The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Hiya guys, remember me, I am finally coming back to this, I don't have my save I had before so I am starting fresh. 

I will be doing season by season updates so will post in a bit what team I ended up getting my first job and try update every few days depending on working commitments.

Manager Profile.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham
Forgot screenshot

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my first job was a surprising one as I got offered the Indian Under 23's national job, I prompting accepted it, I won 3 and lost 1 game in the U23 Asian Cup group stage so far.

I didn't get offered a club job until October when Chelmsford come along and offered me the job, I accepted. that is as far as I have got for now but will update later.

Chelmsford.png

1200px-Bayer_04_Leverkusen_logo.svg.png

Season 2035/36

Bayer Leverkusen

Its good to be back.

After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to bid arrivederci to Turin and headed to Germany. Leverkusen had finished third last season, and the squad certainly looked like it had a solid enough base to think about competing for honours. Three players came in on free transfers before the season began in the shape of left back Eneias Pena, attacking central midfielder Rafael and left winger Jan Vodecky, the latter moving from Dortmund. Matteo Ierardi came in from Bayern for £12.25m to add some competition at centre back, and we were good to go.

It was clear from very early on that Bayern were, as expected, the main opposition domestically. For most of the season it was neck and neck, with both of us spending time topping the league. A run of four draws in six games just after the winter break looked like it was going to ruin any chance we had of winning the league, but a 3-0 drubbing of our title rivals brought us back into the race a little. What happened from then on was pretty spectacular, in the sense that Bayern did the least Bayern-like thing ever and utterly capitulated in the run in. 0-0 draws with Wolfsburg, Weder Bremen and an already-relegated Hamburg meant they had gone from title certainties to it being all to play for on the last day of the season, as three successive 1-0 wins had brought us level on points. However, their goal difference was 6 better than ours, so we needed Munchengladbach to do us a favour and stop Bayern winning, and hope we had enough to beat Hoffenheim. We held up our end of the bargain, with a 2-0 victory. We were all glued to the radio / internet (delete as applicable), to hear that Munchengladbach had beaten Bayern 2-0, handing us the title! Completely unexpected, but its always nice to get one over on Bayern!

The Champions League was a different story. I genuinely hate this competition, you know. I pretty much won it by accident the first time I completed this challenge, and it is already feeling like I'm going to need a huge stroke of luck somewhere along the line to win it this time around. We somehow got out of a tough group consisting of Spurs, Shakhtar and Ajax, finishing second on goal difference to Spurs. We met Benfica in the last 16, and an exciting tie ended with a 5-4 aggregate win for us, taking us into the quarter finals, and marking the furthest I've been in the competition on this save. And so we faced Bayern. Of all the teams, it had to be them. We lost the first leg 2-1 away, but our goal gave me faint hope going into the second leg that we could do this. We'd beaten them 3-0 at home in the league, and when we went 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go in the return leg, courtesy of an own goal, I started to think that maybe this was going to be my year. Alas, two Bayern goals in the last ten minutes, the winner coming in the 89th minute, knocked us out. Painful, but probably not undeserved over both legs.

In the FA Cup, we had a fairly easy run to the last four, beating Berlin-Kopenick Dammfeld, Darmstadt and Hertha Berlin in the process. Bayern had already been knocked out, giving us a real shot at winning the cup. We went 1-0 up, before Bremen smashed in two in five minutes. Antoni Mora, a signing in January, knocked in the equaliser with three minutes to go, to take us into extra time. Substitute Danny Burchert came to the rescue, a quick-fire double sending us into the final to play Dortmund. In the final, they took the lead, before it became the Antonio Cordoba show. My god he's good. A perfect hat trick ensued, with Burchert adding a fourth to seal a memorable double, and potentially end my time in Germany rather quicker than I expected!

The best two performers from this season were easily Antonio Cordoba, with 31 goals and 8 assists in 37 appearances. Had he not been injured for 8 weeks in the middle of the season, I think he might have got a minimum of 40 goals. Right winger Mohammed Al-Shammari was providing most of the chances for Cordoba, as he made 24 assists (as well as 6 goals). I don't think anyone else from this side would be anywhere near my ultimate challenge XI, but these two will certainly be in the conversation.

So what next? This team isn't going to win the Champions League, so I'll need to head to pastures new once again. I don't have an international job currently, which is frustrating me. Its a European Championships summer, so I'm hoping for new job opportunities at both club and international level.

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2018            Sligo Rovers    1st             League winners!

2019            Tianjin              1st             League winners!

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2021            Montreal         4th            League (MLS Cup) winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2023            Montreal          N/A          NACL winners!

2023            Palmeiras        9th           Brazilian Cup winners!

2024/25      Ajax                  1st            League winners!

2025/26     Unemployed

2026/27     Orlando Pirates  8th      Took over with 10 games to go.

2027/28     Orlando Pirates  4th      SA Knockout Cup winners!

2028/29     Orlando Pirates   2nd    SA FA Cup winners!

2029/30     Orlando Pirates   1st     League Winners! SA FA Cup winners!

2030          Orlando Pirates    1st     Champions League winners!

2031          Unemployed

2031/32    Stoke                      17th   Left after two months five points clear of the drop zone

2031/32    West Ham              9th     FA Cup winners!

2032/33    West Ham              5th     Europa League winners!

2033/34    West Ham              1st     League winners!

2034/35    Juventus                 1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

2035/36   Leverkusen             1st     League winners! FA Cup winners!

Country

2021           Ivory Coast         Qualified for the World Cup

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2023          Ivory Coast         African Cup of Nations winners!

2024          Unemployed

2025          USA                     Qualified for World Cup

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2027          USA                     North American Gold Cup winners!              

2028          USA                     World Cup qualification is going well

2029          USA                     Lost in Confederations Cup Semi Final (finished 4th)

2030         Unemployed

2031         South Korea       East Asia Cup winners!

2032         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2033         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2034         South Korea       Knocked out of the group stage of the World Cup

2035         South Korea      Asian Cup of Nations winners!

2036         Unemployed

Challenge Progress

Club

8/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen)

7/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham), Italy (Juventus), Germany (Leverkusen)

4/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact), African Champions League (Orlando Pirates), Europa League (West Ham)

0/1 club world championship -

International

3/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027), Asian Cup of Nations (South Korea 2035)

0/2 world tournaments -

I had a board takeover at Tamworth, and there was an embargo placed for the entire transfer window almost. With the new season approaching and me still not being able to get players, I finally resigned to take over at Astorga as they couldn't afford compensation.

I was given a target of avoiding relegation. I came 4th

Untitled.thumb.jpg.82218a5e3d0211282f1dee5f8e05ef61.jpg

I managed to get to the playoff finals against Elche, and just hours before the game, lost half my first team players since they were here on loan.

Playing with my kids, I was lucky to only lose 3-0

2033/34 – FC Internazionale

200px-FC_Internazionale_Milano_2014.svg.

Manager Profile – Friendlies&Cup – League 1 – League 2
Competitions – Player Stats – Transfers

I decided to give Internazionale one more season as there were no tempting club to jump to after the previous season. Could be interesting to give Champions League a go, and I wanted a cup win from Italy. Needless to say, playing continental tournaments gave us a lot more games to play. This resulted in much more injuries on key players, and I had games where I struggled to compose a good starting eleven. This didn't mean that that we couldn't compete to defend the league title, and what a fight it was this year. Closing in on the end of season there were 5-6 teams that could win it, and in the end we ended 2nd behind AS Roma. All in all a good season, but we probably should have won the league again… 

Cups are always interesting, as one bad moment can really ruin the whole tournament. I've never in my FM career seen more defensive mistakes leading to goals as I saw from my own team during the group stage of the Champions League. Really frustrated that we were unable to further, but at least we got to continue in the Europa League. There I got to the quarter final before Atletico Madrid got that one important goal in a tight match up. But we did manage to challenge for a cup trophy when we went all the way in the Italian Cup, after a great sequence of matches. 

