Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

9 games icon_biggrin.gif

We've slipped to 9th since I posted that, luckily Luzern have conceded loads so they're propping us up while on the same points.

The Super League is mega hard to crack, especially the first season, if you flick back a couple of pages you'll se we were having a bit of a discussion about it last week icon_wink.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

bnek - great season there, keep it up!

Annihilator - what exactly is your financial situation? It seems weird that your board won't improve the training facilities.

I have £50mil in the bank, so I really don't know why they won't upgrade them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, they finally agreed to upgrade! Woot!

Originally posted by Quacky:

When I'm having a season like that every 15 matches or so (ie about twice in the year) they'll come out and spank a team 5-0. Leaves me thinking, save some damn goals you useless idiots that haven't scored in the past 10 games. If only you spread them 5 out we wouldn't be in this mess. The other slightly more frequent thing is to draw a game or two 3-3 again wasting a load of goals scored icon_frown.gif

We're kicking some non-league backside in the cup at the moment (5-0 after 30 mins) so hopefully that might inspire them to find the net more often in the league. Either that or because there are so many foreigners in the team that don't speak French they are constantly confused "Net? What is net?" icon_confused.gif

2 goals in 9 games? icon_biggrin.gif Even my strikers weren't that bad last season!

Good luck, I am expecting immediate relegation whenever I get promoted.

I take it you are now pro?

Anyway, whatever St Gallen can do to me, I can do to Martigny icon_cool.gif

Pretty certain that is my all-time record victory in CM/FM, 4 games after my all-time record defeat! icon_biggrin.gif

This season is ridiculous for goals; 3 games to go and 2 teams have already scored 100, one will definitely concede 100 and 3 more are lurking around the 90 conceded mark. Bellinzona are one position behind me and have conceded 5 or more goals on 8 occasions so far this season icon_redface.gif (that is more than once every 4 games icon_biggrin.gif). every week it seems at least 3/4 teams score 4 or more.

Knockbreda - End of season update - 2014/15 (Season 7) - N. Irish Premier Division

Media Prediction - 1st

Final League Position - 1st (WINNERS.!)

Champions League - Qual. 1st Round

Irish Cup - 5th Round

League Cup - Qtr-Final

Antrim Cup - Semi-Final

All Ireland Cup - 3rd In Group A

N. Ireland Premier Division -

League Table

League Graph

Knockbreda Info -

Sqaud Stats

Team Info

Team Records

Player Records

Record Loss - 10-1 (All Ireland Cup)

Ant Dunphy - Player of the Year

Pat Spence - U-21 Player of the Year

Craig Douglas - Manager of the Year

Finances

Ant Dunphy - Top league goals scorer

Manager Overview

European Co-Efficients - Knockbreda up to 511th

Game of the Season - Just thought i'd share this one, since there was soooooo many goals in the ast 11 minutes icon_smile.gif (7 iirc)

Season Best Eleven | Overall Best Eleven

and finally.......

New Stadium.! - The "Knockbreda Stadium" will be ready in 2 years, boasting a 5000+ capacity. icon_smile.gif

Superstar's -

Paul Wallace - Every year this guy does the job. another 42 goals this season takes hit total tally for the club to over 200 goals.Always on form, and 6 hat-tricks throughout the season.

Ant Dunphy - The real superstar this year. 62 great goals, and duly deserved. It was Paul smith here last season,but i decided to swap smith and dunphy around on the field (last year Dunphy was CM, Smith was ST), and it paid off.!

Season Summary

Well what can i say. I blitzed the league this year, having the title wrapped up by game 23. 20 points clear come the end of the season, and only 3 losses again this year. I've only had to make 1 close season signing, just to bulster the squad, as my youth team keeps giving me really good back up players.

Club Info -

Paul Wallace

Games: 201

Goals: 216

Assists: 75

MotM: 61

History

2010/11 Co-Efficient = 0.109 (500th)

2011/12 Co-Efficient = 0.055 (505th) | Down 5

2012/13 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (531st) | Down 26

2013/14 Co-Efficient = 0.000 (530th) | Up 1

2014/15 Co-Efficient = 0.116 (511th) | Up 19

Season 1 - N. Ireland Second Division, 2nd place (Promoted)

Season 2 - N. Ireland First Division, 2nd place (Promoted) | N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup Winners

Season 3 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Season 4 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 9th Place

Season 5 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 7th Place | Irish Cup Runner Up.

