Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by ghostwriter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mr susan:

Nope, still semi-pro unfortunately, which is why I can't get hold of any decent strikers.

Well done on your big win, and well done on your survival in the Challenge League so far. Hopefully with a growing reputation or a good vein of form you can start to push on soon, it would seem UGS have a bigger potential fanbase than Baulmes so when you start to see some success then you'll see atendances rise a lot. Is your board not keen on/unable to find a parent club because having Super League level loanees is a godsend. KUTGW icon14.gif

Still semi pro. Yikes, I can see how it might be difficult to attract players.

How is it going?

Thanks, the reputation has seemingly started to have an effect icon14.gif. Chucked in a few of the usual optimistic loan offers in the summer, and some of the players (for the first time ever) actually said yes (4 in total by the end) icon_eek.gif. Not only that, but 2 regulars for Lausanne (much better than UGS) decided to join me. Wondered what on earth was going on and it seems the clubs reputation is now regional, whereas when I started it was local, I assume given the sudden change that this is a recent development.

Still no feeder club, the board don't see the point in having one icon_rolleyes.gif. I sort have inadvertantly got 2 in Young Boys and Sion, signed 3 of the formers released youngsters this summer including a 20yo Swiss U21 striker (9caps/7gls) so maybe the goalscoring problem will be solved and 2 of Sions U18s are with me for a season.

Given the signings I made I actually entered the season with mild confidence, the top 10 might not be out of reach.

Yeah, I'd think we could have a pretty bit potential fanbase given our location but at the moment the average gate is 300 so it might be a few years away!

Anyway, nearly finished the first part of the season so there should be an update soon... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, good luck with your aim, I can see from your update that it is still entirely possible. Things are alright for us at the moment, we're surviving at least and our cup run has taken us to the semi-finals where we will face Servette, who are definitely beatable icon14.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update - SalPa - 2015 Post/Pre Season

------------------------------------

Awards

------------------------------------

The Fans player of the year was once again awarded to club captain Patrik Lomski for the fifth year running

Season Best 11

Overall Best 11

The highlighted players are this years inductees, Some reinducted this year

Premier Div Team of the Year

Lomski, Kettunen and Lagerblom all in this years Premier Divison Elect

Young Player of the Year

Patrick Lagerblom wins young player of the year

Striker of the Year

Striker of the Yeaqr goes to Patrick Lagerblom

Premier Div Top Scorer

Lagerblom finishes a respectable 3rd place

Player of the Year

Lagerblom completes the hattrick of awards with the Player of the Year

Rookie of the Year

Sinisalo gets in on the action with Rookie of the Year

Defender of the Year

...and so does Kettunen with Defender of the Year

-------------------------------------

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Timo Salmi

The best player from this years intake

Nobody has been promoted to the first team squad this season

Jarno Turonen (2009-14) - Jarno was released after the arrival of two back up midfielders.

Petri Eskola (2010) - Petri acted as good cover from left back to center mid

Tapio Linna (2010-12)

Jarkko Kekkonen (2010) - Jarkko is our very solid first choice right back

Antti-Pekka Moilanen (2011-12)

Antti Holopainen (2012) - Antti was reduced to playing a bit part last season, filling in when necerssary

Patrick Lagerblom (2014) - Youve heard his story this season. With the prospect of a full season ahead can he beat his 19 goals from 12 starts last season

TRANSFER INFO

Johannes Westo 1 - Demands to move in order to win trophies

Johannes Westo 2 - After being told to stay and help the club progress Westo puts in a written transfer request. I accept and slap a £500k price tag on his head. He becomes upset when i turn down a £125k from Tampere Utd

Antti Kuoppala - Back up right winger bought in for nothing

Samu Keskitalo - Back up center mid incase Westo leaves

One for the future. Was recommended as a potential to become a star Premier Division center half

SEASON PREVIEW

Title Odds / 40-1

Media Prediction / 10th (Bottom)

Still expected to battle relegation by the media however the board want a midtable finish. A task i believe after last seasons performance is well within our grasp. It looks likly we will lose Westo this year however ive bought in backup. I think if we get luck on ourside we may even grab a top 5 finish. In the cups id like to improve on last year and maybe even reach our first final.

