Two minor questions (Liverpool FC)

First, apologies to not use forum search effectively.

1. I like to use AssMan to give Opposition Instructions and Team Talk. My suspicion is that high Tactics and Man Motivation are needed? But any other things as it comes to that?

2. Balotelli...I play attacking 4-1-2-3 DM and I cannot get him to perform at all... I don't use any player specific stuff. Only instructions for team I have are Work ball into Box and Stay on Feet.

Here is the image of tactic:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee102/Sardaukar67/2015-10-22_00002_zpsrid7dxo4.jpg

Any idea how to make Balotelli to perform in that, since Sturridge/Sterling/Coutinho have been lethal without any tinkering. Does he need player-specific instructions, since I have given none to any so far?

Edited: Maybe playing him as Target Man instead of Advance Forward?

Without actually seeing Balotelli, I think hes a classic poacher, because he literally puts zero effort to track back, and doesn't do much work for the team. If I was going to play him, and most real life managers tend to give up on him, you really need the rest of the team taking up the slack for him.

I'd consider putting him in a front two, with maybe a defensive forward working around him, or a target man. Then maybe someone in the AMC position to feed him with killer passes, like coutinho.

I doubt his consistency is all that great either. I'm sure his underneath the hood mental stats are pretty shocking as well, he has the capacity to be brilliant and the next moment completely terrible. I'd look to get rid of him if I were you. Rogers found out to his cost that he doesn't fit into that Liverpool team.

On a side note about team talks, I can't figure out why anyone would ever leave team talks to Ass Manager. They may not be an enjoyable part of the game for some but they take literally 10 seconds and are worth doing yourself. I have seen on so many occasions the Ass Manager suggesting some ridiculous things be said to the team, such as after getting hammered at home by a bottom of the league team, to tell them they were unlucky when we were well beaten.

Do them yourself.

On a side note about team talks, I can't figure out why anyone would ever leave team talks to Ass Manager. They may not be an enjoyable part of the game for some but they take literally 10 seconds and are worth doing yourself. I have seen on so many occasions the Ass Manager suggesting some ridiculous things be said to the team, such as after getting hammered at home by a bottom of the league team, to tell them they were unlucky when we were well beaten.

Do them yourself.

I generally leave it to the ass man, I always hire a guy with good man management skills though, I think that helps. But I always check before going with his recommendations. If its something stupid or he wants me to say nothing I will manually do my own.

Regarding Mario - you can get him to perform brilliantly. If you sell him. He'll somehow go on to be a world beater (as just happened in my BvB game - he plays for AC Milan and scored 5 in a 6-3 hammering of us, thankfully it was only a friendly).

Seriously though, he's not worth the effort when his hidden mental attributes are pretty horrific.

Pressure 11, Professionalism 9, Sportsmanship 3, Temperament 4, Controversy 20, Consistency 10

As for team talks - do them yourself. They are worth the effort; players often praise the manager for his half time words that inspired them to victory. You don't want your assistant manager getting that praise, you want it all. Forge a bond between yourself and your players :thup:

I couldn't tell you how I did it, but I have Mario playing brilliantly. I play 4-2-3-1 and use him as a Complete Forward, with an IF-A, AP-A and a W-S behind him. I didn't play him at all in my first season, but he became a mainstay the year after due to Sturridge getting injured. He averages just better than a goal a game for me, and was in the world team of the year during my most recent season. Has won the PL golden boot three years running.

Incidentally, I occasionally switch to your formation for tougher games, and use him as a Complete Forward on support duty. Still seems to do the trick. I tell him how well he's doing on a regular basis, as well, if that has any bearing on things.

Archived