Reduce player complaints in fm16 Y/N Poll

Remove player complaints not getting a chance to play in first team for fm16  

560 members have voted

1. 1. Remove player complaints not getting a chance to play in first team for fm16

• Reduce the amount of complaints from players not playing.
    • Keep the same amount of complaints in fm15 for fm16
    • Totally remove player complaints and keep them in player profile instead of inbox
    • Have them permanently removed from game to reduce admin tasks.
    • Have the players complain more so to be more realistic

The best way to get complaints is to lie to your players, which is exactly what you have done. You said before you would play him more, and you have failed to do so, because of the form of your other LB. You have just promised him again that you will start him in the next few games, despite not intending to do so.

Frankly, if you continually lie to someone, do you not think they should complain?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"As a manager its not easy keeping two good ambitious players happy and neither should it be." Yes that it right, but

For example. My first full back is Peruzzi and my second is one bad full back. I am rotating them near at the end of season just because i want Peruzzi to be ready for more important games. Ofc he will be unhappy, but if i am a real manager i could say him the truht "I am resting you because you are my best full back and i want to have you ready for every important game" eventualy, if he is normal person he will understand that. But what if that was scenario in Fm? I can't say him that.

Like in this save with Atalanta, i can't explain him that he is still very important to me, he will get chance, he will still win trophies, play finals, just be patient dont' bother me every week how you want to play more! Even he is playing 3 straight games he will still complain. I hope you understand me, and that is reason why i can't accept your answers that complains are realistic

edit: I am not lying him, he is playing in the league, and champions league, and cups. What he want's, to play 50 games in one season? Is he Cafu or some other legend or world class full back?

For example. My first full back is Peruzzi and my second is one bad full back. I am rotating them near at the end of season just because i want Peruzzi to be ready for more important games. Ofc he will be unhappy, but if i am a real manager i could say him the truht "I am resting you because you are my best full back and i want to have you ready for every important game" eventualy, if he is normal person he will understand that. But what if that was scenario in Fm? I can't say him that.

Pretty sure you can say something like that in that situation.

but thats not the situation you are in - He has 12 starts in 29 competitive games. We don't know how many of those starts are league games but I'm guessing maybe around 8 starts in 19 league games.

Like in this save with Atalanta, i can't explain him that he is still very important to me, he will get chance, he will still win trophies, play finals, just be patient dont' bother me every week how you want to play more! Even he is playing 3 straight games he will still complain. I hope you understand me, and that is reason why i can't accept your answers that complains are realistic

He complains because he wants & expects to play and then like hluraven has said you've lied to him.

Sorry but if you can't see he has reason to complain then its a waste of time explaining it to you :rolleyes:

Pretty sure you can say something like that in that situation.

but thats not the situation you are in - He has 12 starts in 29 competitive games. We don't know how many of those starts are league games but I'm guessing maybe around 8 starts in 19 league games.

He complains because he wants & expects to play and then like hluraven has said you've lied to him.

Sorry but if you can't see he has reason to complain then its a waste of time explaining it to you :rolleyes:

uNYSUPX.png

(...)just to reduce complains or to give us more options when talking to players who don't play.

Those two are not the same at all (not saying you said so).

Reducing the number of complaints overall isn't a good idea, as has been pointed out several times it's probably mostly down to how one manages the squad that matters.

But I'd sure like a few more options when dealing with those complaints, i.e. telling a player, who's unhappy about a promise of a new contract being broken because the demands put forward by the agent is ludicrous, just that, instead of having to say something akin to "I'm sorry, I forgot about you".

So basically, there's an option missing from the poll, "add more options to the answers (while keeping the number of complaints as is/increase them)"

Those two are not the same at all (not saying you said so).

Reducing the number of complaints overall isn't a good idea, as has been pointed out several times it's probably mostly down to how one manages the squad that matters.

But I'd sure like a few more options when dealing with those complaints, i.e. telling a player, who's unhappy about a promise of a new contract being broken because the demands put forward by the agent is ludicrous, just that, instead of having to say something akin to "I'm sorry, I forgot about you".

