The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MONTREAL IMPACT UPDATE

I had the most successful season so far in my save, in my first and only season with Montreal I ended up winning the MLS Cup, North American Champions League and then Club World Cup.

I am starting to collect the trophies, next stop South Africa.

CLUB

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues
    2/10 Domestic Cups
    3/5 Club Continental Championships
    1/1 Club World Cups

International

2/5 Continental Tournaments
    0/2 World Tournaments

Total titles and cups 11/33

Club World Cup.png

MLS Cup.png

NACL.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

150px-Boca_Juniors_2012.svg.png

Our new destination is one of the South American giants. Boca Juniors sacked their manager after finishing third in the league and I jumped on it knowing how perfect that opportunity is for me.
However, the season was bitter sweet. Yes, we destroyed the league, but we lost the cup on the first hurdle, losing to a second division side! "Fuming" doesn't even cut it.

20171208131230_1.thumb.jpg.3d43a026390684f63054ef9057a226bb.jpg

Copa Libertadores was another thing of mixed feelings. We reached the semis and lost to Corinthians. However, we scraped past two Brazilian clubs before that and it wasn't pleasant. They're clearly better and causing us serious problems. Even in the current Copa Lib, we lost both our matches to a Brazilian team in the group.
That's worrying me greatly for the future. On top of that, my best players are constantly bombarded by offers from Brazil and they all want to go, clearly indicating Brazilian prowess over us.

Season     Team                  League                Position    Domestic Cup       Continental Cup          Notes 

2017       Neimenggu Zhongyou    Chinese Jia League     9th           -                     -                  took over 15 games to go, 16th place
2018       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Jia League     1st          3rd rnd                -                     -
2019       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          WINNERS                -                     -
2020       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          3rd rnd            AFC CL WINNERS            -
2020/21    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       4th          WINNERS                -                  took over 2 games to go + cup final
2021/22    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       1st          winners                -                     -
2022/23    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       1st          winners         CAF Conf.Cup winners         -
2023/24    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership        -             -                CAF CL WINNERS         resigned mid season after winning the CL
2023/24    Tigres UANL           Mexican First Div     WINNERS       WINNERS                -                  joined before Closing Stage, won it
2024/25    Tigres UANL           Mexican First Div     winners         -             CONCACAF CL WINNERS       won both Opening and Closing Stage
2025/26    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st           5th round       Copa Lib semifinals          -

International

Season     Nation            Competition                      

2020       Cameroon          qualified for African Cup of Nations
2021       Cameroon          African Cup of Nations WINNERS
2023       Japan             AFC Asian Cup WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U., Argentina-Boca J.)

3/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U.)

3/5 club continental championships (Asia-Yanbian C., Africa-Orlando P., North America-Tigres U.)

0/1 club world championship

International

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon, Asia Japan)

0/2 world tournaments ()

@burtur - I remember you from the original thread.......those days seem sooooo long ago now!!

@Ronaldo Beckham - I've enjoyed reading your updates. As others have said, this challenge can be a real slog at times, but it's totally worth it!!

@shirajzl - You're the man we aspire to be!! You're having some fine success so far!!

I'm similar to @burtur in that I played the original challenge and became addicted to it (credit to @LetsGetReadyTo, eh @vikeologist??!!)
But I got the game a couple of days ago and have been downloading some cosmetic stuff (logos and kits) and have had a play around with Glasgow Rangers to get a feel for the game....it seems quite different to FM17.

Anyway, I'll be starting this challenge in a couple of days time.....I don't really have a tactic and I've no idea where I'm going to start........I just want to get going!!

@threelions1goal Looking forward to your challenge.

@shirajzl It is a tricky decision whether to try to win the Lib outside of Brazil, but plenty have done it. It was certainly the case in my last 2 saves though that the Brazilian sides were just too strong for my teams. I could win the odd match against them, but never came close to going all the way. There was one season when i had a great chance, but threw it away in the semi final. Still, I was never managing a side as big as Boca, and they really should be able to measure up against the Brazilians.

Do you have an international job at the moment.

@Ronaldo Beckham Congrats on making it to the leader board (again).

@pug 407 Setting yourself a challenging start to the erm, challenge. Be interested to see how you fare with the new game.

@bigjack.se18 Hopefully you live up to the infallibility expected of you in S Korea.