Season 6 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners) | Irish Cup Winner.

Season 7 - N. Ireland Premier Division, 1st Place (Winners)

Manager Stats

Games - 298

Won - 168

Drew - 53

Lost - 77

Originally posted by happy slappy:

How did you get a new stadium?!?

I have £1.4m in the bank, won the Premier Division like 4 times, playing in Europe, and the bastards still won't upgrade or expand.

Gits.

icon_mad.gif

I dont even know icon_biggrin.gif

I didnt ask/request one. I dont regularly fill out my current stadium either icon_smile.gif

(Capacity 1102, Av Att 795)

I'm not complaining, only 1.6 mill bank loan, and im £403,000 in the black, so the monthly repayments will be no trouble icon_smile.gif

Ok. I'm going to say something stupid, and probably jinx myself, but I am finding it too easy to score icon_confused.gif

I'm demolishing teams by 3 and 4 or more goals in about 90% of the games i play. And when i do lose, its usually like 4-3 or something just as stupid.!

I only say this because im bragging, but also because, I'm currently mid-match with "ards" im away from home, and at half time its 0-7 icon_biggrin.gif

Is anyone else experiencing my problems, or is my tactic just that good (because i honestly dont think my team is....)

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

I thought the Confidence bug was fixed in the 8.0.1 patch??

I'm slightly annoyed we've managed to find confidence bugs, that various nationality's knowledge is still random and wrong and that some teams are promoted without any players, despite all these problems having been 'fixed'.

I'm slightly concerned that if SI think they've been fixed, they won't have even been looked at for 8.0.2 icon_frown.gif

Ok. I'm going to say something stupid, and probably jinx myself, but I am finding it too easy to score icon_confused.gif

I'm demolishing teams by 3 and 4 or more goals in about 90% of the games i play. And when i do lose, its usually like 4-3 or something just as stupid.!

I only say this because im bragging, but also because, I'm currently mid-match with "ards" im away from home, and at half time its 0-7 icon_biggrin.gif

Is anyone else experiencing my problems, or is my tactic just that good (because i honestly dont think my team is....)

Same with me.

16 games gone in the League, 51 goals scored, 14 conceded.

Top Goalscorer has 30 in all comps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Same with me.

16 games gone in the League, 51 goals scored, 14 conceded.

Top Goalscorer has 30 in all comps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Full list of Top Scorers...

2008/09 - Paul Wallace - 31 Goals

2009/10 - Paul Wallace - 32 Goals

2010/11 - Neil Mc Farland - 33 Goals (2nd place was 30+)

2011/12 - Gary Irwin - 17 Goals (ST Inj Crisis season)

2012/13 - Paul Wallace - 21 Goals (Again, more ST Inj Troubles)

2013/14 - Paul Wallace - 63 Goals (2nd place was 30+)

2014/15 - Ant Dunphy - 62 Goals (Paul Wallace got 42)

This season, 3 games in and 4 people have 5 goals.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

i think this image sums up the problems i have in becoming the top team in Wales..... icon_redface.gif

Form Guide icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

I had something remotely similar...

Glentoran went on a 20 game unbeaten streak. Portadown then followed with 10 wins in a row, and onlt 3 losses all season, glentoran then went on a 21 game unbeaten streak. icon_frown.gif

I've since beaten both records, and am now the best team in N. Ireland.

Just had Burnley enquire about my young DL.

I told them £500k or no deal.

icon_biggrin.gif

In FM07 i found it risky to put up an asking price, because i often put it up to things like £1,000,000 ... they would come back with a bid of £300,000 and the board would accept it on my behalf.

I just started using the automatic "no" option, because the player doesn't seem to get unhappy with the manager when it happens that way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

icon_biggrin.gif

In FM07 i found it risky to put up an asking price, because i often put it up to things like £1,000,000 ... they would come back with a bid of £300,000 and the board would accept it on my behalf.

