The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pug's Update Season 2026-27

9011D1q.png

Into My 2nd Season With Newcastle And We Were Made Favourites  Odds . Also We Had Moved Into Our New Stadium And With A Transfer Budget

To Strengthen Our Squad. Up First Was The Community Shield Against Spurs And A 4-4 Pen Shoot-Out  Win. Next Up Was A 3-1 Super Cup Win.

After That It Was A Really Easy League Win With Only 3 League Defeats All Season. Results 1Results 2League Table . The League Cup And FA Cup

Were The Same. League Cup ResultsFA Cup Results . The Champions League Was Again Really Easy With Only 1 Draw Against Porto. Results .

With The Club World Cup Also Won. Results . It Round Of A Very Good Season.

Season Review  End Of Season Awards  Job History

Iq0TzmH.png

With The Australian Squad At The World Cup We Did Really Well And Reached The Quarter-Finals. Results .

Onto The Main Comp For What I'm Here For. With A Group Of Iran Oman And India And 3 Wins And 18 Goals For And 0 Against. Table

It Was On To The 2nd Round And 8-0 Win Against UAE. Next Up In The Quarters Was Saudi Arabia And A Easy 6-1 Win. Up Next Was A

Semi-Final With Qatar And A 9-0 Win.In The Final We Face 2nd Favourites South Korea And A Hard 5-1 Win. It Was 1-1 At Half-Time

Then They Got A Man Sent Off. ResultsJob History .

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                       -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Soihull Moors       Won                                                     Won Vanarama League
2018/19    Mthatha Bucks       Won                 Won                                 Won ABSA Premiership/Telkom
2019/20    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won                                 Won All Domestic Trophies
2020/21    Kaizer Chiefs                                  Won                          Left After Champions League Win 
2021/22    Puebla              Won            Won                                      Won Cup And League                  
2022/23    Puebla              Won  Won                   Won                          Won Apertura/Clausura/Champ League  
2022/23    Pohang Steelers     Won                                                     Won The League
2023/24    Pohang Steelers     Won            Won         Won                          Won The Treble
2023/24    AC Milan
2024/25    AC Milan            Won            Won                                      Won The Double
2025/26    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won    Won                          Won The Treble
2026/27    Newcastle Utd       Won            Won  Won    Won     Won                  Won Everything

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                   INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                   --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                         World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2020/21   Nigeria
2021/22   Nigeria                                                    Won
2021/22   Chile                                                                                       Sacked After 4 Games
2026/27   Australia                                           Won

Challenge Progress.
  -------------------

Club
----
5/10 Top Domestic Leagues(South Africa-Mexico-South Korea-Italy-England)
5/10 Top Domestic Cups   (South Africa-Mexico-South Korea-Italy-England)
4/5  Continental Cups    (Kaizer Chiefs-Puebla-Pohang-Newcastle Utd)
1/1  Club World Cup      (Newcastle Utd)

International
-------------
2/5  Continental Tournaments (Nigeria/ACON-Australia/AFC)
0/2  World Tournaments       ()

Edited by pug 407
Update

EDIT: I got appointed Manager of Melbourne Victory in the A-League! So excited! Will post screenshots and an update post-transfer window, super excited to be in Australia!

220px-Warriors_F.C._Logo.png1200px-Asociaci%C3%B3n_del_F%C3%BAtbol_A

Warriors FC / Argentina U23 - 2019 Report

I could not be prouder of the 2019 Season I had with Warriors FC. I am delighted to say that we successfully won the league, and both cups by an extremely wide margin. My players were phenomenal, but Singapore could only take me so far. I have no doubt that if I remained with Warriors FC, I would win the league again, but I have no wish to do so. Thusly, I resigned, but not before I was appointed the manager of Argentina's U23. I am still out of a club job but will be taking my young Argentinian national team to the olympics in 2020. I am very excited!

Without a club, I don't have much to report on. Screenshots are below as always, and I am looking forward to seeing where I will end up next (hopefully Korea, Australia, or China)!

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018     PS Barito Putera      Indonesia         Liga 1           18th               -               2nd Round               -             National C Badge
2019     Warriors FC           Singapore         Premier League   1st                -               Winner!            East Asia Playoff  National B,A, Contiential C
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

Season       Country         Tournament         Finished         Others & Notes             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019         Argentina U23                                       No Competition
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

1/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Singapore)
 1/10  Top Domestic Cups (Singapore)
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/5   Continental Tournaments
 0/2   World Tournaments

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

treble.thumb.PNG.ea0784995de0a530f639c1ef094c92f8.PNG

resign.thumb.PNG.cce480c6285fc7e3211752f1bbe2c210.PNG

me.thumb.PNG.622ba22f92c75fb85bc9511cc2281c05.PNG

Edited by CaesarXI

I had an awful first season on this challenge, and got sacked after taking Kelantan dangerously close to relegation. The main highlight of my time there was getting my National C Licence. I moved on to Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Perak (PKNP) for the following season after they had been relegated from the top tier. I inherited an awful squad of overpaid players and had no budget to work with. I managed to get a few good youngsters in but that was about it so whilst finishing 7th out of 12 doesn't sound amazing, we were only 6 points away from promotion which is a result that I would have taken at the start of the season. Another struggle in the second season with PKNP and I'd had enough of managing in Malaysia.

Onto better things hopefully with my next club whoever that may be.

Spoiler

Season By Season

Dom.

Cont.

Season

Team

Tier

Position

Cup

Cup

Notes

MAS

Kelantan

QF

N/A

Sacked after a poor run of form.