So basically, there's an option missing from the poll, "add more options to the answers (while keeping the number of complaints as is/increase them)"

Yes, i agree with you about that, that option should be in the poll :)

But again, i can't agree with increasing number of complaints. In my example, they have told that my team is bad squad managmet, but my team is like that for a reason. For example, i have one left wing back with good dribbling, i use him when playing home and one very good at defence for away games. And so on, i have two good players on every position so i would not call it bad squad managment. Every player as you can see on screenshot have high number of apps and every one of them is important to me. If Peruzzi as player with rotation squad status is complaining always, why Zappacosta who never play my CL group games never complain? In three seasons he played i think about 2 games in group stage every other game was played Peruzzi, and Zappa is key player. Their reputation and personality are the same. To be clear, I am not talking bad about game and i don't want game to be easy i just think that SI can find good solution for this. But ok, cougar and moderators realy know this game better than me, and if they say that nubmer of complains is ok i maybe can accept that, but then, SI can give us more options to answer like you said :)

Thats the crux of the issue though, your players don't have a high number of appearances.

You've played 29 games and the highest number of starts for any player is 17 which is akin to a rotation player. Key players would expect to be starting around 25 of those games while first teamers around 22 as long as they weren't injured.

Peruzzi in particular is low at 12 starts but it wouldn't take that much to keep him happy, had you started him in 15-17 matches rather than 12 he would probably be ok and not complain. You just haven't quite started him enough to keep him happy.

I feel that the problem here is that the complaints increase in complexity, but the answers don't. So many times does a player whinge about something and I can't give him the real answer for why he's not playing etc.

The amount of players that don't accept 7.70 average rating is 'good form' is a little high, IMHO.

• Administrators

People often complain that the AI aren't good enough at creating squads, but then on the flip side criticise the only real way in game to stop user players hoarding players? You couldn't make it up. :D

Just goes to show how many users are bad at managing their squad and want to take the easy way out because they can't be arsed to deal with the issue properly.

God help anyone that has to work for them IRL.

That's how I justify it

sure, I get that people complain (heck, work and you'll soon start complaining) but you have to understand why they're complaining

I'd quite like the option as a RL manager to actually turn off employees complaints (blah blah blah, we want more pay - blah blah blah, we want more holidays)

I think it's actually simulated well ingame, and actually think that managers would have this on a regular basis

although maybe (given the amount of complaints) a DoF-mode would work pretty well

just sign the players, having nothing to do with tactics/employees and leaving that to other members of staff - being solely judged on the types of players you sign (and how they're perceived)

-----

as a side note for Neil's post

I actually found it infuriating when I came up against Chelsea (in FM12) running a front 3 of Hazard Drogba and CR7 - how do you combat that?! - had started running my squads of 18 then, it's a lot more diverse now with that happening (not poaching everyone under the sun, and not signing the marquee names from clubs either)

but then I also found the game WAY too easy when I signed EVERY 17yo player worth over 250k in a save (had to be 17 or under, value had to be 250k or more) - there was no challenge for the youth titles, and AI clubs were almost forced into signing established names

What a stupid poll due to biased answer options.

I'm voting for more player complaints.

And funny how sensible explanations get tossed aside with "i'm winning = don't need to follow your logic". Reading the 2 "main plots" here really cracked me up, especially the dumb quote of the current poll results. :D

What a stupid poll due to biased answer options.

I'm voting for more player complaints.

And funny how sensible explanations get tossed aside with "i'm winning = don't need to follow your logic". Reading the 2 "main plots" here really cracked me up, especially the dumb quote of the current poll results. :D

Because of people like you, other forum users can't have their own opinion. Every time when somebody says what they think about game or what to change there is one or more too smart guys like you to say that their opinion is dumb. And yes, voting results are important because you can see what fans of this game want and what they think. And you are not voting for more player complaints because you realy want that but because you are one of that people who is hating other user ideas for no reason.

