

12 hours ago, Britrock said:

I took over the Nigeria job after the world cup, with a view to the AFCON. I was offered both the Nigerian and Ivorian jobs but Nigeria are the highest ranked African team so I went with them. We had a fairly easy qualifying group, although we managed to lose to Congo to an own goal from a corner in the 4th minute. We hammered South Sudan twice and held South Africa to a draw which was enough to qualify top of the group. It's going to be an interesting summer as the AFCON is in June/July which is the middle of the Chile season!

Think of the frequent flyer miles though!

16 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Our time in Germany is at an end. Having won all that is required here I resigned the day after the Champions League final due to both the Porto and PSV jobs being open. Had interviews with both and said to myself the first to offer me the job, would be my new club. A week later and I was appointed. With 5 leagues left to win including 4 mandatory ones, this will be a good test.

Definitely the right choice. Porto is the worst. 

23 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

Think of the frequent flyer miles though!

Haha, if I manage to do well in the AFCON then I can definitely see myself having to manage two games on the same day on two totally different continents... Anyone ever had this issue and know how the game might handle it? Do I get to manage both games or do I have to assign my assistant to one? Maybe I'll find out in 6 months time!

In other news Medellin didn't want me, and I guess the Nigeria job might be one of the reasons (they asked about it in the interview). Looks like another year in Chile.

5 hours ago, Britrock said:

Haha, if I manage to do well in the AFCON then I can definitely see myself having to manage two games on the same day on two totally different continents... Anyone ever had this issue and know how the game might handle it? Do I get to manage both games or do I have to assign my assistant to one? Maybe I'll find out in 6 months time!

In other news Medellin didn't want me, and I guess the Nigeria job might be one of the reasons (they asked about it in the interview). Looks like another year in Chile.

In FM18 You Get To Manage Both

3 hours ago, pug 407 said:

In FM18 You Get To Manage Both

Thanks for that, good to know. However ... it won't be necessary as I've now taken over Club Nacional de Football, the biggest team in Uruguay. And in my first game in charge we dominated last seasons league champions Danubio in the Super Cup final. And when I say dominated, I mean it!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.cache.images.cor

image.thumb.png.5831613fe9ce95ade17ee8f5bb1d62b6.pngimage.thumb.png.c7e883c7d1b7fd3e34317db892020ee6.png

image.thumb.png.f3ee042fd93aede906c5cc2afc9e6f4e.png

In terms of the season, I'm expected to win the league and we're in the Libertadores so I've still got that to look forwards to although I do have to qualify so hopefully I don't run into another Brazilian juggernaut!

image.thumb.png.25e3e3284bb6e76d744b55493a473691.png

Bildresultat för cf monterrey

CF Monterrey - 2030/31 report

(Club change)

I have absolutely hated my time in Mexico and decided to leave for the Eredivisie side Ajax. My tactic stopped working as the patch came out and I had bought players to fit that tactic only, which meant nothing else I created worked either. I need a new beginning, a clean slate. I think the 32% win rate is the worst of my career yet. Goodbye Mexico, I'll be back later.

My key players from Monterrey:

Francisco Murillo

Leonardo Huarana

Enrique Ramos

Manuel Montoya

Maximiliano González

Deiner Gómez

Manager Profile

League Table

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th
2020	     Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                QF    	     Group Stage	-		    National C licence	
2021         Magni	      Iceland            1. delid karla   5th 	 	     R32  	     SF			-		    National B licence, resigned after last game
2022	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     Group stage     -                  -                   Got my first international job, National A licence	
2023	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     QR2             -                  -                   Continental C and A licence      
2024	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden   	         Division 1 north 1st                Won in QR2      -                  -                   -     	    
2025	     Hammarby FF      Sweden	         Allsvenskan      1st                Group stage     -                  -                   Continental Pro licence
2026	     Guangzhou E.     China              Chinese Super L. 1st                R16	     -                  -                   -
2027         Guangzhou E.     China		 Chinese Super L. 2nd                R16             -                  Winners             Won the supercup as well
2027/28      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 10th               -               -                  -                   Won the supercup
2028/29      Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 1st                R16             -                  -                   - 
2029         Boca Juniors     Argentina          Primera División 6th*               Winners         -                  SF                  *left manager position after 17 games 
2030/31	     CF Monterrey     Mexico		 Liga Bancomer MX 13th*              Group stage     -                  -                   *finished 7th and lost in QF in 1st phase, left manager position after 14 games of 2nd phase       

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
2022         Haiti           -			-		 -
2023         Nigeria         AFCON		R16		 Sacked after AFCON

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

3/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Sweden, China, Argentina)
 1/10  Top Domestic Cups (Argentina)
 1/5   Continentals Cups (Asia)
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM