The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Earls quest for Ultimate Football Manager Challenge FM 2019

Season 2019/20 Glentoran Northern Ireland Danske Bank Premiership

We started the season in a decent way, and it became clear early that only Larne and Crusaders could follow us. For me league seems to be the easiest of the competitions in this game, keeping a steady performance through the entire season.

However the season opened with winning the Charity Shield competition.

145496240_Skjermbilde2019-12-09kl_09_04_33.thumb.png.8ab158a72a34b644409b190d28c76b0f.png

Soon we won another title, the County Antrim Shield, so both Northern Irish competitions that doesn't count in this challenge was in the box.

479923832_Skjermbilde2019-12-10kl_09_59_52.thumb.png.64d292f184c80c78d7d35407a929373b.png

However in the Irn-Bru cup we didn't stand a chance as soon as we faced too good opposition.

652482381_Skjermbilde2019-12-09kl_12_50_17.thumb.png.07c5a869f8c44d6919783fa40c0c83db.png

The two cups that does matter was a different story. We did pretty well in the league cup, but lost in the semis against Larne.

42012285_Skjermbilde2019-12-10kl_10_56_04.thumb.png.7af2a2f6b7d7c9550dd1865c14d13149.png

In the FA-Cup we went all the way to the final, but Cliftonville proved too strong on the day.

1431779819_Skjermbilde2019-12-18kl_06_06_01.thumb.png.5e2df9d22dca12b2244ffb0612ed8dbc.png

As I mentioned the league seems for me the easiest way on many occasions. So this did season. Larne proved difficult on internal matches, but they could not keep a steady performance, an intact they finished third in the end.

312315793_Skjermbilde2019-12-17kl_15_03_20.thumb.png.f7bcce23e46ff0dcda9c3a218da79425.png968080991_Skjermbilde2019-12-18kl_05_54_30.thumb.png.25b7037fcc7177f07c805fc37ee18f25.png

In the end a very successful season, with Manager of the month 3 times and Manager of the year awards.

I have a National A-Licensce now, and a reputation of 30%.

HISTORY AND STATS

Season	- Team		- Nation	- League pos.	- FA Cup	- League Cup	- Other Cups		-	Notes
2018/19	- Glentoran	- N/A		- 5th		- NA		- NA			- NA				- Took over in 8th
2019/20	- Glentoran	- N/A		- 1st		- Finalist	- Semi Final	- Won 2 minor Cups	- Left the club as champion

League wins: 1/10 - Northern Ireland 2019/20 (with Glentoran)
Cup wins: 0/10
Continental cup wins: 0/5
Club World Cup: 0/1
International wins: 0/7

All time stats:

Games	- Won	- Draw	- Lost	- Goals For	- Goals against
80	- 52	- 15	- 13	- 165		- 85

All time highest goalscorer: Peter McMahon 34 goals (Glentoran)
All time most assists: Nathan Kerr and Ross Redman 22 assists each (Glentoran)

All time Best XI

Goalkeeper: Brian Markey - Glentoran
Right Back: Nathan Kerr - Glentoran
Centre Back: Calum Birney - Glentoran
Centre Back: Gavin Peers - Glentoran
Left Back: Ross Redman - Glentoran
Central Midfielder: Conor Pepper - Glentoran
Central Midfielder: John McGuigan - Glentoran
Central Midfielder: John Herron - Glentoran
Striker: Peter McMahon - Glentoran
Striker: Robbie McDaid - Glentoran
Striker: Michael McCrudden - Glentoran

Edited by TheEarl
Edited for cosmetic purposes

The Earls quest for Ultimate Football Manager Challenge FM 2019

Season 2020 Cork City FC Ireland Airtricity Premier League

I left Glentoran after the league win and took over Cork City FC in the Irish Premier League. The club was 8th when I took over, but I promised the board a top half finish.

1513240660_Skjermbilde2019-12-18kl_08_19_54.thumb.png.961b7700e168724ee9c962c37813b919.png

The remainder of this season was somewhat unusual for me. We didn't perform in the league at all from my start. Drawing too many matches, and also loosing some. But we often dominated, and I was sure I could be doing better. Well it almost went very wrong. 8 matches from the end, we where 9th and facing relegation. I was facing the sack, thats when we finally begun to win.

FA-Cup was lost in the quarter final, but we won the League Cup. That probably saved my position as a manager. Together with a really good run in the Irn-Bru Cup. (As I write this, we are in the semi final to be played in 2021.)

1053919490_Skjermbilde2019-12-18kl_12_33_18.thumb.png.5a67018fe67af06a77b7e22f174ae75c.png2135798481_Skjermbilde2019-12-18kl_12_45_56.thumb.png.28fa9a5e06ac95ee64129c572bcc7eca.png

So another title for my achievements, one I didn't count on so soon with this club.

Back to the league, we finally strung together some wins in a row. With one match to go, everything could happen. We could get relegated (although highly unlikely given our good goal difference), or we could get a place in Europe.

None of those happened, as we drew our final game of the season. However we where in Europe, with 1,5 minute to go of the season, thats when Bohemian equalized.

94943785_Skjermbilde2019-12-18kl_13_55_16.thumb.png.3af2a2d4b5630a110a8345fbf63928ee.png

HISTORY AND STATS

Season	- Team		- Nation	- League pos.	- FA Cup	- League Cup	- Other Cups		-	Notes
2018/19	- Glentoran	- N/A		- 5th		- NA		- NA		- NA				- Took over in 8th
2019/20	- Glentoran	- N/A		- 1st		- Finalist	- Semi Final	- Won 2 minor Cups	- Left the club as champion
2020	- Cork City FC	- N/A		- 7th		- Quarter finals- Winners	- No wins		- Took over in 8th

League wins: 1/10 - Northern Ireland 2019/20 (with Glentoran)
Cup wins: 1/10 - Ireland 2020 (League Cup with Cork City FC)
Continental cup wins: 0/5
Club World Cup: 0/1
International wins: 0/7

All time stats:

Games	- Won	- Draw	- Lost	- Goals For	- Goals against
104	- 64	- 22	- 18	- 209		- 115

All time highest goalscorer: Peter McMahon 34 goals (Glentoran)
All time most assists: Nathan Kerr and Ross Redman 22 assists each (Glentoran)

All time Best XI

Goalkeeper: Tadgh Ryan - Cork City FC
Right Back: Nathan Kerr - Glentoran
Centre Back: Calum Birney - Glentoran
Centre Back: Gavin Peers - Glentoran
Left Back: Ross Redman - Glentoran
Central Midfielder: Conor Pepper - Glentoran
Central Midfielder: John McGuigan - Glentoran
Central Midfielder: John Herron - Glentoran
Striker: Peter McMahon - Glentoran
Striker: Robbie McDaid - Glentoran
Striker: Graham Cummins - Cork City FC

Edited by TheEarl

Previous Post: Season 1

Season 2: 2020/2021 PSPS Pekanbaru

rpxK2mgzfDbKwDGrzRMpKRfbtBntJ_9KqDcvqbLkSd84NlfFFJVJufdSfcdJV51_GOTikr2XAGmEnRR19CmoPxVQO4Jh8m3ljToIaKOX3f37tOC36fOjvZTx9cVStFreoqVt0uoU

The Build Up

My first foray into a top division and the clubs first return to the top division in 5 years, excitement was high but the board was quite realistic with what layed ahead and had just outlined to fight bravely against relegation with the media prediction putting us as top contenders for relegation by some distance. We reinforced as much as possible in the summer our reputation got a slight improvement with us rising from 1 star to 1.5 after our suprise promotion and cup win last year unfortunately that didnt effect things too much in the transfer window and the calibre of player on offer was somewhat lacking however some decent upgrades were acquired and with outgoings too the squad had taken shape somewhat with depth in each position. Prolific goalscorers do seem to be lack in Indoensia with most teams wingers and strikers rarely breaking 10 to 12 goals for the year. My main goal for the year was going to be to get as far in the Asian Confederations Cup as possible as in all my years in FM this was a totally new tournament to me and seemed quite different from anything ive played in before with good prize money on offer it seemed like a sure fire way to secure the clubs future.

The League

Overall i can't be too unhappy with the league performance our form was quite up and down with us really struggling for a consistent goal scorer all year, our number 10 from last POTY of division 2 took a while to settle into the division but eventaully started to find his feet and when he did we begin to see some good form develop.We had a very promising start to the year with two emphatic 5 nil wins which got me thinking this could be a bit of comfortable year,hoever FM soon brought me back down to earth and we struggled for the next 2 months to reall find any form i made a slight tweak to our tactics after this as i found the long ball was really punishing us as it does most teams in this FM so i set out to make us hard to score against and hopefully knick a goal from set pieces and the odd bit of nice play we can manage. As you can see from June to August this really paid off and we conceded only one goals in that time and only another 2 between then and our first defeat which saw us shoot up the table as anyone seems to be capable of beating anyone this season with last years champs languishing in mid table it seems like quite the volatile league. With some patchy form following i stick to my guns and we end up finishing quite strongly securing ourtselves a superb 2nd place finish unfortunately or 2nd last game was against the eventual winners and winning that would have knicked us the title on GD however it was not to be 

image.thumb.png.c5749c14111c51823ddcf8e7f7b6cc05.pngimage.thumb.png.ea777accaf295367662ff628f13a8150.png

image.thumb.png.fd6feed341ff9a475bc226432d719cb8.png

The Cup

After great success last year i was quite confident of defending our title this year with an improved squad and us performing well in the league, we cruised through the opening rounds but ultimately our own confidence got the better of us with us pulling our best bottling performance of the save out and throwing away a 3-1 lead in the first leg of Round 4 to only lose 4-1 in the return leg and crash out to a League 2 side.

The Asian Confederations Cup

My main goal for the year was getting some silverware out of this the tournament seems to mainly consist of the cup and league winners of a lot of the weaker asian nations so i felt i had a great chance at success with us being one of the few teams even fully loaded into the game.

We begun with a playoff game to qualifiy for the first of the group stages which lined us up with an East Timor team called Boavista we comfotably dispatch them with a mad 15-0 aggregate score. From here we entered into a group format where the winner of each group and best runner up qualify for the semi final knockout section of our region which was called the ASEAN ZONE, there is also Central/South/East and West Asian Zones so it is quite a large tournament and an overly complicated structure. But anyway we top this group comfortably winning all 6 of our games against quite weak teams.

image.thumb.png.a20d67c7688b0cd3324a5d4468684c2c.png

From here we played the Semi Final v Binh Duong with a 3-1 win over 2 legs and the final v Ha Noi FC a comfortable 4-0 win in the Final of the Zone.

