Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

I just won a game 19-0. icon_eek.gif

Details? Details?

You can't just drop a bombshell like that and then wander off! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, well, HERE you go. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Details? Details?

You can't just drop a bombshell like that and then wander off! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, well, HERE you go. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's superb. icon14.gif

Gulyas nets 9!

Were they a grey team?

iacovone - unlucky in the CL - with those results you really did deserve to make it through. good luck against West Ham. icon14.gif

Boskovic - that's a hell of a lot of draws!! icon_eek.gif i thought i had a lot... still, at least you finished higher than last season. some sort of progress...

Annihilator666 - ublucky against Arsenal... gave them a run for their money!!

i should hopefully complete my season and play the cup final tonight... i feel really positive that i can do it now, especially as my team, Sheffield Wednesday beat Sheffield United today!! good times!! icon_biggrin.gif

As stated earlier saying I would keep everybody posted on my progress this year, that's if everybody is happy for me to regulaly post my progress during the season.

The first competiton was the Northern Ireland Intermediate Cup. Now I'm not sure how teams are picked for this, as there are a couple of Premeir Division teams scattered around the groups.

Luckily I avoided all those and was left with a somewhat easy group, where I was quietly confident of qualifying through to the quarter finals.

I eventually managed to Qualify as the group winners icon14.gif

Next up in this competiton, a quarter final where the draw will be made soon.

Wish me luck icon14.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Details? Details?

Haha, well, HERE you go. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's superb. icon14.gif

Gulyas nets 9!

Were they a grey team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they were a Premier League team. icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by Boskovic:

what are the rules with regards to signing foriegn players?

i know you need to pursuade them to come on trial first but what about players who are contracted to a club?

I only ask as the player pool in finland seems to be very small

You must be able to scout them. So if you're only allowed to scout within Finland, then you'll only be able to sign players from abroad if they are uncontracted and can trial them.

Of course, if you can scout outside of Finland, then getting a scout report for the player is sufficient.

Hope that helps.

ok, thats what i thought. Yeah i can only scout inside finland.

What about feeder clubs? i had the chance for a danish feeder club. i rejected tho as id have to pay them money and cant afford that.

i was just wondering if having a feeder club in denmark would let me scout denmark? anybody know if this has an effect or not?

Thinking about it Boskovic I have never had that situation arise. From when I've first been offered an international feeder it has always been within the region I was allowed to scout. For example early on in my Serbian game I got a Bulgarian feeder but I could already scout Eastern Europe at the time. I guess you could try and see if it expands your allowance to Scandinavia.

Originally posted by Boskovic:

What about feeder clubs? i had the chance for a danish feeder club. i rejected tho as id have to pay them money and cant afford that.

i was just wondering if having a feeder club in denmark would let me scout denmark? anybody know if this has an effect or not?

I got a feeder club from the Republic of Ireland when I was only allowed to scout within Northern Ireland. The link-up didn't allow me to scout the Republic.

Meldert, Belgium - May 11th 2024

Mid-season table

End of season.

Our third consecutive title - sixth overall - was another relatively easy one. The first half of the season was a close race, but - as I expected - we pulled away from the pack as the season progressed.

Staying undefeated would have been nice, but we slipped up once - a 1-0 loss at Anderlecht, a match we finished with 8 on the pitch (2 red cards and a late injury).

Our defensive record looked to be superb, but a 4-3 win and 3-3 draw late in the season reduced it to only "very good."

Belgian Cup:

After finally winning the Cup last season, this wasn't high on my priority list this time, but with our superb domestic form, a clean route to the final would have been expected.

Alas, it wasn't to be this year. After a solid 1-0 win in the first leg of the Quarter Final against then-second-placed Mons, we slipped up in the away leg.

It looked good when we came back from 2-0 to level the match in the second half, but 17year old defender Toine Kaya, in his second senior appearance, lost his nerve. In the space of 2 minutes he made a penalty foul and missed an interception, and we went out 4-3 agg.

Euro recap:

Fourth place (4pts) in the Champions League group stage.

