Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by ghostwriter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Well Done G,W ... It's good to keep in the top league.! I'm sure you'll do better next year

unfortunately i am not even in the top league yet icon_frown.gif. nor do i suspect i will for a good few seasons yet. i need either a superstar or a parent club, if i had the latter, the chance of a former are higher.

if i had gone down, that would have been the end of the game for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, sorry to hear that.!

Maybe, I don't know, I could help with tactics? Because with just a few average players, I could consolidate your team icon_smile.gif (*I am just that good)

No im kidding, but if you feel you need help in your game anywhere just ask the forum icon_smile.gif everyone here is an expert of some part of the game (which im sure you are yourself), and collectively we could dominate. W0000T

Cake. Yea, Cake.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Guys. Do you realise that you can't sign someone from a foreign nation unless you can scout them or unless they come on trial. You can't just approach to sign.

yeah, i am aware of that... the only 'controversial(??)' thing is that i offered alan Power a trial, and then another team offered him a contract. i didn't want to risk missing out on him so i subsequently offered him a contract............

don't hate me too much.... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's poor form rlipscombe... icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always lose players like that (4 This season all to rival clubs)but I always get them on trial thats why I post my Trials at the end

Here a tip for everyone check the unattached for regens that appear at a certain time of your nation from close Nations thats were I've got half my squaid from.

But remember get them on Trials first or scout

Originally posted by Sytse:

Pfff, i`m still trying to get screenshots for my first update with Ulricehamn. i`m already in 2011.

Check Google for something called ImageShack Quickshot.

Lightweight programme that runs in the background and you can set it up to take a screenshot and auto-upload it to ImageShack.

actually that probably sounded a little negative icon_biggrin.gif. once i find either a good striker or the ability to make my lesser strikers score, it will be an improvement. have fiddled around with a few tactics, hopefully one will work!

the coming season can surely not be as bad as the last one, although never in the bottom 2 we were never out of the bottom 6 either.

a parent club would work wonders though, so far the board refuses though.

currently going thru the pre-season and galatasaray decided to start their swiss tour at our place. yikes.

got an acceptable result in the end. was expecting at least double figures when it was 0-4 after 22 minutes icon_redface.gif. we should have scored and even had more possession than them.

revenge shall be mine when we meet again in Europe in, erm, several years time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Guys. Do you realise that you can't sign someone from a foreign nation unless you can scout them or unless they come on trial. You can't just approach to sign.

yeah, i am aware of that... the only 'controversial(??)' thing is that i offered alan Power a trial, and then another team offered him a contract. i didn't want to risk missing out on him so i subsequently offered him a contract............

oops!! it was an honest mistake guys... if it gets back the respect of you all i will do my best to get rid of him as soon as i can, for as little as i can. in the meantime i won't play him.

As for the ameobi affair Jimbo i was never planning on signing him from them. i just did it to see what my ass man thought of him as i couldn't scout him - that was all. i am fully aware of the rules and i want to complete the challenge following all of the rules. all i can say in my defence was that it was getting late, i was tired, and slightly merry and was a bit carried away at the prospect of signing a decent player.

my lesson has been truly learnt. if you want me to kneel and beg for forgiveness i will... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Yea mayne. Thats the spirit.

I LOVEEEE THE CAKE.

give use a bit icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apple Crumble. Custard or Cream?

I thought you might like a little update as I've got to the official halfway stage of the season:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Pos Team P W D L GD Pts

9 La Chaux de Fonds 17 6 4 7 +5 22

10 Locarno 17 6 3 8 -9 21

11 FC BAULMES 16 5 4 7 0 19

12 Concordia Basel 17 5 4 8 -3 19

13 Seefeld 17 5 3 9 -5 18

</pre>

My 17th game ig going to be the return fixture against Seefeld who we beat 4-0 away. The team I haven't played is Vaduz, as our match keeps getting postponed due to the UEFA cup, or international callups or the Schweizer cup. Basically they're too scared to face us icon_biggrin.gif

Knockbreda Update.! - Season 3, N. Irish Premier Division

After 7 League games, I amazingly find myself sat atop the table.! Six wins and a 4-3 Last minute defeat leave me a staggering 4 points clear.! I would never had imagined such a beautiful start. Semi Final of the Irish League Cup, which was nice, only to get knocked out by Portadown (Also Current Holders), and lost in the first round Antrim Cup to a much better Glentoran side (who i've since beaten in the league, and beat once in the Groups stages of the League Cup, and in the Second Round (1/4 Final) of the Same trophy, is the only downer this season.