40 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

@threelions1goal Looking forward to your challenge.

@shirajzl It is a tricky decision whether to try to win the Lib outside of Brazil, but plenty have done it. It was certainly the case in my last 2 saves though that the Brazilian sides were just too strong for my teams. I could win the odd match against them, but never came close to going all the way. There was one season when i had a great chance, but threw it away in the semi final. Still, I was never managing a side as big as Boca, and they really should be able to measure up against the Brazilians.

Do you have an international job at the moment.

@Ronaldo Beckham Congrats on making it to the leader board (again).

@pug 407 Setting yourself a challenging start to the erm, challenge. Be interested to see how you fare with the new game.

@bigjack.se18 Hopefully you live up to the infallibility expected of you in S Korea.

More Challenging The Better For Me After FM 2017. Don't Think I'm Going To Enjoy It This Year, Can't Really Get Into

The Changes To The Scouting This Year.

Edited by pug 407

Thank you for the kind words guys, much appreciated.

GOLDEN ARROWS UPDATE

I ended up 4th again which is not what I wanted to see, we just struggled to hit consistency and lost to the bigger teams, I am just going to keep going through the seasons until I get into African Champions League or if a bigger South African team comes available.

CAREER UPDATE

In my first season as Polokwane City FC manager I ended up 4th in the league but the reason why I took over from Polokwane was because they were entered into the African Champions League due to their 2nd place in the league the season before and it paid off as I managed to win the African Champions League.

I also won the South African FA Cup as well, I am struggling to get an International job as I need to try win the Euros and World Cup, hopefully I will get a top European job but as you guys know from my career on here I never seem to get the top job but I kind of like taking a smaller team in the league and creating my own success there.

I will update you tomorrow when I get a new job.

CLUB

3/10 Top Domestic Leagues
    3/10 Domestic Cups
    4/5 Club Continental Championships
    1/1 Club World Cups

International

0/2 World Tournaments

Total titles and cups 13/33

African Champions League.png

South African FA Cup.png

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I applied for loads of jobs as I added the top divisions in the top 6 countries but none of the big boys, I settled on Newcastle United as I have always had a soft spot for them, I got 54m to spend, the most I have had on my career so far, I will let you know how I get on in my first season later on tonight.

Hope You Can Win Something With The Toon Army. Is The Fat Controller Still Chairman.

Edited by pug 407

2 hours ago, Super_Gord said:

It's been a while since I popped my head in here, decided to pick up my old FM16 challenge save, feels strange getting back into a save you haven't touched for a year and a half but I'm gonna give it another shot, I just can't get into FM18 this year.

Welcome back. So you're at Feyenoord, or you're looking for a new job? I can't be having with FM18 either. Miles sometimes bangs on on Twitter about how many people are playing FM18, but I wonder if the number of people still playing old versions is significantly higher. However, maybe it's just the 2 of us. Once I finish the Dafuge challenge, i will definitely come back to this, but I'm not sure on which version of the game.

Of course, now that they've released an update, a part of me is tempted to see if playing FM18 is enjoyable now, but I've pretty much lost faith.

Edited by vikeologist

9 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Welcome back. So you're at Feyenoord, or you're looking for a new job? I can't be having with FM18 either. Miles sometimes bangs on on Twitter about how many people are playing FM18, but I wonder if the number of people still playing old versions is significantly higher. However, maybe it's just the 2 of us. Once I finish the Dafuge challenge, i will definitely come back to this, but I'm not sure on which version of the game.

Of course, now that they've released an update, a part of me is tempted to see if playing FM18 is enjoyable now, but I've pretty much lost faith.

From my experience, if you dislike the game right off the bat, no update is going to change your mind. You either have to suck it up or keep playing an older version.

I sure miss you in this thread, though. :(

NEWCASTLE UNITED UPDATE

I finished 8th in my first season at Newcastle Utd, I was going to stay another season but Athletico Madrid lured me so I went there, they were -500k a week in wages but they had 2 lefts valued at 60m each so I sold the oldest one of the 2 to Barcelona for 60m to balance the books, they have a good squad so I think I will do well there in my first season, I will update in a few days as I am working a lot this weekend so might not find the time.