I just started using the automatic "no" option, because the player doesn't seem to get unhappy with the manager when it happens that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have my main playes set to "reject all offers", to save me time really. i haven't had any problems with it yet either.

only thing that bugs me is that enquiries by clubs for the player still gets through.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

icon_biggrin.gif

I just started using the automatic "no" option, because the player doesn't seem to get unhappy with the manager when it happens that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have my main playes set to "reject all offers", to save me time really. i haven't had any problems with it yet either.

only thing that bugs me is that enquiries by clubs for the player still gets through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea the inquiries bug the hell out of me, so i just ignore them now. icon_biggrin.gif

Johnny, cheers icon14.gif - is it you whos footsteps i am to follow? going down as a legendary manager of knockbreda, or is that another poster?

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

No, that's me icon_biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to see the Champions League trophy return to Knockbreda!

Pfft, i wish.!

3 times i've been in, 3 times im out in the first round. I'm playing teams i've never heard of before, and they are demilishing me. Im 1 win from 6 games, with 5 losses in the CL to date, and the win came when the oppo had ten men, and won the first leg 6-1 icon_frown.gif

What was your final trophy count for them? How many seasons did it take you to win the CL too? Cheers for advice icon_wink.gif

We won the CL in 2028 (20 seasons), beating Arsenal on penalties in a very dull final. We only had 1 shot on target in 120 minutes icon_biggrin.gif

Looking back at last year's thread, we won the league 15 times (plus the 1st and 2nd division titles), 28 domestic cups, 12 All-Ireland cups, the UEFA Cup, the Champions League and the European Super Cup. 60 trophies in total.

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

We won the CL in 2028 (20 seasons), beating Arsenal on penalties in a very dull final. We only had 1 shot on target in 120 minutes icon_biggrin.gif

Looking back at last year's thread, we won the league 15 times (plus the 1st and 2nd division titles), 28 domestic cups, 12 All-Ireland cups, the UEFA Cup, the Champions League and the European Super Cup. 60 trophies in total.

Great Stuff.!!

So far i have won..

N. Ireland Premier Division (x3)

N. Ireland Intermediate League Cup

N. Irish Cup

Thats it icon_frown.gif

But i am only in my 8th season. Should be more trophies to come this year, already in the Semi-Final of the League Cup, and all the "big teams" are already out, so im pretty confident i'll be taking that one home.

Whats odd is, with all this confidence malarkey, the board, (with exception to the CL) expect me to reach the final of ALL competitions entered.!!

Originally posted by cookie15:

Alurny - You really seem to be finding this thing tough going. Have you tried Norway? It's worth coming and joining the Nordic revolution, just ask Gundo icon_wink.gif

Hey thanks for the kind words icon_smile.gif

It really is strange, on 2007 I had minor success in this challenge in Austria, and so who knows, I might head back there someday.

I think it is more down to my tactics, as I still try to play my FM 2007 way, which really doesn't work!

I just want a season where I stay up! Lets hope Northern Ireland is the answer! icon_frown.gif

Meldert, Belgium - August 31st 2023

Euro update:

We entered the Champions League in the Second Qual Round again, and our first opponent was Shakhter Soligorsk from Belarus. Should've been an easy task, but we only managed a 3-2 aggregate win. (1-1 away, 2-1 at home, though we dominated both matches more than the scores suggest.)

Still unseeded for the Third Qual Round, but we got lucky and were drawn against Albanian team KF Tirana (who had eliminated Panathinaikos.) On paper, this was the easiest route to the group stage we've ever had.

On the pitch it was a bit tougher, because we needed a fair dose of luck in the first leg to get a 2-2 draw in Tirana, which we didn't quite deserve.

But we recovered well enough at home, and won 3-1, to take us into the group stage.

Group draw

This will be our fourth attempt to get away from the bottom spot in the group. With Chelsea, Lyon and PSV though, that won't be an easy task.

Euro Coefficients:

Club: 132nd - 20.876

Nation: 17th - 23.875 (1-3-1)

We went up 9 places, so our rise up the rankings remains slow and steady. We could really do with a few good results in the group stage, to give us a bit of a ranking (and reputation) boost.

