Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give him back FFS
I think your lot knew he was in trouble & were happy to sell, his injury record is not a short read & includes 15 knee injuries which is a clear indication that he either has fundamental medical issues with his knee's or there are other contributing factors that place more stress than the joints are built to handle.

[TABLE=width: 831]

[TR]

[TD]Cartilage Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2016 May 8th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2015 May 2nd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2015 March 27th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hip/Thigh Injury[/TD]

[TD]2014 December 28th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2014 November 22nd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hamstring Injury[/TD]

[TD]2014 November 18th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ankle/Foot Injury[/TD]

[TD]2014 October 12th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2014 September 2nd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2014 August 2nd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2014 June 10th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2014 February 4th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2013 December 21st[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2013 October 19th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2013 September 12th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Groin/Pelvis Injury[/TD]

[TD]2013 July 23rd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2013 May 29th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2013 April 24th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Illness[/TD]

[TD]2012 December 24th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2012 October 31st[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012 April 30th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2012 January 14th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Muscle Strain[/TD]

[TD]2011 November 14th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2011 August 28th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2011 August 8th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2011 April 23rd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2011 April 22nd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2011 January 7th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Groin Strain[/TD]

[TD]2010 November 14th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2010 March 1st[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2009 October 26th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Knee Injury[/TD]

[TD]2009 May 24th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2009 January 24th[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2698/danny_welbeck_injury.html

Think Barside might be on to something

"I got Osgood-Schlatter disease in my knees because my bones were growing quicker than my muscles and it’s hard to get out on the training pitch, then afterwards you’re in agony every single time you play football.

“You’ve just got to take it as a positive and see what you can do to make yourself better.

"Looking back at it now it helped me develop into a man mentally as well as physically because you’ve got to rest your body and learn the game from a different perspective.”

Think Barside might be on to something

"I got Osgood-Schlatter disease in my knees because my bones were growing quicker than my muscles and it’s hard to get out on the training pitch' date=' then afterwards you’re in agony every single time you play football.

“You’ve just got to take it as a positive and see what you can do to make yourself better.

"Looking back at it now it helped me develop into a man mentally as well as physically because you’ve got to rest your body and learn the game from a different perspective.”[/i']

The number lower joint & hamstring injuries should have been a red flag, looking at his injury history you have to question the pre-contract medical assessment conducted by Arsenal as there must be an underlying weakness that is being exposed by playing high level competitive sport.

Don't really agree with that. Most footballers will have a history of lower joint and hamstring injuries - absolutely no reason not to sign someone. Nor is it an indication that they're 'done'.

Previous hamstring injury, for example, is a known risk factor for future hamstring injuries. But then if you used that at face value, you'd never sign another footballer ever again, because most will have hamstring injuries.

Difficult without knowing the history of his other knee injuries - once you damage the meniscii, it can be a difficult circle to break if you choose to repair it. If you're an NBA fan, Derrick Rose is a great example. But this latest one was a horrible impact and would have injured the knees of a lot of players.

I am pretty sure these pre-contract fitness tests are just light jogging on a treadmill :D

Guardian had an interesting stat, Cech/Arsenal conceeded the most goals from outside the box this season in Prem, surprised at that even though I do recall a few going past him

Guardian had an interesting stat, Cech/Arsenal conceeded the most goals from outside the box this season in Prem, surprised at that even though I do recall a few going past him

I wonder what percentage were low shots at his near post? Perceptively Cech appeared to have a problem judging them.

The Times reporting that we want Wenger to sign a 2 year extension

Interesting that the club have leaked that they want a decision by October. Last time Wenger left it until the very last moment before committing. Wouldn't be surprised if Stan has no clue what Wenger wants to do and is trying to flush him out.

stunned that you would offer him an extension

I'm not. Outside of the two FA Cups in the last couple years, he hasn't won anything and yet he's still there, so it's clear they're gonna let him go out on his own terms, especially if he always qualifies for the UCL at a minimum.

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/05/wenger-contract-extension-story-is-absolutely-false/

[Questions posed by Nick Collins, Sky Sports News]

You’ve still got one year left on your contract, there are reports that you’re to be offered a two-year extension to that…

That’s completely wrong and I don’t know where this information comes from. You can treat that as just an invention. It’s absolutely false.

OK…

And I would like this press to check the information before they give it out because they could have checked with the club or with myself and we’d both have denied it.

Is that something you’d like though? A two-year extension…

No. I think about the next game you know. At my stage you want to do well. I’m committed with integrity and commitment, full commitment for the club, as long as I’m under contract. At the moment that’s all.

___

[Questions posed by James Olley, The Evening Standard]

I know you’ve knocked down the contract story, but will it make it harder to sign players if they don’t know whether you’re going to be here beyond next season?

I don’t think so. I hope not.

Have you decided what you will do, privately, beyond next season?

No.

What will determine that?

What I focus [on] is to respect my contract and after [i’ll] envisage what I do after. I can understand that people are interested in that but that’s not the most important. I think I’ve extended my contract at a period when it was vital for the club and after that I will see where I am personally and where the club stands at the end of my contract.

So, to rephrase that slightly…what happens next season will determine whether you stay or not?

Of course, yeah. You sum it up very well.

Wenger the only manager in world football who's position is weakened by this sort of story, bizarre.

But basically, we won't know if he's extending his contract until the end of next season.

I'm not underestimating anything - I remember well what kind of state we were in when we made those late signings in the transfer window and he was a good signing, but it still doesn't propel him into being one our best signings under Wenger unless the definition of "one of" is very loose.

I enjoyed Arteta scoring yesterday :) When Sanchez looked up, was so happy he chose to pick out Arteta and get him on the score sheet. Great moment.

No Monreal, Cazorla or Bellerin in the Spanish squad, think that's quite harsh on Monreal and Bellerin but probably better news for us so that they're "fresh" for the new season.

Archived