Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welly Rec - New Manager.!!!

Ok, I've taken a break from DaFuge's Challenge (It's increasingly difficult this FM.!!) .. but for my love of LLM, Decided to take up Gundo's Challenge.! (Didn't complete it for FM07, But got close with Killyleagh)

I took over Wellington Recreational, and didn't have much to work with.!

Results So far....

Welly Rec 1-4 Carrick (ILC)

Annagh Utd 2-2 Welly Rec (ILC)

Welly Rec 1-3 Dunmurry YM (Antrim Trophy 2nd Round - Amatuer team, grrrrrr)

Bangor 5-0 Welly Rec (ILC)

So, 4 Games in, 3 losses and 1 draw. Not the best of starts, My scout it finishing his scouting trip within 3 days EVERY time, and I can't get any players.!

Originally posted by Joshisapoolie:

Burda watch

An impressive first season from Burda on the wing. I was thinking of loaning him out but I felt he could use some first team action and I thought his inclusion would greatly benefit my cause, which as you can see, it did. He seems alot taller this year and his height could be a nice bonus if/when I decided to play him up front. Oh and he is the most improved player in my squad so far (in terms of his stats at the start of the 2nd season). Hopefully this is an indication of great potential icon_smile.gif

I didn't know his height in FM08 and it would appear he is taller than he was in 07. One other explanation could be that the researchers didn't enter a valid field for his height, which would result in it being generated by random for each new game.

Lisburn Rangers – 2009/10 – Northern Irish First Division.

Media Prediction: 8th

Final Position: 6th

Irish Cup: CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Intermediate Cup: 2nd round

Intermediate League Cup: 2-2-1 in group stage (3rd)

Antrim Trophy: 3rd round

Final League Position

One word. Inconsistent. I could thrash teams 5-0 and 5-1, but would then lose 3-2 or 2-1 with some daft goals conceded at daft times. We never looked like going up at all. I started with some tragic cup losses and went out of the Intermediate cup thingy. However towards the end of the season my squad was boosted by some incredible performances in the Northern Irish Cup. It went on and on, until I managed to reach the cup-final against Ards of the Premier Division. And guess what?

I only won!!!!111

Sadly due in part to my own stupidity and laziness, I let my cracking young defender Ryan Mullan go to Dungannon on a free transfer. Its going to be hard to replace him. I’ve also manage to lose Hayes, Daly and my keeper Hogg as well. Very ****ed off. On the whole, I think my transfers just never gelled this season, and the players whom I was loyal to last season, were simply not good enough this time around. The whole team is being pulled up by the goals of Gary Johnson who grabbed 35 this season. I will need to get some decent players in during the close season. Hopefully with my cup win, my increased reputation (now regional) may attract better quality players to my club. So I should be able to mount a decent title challenge next season. But its all going to depend on who I can get to the club. Hopefully my new reputation will help a lot!

But the main thing is obviously my debut in Europe after just two seasons in charge. icon_biggrin.gif

Finances are looking a little dodgy and fluctuate rapidly. Even my cup-win didn’t bring in the moolah. I’m 6k in the red and its probably the main reason why the board were still in limbo over my new contract. Hopefully this cup win has saved my job.

But I think 6th was a modest finish. And hopefully I can build on this. I really don’t care about the UEFA Cup at the minute. Just promotion.

Mosside – 2011/12 – Northern Irish Premier division

Media Prediction: 13th

Final Position: 3rd icon14.gif

Irish Cup: Semi-final – lost to Distillery 1-0 in extra time icon_frown.gif

Antrim Cup: Quaterfinal - lost 0-1 to Cliftonville

Top-scorer: Neil Burton 30 goals in 41 games

Supporters Player of The Year: Neil Burton(hatrick)

My Player of The Year: Neil Burton

Huge improvement everywhere, we got lucky in the cups and met no non-league sides icon14.gif, I maanged to meet all the boards expectations for once icon14.gif, but I felt gutted when Distillery beat us in extra time icon13.gif, but the league was promising, midway we were top of league, but a draw and a loss in the next two games bumped us to third and we stayed in third for the rest of the season, we had some amazing games I even beat Linfield 7-0 icon_eek.gif, we beat Glentoran 4-0 aswell icon_biggrin.gif, I thought we would goto the Euro Vase, I was praying that Linfield did us a favour and beat Distillery, they did beat Distillery and thus we qualifed for europe /o\.