Third time lucky - Northern Ireland - Downpatrick

After three pathetic attempts at the challenge I am determined to make this one work!

I have taken over at newly promoted Downpatrick

Profile Squad

As you can see I signed pretty much everything my scout found.

I made a great start to the file with a 5-1 win over a division 1 side.

Sadly my striker I pin my hopes on suffered a huge setback! icon_frown.gif Ouch!

Brestnik - Season 2016/17

'Second best' summed up last season for the club. Runners-up in both league and cup our reign as the dominant force in Bulgarian football was over after just one season.

The summer months saw a mini-clearout, record Coefficients goalscorer Martin Stoev was the biggest victim of the cull moving onto Pirin for a knock-down £50k. There were no major signings although replacing record appearance holder Danilo Sekulic was top priority so two new players came into compete for the position, neither though captured the imagination of the fans.

Being second best though did still bring European football with it and a draw against Macedonian side Makedonija GP...

Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round 1st Leg

Makedonija GP 3 Brestnik 0

Defensively inept was how i described it following a disastrous trip to Macedonia.

Euro Cup 1st Qualifying Round 1st Leg

Brestnik 2 Makedonija GP 1

Despite goals from German and Pajic a late goal from Nikolovski killed off any European glory for another year.

A disastrous exit from the competition at such an early stage the only compensation it could be said was that it now allowed us to focus on getting our title back!

We started the domestic campaign on the back of a 6 match unbeaten run, this run would last until the following April by which time we had clocked-up a mammoth 27 game unbeaten run in the league. Despite this run we never established a solid lead, too many draws allowed the two Sofia giants Levski and CSKA maintain contact with us at the top.

Defeat would eventually come against Levski as they took top spot from us with 6 games to. Despite a second defeat against Litex , 3 wins in our final 4 games and Levski choking on the pressure meant that we stole the title from their grasp and finished an impressive 5 points clear.

Our recent success in the Cup final continued with a fine 2-1 win victory against Naftex , the winning goal coming from newly signed Croatian youngster Voyislav Ostajic in the final minute!

The Keymen

Lukas Dzogan - Slovakian international Dzogan was seen as a low-key replacement for the departed Sekulic, instead though he exceeded all expectations.

Marian Jarabica - another Slovakian, this time marshalling our defence alongside again the unsettled Lukic.

Viktor Petakov - Petakov was one of the previous seasons winter signings, nothing more than squad player i thought initially providing back-up for Karimovic. Petakov made such an impact though that he displaced his team-mate from the starting XI.

Vito Plut - a long term target, ever since we heard that his contract was expiring numerous attempts were made to lure him to the club, eventually he signed and became and instant hit scoring 12 goals in an injury plagued season.

Diogo Rosado - a massive loss! Rosado departed Brestnik for pastures new when his contract expired, one of my best ever signings finding a replacement for the Portuguese winger is a top priority.

Overall Review

Our place at the top of Bulgarian football has been restored with qualification for the Champions League Qualifying stages approaching and a number of key players leaving the squad will again have to be strengthened.

Recognition of the clubs achievments were noticed with my induction into the Bulgarian Hall of Fame!

Club Info

The Squad

Final table

Transfers

Coefficients

Club 325th 5.675

Nation 22nd 17.208

Honours at end of 2016/2017

2 x Domestic Title

2 x Domestic Cup

Roll on next season!!!

bnek - congrats on winning back the league title icon14.gif and the cup to make it a double too....

Alurny - good luck in N. Ireland. hopefully you find your home at Downpatrick icon_wink.gif

CoachFlu - good luck in the CL - i reckon you have an outside chance of nicking 3rd in that group.

Alurny You'll need to use a bit of Irish charm, but i'm sure you'll succeed. Your ST won't be out for too long!

Nepenthez Exactly the same happened to me with my stadium. We got promoted a couple of years back and they went and expanded the stadium and put me £4.5mil in debt. Cheers boss! icon_rolleyes.gif

Coachflu You'll do well if you can steer away from the bottom of that group. Best of luck.