Randaberg IL - 2013 Norwegian Tippeligaen End Of Season Report

We wrapped up the championship with one game to spare, which in turn meant that our last game against Tromso was pretty meaningless. However the fans still turned up in force and a new Randaberg Stadion attendance was set, 4045 fans passed through the gates on the day. The players didn't disappoint either running out 3-1 winners to cap what has been a fantastic campaign for Randaberg. icon14.gif

Final league table. icon14.gif

Randaberg Info. I'm now one of the clubs favoured personnel, along with Ringstad. icon_cool.gif

The stars of the show:

Mostafa Abdellaoue. My very first signing for Randaberg, a very nippy striker with great finishing. Can play upfront or out on the left wing.

The Rock at the heart of the defence - Jan Maslo. The giant slovak was immense at the heart of our back four. At 6'4" and the athleticism of the guy he is a real danger in the oppositions box also and he duly netted 4 league goals (all headers). icon_smile.gif

Robin Stiauren. Pacey winger, he played an important role in the fast counter attacks we continually had.

Cookie The boy done good, again! icon_wink.gifStian Ringstad. History page. Not that much too say really here? The screenies can of thel their own story. What I will say though; Absolute quality, just Immense. icon_smile.gif

Per Christian Myhre. History page. My favourite player once again was pretty awesone. With his Technique anything his possible, that coupled with his long and short range finishing ability makes this boy a joy to watch. icon_cool.gificon14.gif

I apologize for the amount of times I've used words like Immense and Fantastic, I just can't help myself. icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

The Randaberg Adventure So Far...

2014 Tippeligaen 1st Champions!

2013 Tippeligaen 11th

2012 1.divisjon 2nd Promoted.

2011 1.divisjon 5th

2010 1.divisjon 12th

2009 2.divisjon Avd.3 2nd Promoted.

2008 2.divisjon Avd.3 7th

Here we go - Final

It has finally come around, and with my team in reasonably good form, I fancy my chances of winning my first silverware and upsetting the odds, as they are a league higher than ourselves.

Will post the result in about 5 minutes max.. icon_wink.gif

C'Mon Killyleagh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - End of Season 2010-11

A 'breakthrough' season in the history of Caerleon AFC (well in my game anyway) as Caerleon won their first trophy and qualified for European competition for the first time. icon_cool.gif Admittedly it wasn't via the league as i had hoped, but it's european qualification none the less.

table

as the table shows, we finished 5th for the second season running. it wasn't an improvement as i had hoped for, but at least we didn't slip. the only disappointing thing was that again we were in 3rd for large parts of the season, only to fall in the run-in. icon_frown.gif Llanelli again were untouchable (although i did beat them en route to my cup win... icon_biggrin.gif )

Squad

there wasn't too much change in my first XI this season, with many of the same faces in the team. As the picture shows, we were heavily relient on Murray & Thomas to score the goals. Too much so in my opinion. Ben Joyce, a regular goalscorer previously, struggled to make an impact this year. icon_frown.gif i'd have liked a few others to chip in with goals but there you go.

Transfers

On the transfer front, this season was mainly about trying to reduce the playing squad at the club, as a result of spiralling wage costs. half a dozen Islanders were signed again this year, significantly adding some quality to the squad. icon_wink.gif Of those leaving, Keith Jackson left as a transfer record for us (£10k + £10k for 40+ goals) it was a great transfer for us, as he had never played for the club, and was only rated as decent by my coaches. icon_eek.gif

since the end of season, i have released a number of additional players to reduce the squad further, and i am trying hard to offload a number of youth players picking up £55 p/w... icon_eek.gif

(Finances

as the above shows, this is the most worrying part of my reign. this season has seen us lose thousands again, and coupled with falling attendances, it doesn't look great. icon_frown.gif this has to be a target for me this season.