The fun doesn't stop there folks with us then moving onto the Interzone Playoffs against the other Zone champions who go through a similar format. From here the match difficulty jumped a little with us scraping an away goals victore v East Bengal the South Asian Champs from India before a tough final against the defending champs April 25 from North Korea i fully expected some North Korean shenanigans with us getting knocked out regardless of result but we knick a tough fought win 3-2 over two legs and progress out to the overall final of the tournament 

image.thumb.png.3da4e3d4d7f1fcffb45c46e3536e332c.png

I head into the final sort of expecting a defeat after just barely getting by the previous 2 games we went up against Al-Ittihad of Syria who we suprisngly hammered 4-0 to lift the trophy and a cool 1.2m pounds in prize money which does wonders for the clubs future.

image.thumb.png.e40c7f80be0a94b8abff9f8f3a19e1b9.png

Also just to get an idea of how overly complicated this tournament is here is the rules outline haha

image.thumb.png.5240ca8c50b893b35b0ec02b5d7ac4e6.png

Community Shield

We also played in the community shield this year due to our cup win however it was a resounding 2-0 loss which was a dissapointing start to an otherwise great year again for the club

Awards

image.thumb.png.47d126ee9f86b2a498ad5b59100ab90f.png

Siswanto was a CB we picked up towards the end of the last season who really flurished this year averaging a 7.28 all year partnering well with our young player of the season Tri Oka who was with the club when i took over had great potential and decided to give him a shot after our poor patch at the beginning of the year and i never looked back. Krunia was a striker i signed who managed only 5 goals in 15 appearances for the club and who will be getting released shortly so my signings didnt exactly set the world alight this year haha.

I again picked up MOTY so another great year personally but no player awards for us this year but we did have 4 players in the TOTY - GK,CB,LB and CM.

As for next season im unsure if i'll stay on another year to try and clinch the title as my rep has jumped up a bit of the back of the last 2 years to 15% and i managed to get my National C Licence this year finally too so that may allow for some interesting moves elsewhere i have also learned a good level of Bahasa Indonesia should be interesting to see how many languages i have by the end of the save

Leagues		Cups	
Season	Nation	  Division  	Club		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	Indonesia DU		PSPS Pekanbaru	5th	3rd	Winner	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won promtion in 2nd stage on league finishing 3rd + Cup win, MOTY, POTY
2020/21	Indonesia ISL		PSPS Pekanbaru	2nd	N/A	4th Rd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Asian Confederation Cur Winner, MOTY

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 Top domestic leagues (Insert nations)

1/10 Top Domestic cups (Piala Indonesia 19/20)

0/5 Continental championships ()

0/1 Club World Cups

International

0/5 Continental tournaments ()

0/1 World tournaments ()

1/32

Edited by Homicidal_Jesus

Bildresultat för magni idrotta felagid

Magni - 2020 report

My second season in Iceland and I was not sure if I'd be here going into the season but I decided to stay after a lack of job offers. Our finances are now completely ruined even though we have the lowest salary in the league... Managed to get one coaching course done though, so I might have better luck in my next job applications. If I'd describe our season in one word, it would be unlucky. We were very close to going to the later stages of both cups and very close to obtaining a higher league finish than last year. I think that we would have finished higher if the season wasn't 22 games long. We created the most amount of chances in the league, but struggled to put them away. My striker had 172 shots but only scored 9 goals. That is probably the worst goal return I've ever seen. 

I'm a bit disappointed with our performance, but we were predicted to finish 8th this season so I can't be too harsh. The board are pleased with me at least, giving me a B- at the end of the season. I do want to move clubs now just because I don't think we are going to improve much next year, we have already filled our wage budget and are in a very poor financial position. 

Also, we somehow got this guy on loan for the first 7 games of the season. He was carrying the team but transferred to Man Utd in the summer.

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th.
2020	     Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                QF    	     Group Stage	-		    National C Licence		    
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Leagues
 0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

2043/44 – Bayern München

200px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen_(2002%

Manager Profile – Fixtures 1 – Fixtures 2
Competitions – Player Stats – Transfers

Finally on holiday, so I got time to complete another season. After my league win at PSG I resigned and jumped at the opportunity to be the new Bayern manager. This means I return to Germany with one goal in mind; winning the German Bundesliga. The squad looked decent enough upon my arrival, and there weren't really much money to spend, but since I had no goalkeeper in the team (including reserve and youth), I had to get a quality GK. After searching the market, I came over this Mexican class GK playing for Tigres that I got for practically nothing, and with him, my squad was complete.

German BundesligaThe one tournament I absolutely wanted to get, and I got it. In front for most of the season, and in the end we won it a couple of rounds before the end.
German Cup: Would be nice to get a new cup, but a loss on penalty shoot-outs in the quarter final put a stop to it.

That concludes my work in Germany, as I resigned as soon as the league title was secured. Now I only need to win La Liga as the required leagues, before I can choose more freely how to (hopefully) complete this challenge. Some of the big teams in Spain have managers under pressure now, and I hope to make a Spanish team my next club, as I would like to move out of Europe again (need to complete the North American and African Champions Leagues, as well as Euros and Asian Cup(?) for national teams). The European Championship is coming up now this summer, and the draw gave us a favorable group. Considering we are defending world champions, I hope to go all the way here, which in turn will qualify me for the confederations cup... If all goes well, I'll be looking for a completed national teams journey in a couple of seasons.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana
2029      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores
2030      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League
2032/33   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       1st        1st round                N/A               Italian league!
2033/34   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       2nd        1st                      Group stage       Italian cup! Qtr final of Europa League
2034/35   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2035/36   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    12th       Semi final               N/A               Took over 11th after 21 games
2036/37   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    6th        3rd round                N/A               Qualified for Europa League
2037/38   Manchester City          English Premier League        6th        1st                      N/A               Left Schalke halfway through, took over in March, FA Cup and Europa League qualification
2038/39   Manchester City          English Premier League        4th        5th round/Qtr. final     N/A               CL qualification, Qtr. final of Europa League
2039/40   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/Qtr. final           1st               Won Champions League and FA Cup, 90+ points in league
2040/41   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/2nd                  Qtr. final        Won Club World Cup, Carabao Cup and Community Shield, 90+ points in league
2041/42   Manchester City          English Premier League        1st        1st/Semi final           1st KO round      Won Club Premier League, FA Cup, 90+ points in league. Done with all achievements in England
2042/43   Paris Saint-Germain      Ligue 1 Conforama             1st        Qtr. final/10th rnd      2nd               Won Club World Cup, European Super Cup, Ligue 1.
2043/44   Bayern München 	   Bundesliga             	 1st        Qtr. final      	     N/A               Won Bundesliga

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2021     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2022     New Zealand   N/A                      N/A                
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2027     Nigeria       1st                      N/A                Won the ACON
2030     Australia     N/A                      N/A                
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2032     Australia     N/A                      N/A
2033     Australia     N/A                      Group stage        Knocked out in group stage of Confederations Cup
2035     Brazil        1st                      N/A                Won Copa América
2036     Brazil        N/A                      N/A
2037     Brazil        N/A                      3rd                Sacked after the Confederations Cup
2040     Spain         N/A                      N/A                Took over after Euros
2041     Spain         N/A                      N/A                4th in Nations League
2042     Spain         N/A                      1st                World Cup
2043     Spain         N/A                      N/A                4th in Nations League

Challenge Progress (18/33)
Club
5/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; Paris Saint-Germain, FRA; Bayern München, GER; )
5/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG;)
3/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA; Manchester City, ENG)
1/1 club world championship (Manchester City, ENG)

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; Copa América, BRA; )
1/2 world tournaments (World Cup, SPA;)

Trophies:

Spoiler

Season     Team/Nation                Trohpy
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong League Cup
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong Sapling Cup
2018       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2019       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2020       Geylang International      Singaporean League
2023       Mexico                     North American Gold Cup
2025       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Asian Champions League
2026       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Chinese FA Super Cup
2026       Bahia                      Brazilian Bahia State Championship
2027       Nigeria                    African Cup of Nations
2029       SC Internacional           Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship
2030       SC Internacional           Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship
2030       SC Internacional           Copa Libertadores
2032       Girondins de Bordeaux      Coupe de la Ligue
2033       FC Internazionale          Serie A
2034       FC Internazionale          Italian Cup
2035       Brazil                     Copa América
2038       Manchester City            English FA Cup
2040       Manchester City            English FA Cup
2040       Manchester City            European Champions League
2040       Manchester City            Community Shield
2040       Manchester City            Club World Cup
2041       Manchester City            Carabao Cup
2042       Manchester City            Premier League
2042       Manchester City            English FA Cup
2042       Spain                      World Cup
2042       Paris Saint-Germain        European Super Cup
2042       Paris Saint-Germain        Club World Cup
2043       Paris Saint-Germain        Ligue 1 Conforama
2044	   FC Bayern München	      Bundesliga 

Scott Williams 2028 

Winter Update

1576786951_VelezBadge.png.674ecf05ee62ea360dd90b4e98619a48.png

Velez

Copa Libertadores

The group stage saw Valez second to Sao Paulo, winning the home match against them but losing the away and dropping 2 points to Emelec of Venezuela. With eight Brazilians qualifying from the group stages, making it to the QF would a lot easier if Velez could dodge one of them in the second round, luckily Velez drew one of the worse opponents in the draw, Alianze of Peru. 4-1 on aggregate. In the QF Velez were the only non Brazilian team left, they were drawn up against Flamengo. Velez went 2-0 up in the first half of the home leg but ended up drawing that match 2-2. In the away leg Flamengo took the lead with Velez equalising in the 75th minute. Sadly the lads were unable to grab a second meanig Velez went out on away goals. Flamengo went on to win the competition.

