Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NepentheZ. Congratulations on the Premiership and Champions League qualification icon14.gif.

My first thought was that McFarland doesn't look that good, (then I saw his age) icon_eek.gif.

At least you scored against Anorthosi icon14.gif.

ManU. Well done on breaking into the top 2 and qualifying for Europe.

I like the strips by the way icon14.gif. You're the first person I've seen who changes the strips on a regular basis as happens in real life.

Quacky. At least you didn't go down. Just think of it as a season of restructuring.

gaijin. Don't sell out to the dark side. Get rid of the Islanders icon13.gif.

Blackmama. Only 1 loss. Looking good icon14.gif.

Is that a playoff position you finished in o are they all automatic promotion spots?

iacovone. Excellent result against Koln icon14.gif.

Cookie. You seem to have a bit of a league of nations going on at Skjetten.

Gundo. Come on mate. hano on in there.

Get in. I knew that Myhre would come good, (and from a corner too) icon_wink.gif.

Saab. Welcome. Can'r see who you've picked. Sorry if I've missed it.

Susan. Well done on 5th icon14.gif. How much prize money icon_eek.gif?

Been reading this thread for a while now and just haven't got round to starting the challenge. However, finally i've seized the moment and have holidayed in Switzerland (my fave country in FM) and have taken control of FC Bex (a team i was in charge of in FM06 and the reason i love this country).

My Profile

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/FCBexprofile.jpg

Club Info.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/FCBexClubInfo.jpg

Board Expectations

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Dorkleader/FCBexexpectations.jpg

Star man Ramadingaye returns to the starting 11 after his 3 month lay off and scores a screamer from 30 yards in a 3-0 win over bottom of the league. It was the 8th installment of our 8 match unbeaten run which has catapulted us to 5th in the league and confirmed safty mathematically.

I sort of have finland to thank for David Ramadingaye's great come back as they decided to call him up for the u19s for two games before he was fully fit. That meant that i didnt have to slowly ease him back in. We havent really missed him fortunatly but he should help turn some draws into wins.

More good news...

After a long hard season of playing cat and mouse with this clown i have finally secured his signature. He has been on a free since the end of last season and has turned down a number of offers not just from me but from all sorts of clubs from premier division clubs to non league clubs. Finally tho he was willing to talk and i secured him on a £130 a week contract.

Patrik Lomski

Fan Reaction

Well after hes acted like a tool all season i stuck him straight in and told the clown that i expected a performance from him tonight.

He did not fail me icon_cool.gif

Also this signing may save my job. For some reason names are being bandied about willy nilly for replacements for me when my contract is up.

I then asked the board if we could discuss a new contract and they have simply said "no"

Originally posted by Gundo:

Bleak times at the Randaberg Stadion, no win in 5 games now and we're back in the relegation places again.

tumbleweed.gif

Make that 6. icon_frown.gif

Only 7 games left and we are 3 points adrift of safety. It's going to take something special to escape the drop.

i said earlier that i wasn't optimistic going into the last three games... i was right. my record was 0-1-2, and the draw was the last game (4-4, and we finished with 9 men) finished 5th in the end. don't know whether to be icon_smile.gif or icon_frown.gif ....

full review will follow.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Bleak times at the Randaberg Stadion, no win in 5 games now and we're back in the relegation places again.

tumbleweed.gif

Make that 6. icon_frown.gif

Only 7 games left and we are 3 points adrift of safety. It's going to take something special to escape the drop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good luck Gundo.

Hartberg 08/09 End of season update

Well having been predicted to get relegated we survived just. We started off with some really bad players and unfortunately we still have them. The only reason we survived was down to Digo Rottensteiner and his electric finishing. I doubt we can get him back for next season icon_frown.gif but we will try. Our league form was patchy but we put together some wins at the end to get us home. icon_cool.gif

League Table

Our Finances could be better but in comparison to my other attempts at the challenge it is healthy. I think it will probably get worse before it gets better as we are desperately low on quality at the moment.