150px-Boca_Juniors_2012.svg.pngmx_1823.gif

Copa Libertadores is in the bag!
Now, I have to refer to what I said before in regards to how much luck you need at certain points of this challenge. Firstly, we drew the easiest Brazilian teams we could up until the final where we had to play the mighty Corinthians. In the first game we properly FM'd them!

20171209115039_1.thumb.jpg.56fba26f749bd0b31033f688f5a7a2cd.jpg

20171209123820_1.thumb.jpg.1af614807046f47704d8efd47bcff33c.jpg

I experienced the fact luck goes both ways soon after in CWC. This was the first time I stayed in the club to give this competition a go. After beating Africans in the semis, we faced Man Utd in the final. We seriously dominated the game, missing 3 CCCs and then a penalty to top it off. Do I have to say Man Utd scored from their only half chance?
The league was easy once again and now I'm staying for at least half a season more because I need the domestic cup, which has the stupid scheduling, as per usual.

After the World Cup, I got the Mexico job and I've been playing friendlies in the anticipation of Gold Cup this summer.

Season     Team                  League                Position    Domestic Cup       Continental Cup          Notes 

2017       Neimenggu Zhongyou    Chinese Jia League     9th           -                     -                  took over 15 games to go, 16th place
2018       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Jia League     1st          3rd rnd                -                     -
2019       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          WINNERS                -                     -
2020       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          3rd rnd            AFC CL WINNERS            -
2020/21    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       4th          WINNERS                -                  took over 2 games to go + cup final
2021/22    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       1st          winners                -                     -
2022/23    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       1st          winners         CAF Conf.Cup winners         -
2023/24    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership        -             -                CAF CL WINNERS         resigned mid season after winning the CL
2023/24    Tigres UANL           Mexican First Div     WINNERS       WINNERS                -                  joined before Closing Stage, won it
2024/25    Tigres UANL           Mexican First Div     winners         -             CONCACAF CL WINNERS       won both Opening and Closing Stage
2025/26    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st           5th round       Copa Lib semifinals          -
2026/27    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st             -              Copa Lib WINNERS         CWC runners-up

International

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U., Argentina-Boca J.)

3/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U.)

4/5 club continental championships (Asia-Yanbian C., Africa-Orlando P., North America-Tigres U., South America-Boca J.)

International

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon, Asia Japan)

0/2 world tournaments ()

Edited by shirajzl

Looks like the World Club cup and Confederations Cup are going (to be replaced with a Super Club World Cup).

so I guess this will be the last year of the Ultimate Challenge version 1. 

I'm now looking forward to FM19 even more.

Those of you who are doing the challenge on FM18, are you actually enjoying FM18? At least we haven't had any major bugs affecting the challenge so far, though it wouldn't surprise me if we had a controversial sacking at some point.

150px-Boca_Juniors_2012.svg.pngmx_1823.gif

Four days before Gold Cup, Brazil offered me a job! Ugh...rejecting that was the hardest click of the save. :( I mean, I could've accepted but Gold Cup is perfect to get off the list with Mexico. 
In the end, I won the stupid thing, but not without drama. After stomping over everyone until the final, in the match itself we were battering Canada, chance after chance after chance...and yet we found ourselves 0-2 down.
Just look when we scored all our goals. If I lost that one, I don't think I'd touch this save for a few weeks.

20171210231149_1.thumb.jpg.7b77dfe7d38495eeb19c24820ea79cd6.jpg

I stayed at Boca for the cup...and then I thought I might as well stay to try to win another Copa Libertadores...and then I thought "hey, another CWC attempt"...and then we won it! We beat Bayern in the final! 

20171211225821_1.thumb.jpg.376b75ae20e93db60578fe6066c259db.jpg

On paper it's a big surprise, but not really considering how good my team is right now. We have some proper world class players (most of them came through our own youth system as well) and every transfer window is a right chore to go through with all the offers from Brazil and Europe, new contract negotiations to shut them up etc.
Good thing I'm done here. 
Europe, the time has come. I'm coming.

P.S. I actually stayed until the end of the season to win another Argentinian league to boost my rep even more.

2026/27    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st             -              Copa Lib WINNERS         CWC runners-up
2027/28    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st           WINNERS          Copa Lib winners         CWC WINNERS

International

2028       Mexico            Gold Cup WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U., Argentina-Boca J.)

4/5 club continental championships (Asia-Yanbian C., Africa-Orlando P., North America-Tigres U., South America-Boca J.)

