How to get the best out of Adriano(Srriker)

Ronnie Farrell

In my second season with Aston Villa and just pulled off a major transfer coup getting Adriano from Inter.....I'm 12 games into the season and he has yet to score in the league or the league cup and has a average rating of just 6.18.

So wondering if anyone out there has got the best out of him and how you managed it....becuse he still is young and has all the stats to fire in the goals......Cheers in advance

I'm on 2010/2011 season and adriano makes a lot of goals!!! I have him on benfica (lisbon) and I play just whit him on front! He makes until now (february 2011) 36 goals!! Nasri behind him di maria on left and Brazilian Morais (great player) on right

I hate the man, bought him for my chelsea team and 2 games in to the season he didnt start as i was playing Sergio Aguero up front on his own he started moaning saying unless he gets played he moves on so i said "i pick the team" and then he puts in a transfer Request! 2 games in for god sake, total baby, so hes getting punted in the reserves for a 1 season then i may sell him mowhaha

In my second season with Aston Villa and just pulled off a major transfer coup getting Adriano from Inter.....I'm 12 games into the season and he has yet to score in the league or the league cup and has a average rating of just 6.18.

So wondering if anyone out there has got the best out of him and how you managed it....becuse he still is young and has all the stats to fire in the goals......Cheers in advance

I had him in my Liverpool side and I found him a great player. He was a mainstay upfront in my squad for 7 years until I sold him (I had some good, young talent coming through).

I found him best used up front on the left hand side when partnered with another striker on his right (usually Fernando Torres). I had him set to All out Attack" as his mentality, with normal creativity, forward runs frequent and run with ball frequent. For corners and free kicks I left them on the default setting (I normally played a 4-4-2).

You need your midfielders to try thru balls often, and have wingers cross the ball often, with them aiming for his feet as he prefers ball played to feet.

He does need a bit of egio stroking, and will take deserved praise and criticism well, so use the media comments to your advantage.

i bought him for Madrid using the 802 patch. did wonders fer the team.

played him alongside other strikers & did well.

my settings fer him was:

mentality: full

creativity: full

running off the ball: full:

dribbling: full

long shots: often

maybe you could give it a shot at these settings & let me know how it goes?

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Let him do what he wants, with high creative freedom. Try balls to feet, possibly targetman, occasional running with ball.

He was a good buy for me - 300,000 pounds in the 2nd season - and he did score a handy amount of goals and never sulked nor complained. And was sad to leave my club a few seasons later.

I bought him in the 08/09 season for Man United, for years he worked very well, keeping Rooney and Aguero rotating. Adriano was my main goal-scoring threat.

In 2010 I went to Real Madrid looking for a new challenge. All I had up front was Robinho, and I always prefer to play him as an AM. Adriano on a free after being released from my old United! And he kept scoring goals until he was 34 (When I pursuaded him to become a scout after retirement), even scoring the winner in my 3rd consecutive CL competition win!

Set him as a target man, preferably with two AMC players feeding him the ball (either to feet or to head... But he does have awesome long shots so to feet may work better). He's also great at penalties.

Remember maybe FM06... the one with the corner cheat where you played the ball to penalty area, get everyone on back post and have a man with long shots outside box...

Adriano scored 101 in a season. So I will always like him.

From what I hear Jose is starting to use him down the right at Inter... hopefully he will be better on FM09 because he was a let down for my Portsmouth side.

Archived