My susperstar striker is being outdone this season by a younger, and apparently better model.!

From my very own youth setup up at the start of the season, a certain Neil McFarland got promoted, and due to lack of fast strikers, i fast tracked him to the first team incase of Injury to paul wallace. It was actually international duty that awarded McFarland his first start, and he scored a goal within 57 seconds of his debut. (Not a record icon_frown.gif ) ... I then decided to play the pair together to see if the partnership would work... and its pretty much the cause of my 1st place position right now.

27 Goals in 29 Games from the pair, 18 in 16 for McFarland and 9 in 13 for Paul Wallace, and only 10 goals between the rest of my team. They are very similar players, very fast with an eye for goal, and good long shots, and due to the such young age, could be together for years. The thing that makes McFarland just a LITTLE better than wallace in my eyes, is the fact that he is the product of my youth academy, and Paul Wallace was signed as an Unattatched regen in my first managerial season. (Knockbreda are the only club he has signed or played for.).

Anyway, 1 more game then im off to bed, hopefully complete the season tomorrow and get an update in too.! well, it is saturday after all.

Amur Blagoveschensk - Russian Premier Division - End of Season 2011

Media Prediction: 14th out of 16 (Last year: 16th)

Board Prediction: Stay clear of relegation (Last year: Fight bravely against relegation)

Final League Position: 4th place (Last year: 8th place)

Russian Cup: Quarter Final (Last season: 6th round)

League Table - Qualified for the Intertoto Cup, it's time to rack up the airmiles lads!

Position Graph - Shows the story of the season pretty well: a poor start, then a very good sustained run, but couldn't quite last the pace to finish higher.

Season Overview

Club Info

Finance Summary

Confidence Overview

Squad | Formation

Keeper - Eugeny Gorodov - Ever-present, 15 clean sheets in 30 league games, and 6 MoMs. Also seemed to produce his best in the tight games that we won 1-0, we have him to thank for a lot of points this season.

Centre-half - Vitaly Shumeyko - Ukranian giant, solid as a rock and surprisingly quick for a man of his size. Just one goal which is a bit disappointing, but that's one more than last season.

Right-back/Captain - Valentin Nefedov - No goals, no assists and no MoMs in 27 games, but has captained the side successfully and has been very strong in defence. He's leaving in the close season, for £375k, which, for a 29-year-old, is not to be sniffed at, especially when our bank balance is still in the red.

Centre-mid - Victor Imrekov - Highly sought-after midfielder, who could be on his way out. He's technically very good, but I struggle to get the best out of him. I'm currently pondering a £1.5m + 45% bid from another Premier Division side, that amount of money would set us up financially for a couple of seasons at least.

Centre-mid - Robert Kajda - New kid on the block, brought in mid-season, and could take over from Imrekov. Took a few games to settle, but looks very promising.

Striker - Alexandr Yevstafjev - Top-scorer in the division, but our only player to score over 5 goals this campaign. He's just signed a 3-year extension, so will probably be leading the line for a while yet. 45 goals in 58 league games is very impressive for a mid-table side.

Right, getting a little rushed as I've got work at 8am in the morning so must go to bed. Overall I'm delighted with this season, but as with last season, I feel our league position is a little generous and we're probably not ready yet for a European challenge. I'll post our best XI later, once I've played through to the reset date.

Gundo, in Ireland there is no relegation/promotion from the First Division in the first season (2007), though you can start in 2008, where there is. One problem is that the team that comes last in the First Division plays a play-off with the lower-league team, irl, so I assume it'd be the same on FM 2008. So shall I just keep reloading the game until a lower-league team comes up, or could I be able to pick one of the two teams that were elected to the First Division? (Limerick 37 and Wexford Youths)

Originally posted by Paz-CCFC:

Gundo, in Ireland there is no relegation/promotion from the First Division in the first season (2007), though you can start in 2008, where there is. One problem is that the team that comes last in the First Division plays a play-off with the lower-league team, irl, so I assume it'd be the same on FM 2008. So shall I just keep reloading the game until a lower-league team comes up, or could I be able to pick one of the two teams that were elected to the First Division? (Limerick 37 and Wexford Youths)

Obviously I'm not Gundo, but the promotion 'problems' in Ireland have been brought up earlier in the thread, and it's a bit of a mess really.

