Avoid The Drop 3.0 - Game Thread

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erik Backermann is joint favourite for the Wolfsburg job.

Edit: Erik Backermann has taken the managers job at Dortmund of all places.

At this point, a job's a job. Imagine all the press conferences asking about returning to the old pitch.

Great to read the career review - imagine how much better he could have been if Wealdstone had just played him in those first 4 years.

End of Season 2034/35

Antoine Clemont - Is ending his career at the end of the season and he helped Forest avoid relegation, finishing 13th in the league. He played 21(17) games in total, with 4 assists. Has staff attributes and Continental A Licence.

Christopher Hatton - Christopher Hatton played 45(2) games for Blackburn and got 8 assists in his first season back in England. Blackburn finished 15th in the league. He is listed for Loan.

Bambang Pinheiro - Not looking good, playing just 5 games with 1 goal. Man Utd finished 3rd in the league. Will probably retire at the end of the season as his contract runs out.

Relegated Players

Zachary Eldinho - Still played 40(7) games this season and scored 20 goals as Chelsea finished 2nd in the league, were Community Shield runners up, Euro Super Cup runners up, Club World Cup runners up, and Champions League runners up.

Gins - Gins played 46 games for Blackburn, conceding 76 and keeping 6 clean sheets. Blackburn finished 15th in the league.

Steven Kemp - Looks like nothing is going to stop him playing at the moment, 44(5) games in total with 9 assists. Villa finished 5th in the league. Was named in Players' Team of the Year.

Staff

Erik Bäckermann - Is now Dortmund Manager, Dortmund finshed 5th last season so he'll have Europe to deal with as well.

El Mantis - Still searching for his first job.

Junior - Still searching for his first job.

Lawrence Lazewski - Still searching for his first job.

Relegated Staff

El Ticuito - Is studying for his Continental Pro Licence. Newcastle finished 16th in the league.

Aboubakari Mensah - Still searching for his first job.

Chris Small - Derby finished 11th in the Championship.

Fully Retired

Lewis Walsh

League Tables

English Premier League

Awards and Achievements

Christopher Hatton - Resigned as Colombia captain.

I fear that he is winding down to retire next season. One season in England, where he probably get relegated, and then off he goes. :(

Antoine Clemont Calls It A Day

pppvsKP.png

Staff Attributes

Seasons - Initial Profile - 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2033/34, 2034/35

Personal Info

History

Biography

Total Appearances: 986

Total Goals: 183

Total Assists: 266

Total PoMs: 113

Total Trophies: 4

Total Value: £55m

Total Clubs: 3

Not bad, left Southamtpon at the wrong time as they are now one of the top team in England and Europe. But did leave Man City at the right time.

Bambang Pinheiro Hangs Up His Boots

qdcNguQ.png

Staff Attributes

Seasons - Initial Profile - 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2033/34, 2034/35

Personal Info

History

Biography

Total Appearances: 905

Total Goals: 203

Total Assists: 260

Total PoMs: 83

Total Trophies: 26

Total Value: £40m

Total Clubs: 3

Pretty good once he got going, shame nothing came from his International career other than over 100 caps.

Lawrence Lazewski is 2nd favourite for the Monterrey job.

Looking forward to seeing where Mensah ends up managing.. Hopefully he won't just drift into the abyss

That could be what happens, i might have to put them at a team eventually.

El Mantis has decided to retire. Would be nice if we can keep him going, but not sure where we could put him.

How about a team in Mexico, his first team Pumas maybe? or i could pick a few teams without managers that are reasonable and you choose which one?

Despite retiring fully, i can still add him to a club as manager.

El Mantis has decided to retire. Would be nice if we can keep him going, but not sure where we could put him.

How about a team in Mexico, his first team Pumas maybe? or i could pick a few teams without managers that are reasonable and you choose which one?

Despite retiring fully, i can still add him to a club as manager.

yeah the 2nd one sounds reasonable :)

yeah the 2nd one sounds reasonable :)

QPR and Derby, both Championship, although QPR have been up and down quite often.

Also Brentford championship, been a mid table Championship side for some time.

Newport County, newly promoted to League 2 if you want a challenge, have been League 1 at their highest.

Most clubs in other leagues don't have managers, as i don't have them set to playable, but will be adding them as playable soon, so now is the best chance to pick.

Any team you'd like within reason or a team in a preferred country?

QPR and Derby, both Championship, although QPR have been up and down quite often.

Also Brentford championship, been a mid table Championship side for some time.

Newport County, newly promoted to League 2 if you want a challenge, have been League 1 at their highest.

Most clubs in other leagues don't have managers, as i don't have them set to playable, but will be adding them as playable soon, so now is the best chance to pick.

Any team you'd like within reason or a team in a preferred country?

ill go with Newport County :D

End of Season 2035/36

Christopher Hatton - Hardly got any playing time this season and i think will retire come the end of his contract. He played 4(13) games in total. Blackburn finished 16th in the Premier League.

Relegated Players

Zachary Eldinho - Still got it at 38 years old. He played 16(22) games and scored 19 goals. Chelsea won the League, Community Shield, Capital One Cup and Champions League.

Gins - Played 31 games for Blackburn this season, conceding 63 goals and keeping just 5 clean sheets as Blackburn finished 16th. Is with the England squad for Euro 2036.

Steven Kemp - Still playing well for Villa with 36(4) games played and 14 assists. Villa finished 5th in the league and were Capital One Cup runners up.

Staff

Erik Bäckermann - What a first season for Erik, He won the Bundesliga and Europa League, both the first for Dortmund in 20 seasons, and he won the German Cup. Studying for his Continental Pro Licence.