Copa Argentina

Last season Velez lifted the trophy before Scott took charge. This years defence started with a win against much lower opposition and continued with a 6th round tie vs San Lorenzo, they finished 18th last season and were unable to offer much, 2-0 away from home. the 7th round and QF draws were kind to Velez, managing to avoid Superliga opposition and winning their games 3-0 and 3-1 respectively. The first real challenge was against Newell's Old Boys managed by one of their ex players; Mauricio Pochettino. Velez led 1-0 eith just 10 minutes to go, Scott was going to make a defensive switch but decided to wait, with the clubs best penalty taker on the bench it was a good job he did. NOB equalised and Gonzalez was brought on. Velez missed the first 3 penalties and looked set to go out. Somehow 19 year old Adrian Flores saved the next 3 as Velez scored theirs, 1-1FT 3-2P. The final was against Independiente, a rather dull match. They came out firing looking like they'd be the ones to break the deadlock. Both keepers made some good saves and weren't to be beaten until Geronimo Costas fired a shot from 30 yards into the top corner. 1-0FT, Copa Argentina champions!!!

Supeliga First Phase

Last season, Velez missed out on the Superliga because of their performance in the opening phase. For Scott it was important to make sure they got off to a good start. You could say he managed that. Unbeaten for the entire opening phase. With a record of 14-5-0. They currently sit top of the table but only have a small gap betweem themselves and River Plate. There was a cruicial point in August were Velez played River (A), Boca (H) and Belgrano (A) in 3 weeks with the matches against Flamengo in between. Velez were 3-0 down to River at HT, Scott changed to a pressing tactic and brouht on a couple of players. That seemed to do the trick as Velez went on to win 6-3! Velez were unbeaten for those 3 weeks picking up 9 points in the league. Although Velez are top, the gap could be more, Velez only managed to draw against newly promoted Olimpo, conceding in the 94th minutes. In a gameweek which also saw River draw.

Ex Team Watch
Nublense		Relegated in Scott's Title Winning Year, gained promotion and relegated in the next 2 years before being relegated out of DivB in 2026
Curico Unido		Knocked out of Lib to Flamengo the year Scott left, gradually dropped down the league but won the cup in 2024, Just been Relegated in 2028 
Union			Unsurprisingly Relegated the season Scott deserted them, missed out on promotion each year since but not far off.
Kaizer Chiefs		An abysmal 7th place finish last season and no cup wins (semis of CL) somehow manager hasn't been sacked.
Suwon			Are on the hunt for their 3rd manager since Scott's sacking (it's been 14 months)

Honduras		Made it to the QF of the Gold Cup, qualified for 2026 WC but didn't make it out of the group, beem promoted to NL div A
Russia			Won NL div B which helped them qualify for Euro 2028, knocked out by Scotland in R2, lost every game of NL div A
Nigeria			In good position to qualify for 2030 WC, one of the favourites going into AFCON 2029

12 hours ago, LeoFM said:

Magni - 2020 report

My second season in Iceland and I was not sure if I'd be here going into the season but I decided to stay after a lack of job offers. Our finances are now completely ruined even though we have the lowest salary in the league... Managed to get one coaching course done though, so I might have better luck in my next job applications. If I'd describe our season in one word, it would be unlucky. We were very close to going to the later stages of both cups and very close to obtaining a higher league finish than last year. I think that we would have finished higher if the season wasn't 22 games long. We created the most amount of chances in the league, but struggled to put them away. My striker had 172 shots but only scored 9 goals. That is probably the worst goal return I've ever seen. 

I'm a bit disappointed with our performance, but we were predicted to finish 8th this season so I can't be too harsh. The board are pleased with me at least, giving me a B- at the end of the season. I do want to move clubs now just because I don't think we are going to improve much next year, we have already filled our wage budget and are in a very poor financial position. 

Also, we somehow got this guy on loan for the first 7 games of the season. He was carrying the team but transferred to Man Utd in the summer.

Sounds like a really unlucky season @LeoFM, better luck next season :)

4 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Racking them up @Skogmus, good luck for the time to come.

Thanks, will put up an update later today on how the European Championship went. No new club job in sight after the Euros as I only landed offers from German teams (which I did not want). Still hoping for a Spanish team, but might just jump somewhere else if nothing interesting opens up.

2044 – European Championship

320px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

I was looking forward to this tournament. Reigning world champions and yet again a good performance in the nations league gave me hope that I would be able to challenge for this trophy. If not, 4 years is a long time to stay here (if I get the opportunity) before my next chance, so I would really like to check it off this time. 

Group stage

Spoiler

Spain 3-0 Sweden
Spain 4-0 Russia
Spain 0-1 Scotland

Overall a good performance. After the first two games we were through as group winners, and I let most back-up players play the last game against Scotland. Think we deserved at least a point from the last game as well, but it was all about qualifying for the next stage.

2nd round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Spain 4-1 Norway

Up against my home country (and second Scandinavian team for the tournament). Tough game, where we quickly got a 2-1 lead. Scored a couple of more late goals as Norway started pressing for the equalizer, but victory was not as comfortable as the result suggests.

Quarter finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Spain 1-0 Switzerland

Mediocre performance, but good enough. Need to win on the bad days as well in order to win the tournament.

Semi finals (if applicable)

Spoiler

Spain 3-1 Belgium

One of the favorites, ranked 4th on the FIFA ranking (above us). Really good performance where we dominated the game and they barely got a shot off. Looking strong as we're heading into the final.

Final / 3rd place play-off (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final: Spain 0-1 Germany

As the semi-final was a good performance, this was equally a bad one. Unable to get any play going, and in the end Germany deserved the win. Annoyed to be so close and not getting the win.

Man of the tournament: Xavier Segura. 5 goals and 4 assists. Played a part in almost everything we did offensively. 

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana
2029      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores
2030      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League
2032/33   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       1st        1st round                N/A               Italian league!
2033/34   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       2nd        1st                      Group stage       Italian cup! Qtr final of Europa League
2034/35   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2035/36   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    12th       Semi final               N/A               Took over 11th after 21 games
2036/37   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    6th        3rd round                N/A               Qualified for Europa League
2037/38   Manchester City          English Premier League        6th        1st                      N/A               Left Schalke halfway through, took over in March, FA Cup and Europa League qualification
2038/39   Manchester City          English Premier League        4th        5th round/Qtr. final     N/A               CL qualification, Qtr. final of Europa League
2039/40   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/Qtr. final           1st               Won Champions League and FA Cup, 90+ points in league
2040/41   Manchester City          English Premier League        2nd        1st/2nd                  Qtr. final        Won Club World Cup, Carabao Cup and Community Shield, 90+ points in league
2041/42   Manchester City          English Premier League        1st        1st/Semi final           1st KO round      Won Club Premier League, FA Cup, 90+ points in league. Done with all achievements in England
2042/43   Paris Saint-Germain      Ligue 1 Conforama             1st        Qtr. final/10th rnd      2nd               Won Club World Cup, European Super Cup, Ligue 1.
2043/44   Bayern München 	   Bundesliga             	 1st        Qtr. final      	     N/A               Won Bundesliga

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2033     Australia     N/A                      Group stage        Knocked out in group stage of Confederations Cup
2035     Brazil        1st                      N/A                Won Copa América
2037     Brazil        N/A                      3rd                Sacked after the Confederations Cup
2040     Spain         N/A                      N/A                Took over after Euros
2041     Spain         N/A                      N/A                4th in Nations League
2043     Spain         N/A                      N/A                4th in Nations League
2044     Spain         2nd                      N/A                

Club
5/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; Paris Saint-Germain, FRA; Bayern München, GER; )
5/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG;)
3/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA; Manchester City, ENG)

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; Copa América, BRA; )

Trophies:

Spoiler

Edited by Skogmus

4 minutes ago, Skogmus said:

2044 – European Championship

I was looking forward to this tournament. Reigning world champions and yet again a good performance in the nations league gave me hope that I would be able to challenge for this trophy. If not, 4 years is a long time to stay here (if I get the opportunity) before my next chance, so I would really like to check it off this time. 

Group stage

Reveal hidden contents

Spain 3-0 Sweden
Spain 4-0 Russia
Spain 0-1 Scotland

Overall a good performance. After the first two games we were through as group winners, and I let most back-up players play the last game against Scotland. Think we deserved at least a point from the last game as well, but it was all about qualifying for the next stage.

Reveal hidden contents

Spain 4-1 Norway

Up against my home country (and second Scandinavian team for the tournament). Tough game, where we quickly got a 2-1 lead. Scored a couple of more late goals as Norway started pressing for the equalizer, but victory was not as comfortable as the result suggests.

Reveal hidden contents

Spain 1-0 Switzerland

Mediocre performance, but good enough. Need to win on the bad days as well in order to win the tournament.

Reveal hidden contents

Spain 3-1 Belgium

One of the favorites, ranked 4th on the FIFA ranking (above us). Really good performance where we dominated the game and they barely got a shot off. Looking strong as we're heading into the final.

Reveal hidden contents

Final: Spain 0-1 Germany

As the semi-final was a good performance, this was equally a bad one. Unable to get any play going, and in the end Germany deserved the win. Annoyed to be so close and not getting the win.

Man of the tournament: Xavier Segura. 5 goals and 4 assists. Played a part in almost everything we did offensively. 

Club

International

Trophies:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel your pain. Hopefully you'll be able to keep your job so you can have a go at the Confed Cup next year.

It seems like I will get to keep it, although the job security went down quite a bit. 2nd place is not a bad achievement, but when you're so close... Hoping to win the Confed Cup next year at least, would really like some progress on the international check points.

Edit: Looking back at my previous international teams, I also got 2nd in the Asian Championship, which implies that I came in 2nd in both the continental tournaments that I'm missing…

Edited by Skogmus

1 hour ago, Skogmus said:

It seems like I will get to keep it, although the job security went down quite a bit. 2nd place is not a bad achievement, but when you're so close... Hoping to win the Confed Cup next year at least, would really like some progress on the international check points.

Edit: Looking back at my previous international teams, I also got 2nd in the Asian Championship, which implies that I came in 2nd in both the continental tournaments that I'm missing…

My last Ultimate Challenge attempt ended when, just needing the Euro Championship and Asian Cup to complete, I lost 2 Euro finals in a row, and then next lost in the Asian Cup final, meaning that I had no way of winning the Asian Cup, because I was out of Asian nations to manage.

That's harsh, but wouldn't it be possible to load back Asian nations to manage? Still crazy to be left with only two international competitions like that.