Aims for next season are:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Consoldate in the league

<LI> Add some quality to the squad

<LI> Put together a cup run to raise some funds

Club Info

I will post my team of the season when I get to that point icon_smile.gif

Well, we managed to score 2 in our next match icon14.gif. Pity Yverdon scored 3 icon_rolleyes.gif.

No win in 7 now. And as the final match before the Winter Break is against La Chaux-de-Fonds with Doudin and his even more prolific partner, I am expecting it to be 8.

Thankfully there are 2 god-awful teams in the division this season, 2nd bottom only has 8 points after 21 games.

Slavonija End of Season Update - 2018/19 (Season 11) - Cro First Div

Media Prediction - 2nd

League Final Position - 1st

Champions League - 3rd Qualifying Round (Last season: 3rd in Group Stage) icon13.gif

Uefa Cup - 1st Knockout Round (Same as last year) icon14.gif

Croatian Cup - Winners

This year was more of the same on the domestic front. Runaway winners of the league, though yet to complete an unbeaten season. Here is the Table. Not going to bother with a graph anymore as we consistently stay top at the moment. As mentioned above, Dinamo Zagreb have gone down \o/. They've been raided of all their stars and hopefully won't be seen in the top flight for a while!

The Champions League was a bit disappointing, going out narrowly on penalties to Olympiakos in the 3rd Qual Round. But this meant the Uefa Cup came into the picture and we performed well here, especially in a memorable away 5-1 win at West Ham. icon_cool.gif This was made even better because they then went on to win the Uefa Cup. Shows that we might not be that far off success in this cup. However we fell in the first knockout round on away goals to Fenerbahce.

The Croatian Seasonal Awards were dished out and once again we took the Young Player of the Year. As you can see we have now won the last 7 years - a testament to the quality of youth at the club. icon14.gif

We also dominated the Team of the Season with 8 of our players being named among the 11. Suprising that one of our forwards wasn't named up front but can't win them all I suppose. icon_razz.gif

Club News

Looking back at last year, I've realised that a lot changed in the last 12 months. My player of the year Maurizio Paoletti left for NAC Breda and the fans player of the year left for Anderlecht. The clubs all-time top goalscorer Zdravko Semialjac moved on to Varteks as well.

In terms of replacements Lucic (see below) did superbly. Georgi Panayotov was signed in January and did very well up front for us so it seems Paoletti and Semialjac were replaced well. I also have high hopes for club record signing (at £3.3million icon_eek.gif) Alen Cop. Although judging by his start (average) I think I've wasted my money! Here's hoping he proves me wrong next year. The training facilities are now 'Top' and youth are being upgraded this summer (hoping for an academy to be built). The club is now worth £21.5million. icon_smile.gif

Fans Player of the Year - Sinisa Lucic - signed at the end of last season as one of the hottest goalscoring prospects in Croatia, he didn't let me down and ended the year with an impressive haul of goals and assists.

My Player of the Year - Michal Sturma - The Czech genius was one of my 'Players to Watch' from last seasons update and he's had a stormer this time around. 7 goals and 8 assists in all competitions is a nice return from the young winger. He's one of my favourites here but I have a feeling we may have to sell him shortly. Clubs sniffing around him again. icon_frown.gif

Top Goalscorer - Sinisa Lucic (see above)

Promising Players

18/19 Watch:

Sturma - superb year, my player of the year.

Lucic - immense first season for us. Born goalscorer.

Magic - Was very solid when required, his season consisted of a lot of time on the bench but he should become a good squad player.

Jovicic - Lot of talent but so far hasn't shown anything to justify me picking him as 'one to watch'. Not sure what his best position is yet.

19/20 Stars of the Future:

Josip Pavlovic - New signing and something we've needed for a while. A youthful and talented MC. Looks like he could have some goals in him so could be a big year for the man.

Luka Kovar - A very promising fast left sided player. Next year should be his season to make the left back slot his own.

Finances - sitting at £12million in the black at the moment. icon_smile.gif

Records Broken/Set - Drazen Jurcic overtook former captain Mislav Busic as record appearance holder at the club. Sinisa Lucic went on to score 31 goals this season in all competitions, setting a new record. icon14.gif

Overall Best 11 - Dragan Kovacevic and Ante Cindric (Club Captain and Vice Captain respectively) along with Razvan Ratiu were the new inductees this season.