Because of people like you, other forum users can't have their own opinion. Every time when somebody says what they think about game or what to change there is one or more too smart guys like you to say that their opinion is dumb. And yes, voting results are important because you can see what fans of this game want and what they think. And you are not voting for more player complaints because you realy want that but because you are one of that people who is hating other user ideas for no reason.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and there is no such thing as someone who still stop you having your opinion. But you'll have to be prepared for people to not particularly agree with said opinion. I can say that, in my opinion, FM15 was the best game ever made bar none. I'd be rightly mocked for said opinion. Similarly, those who put on their tin-foil hats and say that FM is scripted are rightly ridiculed. They're welcome to have that viewpoint though.

Besides, if he was supporting your idea and instead calling other people's opinion stupid, I doubt there would be a peep out of you. The bolded part negates any kind of point your argument has too.

Some people are going to disagree with you when you post something. In fact, some might disagree vehemently. This is the internet, you need to get over people disagreeing with you.

Really? I think the problem is actually, when people are trying to reason with you and you're ignoring any factual part of the discussion, throw in some "I win, I be right!" and even have the audacity to put up a compleeetely random "check the poll, whatever you just said, I be right!".

That's some ignorant garbage.

And no, why the hell would I vote for more player complaints (just a hint, there is no such option, that's kinda the point) out of spite? I would because I think it's still far too easy to manage a squad. See, that was my opinion on it, but if someone still sees fit to waste his time explaining the problems you have with your squad and the logical reasons behind them, that's not just a yes-/no-opinion-thing. Your opinion on the topic can still be whatever it is, but don't make claims, refuse to discuss them factually and steal everyone's time.

Cant their be an option in the poll about player complaints just being worked on by SI? I see no reason to remove them unless SI decide it is a broken feature. Personally I havent really had an issue with player complaints and when it works correctly its fine, sometimes they can be an over sensitive bunch but nothing I havent been able to control. Personally I do find managing a squad of a big team (which is what I always use) pretty easy, no matter what skills /qualifications I set and would like it to be harder.

Moyes at United is a good example of how hard it should be to please top footballers if you arent a top top manager with a huge reputation.

People often complain that the AI aren't good enough at creating squads, but then on the flip side criticise the only real way in game to stop user players hoarding players? You couldn't make it up. :D

You know what else you can't make up? Players not recognizing that games in the Champions League or major domestic cups matter too. How stupid is that?

Thats the crux of the issue though, your players don't have a high number of appearances.

You've played 29 games and the highest number of starts for any player is 17 which is akin to a rotation player. Key players would expect to be starting around 25 of those games while first teamers around 22 as long as they weren't injured.

Peruzzi in particular is low at 12 starts but it wouldn't take that much to keep him happy, had you started him in 15-17 matches rather than 12 he would probably be ok and not complain. You just haven't quite started him enough to keep him happy.

I have read most of the thread now, specially your comments which were really helpful and made me look at some things differently. One thing I don't understand specially backup keepers, Ospina, Begovic, Vorm, all complain although they signed in their teams knowing this status.

I have read most of the thread now, specially your comments which were really helpful and made me look at some things differently. One thing I don't understand specially backup keepers, Ospina, Begovic, Vorm, all complain although they signed in their teams knowing this status.

because Ospina, Begovic and Vorm are all good enough to start for most other teams in their division

Begovic was a key player for midtable Stoke

Ospina was a key player for midtable Nice - and made 20 league appearances for Arsenal last season IRL

Vorm was a key player for midtable Swansea

so they're probably all set to a 'rotation' status, which means that they should expect around 10-15 league appearances per season

unfortunately, the game classifies a 'backup' player as still requiring 5-10 appearances per season (I don't actually know a precise figure, would be a rough guess) being made in a big clump [due to an injury]

due to keepers not getting injured, then the number 2 doesn't appear at all (unless you actually play him) causing frequent role fights [Cech was frequently in a fight with Mourinho by October in my saves]

also, because it's a GK, playing dross in that position really is noticeable, so you've got to have some kind of quality in there

and then players don't accept that they're joining to be backup (accepting a bench role so they can win trophies doesn't come into it) because all they want is regular football

how to improve backup keepers:

a) change the contract status, so you can actually 'verbally' agree that they'll only play 5-10 games per season when discussing a contract (so they know their opportunities are limited) - but oh no, more PR failings

b) give keepers more frequent serious injuries, so the backups can actually play (I don't think I've ever seen a keeper actually get injured while playing FM - for any period of time longer than a day or so) - but oh no, more 'injury' complaints

it's been like it for YEARS though, so I doubt it'll change in a hurry

I go with the:

'golden oldie' that I pick up for a freebie and onsell for under 1m;

or the 'up n comer' that accepts playing few games (because he's listed as hot prospect/backup) that gets a run out in a few cup games

------

as for the contracts, you've got to understand that squad status plays a HUGE part in how many games to expect

key player - will play if fit (basically) - would expect around 90% or more games [unless injured]

first team - is the first choice for the role, but would expect competition - would expect around 75% of games uninjured

rotation - probably plays the sub role, still learning his craft, or establishing within the squad - would expect the occasional start, with frequent sub appearances - around 50% of games

backup - clearly the 2nd choice, will hope to see gametime in cups / injuries - would expect around 10 games per season

hot prospect - not a classified option - will hope to break into the matchday squad, gets a run out in the cups - 5 games per season

youngster - will be hopeful to get at least 1 game this season (if at all) and may be loaned out for regular football

not needed - we want this player gone, will accept any bid

notes: I kept Kranevitter on a 4 year rotation contract without any issues in FM15

he was 2nd choice DM behind my captain (who starts if fit [within reason]) and started around 5 games per season (came on as sub around 20 times)

the only complaint I got from was a new contract in the final year of his deal, which I couldn't offer due to the lack of a WP (dammit, those pesky youths that don't kick on get me every time)

------

I've seen that most people start to complain about appearances, because they've got people tied to a squad status that outranks where you actually see them

it's like your case - you've got complaints from key players, having themselves made 17/29 appearances (a 'first team' player might be happy with that - a key player should expect at least 25 appearances, unless he's been injured)

also, bear in mind that the players aren't robots, so administer some time off training if you have a busy schedule (a day off training does wonders when you're playing 4 times in a week over BoxingDay-NewYears in the UK)

But as I said. You see in reality, the three above barely play, and signed a contract knowing they are going to play in case of an injury only.

yeah, they do

Ospina - made 20 of 38 league appearances last term for Arsenal - made 2 CL appearances so far this season

Vorm - made 15 of 52 appearances for Spurs last season - made 2 appearances so far this season (1 league, 1 cup)

Begovic - chose to 'challenge himself' by joining Chelsea - has made 10 appearances so far this season (helped massively by Courtois being out long term) - Cech made 15 appearances as Chelsea #2 last season

Ospina hasn't had a new contract since originally signing, of which it was Szczesny as his competition (and played half the league games = rotation contract to me)

Vorm has played somewhat regularly in the cups, meaning a lower-end of rotation or backup status (would lean toward rotation given his FM reputation)

Begovic would have joined with some assurances about playing in the cups/whatever, accepting a reduced playing time for the option of more league titles (likewise a lower-end rotation or backup contract)

Given an FM16 squad status of 'rotation' then they'll get WAY under what a rotation player should get, which is why I'd expect them to cause a fuss within a season or two

Begovic might get lucky if AI Chelsea don't sign anyone, as he'd get a load of appearances while Courtois is out, appeasing him for the first season

Having all these moaning players (about three that I can see) has really hampered your league form. Champions League winner with Atalanta by 2018? An unbeaten start to the season through 19 games?

But yes, a couple of moaning players is the unrealistic part of all this :rolleyes:

But as I said. You see in reality, the three above barely play, and signed a contract knowing they are going to play in case of an injury only.

Keepers are no different to any other position on the pitch. Depending on the squad status and then modified by the likes of rep, ability, hidden attributes they still want to play.

As samdiatmh has pointed already pointed out saying that your three examples barely play is simply wrong.