Problem with the continental tournaments is that they only come every 4 years, meaning I'm looking at minimum 5 more years in international managements given that I actually win everything at next possible opportunity (Confed. 2045 if I can stay at Spain, Euros 2048, Asian Cup 2049). Would really like to have all these checked off before I complete the club management requirements, which I hopefully can be within 2055. It's by far the save I've gone most seasons in, and there are still many left...

Previous Post: Season 1,Season 2

Season 3 :2021/2022 PSPS Pekanbaru

rpxK2mgzfDbKwDGrzRMpKRfbtBntJ_9KqDcvqbLkSd84NlfFFJVJufdSfcdJV51_GOTikr2XAGmEnRR19CmoPxVQO4Jh8m3ljToIaKOX3f37tOC36fOjvZTx9cVStFreoqVt0uoU

The Build Up

Getting so close to the title last year i decided to give it another shot to get our first League title under our belt. For this season i decided to go all out recruitment cutting a few of regulars in the team in the hopes the improved quality of player will overcome the reduced chemistry. With no confederation cup this year we have far less fixtures so the League is top priority anything less will have been a waste.

Transfers

Marcelo Santos a young cb from Brazil im not sure why he was interested in coming but he provided a major upgrade in the back line for us, came mid way through the year but has been nailed on since arriving and hoping to hold him for another year or two.

Tedi Berlian a promising FB left go free from the defending champs i quickly picked him up and he's proven to be a solid addition.

Iman Budi Hernandi some expereine added to the midfield snatched up on a free again from a newly promoted side,very consistent and improved our attack considerably with his ability to regain possession.

Kei Hirose another foreign import fort our left wing an area of real trouble for us up to now had a decent return but hardly spectacular

Celio Codo finally a half decent striker a journeyman from Brazil he banged in quite a few goals for us and was absoultely dominant in the air leading the league in key headers and headers won, a big reason we improved quite a bit up front.

Akbar Zakaria A full back for the opposite side again putting in some stellar performances improving our back line considerably .

League

Well a big task awaited us and i knew key to our success would be improving our goal scoring ability something we lacked till now averaging roughly 1.5 goals per league game.Thankfully that all changed this year thanks to our additions out wide and upfront as well as our back up right back coming good and improving that flank. In the end we had a comfortable title win in comparison to the previous two champions largely thanks to us being red hot from July to September going upbeaten during that spell.

Schedule Part 1 Schedule Part 2 Table

Cup

A small part of me wanted to at least make the final with how well we were playing all season and crashing out early last year and thankfully we did just that making it to the final and winning it against last years league winners.

Schedule

Awards

Season Awards our magical number 10 bags another fans player of the season making that 3 for 3.

Zulhari played in CM quite a bit too and picks up young player of the season but misses out on out Team of the season as our CM position performed quite well across the board.

Pratama is the rw back up who made the position his own this year and gave us the consistency we'd been lacking till this year.

Zulfikar bags player of the season too to add to his award cabinet POTY

A few players make it into the TOTY also TOTY

A quick look at Zulfikars profile too Zulfikar

And the full squad Squad

Looking Ahead

So now it comes to planning my next move ive simmed ahead and did two interviews in South Korea but didn't make the cut and due to my preformance in the Confderations Cup i have boosted Indonesias co-efficent enough for the league champions to get a Qualifying spot in the AFC. These games started quite soon after the end of the league so i decided to stick around for those anyway as felt i owed them that. I wasn't to sure what to expect from the qualifiers but lookin at the fixtures i fancied making it to last round of quals at least where i'd face a Chinese side Beijing Sinobo Guoan last years 3rd place.

First round we face up against what i assume are Mynamars champions Yadanarbon and easily control the game coming out 3-0 winners. The next game matches us up against Port from Thailand a slightly closer game but again coming out 2-0 winners . Now we face by far my biggest and toughest game of my career to date a Chinese team spending 2m a week on wages im clearly up against it here i glance though their squad to see Gedson Fernandes a player i used in a Man united save who became an absolute beast so to say i was a bit nervous was an understatment.

We start well taking the game to them with a few early shots and once chance in the opening 20 before the bounce back with 2 quick chanes of their own but we hold tough eventually we go in 0-0 at half time we chances few and far between but we have the slight edge in possession which has honestly shocked me but i know too well morale and chemistry play such a huge part for teams from previous saves. We come out early and who else but Zulfikar springs up with a curling effort from outside the box 1-0 to the boys i can't believe it the match rages on when a loose corner falls to our signing of the year Hernandi and he smashes it into the top corner 2-0, surely it cant be? Fernandes is surely going to bully my midfield as they tire and make some chances.But the game gradually trickles out with them making little to no chances, im really not sure what ive just witnessed possibly my biggest upset ever in a big game such as this. Most of their players earn more then my whole team and we've just sent them packing

I got what i feel is a handy group with a South Korean side and two sides without active leagues so i think i have a good chance of making it through the groups for a round or two at least. I'll be keeping my eyes open throughout the next year for a new job but until then the AFC provides something different and fun to work on

Schedule Beijing Sinobo Guoan Squad Group Draw

Bildresultat för magni idrotta felagid

Magni - 2021 report

Another season in 5th... I've officially had enough of Iceland's 22 game seasons, and resigned after my last game. 

This season was probably my best here, coming really close to the final of the league cup and nearly achieving promotion. We lost 3 out of our last 4 games and kinda choked when we lost 1-0 after beating the 2nd placed team in an epic 5-4 game.
Again, we had the most chances created in the league. And once again, my striker had more than double the amount of shots than anybody else. Very frustrating to not have a greater goal return. The amount of 1v1 chances he missed is incredible considering his job is to play football. 

I've not enjoyed my time in Iceland but it was necessary and now I just hope I get a job with a team with money, even if it would be a step down. 

Here are some of my key players from my time in Iceland:

Hjalti Hlödversson - Great young prospect, improved massively under my last season. Could be very good in the future. 

Dennis Obeng - Great name, great player. Our best centre back and showing lots of promise.

Viktor Örn Gudmunsson - My most consistent player, won the PoTS the last 2 seasons, created the most chances out of any of my players from his left back position. Racked up 20 assists in 60 competitive games for me. 

Gunnar Örvar Stefansson - Good at creating chances, **** at putting them away. Somehow my best and worse striker, achieving 19 league goals in my last two years. 

Gustavo Faber - Didn't really play for us because we didn't use wingers, but hes our best player judging by attributes. 

Dilyan Kolev - Solid DM, played very well until our last few games when he firstly conceded and then missed a penalty in one game, and proceeded to concede another in the next game, costing us two big defeats. 

Overall best eleven

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th
2020	     Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                QF    	     Group Stage	-		    National C Licence	
2021         Magni	      Iceland            1. delid karla   5th 	 	     R32  	     SF			-		    National B licence, resigned after last game	             	    

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

2 hours ago, LeoFM said:

Very frustrating to not have a greater goal return. The amount of 1v1 chances he missed is incredible considering his job is to play football. 

This is a pretty big issue with any striker right now imo and something that is kind of spoiling the game for me a little bit strikers just cant score genuine striker goals most of the time its long shots or some deflection/tap in

1024475466_SLBenfica.thumb.png.192fcb7082960d247af65123844d92f3.png

SL Benfica

2025-26 Winter Break

My tenure began with a 4-0 victory in the Portuguese Supercup and couldn't have gone much better since. We're perfect, 15-0-0 in Liga NOS, with an obnoxious +46 goal margin. I knew we'd be favored, but expected at least one of Sporting or Porto to make things interesting. They haven't. They're 20 and 25 points back, respectively.  I think we've trailed for all of 25 minutes, across all competitions, in what ended as a 5-1 trashing of our nearest competition, Portimonense.  The squad is ruthless and that begins with our striketeam of Portal and Cesar, who've already combined for 50 goals and 8 assists. The former is already a superstar at 20, and looks to be the face of Portuguese football for the next generation. 

At some point, we'll clinch our 6th straight Liga NOS title, it's only a matter of how soon and if anyone will manage to blemish our record. The cup competitions likely figure to be ours to lose as well. Ultimately, winning those trophies is expected more than celebrated. Our season and my tenure in Lisbon will be measured by how we fare in Europe. Our group draw was favorable, putting us against Valencia, Lazio, and Legia Warszawa. Valencia held us to a 0-0 draw on matchday 2, but the other five matches weren't especially competitive. We've drawn Tottenham for the knockout round. Another favorable draw, hopefully, we can take advantage of it. We've got the talent, but it will be interesting to see how our tactical approach fares against the strongest sides across Europe. 

Few random, interesting notes...

Ajax CT won both FA and league cup in 2024-25, only to be relegated, costing Tuks continental football; however, they seem to have solidified themselves as a top side in South Africa. They just won the Knockout again, and are currently in position to quality for continental football; although, it looks like Mamelodi will run away with the league.  

Dalian Yifang won their fourth straight CSL title, and completed the treble for the first time since my departure. 

My replacement at Celta Vigo: Jurgen Klopp! After he was fired from Porto following the 2024-25 season. 

On 19/12/2019 at 01:36, TheEarl said:

how do you find Portugal? One of my all time favorite leagues of this challenge. :)

It's a league I was interested in trying, but admittedly, on slightly different circumstances. Knocking Benfica off would be a bit more interesting than taking them over, but big picture, this was too good of an opportunity to pass up, especially, if Portugal bombs out of the WC. *fingers crossed*

I've been playing a hyper-aggressive 424 in league, cup, and even home CL matches, so interesting to see how that plays out over the rest of the season. How early can we lock up the league? Can we stay perfect? How many goals will Portal and Cesar tally? Etc.  

Season 4 :2022/2023 PSPS Pekanbaru + Wuhan Zall

Image result for wuhan zall

Build Up

So as you can see i have moved from my first job onto bigger and better things, leaving PSPS was bitter sweet really enjoyed my time there and was a few games into the season before Zall offered me the position, Dalian Yifang had rejected me previously so i though i was in for another year of it. Before leaving i played 5 of the 6 AFC games and had us hanging in in 2nd needing to win to gurantee passing through to the next round which i would have been confident of doing as it was against the weakest side unfortunately the AI didn't manage it after i left so they crashed out and began to stuggle in the league in the later months they have revived and are back up to 3rd so seems the new manager is settled in a doing well now thankfully. We also bagged the Community Shield before leaving with an easy 3-0 win so offically did a clean sweep of all trophies Indonesia.