MAS

PKNP

R2

N/A

MAS

PKNP

R2

N/A

Resigned.

Spoiler

Career Stats

Days

P

W

D

L

GF

GA

GD

Win%

Managed

Overall

Kelantan

PKNP

Spoiler

Challenge Progress

English Premier League

0/1

Spanish La Liga

0/1

German Bundesliga

0/1

French Ligue 1

0/1

Italian Serie A

0/1

Other Top Tier Domestic Leagues

0/5

Different Top Domestic Cups

0/10

Different Champion's Leagues

0/5

Different International Continental Cups

0/5

World Cups

0/1

Confederations Cup

0/1

Club World Cup

0/1

Edited by viney

Hi guys,

I would like to join you and start this challenge but I have a question. How many countries/league do you start with as playable a watch only? You start with all leagues on? I have pretty good machine but it must take a lot of time to proceed especially later in the game doesn't it? Or later in the game you adjust numbers of playable leagues?

Thanks.

I started with 5 small leagues in terms of number of divisions and teams, China, South Africa, Mexico and Argentina & Brazil I think.  Once you get several years in and save file grows and you've got the larger leagues running then reduce down to 3 running at once.  It all depends on how your machine handles it.

Edited by blackdevil

On 05/11/2018 at 21:13, vikeologist said:

don't know anything about FMT,  but you're allowed to do challenge,  if you want .  just explain what differences are clearly if you want me to clarify instructions at start of thread . 

Hey - thanks for that.  Tbh the problem for me is that it's a bit immersion breaking to walk straight into that caliber of job, so it's put me off before I've begun!  If I could edit my rep so it was the same as it would be in the full fat game (i.e. no coaching badges / sunday league) then I'd give it a go, but I suspect the only way to do that is to buy an editor, which I'm not happy to do.  It's a great challenge though - hopefully in future versions I'll be able to try it out

1 hour ago, barsiem said:

Hey - thanks for that.  Tbh the problem for me is that it's a bit immersion breaking to walk straight into that caliber of job, so it's put me off before I've begun!  If I could edit my rep so it was the same as it would be in the full fat game (i.e. no coaching badges / sunday league) then I'd give it a go, but I suspect the only way to do that is to buy an editor, which I'm not happy to do.  It's a great challenge though - hopefully in future versions I'll be able to try it out

Can I suggest something; don't worry about completing the challenge. In fact when it started this challenge had the tagline of being 'impossible', although of course that turned out to be wildly incorrect.

I'm doing a challenge now (Steel) that's even more difficult than this one and just not worrying about the fact that I won't finish it. Last year I came very close to completing 2 challenges (this one and the Youth) that were really enjoyable until the end. I think a lot of people who've completed this challenge (including me the one time I managed it) did not enjoy the latter part of the challenge, but most of us enjoy the beginning.

For me this thread was most fun in the early years when nobody, and then only a few, had completed it. There was actually a point where this challenge changed for the worst; when somebody achieved the challenge in about 4 weeks (in real life) winning every single competition (apart from 1) he needed to win first time despite an overall winning percentage of about 45%. (The preceding sentence has not been verified for accuracy).

Focus on the journey, not the destination, or failing that just concentrate on getting on to the leader board, an achievement that posters have described as 

the happiest moment of my life, apart from the birth of my first born; but definitely better than that of the rest of my supposed offspring

disappearance of the individual to the universal

and

It's Turkey Time, gobble, gobble

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:24, barsiem said:

I was all set to give this a try on FMT. Loaded the game with South Africa and China, thinking I'd start in SA & after a few years maybe able to get a Chinese job, simmed until I got offered a job, and was offered one within a day!  With Shandong Luneng no less!  I then realised I cannot start with no reputation in FMT, which has spoilt the effect for me...  Ho hum will have to find something else.  I've no chance of completing this in full fat due to the time required

Has this no reputation thing changed for FM19Touch. I haven't bothered to download it, but on FM18 Touch, you can change the past playing experience of the coach to sunday league.

8 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Focus on the journey, not the destination

Have to echo the sentiment here, even when I finished the challenge I carried on the save and still ended up changing jobs after six months and winning the trophies I was after as the journey was still fun....and I finally at the 3rd attempt landed the Man Utd job which I finished the save with.

Related image

Melbourne Victory - 2020/21 Report

Let me start off my by saying this; Melbourne Victory was pretty underwhelming. The team was expected to walk the league and qualify for the AFC Champions League easily, but all I got was a whole bunch of disappointment. I joined Melbourne in May of 2020, and was sacked in April of 2021, with only two games left to go in the season. We successfully won the FFA cup in the summer, but struggled to carry that form throughout the league and ended up in 5th position where I ended up being sacked. I'm not going to go over my transfers, the finances, or squad; simply because there isn't much point. Currently waiting for the season to end, and am looking to pick up a job in China or Korea.