1/1 club world championship (Boca Juniors)

International

3/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon, Asia-Japan, North America-Mexico)

0/2 world tournaments ()

ATHLETICO MADRID UPDATE

Hiya guys, so I managed to win the Spanish BBVA and also the European Champions League, no big deal lol.

Nah but seriously my Athletico Madrid team was unreal with talent, I had a French striker who scored 46 goals in 54 games, a Greek striker who scored 26 goals in 47 games and had 27 assists.

I also have taken over as Croatia manager with the hope I win the Euros or World Cup.

CLUB

4/10 Top Domestic Leagues
    3/10 Domestic Cups
    5/5 Club Continental Championships
    1/1 Club World Cups

International

0/2 World Tournaments

Total titles and cups 15 /33

I will do a small update with the team I end up with next.

Champions League.png

Spanish League.png

200px-S.S.C._Napoli_logo.svg.pngCYoB7Gm.png

Napoli/Juventus Season Review 2026/2027

League Table - 2nd

After a year and a half away it took me some time to get back up to speed with things, I'd resigned as Feyenoord manager after winning the league, didn't feel confident in Europe with that team and snagged the Napoli job who'd had a stinking season finishing 13th, they gave me a massive budget to spend on players, ended up forking out £100m in transfers in the space of a month, things were going okay, we were holding our own in the league and were pushing a pretty dominant AC Milan for top spot, January/February period came and we hit the slump of all slumps, 8 defeats from 10 and we soon crashed down the league.

Luckily Juventus were not too pleased with Jurgen Klinsmann only having Juventus in 3rd spot so sacked him and like the managerial vulture I am I swooped in and was offered the job, guided them through the last few months to a second position finish and Champions League football next year.

2015/16            FC Haka                    3rd            Finnish First Division
2016/17            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish First Division                Promoted to Premier League
2017/18            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish Premier League                League Winners
2018/19            Gornik Leczna              1st            Polish First Division                 Promoted to Ekstraklasa
2019/20            Slask Wroclaw              5th            Polish Ekstraklasa
2020/21            Legia                      1st            Polish Ekstraklasa                    League Winners
2021/22            SK Rapid Wien              3rd            Austrian Premier Division
2022/23            SK Rapid Wien              1st            Austrian Premier Division             League Winners/FA Cup Winners
2023/24            Hoffenheim                 N/A            German First Division                 Resigned as Hoffenheim manager
2023/24            Feyenoord                  10th           Eredivisie
2024/25            Feyenoord                  4th            Eredivisie
2025/26            Feyenoord                  1st            Eredivisie                            League Winners
2026/27            Napoli                     N/A            Serie A                               Resigned as Napoli manager
2026/27            Juventus                   2nd            Serie A                               

2019 Season Knattspyrnufélagið Fram 

fknzaq.jpg

My second season in Iceland was way better than the first in such a way that the team was playing well and getting settled

Formation

I kept with the same formation that had got me Success in the first season

Transfers

My transfer activity was limited I felt no big changes were needed one or two additions for the team and squad depth

102mi4y.jpg

League

After my first season in getting promoted the club was on a high. Knowing this I knew the team needed improvements in handling promotion. I was worried about survival but we were tipped for top half.

The campaign went well  

6zx57b.jpg

So well we ended up runners up…not bad for our first season in the top flight 

Icelandic Cup

Our goal was the Quarter finals of the competition which I thought was a bit steep, But I thought we would give it a good go. And we did!

2zemjw8.jpg

League Cup

After our first season outing in the competition I had my eye on this one..even though the board did not deem it important. But we got knocked out in the Quarters which I felt was good going

Overall Manager Season Summary

20tqh37.jpg

snjehd.jpg

Season   Team                                                  Position  Notes and Achievements
2018     Knattspyrnufélagið Fram     Inkassodeildin            2nd       League Runners up PROMOTED!  
2019     Knattspyrnufélagið Fram     Pepsi-deild karla		   2nd       Cup Winners 

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues 

1/10 domestic cups (Iceland)

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()
Edited by streety

SMALL UPDATE

I just took over as Lazio manager, I also won the Euros with Croatia, we beat Holland in the final 5-1, another achievement ticked.