Ospina played 23 times for Arsenal in the 14/15 season and Wenger is trying to keep both him & Cech happy this season by playing Cech in the league & Ospina in the Cups/Europe. More recently its looking like Cech is starting to take over as no 1 and there are already rumours circling that Ospina could be moving on possibly in January but more likely the end of the season.

Begovic as samdiatmh put chose to challenge himself by joining Chelsea knowing that Courtois would probably be number 1 but he also knew that Cech as no 2 had started 13 games the previous season (28% of matches) meaning he would more than likely get a chance to prove himself. The way its worked out he is getting games at the moment with Courtois injured, how many games and how happy he is with that is something we'll see further down the line.

Vorm I know less about but from samdiatmh's post above 15 starts in 52 matches is again him starting in 29% of matches. He is probably in a different position to the other two as Lloris is a much clearer No 1 atm and Vorm is also much older (32yo, Lloris 28yo). He is still starting a fair few matches though, ok they might be against lower league opposition in the cups & the odd league game due to injury but he seems fairly happy with his overall situation.

Within FM you have to get used to managing two keepers. Whether this is by having two no 1 keepers and rotating them or by having a no 1 & no 2 you have to allow your second keeper to have games and this means having confidence in him. The second keeper could be an up & coming younger player 20-25yo or it could be someone at the other end of his career who is winding down but you should always be looking to give them some gametime.

If you look at my career thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/428745-FM15-quot-I-ve-Never-Played-for-a-Draw-in-my-Life-quot You'll see from the end of season reviews that my no 2 keeper always gets plenty of game time (Unless I'm looking to move him on).

The big problem with complaints in my view is how quickly the player forgets them if you move them on.

I had a fantastic young striker called Urdaniz at Athletic Bilbao. He started to demand a move to a bigger club, but as he had 4 years left on the contract and a 60 million clause I saw no reason to sell him (and as Athletic, there was no chance of signing a player as good. He started to become really frustrated, and was eventually “freed” when Man City paid the 60 million. Half a year later he was showing up in the scouting list even after filtrating out the unrealistic targets (he had been brilliant at City as well, so nothing to do with lack of playing time), so I ended up paying 90 million to sign him back. Around a year later I got 30 million bids on him, and he started to be irritated again because he wanted to move on.

I can find it realistic that a player change their mind and wants to go home again, but he should know that I am nowhere near willing to sell him, and not re-sign if he wasn’t willing to stay for a few years. I also keep a rotating lineup of reserve goalkeepers as they don’t get enough playing time. I can easily sign the same player multiple times even if he is angry everytime he leaves.

I want them increased, I don't think there's enough

I haven't had an issue with my squad EVER on FM15 (ran 4 seasons)

the only complaint coming after I sold 2 first teamers in quick succession (and quickly replaced them, appeasing the problem child)

as #9 says, all this version has proven is that some people can't manage a squad correctly (and it's painfully obvious that they can't)

I also like the fact that the same people that complain about this also complain about a 'lack of realism' within the game

After originally ranting, i'll just be productive.

My main issue with the player complaints is often the timing. I took over a new team and after three games of the season i had a player complaining. He'd played all 3 games!

Another thing is the way unhappiness spreads throughout the squad. If a young player who thinks he's better than he is comes asking for a first team spot and i turn him down, the whole squad shouldn't be unhappy about it when i've only been there three games. Admittedly i easily diffused the situation but i just don't want to be spending my time doing this.

My god, this forum is so elitist. Anyone comes in with a problem and they get insulted with poor tactics, poor squad management or just being a poor manager. It's getting pathetic

So are you saying people shouldn't point out where others are going wrong when they have a problem?

Some are elitist, and some go way to the other end of the spectrum. Then there's everyone else - the vast majority - in between. It's the internet...you'd think some people had never been outside if they can't handle someone disagreeing with them on a forum for a game.

You can't seriously be suggesting that it's too much of an ask to want both improvements to AI squad management and less annoying player complaints? This is like saying, "People often complain about criminals, but then on the flip side criticise the police for shooting suspects on sight."

