[FM2016] E23 - England to Level 23

A few things I've noticed when running this database:

* The managers don't 'recycle'. I've faffed and edited so pretty much everyone in the lower leagues is a potential manager. This has solved the issue of clubs never appointing a manager and the club remaining unplayable thereafter. However, I've also noticed that managers already in the database don't ever get another job after leaving a club. For example David Hillier, who leaves Almondsbury on day one of every test save, never gets another job. This happens to quite a few of them, meaning these managers become quickly redundant to the database and by January clubs are stealing managers from other clubs rather than appoint unemployed ones. I think this is because in the database these managers have attributes set at a default zero. This could do with being addressed to prevent manager bottleneck, but I appreciate it's very time consuming.

* It is too unchallenging. I've only lost one game so far, I play with a very basic 4-4-2 direct tactic. I work from home most days and find I'm paying more attention to work (which should never happen) than I am to FM as it's undemanding at Level 10, more so than FM15. If this could be addressed that would be great.

* Manager appointments are unrealistic. I think this is more an SI thing than anything to do with this database, but halfway through my first season I'm the hot favourite for practically every job going. Even Altrincham, who are in the conference, have me as their preferred choice, after half a season at Level 10 and with no playing experience or coaching badges. Similarly, managers are often leaving top of the table clubs for clubs near the bottom of the same league (Neil Young always quits Stockport for Oxford City for example). In short, I think the SI decision to do away with Newgen managers has really screwed expanded database users over.

* Media. At Level 10 I'm interacting a lot with unrealistic media (Darko Sonovabitch from European Football Gazette asking me about an Ossett Town left back, for example). Is there any possibility the sub-Level 9 media could be more realistic (local papers, Non League Paper etc)? At Level 11 there should be no media at all. Or is this way too time consuming?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's because they automatically get a rep based on the First Team's rep. If you lower the Reserves/U21/18 team rep it lowers the First Team's. When I've tried to do it, saving the file resets the lowered rep to the original figure.

Yeah, I think they do, when I was running tests on my FM14 file, after a Level 11 reserve team got promoted to Level 10, from their original reputation of 375, it increased to the first team reputation, and they were 2-3 times higher than the other Level 10 teams.

I know a work around with reserve teams now so when I test my FM16 file they should stay similar to the rest of the teams in the division/level.

South West Peninsula has been created, I've also changed the average ticket prices at Levels 10 & 11 and have also taken the reputation of the FA Vase down so that shouldn't make the winners rep increase.

I'm looking at adding 2 or 3 northern based leagues tonight/tomorrow.

It's still looking like a Sunday AM release for Level 11

* The managers don't 'recycle'. I've faffed and edited so pretty much everyone in the lower leagues is a potential manager. This has solved the issue of clubs never appointing a manager and the club remaining unplayable thereafter. However, I've also noticed that managers already in the database don't ever get another job after leaving a club. For example David Hillier, who leaves Almondsbury on day one of every test save, never gets another job. This happens to quite a few of them, meaning these managers become quickly redundant to the database and by January clubs are stealing managers from other clubs rather than appoint unemployed ones. I think this is because in the database these managers have attributes set at a default zero. This could do with being addressed to prevent manager bottleneck, but I appreciate it's very time consuming.

* It is too unchallenging. I've only lost one game so far, I play with a very basic 4-4-2 direct tactic. I work from home most days and find I'm paying more attention to work (which should never happen) than I am to FM as it's undemanding at Level 10, more so than FM15. If this could be addressed that would be great.

* Manager appointments are unrealistic. I think this is more an SI thing than anything to do with this database, but halfway through my first season I'm the hot favourite for practically every job going. Even Altrincham, who are in the conference, have me as their preferred choice, after half a season at Level 10 and with no playing experience or coaching badges. Similarly, managers are often leaving top of the table clubs for clubs near the bottom of the same league (Neil Young always quits Stockport for Oxford City for example). In short, I think the SI decision to do away with Newgen managers has really screwed expanded database users over.

* Media. At Level 10 I'm interacting a lot with unrealistic media (Darko Sonovabitch from European Football Gazette asking me about an Ossett Town left back, for example). Is there any possibility the sub-Level 9 media could be more realistic (local papers, Non League Paper etc)? At Level 11 there should be no media at all. Or is this way too time consuming?