Given that I've won everything that I need in Italy I decided not to extend my contract and resign at the end of the season. Hopefully I can land a top job in one of the other top European clubs for next season.

Edit: After World Cup 2034 I got offered the job at both Brazil and England (and Romania, but clearly I won't take that). Not sure which one to take as England is ranked higher of those two (5th at FIFA ranking), but Brazil is the best South-American team placed 10th. Also Copa America is played 2035, which gives me an earlier go at a international trophy than waiting for England to play the European Football Championship. New job secured, but not really sure where it is yet.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana
2029      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores
2030      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League
2032/33   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       1st        1st round                N/A               Italian league!
2033/34   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       2nd        1st                      Group stage       Italian cup! Qtr final of Europa League

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2021     Iraq          N/A                      N/A                
2022     New Zealand   N/A                      N/A                
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2027     Nigeria       1st                      N/A                Won the ACON
2030     Australia     N/A                      N/A                
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2032     Australia     N/A                      N/A
2033     Australia     N/A                      Group stage        Knocked out in group stage of Confederations Cup

Challenge Progress (10/33)
Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang Int., SIN; FC Internazionale, ITA;)
4/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA;)
2/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA;)
0/1 club world championship ()

International
2/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; )
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

Season     Team/Nation                Trohpy
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong League Cup
2018       Hong Kong Rangers          Hong Kong Sapling Cup
2018       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2019       Geylang International      Singaporean League Cup
2020       Geylang International      Singaporean League
2023       Mexico                     North American Gold Cup
2025       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Asian Champions League
2026       Shijiazhuang Yongchang     Chinese FA Super Cup
2026       Bahia                      Brazilian Bahia State Championship
2027       Nigeria                    African Cup of Nations
2029       SC Internacional           Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship
2030       SC Internacional           Brazilian Gaúcho State Championship
2030       SC Internacional           Copa Libertadores
2032       Girondins de Bordeaux      Coupe de la Ligue
2033       FC Internazionale          Serie A
2034       FC Internazionale          Italian Cup

Edited by Skogmus

So after my failed attempt with Chelmsford, getting sacked in the first season, then managing Portadown for 3 months before going to Gosport and then doing rubbish with Gosport, I decided to start again and now got the right job for me, it is with Kidderminster Harriers who are my hometown club and a great club for me to start my career with. I will update after first season.

Manager Profile.png

@Skogmus Welcome to the leader board.

@numero uno gunner Looks like a race to the finish between the two of us to be the first full fat completer this year. At least I've eliminated the 2 potential pitfalls of the club world championship and the confederations cup, but not the pitfall of just constantly having my dreams crushed in international management.

It's good see people getting close to the finishing line.

I'm still with Real Madrid playing a few games here and there so it's going a bit slower at the present time.  Into December so I'm hoping I'll get a good play session or two soon to finish off the season in Spain to check off another title off the list.

I'm also managing Italy currently ranked 2nd in the world with the European Championships coming at the end of the season so fingers crossed I can check that one off too.

2035 Copa América – Brazil

320px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png

After resigning at Internazionale I decided to go with Brazil over England, giving me a go at the Copa América already in 2035. Got no club job this season, so only focused on getting that Copa América checked off the list. Did not do much in the build-up between I took over the job and the cup started, and we only had 2 games from October to mid-June. This included a loss on penalties against Argentina in the 2034 Superclásico and a close 2-1 win against Chile 4 days before the Copa América started. Probably should have played more games to find a good tactic for the team, but that had to wait until the group stage.

Group stage:

Spoiler

Brazil 1-1 Colombia
Brazil 2-0 Bolivia
Brazil 5-1 Costa Rica B

Won the group as expected. Struggled against Colombia in a '4-3-3 DM Wide'-formation, but got a draw from it. Changed to play '4-2-3-1 Wide' for the next two games, and got the results I wanted.

Quarter final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Brazil 0-0 Ecuador

A bit tougher that we would've wanted it to be. Got a direct red card after 30 minutes, and had to play one man down for an hour. We probably should've scored given we controlled the whole game, but in the end we should be happy to hold a draw playing with 10 men. Won it on penalty shoot-out.

Semi final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Brazil 4-0 Costa Rica B

New match against Costa Rica B, and given how the first match went I felt pretty confident going into this. Rotated the starting-11 a bit to keep players fit for what I expected to be a final, and it worked out well. 3-0 up before halftime, and they finished off the game with 9 men after 2 red cards in the second half. Easily qualified for the final.

Final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Brazil 2-0 Argentina

We get revenge on the Superclásico loss from 2034 and controls the final. Go 1-0 up just before half time and finish it off with 2-0 5 min after HT. Only allows Argentina 1 shot on target, and we were never really threatened.

After tournament:

Spoiler

Good tournament overall. We do lack a bit quality in defence, but it was good enough here. Not sure if this is a team that I can take to World Cup and Confederations Cup, but unless something comes up I'll give it a go.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                        Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League      6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League            6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League            1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL
2024	  Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          3rd        4th round                Qtr. Final        Continental A-license, qualified for ACL
2025      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League          2nd        2nd                      1st               4th in CWC, won Chinese Super League Fair Play award
2026      Bahia                    Brazilian National 1st div.   N/A        5th round                N/A               Won the Bahia State, sacked after 4 league games
2027      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   15th       N/A                      N/A               Took over in 19th, barely avoided relegation
2028      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   11th       Qtr. final               N/A               Top half finish, 3rd round of Copa Sudamericana
2029      SC Internacional         Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        4th round                N/A               Semi final of Copa Sudamericana, Qualified for Copa Libertadores
2030      Internacional            Brazilian National 1st div.   2nd        5th round                1st               3rd in CWC
2031      New York City FC         Major League Soccer           N/A        N/A                      Qtr. Final        Resigned in March, 0 pts  in 3 league games. Things just did not work
2031/32   Girondins de Bordeaux    Ligue 1 Conforama             10th       1st/10th round           N/A               Knocked out of group stage of and qualified for next seasons Europa League
2032/33   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       1st        1st round                N/A               Italian league!
2033/34   FC Internazionale        Serie A                       2nd        1st                      Group stage       Italian cup! Qtr final of Europa League
2034/35   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2023     Mexico        1st                      N/A                Won the Gold Cup
2026     Nigeria       N/A                      N/A                Qualified for ACON
2031     Australia     2nd                      N/A                Lost final of Nations Cup on extra time
2033     Australia     N/A                      Group stage        Knocked out in group stage of Confederations Cup
2035     Brazil        1st                      N/A                Won Copa América

Challenge Progress (11/33)
Club
4/10 domestic cups (HK Rangers, HKG; Geylang Int., SIN; Gd Bordeaux, FRA; FC Internazionale, ITA;)
2/5 club continental championships (Shijiazhuang Yongchang, CHN; SC Internacional, BRA;)

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; Copa América, BRA; )
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

2035       Brazil                     Copa América

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS UPDATE

I managed to get promoted in my first season as a manager with Kidderminster Harriers, I managed to get promoted through the play offs. 

Mitchel Candlin a young striker I got on loan from Walsall banged the goals in with 42 goals in 51 appearances. He didn't want to come back to me on loan for my season back in Vanarama Conference but I replaced him with Shayne Lavery on a freebie from Everton.

I am happy at Kidderminster Harriers and want to try get them promoted to League 2 before I move on unless a good offer from a team comes along.

Vikeologist's 2033/4 Chelsea Season Report

See the source image

I’ve been turned down by Chelsea more than once in my various attempts at this challenge, so nice to finally get a chance to show them what they’ve been missing. Could I make it 6 league championships in a row for me?

League

No, I couldn’t.

We were tailing behind Manchesters Utd and City all season, but with 8 matches to go, we were all on the same number of points, with Chelsea having a massively superior goal difference. We won 4 and drew 4, and fell short by 4 points.

