Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

Well, seeing as my dafuge game died and this really appealed to me, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring, managing the might Hvot in Iceland.

good luck mate icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh bugger! This is hard...

Breaking news....

Knocbreda have just completed Game 50 in an unbeaten league streak.

Amazingly, they have not yet completed a season unbeaten.!!!

Last season 1 loss (Game 8)

Current season, 0 losses with 2 games remaining

Its possible, and probable, but im not getting my hopes up, just incase icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by 442to445:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 442to445:

Well, seeing as my dafuge game died and this really appealed to me, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring, managing the might Hvot in Iceland.

Oh bugger! This is hard... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first few seasons will be tough, getting used to a team you've never heard of, looking at players you've never seen before, and finding out that someone with more than 10 in 3 physical attributes is amazing will be tough. But when you get used to the idea of it all... It'll start to become fun.

Unearthing that young gem to become a club legend, ir getting that first EVER trophy for the club, makes all the hard work worthwhile ! icon_wink.gif

Nyva Ternopil End of Season 2008-2009 Update

Well this was a very good season, unexpected promotion has season us promoted to the Ukranian High League. We finished second in the First League, so now we will be playing with the big boys. This is how the final standings looked.

We took an exit to the Ukranian Cup at the quarter finals stage at the hands of the eventual winners Dinamo Kiev.

Here is a picture of the records we have set, including top goalscorer, most MOTM awards, highest win, heaviest defeat etc.

This is a screenshot of our transfer dealings for the season, made quite a bit in January, although i would have preferred not to lose any of them! They will be sorely missed come the new season but the board needed the money and accepted the offers icon_frown.gif

Well a end of season report wouldn't be complete with a personal player of the season report. I have decided to give it to my most influential player, the man who makes the team tick, my playmaker as you would have it, Ruslan Levyga this man was my second top goalscorer, and by far the most consistent performer, when we needed someone to kick us up into the next gear he stepped up, and without him, this season i doubt we would have made it to the High League, I'm glad he will be with us next season, but with him playing so well I wonder how long i can hang on to him for!

Well in the new season im hoping to establish myself with a mid table finish or even a top half finish as i feel with a little bit of strenghtening of the side, we will be able to compete with the big boys of this division! And hopefully not this season, but the following I can make my way to that glorious league crown icon_smile.gif

and with that the report is over, the new season is upon us, and the building of Nyva Ternopil will continue!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Oh bugger! This is hard... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first few seasons will be tough, getting used to a team you've never heard of, looking at players you've never seen before, and finding out that someone with more than 10 in 3 physical attributes is amazing will be tough. But when you get used to the idea of it all... It'll start to become fun.

Unearthing that young gem to become a club legend, ir getting that first EVER trophy for the club, makes all the hard work worthwhile ! icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i found it hard the first time round doing this in 07, but with that behind me i knew what to look for at start of this, and i always scout players before, this was the key in finding the players for promotion (although i was tipped for mid table so wasn't in relegation battle) but the first time trying with small clubs is real difficult, once your scouts pick up some players dont stop pressing, the main thing must be try and hunt down a parent club! they are very useful in the opening stages IMO

Well its another day and another start to this challenge.

This time ive gone to Romania. I chose the only team from Bucharest to be promoted because i want to rival the clubs such as Steua, dinamo and rapid. Also i am predicted to finish higher than bottom this time, in fact out of the relegation zone so maybe i have more chance of doing well with this one.

Club Info

Champions League - Group stage

Well our first match was away at Werder Bremen. I'm not sure whether i'm disappointed or not icon_rolleyes.gif

We lost 3-1, but had an equal amount of possession and shots, the difference was the finishing icon_frown.gif

Two days before the game i lost Storil (ST) a young Norwegian to Anderlecht for £1.5 mil who had been in a rich vein of form. Typically Cingular couldn't step up, again icon_rolleyes.gif

I've bought in a 20 year old Italian ST to replace Storil, but he wasn't fit for the match. I might be resorting to Alzamora, my Chilean player as he is beginning to hit form again.

