Main changes between FMC and FMT

From memory, we're getting the equivalent of the Analysis Tab (rebranded as ProZone), Opposition Instructions, Create A Club, Create a Manager. There's probably more, but that stuff is all good.

Release date is the same as the full game (which, as usual, comes with the options of Simulation Mode or Classic (now Touch)). I think there is a standalone FMT coming out at some point but not until later in the year. Lucas will probably be in to correct all of my mistakes :)

• Administrators

I wouldn't say "changes". Think of FMT16 as the next version of FMC, which it is. So I'd say new features, which are (not an exhaustive list!):-

ProZone

Set Piece Creator

Design a Son unlockable

All Job Applications unlock able

Cross-Save to Tablet versions of FM Touch

Opposition Instructions

Create a Manager Man,

Create a Club,

Fantasy Draft,

and more.

Many of FM's features benefit FM Touch as well, and this year for the first time you'll be able to purchase FM Touch separately for Steam for a reduced SRP than the full version, to be released after the main release.

There will be a demo as well so you can try out many of these features before buying. :thup:

I wouldn't say "changes". Think of FMT16 as the next version of FMC, which it is. So I'd say new features, which are (not an exhaustive list!):-

ProZone

Set Piece Creator

Design a Son unlockable

All Job Applications unlock able

Cross-Save to Tablet versions of FM Touch

Opposition Instructions

Create a Manager Man,

Create a Club,

Fantasy Draft,

and more.

Many of FM's features benefit FM Touch as well, and this year for the first time you'll be able to purchase FM Touch separately for Steam for a reduced SRP than the full version, to be released after the main release.

There will be a demo as well so you can try out many of these features before buying. :thup:

So fantasy draft also in FMT, didn't realise that.

One quite major thing to point out in terms of "changes" is of course now there will be a separate version of the game (FMT) and priced cheaper than the full version !!

Therefore my main question now, is there any more news on the date that this version will be released as yes it says before Christmas but does that mean 24th December, 14th November (day after full one which includes FMT16) or say 1st December?

What's the feature Create a Manager Man about?

It's something that was received with widespread acclaim (!) when the early Beta images were issued, see this link:

http://www.footballmanager.com/football-manager-2016-key-features

As long as it looks better for release, it's just a nice harmless addition. I think we'll get to see him on the touchline strutting about and presumably the manager profile picture.

• Administrators
Therefore my main question now, is there any more news on the date that this version will be released as yes it says before Christmas but does that mean 24th December, 14th November (day after full one which includes FMT16) or say 1st December?

When it's ready essentially, there isn't a date in stone yet for that besides Before Xmas.

• Administrators
Lucas - how does the Design a Son Unlockable work? Can it be achieved through standard gameplay or is it DLC?

Both. :)

• Administrators
Excellent! I've never had a son in FM in spite of a stupid amount of time on the game :( Is the unlockable tied to how long you have been at a club or something along those lines?

20 years.

Will it include all the new under the hood improvements, like new and improved AI, match engine etc

Yep.

20 years.

Crikey. I managed about 14 seasons at one club on FM15. I need to up my game :)

Are you able to release any more snippets about that specific feature or does it need to remain pretty secretive? To what extent can I design my son? Purely at an aesthetic level or is there any control over things like CA/PA?

Are you able to release any more snippets about that specific feature or does it need to remain pretty secretive? To what extent can I design my son? Purely at an aesthetic level or is there any control over things like CA/PA?

One of my games I'm playing as Ledley King and I used the DLC to get a son and he was WHITE :lol:

• Administrators
Crikey. I managed about 14 seasons at one club on FM15. I need to up my game :)

I'm very much a surprises kinda person :brock:

• Administrators
Will FMT have the (thirty?) season limit that FMC had?

No news on what the limit is at the moment for tablet. There isn't a limit on PC.

Sad to see there is no change to tutoring for FMC/FMT - still the same random, have no control, detrimental "feature"

However, there is a change generally to the way Personality affects things. Now the overall squad Personality shapes the Personality development of young players. It's a great addition.

How will this work? If you have a professional squad it will develop a youngster in his hidden attributes?

Haven't seen anything on this, but it sure sounds like a great feature.

Where have you read about this?

Not being able to select tutors is the only thing i hate about FMT, but if the squad personality affect youngsters hidden mental attributes, that would be even better than tutoring!

Archived