Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Well, I've put my Northern Ireland game to rest for now. I got to 2033, and my best performance in European competition was reaching the quarter-finals in both the Champions League and UEFA Cup, but there wasn't any progress beyond that.

I'll be back in a new country after the patch. icon14.gif

Do you feel it is possible though to win the Champions League with a Northern Ireland team?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Well, I've put my Northern Ireland game to rest for now. I got to 2033, and my best performance in European competition was reaching the quarter-finals in both the Champions League and UEFA Cup, but there wasn't any progress beyond that.

Do you feel it is possible though to win the Champions League with a Northern Ireland team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, if they got very easy draws all the way to the final. I found it possible to beat the top English teams, but the big Italian and Spanish teams were way too good.

Pitea, Sweden - 09

Table

ProfileOverview

Squad

Top scorer/Highest average

Strange season really. Over the moon with going the whole campaign unbeaten (my first) and winning the league comfortably, but our lack of goals frustrated me and our many draws was a result of not being able to capatalise on our excellent defensive platform.

I was beggining to think our lack of goals might come back to bite us as we lost our top spot briefly about half way through the season, however the teams around me were taking points off each other so there wasnt really any serious challenge.

At the beggining of the season we had a small expansion (350 seats), however once it was complete, it appeared to vanish icon_rolleyes.gif meaning we had to make do with our 400 seat stadium which we packed out every home game.

Better news at the end of the season though as the board annouce the building of Pitea stadium which as you can see will cost 7.5 million to build icon_eek.gif With a current balance of 400k I don't know wheather to laugh or cry!!! It will have a capacity of 3679 icon14.gif

Burda watch

Pretty unspectacular season from the big man. Burda never really got going up front, where I started him so another season on the right wing followed where he was solid if not outstanding. He's still improving so maybe a better quality league will help bring out his best.

Survival next season please lads icon14.gif

Originally posted by Joshisapoolie:

Pitea, Sweden - 09

Table

ProfileOverview

Squad

Top scorer/Highest average

Strange season really. Over the moon with going the whole campaign unbeaten (my first) and winning the league comfortably, but our lack of goals frustrated me and our many draws was a result of not being able to capatalise on our excellent defensive platform.

I was beggining to think our lack of goals might come back to bite us as we lost our top spot briefly about half way through the season, however the teams around me were taking points off each other so there wasnt really any serious challenge.

At the beggining of the season we had a small expansion (350 seats), however once it was complete, it appeared to vanish icon_rolleyes.gif meaning we had to make do with our 400 seat stadium which we packed out every home game.

Better news at the end of the season though as the board annouce the building of Pitea stadium which as you can see will cost 7.5 million to build icon_eek.gif With a current balance of 400k I don't know wheather to laugh or cry!!! It will have a capacity of 3679 icon14.gif

Burda watch

Pretty unspectacular season from the big man. Burda never really got going up front, where I started him so another season on the right wing followed where he was solid if not outstanding. He's still improving so maybe a better quality league will help bring out his best.

Survival next season please lads icon14.gif

Good see the Burd is still knocking around, albeit abit below par. Like you say maybe he'll improve somewhat in the coming seasons? icon14.gif

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Do you feel it is possible though to win the Champions League with a Northern Ireland team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, if they got very easy draws all the way to the final. I found it possible to beat the top English teams, but the big Italian and Spanish teams were way too good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's good to see that this challenge seems to be more difficult than FM07. icon14.gif

UGS - Challenge League - 13/14 Winter Break

Main desperate need for the Summer (as for the previous 2) was a DL. Thankfully that problem was solved immediately when my scouts found a soon to be out of contract Senegalese at Neuchatel. Slightly strangely he was also a striker, and in fact the best at the club in both positions. I had more strikers than DLs so it was no guesswork where he would end up playing. That said, I signed a very promising teenage backup. Then a 20yo AM/F C from Zurich signed, I can't have expected him to be awesome as he turned out as I only gave him the no.18 shirt when 10 was available but awesome was what he turned out to be. I temporarily improved my GK situation with a loanee from Servette, much better than anything else I had. And in came a DC as well, along with another Servette loanee (he was also here last season but barely played), so 4 out of the 5 positions were changed in the Summer. What I was really hoping for happened as Romain Guichard signed a new Servette contract and strolled down the road for a 3rd season on loan. He brought with him a utiliy midfielder and a good MC. I might not be allowed a parent club but Servette are doing their best to make up for that.