There's a thread here in the bugs forum about it, and it hasn't been fixed as of 8.0.1.

If you're wanting to play in Ireland then I think Gundo will want you to take charge of a newly promoted team from 2008, rather than just choosing Limerick 37 or Wexford, but at the moment, it will always be Mullingar who are promoted.

Have a look at the data in the overall best eleven screen. Mine are all carp.

The appearances are wrong for everyone icon13.gif.

The goals scored are wrong for everyone except my GK icon13.gif.

The positions that players are qualified in is not the same as it is elsewhere icon13.gif.

Players are selected to play in positions which they have never represented the club in icon13.gif.

Shambles icon_frown.gif.

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Might be because they're not updated in real-team, only at the end of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Real-time* icon_mad.gif

I'm at the end of the season icon_frown.gif.

Have you been up all night?

I have but not done a min on fm I'm going on it now after I have a cup of Coffee icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, most of the night. I was ill over New Years and by body-clock is all over the place what with me sleeping during the day when I was ill.

Haven't played any FM either.

It's only a little thing, but I've got the right arse about the "overall best eleven" screen.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I'm at the end of the season icon_frown.gif.

Have you been up all night?

I have but not done a min on fm I'm going on it now after I have a cup of Coffee icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, most of the night. I was ill over New Years and by body-clock is all over the place what with me sleeping during the day when I was ill.

Haven't played any FM either.

It's only a little thing, but I've got the right arse about the "overall best eleven" screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it not being updated?,

have you had the meassage about it in you meassages?

It's not that it's not being updated, it's that the info is all wrong.

Wrong player positions.

Wrong appearance stats.

Wrong goals stats.

Players selected who have only played 3 substitute games in 2 years.

Players selected in positions they have never played in.

It's not that it's not being updated, it's that the info is all wrong.

Wrong player positions.

Wrong appearance stats.

Wrong goals stats.

Players selected who have only played 3 substitute games in 2 years.

Players selected in positions they have never played in.

must be a bug icon_mad.gif It is a good Idea too, as you could see how the team changes over years

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

oops!! it was an honest mistake guys... if it gets back the respect of you all i will do my best to get rid of him as soon as i can, for as little as i can. in the meantime i won't play him.

As for the ameobi affair Jimbo i was never planning on signing him from them. i just did it to see what my ass man thought of him as i couldn't scout him - that was all. i am fully aware of the rules and i want to complete the challenge following all of the rules. all i can say in my defence was that it was getting late, i was tired, and slightly merry and was a bit carried away at the prospect of signing a decent player.

my lesson has been truly learnt. if you want me to kneel and beg for forgiveness i will... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't worry about it too much, what's done is done and what you now know about the signing of players guidlines you can now sign players using the correct methods in future. icon14.gif

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paz-CCFC:

Obviously I'm not Gundo, but the promotion 'problems' in Ireland have been brought up earlier in the thread, and it's a bit of a mess really.

There's a thread here in the bugs forum about it, and it hasn't been fixed as of 8.0.1.

If you're wanting to play in Ireland then I think Gundo will want you to take charge of a newly promoted team from 2008, rather than just choosing Limerick 37 or Wexford, but at the moment, it will always be Mullingar who are promoted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holidaying for a couple of seasons in order to get different teams promoted is fine. icon14.gif

i would have posted this last night but the internet wouldn't work... icon_frown.gif

i have very quickly despatched of Alan Power, off on a free transfer so as to avoid making a profit. there are no clauses or add-ons either.

Power Out

ManU - does that link have all of the welsh logos? i have them for the initial premier league clubs, along with the kits. the link doesn't work by the way.

johnnyquest - congrats on european qualification. even if you're not ready in your eyes, a good draw and you might be away. good experience also.

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

my lesson has been truly learnt. if you want me to kneel and beg for forgiveness i will... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't worry about it too much, what's done is done and what you now know about the signing of players guidlines you can now sign players using the correct methods in future. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i've got rid of him now anyway. i just don't want to be frowned upon by the other players. at least i was honest!! icon_biggrin.gif i want to achieve the challenge legitimatly but i merely got a bit ahead of myself under the threat of losing him. lesson learnt.

ManU - does that link have all of the welsh logos? i have them for the initial premier league clubs, along with the kits. the link doesn't work by the way.

Yes all the welsh teams and It's works for me

I have made my own kits and look quite good for my first kits anyone want to see a pic

Slavonija Champions League Update - 18/19

We headed to Northern Ireland first off against Linfield.