Information Screen - check out the new kits!!

Fan's Player of the Year - Adam Murray

Adam probably deserved the honour this season. a fantastic return in his first full season with the club. i have high hopes for him.

Best Eleven - Season 2010-11

this represents accurately our best 11 for the season. due to their impressive form, i didn't tinker too much this season, other than when players were tired.

Best Eleven - Overall

only 1 addition to the starting line-up for best 11 overall - Jonathan Measom. more on him below. a number of the players on this graphic have now left the club (andy little, aaron Poglettke, luke holden, dean grubb) so this team should change quite significantly in the next season or two.

Players to Watch

Anthony Graham - Anthony had a decent season at the club. i decided to be brave and throw him in at the start of the season, and he never let me down. only the signing of Bob Blackburn pushed him out of the team, although there isn't too much between them on performance.

Jonathan Measom - a fantastic season from the youngster. firmly established himself as a key member of the starting eleven. club penalty taker too. was named in Welsh Premier League team of the season.

Simon Lake - another solid season for the player. established his position as a welsh U-19.

Craig Stevens - good season. has become a part of the Welsh U-21 setup. continuing to attract a lot of interest.

Michael Mitchell - Michael did not feature this season for the first team. he might need a season out on loan to gain some experience.

Lance Thomas - another solid return of goals from lance. attracting a lot of coverage by the press, as well as a lot of interest from other clubs.

Adam Murray - player of the season. broke the record for number of goals in the season for the club. hopefully he can maintain this form next season.

Aims

- break into the top 3

- win another cup - i've caught the bug of cup competitions!!

- reduce the wage bill, and in turn cut losses.

- beat Llanelli!! (wishful thinking...)

Originally posted by cookie15:

On a side note, have you started to lose your players to bigger European teams in July yet? It means my poor scouts are working overtime!!

Not yet no, although I dread the day that I do. icon_frown.gif I'm only getting Norwegian clubs interested at the moment, so it's not too bad.

Is Ringstad not wanting out of Skjetten yet? For me he seems content to stay for now, but his ever increasing value is going to make it harder and harder for Randaberg to keep hold of him.

Result

I knew we could do it icon_biggrin.gif

They were struggling at the foot of Division 1 and we were going well in Division 2 so knew we could do it. Started poorly, but a big team talk drew us level and we took control in the 2nd half, with plenty of chances being missed, but felt confident going into extra time.

They had no more to throw at us, and once we got 3-1, we were almost showboating.

Its a landmark day for Killyleagh Y.C and one which will be looked along fondly.

Also made the clubs favoured personnel list as well, which is a nice bonus.

Going to make a fist of winning the league and pushing on now in the coming seasons, definately have a team capable of doing it.

Good luck everybody icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by sergent21:

Result

I knew we could do it icon_biggrin.gif

They were struggling at the foot of Division 1 and we were going well in Division 2 so knew we could do it. Started poorly, but a big team talk drew us level and we took control in the 2nd half, with plenty of chances being missed, but felt confident going into extra time.

They had no more to throw at us, and once we got 3-1, we were almost showboating.

Its a landmark day for Killyleagh Y.C and one which will be looked along fondly.

Also made the clubs favoured personnel list as well, which is a nice bonus.

Going to make a fist of winning the league and pushing on now in the coming seasons, definately have a team capable of doing it.

Good luck everybody icon_biggrin.gif

yeah, congrats on the first cup win... it's a great feeling!! icon14.gif

Well nothing went well for me again, in my second attempt at the challenge, maybe next time i should try a team that has immediate potential. I was relegated from the Slovenien second division in 9th place by 2 points. Im going to think long and hard about which country i shall take next because i am absolutly determined to succeed at this challenge icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

Well nothing went well for me again, in my second attempt at the challenge, maybe next time i should try a team that has immediate potential. I was relegated from the Slovenien second division in 9th place by 2 points. Im going to think long and hard about which country i shall take next because i am absolutly determined to succeed at this challenge icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck in your quest. It's not easy starting in a completly ransom league. Thankfully I'm starting to get into my game now, and looking good, as shown by my cup vicory icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully you'll find somwhere where you'll enjoy your game, survive and build on into national and European success.