The squad.

A well-balanced squad. Strong enough for Belgium, not strong enough for Europe, probably sums it up.

With both of last season's starting center backs sold, the defense was the big question mark this season, but they performed superbly.

New goalie Nebojsa Pavlovic played his part in that as well. Two rushing out errors, so that's an area of his game I'll need to watch, but he made up for it in other departments.

I was slightly concerned about how new signing Ron Berghmans would hold up, considering his young age, but my scouts hit the bulls eye - he's definitely a future star. Unfortunately, big teams are already knocking, so I'll probably have to let him go again after next season. icon_frown.gif

Allessandro Lodi was another one who did better than expected. Picked up as a youngster and now five seasons at the club, he always fell a bit between the cracks. But he got his chance this season, and took it with both hands.

As always, of course, Alex Lambrechts was the real star of the team, this season breaking the league's AvgR record. He scored his 250th league goal for the club late in the season.

At age 30 now, however, I'm concerned that this was his last top quality season. His pace and acceleration both dropped a point in the last month.

I don't intend to let him go just yet - I'll keep him on until he retires, as far as I'm concerned - but the start of his decline does mean that I'll need to find a good successor this summer, just in case.

Alex's striker partner this season, Milan Jovanovic, had a decent season, as a second striker, but he's a bit too inconsistent and just not quality enough to carry the attack. For that, I'll need someone who's a bit faster.

Finances.

CL prize money (and some player sales) put the finances in decent shape again after the 18mil stadium extension last summer. And that extension should make the accountant even happier next season.

And after 6.5 seasons of having a financial feeder club (Miami FC), this is the first season that our merchandising income is higher than what we pay them. (just over 1 mil, we pay them 934k)

I've thought about canceling the link a few times, but I was curious to see how long it would take, and hopefully it'll pay off in the long run.

History:

2008/09: Third Division A - 6th

2009/10: Third Division A - 2nd (P)

2010/11: Second Division - 6th

2011/12: Second Division - 1st (P)

2012/13: First Division - 17th ®

2013/14: Second Division - 3rd

2014/15: Second Division - 1st (P)

2015/16: First Division - 6th

2016/17: First Division - 1st

2017/18: First Division - 2nd

2018/19: First Division - 1st

2019/20: First Division - 1st

2020/21: First Division - 4th

2021/22: First Division - 1st

2022/23: First Division - 1st

2023/24: First Division - 1st

Originally posted by ghostwriter:

2 goals in 9 games? icon_biggrin.gif Even my strikers weren't that bad last season!

Good luck, I am expecting immediate relegation whenever I get promoted.

I take it you are now pro?

Anyway, whatever St Gallen can do to me, I can do to Martigny icon_cool.gif

Pretty certain that is my all-time record victory in CM/FM, 4 games after my all-time record defeat! icon_biggrin.gif

This season is ridiculous for goals; 3 games to go and 2 teams have already scored 100, one will definitely concede 100 and 3 more are lurking around the 90 conceded mark. Bellinzona are one position behind me and have conceded 5 or more goals on 8 occasions so far this season icon_redface.gif (that is more than once every 4 games icon_biggrin.gif). every week it seems at least 3/4 teams score 4 or more.

Nope, still semi-pro unfortunately, which is why I can't get hold of any decent strikers.

Well done on your big win, and well done on your survival in the Challenge League so far. Hopefully with a growing reputation or a good vein of form you can start to push on soon, it would seem UGS have a bigger potential fanbase than Baulmes so when you start to see some success then you'll see atendances rise a lot. Is your board not keen on/unable to find a parent club because having Super League level loanees is a godsend. KUTGW icon14.gif

Welshpool 0 - 0 Caerleon

bitterly disappointed. another blank from my 'star' two strikers. Thomas has gone 10 hours now without scoring... icon_frown.gif

League Table

1. Llanelli 87

2. TNS 66

3. Haverfordwest 60

4. Caerleon 59

5. Aberystwyth 59

so, it goes to the last game for 3rd... who do i play?? Llanelli at Home.... icon_rolleyes.gif

but first, Port Talbot in the Cup Final..... icon_smile.gif

Caerleon 1 - 2 Llanelli.

oh well, it wasn't to be. we knew from previous results only a win would have got us to 3rd. (a draw would have seen us 4th...) We battled but ultimately it wasn't to be. the best team won.

end of season report will follow tomorrow all being well.