Next year looks bright and with my squad nearly completly foriegn, I will try to compete for the league next year, but in europe we just drew Inter(Z) of croatia, I hope I can pull through this icon_smile.gif.

Cofficents Watch: Northern Irealnd have moved upto 45th in the Cofficents.

Next season Plan:

• Compete for the premier League

• Get some more good regens

SalPa, Finnish Premier League, End of Season 2012

My goal for this year was simply to survive, and I had set my target for the year at 28 points, a goal I knew would ensure us safety this year. Unfortunately, we couldn’t attain that mark, but in the end, we ended the year out of the relegation zone, something I was absolutely thrilled about, especially getting dumped out of the Finnish Cup in the group stages after amassing only two points. The year wasn’t a total loss though. We had a fairly decent squad, with some awesome attacking players. The problem is that we are paper thin depth wise, and couldn’t afford for any of our first eleven to get out injured. Our backline was quite poor, but our midfield and strikers were quite solid. I feel like we’ll have a solid foundation to go with next season, maybe bring in some quality foreigners, since my entire squad is Finnish. Unfortunately, we’re still semi-pro, and I cannot scout anywhere other than Finland, so my chance of getting some foreigners is quite low. Here’s to next season.

Final Table

Position Graph

mosside - 2012/13 - Nothern Irish Premier Division

I just finished 4th with mosside in 2012/13, not bothered to do a season report for once, as the season was terrible, the cups sucked, I entered europe and got beat by Inter(Z) 8-0 on aggerate icon_mad.gif, I could have finished 2nd but me players threw it away in the last two games, I'm going to take a break from this save.

Gundo am I aloud to do two saves, because I want to have one for Wales and one for Northern Irealnd

Well I got hammered in both UEFA Cup legs 4-0 by Youngs Boys Bern of Switzerland. No real surprise. But the £50,000 TV revenue and tickets from the home-leg, came in handy.

Season is currently 4-0-2 and I have a real chance of going up this season. The strikers I've brought in are doing the job (even with my star-man Gary Johnson on the sidelines!)

I've also won another trophy, the Intermediate League Cup by beating Wakehurst 2-1 in the final. Had 6 players missing due to international duty and spent most of the match down to ten-men. However that 94th minute winner was classic!

The board still didn't care though. I guess they just want promotion. And so do I!

FC BULLE - Swiss Challenge League - Half Season Review 2008/09

Things started off well with 7 points from a possible 9. Since then however, it's been a slippery slope downwards! I'm spiralling into what seems certain relegation. The Swiss Cup didnt go too well either - albeit my board wanted me to "enjoy the experience of playing in the cup" but I got put out by non league opposition in the second round.

Half Season League Table

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/CaptainStarbuster/HalfSeason08-09.jpg

OK, after a terrible time with Wellington Rec, I've started again.!!

Knockbreda FC - N.I Second Division

Expectations - Promotion

Manager Profile

The fact that the board expect promotion, shows that i should have a pretty decent squad already. I guess only time will tell huh.

I'll not give up on this one, and will really try hard with tactics etc..... Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

happy & NepentheZ My top goalscorer in my first season in N.Ireland scored only 4 goals. I'm still not sure how I didn't get relegated.

Good luck.

Cheers Jimbo, my GK has 13 Free Kick rating, icon_smile.gif ... might get him on them, haven't decided yet, as it could cost me a lot of goals...

Lisburn Rangers – 2010/11 – Northern Irish First Division.

Media Prediction: 3rd

Final Position: 2nd (Promoted through playoff)

Irish Cup: 5th round loss 2-1 away to Coleraine

Intermediate Cup: 1st round

Intermediate League Cup: Winners

Antrim Trophy: 2nd round

All Ireland Cup Out in group stages: 1-1-4. icon_frown.gif

UEFA Cup Out in 1st qualifying round 8-0 on agg. To Young Boys.

Final League Position

Playoff 1st leg

Playoff 2nd leg

Nothing much to say. After my top goalscorer for the past two seasons Gary Johnson was sidelined with injury for most of the season, my other strikers, chipped in with a good haul of goals to provide some relief. Throughout the season I dipped in and out of the top three positions as a tight and nervous title race came down to the wire. In the end, it was between myself and Limavady, who themselves reached the final of the Intermediate Cup and Irish Cup final. They lost both.

However on the note of cups, I managed to win the Intermediate League Cup, in what I hope is my last season ever competing in it.