Bnek Congrats on what is anotyher successful season icon14.gif

rlipscombe Marray seems to be very useful, certainly if he keeos banging them in!

Skjetten fotball update

Well it's just as i feared icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

Igesund my star striker was on fire (13 goals in 9 games) and ripping the league apart with his pace and deadly finishing. No surprises he draws a lot of attention and low and behold 6 offers come in and the Board accept them icon_mad.gif

He's now gone to AZ for a measly £1.4 mil icon_rolleyes.gif (he was worth a lot more)

The same has gone and happened to my young DR Sola who has now joined Celta for £400K up front and 40% sell on. I also got rid of a bit of dead wood for about £100K in total.

Yet again it's happened in July 10 games into the season icon_mad.gif.

On a positive note i picked up a young Spanish striker to replace Igesund from Atletico Madrid's B team. Since joining on the 1st July I've used him coming off the bench. He's polayed a sum total of 56 minutes and bagged 4 goals in 4 games. Not bad and this form may find him pushing for a starting berth.

Ciglar is beginning to find the back of the net, but my main worry is fans favourite and captain Stian Ringstad icon_eek.gif He's really struggling for form and can't score. He's played 10 games, 0 goals and 2 assits playing as an AMC icon_frown.gif

On a European front we have drawn Glentoran in the first Qualifying round! icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck one and all icon_wink.gif

After a clear out of players to attempt a finacial revival at FC Bex my start of season form was appauling breaking my record defeat in 3 games running. The finances didn't get any better either and the overly ambitous board booted me out, i think a trip to eastern europe is on the cards, maybe romania or hungary.

Originally posted by Flashman's School Days:

After a clear out of players to attempt a finacial revival at FC Bex my start of season form was appauling breaking my record defeat in 3 games running. The finances didn't get any better either and the overly ambitous board booted me out, i think a trip to eastern europe is on the cards, maybe romania or hungary.

Unlucky there Flashman. It seems like Switzerland is a very tough place to attempt this challenge!

but my main worry is fans favourite and captain Stian Ringstad icon_eek.gif He's really struggling for form and can't score. He's played 10 games, 0 goals and 2 assists playing as an AMC icon_frown.gif

Back up front then so he can rediscover his goalscoring touch. icon_wink.gif

In terms of Slavonija, we're not having a good time at the start of this season - lost the Croatian Super Cup on penalties before losing our first league game at home to Sibenik! Is this finally the year we lose our grip domestically?!

Hope not...

Killyleagh - Northern Ireland - 2nd Division - Season 1

Well my 1st season in Northern Ireland in this year's edition was a complete and utter shambles.

Never really threatned the leaders, except in the early stages, and nearing the end of the season, all form was lost and we nearly ended up being relegated.

League

League Guide

The only real bright point of the season was this man who my scout raves about.

Hoping to keep hin as he appears to be the player who will help my promotion pushes during the next couple of seasons.

Hoping for promotion this next season, and with a couple of players in the positions I have identified, I have high hopes about the current season upcoming icon14.gif

Will keep everybody posted on progress icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

but my main worry is fans favourite and captain Stian Ringstad icon_eek.gif He's really struggling for form and can't score. He's played 10 games, 0 goals and 2 assists playing as an AMC icon_frown.gif

Back up front then so he can rediscover his goalscoring touch. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking you might be right icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Back up front then so he can rediscover his goalscoring touch. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking you might be right icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure he'll come good again sooner rather than later, after all he is Ringstad. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

In terms of Slavonija, we're not having a good time at the start of this season - lost the Croatian Super Cup on penalties before losing our first league game at home to Sibenik! Is this finally the year we lose our grip domestically?!

Hope not...

i'm sure it's just a blip iacovone... you'll be back to your best before you know it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Hope not...

i'm sure it's just a blip iacovone... you'll be back to your best before you know it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we won our 2nd league game so maybe its not all bad. But we still aren't playing good football.

Incidently does anybody know what makes a player take citizenship? Or if there's anything I can do to convince them?! I have a couple of players that are 'considering citizenship' icon_confused.gif

Archived