The Transfers

I've only managed in China once before and never finished the season so i was looking forward to giving it a proper go now. I always felt as important as it is to get your 3 to 4 foreign players playing well the back bone of your squad is going to be Chinese players so i primarly set out to get the best ones i could find as our current ones were a bit lacking compared to others in the league. I ended up bringing in about 12 new Chinese players ill just list the ones that had the biggest impact on the year as someone are more long term projects.

Shao Zheng a really promising Chinese MR has performed super well for me since joining and im very excited about his future as he has a lot of potential for a chinese player if he got anywhere near 4 star he'll be a god in the league

Tian Jiayi another promising winger for the left side not as impactful as Zheng but rarely had a bad game and plenty of room to improve so quite excited about him also.

Wei Tao a keeper for the future who i may start next season as he's not far off our starter who i also brought in new, he is Zou Dehai gave some solid performances and seems quite reliable.

Our cbs really sucked ass and i fell thats why they were struggling im talking half a star and even silver star players for some reason they were overly reliant on a foreign cb who i'll mention in a bit. So i picked up a few 2 star cb to see who would work well.He Guan Li Ang became the starting two pretty fast after i dumped the idea of using the foreign cb as he just wasn't performing well.

I then snagged a promising Chinese striker in Huang Zichang and a RB in Li Hailong.

That gave me a good strong foundation of Chinese players i felt there were about 5 or 6 others some went into the reserve side as they werent as good as scouts suggested and others i just never used as i wanted to keep the same 11 for a while. Then for the fun part in the foreign signings, just to add i had an insane 85m budget on hand which is why i went a bit nuts buying chinese players as all these guys only like cost a few hundred thousand bar the first 2 wingers who cost be 3 or 4 m each.

When i arrived the standout names were Fernandinho, Jorginho,Sergi Gomez and Marcus Alonso as well as two other young brazilians straight from the Brazilian league. Straight away i just knew no way Fernandinho would not have the legs to play in the 2 man midfield i wanted to try as his physicals were through the floor at the tender age of 36 so to the reseveres he went where he nicely ended up getting a 4 month injury and announced he'd retire soon, Jorginho was perfect still only 30 he was in his prime and coudn't wait to use him. I used Gomez initally at CB and Alonso at LB but we were leaking goals quite badly still this caused me to sell Gomez and bump Alonso up to a ML role and reinforce at cb as i mentioned above which worked really well with our midfield shielding them.

Later in the season i phased Alonso out as the young Chinese wingers were doing a fine job and my two new foreign singings were performing amazing. Those 2 signings were Hannibal Mejbri who i knew was a star from my Man U save he was transfer listed for only 4m so i couldnt resist trying to get him and seeing could i turn him into a star still only 19 him and Jorginho soon began to dominate in midfield leaving us regularly with 65% possession or more after that the logical choice for me was to try and get a striker to bully Chinese back lines so i picked up this brute from SPAL Andrea Petagna and what a signing he proved to be i took the risk of selling the 2 brazilian forward we have and intrusting it all on this man with a Chinese partner up front and he quickly dominated the league scoring 16 goals in his 13 games managing to snag the Golden Boot in just half a season the first proper prolific striker ive had this save so far and can't wait to see him go a full season.

I also randomly picked up Ozil for free and on only 20k a week but ended up dumping my tactic with a 10 role so he didnt really feature he seems to be happy playing week in week out for the reserves so thats fine by me.

The League

We took over after roughly 10 games with the team struggling down in 13th but with not many points between them and the top dogs realistically. So still plenty to play for in terms or AFC places as the same side came 5th the year before. The first few games i had to use what we had and well i really struggled, losing 3 of my first 5 and i really thought my dream China move was gonna come to a quick end, they then have a mid season break and the transfer window opened where i attempted to put my stamp on things aftwr which we win out first game but again slip to a draw and loss soon after and my manager rating slips to C- due to them thinking all my transfers were terrible business too haha. Then from nowehere we beat 3rd place Hebei 2-1 and never looked back the players got a big morale kick from the win and crushed the following 3 relegation battling sides so they were full of confidence coming into the top 2 sides Evergrande and Shanghai who too my absolute shock we beat from there we played mainly lower down teams not playing anyone really near the top 4 spots till the end of year and on the last game of the season snuck into 4th spot for an AFC place for next year.

Schedule - conviently every game i managed fit perfectly into the screen as you can see a lot of clean sheets largely due to the shielding of the 2 midfielders i feel .

League Table bad year for Evergrande this year! The squad The final tactic

The Cup

We were knocked out before i took over so will be gunning for this next year!!

Leagues		Cups	
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	Indonesia DU		PSPS Pekanbaru	5th	3rd	Winner	n/a	n/a	n/a	Won promtion in 2nd stage on league finishing 3rd + Cup win, MOTY, POTY
2020/21	Indonesia ISL		PSPS Pekanbaru	2nd	N/A	4th Rd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Asian Confederation Cur Winner, MOTY, National C Licence
2021/22	Indonesia ISL 		PSPS Pekanbaru	1st	N/A	Winner	n/a	n/a	n/a	Domestic Double,MOTY,POTY,National B Licence
2022/23	Indonesia ISL 		PSPS Pekanbaru	N/A	N/A	N/A	n/a	Grp	n/a	First AFC appearance, Leave after 6 League games.
2022/23	China	  CSL 		Wuhan Zall	4th	N/A	N/A	n/a	n/a	n/a	Fight back from relegation to top 4, National A License

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 Top domestic leagues (Liga Super Indonesia 21/22)

1/10 Top Domestic cups (Piala Indonesia 19/20)

0/5 Continental championships ()

0/1 Club World Cups

International

0/1 World tournaments ()

2/32

2045 – Confederations Cup

No new club job as my interviews at both Real Madrid and Sevilla were unsuccessful, so summer 2045 came quite quickly now. It's time for the Confederations Cup!

Group stage

Spoiler

Spain 6-0 Algeria B
Spain 5-0 China
Spain 1-0 Mexico

Group stages in this tournament (at least when managing a European team) is just a formality. Won the group comfortably without any major injuries, so happy about that.

Spoiler

Spain 3-1 Japan

Resting up a bit before the final, again a match we should win easy. Goes 3-0 up early and from there it's all about saving energy for the final. Japan nets a goal, but we were never really threatened.

Spoiler

Final: Spain 0-3 Germany

A year after our loss against Germany in the Euros final, we meet them again in yet another final. 0-0 at half time, where we had the best opportunities, but halfway through second half they scored two goals within a minute. From there I had to throw everything in attack in order to try and get back in the game, but instead they got us on the counter to finish it off 0-3. So yet again we finish off 2nd.

Man of the tournament: Spain. Yup, the entire team. Can't pick one outstanding player when we don't win the one game that matters.

Instead of winning the tournament we did however win the Fair Play award. That has to count for something, right? 

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2044/45   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2044     Spain         2nd                      N/A		   2nd place in Euros
2045     Spain         N/A                      2nd		   2nd place in Confederations Cup, Nations League group stage

Club

International

Trophies:

Spoiler

Edited by Skogmus

I hope so. Still have the Spain job, and figured there might be hope for another go on the two tournaments in 3 years time. Only problem is that I need to survive the World Cup 2046.

To make matters even worse, I decided to manage Spain U23 in the Olympic Games myself instead of getting some AI to do it. Both to see what talent there is for next generation of first team players, but also as a go for the Olympic Games trophy (which does not count towards the challenge, but why not try and get it when you have the chance?). Ended up 2nd(…) losing the final to France on penalty shoot-outs after being 2-0 up earlier in the match. Gives me 2nd place in 3 different international competitions(!) in the span of a year :seagull:

Edit: Also at a new club job (finally…), and within 4 games I already checked off a new mark on the way to completing the challenge. Update will follow at the end of the season.

Edited by Skogmus

Wolfsburg.jpg.2bcb6141fb2adc843682288b0752b9a3.jpg

Season 8 - 2026 / 27

Season started with getting the sack by the French FA after a disappointing showing in the World Cup. There wasn't a shortage of good international job and I had the choice between Italy (ultimately the reason im looking for a job), Spain and Brazil. I decided on Brazil as it may be easier to win the Copa America then the Euros.

Was only given 35m pounds transfer budget after winning the Bundesliga and our first attempt at the Euro Cup which meant we need to sell to replace the 3 world class loans of last season. In essence, the transfer window was not a successful one that would prepare the team to compete in all competitions, but in the end I only really wanted to go for the Euro Cup as id won everything challenge wise in Germany.  Had a keen eye on open roles as it was tough to stay motivated with not much to play for.  

Euro Cup - group stage gave us Atletico, Benfica and Dynamo Kyiv. We ended up winning 5 of the 6 with the only loss to Atletico away from home, however we did top the group. First knock out round paired us with English opponents where the past 3 winners have come from in Tottenham. Playing away we took an early lead then they got a red card and we dominated from there on end however somehow Spurs managed to score in injury time in the first half to make it 2-1 and last minute of the game to make it 3-2 win for us. We took that lead at home and we won 4-3 never really being troubled being up 4 - 1 early in the second half. Our next opponents were again from England, Liverpool managed by Zidane. This time the first game was at home where our attacking mid and wingers went missing. We were outplayed and were down 2 - 0 until we had some luck when Alisson scored an own goal which gave us some hope going to Anfield. Any hope disappeared after 13 mins as we had conceded twice. Down 5 - 1 on aggregate at half time we put up a bit of a fight in the second half scoring 3 goals in total but lost the match 4 - 3 and 6 - 4 on aggregate.

League - the Euro cup was the priority so a rotated squad before and after match days was used for the league and hence we found ourselves behind the top 3 for ost of the season. With 5 games to go we were still in the title race and sitting in Euro Cup qualification spot (Top 3). Our next game was after the Liverpool defeat and we drew away to Hamburger. We backed that up with a win at home to Hertha however a shock loss at home to Hoffenheim destroyed us and put us in 5th position. WE then drew to Schalke away after playing the whole second half with 10 men and missing a penalty to win the game in the 92nd minute. Woudnt have been enough in the end anyways and so I was marched out the door. I would have resigned anyways so didn't take much of the board meeting I was asked to attend and explain why I wanted to keep my job. Sacked by club and country within 12 months!

