EHM Wishlist thread

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible to make "Minimum underaged players dressed" rule optional rather than a must or create variant of it if "must" rule is used for any playable league already?

I guess that it was created for Canadian juniors leagues, but other leagues uses that rule too, but only as optional...

Now if, for example, 2 out of 22 players should be underaged in a match squad and a team don't have such players, then the game creates grey/fake players to fill these spots/rule, but instead it should be, that if team don't have such players, then it's allowed to have only 20 (or 21 if they have only one such player) players in a match instead of 22 (20 + 2 grey/fake players).

I believe from playable leagues KHL have such an "optional" rule...

Edited by dvielis

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an easy one - Under "Join network game" I wish, we could have a drop down menu with a list of recently input IP numbers. If we can give them names it could be even better - like 1.1.1.1 - League 1; 2.2.2.2 - League 2

Please, for the love of God, make this happen! :D

Please make it so that new signings in the NHL won't arrive before the start of July. Currently if one has had a decent amount of draft picks the arrival of new prospects during June really messes up the roster due to the limit of 50 contracts. I've been repeatedly forced to waive numerous players and also buy out contracts.

• SI Staff
On 1/7/2017 at 10:11, spost said:

Here is an easy one - Under "Join network game" I wish, we could have a drop down menu with a list of recently input IP numbers. If we can give them names it could be even better - like 1.1.1.1 - League 1; 2.2.2.2 - League 2

Please, for the love of God, make this happen! :D

Should be doable but not sure if it can make it for the 1.4 update. But will add it to the to-do list.

• SI Staff
On 1/15/2017 at 01:04, Image said:

I think that Finnish Liiga is harcoded in game? Because I try to modify it open and relegation possible, but whole game will crash. So, it is possible to make option to choose Finnish Liiga open?

No, it's not hardcoded. Check the Historical 2006 database for an example of how it is setup. The 2006 database has promotion/relegation between the top two levels in Finland.

12 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

No, it's not hardcoded. Check the Historical 2006 database for an example of how it is setup. The 2006 database has promotion/relegation between the top two levels in Finland.

Well. I see. Thanks. I made 12 teams Finnish Liiga with relegations playoff. But I don't understand why relegation playoffs will play 20.5 -> even I set start date to 25.4. And here we come my question. I just think that it is possible to change contract expiry date? Or it is hardcoded to April in Liiga?

• SI Staff

The generic contract expiry dates are not customizable. Not sure why your relegation stage gets moved without looking at  your db in detail, could be a clash with some international tournaments by that time already ?

4 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

The generic contract expiry dates are not customizable. Not sure why your relegation stage gets moved without looking at  your db in detail, could be a clash with some international tournaments by that time already ?

Allright. I try test sim with unemployed and every time first relegation playoff show right day, then others games move 20.5 ->. I just think that World Championships starts 27.3. And end 14.5. Is that problem why relegation playoff doesn't show right.

I upload my db to you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxnfblow6z2yqly/database.db?dl=0

Thanks for your help :)

5 hours ago, filip_croatia said:

Speaking of Liiga, just WAY too much foregin players after six-seven seasons in liiga. Some teams doesn't have single Finnish player on roster in few years into the game. :/

That's weird...

Using the TBL Rosters 9.0b and no added players/staff at startup I've got a long term test going (Full DB, all Leagues on Enhanced, Maximum Detail) and I'm saving yearly on June 27th...it was stopped this morning at 2029 and I took a look at the Liiga rosters - two teams had less than 20 Finns (Vaasan Sport had 11 and Rauman Lukko had 15) and all the rest had between 20 and 28

I loaded up a save from the same test game after 6 seasons and on June 27, 2022 the lowest were Vaasan Sport and Rauman Lukko (11), with Lahden Pelicans next (13) and all the rest had 15-22 Finns on their roster

7 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

Okay I troubleshoot that db long time. Many hours and problem is World Championship. I have to make "little" fix and remove Finnish Mestis Quater Finals at all and I have to edit Mestis league table. Now 4 first team played Semi-Finals and Finals. Then winner play Relegation Playoff with Liiga last place team.

I don't dare touch to World Championship schedule dates. So I make that fix. Now it's work. If you have some idea how to resolve that problem how to take Quater Finals back, tell me.

If someone want test it, here you can download it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6gjlptuu2a24mi/database.db?dl=0

Edited by Image

2 hours ago, Nino-33 said:

That's weird...

