how long do you play for in hours per week?

Yesterday, i put Football Manager on at 1pm and played until 2am, literally felt like a few hours not 13 hours!

atm i'm off work for 3 weeks, so i've got a bit of time to myself, got a bit carried away yesterday though!! now i know what it means when the save game says "time to change your underwear"

really enjoying a save atm with Kaiserslautern, everything is going so well, getting offered numerous jobs, but declining until i get Kaiserslautern one of the best teams in European football!

does anyone else lose track of time? i must play on average over 12 hours per week, i filled that in one day yesterday :D

I go through stages. When I was at Uni I could play 50 hours a week but then I'd fall out of love with a save and not play at all. 12 hour sessions are not uncommon for me, or at least they weren't when I was at Uni.

yeah, it's easy to get disheartened from a bad run and lose interest

loving it atm, perfect balance between success and heartbreak :D

best moment so far was losing 1-0 at Half-time in the Belgium cup and coming back to win 4-2

my 1st major trophy of this save, always a great feeling increasing your reputation

2 kids under 5 so only a few hours each evening .... as long as Mrs F can find something to watch on the TV :D

when i was single i used to watch football on tv and play football manager on my laptop

now i'm not single and have a desktop setup in my living room, i simply use this line "i will play Football Manager 2015, whilst you watch soaps" luckily for me now soaps are quite often

although when the soaps end i usually play for another 2 or 3 hours :D

At the moment I am taking a year out of uni, so my fm hours have gone spiralling up. I probably manage around 35 hours a week on average. It will go down as i am helping out at college and helping out on the election campaign trail. My plans of reading all my books over again has not panned out.

On FM14 I clocked over 1,700 playing hours, despite me finding FM 15 more user friendly I have only clocked about 270 hours so far. It's nothing against FM, I think it's the most improved version since FM12, I just think the match engine is too predictable and I've become too good at reading it. For me to reignite my passion for FM I'd need not just a revamp but a completely different approach to the match day experience, so for now I'm happy plodding along trying to develop young players. But my days of 12 hour shifts are over unfortunately. Alas, perhaps I'm just getting old :(

when i was single i used to watch football on tv and play football manager on my laptop.

That is me.:)

Can't really put a number on it because it varies from week to week.

Oh and keep this quiet but I get a fair bit of FM playing time in at work.

Hi englandmanager,

as you can see in my profile, Kaiserslautern ist the team i support since beeing "thrown" on this planet ;-). It's the first time in my whole championship / footballmanager life that i read someone else is managing them. Cool ! In real life, last weekend we had our southwestern germany derby against Karlsruhe. Game ended 0-0. I was one of 6000 away fans making it feel like a home game ;-). We went up to second position, only 3 points behind the leaders ingolstadt. Why can't the german F.A. just stop the season right now ? Would be promotion and we would be in the division we belong to ;-)

Well i am drifting away, lol. Keep up your work and bring my boys to european glory !!!

keep it up !!!

http://www.der-betze-brennt.de/images/fotogalerien/1427/karlsruher-sc-1-fc-kaiserslautern-2-bundesliga-2014-2015-9.jpg

the picture above is from the weekend. More kaiserslautern supporters where to the left and the right. Only 0-0 but the atmosphere was great !

http://www.der-betze-brennt.de/images/fotogalerien/1427/karlsruher-sc-1-fc-kaiserslautern-2-bundesliga-2014-2015-7.jpg

above you see some of our fans burning captured Karlsruhe flags ;-)

Hi englandmanager,

as you can see in my profile, Kaiserslautern ist the team i support since beeing "thrown" on this planet ;-). It's the first time in my whole championship / footballmanager life that i read someone else is managing them. Cool ! In real life, last weekend we had our southwestern germany derby against Karlsruhe. Game ended 0-0. I was one of 6000 away fans making it feel like a home game ;-). We went up to second position, only 3 points behind the leaders ingolstadt. Why can't the german F.A. just stop the season right now ? Would be promotion and we would be in the division we belong to ;-)

Well i am drifting away, lol. Keep up your work and bring my boys to european glory !!!

keep it up !!!

http://www.der-betze-brennt.de/images/fotogalerien/1427/karlsruher-sc-1-fc-kaiserslautern-2-bundesliga-2014-2015-9.jpg

the picture above is from the weekend. More kaiserslautern supporters where to the left and the right. Only 0-0 but the atmosphere was great !

http://www.der-betze-brennt.de/images/fotogalerien/1427/karlsruher-sc-1-fc-kaiserslautern-2-bundesliga-2014-2015-7.jpg

taken them over in 2023/24 season in 19th place in German Division 3, 3 seasons later we are midtable Bundesliga!!

really good squad foundation atm, build up my junior coaching and youth recruitment, as my philosphy is to bring youth players into the 1st team :D

good news is we beat Karlsruhe 4-1 at home :D

Hi englandmanager,

keep it up !!!

are Kaiserslautern considered a big club in Germany? as i see large stadium and always average 30,000 fans or more? even in division 3?

Bayern Munich and Dortmund are big but where do Kaiserslautern rank in terms of historic trophies and fanbase?

or can anyone tell me their opinions of the top 5 German big clubs?

FM 14 I played more hours than my full-time job, This year I've been playing both FM 14 and FM 15 (I refuse to give up my '14 save in 2041 until my manager retires in 4 years...or 9, I might make him work until 70), probably 20-30 hours/week if the kids are in school, during the summer it's likely 40+/week. I once loaded FM'12 on my daughter's netbook so I could sneak in some playing time while we went on vacation to Texas. I sent them down to the pool just to get in a couple matches to keep me stable.

Archived