Gundo - for you:

4 domestic titles

Uefa Coeff - 109th - 26.067

Nation Coeff - 15th - 22.058

This is a big change - Nation coefficient has moved from 23rd last season to 15th. We now have an extra Champions League place icon14.gif

Finally, we are moving into the new 11194 Slavonija Stadium in June icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Originally posted by iacovone:

Hope thats not too long guys, let me know if you're not reading the updates, can easily cut parts out. icon_confused.gif

No update is too long, congratulations on another successful season. I wonder how long it will be until the media finally predict that Slavonija will finish top of the league?

Update - SalPa - 2009

Second season and there was no syndrome. We started better. We were better throughout and we finished better. As i mentioned at the end of last season a top 7 finish would be great. I did change that to title challenge pre season but im still happy with our 6th place. One more season in this division then ill be ready for the Premier League the following season i think. My signings in the winter made a huge difference.

Some Screenies

------------------------------------------------

MANAGER

Argurios Morningstar Profile

Confidence

CLUB

Squad

Transfers

Finances

PLAYERS

Top Scorer

Werner Kaitila was a much more consistent finisher than Raivio last season

My Player of the Season

Loanee Kalle Makinnen was a rock at the back and my overall best player of the season

LEAGUE

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

--------------------------------------------------------------

| Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts |

--------------------------------------------------------------

| 5 - FC Hameenlinna 26 - 13 -- 3 -- 10 - 45 - 35 - 10 - 42 |

| 6 - SalPa -------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 - 12 - 41 |

| 7 - VIFK --------- 26 - 11 -- 5 -- 10 - 24 - 27 - -3 - 38 |

| 8 - Atlantis FC -- 26 - 10 -- 7 --- 9 - 34 - 31 - 3 - 37 |

---------------------------------------------------------------

</pre>

We had nothing to play for with 6-7 games to go but we still played well regardless. Im very happy with the performance this season as a whole. I really think we could push the top teams all the way next season.

CUP

> 0:0p FC Korsholm A Wed, 6.5.2009 Finish Cup 4th Rnd

> 0:3 OPS A Sun, 7.6.2009 Finish Cup 5th Rnd

</pre>

Another poor showing led to the board being on my back again. Id rather concentrate on the league tho right now to be fair

FUTURE

This upcoming window i really want to sign a few of my loanees on a permanent deal. Three of them have contracts which run out at the end of this month and im hopefull of securing them. Ill continue my quest to sign up Lauri Della Valle too but its my defence i really need to strenthen this season. There is load of interest in my players but i plan on keeping the team together for this next season.

HISTORY

LEAGUE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Year DIV Pos P W D L F A Gd Pts |

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 11 ---------- 26 - 8 -- 4 -- 14 - 33 - 49 - -16 - 28 |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 6 ---------- 26 - 11 -- 8 --- 7 - 39 - 27 - 12 - 41 |

CUP

-----------------------

| Year Div Rnd |

-----------------------

| 2008 -- 1st ----- 4th |

| 2009 -- 1st ----- 5th |

-----------------------

</pre>

Mosside. N.Ireland. 1st Division. End of 2012/13. season.

League Table.

League Graph.

Squad stats.

GK stats.

Finances.

Info.

Overall best eleven.

League, (1stDivision). Champions (promoted). P22 W15 D5 L2 F46 A15 GD+30 PTS50.

Intermediate League Cup. Progressed through Group Stage but then lost on pens to Lurgan Celtic in Qtr Finals.

Antrim Trophy. Runners Up. Lost to Sirocco Works, (another "grey" team), in final.

Intermediate Cup. Lost in 2nd Round to Nortel, (another "grey" team). Aren't one of you guys managing them?

Irish Cup. Lost in Semi-Final to Dunmurry YM, (yes, a third loss this season to a "grey" club). All other semi-finalists except for us were "grey" teams.