Cups

We went out of the Carabao Cup in the quarterfinals, but managed to win the FA Cup final against Man Utd, thus ensuring that they, and still-manager Jose Mourinho, ended the season empty-handed. Nice. Also important to get another domestic cup to reduce my shortfall in that regard.

Champions League

For the second season in a row, lost in the final, this time in extra time against my old club Juventus. If I hadn’t already won both the Champions League and World Club Championship, you’d all be either commiserating with or laughing at my misfortune. As it is, it doesn’t matter, but still super-annoying.

Top Goalscorer – Amauri – 37   As if often the case, ended up scoring the most because he was the striker who was injured the least.

Top Average Rating – Ruud Kosterer – 8.08 I think that’s a new season record for my challenge.

Man of the Match – Serkan Ozer – 11   

MVP –  Wojciech Malkowski  A central defender. Decided to show a bit of love to one of my non-strikers for a change. Promised him at the start of the season we’d win the Champions League, and we may well have done that had he not gone off injured. Luckily he’s given me another year to fulfil this promise, and hopefully that’s all I’ll need.

What’s Next?

Don’t tell Wojciech, but of course I don’t give a flying fish about the Champions League. I just want to make sure that we win the league next season so I can go to Spain and wrap up the league title part of these proceedings.

But of course, what’s really next is the World Cup with Italy. 

Domestic
Season	Team				Position	Notes										
17	Shanghai Shenxin (China)	9th		Took over with 5 matches left, and didn't win any of them. 
18	Shanghai Shenxin		2nd		Promoted
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
20	Hebei China Fortune		3rd		Won FA Cup									
21	Hebei China Fortune		1st		League, Cup, Champions League treble						
21/2	Ajax CT (South Africa)		5th		Took over with 8 matches left, missed out on Confed Cup qual by 1 point.
22/3	Ajax CT				1st		Won African Champions League. League, KO Cup and FA Cup quadruple. Unbeaten in league.
23/4(O)	Chivas (Mexico)			1st		Lost in League final. Won the Mexican Cup.
23/4(C)	Chivas				1st		League / NACL double.
24	Defensor Sporting (Uruguay)	2nd		Took over half way through season. Won Closing Stage and First Division Playoff. Lost Championship Playoff.
25	Defensor Sporting		1st		Won Opening and Closing Stages and Intermedio (cup). Unbeaten domestically. 
27/8	Bordeaux (France)		2nd		Won Coupe de la Ligue, French Cup and Europa League.
28/9	Bordeaux			1st		League and both domestic cups. Champions League Q/F
29/30	Juventus (Italy)		1st		Took over with 15 matches remaining. Made up 9 points to win league in last day of season title decider.
30	Flamengo (Brazil)		1st		Took over 9 matches into the season. League, Libertadores double. Lost CWC in extra time.
31/2	Red Bull Leipzig (Germany)	1st		League / Champions League final. Yet another cup final defeat.
32/3	Red Bull Leipzig		1st		Won Club World Cup 3-2 from 2-0 down at halftime. Finally won another domestic (German) cup.
33/4	Chelsea				3rd		Won FA Cup. Lost in Champions League final for second season in a row.

International
Year	Team				Achievements
18	China U23			Won Asian Games.
19	Norway				Left after 4 matches of Euro Qualifying.
19-20	Ghana				Left after 2 matches of African Cup Qualifying
20	Belgium				Sacked after leading the #1 team in the world to 1 draw and 3 defeats
21-22	Ivory Coast			Qualified for World Cup and reached second round, won CHAN.
22-23	Mexico				Won Gold Cup, reached Copa America semi with B team.
24-25	Ivory Coast			ACON semifinals
25-26	Ghana				Failed to progress past World Cup group stage
26-27	South Korea			Lost in Q/F of Asian Cup
27-29	Ghana				ACON quarter finals.
30-31	Argentina			Copa America Q/F
31-32	Colombia			Left them on top of WC Qualifying group
32-	Italy				Confederations Cup winners.

Challenge Progress 23/33

Club
 8/10 top domestic leagues 		(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Italy, Brazil, Germany)		
 7/10 domestic cups 			(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Germany, England)						
 5/5 club continental championships	(Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe) 	
 1/1 club world championship

International
 1/5 continental tournaments 		(N America)	
 1/2 world tournaments 			(Confederations Cup)

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS SEASON 2 UPDATE

My aim in season 2 was to stay in Vanarama Conference and I succeeded, but only just.

I struggled to find consistent form, I am hoping to do better next season and either get them promoted or get myself a mid table League 2 side job. 

My reputation is now 20% and also studying for my National B License. I think either way my 3rd season will be my last at Kidderminster Harriers as I need to spread my wings and advance in the challenge.

I feel like the best way to do this challenge is not to rush and build a small rep for a few seasons with one team.

I got offered interviews for mostly teams a league below me but 2 job interviews from Hartlepool and Salford who were higher up then me in the league intrigued me so I went for the interviews but were not offered the jobs.

Raul Correia a free transfer who was previously at Blackpool was my best signing so far as he managed 23 goals in 43 games for me.

I am looking forward to seeing where I go from here and will update you soon.

Kidderminster Harriers End Of Season 2.png

Kidderminster Harriers League Position Season 2.png

@Ronaldo BeckhamCongrats on promotion in your first season. I think what you do in the first job is very important. A big part of improving the reputation you speak of is making sure that your club allows you to do coaching qualifications, which means taking a long hard look at finances before one starts. There's quite a few times I see where people have started the challenge at the 'wrong' club, and I think to myself, well, that's not going to work out well. I tend to think that it's best to get the first job at the highest level club possible, but that can sometimes diving into a late season relegation battle.

I'd forgotten exactly how I started this challenge, (it seems so long ago) so I've just checked and I took over a club having a mare of a season, but in no danger of actual relegation with 5 matches to go, which was lucky, because I did lose all 5 of those matches.

Anyway, regardless, you do probably need to stay at a club for the first 2 or 3 seasons of the challenge, and if there's a compelling reason not to do that, (which there often is), you probably started at the wrong club. That said, most of the people currently doing the challenge only stayed at their first club for a season.

@Skogmus Congrats on the Copa America. Are you going to stay there (results allowing) until the next Confed? Should be a relatively low-danger / boring couple of years unless you mess up World Cup qualifying.

@blackdevil Good to know you're still around. I think you're the first person to be taken off the leader board because I thought you'd given up, and then reinstated. Sorry for being trigger happy.

@theonets Unlucky with the playoffs. Wonder if the scheduling loans problem was one season only, or you'll have it every season.

Edited by vikeologist

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

@theonets Unlucky with the playoffs. Wonder if the scheduling loans problem was one season only, or you'll have it every season.

Every season in B2 apparently. Had it this season too, but had a full team, so managed to get promotion, will post screenshots soon :)

Took a huge risk with the finances, I was well above the payroll with my target, like last season, being avoid relegation. Still, the club is now financially stable, and even if I stay, next season's prize money will be enough to be completely stable

I'm probably going to move clubs in the summer though, my rep is high enough to get a better team

Edited by theonets

@vikeologist no worries, hadn't noticed as I've not loaded the first page in a while.  The save is running a bit slower as it's grown a bit too big so only getting through a couple of games at a time before getting distracted by other things.  Hopefully it'll improve once I've finished europe and removed those leagues.  My plan is to head to Mexico once I've done europe and ultimately finish in Argentina...we'll see how that goes.

5 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@Skogmus Congrats on the Copa America. Are you going to stay there (results allowing) until the next Confed? Should be a relatively low-danger / boring couple of years unless you mess up World Cup qualifying.

Thanks. I'm staying with Brazil to give at least the Confederations Cup a go, and possibly the World Cup after that as well. If i were to leave it would have to be for some European nation to compete for the European Championship 2036, but I nothing came up. Having some minor issues in the qualifiers right now, but think the job is safe for now.