After getting bored of Mosside I have started a second save(I haven't deleted it, I just got bored of Mosside), so I travelled to Austria:

GAK profile

Gak have a nice stadium:

Sunny Austria

I got really lucky as Gak got promoted and are expected Second icon_eek.gif, have a national rep icon14.gif and are Pro icon14.gif, there in the middle of a takeover icon_biggrin.gif, I found out they were so good because in 2007 in real life they got denied a license to the Austra first and premier league due to being in adminastration, this should be a fun game! icon_wink.gif

Knockbreda Update

A MASSSSSSIVE movement happened for me this evening while playing FM. I've realised my potential, and am finally getting closer to my Republic of Ireland counterparts..!!

A 2-2 AWAY DRAW v St. Pats, who beat me 10-1 just two seasons ago in the same fixture, and jimbo, you were right. It felt soooo sweet. Even more so that i was 2-0 DOWN after 11 minutes. I thought "Oh here we go again" .. but my team, less 4 first teamers pulled off a dramatic 2 goal overhaul, and were unlucky not to WIN the match in the 4th minute of injury time, when we hit the post icon_frown.gif

Feels really good to get a point off of them.

In onther News....

Im not sure what the record is for the LEAST amount of points attained in a 16 team division, but Ards currently have 2 points from 22 games, with 17 Losses in a row.! 9 goals scored, 52 conceded, and don't look like getting more than 5 points all season icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Truegunner:

After getting bored of Mosside I have started a second save(I haven't deleted it, I just got bored of Mosside), so I travelled to Austria:

GAK profile

Gak have a nice stadium:

Sunny Austria

I got really lucky as Gak got promoted and are expected Second icon_eek.gif, have a national rep icon14.gif and are Pro icon14.gif, there in the middle of a takeover icon_biggrin.gif, I found out they were so good because in 2007 in real life they got denied a license to the Austra first and premier league due to being in adminastration, this should be a fun game! icon_wink.gif

good luck Truegunner. you certainly have one of the best possible teams available for this challenge. icon_eek.gif only thing is this will probably put more expectation on you....

i for one look forward to seeing you shoot up the leagues. good luck icon14.gif

Skjetten Fotball season review 2015

European Competition

We had a difficult season in Europe and it didn't last too long either. In the first qualifying round we were drawn against Udinese. We lost both games 3-2, which was really frustrating as we played some cracking football. There's always next year icon_rolleyes.gif

Domestically

Norwegian Cup

Enough said icon_cool.gif

Premier League

After finshingd twons ago and 2nd last season we obviously wanted to secure top spot. Final league table. As you can see the boys did me proud and we managed to win the title.

So much to everyone's surprise Skjetten managed to achieve the double icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

This means that we've been made favourites to win again this coming season. But, it does mean that we enter the ECC for the very first time.

Players

Frustatingly a number of my better performers are wanting to leave and are refusing to sign new contracts. I don't want them to leave but i don't want to lose them for nothing either. A really tough couple of months ahead icon_rolleyes.gif

Ringstad came good and finished the season as Fans player of the year for the 7th straight season icon_biggrin.gif He was also called up to the Norwegian squad for the very first time icon_eek.gif but all he got was splinters icon_frown.gif

Transfers wise i've not bought in many, certainly nobody amazing, however i reckon this will be a good investment of £300k and he has dual nationality to boot icon_wink.gif

conmitnued......