Bildresultat för hudiksvalls ffimage.png.f5294dc7c252925daec303a76593cc88.png

Hudiksvalls FF / Haiti - 2022 report

I couldn't resist it. When I was offered the opportunity to manage my local side Hudiksvalls FF I just couldn't say no. I wanted to manage them at some point this year and I figured this would be a good opportunity to do so. They had been promoted to the Swedish 3rd tier as well, so it wasn't really a step down from the Icelandic 2nd tier, even if it is a semi-pro club. My goal here is to take them to the 2nd tier and move on from there. 

This season we were first predicted to finish bottom but that changed when we brought in a full team of free transfers. Then we were predicted to finish in 2nd. I love the Swedish free agents, they want no money and no one else want them. I was told by the board to try and avoid relegation so I knew there wasn't going to be much pressure on me. 

The trend so far in my career has been that my team always come really close and are very unlucky. No exception here. Created the most goals and chances again, and we finished 2 points below the promotion places. It's starting to get really annoying at this point but there is always next year I guess. One thing that I have struggled with is tactics. I tried my best tactics from FM19 but they were all very inconsistent. This is a first for me, I normally get my tactics working really fast. But tbh, I like the struggle with FM20, something that I didn't really have in FM19. 

I also got my first international job while I was applying for jobs, I thought Haiti would be fun to manage but I'm not really hoping to win anything here, just for boosting my reputation. 

This was the match that saw us drop below our promotion rivals, Sandviken. Absolutely gutted to have lost that game.

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2019         Magni            Iceland            1. delid karla   5th                -               -                  -                   Joined with 11/22 games to go, was in 5th finished in 5th
2021         Magni	      Iceland            1. delid karla   5th 	 	     R32  	     SF			-		    National B licence, resigned after last game
2022	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     Group stage     -                  -                   Got my first international job, National A licence	             	    

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

2022         Haiti           -			-		 -

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

1200px-Fluminense_fc_logo_svg.thumb.png.60c777516ad31170e3a7e88e9fd9dd22.png

Season 9 - Fluminense

Competitions

Rio State Championships - Results

The competition with the least importance, a mixture of youngsters and first choice players was still good enough to win the title.

Serie A - Results 1    Results 2    League Table

After last years 8th placed finish my aim was to at least compete with the top teams, although finishing 8th last season, the talent in the team meant we was not as far away as it seems. We did this and then some, winning the title with 3 games spare and finishing 14 points clear. Last time I did this challenge we couldn't break Corinthians hold on the domestic game, this time around there was no stopping us.

Copa Libertadores - Results

Last years spanking by River Plate had me desperate to win this year and with our dominant form in the league I was confident we wouldn't be far off. We cruised all the way and even got to avenge that defeat to River in this years semi final, before spanking Rosario Central in the final.

FA Cup - Results

Having won this last season I placed little value on this and our youngsters went out at the semi final stage. 

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    End Of Season Awards

2 players signed at the start of the season were a goalkeeper and a centre back as they were the 2 areas that I felt we were weakest in. We lost superstar striker Cunha to Liverpool midway through the season, but we had 2 great strikers and I couldn't turn down £86m. The squad just got stronger as the season went on. Three key men were :

Claudio (Amr) - He is the most consistent right winger I have ever managed on the game. 25 goals and 38 assists in 57 games.

Vitor (ST) - He started the season as 2nd choice but was soon our star man. 44 goals and 8 assists in 54 games.

Enzo Flores (CM) -  One of my first signings at the club, he took a while to find his feet but in his second season, he really started to shine. 

Next Season

Manager Profile    

At the start of the season I had 12 months remaining on my contract, and the plan was to hold out on signing a new one until I knew if i needed to stay in Brazil another season. With this seasons successes, I have ticked of what was needed and because of this, I refused to sign a new contract and have now left the club. I am quite happy to sit and wait, with the aim to find a decent job in either Mexico or The U.S.A. We are still in charge of the Australian National team and I think I will leave national team updates to the end of either a qualification stage or a competition rather than every year/season. We have won 5 out of 5 qualifiers so far, but all against teams we should be beating anyway.

Club Career

Leagues		Cups	
Season	Nation		Division	Club		1st	2nd	1st	2nd	Cont.	CWC	Other Achievements
2019/20	S Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	3rd	n/a	2nd Rnd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Lost in Play Offs.
2020/21	S Africa	NFD		TS Galaxy	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League Winners, NedBank Cup Winners.
2021/22	S Africa    	APL		M Sundowns	1st	n/a	Win	QF	SF	n/a	League and Cup Winners. Lost in CL SF.
2022/23	S Africa	APL		M Sundowns	4th	n/a	R2	QF	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners
2023	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	10th	n/a	QF	n/a	n/a	n/a	Appointed 08/06/2023
2024	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	1st	n/a	Win	n/a	n/a	n/a	League and Cup Double. 
2025	China		CSL		Wuhan Zull	4th	n/a	R.U	n/a	Win	n/a	Champions League Winners. 
2026	Brazil		Ser. A		Fluminense	8th	n/a	Win	Win	QF	n.a	Fa Cup Winners.
2027	Brazil		Ser. A		Fluminense	1st	n/a	SF	Win	Win	n/a	League and Champions League Winners. Left at End of Contract.

International Career

Rank		Competitions
Year	Nation		Fifa	NL	World	Cont.	Other Achivements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022	Nigeria		24th				Appointed on 25/15/2022
2023	Nigeria		11th	n/a	n/a	win	AFCON Winners
2026	Australia	61st	n/a	n/a	n/a	Appointed 19/07/2026
2027	Australia	60th	n/a	n/a	n/a	

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 Top Domestic Leagues		(S.Africa-ASBA Prem 21/22, China - CSL 2024, Brazil - Serie A 2027)
3/10 Top Domestic Cups		(S.Africa-NedBank Cup 20/21, China - CFA Cup 2024, Brazil - Copa Perdigao 2026)
3/5 Continental Championshsips	(Africa 2023, Asia 2025, S. America 2027)
0/1 Club World Cups

International
1/5 Continental Championships	(AFCON 2023- NIgeria)
0/1  World Tournaments 

10/32

Edited by Lewis89

6 minutes ago, Lewis89 said:

before spanking Rosario Central in the final.

How on earth have Rosario Central made the final, funny how we're similar lengths of time into the game and on yours they're competing for continental success, on mine they're struggling to survive in the Superliga

@Lewis89

Welcome to the leader board.

You're still a long way from completion of the challenge and being a Tom Cruise-like OT VIII, but at least you now have an awareness of yourself in relation to others and the physical universe. 

You can now officially call yourself an Ultimatologist, and should devote yourself to harassing anybody who quits the challenge.

7 hours ago, bjwphneb said:

How on earth have Rosario Central made the final, funny how we're similar lengths of time into the game and on yours they're competing for continental success, on mine they're struggling to survive in the Superliga

Even stranger was the fact 3/4 of the semi finalists were Argentine teams. We all know how dominant the Brazilian sides usually are. Serie A was raided for players by the European teams this year but then I think that is a normal occurrence

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

@Lewis89

Welcome to the leader board.

You're still a long way from completion of the challenge and being a Tom Cruise-like OT VIII, but at least you now have an awareness of yourself in relation to others and the physical universe. 

You can now officially call yourself an Ultimatologist, and should devote yourself to harassing anybody who quits the challenge.

Cheers mate. I think i got upto 16 trophies last attempt so still some way off that so the thought of the finish line is still a long way off, getting South America out the way is huge for me because of just how long the seasons are. 

Merry christmas guys!

2045/46 – Club Necaxa

194px-Club_Necaxa_2.svg.png

Manager Profile – Fixtures 1 – Fixtures 2

Since it proved difficult to land a top club job in La Liga, I decided to look elsewhere for a while. When I found the job at Necaxa available I just had to apply. The 'Apertura' (Opening stage) was almost completed (played 14 out of 17 games) and they were already qualified for the play-offs. Also qualified for semi-final of the Apertura Mexican Cup, because for some reason they split both league and cup in the Apertura and Clausura. The perfect opportunity to get a couple of quick trophies, and luckily I got the job.

Liga BBVA MX Apertura: As mentioned, we were already qualified for play-offs as I was hired. Finished first in the qualifying league, after taking 6 points in my 3 games before play-offs. Beat Monterrey 4-1 on aggregate in quarter finals before I knocked out Atlas on away goals in a 1-1 draw in the semi finals to see us to the finals. After a 4-0 win in the first match against Pumas, we saw the league title in with a 4-1 in total. Qualified for 2046 NACL.
Copa MX Apertura: First match for me at Necaxa was the semi-final against Querétaro, which we won 2-0. The final against Morelia were won comfortably 3-0 after Morelia got 2 men sent off during the match.
Liga BBVA MX Clausura: Having won the opening stage, I figured we should focus more on the NACL than the league this time around. Got to the play offs after a tight race for the 6 last spots. Lost in quarter finals against Cruz Azul.
NACL: Easy victory over Isidro Metapán in the first round, before we knocked Veracruz out on a 1-0 aggregate in quarter finals. Up against Tigres, which at that time were impossible to beat in the league, in the semis. A great 3-1 win away in first match was enough to see us to the final with a 3-2 win in total. Final against Morelia was tough after a 0-0 draw away, knowing that I had to win at home. Last game was moved (…) due to the Clausura quarter finals, but when we finally got there we got the 2-1 win.

What was an amazing opportunity turned out to be an amazing season. Happy to now conclude the North-American part of this challenge, with NACL secured. I really found some great players in this squad, and 5-6 of my starting 11 is under bids and/or rumored to go to top clubs in Europe since I got here. Happy that I got to keep everyone for this season, as it wouldn't have happened if I lost them. Will now resign as there is nothing more to achieve here, and search again for a job in Spain. Also loaded up Australia and South-Korea now, but that's mostly to stabilize the leagues and try to generate players in a hope to challenge for Asian Cup at some point. Either way, next up is the WC with Spain, where we're looking to defend the title from 4 years ago (or, you know, don't get fired so I can stay for Euros…). 