Summary. We got promoted so let's not beat about the bush, it was a good season. In fact we only lost the 2 league games after we had already won the league so we should have gone undefeated too. The losses in the Cups are starting to drive me flippin BONKERS! I don't mind getting beat in them, (it's not as if I'm not used to loing cup matches), but losing to "grey" teams is starting to take over my life. For God's sake, we were the only non-grey team to make the semi's of the N.Irish Cup. That meant that "grey" Newington YC participated in the UEFA Cup this year icon_mad.gif.

Fat GK watch.

Appearances 173.

Goals scored 43.

Assists 9.

Clean sheets 62.

MOM awards22.

My player of the year. Fat GK again for me. 12 more goals, 3 more assists and another 19 clean sheets make impressive reading.

Supporters player of the year. Billy. 20 year old SCottish winger who was released by Distillery. 18 goals, 12 assists, 11 MOM awards.

In the close season the Premiership clubs seemed to go into a frenzy of trying to out-bid eachother for my pretty average players. I put big asking prices on many of them, (£500k on players valued at £1k), but it still didn't deter them. Every day I had 5-6 bids/enquiries and it took me an age to progress. I was right royally fecked off and my mood wasn't improved when the big boss upstairs accepted one of the offers for my young centre-half Whiteside for £250,000.

I suppose it could have been worse. I managed to fight off bids of £275,000 up front for 17 year old Collins, £250,000 up front for McMillen & £250,000 up front for Ciaran. It still means we're about £250,000 o'd but it's not a problem with the ridiculous amount of money that;s flying around the transfer market.

What irked me even more than the slow progress of my game with all the bids and enquiries was the problems that I noticed with the expert eleven feature.

Gutted is not the word icon_frown.gif.

Jimbo - Well done on winning the league, unlucky with the grey teams also. You'll find it a lot easier to beat them the further you progress. Tis a shame about the Overall Best Eleven feature but at least it still offers some indication of how our teams are changing over the years. icon14.gif

JohnnyQuest - You were right, for the first time we are predicted to win the league. I cut their win bonus to 'normal' in celebration. icon_biggrin.gif

Boskovic - decent second season there, hope you snap up the loanees and progress.

Jimbo - Well done on winning the league, unlucky with the grey teams also. You'll find it a lot easier to beat them the further you progress. Tis a shame about the Overall Best Eleven feature but at least it still offers some indication of how our teams are changing over the years.

It's not even so much as you get better against them as you progess as it is that you simply stop playing after you get to the Premier. Once you're there you stop playing in the ILC and progress to the League Cup with all Premier teams. You come in at later rounds of the Irish Cup and that means a lot less grey teams(for me it has been at least).

Boskovic Well done and Lomski looks like a pretty useful player, even though you had a battle to get him to sign.

Rlipscombe Hard luck on the latter part of your season, however 5th is a pretty respectable position. Spurs finished 5th two successive seasons, oh yes they then went and sacked Jol, hope the same doesn't happen to you!! icon_wink.gif

Iacovone Great season domestically. With regards to your posts, keep the detail in, it makes for a very interesting read and enables us to get a feel for how your game is going.

Also your work in the transfer market seems to have been pretty good too. KUTGW icon14.gif

Jimbokav A pretty good season, even though those damn Greys got in the way icon_mad.gif Best of luck next season.

As for Skjetten news, there isn't a great deal! I've managed to hang on to the majority of my players (for the moment icon_rolleyes.gif), but am getting considerable offers for players regularly. It's only a matter of time before the board accept one!

As i've been typing my board have just accepted my first million pound + transfer icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well, i'll do an update tonight showing what's happened in the transfer market. Out of my squad of 25 players only 22 are wanted by other clubs!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

Boskovic Well done and Lomski looks like a pretty useful player, even though you had a battle to get him to sign.

Rlipscombe Hard luck on the latter part of your season, however 5th is a pretty respectable position. Spurs finished 5th two successive seasons, oh yes they then went and sacked Jol, hope the same doesn't happen to you!! icon_wink.gif

Iacovone Great season domestically. With regards to your posts, keep the detail in, it makes for a very interesting read and enables us to get a feel for how your game is going.