Screenshots are below as always.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

Season       Team             Country            League           Position           FA Cup          League Cup         Champs League       Others & Notes       
2018     PS Barito Putera      Indonesia         Liga 1           18th               -               2nd Round               -             National C Badge
2019     Warriors FC           Singapore         Premier League   1st                -               Winner!            East Asia Playoff  National B,A, Contiential C
2020/21  Melbourne Victory     Australia         A-League         5th                Winner!         -                  -                  Continental B,A Sacked

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

2019         Argentina U23                                       No Competition / Resigned

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

1/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Singapore)
 2/10  Top Domestic Cups (Singapore, Australia)
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

YES!.thumb.PNG.050430b521f894110971cea0326b028c.PNG

cup.thumb.PNG.602b4a5675e60a0e9c75cb931b21ecd4.PNG

F.thumb.PNG.cce48666c2698f956490234bb1b0be81.PNG

me.thumb.PNG.1960a3f9b7724d3998b545b12474e2fb.PNG

Edited by CaesarXI

1200px-Selangorfalogo_svg.thumb.png.bb0f8bcb35f15f231a7dafe8ca4b5aaa.png

Selangor - 2018 & 2019

I've decided to give this a bash this year, I usually have a go at the pentagon challenge and have never managed it but it's always fun. I've started in Malaysia as Selangor, a decent team who have won the league many times before and as recently as 2000 so it wasn't much of a challenge to get them going in the right direction. I came 4th in my first season after a difficult start but won the league and the cup in my second season. I think now my reputation is up a bit I will look for a job in China, as I've got no chance of winning the ACL with these lot. I've also decided to play as a tiny woman as I think it would be funny if at the end of the game the greatest manager of all time is a tiny woman from Essex.

Images Below:

Spoiler

OZ61SRe.png8qUZdhZ.pngLsSWI1a.png2OMCCWn.png

image.png

Edited by Rizz0therat

I briefly had a go at this last year - so am going to try again for FM19.  This time I will avoid China!

Here's my profile.

EDIT: and here's the leagues I have chosen (I have a decent PC).  No China :D

Also no Brazil, don't think I can cope with those looonnnggg seasons.

Edited by Crispypaul

It's not until November 2018 I finally managed to have someone crazy enough to offer me a job - and it's in a league I have never managed in before:

HomeUnitedFC.png.be821f47fb6f3515bf08a20fe814255c.png

Home United

Singapore Premier League

The Police Sports Association was founded in the mid-1940s to organise football activities for the Singapore Police Force. They sent two teams to compete in the Singapore Amateur Football Association League in the 1950s and 1960s, but neither team won any trophies. Under coach Choo Seng Quee, Police SA won the inaugural President's Cup in 1968, then reached and lost the next two finals. In 1979, they joined the National Football League, were placed in Division III, and immediately earned promotion to Division II. In 1980, Police SA won the Division II title, the President's Cup and the Boggars Cup. In 1985, they were national league champions, after setting a national record as the only team to go unbeaten for 17 consecutive games. The performances of Police SA led to their selection as one of eight teams to compete in the newly formed S.League.[1]

When the S.League was formed in 1996, the club was known as the Police Football Club. The following year, its name was changed to Home United to reflect that the team represents not only the Singapore Police Force, but also other HomeTeam departments of the Singapore Ministry of Home Affairs such as the Singapore Civil Defence Force and the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.

Home United were two-time S.League winners and holders of a record six Singapore Cup trophies. They were the first club to achieve the S.League and Singapore Cup double in 2003.

The team's nickname is the "Protectors", and its mascot is a dragon. The team's home ground is the Bishan Stadium.

Squad

Pretty decent, in particular Australian winger Isaka Cernak and Singaporean striker Song Ui-Young

Finances - all in good shape

The team finished 4th in the 2018 season, predicted 2nd, but a little off Tampines.  Hopefully we can make a go of it.

A Filipino team won the Singaporean cup!  How odd.

EDIT: oh - looks like finishing 4th has got us a place in the 2019 AFC Cup (the 2nd tier of the AFC continental competitions) - doesn't count towards the challenge but interesting to get continental football already!

Edited by Crispypaul

2 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

A Filipino team won the Singaporean cup!  How odd.

EDIT: oh - looks like finishing 4th has got us a place in the 2019 AFC Cup (the 2nd tier of the AFC continental competitions) - doesn't count towards the challenge but interesting to get continental football already!

Christ, even in FM my dear Singaporean teams can't win their own cups. (I'm from there. The state of our football in real life is appalling.)

Bilderesultat for haugesund fotballklubb

Season 2020-2021

After taking Asker to the Premier Division I left to take over Haugesund FK. Haugesund (FKH) had just finished 3rd in the league and their manager left to take over Vålerenga. When I was offered the job it was an easy decision to make. There are no room for being sentimental on this challenge, and Haugesund had a really good side, while Asker was still running on semi professional contracts.  

I spent the pre season fairly well, and certainly took advantage of loan deals, as there are no cap on this in the Norwegian league. This gave me a really good side, two players on loan from Gent were especially gifted. 

We won the league on the last day of the season, beating silver medalist Brann at home. We also went through from the group stage in the Europa League, finishing behind Tottenham. 

We also won the Norwegian Cup, beating Molde 1-0 in the cup final. 

Winning the league in Norway, as well as the cup, really does mean that there are nothing more to do in Norway. We are not going to get any European silverware with a Norwegian team. 

I left at the end of the season, taking over Angers in Ligue 1. We are doing quite well, and an update will come soon. 