Out went the usual unwanted riff-raff for no money at all.

So come the first match I had a better GK, DL and AMC (although he moved straight up front after this match), a slighly weaker midfield, and the rest was the same (the DCs came in after a couple of matches). Was not too sure what to expect....

A 1-4 battering by Delemont was not ideal but 4 straight wins without conceding a goal was much better, although another defeat followed. Then 4 more unbeaten matches culminating in this mighty impressive horsing of Yverdon, possibly the best result I had had so far (the same day Luzern absolutely destroyed Bellinzona 10-0). We were up to 4th and only 3 points behind 2nd, ideas above our station started to enter my mind. Obviously they were destroyed by Kriens (1-4) in the next match icon_rolleyes.gif. 2 more league defeats and 3 draws and I was hoping for top ten. Thankfully 4 straight victories followed, and we ended unbeaten in 9, although 5 were draws.

So, at the break we are solidly in 6th place.

1 more point than last year and a better team as well. Could / should be better as in amongst those 5 draws mentioned above, 4 were against teams in the bottom 5, at their place but still at least 3 should have been won easily.

Franz Sutter, the AM/F C is stunning, 16 goals so far, and something happened to Cortesi over the Summer as he went from average backup to the God of Assists, 11 so far. Our new defensive is solid, in fact, the whole team is mainly playing very well.

My aim is to at least stay in 6th and maybe grab 5th from Lugano, as long as there is not a repeat of last years disaster....

After seeing this challenge last year I wanted to give it a go this time around. I chose PSNI in Northern Ireland after a good time with them in 07.

I've already done season one.

2uy17c3.jpg I did pretty well and it was pretty much thanks to one signing, Paul Conlon.

1jkux.jpg

Onto season 2 now and I'll be posting on how I do!

Csepel SC - End of season update - 2008/09 (Season 1) - Hungarian Division II

Hungarian Division II - 3rd

Hungarian Cup - Second Round

The Signings

Roguy Meye - A quick striker who should really be very good but never performs. Scored just 1.

Tamas Bakos - Pacy winger who can also play full back and centre back. Good season, god a good number of assists.

Attila Toth - Decent young winger, only played a few but scored 2 30 yard free kicks. One for the future.

Gabor Ferenczi - Attacking midfielder, creative and solid, played well this season.

Adam Viniczai - Solid keeper signed at the last minute as no-one was available on loan. Started slowly but improved as the season went on.

Norbert Szilagyi - One of the top scorers in the division last season for Szolnok and they missed him. Usually played on the right wing for us and got some important and spectacular goals.

Nandor Zoufal - Solid central defender.

Loans

(From MTK parent club)

Mark Aranyos - back from last season but to nowhere near the same effect. Only got 4.

(Other)

Norbert Fekete - Good prospect but rarely played. Solid when he did get a game though and I might try and get him back.

Zoltan Barabas - Played nearly every game and despite low physical attributes became an important member of our team.

Jozsef Medgyesi - Quality right back, will try to get him back if a permanent move for someone else doesn't materialise.

The season started well with 9 wins from 10 but our chances of promotion looked slim as Oroshaza had won 10/10 without conceding a goal icon_eek.gif. We were fairly consistent throughout the season, mainly dropping points where expected but not really ever challenging Oroshaza. Going into the mid-season break we were 6 points off the top and we strengthened the squad by signing Peter Szakaly in midfield. He got 2 goals on his debut and was class ever since in there. Our main problem was that some of our players who had been good were aging rapidly and had gone from good players at the start to poor players mid-season. There weren't really many players available though to sign any more. We continued our decent form but couldn't close the gap. As the season drew to a close Vac went on an excellent run of form and overtook us challenging Oroshaza who we beat 4-1 on the final day meaning Vac went up. We finished in 3rd which is one better than last season. our main challengers next season are going to be Oroshaza who have finished second the past two season and Ujpest, champions of Hungary two seasons ago who got relegated despite playing Champions League football.

In the cup we lost in the second round again but this time to a top division club 2-0. We put up a good fight but just weren't good enough.

