Waste time down deep the flank side

There's a wishlist thread for things like this, but currently your request would be pointless and will just result in a tackle. Until shoulder barging and jostling etc is introduced in the ME, something like that wouldn't work. You can already select Contain and Waste Time though and the players will waste time in other ways.

Really are you the developer to say you can't add a 3d graphic to the game of a player wasting time down the flanks side. Since your not part of the company itself I would rather take word from the development team itself rather than you. I hope that makes sense or are you saying that you are part of the development team.

It's not a 'graphic' that needs adding. You're wanting to add an element to the ME that does not exist. It'll be a big addition. I'm sure SI have said in the past that it is on the cards to add at some point though. :thup:

I worked at SI until earlier this year & can confirm that HUNT3R is absolutely correct in what he has posted.

SI do want to introduce what you have described but currently there are technical limitations that mean the ME cannot simulate that behaviour.

I worked at SI until earlier this year & can confirm that HUNT3R is absolutely correct in what he has posted.

SI do want to introduce what you have described but currently there are technical limitations that mean the ME cannot simulate that behaviour.

If i recall correctly, between FM 07 and FM 12 that was a feature.. It actually was present. I don't know exactly what version it was, but it got removed before FM 14. I didn't play FM 13. But i know it was there between those versions and it's not in FM 14 or 15.

As to the larger question as to what good will it do, or how will it function or why was it there in the first place, I really have no opinion either way. Though i lean towards the poster that said that there are better ways to do time wasting that are currently employed in the ME. The players just waste the time, you see it. Sometimes they even feign injury where they make sure play gets stopped and the physio come on, their condition takes a hit, but they're alright to continue with no injury indicator. They should perhaps leave it as it is.

If you read my post it was stating 3d match engine. Please stop attacking me in every post. Remember other people have a right to their own opinion since they are also paying for the game from their own pocket and not yours.

he's a jolly little sausage aint he!?! :rolleyes:

If i recall correctly, between FM 07 and FM 12 that was a feature.. It actually was present. I don't know exactly what version it was, but it got removed before FM 14. I didn't play FM 13. But i know it was there between those versions and it's not in FM 14 or 15.

As to the larger question as to what good will it do, or how will it function or why was it there in the first place, I really have no opinion either way. Though i lean towards the poster that said that there are better ways to do time wasting that are currently employed in the ME. The players just waste the time, you see it. Sometimes they even feign injury where they make sure play gets stopped and the physio come on, their condition takes a hit, but they're alright to continue with no injury indicator. They should perhaps leave it as it is.

A true simulation of the way players & teams run down the clock has never been part of the ME, certainly not taking the ball into the corner & shielding it from an opponent.

I have certainly seen, 'player x doesn't care and is heading for the corner flag'.. Anyway, nothing to argue. If you've played the game long enough you'd have seen it too

I remember the text too and they did head to the flag, but the ME has no way of simulating the player physically holding off another player to hold onto the ball.

Archived