So, i'm pleased that it was an even game, but disappointed that we lost 3-1. Oh well thats Football i guess!

Nepenthez Thats an impressive unbeaten streak!

Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

Well its another day and another start to this challenge.

This time ive gone to Romania. I chose the only team from Bucharest to be promoted because i want to rival the clubs such as Steua, dinamo and rapid. Also i am predicted to finish higher than bottom this time, in fact out of the relegation zone so maybe i have more chance of doing well with this one.

Club Info

good luck in romania. icon14.gif i had a brief dabble there before christmas - it was quite tough, so i shelved it and moved nearer to home and Wales. to be fair though it was pretty much my first go in the challenge so that's my excuse!!

i look forward to reading your updates.

I've restarted this challenge. This time in Iceland. The choice fell on Afterelding.

Here I am.

They actually had quite some players, but no staff at all. 2 days after I got in charge the rumors about a board takeover started. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

btw, does anyone know why allmost every icelandic assman has allmost perfect knowledge of Serbia???

Originally posted by iacovone:

I wish you a lot of luck in Iceland, this will be the definition of a challenge! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, looke about 3 posts up - seeing as I'm dog sick with the flu and my body clock is screwed, I had the pleasure of playing through the wee small hours - and failing miserably.

I had a squad unfortunately however, I forgot to bring in a barn door so the strikers could hit it or the defense could practise putting one up.

Slavonija Champions League Update - 22/23

3rd Qual Round

AZ Alkmar 1-1 Slavonija

I'm going to have to miss out screenshots for a few days as my internet is slightly KO'd. So without further ado - the report of this game. Basically we struggled first half and found ourselves 1-0 down at half time. I think I slightly underestimated AZ as they really came out and attacked us. It didn't help that I still had two suspended players from last years campaign - Ante Cindric © and Jaime Garcia. Despite the weaker side, we recovered in the second half and that man Sinisa Lucic rounded the keeper to equalise. With the score at 1-1 I decided to take off a forward and go to 5 at the back. It worked and we played out the rest of the game and take home a 1-1 draw. We should qualify barring any absolute shockers!

Slavonija Champions League Update - 22/23

3rd Qual Round leg 2

Slavonija 0-0 AZ

Well we're through on away goals. It was a tense game in Croatia but thankfully my keeper was on song and we're through to the group stage for the fourth year running. icon14.gif

Group Draw

We were 2nd seeds for the first time icon14.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Valencia

Slavonija

Spartak Moscow

Rangers

</pre>

Well we're in a fairly tough group given we were 2nd seeds. And we meet Valencia again - the side that beat us in the Champions League Semi Final 3 years ago! Have we progressed from a 9-3 aggregate drubbing?

Originally posted by cookie15:

Champions League - Group stage

Well our first match was away at Werder Bremen. I'm not sure whether i'm disappointed or not icon_rolleyes.gif

We lost 3-1, but had an equal amount of possession and shots, the difference was the finishing icon_frown.gif

Two days before the game i lost Storil (ST) a young Norwegian to Anderlecht for £1.5 mil who had been in a rich vein of form. Typically Cingular couldn't step up, again icon_rolleyes.gif

I've bought in a 20 year old Italian ST to replace Storil, but he wasn't fit for the match. I might be resorting to Alzamora, my Chilean player as he is beginning to hit form again.

So, i'm pleased that it was an even game, but disappointed that we lost 3-1. Oh well thats Football i guess!

Nepenthez Thats an impressive unbeaten streak!

Cheers mate.!

And yea, its OK .. but Annihilator is on like, 380 Game unbeaten league streak icon_frown.gif

Got a long way to go before im there.!

OK I give the **** up, played my first five opening fixtures in Israel, 4-0-1, looking good, first league game of the season 75% of first team (new signings) are good old INE for some reason and no, I was never asked to register a team for the league... idiotic.

