[FM2016] E23 - England to Level 23

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok i have a formation called hellokitty, its not a **** take, i am unbeaten so far scoring 3 plus per game, the formation is from fm 15 which i used to get sevenoaks to the prem

Don't get that much time to play but let's keep posted...see how we get on .. btw just lost my first game....outplayed Steyning and then got hit by a sucker punch

oh ok i have a formation called hellokitty, its not a **** take, i am unbeaten so far scoring 3 plus per game, the formation is from fm 15 which i used to get sevenoaks to the prem

That worked wonders getting my Lowestoft Town team to 2nd in the PL and latter stages of the Champ League in FM15. Hoping to start a game as Fortaleza in Brazil in FM16. Did you have to change much/anything?

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this when I'm done with my current savegame. I had a cursory look at your file in the editor last night. I was looking to see what the starting CAs of players included in the db were. Without giving too much away, it seemed to me that they didn't change much from level 10 to about level 7. That suggests to me that if you get promoted from Level 10, the next 2 seasons at least should be pretty easy. Is that fair comment or not? :)

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this when I'm done with my current savegame. I had a cursory look at your file in the editor last night. I was looking to see what the starting CAs of players included in the db were. Without giving too much away, it seemed to me that they didn't change much from level 10 to about level 7. That suggests to me that if you get promoted from Level 10, the next 2 seasons at least should be pretty easy. Is that fair comment or not? :)

it's a fair comment. It's not down to this file, it should be related with the reputation of the clubs, but it surely makes the challenge a bit naif, since a level 10 human manager is able to build up a first class team that can cruise through the divisions against teams stuck into their initial 10-CA bench of players...

Enjoying this so far, onto my second season with Hollands & Blair (Southern Counties League East) Level 9

I've got a slight problem though I'm getting jobs offers almost daily from pretty much every team in Level 7, 8, 9 and 10

I'm not sure why I'm getting so many/I'm doing pretty well but not to warrant this much attention (and have no plans to leave the club)

Is there any way I can ignore these or only see them if a higher league team comes in for me?

Enjoying this so far, onto my second season with Hollands & Blair (Southern Counties League East) Level 9

I've got a slight problem though I'm getting jobs offers almost daily from pretty much every team in Level 7, 8, 9 and 10

I'm not sure why I'm getting so many/I'm doing pretty well but not to warrant this much attention (and have no plans to leave the club)

Is there any way I can ignore these or only see them if a higher league team comes in for me?

I wonder if it's because all those clubs start with no manager. Did you tick 'add staff' to all clubs?

I wonder if it's because all those clubs start with no manager. Did you tick 'add staff' to all clubs?

No I didn't, that might be it...but most if not all teams I've seen level 9 and 10 have appointed not just managers but full teams of staff anyway

It's when that manager gets sacked they seem to come after me

EDIT: I've just thought I did win the FA Vase first season so that may of boosted my rep a bit much or something?

Cept for that I haven't done much, knocked out of the league cup, mid table in the league

Started as Sunday League Footballer/No coaching qualifications

This is great work.

Unfortunately FM16 doesn't create NewGen managers like FM15 did. All of the clubs without a manager never appoint one, as there doesn't seem to be enough managers in the database to go round. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that whenever I apply for one of these jobs I'm told "the interview process is over", even though they've had no manager since the start of the game. The result is that practically all of the Level 10 clubs remain managerless AND unplayable throughout.

Is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve adding a manager to every club via the editor? I've tried it with and without key staff added, same difference.

Aye, it's game breaking. SI have, for some reason, made custom databases very difficult by withdrawing NewGen managers.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I did some faffing about with the database. I made a lot of unemployed low-rep, Step 9 and 10 coaching staff into managers, with sufficiently low CA and rep (around the 10 mark). I did the same with a lot of seriously old, lower non-league players who were unattached. These people now begin the game as unemployed, lower non-league managers. I also amended the existing reps of some unemployed non-league managers (example Mitch Cook, who has managed exclusively at Step 10, had a rep befitting a Step 7 manager). I then holidayed a season, and find that it definitely runs better with these people as unemployed managers at the start of the game. They all got jobs and this eased the bottlenecking, meaning most Step 10 clubs remained 'playable' and with realistic managers.