Using the TBL Rosters 9.0b and no added players/staff at startup I've got a long term test going (Full DB, all Leagues on Enhanced, Maximum Detail) and I'm saving yearly on June 27th...it was stopped this morning at 2029 and I took a look at the Liiga rosters - two teams had less than 20 Finns (Vaasan Sport had 11 and Rauman Lukko had 15) and all the rest had between 20 and 28

I loaded up a save from the same test game after 6 seasons and on June 27, 2022 the lowest were Vaasan Sport and Rauman Lukko (11), with Lahden Pelicans next (13) and all the rest had 15-22 Finns on their roster

Well, I forgot to write it it was before 9.0 DB and 1.3 update :) my bad

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but I'd like the ability to defend players who are criticized by the Board or the Media. It really sucks when you have a player who is actually performing well for you but for some stupid reason your board thinks they should be part of the team or the media criticizes them and they demand to be moved.

5 hours ago, Loto68 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere but I'd like the ability to defend players who are criticized by the Board or the Media. It really sucks when you have a player who is actually performing well for you but for some stupid reason your board thinks they should be part of the team or the media criticizes them and they demand to be moved.

Currently when your player is criticized by the media you do get a chance to respond. You can either defend him, agree with the critique or stay silent.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎-‎01‎-‎2017 at 11:19, Riz Remes said:

No changes for the draft systems are planned for this version at this point anymore. The long term aim is to make all drafts configurable and database driven in the next full version.

One note - the draft is so central to the continued competitiveness of the NHL, so I hope you consider giving the AI some slight improvements/advantages. I mean, the draft is all about PA, so perhaps you could tune the ranking or the team's picking behaviour so they are a bit more astute at picking the best PA. It's a minor problem but when you get to 2030, it begins to show that the AI simply is not that good at getting value out of their medium/high 1st round picks. Therefore it doesn't really matter if teams pick 5th or 25th and teams in re-build mode have a hard time getting those prime prospects that they should be getting from early/medium 1st round picks.

So one of my major issues with EHM for years is the commentary not being able to tell you the following:

* who was cross checked, clipped, roughed up etc when a penalty is called in the play by play recap, surely this must be easy to fix? 

Also is there a way to add a player some more commentary to the fights so a little more realistic variation occurs? 

Dont get me wrong, i love this game and its far superior to FHM3 and i have played EHM since the first day it came out back in the days of the EHM 2007.

All i want to do is see this game progress with tweaks and improvements, minor or major.

One last thing is, can you add in a little bit of easier navigation between the gui identical to FM2016, for example FM2016-17 lets you select many names at once in the player search list so that you can scout all rather than individually choosing who to scout one by one.

Thank you, i look forward to your reply Riz.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16. 02. 2017. at 15:37, filip_croatia said:

Riz - there will be some changes for 17/18 season, like Medvescak leaving KHL and returning to EBEL. Hopefully when it will be official you will update it :)

It is confirmed, Medvescak will play in EBEL in 17/18 season. It is official since yesterday !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Riz - this is some infos for you if you will make new update :)

Champions hockey league - no more 16 groups with three clubs. Now it will be eight groups with four teams. Also no more guarantee spots in CHL, now you have to earn it by being champion, finalist or regular season winner (it is diffirent from league to league).

EBEL - Olimpija Ljubljana is officialy out, Medvescak Zagreb is in. Schedule and season format for 17/18 in EBEL will be published within few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but it would be nice to set your power play to 4 forwards and a defence man as a toggle, same as the 3 on 3 use 2 forwards or 2 defence.  Right now I can only do it if I manage all the lines.  If set as a toggle you can let the coach take control of the lines while you worry about trying to get trades done (very hard now).

Relevant for the UK leagues next year:

As well as having a set number of 'import' (foreign) players dressed in the match-day squad it would be good to a maximum number of them 'on the ice' at any one time.

Old EPIHL had 5 imports dressing but a maximum of 3 on the ice at any time. NIHL has usually allowed 2 dressed with only one icing at any time (effectively meaning no import-netminders at that level as it precludes icing your second import).

Currently I think you can play with as many imports on the ice as you're allowed to dress? The NIHL is effectively the second-tier of British Ice hockey next season with the EPL now defunct, so would be good to get this nuance of the rules in if possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Search by player height would be a great addition.

I'd also like to be able to see attribute colors when viewing players available in the draft, searches, etc.