Star players this season were the aforementioned Szakaly and Bozovic but he wasn't nearly as good as last year. Attila Kovacs who was good last year but improved a lot. Attila Vacsi was my best player, an 18 year old, pacy striker who got 21 in 21 this season. Forgot to do a screenshot though.

Finances are good again although the wage budget is starting to get a little stretched.

Club Info

Best 11 (Season)

Best 11 (Overall)

Manager Stats (I've also just noticed I'm a popular manager icon_biggrin.gif That's a first for me.)

Games - 64

Won - 40

Drew - 13

Lost - 11

Goals - For - 2.5p/m

Against - 1.2p/m

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 0

Club Co-Efficient, N/A

Nation Co-Efficient, 23rd (-)

Originally posted by matt_lfc_matt:

After seeing this challenge last year I wanted to give it a go this time around. I chose PSNI in Northern Ireland after a good time with them in 07.

I've already done season one.

2uy17c3.jpg I did pretty well and it was pretty much thanks to one signing, Paul Conlon.

1jkux.jpg

Onto season 2 now and I'll be posting on how I do!

Sorry to break the bad news, but PSNI start out in the Northern Irish Second Division, which means they're ineligible for the challenge.

Meldert, Belgium - September 4th 2027

Euro update:

We have managed to extend our European campaign past the winter break for the past three seasons now, and that finally payed off. For the first time we no longer had to play the Second Qual Round, and went straight into the Third, seeded.

We drew Red Star Belgrade, which I considered a tricky opponent, as unseeded teams come.

Red Star - Meldert: 0-4

However, we effectively finished them off in the away leg. The result was deserved, though we didn't convert our dominance into a convincing score line until late in the match.

Meldert - Red Star: 1-3

We didn't play nearly as well as we had done in Belgrade. Luckily our safety margin was big enough, though I did worry slightly when we were reduced to ten men. A match to forget about asap.

We were third seeds in the group draw, also for the first time. Our group:

1. PSV

2. Werder Bremen

3. Meldert

4. Sparta Prague

I'm reasonably pleased with that group. Finishing third is a minimum in this group, and I'll be aiming for a top two spot. That won't be easy, but we have a fairly good record against PSV and Bremen.

We had good results against PSV last year (a home draw and a win in Eindhoven).

We were in a group with Werder Bremen three seasons ago - the first season when we didn't finish last in the group - and drew them twice.

And the matches against Sparta Prague will offer a good chance for revenge, since they were the ones who knocked us out of the UEFA Cup First Knockout Round two seasons ago, after we had dominated our group.

Euro coefficients:

Club: 31st - 65.043

Nation: 11th - 33.475 (2-2-1)

Club rankings.

Another nice jump up, and we're finally in a respectable position. The climb up the ranks will undoubtedly slow down a bit now, but if we continue to survive past December, we should still go up a few more spots.

Breaking into the top 20, just about, should be possible in a few years, but consistency will be the key.

Originally posted by Jaswarbrick:

Hi guys, just starting a challenge with my new Icelandic team. I may have set the start date a year later than i should have done, but i am still starting with a team that has just been promoted to the first division, so this should be ok Gundo?

fmicelandho7.jpg

That's fine as long as the team you have picked doesn't have any previous 'FM' playable league history.

Welcome and best of luck. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Bumble:

Hmm, I'd really like to have a go at this, I'm just stuck trying to decide which league!

Here's the end of season reset dates Bumble:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> League re-set dates

Austria - 23rd June.

Belarus - 10th February.

Belgium - 29th June.

Bulgaria - 29th June.

Croatia - 18th June.

Czech Republic - 28th June.

Denmark - 5th July.

Finland - 7th January.

Greece - 19th June.

Hungary - 19th June.

Iceland - 20th January.

Ireland - 5th January.

Israel -

N.Ireland - 29th April.

Norway - 18th January.

Poland - 28th June.

Romania -

Russia - 26th December.

Serbia - 9th July.

Slovakia - 28th June.

Slovenia - 28th June.

Sweden - 25th December.

Switzerland - 18th June.

Turkey - 19th June.

Ukraine - 18th June.

Wales - 18th June. </pre>

Thanks Gundo - I was going to try my hand at N. Ireland but holidayed past the playoff time frame and neither of the 'relegated' teams lost icon_frown.gif

It depressed me and I think I'll try my hand a little further afield - Poland looks quite tempting and their league structure could be fun.