What I have noticed that the quality of staff in Italy or in general on the game is really bad, barely any staff in double digits on key attributes, I am in the year 2036 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Euros Croatia.png

Hibernian_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.e98471f474a5b4a6af7111c775360482.png

2019/20 Season

So after back to back promotions with Cowdenbeath, I was offered and accepted the Hibernian job in the SPL. Hibernian finished 10th last season but I think other than Celtic all the teams are fairly similar in level and I fancied maybe pushing for 3rd spot and therefore nicking a place in the Europa League qualifying the following season. 

Luckily I managed to do that in the league with a points total of 72 I finished behind Celtic and Rangers. One thing which made this easier was Aberdeen had a miserable season. So positive with the league and I'm glad to say I am off the mark with this challenge by winning the Scottish Cup by smashing Aberdeen in the final, again a little stroke of luck in the sense Ross County managed to beat Celtic in the quarter final!

5a380a6e3a05e_ScreenShot2017-12-17at22_46_57.thumb.png.a9e80a19ee5e687cffc2867847e376f4.png

Big effort and used a lot of players within the squad, defensively Efe Ambrose and Paul Hanlon who were rocks at the back as well as contributing with the odd goals here and there. At the other end Michael Folivi, who I signed on loan from Watford, and Simon Murray got bags of goals, 58 in all competitions between them. 

Now next stage is a bit of a dilemma. Realistically winning the league with Hibernian is going to take a long time, Celtic are head and shoulders above everyone. The only way it'll happen is signing good young players and waiting for them to hit their potential or Celtic literally self imploding. For the sake of this challenge I'm not sure waiting years at Hibernian is the best way to complete it so I think I am going to move on. I think I'll stay at Hibs until I can get a job elsewhere. I'm hoping maybe a top team in a fringe European country but we shall see. 

Will keep you posted. 

Season | Team             |Position | Notes and Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18| Cowdenbeath      |1st      | Champions!
2018/19| Cowdenbeath      |1st      | Champions!
2019/20| Hibernian        |3rd      | Scottish Cup Winners! 	

Domestic Cups 1/10 -  Scottish Cup (Hibernian)

Edited by YellowLittle

LAZIO UPDATE

I managed to win the Italian Cup in my first season as Lazio boss, also managed to get 3rd place but as you can see on the photo Juventus are way too good and I don't think I can topple them and would take me a few seasons to do so, so for that reason I am going to leave Italy until the Juventus job comes along, I have applied for the Liverpool job, I will update you on how I get on with that in a bit.

CLUB

4/10 Top Domestic Leagues
    4/10 Domestic Cups
    5/5 Club Continental Championships
    1/1 Club World Cups

International

0/2 World Tournaments

Total titles and cups 16 /33

Here is 2 screenshots of my best players.

Cosimini.png

Italian Cup.png

League Position.png

Sikalalias.png

Sao Paulo
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A

The long Brazillian season starts with the state championships which saw us reach the final and loose on penalties to Palmeiras after a 1-1 draw.

The Série A league saw us and arch city rival Corinthians battling away at the top with neither of us loosing a game until game 26 (Corinthians) and 29 (us), we kept in front of them due to Corinthians drawing more games and ended up winning the league by 11 points and dethrone Gremio who'd  won the league for the past four seasons.  This is the sort of comptativeness I wanted when I was in China.

The Brazillian Cup saw us progress comfortably to the final against Gremio.  We won the first leg 2-0 and looked comfortable.  In the second leg we were 2-0 down after 30mins and it looked as if it was going to penalties until we scored in the 91st & 93rd min to s(t)eal the cup.

In the Libertadores we qualified top of the group on goal difference with Argentina's Racing.  In the 2nd round we faced River, drawing 1-1 away and winning 4-2 at home.  It then became a Brazillian shootout as we faced Flamengo then Internacional and finally Gremio in the final.  We lost the first leg away 3-1 before turning it around with a thumping 6-0 win at home.

In the World Club Cup we faced Egypt's Al-Ahly and despite a poor defensive display won 5-3.  The final was against the north American champions Tigres from Mexico who'd eliminated the European champs Monaco 4-0.  In the final we Tigres levelled after going behind twice before an 85th min winner sealed the win.