Originally posted by 442to445:

OK I give the **** up, played my first five opening fixtures in Israel, 4-0-1, looking good, first league game of the season 75% of first team (new signings) are good old INE for some reason and no, I was never asked to register a team for the league... idiotic.

Od dear icon_frown.gif

Od dear icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What makes it more annoying is the first five games (due to slowness in recruiting) were the divisional 'Toto' cup, and they were eligible for that... So they can play against teams from the league in the cup but not in the league... curious.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2017/18 (Season 10) - N. Irish Premier Division

Firstly....

For the first time in my FM08 career, I completed an Unbeaten season icon_smile.gif

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st (WINNERS.!)

Champions League - Qual. 2nd Round (Last year, 1st Round)

Irish Cup - Winner's (v Portadown) (Last year, Winners)

League Cup - Winner's (v H & W Welders) (Last year, Winners)

Antrim Cup - Semi-Final (Last year, Winners) - Gutted here. Got knocked out on pens to a "Grey Team", First time they've done me in years icon_frown.gif

All Ireland Cup - 3rd In Group A - Getting closer this year, nearly nicking a couple of wins.

N. Irish Premier Division - League Table | League Graph

Manager Info - Manager Info Screen | Manager Overview

Records - Player Records | Team Records

Knockbreda Info - Team Info Screen | Squad Stats | Finances | Season Summary | "Other Winners"

Best Elevens - Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland Co-Efficients (48th, Up 1) | Knockbreda Co-Efficients (510th, up 13)

Awards - Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas | U-21 Player of the Year - Kevin Walker | Player of the Year - Ant Dunphy | N. Irish Player of the Year - Paul Wallace | Top Scorer - Paul Wallace (34 Goals)

Superstar's -

Pat Spence - Another awesome season, 11 goals, 47 assists. Cant ask more from the winger.

Paul Wallace - 63 Goals, 18 assists, 18 Motm awards. He just gets better every year.!

Season Summary

Another winning season. 4th Title in a row, and this season it was all the better for not losing. Got much further into the Champs league this season, and can really see the gap closing between me and the Irish counterparts in the All "Grey" Irish Cup. Paul wallace hit another 63 goals, and Pat Spence got a record breaking 47 assists for the season.! The new 5000+ Seater stadium worked wonders for me, taking my bank balance from around £300,000 up to near the £1,000,000 mark. A lot of my young signings are turning out to be a lot better than I thought they would be, which is encouraging, especially due to my best midfielder Ben Howards deciding to leave at the end of his contract.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 353

Goals: 395

Assists: 141

MotM: 112

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2016/17 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

2017/18 Co-Efficient = 0.440 (510th) | Up 13

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 10 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 467

Won - 304

Drew - 71

Lost - 92

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 6

Club Co-Efficient, 510th

Nation Co-Efficient, 48th

something a little odd that i've just come across.

As you all know, I'm manging in N. Ireland, and after 10 seasons, (so, 11 years in game)... AFC Wimbledon's Player Nationality list is as follows.

Anguilla - 3 players

Bermuda - 4 players

Caymen Islands - 1 player

Jamaica - 1 player

Monserat - 1 player

N. Ireland - 2 players

New Zealand - 1 player

Turcs and Caicos Islands - 7 players

British Virgin Islands - 10 players.

Thats bizarre. Not 1 english player in the entire squad, and all of the players are from the little nations? Why would it be this way?

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 1873Chris:

Started with some mob in Norway

Already Chairman is willing to listen to offersNot the best start

Looking forward to it thoLike the pic

Best of luck with your Oslo based club. icon14.gif

That's the wrong profile you've posted you know? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I now mate made a mistake in photobucket changed in another post

Come on Norwegian Mob

NepentheZ - i'm not that far into the game but after 4 years of game, it always seems to be me, AFC Wimbledon & Newport County competing to sign Islanders... no one else ever really seems bothered. strange...