Also your work in the transfer market seems to have been pretty good too. KUTGW icon14.gif

Jimbokav A pretty good season, even though those damn Greys got in the way icon_mad.gif Best of luck next season.

As for Skjetten news, there isn't a great deal! I've managed to hang on to the majority of my players (for the moment icon_rolleyes.gif), but am getting considerable offers for players regularly. It's only a matter of time before the board accept one!

As i've been typing my board have just accepted my first million pound + transfer icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well, i'll do an update tonight showing what's happened in the transfer market. Out of my squad of 25 players only 22 are wanted by other clubs!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah, having slept on it i'm not too disappointed overall. it's just when you're that close and it slips away!! icon_rolleyes.gif i was looking forward to a trip to far flung Luxembourg or something like that.... icon_biggrin.gif

Caerleon AFC - Welsh Premier League - Season 2009 - 2010

Following last seasons 7th place finish, the media predicted us to repeat the feat this season, and finish 7th once more. As previously mentioned, we bettered that and finished a respectable 5th.

League Table

As you will be aware, we sat 3rd for a long period in the season, which would have given us InterToto Cup football. when it came down to the back end of the season, my players crumbled a bit under the pressure and we slipped down to 5th. Although my disappointment was clear, i have to be pleased with 5th, which is an improvement on last season, and matched my ambitions for the season.

In the cups, we sucked. first round exits in all three cups were bitterly disappointing. As mentioned, in the Chasllenge Cup, which i got to the semis last year, we had been drawn in a group with the 2 promoted teams. we finished with a record of 1-0-3. (we continued this appaling form against them in the league...) icon_mad.gif

Finances

Finances improved over the season, with us creeping back into the black. this was especially satisfying considering an increased wage budget and poor form in the cups. a prize of £1,300 for coming 5th in the league made all of the difference!! icon_eek.gif ha ha.

Being a stupid fool as i am, i forgot to print screen the end of season squad figures before they were cleared for the new season, so no squad records....

On the transfer front, we signed our first islanders (legitimatly..), mainly as investments for the future. A 16 year old ST did get a run at the end of the season when we were light up front. he weighed in with some important goals to help our stuttering run. i have high hopes for him in future seasons.

Our fans player of the year (and probably mine also) was Lance Thomas, who continues to draw plenty of attention.

Lance Thomas

his record for the season can be seen on the Best XI link for the season.

Best XI - Season

the best XI for the season is pretty much my first choice team, with the exception of switching Olly Kenney for Dean Grubb.

Best XI - Overall

on the Overall best XI, the only addition from this season was Mike Pearson. Kyle Graves appeared as a reserve following his first season with the club.

Aims for new season

my aims for the new season are:

- Improve further in the league. a top-3 place is achievable with a bit of luck and some improvement.

- improve finances further

- sign a better GK. Little is doing OK but he isn't great...

- although slightly ambitious, win a cup maybe??

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

On the transfer front, we signed our first islanders (legitimatly..), mainly as investments for the future. A 16 year old ST did get a run at the end of the season when we were light up front. he weighed in with some important goals to help our stuttering run. i have high hopes for him in future seasons.

Well done on the improvement this season. icon14.gif

The Islanders are awesome, in my game they were better than anything I could sign domestically and really helped push us to the top.

Originally posted by cookie15:

Rlipscombe I reckon you've set yourself some very sensible and realistic targets for the remainder of the season. Also, Lance Thomas looks like a useful player who you'll do well to keep.

Good luck for next season icon14.gif

i am getting bids on an almost weekly basis for him. no way i'm going to sell him though. am getting alot of bids for alot of my players in general actually. "reject all offers" is a great feature!! icon_biggrin.gif

on the 'aims' front, i could easily go "i want to win the league, get into europe, etc..." but it wouldn't achieve anything, so best be realistic. besides, Llanelli are very strong in our league and will be difficult to just beat then in a season or two. will take time - but it'll happen!!