Towards the end of the season I competed in the All-Ireland cup after my Irish Cup win last year. Republic of Ireland teams are very strong in this thing and I merely saw it as a money making exercise. Thanks to this, and my UEFA Cup exploits – my bank balance is now very healthy. Time to ask for a training upgrade I think.

On the subject of players, all my best players are destined to leave again, mainly due to my reluctance to offer contracts before the season ends and I’m still unsure of my final league position. Time to rebuild again. Next season is going to be tough, but hopefully I can rebuild my squad to compete at this level.

It does annoy me now that my increased reputation since winning the Irish Cup has meant my promotion to the Premier Division has been received less than emphatically by the board. I think they expect great things of me and my squad now.

Hopefully I will actually get some transfer money!

# Ask for a feeder/parent club

# Ask for training facilities upgrade

# Rebuild squad

# Stay Up!

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

happy & NepentheZ My top goalscorer in my first season in N.Ireland scored only 4 goals. I'm still not sure how I didn't get relegated.

Good luck.

Cheers Jimbo, my GK has 13 Free Kick rating, icon_smile.gif ... might get him on them, haven't decided yet, as it could cost me a lot of goals... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In almost 4 full seasons, I still haven't conceded a goal as a result of my GK being out of position due to him taking my free-kicks. It's been close 2 or 3 times but the ball just hasn't gone in.

We've just played Sogndal Fotball in a home league game. Before the game I see Eirik Bakke (the former Leeds Utd midfieder) is their manager. Anyway we start the game and they're playing a 4-2-4 formation from the start! icon_eek.gif

The game ends with a resounding 8-0 win to Randerberg. After the game I checked to see what formation he preferred to play and it was indeed 4-2-4. I know teams play attacking football, but a flat front four, seems abit extreme?

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In almost 4 full seasons, I still haven't conceded a goal as a result of my GK being out of position due to him taking my free-kicks. It's been close 2 or 3 times but the ball just hasn't gone in.

You would think I would know better by now icon_rolleyes.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Annihilator666 - Nortel - Season 18/19 - Northern Irish Premier Division

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Ben Kenney

Fans' Player of the Year - Ben Kenney

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Domestic Competitions:

Another clean sweep. 100% record in the Premier League for the first time.

Champions League:

I was drawn against Finnish team Tampere United in the first qualifying round. In the first leg, them seemed way better than they should have been and they came away with the win, 3-2. In the return leg, we turned it around, hammering them 5-1 to progress to the second qualifying round, where we were paired with FK Ventspils of Latvia. Wins of 2-0 and 4-3 saw us through to the next round. Thankfully, I got a relatively easy draw in the third qualifying round against FC Kobenhavn. After drawing 2-2 in the Danish capital, we won 1-0 in Belfast to progress to the Champions League group stages for the first time!

Our group consisted of ourselves, Juventus, Fenerbahce and Olympiakos. I wasn't really expecting much, and in the end we won once and got beaten in the other five to finish bottom of the group.

Champions League Table

All-Ireland Cup:

I still can't crack this competition. Beaten by Cork City in the Semi-Finals.

The Board, Finances, etc.

Because of our involvement in the Champions League this season, the finances are in great shape. The board agreed to expand the stadium - but only by 65 seats. icon_confused.gif

Gundo, info for your table:

6 Domestic Titles

Team Euro Coeff: 281st, 7.198

Nation Euro Coeff: 41st, 3.667

just a quickie to say that i've completed my first season with Caerloen, with a more than respectable 7th out of 18... Very pleased. full report to follow either tonight or tomorrow morning.

congrats on the promotion Gundo.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

OK, after a terrible time with Wellington Rec, I've started again.!!

Knockbreda FC - N.I Second Division

Expectations - Promotion

Manager Profile

The fact that the board expect promotion, shows that i should have a pretty decent squad already. I guess only time will tell huh.

I'll not give up on this one, and will really try hard with tactics etc..... Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Good to see Knockbreda back in the challenge! I look forward to seeing European football back at Upper Braniel Playing Fields in the near future!

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Here is my profile.

