Trade deadline & Draft media hype

Hi all, don't know if this has been requested or mentioned or not but I would like to see more of a "buzz" around the trade deadline and the NHL entry draft. Both come and go without any real sense of excitement.

It was especially noticeable at the draft. I had bagged, by way of a fluke trade, the number one overall pick. I expected a number of trade offers from teams looking to bag McDavid but got nothing (not that I'm complaining as that pick was never leaving me)

Hopefully there will be a full draft experience soon.

By "fluke trade", I think you mean a typical EHM trade. Has anyone not managed to snag the #1 pick for a bunch of spare parts?

Agree with you about the media hype. More media coverage with 'personality' year-round for all events would go a long way. I would love more fan buzz, news reports, speculation, etc.

By "fluke trade", I think you mean a typical EHM trade. Has anyone not managed to snag the #1 pick for a bunch of spare parts?

Agree with you about the media hype. More media coverage with 'personality' year-round for all events would go a long way. I would love more fan buzz, news reports, speculation, etc.

The "Fluke trade" was picking up a pick from the new York Rangers in a deal (not their pick and I forget who, Calgary I think) but at the time would have been a middle of the first round pick. They went on a slide and finished 3rd bottom of the NHL but won the lottery. The fluke was it was my one and only trade during the whole season and I only added it to flesh out my side of the deal ;)

Archived