2035/36 – Schalke 04

240px-FC_Schalke_04_Logo.png

Manager Profile – Fixtures
Competitions – Player Stats

Time to get back into club management, and after being rejected by some top-level clubs I got the job at Schalke 04 in the beginning of 2036. This is a step down from my last club job at Internazionale, but I felt like I had to take what I could get. Had no demands from the board when it came to results, so I just tried to figure out how to best play with the players I had available. We did not get lucky on the results, but I think we deserved far more points than we could accumulate from these games. Probably lost 7-8 points to nonsense over the few games we played, which annoys me a little. Need to strengthen defensively for next season, and if my striker can use the summer to figure out where the goal is located we should be good to go.

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2034/35   N/A                      N/A                           N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2035/36   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    12th       Semi final               N/A               Took over 11th after 21 games

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2035     Brazil        1st                      N/A                Won Copa América
2036     Brazil        N/A                      N/A

Club

International
3/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; African Cup of Nations, NIG; Copa América, BRA; )
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

Edited by Skogmus

Vikeologist's 2034 Gli Azzuri World Cup Report 

Image result for italy football team

My 3rd World Cup campaign, but the previous 2 were with African sides in 2022 and 2026 that stood no chance of winning. This time it’s different. We are the best team in the world, and no competition excluding injuries, so I am fairly optimistic, but our Achilles Heel is penalty shootouts. I mean my record as Italy manager, including friendlies, is 21 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats, but all those ‘defeats’ were actually draws where we lost the subsequent penalty shootout; 2 against Spain and 1 against Argentina. We haven’t actually won a penalty shootout. In fact the last time Italy won one was 8 years ago, where they win 2 on their way to the first of the last 2 World Cups in a row. Hopefully we will do the Threepeat.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Italy    6-1     Japan

Italy    5-0     Colombia

Italy    2-1     Nigeria

I was worried that Brazil would finish second on their group and thus be our next opponents, but instead it’s Switzerland. Mind you, Switzerland have some good players, and every match now will be stressful.

2nd Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Italy    3-0     Switzerland

The first time I’ve played my first team in the tournament, and I didn’t feel we played especially well. Next up is Germany who I’ve already beaten 3 times as Italy manager, but I’m still terrified. I don’t think I’ve ever had an international team this much better than everybody else, but it just takes one bad result at this stage for it all to end.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Italy    p1-1   Germany

Despite their chain of defeats to us, Germany are still ranked 2nd in the world, and they’re just very good defensively. In a match with few chances they went a goal up with just 3 minutes remaining. We equalised in injury time.

Extra time was more of the same with almost no chances, so on to my nightmare of a penalty shootout.

Germany missed 3 of their 4 penalties, or to be more exact our national hero of a goalkeeper saved them. Having converted all 3 of ours, it was over very quickly, but that was a very stressful match.

So the curse is over. We have won on penalties.

Next is Holland. I need to take a breather.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Italy    1-2     Holland

Holland were much better than I expected. We had the lead, but Holland took their chances better.

3rd Place Playoff / Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Italy    4-3     Brazil

After The Tournament

Spoiler

Sacked. I really thought I had a shot at winning all 3 cups with Italy.

I’ve applied for the vacant Brazil, Argentina and Nigeria jobs, but it’s the Brazil job that I want. Argentina are really bad at the moment. I like to think that Iaid the foundations of their decline when I was their manager.

Argentina didn’t want me back anyway, so it was a choice between Brazil and Nigeria. I reckon I could have done something with Nigeria, but they look a bit weak defensively, and anyway, I want to try to win the Copa America with Brazil and then get my revenge at the next World cup in 4 years.

Spoiler

Domestic
Season    Team                Position    Notes                                        
17    Shanghai Shenxin (China)    9th        Took over with 5 matches left, and didn't win any of them. 
18    Shanghai Shenxin        2nd        Promoted
19    Shanghai Shenxin        9th    
20    Hebei China Fortune        3rd        Won FA Cup                                    
21    Hebei China Fortune        1st        League, Cup, Champions League treble                        
21/2    Ajax CT (South Africa)        5th        Took over with 8 matches left, missed out on Confed Cup qual by 1 point.
22/3    Ajax CT                1st        Won African Champions League. League, KO Cup and FA Cup quadruple. Unbeaten in league.
23/4(O)    Chivas (Mexico)            1st        Lost in League final. Won the Mexican Cup.
23/4(C)    Chivas                1st        League / NACL double.
24    Defensor Sporting (Uruguay)    2nd        Took over half way through season. Won Closing Stage and First Division Playoff. Lost Championship Playoff.
25    Defensor Sporting        1st        Won Opening and Closing Stages and Intermedio (cup). Unbeaten domestically. 
27/8    Bordeaux (France)        2nd        Won Coupe de la Ligue, French Cup and Europa League.
28/9    Bordeaux            1st        League and both domestic cups. Champions League Q/F
29/30    Juventus (Italy)        1st        Took over with 15 matches remaining. Made up 9 points to win league in last day of season title decider.
30    Flamengo (Brazil)        1st        Took over 9 matches into the season. League, Libertadores double. Lost CWC in extra time.
31/2    Red Bull Leipzig (Germany)    1st        League / Champions League final. Yet another cup final defeat.
32/3    Red Bull Leipzig        1st        Won Club World Cup 3-2 from 2-0 down at halftime. Finally won another domestic (German) cup.
33/4    Chelsea                3rd        Won FA Cup. Lost in Champions League final for second season in a row.

International
Year    Team                Achievements
18    China U23            Won Asian Games.
19    Norway                Left after 4 matches of Euro Qualifying.
19-20    Ghana                Left after 2 matches of African Cup Qualifying
20    Belgium                Sacked after leading the #1 team in the world to 1 draw and 3 defeats
21-22    Ivory Coast            Qualified for World Cup and reached second round, won CHAN.
22-23    Mexico                Won Gold Cup, reached Copa America semi with B team.
24-25    Ivory Coast            ACON semifinals
25-26    Ghana                Failed to progress past World Cup group stage
26-27    South Korea            Lost in Q/F of Asian Cup
27-29    Ghana                ACON quarter finals.
30-31    Argentina            Copa America Q/F
31-32    Colombia            Left them on top of WC Qualifying group
32-34    Italy                Confederations Cup winners. Lost in World Cup S/F and sacked.
34-    Brazil

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS SEASON 3 UPDATE

A not very good season with Harriers.  I started the season reasonably well and got as high as 7th in the league, but a terrible end of season had me end up as low as 16th in the league. I was so disappointed. 

I also tried but failed to get another job at a better rep club, I had a lot of interviews and I was even favorite for the Lincoln job but they gave it to someone else in the end.

My plan is to just stay at Kidderminster until a better job comes along. I am hoping to leave Kidderminster next season and if I don't I will resign.

Fixtures.png

Kidderminster Season 2.png

Manager Profile.png

Small Update

I went for the Shrewsbury job who just got promoted to the Championship through the League One play offs. I was favorite for the job even before I applied and was 3/5 odds on favorite after my interview but yet they gave it to someone else. So annoying. I really wanted the Shrewsbury job as well for the obvious step up in leagues but also cos Shrewsbury was the place my daughter was born so it holds a sentimental place to me.

Also Kidderminster Harriers are over 3m in the red and have gone into administration.  I also got given a 10 points deduction before the season has even started. I don't know whether to resign or stay and try my best until I get another job.

From everyone's experiences on here is it better to stay at a club even if you struggle or resign ?

Small Update

First of all sorry for all of the posts with small updates. 

So I finally got a job offer and it is from a team I have had fond memories of thanks to the legend that is Ian Holloway. I am the new manager of Blackpool, they are currently bottom of league 2 but it is still a step up the ladder.

Funny you say that @pug 407 as Kidderminster Harriers were happy to waive my compensation when Blackpool came for me. I have enjoyed my time at Kidderminster Harriers and managed to get them out of the relegation zone before I left.

Onwards and upwards. I will do a end of season update with Blackpool either tonight or tomorrow.