Someone with experience on how the Northern Irish leagues work would be nice. I holidayed to the end of April as said, and there was a play-off. One of the newly promoted sides (Clough Rangers) beat Wakehurst and have so qualified to be eligible for me to take over. However, when I retired my holiday man to take charge, I realised that I couldn't take over yet as it wasn't the next season. So, when does it start?

Don't worry, cracked it. Media Prediction was 9th, I have a few players, one right back is called Richard Hammond! Told the board I'd win the league (maybe not my best idea) for a wage budget of 2.1k a week, and I have some quite humorously okay staff bar an ass man!

I have 80 days to assemble a new team, and the season is remarkably short which is brilliant for me. Hopefully, I can storm the first two leagues and get to the Premier Division third season to begin the dynasty properly.

Profile: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8yuwif&s=3

Originally posted by Mike_Cardinal:

Don't worry, cracked it. Media Prediction was 9th, I have a few players, one right back is called Richard Hammond! Told the board I'd win the league (maybe not my best idea) for a wage budget of 2.1k a week, and I have some quite humorously okay staff bar an ass man!

I have 80 days to assemble a new team, and the season is remarkably short which is brilliant for me. Hopefully, I can storm the first two leagues and get to the Premier Division third season to begin the dynasty properly.

Profile: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=8yuwif&s=3

Good luck

Thanks.

Okay, so all I've managed to do is buy a keeper and a left midfielder on frees, when some cup is sprung upon me, where I get a group full of teams a league above me! Somehow my team of greys plus left mid and keeper beat Dundela 1-0! The hilarious thing is they didn't even danger me, despite my player's attempts to gift them penalties, (several free kicks around the area at the end), and a sending off. I've just stopped laughing.

Originally posted by Mike_Cardinal:

Thanks.

Okay, so all I've managed to do is buy a keeper and a left midfielder on frees, when some cup is sprung upon me, where I get a group full of teams a league above me! Somehow my team of greys plus left mid and keeper beat Dundela 1-0! The hilarious thing is they didn't even danger me, despite my player's attempts to gift them penalties, (several free kicks around the area at the end), and a sending off. I've just stopped laughing.

icon_biggrin.gif Some how grey teams and player do quite good some times

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bumble:

Hmmm, ten games in and 0-0-10. Is it okay to jump before I'm pushed? icon_frown.gif

wow that looks bad icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that the team is awful but the standard of quality available (to me) seems much lower than the other teams in the decision, and they're not loans.

Just playing around with tactics to see if it's me as the standard/tactical set up is very comparable to the English leagues but it's very frustrating

Meldert, Belgium - October 6th 2027

Champions League Group Stage, matches 1 and 2:

Meldert - Sparta Prague: 0-0

The important opening match against the fourth seed, and again we failed to finish it off. We were the better team, but that's not saying much. The match was a snooze fest. Frustrating.

PSV - Meldert: 0-3

What we couldn't do against Prague went much easier against PSV. We got the early goal and managed to keep the first half relatively low-action. PSV came at us in the second half, and we finished them off with some great counter attacking.

So, like last year, we managed to bring the three points home from Eindhoven. I'm starting to like Philips Stadium. icon_smile.gif

Other results in the group:

Werder Bremen - PSV: 1-1

Sparta Prague - Werder Bremen: 0-0

So we're in the lead for now, but it's early. Still, the three points against PSV are a nice result, so after the disappointing draw, we're back on schedule.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bumble:

Hmmm, ten games in and 0-0-10. Is it okay to jump before I'm pushed? icon_frown.gif

wow that looks bad icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that the team is awful but the standard of quality available (to me) seems much lower than the other teams in the decision, and they're not loans.

Just playing around with tactics to see if it's me as the standard/tactical set up is very comparable to the English leagues but it's very frustrating </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might be the rep of your team icon_confused.gif

Annihilator666 - SC FC Juventus - Season 08/09 - Swiss Challenge League

And so it begins.

Manager Profile

Club Information

I chose YF Juventus over the other promoted team Tuggen, because Tuggen already have a £3mil loan debt, and NO training facilities (although they have a bigger stadium). Plus, I start off with Grasshoper as my parent team. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, I already have a few players in the squad, so I won't have to frantically sign 15 players before the season starts.