The only problem I found with this is that managers kept hopping clubs. Some managers had three jobs within one season. I put this down to the fact that there were still too few non-league managers in the database. Clubs had little choice but to steal a manager from another club because there were no unemployed managers. I've got a couple of hours free this afternoon during which I'll go through the Step 10 clubs and find the ones who already have a member of coaching staff, or a veteran player, and make them managers of the same club. This should ease pressure even further whilst maintaining realism at Step 10.

If it'll help you any Dan I can send you this editied version of your database so you can have a look and see if it's useful to you. Rather than add fake managers to clubs I reckon if you just add fake managers to the database, Step 10 clubs will then appoint them anyway if they are of low CA / rep. Level 11 clubs may need managers adding, though.

The problem I can see going forward, without NewGen managers, is that the game doesn't seem to recognise anything beyond it's vanilla, non-edited database, so when you're ten seasons in to a save you might find the game is not generating enough new managers from retired players to replace the managers who retire. God. FM16, eh?

Aye, it's game breaking. SI have, for some reason, made custom databases very difficult by withdrawing NewGen managers.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I did some faffing about with the database. I made a lot of unemployed low-rep, Step 9 and 10 coaching staff into managers, with sufficiently low CA and rep (around the 10 mark). I did the same with a lot of seriously old, lower non-league players who were unattached. These people now begin the game as unemployed, lower non-league managers. I also amended the existing reps of some unemployed non-league managers (example Mitch Cook, who has managed exclusively at Step 10, had a rep befitting a Step 7 manager). I then holidayed a season, and find that it definitely runs better with these people as unemployed managers at the start of the game. They all got jobs and this eased the bottlenecking, meaning most Step 10 clubs remained 'playable' and with realistic managers.

The only problem I found with this is that managers kept hopping clubs. Some managers had three jobs within one season. I put this down to the fact that there were still too few non-league managers in the database. Clubs had little choice but to steal a manager from another club because there were no unemployed managers. I've got a couple of hours free this afternoon during which I'll go through the Step 10 clubs and find the ones who already have a member of coaching staff, or a veteran player, and make them managers of the same club. This should ease pressure even further whilst maintaining realism at Step 10.

If it'll help you any Dan I can send you this editied version of your database so you can have a look and see if it's useful to you. Rather than add fake managers to clubs I reckon if you just add fake managers to the database, Step 10 clubs will then appoint them anyway if they are of low CA / rep. Level 11 clubs may need managers adding, though.

The problem I can see going forward, without NewGen managers, is that the game doesn't seem to recognise anything beyond it's vanilla, non-edited database, so when you're ten seasons in to a save you might find the game is not generating enough new managers from retired players to replace the managers who retire. God. FM16, eh?

If you could send me the file that'd be amazing, it was on my mind to change a lot of the low rep coaches to become managers and see how that'd work

I tried both your and andy's database, both are great improvements to the game and run perfectly but...fm16 doesn't help in making them truly playable...two gamebreaking issues: the lack of suitable managers and staff (not only during the game but even at the beginning, the last year we had many more) and one that you can spot only holidaying the game and then analysing it...over the season, without any apparent reason, some random clubs suddenly become barca-like...you'll find an average 70-ca bunch of players at a 'normal' level 9 or level 10 team...usually you spot them by checking the fa vase roll of honour...since they're clearly overpowered they usually play the final...I spotted in wessex premier division a Lymington that begin the game with a normal reputation and regular lower league players, end the first season mid table, then out of the blue win the following season their league with 40 wins out of 40...and you can understand it because they field many 90-ca players, players that would be good even for league clubs...this was a problem even the past year, but this year it seems quite impossible to tackle, even because at level 9 and 10 you haven't playoff, so it's quite impossible to be promoted...and if you wander through the divisions you'll find many of this teams...really annoying...