Blackpool League Position.png

Blackpool.png

Real Madrid
La Liga
2031/2032

After leaving Bayern Munich my next port of call was the Spanish capital and Real Madrid.  They've only won one league title in 8 years and haven't won the Champions League in 15 and in conjunction with the poor finances it's safe to say they're in a bad state.  Despite not being in a good state overall they've got some decent players so optimism was high going into the new season.
I don't recall the early part of the season given how long it's taken me to play it, but Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla were 3 of my opening 4 league games which we won conceding only 1 (against Seville) and scoring 13.  That set the tone and momentum that saw us clinch the league title by the end of April with 4 league games to go and 23 points clear of Barcelona at the end.  We finished the season on 99 points with 31 wins, 6 draws, 1 defeat and scored 107 goals and conceded 24.
The Spanish Cup we comfortably disposed of Lugo, Athelic Bilbao, Malaga and Atletico Madrid to setup a tie with reigning league and cup holders Barcelona.  The final played at the Mestalla in Valencia saw us overcome our arch rivals 2-1 in a fairly even game.
The Champions League groups saw us drawn with Dinamo Bucuresti, Bayern Munich and Lyon.  Two of my former teams making for some interesting encounters.  We cruised through the group with a 100% record with out toughest opponents being Lyon who were the only team to score against us in 2-1 wins in both ties.  The first knockout round saw us travel to New White Heart Lane to face Tottenham where we struggled to 3-2 defeat.  In the return leg we managed to overturn the defecit with a 2-0 win and looked a lot more comfortable thanks to players returning from injury.  The quarter final presented us with a trip to Milan to face Inter in an entertaining 4-2 win which was a bit more open than I'd have liked.  The return tie in Madrid saw us shut the door and barricaded the goal with a bus and smash them 6-0 in what has to be the performance of the season.  It was the complete display with Inter barely getting a sniff of our goal and clinic finishing at the other end.  In the semi final we faced the team that knocked me out of the Champions League last season in Monaco and I thought they'd do it again when they were 2-0 up after 30mins but we managed to pull one back just before half time.  They extended their lead on the hour mark before we scored two quick goals on the 67th + 70th min to bring us level only for them to score 4 mins into injury time to give us a 4-3 defeat.  The home leg was thankfully much better as we raced into a 3-0 lead in 22 mins and although they pulled one back before half time we never looked in any danger of throwing our advantage away and secured a final tie against...Lyon, the team I'd last won the Champions League with.  Thankfully the final was more comfortable (although not easy) than our group games as we scored early from the penalty spot and then wrapped it up late on for a 2-0 win to secure my 2nd European Champions League and Real Madrid's first in 15 years.

After resigning from Real Madrid I declared my interest in the AC Milan job as Pep Guardiola is in a "Precarious" position and they finished 6th in the league.  The following day the Barcelona manager resigned and I was "linked" with their vacant post...which if I wasn't wanting to move to Italy or England then I'd consider.  But it does give Guardiola a possible out of Milan...we'll see what happens.

Internationally we qualified for the European Championships with ease and I'm looking forward with optimism for the upcoming tournament.

Challenge Progress:

Club
7/10 top domestic leagues (CHI, BRA, RSA, USA, FRA, GER, ESP)
6/10 domestic cups (CHI, BRA, RSA, FRA, GER, ESP)
5/5 club continental championships (ACL-Wuhan 2020, LIB-Sao Paulo 2022, CAFCL-Ajax CT 2025, NACL-New York RB 2027, UCL-Lyon 2029, UCL-Real Madrid 2032)
1/1 club world championship (Sao Paulo 2022)

International
2/5 continental tournaments (MAR 2023, KOR 2027)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
							Leagues		Cups
Season	NAT	Club			Division	1st	2nd	1st	2nd		Cont.		CWC	Other & Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017	CHI	Wuhan			CNFD		5th								Joined in 9th place after 13 games and out of cups
2018	CHI	Whuan			CNFD		1st		Qtr						Promoted as champions
2019	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st		Win						League & Cup double.
2020	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st		Win			Win			Trebble Winners (+domestic super cup)
2021	BRA	Sao Paulo		Serie A		3rd		Qtr						Joined in 17th after 11 games.
2022	BRA	Sao Paulo		Serie A		1st		Win			Win		Win	Quadruple
2022/23	RSA	Ajax CT			RSA PL		7th		n/a	Win					Nedbank Cup win
2023/24	RSA	Ajax CT			RSA PL		1st		2rnd	Final					League Champions
2024/25	RSA	Ajax CT			RSA PL		1st		Semi	Win		Win			CAF Confederation Cup, League Champions, MTN 8 Cup, Telkom Knockout Cup, CAF Super Cup
2025/26	RSA	Ajax CT			RSA PL		1st*					Win			CAF Champions League, *resigned after 7 league games in 1st place and a game in hand.
2026	USA	New York RB		MLS		1st								MLS Cup & MLS Supporters Shield winners
2027	USA	New York RB		MLS		12th					Win			NACL
2027/28	FRA	Olympique Lyonnais	L1		3rd		10rnd	Semi
2028/29	FRA	Olympique Lyonnais	L1		2nd		Semi	Win		Win			UEFA CL & League Cup winners
2029/30	FRA	Olympique Lyonnais	L1		1st		Win					Win	League & FA Cup & Club World Cup
2030/31	GER	Bayern Munich		BL		1st		Win						League & Cup double
2031/32	ESP	Real Madrid		L1		1st		Win			Win			League, Cup & ECL treble

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
			Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes
2020	Serbia		21st
2021	Serbia		33rd					Failed to Qualify for World Cup
2022	Morocco		15th					Won African Nations Championship
2023	Morocco		18th					Won African Cup of Nations
2025	South Korea	50th					Won East Asia Cup
2026	South Korea	44th					3rd in World Cup group
2027	South Korea	31st			Win		Won the Asian Cup
2030/31	Italy		2nd					Semi-final of Nations League and some friendlies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackpool Season 1 Update

So I managed to keep Blackpool in League 2 which was my aim as soon as I took over, it was hard to get any consistency but finally got a 4-4-2 tactic working to my liking and managed to get enough wins to stay up but only just.

My aim next season is to get my rep up again and try get a better rep job, Coventry job come available and I was favorite for it but again they gave it to someone else.

Blackpool Season 1.png

Italy

European Championships 2032

The European Championshionship started off with my second defeat as Italy manager loosing 1-0 to Sweden and the pre-tournament optimism changing to apprehension.  We recovered well beating Hungary 2-0 and Turkey 1-0 with late goals in both games to progess in 2nd place.  

In the second round we faced Belgiun and again required a late goal to snatch a 2-1 win.  Spain awaited us in the quarter final and it took until extra time for the breakthrough to come with veteran Moise Kean grabbing the only goal of the game.  The semi final saw us once again face Turkey in a much more comfortable game where we cruised to a 3-0 win to set up a final against England.  

The final was an epic for the neutral and stressful for the manager.  We went 2-0 up by the 35th min and looked comfortable until England pulled one back just before the break.  England pressed and pressed throughout the second half and finally got the equaliser on the 84th min.  Two minuetes later we were 3-2 up only for England to equal a minute later and at 3-3 it seemed were heading into extra time when in the 94th minute one of my Real Madrid players snatched the win for Italy.

image.thumb.png.492e9a49820200a9be12643dfc64e0e3.png

image.png.2aa27e75c3ba140a89e8c9d605c16f2a.png

Challenge Progress:

Club
7/10 top domestic leagues (CHI, BRA, RSA, USA, FRA, GER, ESP)
6/10 domestic cups (CHI, BRA, RSA, FRA, GER, ESP)
5/5 club continental championships (ACL-Wuhan 2020, LIB-Sao Paulo 2022, CAFCL-Ajax CT 2025, NACL-New York RB 2027, UCL-Lyon 2029, UCL-Real Madrid 2032)

International
3/5 continental tournaments (MAR 2023, KOR 2027, ITA 2032)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
							Leagues		Cups
2017	CHI	Wuhan			CNFD		5th								Joined in 9th place after 13 games and out of cups
2024/25	RSA	Ajax CT			RSA PL		1st		Semi	Win		Win			CAF Confederation Cup, League Champions, MTN 8 Cup, Telkom Knockout Cup, CAF Super Cup
2025/26	RSA	Ajax CT			RSA PL		1st*					Win			CAF Champions League, *resigned after 7 league games in 1st place and a game in hand.
2028/29	FRA	Olympique Lyonnais	L1		2nd		Semi	Win		Win			UEFA CL & League Cup winners
2029/30	FRA	Olympique Lyonnais	L1		1st		Win					Win	League & FA Cup & Club World Cup

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
			Rank		Cups
2020	Serbia		21st
2023	Morocco		18th			Win		Won African Cup of Nations
2031/32	Italy		1st			Win		Won European Championships

Edited by blackdevil

BLACKPOOL SEASON 2 UPDATE

I enjoyed a successful period with Blackpool topping the league early on in the season and staying there until I left in January. I left cos I got offered a job with Sheff Weds who are currently 14th in the league in January and only 10 points behind 6th place Cardiff so I still got a chance of getting promoted to the Prem.