FC Baulmes - Swiss Super League 2010/11

Table

Graph

Avoided the drop...just. I had a bit of luck with the teams below me, they started the season poorly and their players morale dropped which kept them both in the relegation zone till the end allowing us to survive. A nice surprise was being awarded a place in the euro cup for sporting play.

Transfers

Team

Had a hard time finding players to improve the team as we're still semi-professional and few million off from turning pro, so no one better than we already have wants to join which is going to make avoiding relegation next season really difficult.

Meldert, Belgium - October 27th 2027

Champions League Group Stage, match 3:

Meldert - Werder Bremen: 1-1

Werder Bremen - who are, as it happens, last year's Champions League winners, though admittedly slightly surprising - had us on the back foot for large portions of the match. It took almost a half hour before we got our first shot in the vague direction of their goal.

At the end of the first half our play improved slightly, and we managed to score from our one good attack, in injury time. An important goal to take into the dressing room.

The second half started much the same as the first, and our defenders and goalie had to earn their pay. Up to the 70th minute or so, I would have gladly given a small toe to finish the match with a point.

But as the second half progressed, we did get the occasional dangerous chance, and the last twenty minutes were almost entirely ours. Snatching the winning goal would have been undeserved though, so I can't be unhappy about the result.

Group table.

Six matches played in the group, five ended in a draw, and we got the one win, so it's looking good. It can still go in any direction though. Our away match against Prague will be crucial.

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I'm staying away from Eastern Europe for now. At least the beer here should be good.

icon_biggrin.gif Good luck lets hope it's a bit easier </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sacking wasn't so bad. It was the lynch mobs prowling the streets for me. I've played Resident Evil 4: I know fear in an Eastern European backwater icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I'm staying away from Eastern Europe for now. At least the beer here should be good.

icon_biggrin.gif Good luck lets hope it's a bit easier </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sacking wasn't so bad. It was the lynch mobs prowling the streets for me. I've played Resident Evil 4: I know fear in an Eastern European backwater icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Fc Jarfalla - Swedish First Division South - 2009 - 2012

Hello! I've been away for a while playing the game and I have a few seasons to report on, so bear with me!

2009-2010

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/2010LeagueTable.jpg

Our first attempt in the division was to say the least tough! Really struggled to get any sort of form going at all and I can safely say the only reason we stayed up was because the teams below us were even worse! But stay up we did and I figured with that achieved we could go onto good things from there.

2010-2011

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/2011LeagueTable.jpg

The board said they wanted a respectable league position from me and I was really chuffed with the team's performance. As you can see we were only 2 points off making the playoffs, bu in hindsight we weren't ready to go up at that stage. It was a good season which boosted the board and fans' faith in me which made the next season one to really push for promotion.

2011-2012

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/2012LeagueTable.jpg

Easily my most enjoyable year of management at the club! We never really looked like losing a game and it was annoying that we did! The football was good and morale stayed high throughout the season which really kept us going.

Players

There were a few notable players who helped us up. First of all:-

Valentino Pidre

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Pidre1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Pidre2.jpg

As you can see he was a player I got on loan initially but managed to sign on a full time basis after the first season. He was key in the second season, scoring goals for fun and winning the Fan's Player Of The Year award. His third season was also really good given he played most of the campaign in midfield!

Axel Palm

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Palm1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Palm2.jpg

I signed him from the AIK youth set up and he had a decent if not spectacular first season. This time round however he was brilliant. He was on course to be the clubs top scorer but when Thor came in on loan (see below), I moved him out onto the right wing where he continued to contribute a few goals and assists. Loads of First Division Elite clubs have been sniffing round him but he seems content to stay at Jarfalla for the moment.

Johannes Thor

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Thor.jpg

Wow! I signed him based on a strong scout recommendation but I was a little suspect given his low Finishing stat. But he clearly demonstrated the importance of Pace and Acceleration in FM 08. I set him up as a quick striker in front of Pidre/Palm as target men and his speed meant he could get past the last line of defence and put them away time and time again. An absolute revelation for us and one of the main reasons why we won the league. The down side is that he's a loan deal but I will be trying my hardest to secure him full time!