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2044/45   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2045/46   Club Necaxa              Liga BBVA MX                  1st/5th    1st                      1st               NACL, Mexican Cup, Mexican league

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2045     Spain         N/A                      2nd		   2nd place in Confederations Cup, Nations League group stage

Challenge Progress (21/33)
Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; Paris Saint-Germain, FRA; Bayern München, GER; Club Necaxa, MEX;)
6/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; Club Necaxa, MEX;)
4/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA; Manchester City, ENG; Club Necaxa, MEX;)

International

Trophies:

Spoiler

2045	   Club Necaxa	              Copa MX
2045	   Club Necaxa	              Liga BBVA MX
2046	   Club Necaxa	              North American Champions League

2046 – World Cup

Losing out on confederations cup and a poor performance in the nations league meant that I probably had to perform well this time around if I were to stay with Spain until Euros 2048. Annoyingly I had to go into the tournament without my no. 1 striker, but I had hopes that the replacement would do well in his place.

Group stage

Spoiler

Spain 1-0 South Korea
Spain 1-2 Denmark
Spain 3-1 Peru

Turns out that the strikers I brought need 10 or some chances per goal to score a goal. Stumbles through a group where we really should have no problems. Need to figure something out quickly if we want to go far in this tournament

Spoiler

Spain 3-2 Holland

An actual good performance. Tight game, but we get the goals needed. Quarter finals next..

Spoiler

Spain 2-3 Germany

Those f**kings germans… Match started great, going up 1-0, which turned to 1-1 at HT. 1-2 after 48 mins, but then I got my hopes up when they were reduced to 10 men after 60 mins. Free kick following their red card got us a penalty and 2-2. Pressed for the win, but an astonishing defensive error in the final minutes gave them a penalty and 2-3. We're not going further…

Spoiler

N/A.

Spoiler

N/A

Man of the tournament: Juan Manuel. Only consistent performer. Delivered a couple of goals and assists, and got us as far as we did. 

As I feared, quarter finals in the WC is not good enough. Sacked after the tournament. Will hold off international management until one of the prime jobs opens up now. Might have to skip the Euros 2048, but we'll se what comes up.

Final game of the tournament was between England and Scotland(!). England won the tournament, making them world champions for the 3rd time (1966, 2022, 2046).

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2045/46   Club Necaxa              Liga BBVA MX                  1st/5th    1st                      1st               NACL, Mexican Cup, Mexican league

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2046     Spain         N/A                      Qtr final          Knocked out in the quarter final of WC, sacked.

Club
6/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; Paris Saint-Germain, FRA; Bayern München, GER; Club Necaxa, MEX;)
6/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA; Manchester City, ENG; Club Necaxa, MEX;)
4/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA; Manchester City, ENG; Club Necaxa, MEX;)

International

Trophies:

Spoiler

Bildresultat för hudiksvalls ffimage.png.b953bacd1c8b00aedf2e87979c69d57d.png

Hudiksvalls FF / Nigeria - 2023 report

I ****ing hate this game sometimes. This season was an emotional roller coaster and I think this challenge is making me insane. But I'm still enjoying it, and I'll keep doing it until I don't.

Going in to the season we were favorites to win the league and our squad was just way better than everyone else's. I built a tactic based around my best players and it worked for the first few games. But then... we lose one game and we are suddenly incapable of scoring goals. We create chances, more than our opponents, but can't score. We went 7 games without a win and at that point I knew it was over for us. I had officially given up on tactics and downloaded a plug-and-play tactic made by knap. And then our form completely turned, go figure. We went unbeaten in our last 6 games but that wasn't enough. We actually were at the top of the league at some point but our 0-1 loss against my rivals this save, Sandviken, made us drop below them. 

We went into the last game 2 points below the team Norrby in 2nd place, and we had to win to have a chance of promotion. Our better goal difference made it possible for us to jump ahead of them when we went 2-1 up in our game while they were drawing 2-2. When the whistle blew I couldn't believe it. I thought that luck had gone my way for the first time in this save. Absolute limbs. Haha. I thought.

Nigeria surprisingly offered me the manager position and I obviously said yes. With the AFCON coming up, and Nigeria being the holders, I thought it would be a great opportunity to claim my first milestone of the challenge. We beat Ivory Coast 3-0 in a friendly before the tournament and that made me believe. We were in a group with Mozambique, Ghana and Gabon. We comfortably won against Mozambique but then came Ghana. We were not convincing at all, and lost the game due to an 86th minute winner from Ghana... But I thought we could recover from it and we looked good when we played Gabon. We had 28 shots, created a lot of chances but didn't put them away. Gabon on the other hand, had 2 chances and scored 2 goals. **** on a stick. At this moment I was questioning the existence of some sort of FM god that doesn't allow me to score goals. But we were a given lifeline, as one of the best 3rd placed teams. Too bad we were already dead. We lost against finalists (!) Angola. We had 33 shots, and created more chances than our opponents again. But we just could not score to save our lives. Our captain Wilfried Ndidi was certainly the main man this game. Because he assisted their first goal in the 41st minute, then equalized for us in the 86th minute, redeeming himself. I thought we were heading to extra-time but captain Wilfried had other ideas. He wanted another assist, but unfortunately he was temporarily colorblind and made a great run into our defensive third before laying a beautiful through-ball to Angola's Helder Costa, who makes the big brain play of shooting directly at our keeper who deflects it into his own goal, ensuring my sacking as the head coach of Nigeria. 

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2022	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     Group stage     -                  -                   Got my first international job, National A licence	
2023	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     QR2             -                  -                   Continental C and A licence             	    

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

2023         Nigeria         AFCON		R16		 Sacked after AFCON

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Edited by LeoFM

I'm looking forward to giving this another go this year, last year was probably my longest attempt again. I've gotten further as the years have gone by, I've decided to buy a new laptop this year though as my other laptop was a good 8-10 years old and feel that was my main downfall over previous versions.

MANAGER PROFILE

737493255_Crowy_Profile.thumb.png.793cb32944a17ed5cb4bbd8909930490.png

LEAGUES LOADED

533690212_Game__TheUltimateFMChallenge__Add_RemoveLeagues.thumb.png.debcca8184a9555015ca0b06494e9e90.png

I think I'll be looking at starting in Europe this year, I've enjoyed starts in Chile and China in previous versions and don't want it to feel repetitive, good luck to everyone else who has started or is starting this challenge.

5100217d68ce6aafda137e0.png

252128_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.892316fe68e7cf0dc208d14ef1557be9.png

League Table ~ Squad Overview ~ Club Info

Edited by Crowy

Season 5 :2023/2024  Wuhan Zall

Image result for wuhan zall

Build Up

So Year 2 in China begins and hoping ot make a big splash this year after a really promosing season last year. Feel i have a real chance at the AFC with how the tactic seemed to play in the league and feel like Chinese teams will be my toughest test in it.

Transfers

Unfortunatly my main midfielder of last year Jorginho got a bad knee injury in preseason and put him out for 6 months so i quickly had to reaccess i instantly though of Andreas Periera from previous United saves, i have always got him to perform well for some reason in the last 2 FMs and he was open to the move as he was currently slumming it in mid table in Russia so a cool 19m bagged him for me on a modest 140k a week for this league.

I then went a little bit nuts and wanted to sign a young exciting regen my scouts were locked onto too a portuguese stiker at Wolves so i splashed a pretty insane 80m to get him as i have crazy China money and no one to spend it on haha.

3 others were signed for the u19s from other Chinese teams and did not feature this season.

In the second window i dipped into the market again looking to pick up some Chinese reinforcements so i identified the top players in the league up to that point and chanced my arm in signing them which led me to picking up striker/winger Tao Qianglong for 18m from a struggling Guangzhou Evergrande and another players from my main rivals John Hou Saeter for only 5m, the database honestly handles these transfer poorly and you seem to be able to easiy form a kind of Chinese super team as these guys are heads and shoulders above other Chinese players.

The main outgoing was Marcos Alsonso to Evergrande for 19m and a few youger players sold to Divsion One teams.

The League

Opened with a very strong start winning our first 7 quite easily before hitting a bit of a wall against some of the tougher sides wehere we lost 2 and drew 3 out of 5 stuck with my game plan and reinforced in the transfer window around this time we then went on to run rampent in the league only dropping 6 points in the league. The main reason being Periera and Petagna absolutely destroyed the league and broke all kinds of records so if you find yourself in China i cant recommened these two enough. Probably one of the most dominant seasons ive had in FM so early on in a save but again i think this is partly due ot be being able to hoard Chinese players easily.

8 Players in the TOTY and 3 subs and Periera getting POTY and Petagna getting to Golden Boot.

The Cup

The Cup was a battle to the death two of our games going to extra time and one to penalties we really go lucky but ultimately cruised the final which was over two legs, seems to be a common trend in Asia.

The AFC

My first proper crack at this tournament so wasn't sure what to expect a very shaky group stage due to registration issues as i had Jorginho registered but then his injury kinda screwed me a bit so we scrapped through the groups where we could then re register our new man Periera and our new Chinese players into the mix. We faced the entire South Korean League more or less in our run of the tournament dispatching Seoul in a nervy fixture coming out 5-3 winners or aggregate before blowing away Suwon Bluewings 7-2 in the Quarters. Then we faced Jeonbuk Hyandai Motors a team who had beat us in the group stages so i was pretty apprehensive about it and too my shock we get absolutely battered away from home 3-0 not really creating much and honestly lucky to get out of there only conceding three but i had hope we have embarrassed teams at home this season scoring 5 or more on a few occassions so i spared me main lads in the games surrounding the second leg and it paid off with us coming out 4-0 winners after 2 late goals to go through then onto another two legged final getting sick of these type finals tbh where we dispatch Al-Hilal without much trouble 5-1 on aggregate. So there we go my stint in Asia is wrapped up with a treble in China in my second year.

Really a case of me abusing the ability to get the best Chinese players and stumbling across a gem of a striker for these league but i'll take and 3 more trophies to add to the collection.

I have now resigned from Wuhan with nothing left to gain in Asia bar a national job which who knows when will pop up and i now await my next challenge.

I will update this post with screenshots tomorrow!