5a3939ca09b8c_EoSCompetitions.thumb.PNG.0a32a8ac26590d6584a2659281d23539.PNG

As I mentioned in a previous post I'd left the Serbia post and joined Morocco.  I initially thought I'd have an African Cup of Nations to come but was mistaken and it was the Nations Championship which only allows domestic based players which we won comfortably with the assistant mostly picking the squad and team.

The World Cup saw us in a group with Portugal, Iraq and Argentina.  We lost by 1-0 against Portugal before beating Iraq 5-1 and then Argentina 4-1 to top the group as Portugal lost 1-0 to Iraq.  In the 2nd round we faced Germany who demonstrated their superiority with a confortable 3-0 win.  We weren't expected to progress beyond the groups so in all a good showing.  

We've also qualified comfortably for the ACN in the coming new year...fingers crossed.

My manager reputation is now 75%.  I've not resigned yet but looking forward I think the next stop is going to be South Africa or North America unless a nice job becomes available in France/Portugal/Serbia/Spain as I've got those leagues running alongside ARG/BRA/CHI/MEX/SA.  Internationally I'm hoping to cross off the ACN in the coming month.

5a393a6ea026f_EoSManagerProfile.thumb.PNG.eb22a8402a4c823f7015ec034402359a.PNG

Challenge Progress:

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (CHI, BRA)
2/10 domestic cups (CHI, BRA)
2/5 club continental championships (ACL-Wuhan 2020, LIB-Sao Paulo 2022)
1/1 club world championship (Sao Paulo 2022)

International
0/5 continental tournaments ()
0/2 world tournaments ()

CLUB CAREER
							Leagues		Cups
Season	NAT	Club			Division	1st	2nd	1st	2nd		Cont.		CWC	Other & Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017	CHI	Wuhan			CNFD		5th								Joined in 9th place after 13 games and out of cups
2018	CHI	Whuan			CNFD		1st		Qtr						Promoted as champions
2019	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st		Win						League & Cup double.
2020	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st		Win			Win			Trebble Winners (+domestic super cup)
2021	BRA	Sao Paulo		Serie A		3rd		Qtr						Joined in 17th after 11 games.
2022	BRA	Sao Paulo		Serie A		1st		Win			Win		Win	Quadruple

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
			Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes
2020	Serbia		21st
2021	Serbia		33rd					Failed to Qualify for World Cup
2022	Morocco		15th					Won African Nations Championship

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

So I took over at Liverpool but ended 8th in the league and left, I am just losing passion for this save now, it feels like a chore, so I am taking a break for a few weeks and just going to do some short saves with certain teams I fancy managing, so I will be back to finish this as I have kept the save, but for now I am going to leave it, have a good xmas everyone, speak to you soon.

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

UPDATE

So I took over at Liverpool but ended 8th in the league and left, I am just losing passion for this save now, it feels like a chore, so I am taking a break for a few weeks and just going to do some short saves with certain teams I fancy managing, so I will be back to finish this as I have kept the save, but for now I am going to leave it, have a good xmas everyone, speak to you soon.

You seem to have got the classic impatience bug this challenge sometimes provide. From the very first season you have to keep repeating to yourself "I'm not rushing things, I'm not breaking any records, I'm taking it slowly". Otherwise if you get two or three seasons in a row where you don't win anything, you immediately grow tired of it all. Been there on previous FMs.

@Ronaldo Beckham Entirely sensible to take a break when you're not enjoying it. I sort of took a break in the middle of my save, by managing Newcastle until I won the Premier League with them, which helped me start enjoying the game a bit more. Admittedly when i decided to do it, I thought it would entail staying at a club for about 4 seasons instead of the customary 2, and it took a bit longer than that, but the challenge can certainly wear one down, as you know all too well having already achieved it. I really like staying at clubs for a while and developing them, as I did at Newcastle, and am doing at the moment with Folkestone, (subscribe to the Dafuge 17 thread to be the second person still reading posts from last year's thread). 

@shirajzl For some reason, I always assumed that you were Indian. Maybe because of nationalities you opted for in sign up games.

What nationalities are other people? I usually pick up on these things when people start challenges and I see the initial manager profile. I of course am a proud Scot.

Anyway, congratulations on the Libertadores and other successes.

@Super_Gord Good luck at Juve.