Antoine Clemont - Struggled in his first season with Norwich and was sacked after finishing 20th in the Championship.

El Mantis - Has been given the Newport County job, hopefully he can keep them up next season after they were promoted.

Junior - Still looking for his first staff role.

Lawrence Lazewski - Still looking for his first staff role.

Bambang Pinheiro - Still looking for his first staff role.

Relegated Staff

El Ticuito - Not much to mention other than Newcastle finishing 12th in the Premier League. Newcastle U-21s were U-21 cup runners up.

Aboubakari Mensah - Still looking for his first staff role.

Chris Small - Derby finished 4th in the Championship, but lost in the play-offs.

Retired Fully

Lewis Walsh

League Tables

English Premier League

English Championship

Bundesliga

With El Ticuito, i'll mention youth teams as well, if they do anything, as he is head of youth.

For Antoine Clemont and Erik Backermann, links are on First and Surname for Profile and Manager Stats.

I blame the early years at Everton for not hitting 1000 games. If they had the same faith as some of the other clubs with the rest, I may have been record appearance maker out of us lot!

The staff stats do look crap, if he doesn't have anything when the new leagues are added can we still elect for him to go somewhere?

Erik Bäckermann - What a first season for Erik, He won the Bundesliga and Europa League, both the first for Dortmund in 20 seasons, and he won the German Cup. Studying for his Continental Pro Licence.

Holy Frijoles! Sounds like Dortmund was a perfect fit.

I blame the early years at Everton for not hitting 1000 games. If they had the same faith as some of the other clubs with the rest, I may have been record appearance maker out of us lot!

The staff stats do look crap, if he doesn't have anything when the new leagues are added can we still elect for him to go somewhere?

I think i'll try to give it until the end of season and then i'll post a list of available jobs at the time and let those players pick.

I just hope none of them try and retire before that.

Seems so, he didn't get the better of Bayern though, a loss and a draw.

Well, yeah, it's STILL Bayern. But he'll still take silverware over personal triumphs. (See, it's like I think I know how he feels...)

Right, now the season is over, here is a list of reasonable teams to be picked by Bambang Pinheiro (letissierandhenryaregreat) and Christopher Hatton (Hatton90)

Managers - Belenenses (Portugal Prem), Berlin-Kopenick (German 3rd), Bromley (Conference), CA Bastia (Ligue 2), Celeya (Mexico Promotion League), Chamois Niortais (Ligue 2), FC Nantes (Ligue 1), Juve Stabia (relegated to Serie C), Kaiserslauten (relegated to German 2nd), Lanciano (relegated to Serie C), Leyton Orient (League 2), Lille (Ligue 2), Ocelotes UNACH (Mexico promotion league), Paganese (Serie C), Portsmouth (League 1), Benfica B (Portugal 2nd league), Sorrento (Serie C), Stockport (Conference), Torquay (League 1)

If you want them to stay as they are and just see what happens, then that's ok too, just some options there. If you want a coach or assistant or whatever else, just say, but don't just pick the top clubs please.

Can't guarantee it'll work as i think, but we'll try anyway.

Retirements

1uY7DVV.png

lxbeLFW.png

VTk4YQw.png

Unfortunately Gins has decided not to become staff. The other two have staff attributes.

These are the last of the players.

End of season followed by 3 retirement posts and a "who's better than who" type post for most apps, most goals etc. a bit later on

End of Season 2036/37

Relegated Players

Zachary Eldinho - It was bound to happen at some point, just 2(1) games played in total with no goals scored. He has decided to retire at the end of the season. Chelsea won the league, were Community Shield runners up, Euro Super Cup winners, Club World Cup winners and Champions League runners up.

Gins - His final season for Blackburn, could easily have carried on i reckon. He played 37 games in total, conceding 72 and keeping 4 clean sheets. Blackburn were relegated.

Steven Kemp - Steven's final season for Villa probably not what he wanted. He played just 2(15) games all season. Villa finished in 10th place and were Europa League runners up.

Staff

Erik Bäckermann - Not quite as good as last season, starting with losses in the German Super Cup and Euro Super Cup. He took Dortmund to 4th in the league and they were German Cup runners up. Studying for his Continental Pro Licence.

Antoine Clemont - Took over when Huddersfield were in trouble and didn't do too badly. They were predicted to finish in the play-offs and finished 11th in the league, not bad considering the start they had. They reached the Capital One Cup 2nd round and FA cup 3rd round.

Christopher Hatton - Has been appointed Bromley manager. They finished 15th in the Conference.

Junior - Dumbarton u-20s finished 13th in the Scottish U-20 Group 1 and the first team finished 8th in the league.

Lawrence Lazewski - U-23s dont play any games by the looks of it. Orlando City though are currently struggling in the league. Studying for Continental A Licence.

Bambang Pinheiro - Still looking for his first staff role.

Relegated Staff

El Ticuito - Newcastle finished 17th in the Premier League while the U-21s were 10th in their group and 2nd round of the U-21 cup and the U-18s were 5th in their group and reached the U-18s Cup quarter finals.

Aboubakari Mensah - Osasuna u-19s won their Group and reached the U-19s cup semi final. The first team finished 13th in the league.

Chris Small - Reading finished 4th in the Premier League.

Retired Fully

El Mantis

Lewis Walsh

League Tables

English Premier League

English Championship

Bundesliga

Scottish Premiership

Liga BBVA

Remember Antoine Clemont and Erik Backermann, links on first and surname.

Very harsh on Eldinho to get so few games, although two assists in the PL from those small run outs is an okay return. Ultimately it was a season too far.

Knowing just how close he was to 500 league goals, i was hoping he'd have got a few more games.