You can't seriously be suggesting that it's too much of an ask to want both improvements to AI squad management and less annoying player complaints? This is like saying, "People often complain about criminals, but then on the flip side criticise the police for shooting suspects on sight."

But the player complaints are legitimate 99% of the time so why would they want to reduce them.

As has been pointed out several times, if anything they should be increased.

You missed the point. You ARE going to get complaints. It's not going to go away. The buggy complaints will just get worked on.

Also, it is stopping us from creating unrealistic super squads, while at the same time the AI gets improved every year. Surely having both are a good thing?

But the player complaints are legitimate 99% of the time so why would they want to reduce them.

As has been pointed out several times, if anything they should be increased.

First, that's not the argument I'm responding to. Second, I don't know where you pull your statistics from.

Edit: You know what, forget it. I'll show myself out of the echo chamber.

First, that's not the argument I'm responding to. Second, I don't know where you pull your statistics from.

I've had two saves on this version of FM and I've looked at saves from at least 10 different people this year who claim to have this "bug".

I haven't once seen a complaint that wasn't legitimate from all those saves.

I've changed my opinion on this. Initially I thought the complaints were overboard. They aren't, as has been said it comes down to player management and not making promises you don't intend to keep. Not handing out "key status" to everyone so you can afford their wages helps.

I do think that the game should offer more info up on this though. Especially when you squad becomes unhappy because you don't give somebody a new contract.

20 yr old complains that he wants 1st team football. He has a point so I tell him that I'm prepared to give him a chance. I start him in 4 out of the next 5 games, he plays at 6.2 5.9 6.3 & 6.1 I drop him again. Awhile later he accuses me of not keeping my word and throws his teddy in the corner. Now I admit that this can happen if the player is a total dick but FM doesn't give me the tools to deal with it properly. If I tell him I can't have an underperforming player in the team he says that he doesn't care about that, well I bloody care and I'm sure that the fans, board and the rest of the team care but where is the option to tell him that? When a player who is way down in the pecking order demands 1st team football when the player / players ahead of him are doing well where is the option to say something like ' (player A ) and (player B ) are ahead of you at the moment, when I think you can challenge for their places I will give you some play time' or '(player A) is no.1 at the moment, to give you what you want I have to drop him. Go and explain to him why you should be in the 1st team ahead of him and when he & the rest of the team for that matter stop laughing I'll give you my decision'.

I am not talking about top players here that are in genuine competition for the place but players who are set as backups. They should know that the only realistic chance of them getting 1st team football is in cup games or through injuries. I feel that the game doesn't take the squad status into account enough in this respect.

How about having a chat to warning him about his poor performances after the 3rd or 4th game? Not sure if that would have helped him realise he's being unreasonable but it might have at least made you feel like you'd given him fair warning that he isn't good enough.

When I've had this happen the player usually asks to leave because he's not up to the standard required, what I didn't like is that it still counted as player unhappy at me/the club. Like it's our fault he isn't good enough & has to drop down a division or two before he looks like a decent footballer.

How about having a chat to warning him about his poor performances after the 3rd or 4th game? Not sure if that would have helped him realise he's being unreasonable but it might have at least made you feel like you'd given him fair warning that he isn't good enough.

When I've had this happen the player usually asks to leave because he's not up to the standard required, what I didn't like is that it still counted as player unhappy at me/the club. Like it's our fault he isn't good enough & has to drop down a division or two before he looks like a decent footballer.

You normally can't speak to them again for awhile because your last conversation was pretty recent, which is probably another issue that could use some tweaking.

I just hate the complaints or meetings you have with players when a club hasn't even put in a bid yet, or even an enquiry. Those ones just make no sense. It's especially annoying when you are a smaller club doing well, big clubs become interested, then the player says he wants to leave, but there is no bid..

I just hate the complaints or meetings you have with players when a club hasn't even put in a bid yet, or even an enquiry. Those ones just make no sense. It's especially annoying when you are a smaller club doing well, big clubs become interested, then the player says he wants to leave, but there is no bid..

