[FM2016] E23 - England to Level 23

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

I will be doing a youth challenge with my youth intakes when they join on season 1 until then i have to sign atleast some players for season 1

Why? You can set it so all clubs have available players in them. Should get around 30 players, with over half 16-17 years old. Then get rid of the older ones if you only want youths.

On 11/08/2016 at 19:25, YOUNGSTEVE said:

Depends how hard you make it. Play a game using the players you inherit, & if found by a scout only sign ones in the locality. Have not signed a player all season. Mainly due to not being able to gain a scout all season, despite advertising all season. Also play blocking out all the attributes, & evaluate the players abilities by your coaches, & how they perform. Makes a great game. Currently in first season with four games left, topping the table, but all matches have been tight, & could have easily been at the bottom end if luck had gone against me. Never could understand why anyone wants to play right down in the lower leagues, & just breeze through each division with no opposition. Would be so boring.

I am not suggesting people have to play like this, but you can make the game interesting & challenging, even at these levels, if you want to.

Thanks - I already play that way. 

On a separate note, is the stadium capacity bug appearing within this file?  It's a hold over from the main game where there are minimum capacity rules in any leagues, forcing clubs to have seats added but in fact the additional seats end up as the capacity of the ground (clearly wrong but not being fixed until FM17).

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly getting through updating the leagues, once this is done I will look at adding new leagues into the structure. I will be making a new thread later tonight with the details for the new file.

Edited by Dan BHTFC

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to use this download in conjunction with sortitoutsi's live updates to update player movements etc from the latest transfer window? I've tried loading the two together but England Level 23 seems to take priority as none of the transfers have updated (Van Persie still at Man Utd for example)

9 hours ago, lunarstablos said:

Is there a way to use this download in conjunction with sortitoutsi's live updates to update player movements etc from the latest transfer window? I've tried loading the two together but England Level 23 seems to take priority as none of the transfers have updated (Van Persie still at Man Utd for example)

I've had to do it the long way round and add as many transfers etc manually.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

I got the latest update from the passion4fm site, the down to level 24 one, and loaded it up on the Editor to change the name of Sheffield. After that when I went to test the rules to get it verified again it gave me an error saying: "Eastern Counties League Cup - Too many teams (20) requested from Eastern Counties League Premier Division (17 teams)". I am not using any other database, just the standard 16.3 that came with the game and then loaded the level 24 file as Editor Data on top of that, as usual. Any ideas on how to fix this error?

Thanks in advance.

Error.png

Anyone else having an issue with part-time contracts?  My Keymer & Hassocks side went from amateur to part time and can't sign anyone to a P/T contract.  I found this https://community.sigames.com/topic/369839-semi-pro-non-contract-issues/ but no chance I'm starting my save over.  I'll struggle through the best I can and hope to hit full-time status soon.

20 hours ago, Theodlard said:

Anyone else having an issue with part-time contracts?  My Keymer & Hassocks side went from amateur to part time and can't sign anyone to a P/T contract.  I found this https://community.sigames.com/topic/369839-semi-pro-non-contract-issues/ but no chance I'm starting my save over.  I'll struggle through the best I can and hope to hit full-time status soon.

so im confused at what we have to do to the file based on what it is said in that post.. what i mean is if i do what it is said in that one post will that be amateur deals until we go semi pro and then we can do part time deals or part time deals right away?

Edited by Fmfan00

13 hours ago, Theodlard said:

If you use the editor it should allow you to set semi-pro to have PT contracts.  You could also set it so amateur status would allow PT contracts, or at least that's how I read the instructions, have not verified that personally though.

That's right - I have done it like that. You will have to make knock-on changes though. You'll run into massive debt otherwise, and with your given rep you'll mainly attract players who would have joined you for free anyway.

What I did was make the club part-time, and added an underwriter sugar daddy. He doesn't give you any money to spend but does keep the debt manageable. The other thing I do is that I don't buy or bring in any players; instead I give all my academy intake youth contracts and build the squad purely internally.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Just a passing comment on this file: something I've found very beneficial.

What I've done is create a youth side to populate K&H. Aged, 14, they typically start with stamina of 1-3. It really helps in these lowest levels that the leagues only contain 9-10 teams. Initially I found playing only one match a fortnight boring, but with the kids a two-week recovery means they can play at optimum match fitness and without too many injuries. My policy is to only use my academy intake and never acquire players from outside; at this level it's quite feasible. By the time we progress to bigger leagues, they'll have the stamina to cope with a full season.

On 03/10/2016 at 05:11, Fmfan00 said:

I usually leave my U18 players from my academy in u18 until they turn 17-18 and then bring them up to the main squad

The thing about that is with naff facilities and no coaching staff, the only way youth can develop is by playing them regularly in the first team.

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

He's just started a new thread to keep us up to date on his FM17 file. Hopefully it will be ready soon after FM17 is out.

You got a link buddy? cant seem to see it unless im overlooking it..

hello i am wanting to do a database with every lower league. is it possible to do it so you go through every league in district?

im not familier with the editor and if yoi could help.i would.be greatful when fm17 comes.out if you can help drop.us a.email at charltonathleticforeva@gmail.com

thank you 

1 hour ago, lloydbond said:

hello i am wanting to do a database with every lower league. is it possible to do it so you go through every league in district?

im not familier with the editor and if yoi could help.i would.be greatful when fm17 comes.out if you can help drop.us a.email at charltonathleticforeva@gmail.com

thank you 

Ito is possible but would take forever and would be unplayable because of the amount of teams

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 04/04/2016 at 19:46, FCUtdWill said:

Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey are all county FAs, I'm unsure about Isles of Scilly.

I am pretty sure Isles of Scilly is one part of Cornwall FA.

• 2 years later...