442to445 - it isn't something to do with the age of the players is it? they're not either young, or on youth contracts or something? i had something similar in wales my first season where a couple of youngsters i wanted to play couldn't for the season. i assumed that had something to do with age as they were 15.....

i'm about to my 4th season with Caerleon and i'm at a crossroads. i can't decide whether to plod along with my current 5-3-2 formation or to switch to a more conventional formation of 4-4-2 to try and bridge the gap to Llanelli.

i fear that staying with my formation will mean i can never challenge for the title. my other option is to 'attack' and go to a 3-4-3 formation aiming to try and score more than the opposition!! icon_biggrin.gif

i just feel that i might need to be brave and 'have a go' so to speak. i'd test it in pre-season but that's over now. (i had my usual pre-season of losing most games against inferior opposition... icon_rolleyes.gif )

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

NepentheZ, well done mate. icon14.gif

Hopefully you can make some progress in Europe now. icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers mate icon14.gif

Qst Qual Round and i've got an unknown polish team, 2nd round draw is a Levski, from bulgaria. Who knows, with a bit of luck, i could get to the 3rd round. This is by far the easiest route there atm.

I just had a brainstorming idea, and realised why my team are so inconsistent..

Squad average age is only 18 icon_eek.gif oldest player being only 21.

If I can gain promotion, then I'm sure going up again into the Premier Division qill be a formality.

All sounds so easy when I put it like that icon_biggrin.gif

NepentheZ good season, Wallace seems to score for fun. Any big clubs intrested???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

NepentheZ, well done mate. icon14.gif

Hopefully you can make some progress in Europe now. icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers mate icon14.gif

Qst Qual Round and i've got an unknown polish team, 2nd round draw is a Levski, from bulgaria. Who knows, with a bit of luck, i could get to the 3rd round. This is by far the easiest route there atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scratch that.

I fear my game may have crashed.

Its been on the processing bar for ages now, and hasn't moved an inch. icon_frown.gif

I'll leave it a few more minutes, but its not looking good.

Originally posted by sergent21:

NepentheZ good season, Wallace seems to score for fun. Any big clubs intrested???

Cheers. And oddly, no. There's NEVER been a club interested in him, and hes never asked to leave.! Hes contracted until he is 30, at which point if he wants to leave, i wont hold back.!

He needs just 5 more goals to hit 400. If he gets over 500 in his career, i'd be amazingly over the moon. When i signed him, i never imagined he would be so prolific.

Qst Qual Round and i've got an unknown polish team, 2nd round draw is a Levski, from bulgaria. Who knows, with a bit of luck, i could get to the 3rd round. This is by far the easiest route there atm.

That doesn't seem to bad a start, you never know, bit of luck....

Kilmore Rec. N.Ireland Premier Division. 2020/2021. 1st

So, we won the league.....again.

Champions.

Special mention to Francis Derbyshire, who top scored with 76 goals in 63 games, shame that he wanted to move, so I had to sell him for £670k, 30% on next sale and a friendly with Rangers.

Derbyshire profile.

But we do have a replacement ready for the new season in Paul Taylor.

We won the Irish Cup, League Cup, Antrim Cup and................... The All-Ireland Cup!!!

Here is my Player of the Year.

Transfers.

Note: The transfers of Derbyshire and Taylor happened at the end of the season/start of next season.

Board agreed to upgrade training and youth facilities, and expand the stadium but the council blocked it!!

Gits!! icon_mad.gif

Gundo

7 League titles.

Club Coefficients: 310th (6.704)

Nation Coefficients: 39th (5.167)

Originally posted by sergent21:

Great season happy slappy and you won the all Ireland Cup which appears to be a problem for most others playing in Northern Ireland so icon14.gif

My team are starting to hit top form now, won the last two games 5-1 and 6-1 icon_smile.gif

I told a bit of a porky, I only won 4-1 and 6-1, not quite AS impressive but still in top form.

Long may it continue icon14.gif

My game crashed on the 8th July.

when i re-opened its 20th June. Not too bad, but thats twice in quick sucsession ive had a problem. I fear this could be going down the road to death? icon_frown.gif

let's hope not..........

Archived