5.thumb.jpg.426a4d3288c7d669e6b9c72ab4ca9234.jpg6.thumb.jpg.41e9b66b3eec1436449bacdc918d2b46.jpg7.thumb.jpg.61db3683ea4eaed96b0e76f61aa2cac3.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup                         | Continental 	  	 | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Asker             | Norway             | 1st    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2019    | Asker             | Norway             | 2nd    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2021    | Haugesund         | Norway             | 1st    | Winners                     | Group Stage EL

INTERNATIONAL
Season  | Nation            | Titles           
------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

1/10  Top Domestic Leagues
1/10  Top Domestic Cups
0/5   Continentals Cups
0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

TROPHY LIST (only trophies that count towards the challenge, trophies won twice are not listed)

Norwegian Premier Division
Norwegian Cup

Edited by thomas_e

18240.png200px-Fed_paraguay.svg.png

Tianjin Quanjian / Paraguay - 2022 + 2023 Report

It has certainly been quite a long time since we last met; previously I was the recently sacked manager of Melbourne Victory in the A-League of Australia. I spent a total of eight months doing job searching, and although I was offered numerous jobs, I was very particular about which I would choose. I was beginning to lose hope but in December I got offered the Manager job at Tianjin Quanjian in the Chinese Super League! I was very excited; for one, the team had a front-end sugar daddy, and it had a solid squad that could qualify for Asia. Unfortunately, due to a poor start during my first season in charge, I was unable to qualify for the Champions League. 

I didn't stop there, though.

I knew that Tianjin Quanjian was a diamond in the rough; it didn't have the most depth, and a majority of the squad was either aging or very bad, but what it did have was finances. I did a complete overhaul of the team, and brought in some of the best talents China had to offer. In my second season, we not only successfully won both the league and the FA Cup, but we also went invincible as well. Assuming I can maintain my contracts through 2024, we should easily win the Champions League and I will begin my journey to the country of South Africa.

In the meantime, I have become the manager of the Paraguayan International Team. I hope to take the team through the South American Continental Cup, and hopefully to the World Cup. I give no guarantees that next time we meet (End of 2024) I will still be the manager of Paraguay, but I can guarantee that I will be managing an international team.

Screenshots are below as always.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2020/21  Melbourne Victory     Australia         A-League         5th                Winner!         -                  -                  Continental B,A Sacked
2022     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     4th                5th Round       -                  -                  Continetal Pro
2023     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     1st                Winner!         -                  -                  Champions, Qual. for Champ

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

2019         Argentina U23                                       No Competition / Resigned
2022         Paraguay                                            2022 + 2023 spent qualifying for World Cup
2023         Paraguay                                            

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

2/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Singapore, China)
 3/10  Top Domestic Cups (Singapore, Australia, China)
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

jina.thumb.PNG.032f4dcf9c34cc4175712755fe1a30b3.PNG

WIN.thumb.PNG.07afbb68178a92d77dfa974c771f27fa.PNG

2x.thumb.PNG.f5352ef031eb670f20e24bbc95157bb8.PNG

invince.thumb.PNG.b6dbc2db757ef1a64ebe754dfbd8bc7f.PNG

MEREAL.thumb.PNG.fb05ba9641812f743c2af9587e662998.PNG

1612668397_jobhistory.thumb.PNG.401287ed73af92fbab44a8d142bdb3c6.PNG

bio.thumb.PNG.ceb73636b4925aed96b1342cc97b8140.PNG

First season in Singapore going well.  Just curious which cup counts for the challenge (or either?)

There's the Singapore cup which is a straight knockout (but has foreign, guest teams) or the league cup however the latter doesn't have the "Young Lions" (Singapore's U-23 team that play in the league) but the other 8 remaining regular teams.

EDIT: oops should probably have read the post above!  I gather that either is fine then.

Edited by Crispypaul

7 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

First season in Singapore going well.  Just curious which cup counts for the challenge (or either?)

There's the Singapore cup which is a straight knockout (but has foreign, guest teams) or the league cup however the latter doesn't have the "Young Lions" (Singapore's U-23 team that play in the league) but the other 8 remaining regular teams.

EDIT: oops should probably have read the post above!  I gather that either is fine then.

I'm not sure which post established that either was fine.

According to Wikipedia, the league cup was discontinued in 2017. Is it still in the game? Are you doing this on FM19?

The Singapore Cup is obviously fine, but it would have to be won by a Singapore side. We have a similar thing where MLS sides can or could win the Canadian Cup. The Canadian Cup doesn't count towards the challenge. It would be the same with foreign sides winning the Singapore Cup.

If the League Cup is as you describe, maybe it shouldn't count towards the challenge, because not all the top division sides enter. We do have the cups in Mexico which don't have all the top division sides, but we said that was eligible, because they're the only domestic cups, and as a rule I think each nation should have at least one eligible cup.

On the other hand, it depends whether the Young Lions is actually a club, or just a national team squad. If the 'Young Lions' are not manageable in the game, then I'd say they're not a 'club', and therefore the League Cup is open to all top division clubs and therefore eligible.

9 hours ago, vikeologist said:

I'm not sure which post established that either was fine.

According to Wikipedia, the league cup was discontinued in 2017. Is it still in the game? Are you doing this on FM19?

The Singapore Cup is obviously fine, but it would have to be won by a Singapore side. We have a similar thing where MLS sides can or could win the Canadian Cup. The Canadian Cup doesn't count towards the challenge. It would be the same with foreign sides winning the Singapore Cup.

If the League Cup is as you describe, maybe it shouldn't count towards the challenge, because not all the top division sides enter. We do have the cups in Mexico which don't have all the top division sides, but we said that was eligible, because they're the only domestic cups, and as a rule I think each nation should have at least one eligible cup.

On the other hand, it depends whether the Young Lions is actually a club, or just a national team squad. If the 'Young Lions' are not manageable in the game, then I'd say they're not a 'club', and therefore the League Cup is open to all top division clubs and therefore eligible.

It is in FM19.  There is a League Cup in game.  Must be an error from SI.....