Leg 1

Leg 2

icon_smile.gif So all in all, a solid 2nd Qualifying round victory. We drew Olympiakos in the next round, a win would get us into the group stage for 2 years running. After destroying Spurs 11-3 on aggregate at this stage last season, I was confident.

Leg 1 - We dominated that game but only came away with a 1-0 win. Slightly disappointing but we hadn't conceded an away goal which put us in good stead for the away day in Greece.

Leg 2 - icon_frown.gif Gutted! We were so so close to making it and felt we had enough chances to get the away goal. Sadly penalties decided it and we drop into the Uefa Cup.

We have been drawn against FC Koln. Looking forward to it...

Have a look at the data in the overall best eleven screen. Mine are all carp.

The positions that players are qualified in is not the same as it is elsewhere icon13.gif.

Players are selected to play in positions which they have never represented the club in icon13.gif.

Shambles icon_frown.gif.

I have this in my Carshalton game for Dafuges challenge. After screenshotting every GK goal, (for the fat goalie thread) i had the goal count at 20 something, yet on the overall Best eleven, it was up around 40. I just figured it was my mistake, and must have missed a bunch.! As yet on my Knockbreda game, they are still correct. At what point did yours start messing up?

I have made my own kits and look quite good for my first kits anyone want to see a pic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

got it working now. i'll have a look!! i've got kits too but need the config file. i take it you have one. don't suppose i could have it too..... icon_wink.gif

Jimbo - looking at my overall best eleven at first glance the appearances seem to be wrong too. However looking at the history it seems they take into account appearances in all competitions. See if that works for you?

Yeah, it's meant to be all appearances but that's not it either.

I've tried it with league games.

I've tried it with league games and cup games but without sub appearances.

I've tried it with league games and cup games but without games where player was subbed off.

It's just wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

I have made my own kits and look quite good for my first kits anyone want to see a pic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

got it working now. i'll have a look!! i've got kits too but need the config file. i take it you have one. don't suppose i could have it too..... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes but you got to name the kits 350950 away and 350950 home and put them in the welsh Premier league kits Replace that config with this one

TKP Torun in the Polish Second Division

Season Review 2009/10

My main aim for the second season was for improvement and progression and we certainly got it this season.

There was a noticeable step up in quality from the players, although we did lack some real quality in central midfield, and to be honest, if it wasnt for a very poor run going into the winter break, I would probably now be building up to a promotion playoff.

As it is, we missed out on the playoffs, finally finishing in 5th place in the league.

One greatly pleasing thing was being unbeaten against league winners Jagiellonia, with a draw away and a 4-3 win at home (we were 4-0 up at one stage!).

League Positions graph - highlighting our slump which cost us a shot at promotion.

And my player of the season was top scorer Piotr Kobierecki, although we have another very good striker in Grzegorz Misiura, who unfortunately was injured for almost half of the season with various injuries.

I have already signed up two central midfielders who are much better than the ones I currently have, aswell as some more options in midfield, and I am hoping to bring in a good striker and defender to give me more strength in depth, however they will have to be at least as good as the existing players.

I havent renewed quite a few contracts as I oversee a clearout of deadwood, or high earners who arent worth it, which is quite important as the club is struggling financially despite repeated cash injections from the board.

Next season I really hope we can challenge for promotion, although it will be hard to go head to head with the quailty teams relegated, however the 4 points taken from Jagiellonia really go to show that I am getting closer in terms of player quality.

One final thing, does anyone else notice that their Assistant Managers seem to demand ridiculously high wages or arent interested in renewing their contract. Its going to be 3 Assistants in 3 seasons for me!

Originally posted by Supermas2:

One final thing, does anyone else notice that their Assistant Managers seem to demand ridiculously high wages or arent interested in renewing their contract. Its going to be 3 Assistants in 3 seasons for me!

yes mine want double for 1 year but I got him for 4/5 years worth it I think

I've got some player tips for my fellow Swiss challengers:

Ugor Nganga DC, NGA, BSC Young Boys

Highly rated on paper but appears to be Switzerland's answer to Titus Bramble. Avoid him like the plague.

Tim Velten AMR, NED, Grenchen

Good right midfielder for the Challenge League available for only 7k because he's at a small club.

Patrizio Pascucci ST, ITA, Baulmes

Keeping my loanees from Young Boys out of the team. Not the best stats but good solid performances and good goals.

Archived