I had my reputation boosted to 35% and also finally studying for my National A License.

I am hoping to replicate my success with Blackpool with Sheff Weds.

I know the format of my posts is probably not the way some like it but until I get a Prem job I don't see the point in posting my history at clubs especially when I aint won anything but I will do all of that once I get my first league title.

Blackpool End Of Season 2.png

Sheff Weds League Table.png

Sheff Weds.png

@Ronaldo Beckham Good progress. Any format for your posts is fine. I mean, once people have over 10 trophies and are on the leader board, I like to be able to see easily what total they're on.

@blackdevil Well, the race to the end is getting interesting now; not that it's really a race. Unless I end up winning it, of course. Me on 23, N1G and yourself on 22.

Edited by vikeologist

@vikeologist As with most sports it's the competitive nature that adds to the fun if it's done in a respectful manner...which is a bit different from my manager as I've somehow riled up the Turkish manager like I've never done before as we've drawn them in the Nations League so faced them 5 times this calendar year.  I'm hoping you complete the challenge as with your ups and downs it's made for a good story and would be good to see you overcome the disappointments to stand triumphant as an "ultimate manager" :)

I think I've made a bad choice in my game as I'm still without a club in October following my departure from Real Madrid.  Guardiola at AC Milan has turned his situation around and there aren't any other jobs available in Italy's Serie A.  I was offered an interview with Barcelona but I turned that down as I was removing the Spanish league to aid the game speed.  Then I was offered an interview with Liverpool but as a Man Utd fan I turned that down.  I probably should have given that a go really.  Mournho at 69 is still the Man Utd manager but his contract is up at the end of the season and I'm hoping he'll retire and appoint me...would prefer to have knocked the Italian league and cup off the list by then but seems I might have to do England before Italy.

Edited by blackdevil

2036/37 – Schalke 04

240px-FC_Schalke_04_Logo.png

Manager Profile – Fixtures 1 – Fixtures 2
Competitions – Player Stats – Transfers

This season we do better, but we are still far away from the best teams. 6th in the league is probably the best we could hope for right now, as we just don't score enough goals. Had to look at the statistics and we are placed 5th on both goals conceded and clean sheets. Also we are enjoying more possession than any other team, passing more than any other team and are among the best on pass completion. Turns out we just don't know how to create chances when in possession, and when the chances arise we lack the ability to put the ball into the net. If I'm going to have a shot at a better season next year I definitely need a couple of attacking players that can get me more goals. Only scoring half the goals that Bayern does is never going to get us anywhere… 

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2035/36   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    12th       Semi final               N/A               Took over 11th after 21 games
2036/37   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    6th        3rd round                N/A               Qualified for Europa League

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT

Club

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

I finally got my grubby mits on the AC Milan job on the 31st of Dec 2032.  I was negotiating with Lazio for their vacant post when I noticed Guardiola's job had become "insecure" again so I declared interest in the Milan job and four days later he was sacked.  I join half way through the league season with 19 games played in 5th position and just 7 points behind the leaders Roma.  And with us still in the Italian Cup I'm hopeful of a nice short successful stay.

Edited by blackdevil

2037 Confederations Cup – Brazil

320px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png

We go into the Confederations Cup in really bad form, with 3 losses in a row and placed 3rd in the South America WC Qualifier. The board expects us to reach the final, which should be doable given we got an easy group. After that it's just two games it comes down to, and everything can happen in a cup. This is most likely make or break for me as my job is starting to get insecure…

Group stage:

Spoiler

Brazil 2-0 South Korea
Brazil 2-3 Portugal
Brazil 2-1 Canada

Placed second behind Portugal and comfortably through. Probably should have drawn against Portugal, but would end up behind them anyways…

Semi final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Brazil 1-2 Mexico

We didn't play on our best this game, and lost it. Hoped to get revenge as we lost to them just before the cup started, but in the end we see Mexico to the final.

Final // 3rd place playoff  (if applicable):

Spoiler

Brazil 2-0 France

Need to turn things around, and we get a win. Again a close game, but this time we can go out as winners.

After tournament:

Spoiler

Tournament didn't go as hoped, but I don't think Brazil is better than this. Finish 3rd in competition with some of the highest rated teams is decent, but I would've liked to at least play the final. Got sacked after the cup and wont get to play the World Cup with Brazil next year…

CLUB MANAGEMENT
2036/37   FC Schalke 04            Bundesliga                    6th        3rd round                N/A               Qualified for Europa League

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2037     Brazil        N/A                      3rd                Sacked after the Confederations Cup

Club

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Trophies:

Spoiler

SHEFF WEDNESDAY SEASON 1 UPDATE

I managed to get automatic promotion with Sheff Weds, I finished 2nd in the league. so in one season I managed to go from League 2 to Prem lol.

Blackpool also got promoted as champions of League 2 so that was nice.  Sadly Kidderminster Harriers got relegated from Vanarama Conference, I hope they bounce back. 

My aim is to get a top 4 Prem team, if not I will try get Sheff Weds as high as possible, I am hoping in the next season or 2 to win my first title and cup.

Blackpool League Table.png

Sheff Weds End Of Season.png

Sheff Weds Promotion.png

See the source image

Vikeologist's 2034/5 Chelsea Season Report

All I needed was the league, but having lost in the final of the Champions League the last 2 seasons, I wouldn’t have minded that trophy making its way back to its rightful owner.

League – A cakewalk. We were very good, everybody else was rubbish. We won by a full 15 points.

Cups – Once again faced Man Utd in the FA Cup Final, but this time with the added incentive that his Jose’s was in danger and he’d probably be sacked if we ensured a second consecutive year without silverware, I have nothing against him IRL, but in this save, he’s been extremely vocal in his dislike of me, so it would be good to admit the coup de grace to his 19 year reign, and hopefully that’s exactly what we did with a comfortable 3-0 win.

Champions League – Made it to the final with no problems. Actually we destroyed everybody along the way, and then beat Real Madrid 4-1 in the final in a match that was tougher than the score suggests.

What’s Next?

Ideally it would be Spain, but I’ve applied to the Porto job and expressed an interest in Benfica (who have players that would better fit my tactics, I think).

I’ve also got the Copa America coming up with Brazil, and on a related subject.

Top Goalscorer – Amauri – 43   

Top Average Rating – Amauri – 7.96

Man of the Match – Amauri – 15 

MVP –  Amauri  will be in my Brazil squad for the Copa.