I am a Singaporean side so if I win that will take it as the cup win and ignore the League Cup.  I have just tried to add manager and the "Young Lions" are indeed playable therefore the League Cup probably shouldn't count

After serious thought Ive decided to do this challenge for FM19, I completed it in FM17 and failed miserably in FM18!

Now to decide where I am going to start, I see this year it's a) harder to get a job and b) most people are starting in Asia.

Decisions, Decisions!

952983c2f650145e036c330eeead32b6.png

Bilderesultat for angers fc Bilderesultat for france

Season 2021-2023

After leaving Haugesund and Norway I took over Angers SCO in Ligue 1. They were 8th in the table when I took over, performing above expectations. We were able to continue the fine form and we finished 4th, grabbing the last CL spot. 

In the summer I did a massive overhaul of the squad, bringing in no less than 17 players, for a combined sum of £13.5 mill. Among them were Carlos Alena, Edinson Cavani, Matteo Guendouzi, Mateus Uribe, Theo Hernandez and Nick Pope. Strong players with a lot of experience. We also got several players on loan, as well as a couple of cheap wonderkids from South Africa and the Ivory Coast. 

We performed way above what I could ever expect. We went unbeaten and won Ligue 1 with 104 points, 11 points ahead of PSG. We sealed the title away to PSG in the second last round of the season, beating them 3-2 at Parc des Princes. 

We also won the Coupe de la Ligue, beating Monaco 4-1 in the final. 

We went through from the group stage in the Champions League, and then proceeded to knock out Atletico Madrid. After that we met Man City, and we were never going to beat them. I played with a weakened team, and I believe we lost 5-0 overall. 

I will leave France now as I have won the Ligue 1, what an adventure it has been. 

I have also taken on international management, taking charge of France after they were knocked out by Senegal in the World Cup. Two games in to the Euro Qualification we have beaten Bosnia 1-0 and Belgium 3-0. An extremely talented France side, and Euro 2024 is obviously our main target. 

8.thumb.jpg.6933ab245e0ddbd18337c6dfe13a3416.jpg 9.thumb.jpg.bd284a149a4016a9abcd57ba5ef7d669.jpg10.thumb.jpg.1ee940910dd73796b4c543852e3baba4.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup                         | Continental 	  	 | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Asker             | Norway             | 1st    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2019    | Asker             | Norway             | 2nd    | 3rd Round                   | None      	 	 
2021    | Haugesund         | Norway             | 1st    | Winners                     | Group Stage EL
2022    | Angers SCO        | France             | 4th    | None                        | None
2023    | Angers SCO        | France             | 1st    | Winners Coupe de la Ligue   | Qtr CL

INTERNATIONAL
2023    | France            |

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

2/10  Top Domestic Leagues
2/10  Top Domestic Cups
0/5   Continentals Cups
0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

TROPHY LIST (only trophies that count towards the challenge, trophies won twice are not listed)

Norwegian Premier Division (Norway)
Norwegian Cup (Norway)
Ligue 1 (France)
Coupe de la Ligue (France)

Edited by thomas_e

200px-Beijing_Renhe_F.C..png.6d755f7f351020962858baa1dc166793.png

Renhe 2020

First season in China has to go down as a success, although I was playing the team who were 1st on the last day of the season and a win would have secured the title but my goalkeeper decided to try and dribble out the ball in the 95minute (despite the ref giving 3 minutes added time) and gave the ball straight to their striker. I was fuming, he is 17 though so I forgive him. Next season we are heading into my first continental competition, the Asian Champions League!

2018    | Selangor          | Malaysia           | 4th    | QF                          | None      	 	 | National B
2019    | Selangor          | Malaysia           | 1st    | Winners                     | None      	 	 | National A
2020    | Renhe             | China              | 2nd    | QF                          | None           	 | Cont C and B

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

1/10  Top Domestic Leagues
1/10  Top Domestic Cups
0/5   Continentals Cups
0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

Table

Edited by Rizz0therat

HomeUnitedFC.png.151ed5af68e740c1a431fb7e3071a9fc.png

Crispypaul
Home United
Singaporean Premier Division

League - Table | Fixtures - this ended up being an absolute walk in the park, winning the division with five games and ultimately 23 points!

Singaporean Cup - Fixtures - easy run to the final where we annihilated DPMM 6-0.

Singaporean League Cup - Fixtures - this looks like it is actually defunct but anyway it is in the game and we won it fairly comfortably.

AFC Cup - Fixtures - a little bugged as we started off in the preliminary round and Singaporean teams are supposed to start in the groups.  Anyway, it took a lot of games but we made it to the final and overcame our Iraqi opposition to win the trophy.  You get a lot of prize money for winning this!

Finances - absolutely fine after our cup runs

Transfers - I filled out out foreign quota and also signed a few under-20 players who don't count for squad registration.  Rai Pinto, an ex-Porto left back being the best of these.

A lot of our squad made the Team of the Year

Best players:

Izzdin Shafiq - the most consistent of our central midfielders

Song Ui-Young - the South Korean born Singaporean striker scored 29 goals in all competitions

Sirina Camara - another naturalised Singaporean, the French left back was great down that left flank

Isaka Cernak - our best player, however the Australian winger wouldn't sign a new contract so moved to Adelaide United at the end of the season

I resigned straight after the cup final - a clean sweep more or less (it's not like we'll do anything in the ACL...).  