@streety Well done on your success. Do you know how to pronounce the full name of your team yet?

@YellowLittle Good luck at Hibs, my childhood club. Hopefully you can achieve success there, but in all my years of playing FM, I've only once done a long term save with them, and it took absolutely ages to overthrow Celtic (and at the time Rangers), so hopefully you'll get a bigger job soon. At least you won the cup, unlike @Ronaldo Beckham (I think) who spent his FM17 updates while in charge disparaging the mighty Hibees.

@blackdevil Congratulations on cleaning up in your Brazilian marathon.

Hey all, long time FM player here, first time I'm really looking to get stuck into a challenge such as this.

After a few months of searching and several unsuccessful interviews, I was offered the job at...

yQjA6-Hp_400x400.jpg

On a positive note, I have arrived with the club sitting a surprising 2nd in the table, despite being predicted to finish 14th.

The table looks like this: 6E9pewe.png

Now to get to work. Have to hire some key staff and my first league game is in a few short days. 

Told the board I'd finish in the top half of the table, but with the club already in such a strong position after 7 games, I quietly harbor ambitions of securing a playoff spot at least. We'll see how it goes, I've not had a proper LLM save that I've stuck with beyond one or two seasons, but I'm thinking I'm going to change that this time.

Hope you'll be following along, cheers.

@BWZ_Tomek Welcome to the challenge and good luck.

@Ronaldo Beckham & @shirajzl & @streety & @YellowLittle Congrats on your progress.  I enjoy reading the updates.

@vikeologist It was a very long season and at times a very congested fixture list.  Eg. I had 11 games in the month of October.  Add on top of that international management I sometimes had two games to manage on the same day.  With Corinthians pushing us all the way in the league it was tiring as I was concentrating on every game.  Then I had the added annoyance of my DoF selling my best players.  Obviously it's my fault as I've given him the control so I can't complain.  But the club financial state is now rich after bringing in £62m after selling my best three fullbacks (left back to Befica & right backs to A.Madrid & Lyon), my best CM also to A.Madrid, my best AM to Gremio and my four best forwards (Tottenham/Cruzerio/Man City/Cruz Azul).  Thankfully the replacements recruited for £30m + youngsters promoted from the reserves/U20's were adequate.

I'm English from Manchester and support Man Utd.

8 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@streety Well done on your success. Do you know how to pronounce the full name of your team yet?

Thanks, Erm every time i have an attempt it always sounds different from the last time...so thats a No...

220px-FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen_logo_(2017)

The job hunt was interesting. I rejected offers from the likes of Roma, Wolfsburg, Villareal etc., convinced I should aim for the elite clubs. Things got a bit nervy when Euro endeed and Italy, Spain, England and Germany all rejected my applications.
Thankfully, it triggered a managerial merry-go-round and after being rejected by Chelsea, Man City and PSG, I finally got the nod from Bayern.
A European powerhouse, great squad loads of money I used to bring some pace into defence and I also offloaded some massively overpaid oldies.

20171214232915_1.thumb.jpg.80c5ae9e8f6dee4d40d5251a011e42e1.jpg

Long story short, we routinely won the domestic double, smashed PSG in the Champions League final...and still lost 1-3. Bol*ocks.
Internationally, I'll have to wait to build up my European rep some more, it seems. Patience, patience.

2027/28    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st           WINNERS          Copa Lib winners         CWC WINNERS
2028/29    Bayern M.             Bundesliga            1st           WINNERS           CL runners-up              -

International

2028       Mexico            Gold Cup WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U., Argentina-Boca J., Germany-Bayern M.)

5/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U., Argentina-Boca J., Germany-Bayern M.)

1/1 club world championship (Boca Juniors)

International

3/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon, Asia-Japan, North America-Mexico)

0/2 world tournaments ()

@vikeologist That's exactly my thinking, I've probably won all I can win short term with Hibernian. Had a interview with both Wolfsburg and Shanggang, but unfortunately didn't get either of them. Really fancied the Shanggang job as the transfer budget was £67 million. 

Still in pre season with Hibs at the moment, having one eye on the Celtic job because Alex Neil (Celtic Manager) is being linked to a lot of Prem jobs at the moment. 

