Player ratings slashed

Something weird has just happened on my game of fmc. I'm top of the Scottish championship in Nov with Arbroath and suddenly all my players ratings have dropped down to at best, half a star :confused:. On every player report it says their not worth a place in the side. i wondered if the clubs rep had gone up or something so i scouted messi and according to my scout he is only worth half a star and not worth a place.

as anyone else experienced this and is it a permanent thing. really hope not

just done a search on the forum and found that there was a bug like this when a team had alot of loan players. surprise surprise, i have loads. im taking advantage of the fact you can loan as many as you want in the championship out of a foreign league. (gone a bit crazy on english league players) ive got a feeling this problem started when i agreed to sell one of the few players i do own in jan for 80k. ill send a few home when the window opens and see if that gets rid of the problem

• Administrators

The rating is based on how good they are in comparison to the rest of your team, according to your assistant manager/scout. This can change whenever the assistant reassess his opinion on your squad. The scout or different staff member may have differing opinions too. Bringing in much better players will likely reduce the ratings for some of your players who are not as good as them.

It is not a comparison of how good the player is compared to everyone else in the gameworld, just your own team. As you get better you'll find it increasingly rare to find a 5 star player when your squad is already at a high quality.

Players of lower star rating can still be effective depending on the level of your team, and your assistant can always be wrong in some cases. It's a guide to help you.

As for the scout saying a player isn't good enough for your side when he clearly is, it sounds like he's telling you the wrong reason. This is a bug and if you have examples for us to look at that will be appreciated :)

Players of lower star rating can still be effective depending on the level of your team, and your assistant can always be wrong in some cases. It's a guide to help you.

Yup! I think people get too hung up on star ratings. In my Roma save, I won the Euros, World Cup, and every club competition with a keeper rated at 1.5 stars. He was a fine keeper(if not special), just my squad average was so high, world class players were 2.5 stars.

sorry i dont think i explained the problem very well. it wasn't just my players with less than 1 star rating. it was every player on the game. when you look at your formation in the tactics screen, the green circle next to the players name had vanished and was left with just a red dot. (like when you play a player completely out of position). after my first post, i then searched the forum and found others with the same bug. it comes from having way more loan players than owned players. i waited till jan, then got rid of a couple of loans and signed 3 of them on a pre contract. i then went back to the tactics screen and every thing was back to normal. thanks for the help though. ill try doing a search next time first in case the problem and fix are already out there

hi lucas. just re read what you wrote. my team did still play well when i was having the problem but my team was always rated as huge underdogs once the problem started. Sorry i cant remember or show exactly what the scout said about messi. it was something along them lines though. basically he said not to sign him. (sorry i cant be more helpful). when i searched for the problem it seemed it was happening to other people earlier on this year around Feb. i think maybe selling that player sent my owned to loan player ratio over the edge. i really do have only a few owned players and loads of loans. Now that i got rid of a few loans and signed the 3 other players, everything is back working how it should. Coach and scout reports. thanks again for your help

Archived