Amorim my new Brazilian ST

The other really positive news that we have had our first Norwegian Internationals from Skjetten this season! Both Defenders and both great prospects i just hope i can hang on to them. Voll and Halvorsen icon14.gif

Next season good be quite interestig, certainly in Europe. On the financ frfont we've got over £6mil in the bank, but they only give me £1.3mil transfer kitty icon_mad.gif

Wish me luck, i'm gonna need it!!!! Beware the Vikings are coming......... icon_biggrin.gif

That is quite bizarre Truegunner, I thought you were some random guy that picked a top team for a moment. I always thought GAK were one of the top Austrian sides, last seasons bankruptcy totally pasted me by. If Leeds though 15 point penalty was harsh, GAK got 28 points.

Very well done cookie, that's a superb season securing the double. icon14.gif

The Vikings have launched their offensive on Europe once more. Best of luck in the CL next season with Skjetten. icon_cool.gif

Meanwhile in the small town of Randaberg the headlines read >

"Randaberg IL have beaten Sandefjord Fotball 1-0 to record three straight league wins.

In one of the biggest surprises in recent history, Randaberg Il are sitting top of the league as we enter the final few weeks.

Many fancied Randaberg IL for relegation, but following some superb recent performances, they now look like serious championship contenders."

Come the Rands not long now hang on in their... icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boskovic:

I got a feeder club from the Republic of Ireland when I was only allowed to scout within Northern Ireland. The link-up didn't allow me to scout the Republic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah thats all i needed to know, thanks. I would have accepted paying 6k a year if it had allowed scouting in that nation.

Quarter Final

If you remember yesterday, I said I would keep everybody posted on my progress, especially in the Intermediate Cup.

Having had my game time slashed last night due to a party, I am back up and running agian today. Hoping to get a good couple of hours in now this afternoon before I go out for pool tonight.

Semi's here I come icon14.gif

Update - SalPa - 2014 Post/Pre Season

------------------------------------

Awards

------------------------------------

The Fans player of the year was awarded to Patrik Lomski for the forth year running

Season Best 11

Note the very defensive formation and the reason we scraped out 12 draws last season

Overall Best 11

The highlighted players are this years inductees, Some reinducted this year

Premier Div Team of the Year

Lomski is selected in this years Premier Division Elect

Young Player of the Year

Antti Holopainen takes third place

-------------------------------------

Youth Player Watch

Best Youth Player - Jonne Ukkonen

Looks a half decent defender

Nobody has been promoted to the first team squad this season

Jarno Turonen (2009) - Jarno is out of contract and is only staying on as we have a thin squad.

Petri Eskola (2010) - Petri has been dropped for the start of this season

Tapio Linna (2010-12)

Jarkko Kekkonen (2010) - Jarkko is our very solid first choice right back

Antti-Pekka Moilanen (2011-12)

Antti Holopainen - (2012) - Antti came third in last seasons young player of the year award. He will keep his place as first choice right winger

TRANSFER INFO

Niko Sinisalo

Will start upfront along with Patrik Lomski

Sami Strom

One for the future. Was recommended as a potential to become a star Premier Division center half

Andreas Kortelainen

Another for the future. Was also recommended as a potential to become a star Premier Division center half

SEASON PREVIEW

Title Odds / 150-1

Media Prediction / 14th (Bottom)

The most favourable odds yet as they drop from 500-1 from last season. Not much in the way of transfers in the close season with there being nothing availiable. Our chairman once again withdrew all transfer funds raised by the sale of players. Also Johannes Westo, my star midfielder is rumoured to be wanting to move to a bigger club. I offered him a three year contract and he accepted so now i have the ability to name a price. I wont let him leave for less than £500k. Lomski has also been attracting attention but like Westo he shall not leave for less than £500k.

The board want us to avoid relegation again and i feel we may be able to manage that if we avoid injuries to key players

Right, i am back moaning about my f***ing board icon_mad.gif

Mid-season, we in the Champs League fo r the first time so the board decide on selling the following:

Gustav Anton - Swedish International DC for £2.5 mil to Anderlecht icon_mad.gif

N'Galula - Belgian MC gets sold to H.Tewl Aviv for £1.2 mil icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

Maksimovic - A young Serbian ST gets sold to RC Strasbourg for £3.1 mil

I've got another 8 who won't sign new contracts. I'm about to lose my Dutch AML Ted Vink to Hearts on a free and my Keeper looks like he's off too!