Loan Deals In General

It was in this last season that I've really noticed the importance and ease of getting top quality players on loan in Sweden. There doesn't seem to be a cap on how many you can bring in which means I inevitably brought in a few Premiership players. Without going into too much detail, here are some screenshots:-

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Gustavsson.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Svanberg.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Malmstrom.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Vasquez.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Maripuu.jpg

These guys stats compared to the division average are unreal! They helped build a solid midfield that was impenetrable at times. Normally I'm against bringing in too many loan players as you just lose them at the end of the season, but in Sweden it's really easy to just replace them with equally good young Premiership players.

General Info

A few more screenshots for the season

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/SeasonSummary.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Finances-3.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Confidence.jpg

...........and just for cookie and Gundo

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/saab693/Burda.jpg

Not looking too hot!

For anyone whose managed to read all this, thank you very much! I am loving this challenge! It's easily the most fun I've had out of FM in years and I would recommend it to anyone whose thinking about it but hasn't signed up yet. Do it!

Originally posted by saab693:

Not looking too hot!

For anyone whose managed to read all this, thank you very much! I am loving this challenge! It's easily the most fun I've had out of FM in years and I would recommend it to anyone whose thinking about it but hasn't signed up yet. Do it!

Mr Burda certainly doesn't look to be the force he once was. icon_frown.gif

Glad to here you are enjoying the challenge Saab693. icon14.gif Your playing in a Scandinavian leagues I mean I wouldn't expect anything else. icon_biggrin.gif

Annihilator - good luck with Juventus. in my 7 seasons so far in the CL (+ 5/6 reloads at the start) they have never come up, but we did manage to lose to them in the cup last year though icon_frown.gif. tbh, i have never seen Tuggen before either icon_biggrin.gif, bit bemused that these 2 teams came up first time ahead of Baulmes, Martigny, Nyon etc.

anyway, you have a parent club which will make your task much easier, not that i am totally blaming that for my ineptitude so far at escaping the division, given that i have had Sion and Servette loaning me players left, right and centre for the last 3 years...

Jazza - congrats on staying up, especially with so few signings. if i ever get promoted and, seriously, i can't see it happening for a few more years, then i would be overjoyed at finishing 9th and winning the play-off, let alone 8th. good luck with the second attempt at relegation avoidance.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saab693:

Not looking too hot!

Mr Burda certainly doesn't look to be the force he once was. icon_frown.gif

Glad to here you are enjoying the challenge Saab693. icon14.gif Your playing in a Scandinavian leagues I mean I wouldn't expect anything else. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha its true, I can only speak for Sweden but Scandinavian footy is brilliant! Couple of qs for you actually Gundo

- Has anyone completed the challenge yet? I haven't seen a table like Dafuge's yet though I thought you did have one

- How do i edit my posts? It's doing my head in having to explain what each link is and it looks messy!

Cheers

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - End Of Season 2012-13

Media Prediction: 2nd

Final League Position - 1st (Winners)

Champions League - Qual. 1st Round

Welsh Cup: Winners

Welsh Challenge Cup:

FAW Premier Cup: Final

Table

Team | Team Info

Manager Info | Team Info

Transfers

Finances

Season Best 11 | Overall Best 11

A very good season adding the Welsh cup to my cups

As you can see some of my best players are leaving me next season as the chairman stepped-in the amounts below have not been added to the finances and manager info

Mark Hogg = 1mil

Simon Harris = 625,000

The Stadium is getting 916 seats added icon_biggrin.gif which will take 9 months so we have to move to the Newport stadium which has 4300 seats thats 4 time more

My Training is getting improve which will take 3 months

With the ablilty to scout world wide my scouts have been look around the world and have found some decent plays I sign some in january on pre deals

Manager Of Year:- Me

Player of the year:- Sandy Fotheringham

Fans player of the Year:- Sandy Fotheringham

History

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Season 1 - Welsh Premier League 2nd

Season 2 - Welsh Premier League 2nd & Welsh Challenge Cup

Season 3 - Welsh Premier League 1st & Welsh Challenge Cup

Season 4 - Welsh Premier League 1st & Welsh Challenge Cup

Season 5 - Welsh Premier League 1st & Welsh Cup

</pre>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">