Love the game & can't wait for future updates, versions.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EHM is based on the old engine. I would love a new version of EHM based on the new engine.  A pipedream i know but i would love to have a more modern user interface and all that. If nothing else i would love to be able to resize the game in windowed mode. 

• 2 months later...

Nobody from Quebec seems to speak French.  I know it isn't too important, but I would like to see this fixed.  Also, I miss being able to know what personalities my players have.  That used to be included in the scouting reports, but it got dropped in the Steam version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but fixing how you load a network game would be muchly appreciated! The last 'fix' to add the join unconnected button ends up with the host logged in as all teams with no way of relinquishing control so somebody with a different game client still has to manually log in with every team. And any possibility of fixing the instant crashes when scouting European leagues on network games would be great too.

More descriptive information in fights. 

Shots on goal by period (pretty sure this isn't in game).

More text explanation of league formats, drafting and scouting. I.e. where CHL teams should scout etc. (This could be community driven rather than burdening Riz). 

• 4 months later...

Print out all the career stats , ever.   

It's Thu 1sr Apr 2077 and i really wish i had Access to all the statistics from my career. 

Combine shot charts from chooseable amount of games to see which shots go in and  how different settings affect this.

Tools to analyze the game through stats.

Possibility to print (to file) everywhere.

And now i'll stop repeating my self :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have no clue if other people have said any of this stuff but I have a few things that would help online games go a lot smoother.

1. There is always a crash trying to scout European leagues online idk how had that is to fix.

2. When you join a network game it only saves the last IP you used I wish you could have a list saved because I always have to go look back at discord for the IP of my leagues

3. Increase the # of gms. Its at 30 and especially since the addition of Vegas and maybe Seattle you will have to have a team or two on ai. Another reason is there's a potential of a new DB someone is making that is just a huge pyramid of regulation leagues and I have talked to some people in the online league about it but only 30 gms would not be enough. 

4. A raising cap wish it could be random sometimes not at all other years half or quarter mil other years a full mil 

5. fix the cap stashing bug where ahl guys that make over 950k dont count towards cap 

Edited by CatnerMartin

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My personal idea is pretty similar to a bunch of other ideas. I do think there should be some sort of Generational Player tag, which would allow player attributes to exceed the maximum by x amount, which would help there to be some players who can actually reach 170+ points without having to fiddle with the team tactics. This would be indicative of there being another player like Gretzky or Lemieux. I also think making it so these players would only give performance ratings of 9.0+ which would once again guarantee certain scoring levels by these players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need for germany new rules or an editor with several rules which can be set and added.

- Age restrictions (roster)

- Number of age-restricted players (roster)

- reworking of affiliates system ( Förderlizenz System for young players in germany)

- automatic termination of affiliates  when teams play in the same league and selection of new affiliates

• 11 months later...

Hi! Posted this on HFBoards, but someone redirected me to here, as would fit better. :)

The thing I enjoy most about EHM is the scouting and development of players. Hope 1.5 expands into that.

For example:
- Being able to hire more scouts;
- The possibility of a bigger range of negative PA-ratings in the database;
- A better ingame star-rating. For example, when you scout a player once you find out he's going to be, for example, at least a 1 star player and at most a 5 star player. You can show this by displaying 1 gold star and 4 additional black stars. The more you scout them the clearer the picture gets. After scouting them multiple times you end up with, for example, 3 gold stars and a half black star (you can't be a 100% certain at any time). You can do this with both current ability as potential future ability (so every player would have 2 ratings that can be scouted);
- Redefined Projected career role: to me, it feels like there are too much players with a really high projected role. It shouldn't have to feel bad to draft, for example, a forward with 2nd line potential at the end of the first round of the draft. In the lower rounds of the draft I still see quite a lot of players with high potential, while it feels, by far, most of them should have a bottom 6/bottom pairing career role (with the exception for a few hidden gems here and there);

- Better optimized roles. It sucks when you come across a player with great PA/CA/great mentals who will bust because he got the 'physical playmaker' role assigned;
- I'd like to be able to give a scout an assignment: for example, find me defensive prospects for the next draft that will be able to play a specific role, has a certain potential future ability, etc.;
- Scouts from a certain area have more impact when scouting in that region;
- Being able to start a save at the start of a draft.

- Learning (young) players to play at another position (I know the option is in the game, but it isn't working) or to adapt a different role. Like how Sammy Blais came into the NHL as a skilled forward but had to adapt to a power forward to stick in the NHL.