Player demanding a minimum release fee in his contract

What is the best way to deal with this?

The player is wanting a £7.5m minimum release fee which would see him leave almost instantly. I have already convinced him to leave his agent. So now with no agent, he is still asking for it.

He has 18 months left on his contract, am I best to ride it out until the end of the season? Or give him the contract and then hope to get him to sign another contract again without it?

If your playing FM15 you can select Remove and exclude from negotiations. This may cause him to walk away but normally they ask for slightly higher wages to compensate for it. With 18 months left on his contract unless it was a promise I would ride it out and wait until the end of the season before offering him a new contract.

If your playing FM15 you can select Remove and exclude from negotiations. This may cause him to walk away but normally they ask for slightly higher wages to compensate for it. With 18 months left on his contract unless it was a promise I would ride it out and wait until the end of the season before offering him a new contract.

No I can't. He's locked it. Cannot negotiate it out the contract!

Ah.... Unless it's a promise I'd let it ride out until the end of the season. If it is a promise I'd let it go and hope that he doesn't get an offer in at that price.

its not a promise either. he is just wanting it included in his negotiations and im unable to unlock it

With 18 months left I would leave it 6 months.

If you're likely to outperform seasons expectations and have a successful year, then when you go back he may remove it, or allow you to raise it.

I'd sit on it for 6 months.

I'm sorry if this offends you but I've got to post it just in case.

But if you're playing as a Spanish club it's a legal requirement to have a MFR clause so therefore cannot be removed.

AGAIN, I'M SORRY IF YOU'RE OFFENDED!

I think the OP is more bothered about the low amount and not being able to change that at the very least as well as being bothered that the clause is there but fair point

Also the fee in Brazil is directly liked to the player's wage.

As for the OP it sounds like the players is happy to stay in the short term but is already looking to move to a bigger club or league, this would explain why they want a less than 8 figure release fee.

Out of interest what division are you managing in, what's your club rep, what's the players perceived potential & how much are they asking to be paid?

Also the fee in Brazil is directly liked to the player's wage.

As for the OP it sounds like the players is happy to stay in the short term but is already looking to move to a bigger club or league, this would explain why they want a less than 8 figure release fee.

Out of interest what division are you managing in, what's your club rep, what's the players perceived potential & how much are they asking to be paid?

Celtic. Problem sorted itself out, i hung on a couple of months and kept checking, he soon withdrew demanding a minimum release fee

Archived