Moan over, time to get some replacements me thinks icon_rolleyes.gif

Amur Blagoveschensk - Russian Premier Division - End of Season 2013

Media Prediction: 6th out of 16 (Last season: 8th)

Board Expectation: Respectable league position (Last season: Respectable league position)

Final League Position: 3rd place (Last season: 4th place)

Russian Cup: Quarter-Final (Last season: Semi-Final)

Europe: Lost in UEFA Cup 1st Round (Last season: 5th place in UEFA Cup Group Stage)

Average Attendance: 12396 (Last season: 13269)

League Table - 3rd place, one better than last year, but I'm absolutely gutted. We played Spartak Moscow at home in the penultimate match, and lost 2-1. If we'd won that, we'd have won the league icon_frown.gif Still, I'm pleased that we've begun to close the gap between ourselves and the top two, and we finished comfortably ahead of 4th place.

Spartak went the whole season unbeaten, so I can hardly complain that they didn't deserve to win the league.

Position Graph - Held top spot for a couple of weeks, but just couldn't last the pace.

Russian Cup - We've progressed through to the Quarter-Final, which will be played at the start of next season. Importantly, we've put CSKA out, beating them 3-2 at home in the 7th round, and this could be our best chance yet to win the trophy. The draw looks kind to us, and I'd be disappointed not to make the final, where we'll probably lose to Spartak.

UEFA Cup - We failed to qualify for the group stage this season, going out 5-4 on aggregate to Besiktas. They were clearly a better side than us, but it's disappointing to go out as we did push them pretty close.

Season Overview

Club Info | Manager Info

Transfers

Finance Summary

Confidence Overview

The finances are a little concerning at the moment. We failed to qualify for the UEFA Cup group stage which has hurt us, and I might be forced to sell a few players over the close season to keep us out of the red.

Squad | Formation

Key Players

Our two strikers were again brilliant, with 50 goals between them, and I've picked out our new centre-half as well. Our defensive record in the league has improved from 32 conceded down to just 20, mainly thanks to him.

Andriy Proshyn - Our record signing for £200k, absolute rock at the back. He's very quick as well which really helped us out on a number of occasions.

Robert Kajda - 3rd place in Foreign Player of the Year again, another fantastic season from the Belarussian. He's started to get itchy feet though and if the right off comes in, it might be hard to say no.

Alexandr Yevstafjev - His best season yet. 29 goals in 33 games, with 11 MoMs. Top scorer in the league for the 2nd time, and now has 85 league goals for the club.

Overall Best XI - Kajda and Lukanchenkov are new entries.

I'm not sure where we go for here to be honest. We need to strengthen our squad to really challenge the top two and to start competing in Europe. But to do so, we need more money. The only way we'll get more money is by selling players and that's not something I really want to be doing. Might have to spend a long time over the close season bargain-hunting.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2016/17 (Season 9) - N. Irish Premier Division

Firstly....

Stadium Relocation Is complete.!! An all new 5276 seater, which is over 5 times bigger than the last stadium. Should do wonders for revenue, and hopefully get me close to that £5,000,000 for turning Pro.!

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st (WINNERS.!)

Champions League - Qual. 1st Round

Irish Cup - Winner's (v Nortel) "Grey Team"

League Cup - Winner's (v Cliftonville)

Antrim Cup - Winner's (v Downpatrick) "Grey Team"

All Ireland Cup - 3rd In Group A

N. Irish Premier Division - League Table | League Graph

Manager Info - Info Screen | Overview

Records - Team Records | Player Records

Knockbreda Info - Squad Stats | Team Info Screen | Finances

Best Elevens - Overall Best Eleven | Season Best Eleven

Co-Efficients - N. Ireland (49th, No Movement) | Knockbreda (523rd, Down 15)

Awards - Player of the Year - Paul Wallace | Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas

Superstar's -

Pat Spence - This guy.! 2 Caps for N. Ireland, and another record breaking season with 39 assists.! His stats are improving a lot, and some top premiership teams are interested in him [Everton, Villa and Man City].