Domestic
Season	 Team			Division		Position			Notes						
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st             Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence

International
Year	   Team					Achievements

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019)	
 1/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019)
 0/5 club continental championships 
 0/1 club world championship

International
 0/5 continental tournaments 
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by Crispypaul

santacruz.png.f28be81280babeaf9b5c3e8846cb7f79.png

Club De Deportes Santa Cruz
Chilean Primera B

Took a few months and other rejections until I was offered a job at recently promoted Deportes Santa Cruz

A bit of a clean slate - there were no staff so that was the first job to get going on that

Squad - can't tell until I have an AM how good they are but they look ok

Facilities - decent enough for this level

18240.png200px-Fed_paraguay.svg.png227px-Confedera%C3%A7%C3%A3o_Brasileira_

Tianjin Quanjian / Paraguay / Brazil - 2024 Report

Another great season at Tianjin Quanjian! I was unfortunately unable to secure first place in the Super League and was knocked out of the FA cup early by Shanghai. I was able to win the Champions League through an easy group and another easy team in the first round. We made it to the Semi-Finals in the Club World cup where we were knocked out by the winners of the Copa Liberadores, and I resigned right after. I'm still out looking for a job, but it was quite the year.

In other news, my Paraguayan was successfully able to win the Copa America, beating Brazil in the final. Our route to the final was, again, quite easy, and it was by sure luck that we beat the team ranked #1 in the world. After winning, I resigned my position, and took the newly vacated job at Brazil. I plan on taking Brazil to the World Cup where we will hopefully win, and then I can focus on the other continental competitions.

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2022     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     4th                5th Round       -                  -                  Continetal Pro
2023     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     1st                Winner!         -                  -                  Champions, Qual. for Champ
2024     Tianjin Quanjian      China             Super League     2nd                5th Round       -                  Winner!            

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

2022         Paraguay                                            2022 + 2023 spent qualifying for World Cup
2023         Paraguay 
2024         Paraguay        Copa America        Winner!         
             Brazil                                              More WC Qualifiers

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

2/10  Top Domestic Leagues (Singapore, China)
 3/10  Top Domestic Cups (Singapore, Australia, China)
 1/5   Continentals Cups (Tianjin Quanjian)
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

1/5   Continental Tournaments (Paraguay)
 0/2   World Tournaments

Screenshots below.

Spoiler

acc.thumb.PNG.9c9b1a2fb74e30bb2260b3c5dd99121d.PNG

clubloss.thumb.PNG.f13996ee91ff87841fd8c0f1b71c8673.PNG

bye.thumb.PNG.e15a5c25241d55171cd6373df106310a.PNG

Copa.thumb.PNG.4ef5d62bf865675b62871133f7546ae5.PNG

copa2.thumb.PNG.0672b737c896e6e6ee45829c17a6b455.PNG

brazel.thumb.PNG.3d153ae0d1d04b93073ccac126a14c4f.PNG

merealreal.thumb.PNG.3d682240f954fa48607a27c3f7e0a3f9.PNG

QUADRUPLE WITH PSG

-

https://imgur.com/I8K1KRV

I managed to win everything on one try! Monaco was a tough opponent, but they dropped few points in the league while we only lost once and managed to gather 97 points. My starting GK stopped playing in January as I didn't sell him forward back to his origin country Germany and he got mad, but my 21 year old 2nd choice performed well and we only conceded 15 goals in Ligue 1. On transfer market I bought multiple AMC's (including 66M€ Dinko Vincic from Liverpool and Croatia) to support my tactics and once again sold all wingers in order to get the funds together. 184M€ well spent on six players! I also managed to win Champions League for the second time, again featuring Dinko Vincic and Walid Benyahia from the previously victorious Liverpool side. Next up - I don't know... China, Mexico, Italy or Spain I guess...

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield
30/31   Liverpool             Got sacked in January                Won Club World Cup, Community Shield & UEFA Super Cup
30/31   River Plate           6th Primera Div                      Appointed as a manager in April
31/32   River Plate           1st Primera Div      Won CL
32/33   Celtic                3rd Premiership                      Won Scottish Cup
33/34   PSG                   1st Ligue 1          Won CL          Won Coupe de France & Trophee des champions

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
2033        Croatia          Failed in Confederations Cup -> resigned
Challenge Progress 15/33

Club
 4/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool, Primera Division 31/32/River Plate, Ligue 1 33/34/PSG)
 4/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool, Scottish Cup 32/33/Celtic, Coupe de France 33/34/PSG)
 3/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool, Copa Libertadores 2031/River Plate)
 1/1 club world championship (2030/2031/Liverpool)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

minor update! World Cup happened and bunch of NT posts became available. I applied for Brazil and got the job! Im still managing PSG too as there haven't been any good jobs available in Germany, Italy or Spain. (I got offered Man City job).

1307961b017fca9eb6c9cf.png

Deportes La Serena

Manager Profile 2020

525079370d23a8954d5525c.png

League Table; Fixtures 1 ~ Fixtures 2 ~ Cups: After a very difficult start to this save this season came out of no where, we went the first 26 games unbeaten. As I was starting to believe I could do my first ever unbeaten season on FM, the referee screwed us with a red card that was never a red and we went on to lose the game 2-1. I can't really complain though the season on a whole was amazing, I only bought in a few loan players originally to add a bit of quality to the squad and the squad performed amazingly without any real stand out performers. I also had to sell my top striker to get our finances a bit more under control and thought that could be our downfall but his replacement performed just as well.