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Well done on the improvement this season. icon14.gif

The Islanders are awesome, in my game they were better than anything I could sign domestically and really helped push us to the top. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well that's it though isn't it. to be honest, most of the players in the league aren't great, so Islanders are bound to be better than what's available. it seems in most cases, players with 2 or 3 stars are rated as "a good signing fr the Welsh Premier League" which doesn't say much really. i don't really want to get to a stage where all of my players are foreigners, but if needs must i will.

my only gripe with the regen thing and the Islanders is that a few players from other european countries, eastern europe maybe, being interested in signing would reflect real life a bit. Obviously Islanders would be very keen on moving to most countries to play football, but with the movement of people from the EU, i'm sure people from romania, poland etc would love to come to the UK and play in Wales, or Ireland etc...

maybe i'm wrong but that's my thoughts anyway.

Randaberg IL Relegation battle latest...

Will it be icon_smile.gif or icon_frown.gif

I'm sure with you at the helm it'll be icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

I think i predicted you to finish 12th and stay up via the play-offs at the start of the season. How's my prediction looking at the moment?

Slavonija Champions League Update - 19/20

A change to procedure this time around. We go straight in at the 3rd Qualifying Round instead of the 2nd, presumably after 2 good years of Uefa Cup progress. icon14.gif

Anyway we came in unseeded and got lucky to avoid the mighty Barcelona and Liverpool. We were drawn against Galatasaray (last season's Uefa Cup runners up!) A tough game is ahead of us!

On the domestic front, we have also got a tough year ahead, I have been rotating the squad a lot and have already drawn and lost 1 game! icon_eek.gif

After selling some of our fringe players to teams in Croatia it looks as if I've inadvertently assisted them in closing the gap on us! Osijek and Sibenik look like my main rivals. Hajduk are definitely not the force they once were. icon_smile.gif

Unbelievable!!!

It went right down to the wire, we had to win our last game and we did just! A Stian Ringstad effort in the 82nd minute against HamKam. His strike ensures Randabergs stay in the Tippaligaen goes on abit longer.

Well may as well get straight into it. With Galatasaray jetting into Pozega, the Slavonija faithful were anticipating a cracking match. The newly built Slavonija Stadium was packed to the rafters hoping for the right result. And we didn't disappoint. A great result in Leg 1 for the Slavs. icon14.gif After going 1 down so early it seemed as if we'd gone and cocked it up before the tie had even begun. Thankfully superstar Sinisa Lucic had other ideas and inspired the team to a resounding 4-1 win. icon_cool.gif

The away tie came along quickly and despite heading to Turkey with a 3 goal lead, I ensured we did not sit back and try to defend it. This is not the Slavonija way! icon_wink.gif So we went out and attacked Galatasaray and subsequently produced the game of the season so far. Tremendous entertainment and an obscene amount of shots led me to think Leg 2 will be remembered in Turkey for a while yet.

So, success in qualifying and with the added bonus of £3million we head into the group stage as 4th seeds. We drew:

Inter

West Ham

Zenith St.Peterburg

Inter are the current European Champions and West Ham the current Uefa Cup holders. icon_eek.gif

We know very little about Zenith other than they won the Intertoto Cup a few years back. A tough group nonetheless and hopefully we can take 3rd spot and have another crack at the Uefa Cup! Bring it on.

Unbelievable!!!

It went right down to the wire, we had to win our last game and we did just! A Stian Ringstad effort in the 82nd minute against HamKam. His strike ensures Randabergs stay in the Tippaligaen goes on abit longer.

Superb news Gundo! icon14.gif

In my head Per Christian Myhre has picked young Stian Ringstad out with a 60 yard cross field ball. Young Stian has then rounded the keeper, slotted it home, and run to the home fans (hope you were at home). The final image is of Stian and Per hugging with joyous Randaberg fans mobbing them from over the advertising hoardings! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

Unbelievable!!!