Paul Wallace - This guy is a phenom. He NEVER lets me down. Another 61 goals this season, yet still nothing on the international front. icon_frown.gif

Season Summary

Almost identical to last season. I got 2 more points than last season, but in terms of competitions, I finished in the exact same state as last year.! On the plus side, I feel like im closer to the Grey Team's in the "All Ireland Cup", and am proving more solid in the Champs League 1st Qual. Rounds too. I've started to get a few english regens appear on my scout list, which must be good.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 294

Goals: 332

Assists: 123

MotM: 94

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

2015/16 Co-Efficient = 0.165 (508th) | Up 3

2015/16 Co Efficient = 0.275 (523rd) | Down 15

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 8 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Season 9 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Antrim Trophy Winners, League Cup Winners, Irish Cup Winners

Manager Stats

Games - 410

Won - 257

Drew - 65

Lost - 88

Gundo, for your table

Domestic Title x 5

Club Co-Efficient, 523rd

Nation Co-Efficient, 49th

Slavonija Champions League Update - 21/22

West Ham (a) - So the away tie first, just the way I like it icon14.gif. We have a fantastic record at Upton Park - 2 wins out of 2 including the 5-1 victory there in 2018 that really announced us on the European stage. Well we've now made it 3 out of 3 in London with a great 3-1 victory. The ever-dependable forward line of Panayotov and Lucic did it again for us and the only disappointment was the late goal conceded, giving West Ham a slight chance in the 2nd leg. Man Utd won their first leg 5-0 away so it looks like we'll play them if we progress here icon_smile.gif.

johnnyquest409, very good season there. icon14.gif

NepentheZ, grats on another successful season. icon14.gif

Just one thing though about your new stadium. I noticed a bug in my Nortel game, where the league match ticket prices weren't as much as they should be. I was selling tickets for £2, back when I had won the title like 5 or 6 times. Now a few years later, the ticket prices are only at about £6. So they increase very slowly. In reality, they should be between £7-£10.

iacovone, very nice win against West Ham. Hope it goes well in the next leg.

BREAKING NEWS!!

Kilmore Rec star striker Francis Derbyshire has stunned his employers by requesting a transfer because he feels that he needs to move clubs that meet his ambitions.

Kilmore Rec manager Andrew Vane has reluctantly accepted the transfer request but will not settle for anything less than £1.5m.

Disaster

Star player Johannes Westo is out for 4-5 months

Also Jarkko Kekkonen is injured.

Both have also been rumoured to want out and to move to a bugger club. Ive already told Westo to stay and help the club progress to meet is ambitions. Also had to turn down a £100k bid for Patrik Lomski

As for results. Well ive won two lost two so far this season and we are playing much better.

NepentheZ - im using you tactics and after a disappointing start with them im getting results now. Its taken the whole league cup campaign to tweak it to my players but im not too fussed its a competition that my board expect nothing in. Ive got my defenders playing a lot deeper then the original tactics and my center mid doesnt run with ball often because he has dribbling 6. made a few other minor changes too

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Well done Nep! Good luck in the next round

Cheers, but i've got no chance. IFK Goteborg in the next round icon_frown.gif

Lost the first leg 5-1 at home. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The most amazing thing just happened. Amazing and heartbreaking at the same time.

I've won the second leg, away from home, by a massive 4 goals to 1. Leaving the aggregate score 6-5 to Goteborg. icon_frown.gif

Gutted. When i went 4-1 up, i was like... "hang on a minute, i can do this here...!!!" ... but i couldn't.

Oh, a question for the N. Ireland counterparts...

What's the deal with the reserves playing in the lower league trophies? My Reserve team won the N. Irish Antrim League Cup something or other trophy last season, which seemed like an amazing feat, right? So how does that work exactly,??

Archived