Squad: So as you can see my squads stats and ratings are nothing special, but they performed perfectly for the majority of the season, I'd give a shout out to Danny Perez with 12 assists and also to  Enzo Ruiz who was extremely consistent, sadly he wants to return to his home country so he will be sold now the season is over. I think going forward a lot of these players are likely to leave, I'm going to need to add a lot of quality to the squad if we're to give ourselves a chance of survival next season.

I'm starting to get some interest from some of the bigger teams in Chile after this season, I think for now though I'm going to stay where I am, I've finally sorted out the finances and I should be able to start my coaching badges at the beginning of next season, so I'm going to have one more year here to get some badges and hopefully keep them up before moving on.

Challenge Progress

Spoiler

CLUB CAREER
                                                        -----------

2019     Curico Unido          Chile       Primera Division B       10th             1st Rd               -                   -             Sacked after 17 games
2019  Deportes La Serena       Chile       Primera Division B       11th                -                 -                   -             Took over in 8th
2020  Deportes La Serena       Chile       Primera Division B        1st             3rd Rd               -                   -             Champions!

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                   --------------------

CHALLENGE PROGRESS
                                                    ------------------

Club

0/10  Top Domestic Leagues
 0/10  Top Domestic Cups
 0/5   Continentals Cups
 0/1   Club World Cup

International

0/2   World Tournaments

CAREER STATS
                                                     ------------

Curico Unido       - P 17 W 4  D 7   L 6  GF 24  GA 33  GD -9   WR 23%  Days in Charge: 214
Deportes La Serena - P 49 W 27 D 14  L 8  GF 77  GA 44  GD +33  WR 55%  Days in Charge: 458
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall            - P 66 W 31 D 21 L 14  GF 101 GA 77  GD +24  WR 46%  Days in Charge: 672

Edit: I lied.

725083443_Crowy_Inbox.thumb.png.80fd5c6f4f74ff50aea98da23a0862dd.png

There was a huge difference in stature and financial muscle so decided to move in the end.

Edited by Crowy

santacruz.png.5b7d8ae2af7692fcf1b881f81783f53c.png

Crispypaul
Chilean Primera B

League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - a bit of a surprise as we gradually became more and more dominant and ended up winning the league by 13 points.

Chilean Cup - Fixtures - made it to the 2nd round until eliminated by Primera side Universidad Catolica

Finances - these are a bit of mess mainly because we paid out bonuses yet received no prize money.....

Transfers - most signings were before I joined, and largely terrible so a bit of a clearout before having to cope with the top division

Best players:

Gonzalo Mosquera - one of our key areas was not to concede goals and the left back helped out with that

Gonzalo Lauler - the other Gonzalo contributed his part to central defence

Christopher Penroz - solid in central midfield

Danko Espinoza - great work down the right flank

Future - I have my Continental C badge and am working on Continental B - with a 35% reputation should be some scope to move to a top division side but I'll aim to stay at least until my contract expires at the end of 2021.

Domestic
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st             Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2020	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera B 	  1st				Promoted

International

Challenge Progress

Club
 1/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by Crispypaul

17 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

@Crowy - we won the Chilean Primera B at the same time! :D

Nice, looks like you've had a much better start to your save than I have with mine though! The team you're managing is actually a feeder club of O'Higgins which is who I'm managing now.

Good luck with the rest of the save.

Edited by Crowy

30 minutes ago, Crowy said:

Nice, looks like you've had a much better start to your save than I have with mine though! The team you're managing is actually a feeder club of O'Higgins which is who I'm managing now.

Good luck with the rest of the save.

O'Higgins got relegated in 2020 :D

Good luck to you too

• 2 weeks later...

Crispypaul
Chilean Primera Division

League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - considering we were favourites for relegation we performed very well (and were briefly top) but eventually lost on the league after a poor run of defeats at the end of the season

Chilean Cup - Fixtures - we made up for just about losing in the league to lift the cup for the first time.

Finances - much better, there is actual TV revenue in this division which more than kept the money going in the season

Transfers - needed a little more quality as well as depth so loans and free transfers helped with that.  We had four players in the team of the year.

Key players - 

Martin Lara - I had signed the defensive midfielder on loan part way through the previous season and he stepped up to the plate, winning young player of the year.

Felipe Rojas - another loanee from the previous season whom continued to perform superbly in the top division.

Christian Guttierrez - the left back, a free transfer was a complete threat down our strong left flank, along with -

Eduardo Navarette - attributes don't look much but he performed very well as a left winger

Jeribeth Carrasco - another part of our mean defence

Tony - the Brazilian had been playing in the lower leagues until joining us, and was a big upgrade on last season

Future - I am now up to a Continental B badge and studying for A, with a 45% rep....so have to think about signing a new contract or not.  

Domestic
2020	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B

International

Challenge Progress

Club
 2/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 

Bilderesultat for arsenal fc         Bilderesultat for france

Season 2023/2024 - Arsenal & France

Arsenal

After winning Ligue 1 with Angers, my reputation had taken a big step in the right direction. With no chance of winning the Champions League with that team, I had to move on. I was offered the Arsenal job, they were looking for a new manager after finishing in a dissapointing 5th place the year before. This gave us only the Europa League to fight for in Europe. Even though the Champions League is where you wanna be, this gave us a lot more easy opposition to deal with, giving us a change to rotate our starting 11 and focus mainly on the league. The squad was very talented when I took over with players like Adrien Rabiot, Moussa Dembele, Ryan Sessegnon, Christian Pavon and last but not least, Gelson Fernandes, possibly the best midfielder in the league. We brought in Luke Shaw and world class defender Antonio Rudiger to strengthen the team, as well as a young Dutch re-gen right winger named Jan Tol. 