try signing the right players there are plenty out there, you have to have the right formation, if you dont know your players at lower levels the is no point, its about pace and finishing even if it 5 or 6

.??? Are you answering me??? What do you mean by 'try signing the right players'??? When you have. 20k budget per year you do not attract a 90-ca player, do you? I have the right players, my team develops at a standard rate, the issue regards some ai teams (random because in different tests they are different) and it's game-breaking, because even if you are a market fox such teams will field players of another level!!! Try and check, then report back...

yes, i am try 175 pounds per week as a budget, for the whole club then come back an say you tried, i have a team at level 10 with MY players in the fa cup 2nd rd proper and various other cups, i know about lower leagues very well. THANKS

Oh and just for the record 20k budget a year whats that wages or transfers i got neither my friend

I won the Champions League in my first season with AFC Chipping Sodbury Ladies Under Fours. I had a budget of two bags of sawdust, and was playing it on a laptop made out of wood. I used a tactic based around four wing backs, all of them had high Agility stats, and did my team talks in Latin.

yes, i am try 175 pounds per week as a budget, for the whole club then come back an say you tried, i have a team at level 10 with MY players in the fa cup 2nd rd proper and various other cups, i know about lower leagues very well. THANKS

Oh and just for the record 20k budget a year whats that wages or transfers i got neither my friend

Postmanci accept you are the best llm ever, but please stop provide samples of your ability and check the issue i highlighted. I'm not interested in your exploits, since me too are still able to set up a good team, i'm interested in what seems a great bug, since some teams suddenly are graced by super-players and win leagues in a row...it's not a problem for me, it's a problem for the game, so if you have some explanation or adverse evidence on this please provide me i'd be happy to solve it...

I won the Champions League in my first season with AFC Chipping Sodbury Ladies Under Fours. I had a budget of two bags of sawdust, and was playing it on a laptop made out of wood. I used a tactic based around four wing backs, all of them had high Agility stats, and did my team talks in Latin.

You were lucky.

When I managed Godawful FC in the West by Northwest Yorkshire League Division Forty-two, I had me squad sleep in hole in t'ground and get up at ten o'clock at night, half-hour before they went to bed, then train twenty-five hours a day, eight days a week, for tuppence every two months. And did they complain? Never.

But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'...

You were lucky.

When I managed Godawful FC in the West by Northwest Yorkshire League Division Forty-two, I had me squad sleep in hole in t'ground and get up at ten o'clock at night, half-hour before they went to bed, then train twenty-five hours a day, eight days a week, for tuppence every two months. And did they complain? Never.

But you try and tell the young people of today that... and they won't believe ya'...

Aye. Excellent riposte! :applause:

jam and postman, cut the sniping please, no need for it.

What sniping? Instead of answering something about the issues we arise you talk of sniping? Is this a primary school or a forum to discuss about the game? Do you have any feedback about the lack of LLM managers or about the mad super-teams?

New link on first post, update on Level 10 database, haven't done any editing today, will restart tomorrow

Hello.

First of all, congrats on a great job done.

Second, a small intrusion if you don't mind. Will Bamburgh Castle F.C. be a playable team in your update of lower league?

Cheers.

Jan - haven't seen the second bug yet but Ill look out for it. What is now turning into an issue though is the fact that the CA doesn't seem to improve between level 10 and 7. After being competitive (winning the title) but having to work in Level 10 my team in season 2 is absolutely creaming everyone. Ive won every game in every competition til the end of October including knocking out a level 7 team (Farsley) 4-1 away. As soon as I go on holiday ( I tested this) I start to lose or draw so I suppose some of it is due to team choice and tactics but still its shouldnt be this easy. Thinking Ill probably have tow rite off the next season or two until Vanarama.