This is a lolment right here. My vice-captain Jason Campbell wants to leave. The thing is, he's been something of liability so far for me this season with a stupid amount of bookings.

He's the only player I've had since the very beginning and tbh, I was thinking of selling him. His stats aren't up to much and he's more a brute force than a classy midfielder.

So anyways, he comes out and says he wants to leave. Thinks he's a little better than he really he is tbh. I'm sure he'll line the benches of a club in the 1st division.

Au re-f##king-voir.

Thanks Jase for sorting that out. I can now slot Lovegrove in there and fans won't know you're gone. Bwahaha. I guess he was probably shocked when I turned round and said "sure, you can leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out." Suddenly he finds himself in Portadown reserves whilst his ex-teammates enjoy playing in the Champions League.

Crazy world, when a less than average player demands to be at a better club. The funny thing is no-one will sign him because they think he is *too* good. I guarantee in two seasons, he will have faded into complete obscurity.

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 26/27 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Attila Gulyás

Fans' Player of the Year - Attila Gulyás

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Best Eleven - Overall | Season

Champions League:

I stomped the opposition in the qualifying rounds, beating Dinamo Tirana 5-0 on agg., then Maccabi Haifa 10-2. I was still seeded third for the group draw, and got Man United, Galatasaray and Lillestrom. I figured I'd be happy to finish 3rd.

Anyways, first match against Galatasaray at home, and I lose 1-0 in a tight match. Next up is Lillestrom at their patch in Norway. I dominate the match and walk away with a 2-0 victory. After that, I travelled to the Theatre of Dreams to take on Man U. The team put in a decent performance, but the Red Devils were too strong and they picked up a 4-2 victory. However, in the return leg in Belfast, I picked up what is undoubtedly my best result so far in this challenge: a 4-0 thrashing of United. I couldn't carry this form into the next match, losing 3-1 in Turkey.

This meant, going into the last game of the group stages, if I beat Lillestrom and Galatasaray could beat Man U, I would qualify for the knockout stages. I did my bit by beating Lillestrom 2-1, unfortunately Galatasaray dropped the ball and lost 4-0 to United.

Champions League Group Table

In the first knockout round of the UEFA Cup, I was paired with Spartak Moscow. Having beaten them previously in a Champions League qualifying tie a couple of years previously, I was confident going into the first leg in Moscow. The boys outplayed them, and came away with a 3-0 win. Another win at home, this time 3-1, meant I went into the next round, where I was up against AZ Alkmaar (who had beaten Lazio). They were a half-"grey" team, and they beat me 4-1 in the first leg. A 2-1 victory in the second leg wasn't enough, and I was out of Europe.

All-Ireland Cup:

Frustrating this year, losing 4-2 to Drogheda United in the Semi-Finals.

The Board, Finances, etc.

I'm slowing approaching the £100mil mark, which isn't a big deal because I can't spend any of that money on players because anyone with a value of more than £500k doesn't want to come to the club. icon_mad.gif

The stadium is being expanded again, up to about 19.5k. icon14.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

14 Domestic Titles

Club Euro Coeff: 50th, 45.937

Nation Euro Coeff: 23rd, 17.750

Great work Annihalator.!!!

What a great season, 30 wins from 30 games.! Impressive..!! What's even more impressive is the fact that Glentoran are only 10 points behind you, and the 2 losses awarded to them are clearly from you.!

I'm a little suprised that you only get players to the vlue of £500,000..!! even though you are pro.

Winning the CL or even getting far im sure will bump the rep up enough to get better players.

How's your scouting now? Can you scout the world? Surely theres a lot of brazilians and the such that want to come your way?

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

We've just played Shaktar in the return leg. After beating them 5-2 away from home, we just needed a steady performance.