Domestic
17	Shanghai Shenxin (China)	9th		Took over with 5 matches left, and didn't win any of them. 
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
21/2	Ajax CT (South Africa)		5th		Took over with 8 matches left, missed out on Confed Cup qual by 1 point.
22/3	Ajax CT				1st		Won African Champions League. League, KO Cup and FA Cup quadruple. Unbeaten in league.
24	Defensor Sporting (Uruguay)	2nd		Took over half way through season. Won Closing Stage and First Division Playoff. Lost Championship Playoff.
25	Defensor Sporting		1st		Won Opening and Closing Stages and Intermedio (cup). Unbeaten domestically. 
27/8	Bordeaux (France)		2nd		Won Coupe de la Ligue, French Cup and Europa League.
29/30	Juventus (Italy)		1st		Took over with 15 matches remaining. Made up 9 points to win league in last day of season title decider.
30	Flamengo (Brazil)		1st		Took over 9 matches into the season. League, Libertadores double. Lost CWC in extra time.
31/2	Red Bull Leipzig (Germany)	1st		League / Champions League final. Yet another cup final defeat.
32/3	Red Bull Leipzig		1st		Won Club World Cup 3-2 from 2-0 down at halftime. Finally won another domestic (German) cup.
33/4	Chelsea				3rd		Won FA Cup. Lost in Champions League final for second season in a row.
34/5	Chelsea				1st		League, FA Cup and Champions League treble.

International
20	Belgium				Sacked after leading the #1 team in the world to 1 draw and 3 defeats
32-34	Italy				Confederations Cup winners. Lost in World Cup S/F and sacked.
34-	Brazil

Challenge Progress 24/33

Club
 9/10 top domestic leagues 		(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Italy, Brazil, Germany, England)		
 7/10 domestic cups 			(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Germany, England)						
 5/5 club continental championships	(Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe) 	

International
 1/5 continental tournaments 		(N America)	

Edited by vikeologist

I've never tried this challenge but I'm considering it. I hope this isn't a stupid question but I'm intrigued as to how people manage to seemingly  change teams very easily and especially international teams. Whenever I look in the look in the job centre there seem to be very few international jobs available. Or am I just missing something obvious? Is it how you set up the playable leagues.

@Hovis Dexter From what I've noticed there's usually an African team available fairly early on which can help build your reputation if you can win the ACON.  Once you've built up your reputation then getting another international job is quite easy as there's usually a few vacancies after each major tournament.  Once you're at the top end of the reputation scale most teams domestic/international jump at the chance for you to be manager.

Edited by blackdevil

So my second and probably last season at Astorga

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f8353b046b647b3416b1dfd6fd33a774.jpg

Top of the league, and promoted this time through the playoffs

Untitled.thumb.png.e0cba7cea044ae7bfdd0948b484881a4.png

So far:

2017: Tamworth, Vanarama National League North, 1st

2018: Astorga, Spanish Second Division B2, 4th, lost in playoff final

2019: Astorga, Spanish Second Division B2, 1st, promoted

Edited by theonets

Vikeologist's 2035 Brazil Copa America Report 

Image result for brazil hubris

I’ve only had one competitive match as Brazil manager, but that was a 7-0 Superclasico demolition of Argentina. Brazil are the only American nation ranked anywhere near the top 20. I know one should never take any international tournament for granted, but I am still smarting from last year’s World Cup, along with all my previous international humiliations, and just want to smash everybody.

Group Stage

Spoiler

Brazil 3-0     Bolivia

Brazil  3-0     Mexico B

Brazil  2-0     Chile

Got to be honest, I was expecting to win all these matches a lot more comfortably. I’m concerned.

Still, next up is what should be an easy match against Peru.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil  4-0     Peru

Next is Ecuador. Good to avoid Argentina and Colombia, just in case.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil  4-1     Ecuador

But we’re going to face by far our most difficult opponent in the final; my old team, Colombia.

3rd Place Playoff / Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Brazil  4-1     Colombia

After The Tournament

Spoiler

It’s a relief more than anything. I figured there was never going to be an easier tournament to win than this; easier even than your typical Gold Cup, but when we went 1-0 down in the 5th minute, I feared the worst. Luckily for my stress level we equalised a minute later, and had compiled our 4-1 lead by half time.

The question was, do I stay another 3 years to try to win the World Cup with Brazil. They didn’t look good enough here. The alternative would have been to take an African job after the ACON that finished shortly afterwards.

On the other hand, in 3 years, the Brazil side could be a lot better and I could spend the next 3 years safely developing the young players.

Anyway, during the tournament, the Barcelona job became vacant, when their manager moved to my recently vacated Chelsea position, so the focus now is to wrap up my last mandatory league title, and hope to God I win the cup as well. I have the Portuguese and Scottish leagues loaded, and I plan to pick up the final 2 cups there, partly because those 2 nations have 2 domestic cup bites at the cherry. Ideally, I can finish the domestic side in 3 straight seasons before the next World Cup. I’ve used all of my 3 foreign player spaces on Brazilians; one already in the senior squad, and 2 youngsters on loan to develop them. Trouble is that Real Madrid are really good.

Spoiler

Domestic
19	Shanghai Shenxin		9th	
33/4	Chelsea	(England)		3rd		Won FA Cup. Lost in Champions League final for second season in a row.
34/5	Chelsea				1st		League, FA Cup and Champions League treble.
35/6	Barcelona (Spain)

International
32-34	Italy				Confederations Cup winners. Lost in World Cup S/F and sacked.
34-	Brazil				2035 Copa America

Challenge Progress 25/33

Club
 9/10 top domestic leagues 		(China, S Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France, Italy, Brazil, Germany, England)		

International
 2/5 continental tournaments 		(N America, S America)	

2017/18
Tamworth F.C.

tamworth.png.c672880b2aad7cb891d4f461b9a18112.png

Hello everyone!  Just a quick update this time, as this was my first season, and I switched computers with my wife and most of my screenshots were deleted! 

I started the save, and Tamworth was one of the jobs immediately available.  I was hired in July 3rd, 2017, and given a brief to reach mid-table.

We had a great start to the season, and I was playing mostly 4-1-2-3DM Wide, but it started to not be effective, and we wound up switching to a 4-2-4 Wide to finish the year.  I was in 5th place, in a Playoff spot, when clubs started to sniff around me and my performance.  I had clubs such as Crewe Alexandra and Accrington Stanley sniffing around, but I wound up accepting a job from Stevenage in League Two, and was allowed to come in the summer, to finish my season with Tamworth.

We were able to get into the Playoffs on the final day of the season, finishing in 7th place on goal differential.  I think the lads were a little disappointed that I was leaving, and it seemed to affect their performance, but we were able to get a vital final day win, 2-1 away at Gainsborough, to sneak into that final playoff spot by a difference of two goals!

We were certainly outmatched entering the Playoff, and lost on penalties after a 2-2 result with Kidderminster.  We'll now be moving up to League Two with Stevenage F.C. who @Vikeologist knows that for me, Stevenage is one of my classic clubs from this challenge in the past, haven taken them from League Two to the Premier League and Champions League in the past.

I was able to secure my first two badges, and have also begun work on my National A License, so we're in good shape personally after the first season.  Here is my screenshot in preseason with Stevenage F.C. to start Season Two: https://imgur.com/FbVtFsB

EDIT: Wanted to send a thanks to @Skogmus - I copied the start of your "code" for my "Scoreboard."  Thank you!

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season            Team                     League                        Position          Domestic Cups            Continental Cup           Notes
2017/18        Tamworth F.C.       Vanarama North            7th (P)
Edited by jaysdailydose

SHEFF WEDS END OF SEASON UPDATE

I managed to keep Sheff Weds in the Prem in my first season, I ended up 13th in the Prem, I nearly got the Spurs job but I accidentally clicked on using set pieces in the job interview and that was the reason they didn't hire me lol.

My reputation is currently 65% and I am studying for Continental A License so things are on the right track. I just need that big club job to get me going. 

I did get to the FA Cup final with Sheff Weds but lost to Man City in the final.