Leagues		Cups	
2020/21	Indonesia ISL		PSPS Pekanbaru	2nd	N/A	4th Rd	n/a	n/a	n/a	Asian Confederation Cur Winner, MOTY, National C Licence
2021/22	Indonesia ISL 		PSPS Pekanbaru	1st	N/A	Winner	n/a	n/a	n/a	Domestic Double,MOTY,POTY,National B Licence
2022/23	Indonesia ISL 		PSPS Pekanbaru	N/A	N/A	N/A	n/a	Grp	n/a	First AFC appearance, Leave after 6 League games.
2022/23	China	  CSL 		Wuhan Zall	4th	N/A	N/A	n/a	n/a	n/a	Fight back from relegation to top 4, National A License
2023/24	China	  CSL 		Wuhan Zall	1st	N/A	Winner	n/a	Winner	n/a	Treble Season, Continental C and B Licence, MOTY,POTY

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 Top domestic leagues (Liga Super Indonesia 21/22,Chinese Super League 23/24)

2/10 Top Domestic cups (Piala Indonesia 19/20,Chinese FA Cup 23/24)

1/5 Continental championships (AFC 23/24)

0/1 Club World Cups

International

0/1 World tournaments ()

5/32

10 hours ago, Homicidal_Jesus said:

Really feeling your pain @Skogmus do they have any insane players? or just seemingly one of those things?

Their players are great, but I thought ours were that as well. I think it's just one of those things.. Might just be so that they are good against the system I play. I never liked changing up a system within a team according to who I play, but can play different systems at different teams (you know, adapting to the player material). Over the 3 times they now beat me, I don't think we had our best games, but that can't be a coincident anymore. They really did neutralize us, even though I felt like we should win the WC one considering we played 1 man more for a while and gave it away on a stupid penalty in the end.

Looking at it now, I really don't know what nation I should hope for next. Turned down England and France while I still had the Spain job, so I don't think those opportunities will present themselves again. Hopefully something will open up soon, so the entire challenge won't be reduced to me having to win international competitions in the end.

2046/47 – Sporting CP

179px-Sporting_Clube_de_Portugal_(Logo).

Manager Profile – Fixtures 1 – Fixtures 2 – Fixtures 3

Still no opening in Spain, but at least I found my way to the Iberian peninsula. Never actually managed in Portugal before, so when I found an opening in what I think is one of the top clubs I jumped at it. There are some talent in the squad, but I there is an overweight of attacking players (AMs and strikers) while I don't really have a lot of options at defense and midfield (DM, CM). Tried to find some gems in the transfer window, but couldn't get as well-rounded squad as I would have wanted. We're suggested to finish 3rd behind FCP and SLB, but I hope to challenge for higher.

Primeira Liga: We're doing OK in periods, but fall apart in other periods. Really rollercoaster, and in the end we're closer to finishing 7th than 2nd. Not what I hoped for, but we were really struggling to produce results for periods so 3rd is probably the best we could hope for with such varying results.
Taca de Portugal: Easy through to semi-final, where we met SLB. 0-0 after game 1 and losing 1-0 in the 2nd leg after an own goal in the 88th minute. Representative for the season seen under one how we went out here.
League Cup: Semi final again. Out against FCP. They were better than us. 
European Champions League: The one tournament I don't care about, and the one tournament where we produce one good result after another. Beat Zenit and Club Brugge to qualify for group stages, where we're up against Man. Utd, Wolfsburg and Steaua Bucuresti. Tough group where I think we realistically should get 3rd, but an amazing start with a win against Man. Utd followed by draw against Wolfsburg makes us top of group 2 games in. 4 points against Bucuresti followed by a loss against Man. Utd. means we need a point in final game to qualify. Win against Wolfsburg and we're through the group stage. Then we somehow beat Monaco in the 2nd round, before meeting Chelsea in quarter finals. 1-1 in both legs, 1-1 in extra time and unfortunately we had home ground for 2nd leg so they go through on away goals after extra time (what an absolutely ridiculous rule…). Overachieved a lot here.

Not a season I would've wanted, and my best players will probably leave after the season. I don't know if I'll stay or go elsewhere right now, but if I stay something drastic have to be done to the player material.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2046/47   Sporting CP              Primeira Liga                 3rd        Semi/Semi                Qtr final         

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2046     Spain         N/A                      Qtr final          Knocked out in the quarter final of WC, sacked.

Club

International

Trophies:

Spoiler

Well, I won't stay at Sporting for next season. Finally had a successful interview at a Spanish club, and

tRRG1p8.png

Finally I landed a job in Spain, and it's with Real Madrid. Gap up to Barcelona from last season is quite big, but should be able to win La Liga within a couple of seasons at least. Hopefully it won't be a new experience like I had at Manchester City where Chelsea were unreal season after season and I had to spend way too much time to win the Premier League. 

Bildresultat för hudiksvalls ff

Hudiksvalls FF - 2024 report

Sweet revenge. I have finally managed to win something, and even if it doesn't count in the challenge I'm really glad to have smashed the league. My players was much better than everyone else, and my plug-and-play tactic was really good. Achieving a record points tally of 74, it's fair to say I was pleased with the season. I finally got my strikers scoring as well, my front 2 scored a combined total of 37 goals. Very happy to get the manager of the year award as well.

This is likely my last season here in Sweden as I want to go and actually make some progress in this challenge. I've taken Hudiksvalls FF to the Swedish 2nd tier, and hopefully they can stay there and become professional. My former team Magni also managed to escape relegation after their promotion to the top tier! 

Here are my key players from my time in Hudiksvall:

Tarek Alnator - My best players during my previous 2 seasons at the club. 

Filip Schyberg - Captain, leader of a centre back. Scored 12 goals in 2 seasons.

Niclas Andersén - Great attacking left back, got 7 assists this season. 

Teodor Wålemark - My best defender. 6 goals and 2 assists in 25 games for a centre back is not bad at all.

Anders Olsen - Probably my best player this season, got 18 goals and 6 assists in 27 games. 

Filston Mawana - Great name, very good striker. Scored 20 goals for me.

Patrik Larsson - My best DM.

Piotr Johansson - I love that his in-game name is just "Piotr" and he was a beast for me on the right wing.

Manager profile

League table

Season review

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2023	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden             Division 1 north 3rd		     QR2             -                  -                   Continental C and A licence      
2024	     Hudiksvalls FF   Sweden   	         Division 1 north 1st                Won in QR2      -                  -                   -     	    

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

2023         Nigeria         AFCON		R16		 Sacked after AFCON

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

AC_Milan_svg.thumb.png.f6495f3a5a59e3eac209c305d108345b.png

Didn't end up staying unemployed for long, both Milan jobs became available which I was privileged to be interview for both. AC acted first and offered me the role, they had finished 5th whereas Inter finished 3rd and were in the Champions League, I accidentally accepted the AC job instead of delaying and waiting for an offer from Inter, but we wont tell the supporters that will we.

I became the head coach right next to the preseason transfer window opening which meant there were a few locked transfers I couldn't get out of. We spent 50m+ pounds on a 3 star left wing and 20 odd million on a 32yo DC.  This meant we didn't have money in the bank nor any money for transfers. I had to become creative in order to generate some funds and also free up some space in the Non EU spots. I have to admit it was a cracking window for me, very clinical indeed. I brought in 2 Italian national squad defenders (DL and DC), Vignano another Italian squad player who I had loaned at Wolfsburg in the season I won the Bundesliga as an AMR and most importantly loaned in Odegaard who was named player of the year and broke all records with his ave rating. 

Competitions the main focus was Serie A followed by the Italian Cup then the Euro Cup. We started off really in the league winning our first 4 games including wins against Juve and Lazio. Then we lost against surprise packets Bologna 5 - 0 and that's when I thought it would become a struggle but we won 8 of the following 9 games to sit in first with only 2 other teams challenging for the title being Juve and Bologna. 2 Draws followed that good run and we were knocked off first by Juve who had won 11 straight. It took us a while to catch them and a 5 - 2 spanking against them at the San Siro then pretty much started their decline. We ended up winning the league with a few games to go.

The Italian cup we had a tough run. First round we played Udinese at home and beat them 2 - 0. Next game was against Napoli away and with a weakened squad we still won 1 - 0 in extra time thanks to a 100th minute own goal. We were then put up against Juve in the Semi which is over two legs. First leg was away which we demolished them 5 - 1 which was only 9 days after the 5 - 2 Serie A drumming. Played a second string side in the second leg and we were through to the final against our rivals Inter. In the league games, both teams enjoyed 3 - 1 wins in front of their fans so this was by no means going to be an easy win. Inter took the lead in the 18th minute via this average 19yo LM in the 18th minute however we quickly equalised in the 24th minute. Inter restored their lead again shortly after in the 29th.  We created lots of chances and finally scored another equaliser with 11 minutes of normal time through substitute Paqueta. This is how it finished. There were no goals in extra time so it was down to penalties. Our top marksmen who had a shocker missed the first pen and after missing our 4th pen, Inter had won the final. 

Euro Cup was one where I used the second team for the majority of the tourney but probably produced some great results including an 11 - 0 drubbing of the Crusaders, 6 - 2 against Arsenal and 5 - 0 against Wolves. We won this competition very comfortably.

Special shout out to Krzysztof Piatek who scored more goals then he had starts and managed 34 in the league. One of the best ever efforts for me from a striker in all my recent manager performances in one of the worlds top leagues. 

Next season - we're in desperate need of funds, our bank balance is now in the red of 90m pounds. We were given a whopping 4m for winning the Serie A and gave out 10m out to staff and players for winning it, go figure. Im not sure what this means for the club, but it certainly is going to impact the squad at some point particularly as there's quite a few on the wrong side of 30.  Id love to give the Champions League a crack with this club but if I see ne of the big guns in England or Spain available next season, I will probably apply for it.  Hoping Liverpool as they've just spent 200m pound on 2 players. 

I have the Copa America coming up next with Brazil, will probably play it in the new year. Happy new year managers!

Top Domestic Leagues     2 / 10 - Bundesliga (Wolfsburg 2026), Serie A (AC Milan 2028)

Cups                                     2 / 10 - Betfred Cup (Arbroath 2023), DFB Pokal (Wolfsburg 2026)

Continental                         0 / 6

International                       1 / 5 - AFCON (Senegal 2023)

12 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Pretty sure that I know the answer to this but could I add the Canadian League & Gibraltar leagues to this challenge as they are official SI updates/uploads or can it only be leagues that are in the original game? 

Can't add leagues.

Didn't know there were official SI uploads though.