3-3 was not what i had in mind, but 2 goals from Amorim ensured our progress into the group stage for the very first time.

All the skjetten supporters were eagerly anticipating the draw. We were obviously unseeded and weere drawn out with: Barcelona, Marseille and Werder Bremen!

Not the easiest draw i'm sure you'd all agree, but what the hell we'll give it a go icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

We've just played Shaktar in the return leg. After beating them 5-2 away from home, we just needed a steady performance.

3-3 was not what i had in mind, but 2 goals from Amorim ensured our progress into the group stage for the very first time.

All the skjetten supporters were eagerly anticipating the draw. We were obviously unseeded and weere drawn out with: Barcelona, Marseille and Werder Bremen!

Not the easiest draw i'm sure you'd all agree, but what the hell we'll give it a go icon_wink.gif

The other 3 clubs will have had the fear of god in them though when they were drawn with Skjetten in their group. icon_wink.gif

Myhre still has 4 1/2 years left on his contract, so the only way he'll leave the club is if his contract runs out or if the Board except a bid over my head. He's only valued at 110k so hopefully no bids will be accepted by the Board.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Great work Annihalator.!!!

What a great season, 30 wins from 30 games.! Impressive..!! What's even more impressive is the fact that Glentoran are only 10 points behind you, and the 2 losses awarded to them are clearly from you.!

I'm a little suprised that you only get players to the vlue of £500,000..!! even though you are pro.

Winning the CL or even getting far im sure will bump the rep up enough to get better players.

How's your scouting now? Can you scout the world? Surely theres a lot of brazilians and the such that want to come your way?

Thanks mate. Glentoran were Pro the season before, but their financial status went to Insecure and they've switched back to Semi-Pro. However, Linfield are now a Pro team and they will probably overtake Glentoran.

As for my reputation, it has never gone above "National" on the club information screen, even though I've been doing reasonably well in Europe. icon_frown.gif

And I can still only scout Europe. I actually signed a Brazilian player (with Spanish as his second nationality) if you look at the transfers screenshot above. I only got him because I have a French staff member with Brazilian knowledge (meaning Brazilian players come up in my player search) and Corinthians allowed me to give him a trial. icon14.gif

Krokom - 2014 - end of season (Div 1 Elite)

I know I was going to start over, but seeing the great progress being made by others (KUTGreatW iacovone, CoachFlu et les autres), I decided to suck it up and play that damned season again. The result was as expected.

final standings

Back to Division 1 N/S it is. It was way to early for us, time to take a step back and start rebuilding the squad. We're a long way from humiliating ManU at Old Trafford, but we'll get there eventually.

coefficients:

Sweden 6.997 (31st)

Caerleon 0 - 3 Korona Kielce

well we gave it a go, but our first experience of europe wasn't overly sweet. icon_frown.gif after conceding the first i had to go for it and we caught on break. we did hit the woodwork a couple of times though.

on the plus side, Cold Bath Road saw a sell-out for the first time!! a few more would help the finances!!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Caerleon 0 - 3 Korona Kielce

well we gave it a go, but our first experience of europe wasn't overly sweet. icon_frown.gif after conceding the first i had to go for it and we caught on break. we did hit the woodwork a couple of times though.

on the plus side, Cold Bath Road saw a sell-out for the first time!! a few more would help the finances!!

Kerching!! icon_biggrin.gif

this certainly helps the finances though!! we're back in the black again!! icon_cool.gif

We've just made it to the final of the Russian Cup for the first time in our history! icon_biggrin.gif

But, I'm not going to post a screenshot of our semi-final. I think instead I'll post one of the other one.