All the issues you noticed are absolutely true, I add the super-team issue, but in general all of these make the expanded database quite unchallenging and not realistic. I don't think that these are issue we could settle, I think they're mostly related with SI. As a last test I have started a save with bedworth at level 7. They have very low wage budget and are tipped to be relegated...after 5 matches I've got 5 wins...if even this ends in a boring unchallenged run through the promotion, I think i'll revert to the default database...it's a pity because Dan has done a great job with this file

The manager issue is frustrating for me, it's difficult to sort it out.

Media wise yes I will look into adding local media outlets

Hia Jam. i had the same problem with 4andyMUFV lvl 9 files also. cant semem to get the fa's to play at wembley no matter how i change it. With dan file i have not changed anything. Gonna wait until he releases hopefully the full set then i can tweek it for my own purpose :) hopefully it wont take long for him to make what he plan on doing. Not sure if i can assist him in anyway either.

I have just gone on holiday for a year whilst taking over level 10 Exmouth. Checked Wembley, and all the finals are there as normal 'Vase, Trophy, Cup, plus playoffs' just like Jam. I can only conclude it seems to be something happening to you, though not sure what, unless you are running other mods which may effect it.

if even this ends in a boring unchallenged run through the promotion, I think i'll revert to the default database...it's a pity because Dan has done a great job with this file

Exactly. I've sacked my save off. 20 points clear at the top of the table at the beginning of Feb I found I was no longer even watching matches. I've gone back to the vanilla database for the time being.

The unrealistic manager issue in FM16 is awful, in my opinion. For example, in the standard database ex-Arsenal clogger John Jensen has just left some Danish second division side to take over at Cork City. This lack of realism is a serious immersion breaker, and it also affects Classen's excellent world database, with clubs in many nations never appointing a manager. I get the feeling from responses in bugs threads that it may never be resolved, and all the good work done on database expansions such as this one will essentially be wasted.

I have just looked at the finances & there are big problems in the lower leagues. All the high divisions up to & including most level 8 sides seem to have set prices for ticket prices & season ticket ones, but lower than this there are none & sides have zero next to them. What seems to be happening is the average prices in these leagues seem to be given £16 p/m & high season ticket prices.

Boston Utd - Level 6 has £12pm, plus £173 season ticket.

Bedworth - Level 7 has £7p/m & £105p/s

Barnstaple - Level 10 has £16p/m & £228p/s

Wells -Level 11 has £16p/m & £240p/s

Meaning the lower you are down the pyramid the more that seems to get charged.

I am not sure about the other fiancés.

I have just looked at the finances & there are big problems in the lower leagues. All the high divisions up to & including most level 8 sides seem to have set prices for ticket prices & season ticket ones, but lower than this there are none & sides have zero next to them. What seems to be happening is the average prices in these leagues seem to be given £16 p/m & high season ticket prices.

Boston Utd - Level 6 has £12pm, plus £173 season ticket.

Bedworth - Level 7 has £7p/m & £105p/s

Barnstaple - Level 10 has £16p/m & £228p/s

Wells -Level 11 has £16p/m & £240p/s

Meaning the lower you are down the pyramid the more that seems to get charged.

I am not sure about the other fiancés.

I've now set ticket prices for every club at Level 10 & 11

You haven't got any other mods running at the same time have you, as this can sometimes effect a file. Just seems strange one of you has the problem whilst the other doesn't.

the only other files i have running along side with test is the susie real name change's. no other editor files of anykind. That is also why i think this is quite strange bug.

My first visit to Burgess Hill. Going down on the train.

Any good pubs in Burgess Hill?

There is in the town centre although nearest station to the ground is Wivelsfield.

Outside Burgess Hill station there is the Railway (Greene King), just up the Hill (1 minute walk) there is the Burgess Hill Inn. Walking into town you will see Quench Bar on the corner (expensive but a good selection),further into town you will see Jacobs Post (Wetherspoons wannabe but worse than Spoons!) and the Six Gold Martlets (Wetherspoons).

Can give you directions to walk from the town to the ground and you will come accross the Windmill on the way to the ground, walking from the town to the ground is about 15 minutes.

Because Brighton are playing away I'm heading down there pre match

Good work, I tried that, and still clubs chose to poach managers from other clubs (paying up to 10k compo) and ignored the 400 suitable lower league managers in the database. If you can persuade the game to actually appoint unemployed managers, hats off to you.

