Player leaves to play for less

Hi all,

I had a 22 year old player who i was paying 14k per week to play for me whilst his value is at 3.8 million. I decided to re-sign him up but his demands for wages spiked up to 26k per week. So after tough negotiations i forced him down to around 20k per week, in return he wanted to get paid 56k pw after 10 international caps. So i decided to get rid of him quickly, I put him up for sale at 3 million and he was sold by my director for 1.5 million.

1 - I don't know why the player was sold for 1.5 million when i had instructed my director to sell him for 3 million.

2 - The player ended up singing for malmo and gets paid 3k per week when in fact i was paying him 14k.

3 - His overall value from 3.8 million playing for me dropped to 1.8 million when he got transferred to malmo.

Do you think players in real life would be happy to give up 14k per week to go play for a team for 3k per week ???? I'm really baffled with this tug of war contract negotiations in this game. There is something weird here and to me it doesn't feel right. Is anyone else having similar issues ? As for the team i was playing it was PAOK Salonika. I lost a lot of money from that player as i pushed him all the way to 3.8 mill and then my director sold him below half price. All the hard work for nothing.

regards

FM Fan.

The behaviour you describe is down to each instance of a player negotiating a contract being an isolated event & they retain no memory of the contract that the rejected, even if that was only hours earlier. It's a shortcoming of the system & one that hopefully SI will eventually be able to address.

His listed value after moving will be down to the lower annual value of his contract & depending on what nation you're managing in possibly a less inflated transfer market for players in Sweden, as to why you're DoF sold him for less than instructed you'll have to go back to a save point before the you started to look at selling him & methodically go back over each step ensuring that you pay close attention to everything that you do as it sounds like you have instructed the DoF to sell for that value. Another possibility is that there are add-ons that could see the deal be worth in excess of the 3 million you wanted.

Well lets deal with the easy bit - Value

Value is entirely down to wages, contract length, team rep, league rep etc. He signed for Malmo on lower wages and possibly a lower team/league rep so his value adjusts accordingly.

As for the sale you either made a mistake with the selling instructions or there are additional clauses which make up the difference. If you leave it to other staff you always run the risk of them not following them 100%.

As for the player you got rid of him, you directly told him he had no future at your club therefore he took what he thought was the best offer for him. He wasn't giving up £14k a week because you told him he wasn't going to get it for much longer.

What i find real irritating is that you can't communicate with the players agent about negotiating wages in synch with other teams interested. E.g. Juventus wanting to offer my player 10k per week, Agent responds back to me saying can you offer better than that ? if so then you will be leading the race for his signature. I'm very frustrated seeing players go to even teams for less pay without having a chance to convince the player to stay at my team with better offers. Instead what i see happening is that if you don't offer a specific figure then his not yours anymore. And like Barside said the contract negotiations are an isolated event which i find not inline with what is currently happening.

I'm not sure how the coding is done for contracts but it needs massive improvements in terms of other teams interest and their offers in conjunction with what your offering. Hence the reason why we have agents is to communicate back and forth. At the moment it's a serious black hole in the game and players of the game are loosing a lot of talent for incorrect mathematical numbers that don't make sense. As per my issue an e.g. if you have read it all. I hope SI can improve this immensely because i'm spending a lot of time in my scouting department which is going down the drain because of situations like this also occurring on my young talent in terms of wages which will be another post to come.

I never thought of this. I think you should raise it up in the Wishlist Thread. It'd be awesome to have those kinda of feedback from an agent when multiple clubs are negotiating for a player. Also, of course, i always thought they remembered the last negotiation. That's why they say (Can't negotiate due to previous breakdown of talks; and Have the "relationship" with you set to unfriendly, indifferent, etc).

A greater level of pre-transfer interaction with agents would be a welcome addition, it's pretty much an open secret that clubs will speak to an agent of a player who that are interested in signing to gauge their interest in a move & what sort of contract would have to be offered if a fee is agreed with their club.

Currently all we get to know is a rough estimate from our scout about the weekly wage demands but as we know there is so much more to a contract than just the basic wage.

Archived