Hi guys, apologies for not posting on here in a while. I've had some really bad PC problems which means until now I have been FM-less. I have eventually been out and bought myself a new laptop but unfortunately all my old UMC save files have gone.

I am going to be starting this save again and I'm thinking of doing it a little bit differently than the norm.

So I'm going to load the "Big 5" nations up to start with and I can't move on from these until I have won all 5 of the leagues and cups and also the UEFA European Champions League. Once I've done that then I'll move onto the rest of the challenge. Going to be a long road to actually winning some trophies but hopefully this makes it a little more interesting for myself and a bit more challenging.

fm_2017-12-21_15-51-11.thumb.png.c47f255357e99ba73edd335fc1fa0abe.pngfm_2017-12-21_15-56-03.thumb.png.f4a303b0dff8dc057a9ed1fe0d07b8a7.png

Edited by Cheekybananafm

Well I have my first job and it's a real surprise. I really didn't expect to be offered a job in League Two of England but my first interview and my first job offer is with Grimsby!

Image result

Currently 23rd in League Two after 14 games, we have a little bit of ground to make up on the teams above us. This is a really interesting start to the challenge. The aim now is to stay up, get some badges and increase my reputation as quickly as possible. I won't stick around here longer than 2 or 3 season and will actively look for a bigger job to improve my rep as quick as possible

Ajax Cape Town
ABSA Premiership
2022/2023

I joined Ajax CT on the 23/03/2023 with 23 games already played and in 11th place and 7 games left to play.  They'd won 3 games in a row before I joined and we continued that momentum for the rest of the season winning 6 and drawing 1 of the last 7 games to finish in 7th place in the league.
In the Nedbank Cup we beat Golden Arrows 2-1 in the quarter finals and then Cape Town All Stars 6-1 in the semi final to setup a final against Kaizer Chiefs who we beat 6-1 also to grab a nice cup win.

5a3c56529e2ea_EoSFixtures.thumb.PNG.44d9e01e9c63ef7de48c9fb3ae127fa2.PNG

5a3c564ee8954_EoSCompetitions.thumb.PNG.b3dcac9d750f222e37d0796c71b73c64.PNG

I usually avoid FM whilst under the influence of alcohol as bad things usually happen, however this time I was fortunate.  In the group stage we comfortably beat Togo 2-0 before coming from 2-0 down to Egypt to win 4-2 and then coming from 1-0 down to bean Congo 3-1.  In the 2nd round we faced Angola who were in our qualification group and again came from a goal down this time to win 5-1.  In the quarter finals we face Cape Verde who'd dispatched Ivory Coast in the previous round and again went a goal down before winning 3-1.  The semi final was a comfortable 6-0 win against Senegal to setup a final encounter against Egypt.  This time we took a 1-0 lead  in the 22nd min and for them to equalise in the 50th.  The winner came in extra time on the 116th min as I was fearing the lottery penalties.

5a3e4c1e83660_ACNresults.thumb.PNG.34dd959c4f9eca632f4463c470c49ef2.PNG

Challenge Progress:

Club
2/10 top domestic leagues (CHI, BRA)
3/10 domestic cups (CHI, BRA, RSA)
2/5 club continental championships (ACL-Wuhan 2020, LIB-Sao Paulo 2022)
1/1 club world championship (Sao Paulo 2022)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (ACN-Morocco 2023)
0/2 world tournaments ()

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
							Leagues		Cups
Season	NAT	Club			Division	1st	2nd	1st	2nd		Cont.		CWC	Other & Notes
2017	CHI	Wuhan			CNFD		5th								Joined in 9th place after 13 games and out of cups
2018	CHI	Whuan			CNFD		1st		Qtr						Promoted as champions
2019	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st		Win						League & Cup double.
2020	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st		Win			Win			Trebble Winners (+domestic super cup)
2021	BRA	Sao Paulo		Serie A		3rd		Qtr						Joined in 17th after 11 games.
2022	BRA	Sao Paulo		Serie A		1st		Win			Win		Win	Quadruple
2022/23	RSA	Ajax CT			RSA PL		7th		n/a	Win					Nedbank Cup win

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
			Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes
2020	Serbia		21st
2021	Serbia		33rd					Failed to Qualify for World Cup
2022	Morocco		15th					Won African Nations Championship
2023	Morocco		9th					Won African Cup of Nations

Edited by blackdevil