I've emailed that Humber Prem info. Only thing I'm missing is a couple of nicknames, but there should be enough there to get the league in the database. Cheers for this.

Good work, I tried that, and still clubs chose to poach managers from other clubs (paying up to 10k compo) and ignored the 400 suitable lower league managers in the database. If you can persuade the game to actually appoint unemployed managers, hats off to you.

I've emailed that Humber Prem info. Only thing I'm missing is a couple of nicknames, but there should be enough there to get the league in the database. Cheers for this.

Nicknames aren't that important really, I can just add those to a later database

There is in the town centre although nearest station to the ground is Wivelsfield.

Outside Burgess Hill station there is the Railway (Greene King), just up the Hill (1 minute walk) there is the Burgess Hill Inn. Walking into town you will see Quench Bar on the corner (expensive but a good selection),further into town you will see Jacobs Post (Wetherspoons wannabe but worse than Spoons!) and the Six Gold Martlets (Wetherspoons).

Can give you directions to walk from the town to the ground and you will come accross the Windmill on the way to the ground, walking from the town to the ground is about 15 minutes.

Because Brighton are playing away I'm heading down there pre match

Cheers Dan. Most our support who are on the coach will probably be in The Windmill so expect I'll go there pre match after a quick pint in town.

So I've added in average ticket prices but they aren't showing in game, not sure what's going on here.

Same thing happened to me when I edited them (as posted earlier in this thread). Even though the editor states the correct ticket price, the game still says £16 p/m, or £300 season pass, or whatever. I also noticed that when I put in a stadium move to take place at the end of the 15/16 season (to reflect a real-life stadium move for the club I chose to manage), the season didn't 'update' at the end, as in no league fixtures were generated for the following season, it just carried on without a season finish. Mental.

Good work with the Humber League though, Dan. Very grateful for all this, great job.

great dan i'll test it, how did you sort the reputation issue? did you lower the level 10-level 11 rep?

Just made a first test, unfortunately the 'hardcoded issues' are still there...at level 11 i've got price ticket set at 18gbp and season ticket around 180gbp, really too high...moreover i've managed to pull togheter an incredible team of 35-ca average players, many of them are the same i've bought at level 10, level 7 and even level 6...of course now i've got an (amateur) team that will cruise without any problem for the first 3-4 seasons...it's difficult to understand why such a strong players are available to play at level 11, without any wage in an amateur club...i think it's not only down to reputation, that seems to be fairly set at 200...

Just made a first test, unfortunately the 'hardcoded issues' are still there...at level 11 i've got price ticket set at 18gbp and season ticket around 180gbp, really too high...moreover i've managed to pull togheter an incredible team of 35-ca average players, many of them are the same i've bought at level 10, level 7 and even level 6...of course now i've got an (amateur) team that will cruise without any problem for the first 3-4 seasons...it's difficult to understand why such a strong players are available to play at level 11, without any wage in an amateur club...i think it's not only down to reputation, that seems to be fairly set at 200...

I'm doing an experiment in which I use the editor to alter all my squad to 13-15 year old lads all with CA of 1. Guess what - we're still top of the league! This is with this L10 file but I did it with 2 other LL files (L8 and L10) with the same outcome.

I went on Holiday thorugh the first season, of course I won the League by 19 points, even if I managed somehow to lose 5 matches...when promoted the following happened: rep up from 210 to 524 (a good level 9 level instead of a 300 level 10 new-boy level), the club went semi-pro (this is ok), the wage budget was fixed in 100k gbp (absolutely over the top)...the result is that I'll have another super-team, and even if the board expects a mid table finish I'm sure I'll be promoted again...something definitely broken with the hardcode over the seasons...

Might have to use FMRTE (or official in-game editor??) to keep the rep/finances etc within challengeable limits.

the true problem is that if you are forced to under-spend you budget or to avoid buying the good players or to self-lower the rep, it's a bit of a trick, it doesn't make sense in my opinion...

the true problem is that if you are forced to under-spend you budget or to avoid buying the good players or to self-lower the rep, it's a bit of a trick, it doesn't make sense in my opinion...

it'sa pity beacuse dan's work is absolutely great, in the level 11 update there are further cups, really involving