I'm back in wales lets hope nothing goes bad this time. I was 4th before the save went someWere.

same team as before.

welcome back to Wales!! good luck with the save this time...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table .2/01

(Nat) League Year Club Username Club & Nation Coeff. Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bel) Second 2008/09 Lyra TSV Kingrooney - - -

(Bel) Second 2009/10 Patro Eisden DS - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Molodechno spider90 - - -

(Bel) Third 2008/09 Meldert Storzy - - -

(Bel) Premier 2020/21 Meldert CoachFlu 157th 17.159 22nd 18.675 Domestic Title x3

(Blr) First 2011 Molodechno Reverand&Makers - - -

(Bul) West B 2008/09 Pirin LongView3 - - -

(Cro) First 2017/18 NK Slavonija iacovone 336th 5.251 23rd 15.383 Domestic Title x2

(Cro) Second 2008/09 NK Slavonija aaberdeenn - - -

(Cro) First 2009/10 NK Karlovac Konquest - - -

(Cro) Second 2008/09 NK Karlovac Playerbrooker - - -

(Cro) Second 2008/09 Cakovec CaptainStarbuster - - -

(Den) Premier 2010 Helsingør Alurny - - -

(Den) Second 2008 Fredrikshavn cletus - - -

(Den) Second 2008 Avarta blowcrapup - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 KajHa RockLobster - - -

(Fin) Premier 2013 Salon Palloilijat Coasterkoa - - -

(Gre) Second 2009/10 Panaitolikis Benjaminoo - - -

(Gre) Super 2010/11 Messiniakos yababo - - -

(Hün) Premier 2015/16 Békéscsaba Elöre Quacky 154th 16.223 26th 12.000 Domestic Title x4

(Hün) First 2008/09 Szeged mocko666 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leiftur argyle4ever - - -

(Ice) Premier 2024 Magni endtime - - Domestic Title x7

(Ice) First 2008 Reynir Ste93 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KF Fjarðabyggð westhamrob - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Hamar Bluenose_92 - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Reynir lucky326 - - -

(Ice) Premier 2013 Kari Jazza - - Domestic Title

(Ice) First 2008 Grotta cr4z3d - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Magni Jimbokav1971 - - -

(Isr) First 2008/09 Hapoel Ashkelon Dimony - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Newbuildings XaW - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers mikedavd - - -

(N.I) Premier 2019/20 Nortel Annihilator666 281st 7.198 41st 3.667 Domsetic Title x6

(N.I) Premier 2013/14 Sirocco Works Fire Bracelet - - -

(N.I) Premier 2025/26 Downpatrick Gilbster 134th 21.288 28th 13.000 Domestic Title x13

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers butts - - -

(N.I) First 2011/12 Mosside Jimbokav1971 - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Holywood dodged up - - -

(N.I) First 2011/12 Lisburn Rangers gaijin 472nd 0.384 46th 1.665 -

(N.I) Premier 2013/14 Mosside Truegunner - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Knockbreda FC Nepenthez - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Kilmore Rec happy slappy - - -

(Nor) Premier 2013 Randaberg IL Gundo - - -

(Nor) Premier 2013 Skjetten cookie15 - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Nest-Sotra IL Spurs1979 - - -

(Rom) Second 2008/09 Progresul Bucharest rlipscombe - - -

(Rus) Premier 2010 Amur johnnyquest409 - - -

(Rus) Premier 2013 Dinamo Stavropol José Pandinho - - -

(Ser) First 2009/10 FK Zeleznicar Clarence Seedorf - - -

(Ser) Premier 2010/11 FK Spartak Subotica Quacky - - -

(Slo) First 2016/17 NK Slovan emgergo - - -

(Slk) Second 2008/09 Puchov mocko666 - - -

(Slo) Second 2008/09 NK Tolmin spotg - - -

(Slk) First 2011/12 Puchov migwar - - Domestic Title

(Swe) First 2010 Kalmar AIK FK briott - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Eslöv MrDiCanio - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kaapo iseemonsters - - -

(Swe) Premier 2014 Krokom freek_teek - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Angby IF 3Sixty - - -

(Swe) First 2009 Pitea Joshisapoolie - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Martigny Sports konquest - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Zofingen StOnEhEaD - - -

(Swi) First 2009/10 UGS ghostwriter - - -

(Swe) Second 2008 Kalkmar Barca4ever - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Stal Rzeszow NeoAC - - -

(Pol) Second 2009/10 TKP Torun Supermas2 - - -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Keciörengücü Sazchu - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Arsenal Billa MoongooseMcQueen - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Olimpic Donetsk nathansxi - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Nyva Ternopil McNeil - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Taffs Well 3Sixty - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Pontypridd Spagbol - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Caerleon AFC rlipscombe - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Caerleon AFC Liam =D - - -

(Wal) Premier 2008/09 Ely ManU@oldtrafford - - - </pre>

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Here is my profile.