It's annoying, but there's nothing wrong with it. The player is trying to guarantee that he will get a move when the club bids.

That one makes the game exploitably easy. Just say you will ask a bid if it meets your valuation, the player will love you for it. Then set the asking price to something ridiculous, no bids will come in, and the player will be even happier with you come deadline day. That way you can keep morale high, and keep players that should be forcing moves to bigger clubs as they will be willing to sign long-term contracts immediately on the deadline passing.

In over 30 seasons of a level 6 to Premier save it has never once failed to work, and that is an exploit.

The game needs to offer more info. I should really tell the user what a "key player" should expect.

If a player complaint is likely to inflame the squad, a nod from the ASTM would be nice. I had that with a player asking for his second payrise in 6 months, I said yes the first time and no the second. The squad were unhappy with me.

There should be an option to talk to a player before signing the contract on how much he feels he should be playing.

Possibly some feedback from scouts on how likely the player is to honour the terms of the contract.

That one makes the game exploitably easy. Just say you will ask a bid if it meets your valuation, the player will love you for it. Then set the asking price to something ridiculous, no bids will come in, and the player will be even happier with you come deadline day. That way you can keep morale high, and keep players that should be forcing moves to bigger clubs as they will be willing to sign long-term contracts immediately on the deadline passing.

In over 30 seasons of a level 6 to Premier save it has never once failed to work, and that is an exploit.

What if the player then comes back unhappy that you've priced him too high and out of a move, that tactic can sometimes backfire on you.

Because it's a game.

Thats no excuse tbh.

SI have always been very clear that they lean more towards the simulation end of the market and as such want the game to be as realistic as possible. Managing includes dealing with staff & players and their different personalities, it adds a lot to the depth of FM for very little additional time or effort if your squad is managed effectively.

What if the player then comes back unhappy that you've priced him too high and out of a move, that tactic can sometimes backfire on you.

It's never once happened, which is one of the problems. In the entire time I played FM15, around 2,000 hours and maybe 100 seasons total across multiple clubs and levels, this worked 100% in all bar one single case. That one time, the player said "I want a contract with a minimum fee release clause then", which I gave him as the release clause was high enough to not be a problem.

In every single interaction, the player liked me more despite my having no intention of letting them go, and never once having to.

Thats no excuse tbh.

SI have always been very clear that they lean more towards the simulation end of the market and as such want the game to be as realistic as possible. Managing includes dealing with staff & players and their different personalities, it adds a lot to the depth of FM for very little additional time or effort if your squad is managed effectively.

Then transfer negotiations and contract negotiations should be removed from the game, because a head coach would not do these things.

Attribute stats need removing, because players do not come with cards telling you how fast they are.

The realism argument is only ever brought up when it supports things you like.

Then transfer negotiations and contract negotiations should be removed from the game, because a head coach would not do these things.

Attribute stats need removing, because players do not come with cards telling you how fast they are.

The realism argument is only ever brought up when it supports things you like.

Thats a really unfair comment tbh.

Many managers do have input into transfers & contracts but I wouldn't be opposed to the negotiation being moved to other staff. Chances are in FM16 we'll see the DOF role expanded upon and I'm hoping thats the direction SI will take where the manager has some input but not 100%.

Attributes are an area that is slightly different. Despite the fact that we get numbers in FM there is very little reason a RL manager couldn't do that for his own players if he so wished, hell maybe some do with spreadsheets for all we know. That said there have been several discussions this year about putting the attributes "under the hood" and giving the user a less absolute overall player view.

I even argued for it and I would be perfectly happy to play with just the coaches reports & the attribute polygon to give me a view of the player.

So are you saying people shouldn't point out where others are going wrong when they have a problem?

Not at all, and some of you are good at explaining what people are doing wrong. It's the people who come here and laugh and say "Wow, you have a problem? You must suck at tactics/squad management". How is that helpful at all.

All they are doing is acting like the big kahuna and that just irritates people who are trying to learn.

(None of this is personal to you Cougar.)

Archived