Sheff Weds End Of Season 2.png

AC Milan
Serie A
2032/2033

After leaving Bayern Munich in the summer of 2031 my preferred club was the vacant AC Milan post as they'd been dominating the Italian league having won 5 of the last seven league titles.  Unfortunately for me and Milan they dicided to take a punt on Guardiola and they finished the 2031/2032 season in 6th place and Guardiola's position was precarious.  Despite my attempts to tempt the Milan board to consider me to restore them to dominance they decided to back Guardiola with a £95.75m summer spending spree.  However as the winter break approached they were strugging to gain any momentum in 5th place and Guardiola's position was insecure and shortly after I declared my interest in the job he was shown the door.  I join on the 31st of Dec 2032 half way through the league season with 19 games played in 5th position and just 7 points behind the leaders Roma and still in the Italian cup.
The first game of my reign was an away trip to Cremonese who were in the lower half of the table and after going a goal down in 5mins we responded to win 4-1 and hit the ground running.  Whilst we esablished a consistant run of form Roma seemed to have trouble beating the teams at the lower end of the table resulting in a draw here and there.  And fortunately when we dropped points they did likelwise.  By the time we met Roma in the league we were 3 points ahead with 3 games left to play and thankfully it was the most boring game of the season with barely any highlights of note and it's been a long time since I was happy with a goaless draw.  The title wasn't clinched until the final day although by that point they'd have had to have won by 6 goals with us loosing by 5 for them to have a chance.  Thankfully the team kept their composure to win the title in style with a 5-0 thrashing of Torino.
The Italian Cup was fairly straightforward until the semi-final where we faced Roma, a 1-1 draw at home in the first leg gave them the slight advantage.  The second leg saw us win 2-1 in our only victory over Roma this season in four meetings, all the others were draws.  The final against Juventus was a comfortable 2-1 win with their goal coming late on.
Milan had qualified from the Europa League group stage in 1st place and my first tie was in the first knockout round against Anderlecht, 3-0 & 2-0 wins by our second string side saw us through comfortably.  Our second string again did the business against Southampton with a 2-2 draw at home and a 2-1 win away to set up a quarter-final tie against BMG.  A 2-1 win away followed by a 1-0 win at home saw us through to face Liverpool in the semi-final.  Liverpool inflicted our only defeat of the season under my leadership at Anfield with a 1-0 win.  In the home tie we managed to turn it around with an emphatic 3-1 win.  An entertaining final against Benfica saw us score three goals to Benfica's two and add this extra tin cup to my collection.

I have the Confederations Cup approaching with Italy so will hopefully have update with that soon.

Challenge Progress:

Club
8/10 top domestic leagues (CHI, BRA, RSA, USA, FRA, GER, ESP, ITA)
7/10 domestic cups (CHI, BRA, RSA, FRA, GER, ESP, ITA)

International
3/5 continental tournaments (MAR 2023, KOR 2027, ITA 2032)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
							Leagues		Cups
2032/33	ITA	AC Milan		SA		1st		Win			Win			League, Cup & EL trebble

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
			Rank		Cups
2020	Serbia		21st
2023	Morocco		18th			Win		Won African Cup of Nations
2031/32	Italy		1st			Win		Won European Championships

Short update from me as I'm soon done with season 2037/38:

Season at Schalke started poorly and got no better as time went. I want to blame some of it on injuries on key players that we had more on this season than the previous, but I don't think it's an excuse. Strikers are even worse at hitting target this season, and tactical changes did not help this cause over the months. Decided to resign around December as I did not us pull ourselves together enough to finish the season as we were expected to do. Only positive is that we got through the group stage of europa league, but it's not enough to keep me there.

Got offered a few jobs at lower-rep clubs after this, but rejected them all. Been unsuccessful on a couple of high-rep jobs earlier, and thought I might get one now as I'm unemployed mid-season if something came up. Then it happened as Man.City sacked their manager. I applied, got a job interview and later they offered me the job. Placed 6th after 30 games I probably won't qualify for next years champions league, but I'm definitely at a club where it is possible to win the premier league.

3 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

EDIT: Wanted to send a thanks to @Skogmus - I copied the start of your "code" for my "Scoreboard."  Thank you!

No problem, @jaysdailydose

Small Update

The only jobs come available were Monaco, Lyon, Wolfsburg, Real Madrid, RBL and Hoffenheim, no big English Prem teams.

The only clubs out of them I was interested in getting the job were Real Madrid for obvious reasons, Monaco and Lyon, I wasn't offered them jobs but offered the German team jobs so decided to stay at Sheff Weds for another season.

2020/21 - Melbourne City FC

eI1HVAe.png

There weren't any interesting openings in my two target Asian leagues during the offseason, so I had to wait for a while before the A-League season ended and three teams came calling. Got interviews with Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory, and Melbourne City, and the latter offered me the job, so to Oz I went. They'd lost in the semis of the A-League playoffs, and unlike in Selangor, this time I'd be expected to deliver results immediately, with the board expecting me to win both regular season and playoffs. No pressure...

Competitions -- Fixtures

It was a very stressful season, regardless of the final results. Getting any kind of consistent good form in the A-League is always a huge challenge, considering how close most of the teams are to each other thanks to the salary cap. To make things a little more interesting, my players seemed to hate my guts from the start due to comparatively low reputation and some unpopular decisions along the way, and they called for my head at two different times throughout the year, the first even before we'd played any competitive matches! After some bad results in the last third of the regular season I even got an ultimatum from the board: 8 points in 5 games or bust. Thankfully I managed 9, won the regular season in the final game, and that managed to calm the players down enough to roll all over the Jets in the Grand Final and lift the trophy. Close call.

We were completely focused on the A-League for the most part, so the other competitions faded into the background a bit. We had an unlucky early exit in the FA Cup (not shown in the screenshot) when we drew Adelaide Utd in the 2nd round while I still hadn't quite figured how this team ticked. The Champions League's group stage, on the other hand, happened during the critical part of the regular season, so I had to field rotation and reserve players for most games. We still did ourselves proud, I think, managing to compete with Asian behemoths like Jeju and Guangzhou Evergrande, who can afford to spend on their three non-Asian players' wages more than ten times the A-League salary cap. That 3-1 home win against the Chinese millionaires is still one of the proudest moments of the season for me, even if in the end we fell short of qualifying.

Roster -- Team of the Year

The squad I inherited was a curious mix of former stars on the wrong side of thirty and extremely promising and first-team capable youngsters, with very little in between both extremes. A-League transfer and registration rules also made it quite hard to get Australian players of the required quality to improve the team, so that's mostly what I had to work with. Performances were solid if unimpressive overall, so I'll just highlight the incredible amount of quality youth this squad has. Right back Dylan Pierias was our most consistent player for most of the season, and looks about ready to get a chance in the Australian senior national team. Frank Harding will also get there eventually, having been our best assist provider this year already. And then there's our two Italian/Australian youngsters, Glauco Ottaviano and City's answer to Donnarumma, Umberto Capecchi. Oh, I brought Idemokon from Selangor, too, and while he could've done better, he was still joint top goalscorer of the squad, so not too bad.

In any other save I'd happily stay here and nurture these guys to become the leaders of a squad that'd dominate the A-League for years to come and actually have a shot at doing well in the Champions League, but alas, time is ticking and with the league won, we have to move on. I guess I could've stayed for another shot at the cup but eh, there'll be other chances. Targets are once again the Chinese and Korean leagues, with an eye and a half put on the national teams, considering the qualifying sections for the 2022 WC are about to finish and heads are bound to roll...

Season   Team                         League               Cup1           Cup2          Continental    Other                Notes
======================================================================================================================================================================
2018     Selangor                     2nd                  3rd round      Group Stg.    N/A            N/A                  Joined in the offseason. National C license.
2019     Selangor                     1st                  Winners        Winners       East Playoff   N/A                  Domestic treble! Manager of the Year. National B and A licenses.
2020/21  Melbourne City               1st/Winners          2nd round      N/A           Group Stage    N/A                  Joined in the offseason. Manager of the Year. Continental C and B licenses.

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (Liga Super Malaysia 2019, Hyundai A-League 2020/21)
1/10 domestic cups (Piala FA (Malaysia) 2019)
0/5 club continental championships ()
0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

Other titles

Piala Malaysia (2019)