Zenit Peterburg v Spartak Moscow icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Has anyone ever seen a more astonishing AI result? I'm not complaining though, it's nice to see someone taking Spartak down a notch or seven icon_biggrin.gif

Well its a two horse race this season between Glentoran and myself. I can only hope they hit a bad patch like they did last season, but right now its probably looking like a crazy season. Their only defeat this season was against my boys at the Lezhuhplex

But anyways, my reserves beat Glenatoran reserves in the Antrim Trophy final 6-0. This is the thing, my first team failed to win, some 3 years ago!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Myhre wants out. icon_frown.gif

not good.... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon13.gificon13.gif

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

We've just made it to the final of the Russian Cup for the first time in our history! icon_biggrin.gif

But, I'm not going to post a screenshot of our semi-final. I think instead I'll post one of the other one.

Has anyone ever seen a more astonishing AI result? I'm not complaining though, it's nice to see someone taking Spartak down a notch or seven icon_biggrin.gif

Wow! Kozhazen got 7 icon_eek.gif. Have to say I've not seen a result as ridiculous as that! Did Spartak have a full strength side out??

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

Wow! Kozhazen got 7 icon_eek.gif. Have to say I've not seen a result as ridiculous as that! Did Spartak have a full strength side out?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they had a couple of players missing, but were playing their strongest available team. It's bizarre.

According to the media, the cup 'provided no shocks' in the semi-final icon_biggrin.gif

I'm about to play Zenit in the final, which if we win will be our first ever trophy. Here goes.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fire Bracelet:

3 Season Update

I'm not posting screens as I don't feel up to it, but I do have them.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works - 2013/2014 Season This season started with an Intertoto matchup that saw us losing to WIT Georgia Tblisi in the first round, we lost pretty heavily. Finished midtable in the league with a semi-final loss in the League Cup and a finals appearance in the Country Antrim Shield.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works - 2014/2015 We finished second in the league, a major breakthrough that would see us on to the UEFA Cup 1st Qual round the next year. We won our first silverware with a triumph in the County Antrim Shield. Disappointment in all the other cups however.

Fire_Bracelet - Sirocco Works 2015/2016

Our first true European experience drew us against Albanian side Partizani, we drew amazingly at home 0-0 but lost 3-2 away on agg.

Finished second in the league again! Thanks to 4 or 5 straight wins, most of them being shutouts, including a win at home against Linfield to jump us over them in the last game. Qtr Final losses in all cups, all coming in penalties. I'm not expecting losses in any cup game that comes to penalties, it seems to be a major theme of my game. This was a huge season for our team as we had a total profit of just under 500k bringing our balance up to 275k. A true lifesaver.

Fire_Bracelet we need to see the minimum of a league table screenie for each end of season report please. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my computer died and I decided I had had enough, so new computer and one lost save game along with screenshots. I was doing pretty well too, but it was fun while it lasted!

Meldert, Belgium - December 15th 2024

Mid-season table.

Well, not much to say about that. We're having another go at an undefeated season, and so far so good. We're not at the point where the league games are getting boringly easy - some of them are close calls still - but I guess we're pretty much dominating now.

European update:[/b]

Already reported on the first four group stage matches, but not on the last two yet.

Sporting CP - Meldert: 3-0

Meldert - Werder Bremen: 1-1

CSKA Moscow - Meldert: 1-2

Meldert - CSKA Moscow: 1-1

Meldert - Sporting CP: 1-1

We started in search of the early goal, but ran into an early counter instead. We leveled with another nice indirect free kick. The game was pretty much in balance after that, not too many good chances. We had a slight edge perhaps, but can't complain about the result.

Werder Bremen - Meldert: 1-1

They were the better team in the first half, but we defended well. They still got one past us late in the half though.

We played much better in the second half, and managed to level, but couldn't find the winning goal.

After the match, I noticed why we suddenly played better: Bremen somehow neglected to sub their third injured player, and played on with ten men, heh.

In any case, the result of that match didn't matter much: Group standings.

Well, it took a while, but we'll finally be playing in Europe after the winter break!

Four 1-1 draws, so with a bit more luck, perhaps we could have made it into the top two. But I'm actually quite fine with going into the UEFA Cup instead. Perhaps we'll stand a chance of lasting a few more rounds.

Can't wait to continue the season... but a few busy days ahead, so progress might be a bit slower for a while.

Archived