We had a really good squad, and luckily found a tactic to match. We hit the ground running and never looked back. Winning the league with a total of 96 points, we only lost two games, coincidentally it was the last two games of the season. A bit of a sad way to end our campaign, if we had managed to avoid deafeats in those two games it would have given med two seasons straight without a league defeat (we went unbeaten with Angers). 

We also won the Europa League, beating Bayern Munich in the final. Unfortunately we lost the FA Cup final against Liverpool. Would have rather won that than the Europa League, considering it counts towards the challenge. Liverpool were too strong against us, a big shame considering I rested 11 players against them in a league game just 3 days before. Just one of those games when nothing clicks. 

Anyway, its been a great season, and im staying on for next season. Maybe I should have gone to another of the top leagues, but I feel this team is strong enough to win the Champions League. I have brought in a couple of players during the off season, and we should look even better the upcoming season. 

France - Euro 2024 

We went into the Euro's as big favorites. Unbeaten in the qualifiers, we lined up a team of absolutely world class players. Pogba, Mbappe, Varane, Laporte, Griezmann, Dembele, Martial... top, top class. And then we lost against England in the first group game... and we struggled to beat Denmark in the second game. Even though we won, we just never found our flow. But we grew stronger and stronger. We advanced from the group and stepped up our game. We beat Italy in the semi final, and then crushed Germany 5-0 in the final! A great satisfaction considering we looked absolutely hopeless against England (as well as in the friendlies leading up to the Euro's to be honest. 

I will certainly stay on as France manager. Confederations Cup coming up next year, and after that we will have a go at the World Cup. 

7.thumb.jpg.4c5f6f6c591150341d0815e5731f96bf.jpg8.thumb.jpg.f0113b082debea0b8399e1a6923272f6.jpg

2022    | Angers SCO        | France             | 4th    | None                        | None
2023    | Angers SCO        | France             | 1st    | Winners Coupe de la Ligue   | Qtr CL
2024    | Arsenal           | England            | 1st    | FA Cup runner-up            | Won Europa League              

INTERNATIONAL
2024    | France            | Euro 2024

CHALLENGE PROGRESS

Club

3/10  Top Domestic Leagues
2/10  Top Domestic Cups
0/5   Continentals Cups
0/1   Club World Cup

International

1/5   Continental Tournaments
0/2   World Tournaments

Norwegian Premier Division (Norway)
Norwegian Cup (Norway)
Ligue 1 (France)
Coupe de la Ligue (France)
Premier League (England)
Euro 2024 (France)

Crispypaul
Chilean Primera Division

League - Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 - so in the end I decided to stay for another season.  And what a season it was as we lifted the league title for the first ever time!  It was really in the latter half of the season when our form was such that the league title looked to be heading our way, and we ended up being 11 points clear.

Chilean Cup - Final - we retained the cup with a relatively comfortable run.

Copa Libertadores - Fixtures | Group - the 2nd qualifying round was an easy draw against Danubio of Uruguay.  We then got a harder task with Fluminense of Brazil.  We narrowly got past them 2-1 on aggregate before the groups where we faced Brazilian giants Santos, Barcelona of Ecuador and Universidad Saint Martin of Paraguay.  Obviously Santos were too much for us but the other teams relatively straightforward and we ended up 2nd.  We then were knocked out by Racing Club of Argentina.

Finances - decent enough, given our continental run

Transfers - felt we needed strengthening so I splashed some money this time around

Key players - 

Alejandro Beltramo - a free signing from last season after his release from Instituto of the Argentine 2nd division, the Argentine playmaker did well behind the striker

Christian Guttierrez - great again, also capped finally by Chile

Tomas Alarcon - signed from Colo Colo for £220k to reinforce the defence, solid at the back and from set pieces

Sebastian Romero - signed from Cobreloa for £210k, he could play either up front or down the right and it was there where he showed his skill.  Capped by Chile.

Pavao - the Brazilian right back was on a free from lower leaguue Brazilian side Central and had a great season

Future - I am now up to a Continental A and studying for a Pro licence.  Have therefore decided to resign for pastures new.

Domestic
2019     Home United             S-League	          1st          		   Cup, League Cup, AFC Cup winners, National B licence
2021	Deportes Santa Cruz	Chilean Primera  	  3rd				Cup Winners, Qualified for Copa Libertadores, Continental B
2022	Deportes Santa Cruz     Chilean Primera             1st				Cup Winners, Copa Libertadores Knockout, Continental A

International

Challenge Progress

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2022)	
 2/10 domestic cups (Singapore, Home United, 2019; Chile, Deportes Santa Cruz, 2021)

International
 0/2 world tournaments 
Edited by Crispypaul

And it didn't take long to get a new job - a new league again for me this time as I join Pumas of Mexico.

puma.jpg.06cd7dc8a30e205ec723aadc323ec226.jpg

Current position - 4th in the Apertura which is pretty good (and the knockouts still to play).  The club actually won the league in 2021 which makes me think they're supposed to play in the CONCACAF Champions League but I can't tell.

Squad - lots of player out or on loan, and too big so time for me to revise.

Diego Lopez - very good for this level.  Currently getting a lot of interest from Europe, hopefully I can convince him to stay although I have another option waiting in the wings....

Alvaro Villanueva - also a great striker, if Lopez goes he will be our first choice.

Augosto Batalla - at least we also have a strong keeper

Finances - no problems here

Facilities - somewhat of a step up from Chile

Edited by Crispypaul