Superb news Gundo! icon14.gif

In my head Per Christian Myhre has picked young Stian Ringstad out with a 60 yard cross field ball. Young Stian has then rounded the keeper, slotted it home, and run to the home fans (hope you were at home). The final image is of Stian and Per hugging with joyous Randaberg fans mobbing them from over the advertising hoardings! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers, yeah Stian was mobbed by nearly all Randaberg players. icon_biggrin.gif

Full end of season report to follow...

Well may as well get straight into it. With Galatasaray jetting into Pozega, the Slavonija faithful were anticipating a cracking match. The newly built Slavonija Stadium was packed to the rafters hoping for the right result. And we didn't disappoint. A great result in Leg 1 for the Slavs. icon14.gif After going 1 down so early it seemed as if we'd gone and cocked it up before the tie had even begun. Thankfully superstar Sinisa Lucic had other ideas and inspired the team to a resounding 4-1 win. icon_cool.gif

The away tie came along quickly and despite heading to Turkey with a 3 goal lead, I ensured we did not sit back and try to defend it. This is not the Slavonija way! icon_wink.gif So we went out and attacked Galatasaray and subsequently produced the game of the season so far. Tremendous entertainment and an obscene amount of shots led me to think Leg 2 will be remembered in Turkey for a while yet.

So, success in qualifying and with the added bonus of £3million we head into the group stage as 4th seeds. We drew:

Inter

West Ham

Zenith St.Peterburg

Inter are the current European Champions and West Ham the current Uefa Cup holders. icon_eek.gif

We know very little about Zenith other than they won the Intertoto Cup a few years back. A tough group nonetheless and hopefully we can take 3rd spot and have another crack at the Uefa Cup! Bring it on.

congrats Iacovone... group will be tough but i'm sure if you go and attack them you have a chance!!

Cheers guys, as we speak I'm having a good session of FM so could get the group stage done this afternoon.

Zenith (h) - A great game to introduce the Slavonija Stadium to the Champions League, plenty of chances and after we went 2-0 up I thought it'd be plain sailing from there on in. I was wrong and in truth looking at the period of pressure we sustained in the last 20 minutes we were fortunate to come away with a win. Sinisa Lucic was on fire once more with a goal and assist. His strike partner and newly capped Croat Alen Cop was just as good and picked up the MOM.

West Ham vs Inter - The other game saw Inter equalise in the final minute to leave East London with a 2-2 draw. A good result for West Ham and I'm sure they'll be disappointed not to actually take all 3 points.

Randaberg IL - 2013 Norwegian Tippeligaen End Of Season Report

So after a tentative start to our life in the top flight mainly due to may negative outlook, we managed to survive after a last game of the season win to my delight. \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Early season form was quite poor and seen us floating around the drop zone for much of the first 2 months. When we did finally hit some good consistent form injuries and bedding new players in got in the way. That followed by a heavy 4-0 cup defeat against Lyn Oslo, started what can only be described as a disastrous run which went on for 8 league games. icon_frown.gif

When we did eventually manage to awaken from our football coma, we where in a dire situation adrift at the foot of the table. Only a miracle would of starved off the dreaded drop.

An unbelievable last five games for Randaberg, which promptly seen us collect 4 wins only losing to top of the table Lyn Oslo in the process (no disgrace going down 3-2 at Ullevål) ensured survival.

Screenies:

Last half of the season results. The run of 9 games without a win in red and our superb run in the last five games - green.

Final league table. icon_smile.gif

Stian Ringstad. This guy has gone from strength to strength and his first season in the Premier resulted in him being the divisjons leading scorer with 20 goals in 26 games. icon14.gif

Per Christian Myhre. What can I say? Well after going the whole of last season without a goal, that just had to change and change it did. After his position move from the winger to AMC he prospered and eventually finished up with 5 league goals(3 of those where distance efforts after corner kicks, Cheers for the advice Jimbo icon14.gif ) and 6 assists. icon14.gif

The Randaberg Adventure So Far...

2013 Tippeligaen 11th

2012 1.divisjon 2nd Promoted.

2011 1.divisjon 5th

2010 1.divisjon 12th

2009 2.divisjon Avd.3 2nd Promoted.

2008 2.divisjon Avd.3 7th

Archived