I'm back in wales lets hope nothing goes bad this time. I was 4th before the save went someWere.

same team as before.

welcome back to Wales!! good luck with the save this time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it has just crashed icon_frown.gif what is wrong

so I've started with Caerloen here my profile Here

Randaberg IL - 2012 Norwegian Adeccoligaen End Of Season Report

I'm going to keep this quite brief as it's just taken me forever and a day to get the challenge table update up above. icon_frown.gif

Ok, so as you may have gathered we have achieved promotion to the Tippeligaen (Norwegian Premier), which is in keeping with my 5 year plan to get us their. icon_smile.gif After spending 3 seasons in the 1.divisjon we managed to break the Professional clubs 'stronghold' on the divisjon at the 3 attempt. Sparta Sarpsborg, Aalesund and Fedrikstad where our main rivals, all of whom where very strong teams. Our record against these clubs during the season was like this: won 2, draw 3 and we lost our final game of the campaign 4-1 against Aalesund.

As you can see from the league table below we only managed to lose 4 times all season in the league. The strength of Aalesund was somewhat dampened by them getting to the final of the Norwegian Cup, which in turn meant they where not as fresh as they could of been for there league games, Advantage to the other teams. icon_biggrin.gif

1.divisjon table.

I have no idea what next season will be like? But who cares as long as we can survive. icon_wink.gif

The lads I would like to thank:

Per Cristian Myhre - My favorite player at the club and the lad had a great season with many assists to his name. The only disappointment and major shock was that he failed to find the net all year! icon_eek.gif

Rogvi Baldvinson - Or The Chief as I like to call him. This Faroe Islands international had a excellent season playing along side his strike partner Ringstad up top. icon14.gif

Stian Ringstad - Not many words needed here, this might sum him up > Better than Burda ever was! icon_eek.gif ! High praise indeed. icon_smile.gificon14.gif

The Randaberg Adventure So Far...

2012 1.divisjon 2nd Promoted.

2011 1.divisjon 5th

2010 1.divisjon 12th

2009 2.divisjon Avd.3 2nd Promoted.

2008 2.divisjon Avd.3 7th

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

Here is my profile.

same team as before.

welcome back to Wales!! good luck with the save this time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it has just crashed icon_frown.gif what is wrong

so I've started with Caerloen here my profile Here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another onto the 'Caerleon bandwagon...' welcome aboard!! icon_biggrin.gif i've set the marker at 7th for season 1 - full update to follow.

Kilmore Rec. N.Ireland Second Division. 2008/2009.

Well..........

Table.

Started okay, but then we hit a purple patch with all the cups we were competing in, and my aquad just could not handle the pressure.

But, sure enough we went out of all the cups and with the last seven games of the season our form picked up especially with the acquisition of a few youngsters.

Just hope that next season we can carry on with this form and clinch promotion.

Mosside. N.Ireland. 1st Division. End of 2011/12. season.

League Table.

League Graph.

Squad stats.

GK stats.

Finances.

Info.

Overall best eleven.

League, (1stDivision). 2nd. Runners Up. P22 W12 D4 L6 F37 A21 GD+16 PTS40.

We did well to finish 2nd and I thought promotion was in the bag via the playoffs after we drew the away leg 0-0. It was always going to be a tight affair as we had no strikers available who had ever scored for anyone, ever, but I didn't expect such a late turn of events, and certainly not in that manner.

Intermediate League Cup. We qualified top of the group, (unbeaten), but lost in the Qtr Finals, (Carrick).

Antrim Trophy. Lost in 4th Round to "grey" team. (Dunmurry Rec).

Intermediate Cup. Lost in the 2nd Round, (pens). (PSNI).

Irish Cup. Got all the way to the semi-finals before we came up against a "grey" team, (Newcastle NIR), who hag players good enough to grace the Premiership. We lost 4-1 but thankfully so did they in the final.

Summary. I was a bit gutted about not being promoted, but with no strikers who had ever scored before we were always going to struggle. All the same, an injury time own goal was a little heart-breaking. More heart-breaking than that though was the complete capitulation against a "grey" team in the Semi Finals of the N.Irish Cup. I honestly can't tell you how annoyed I was at this. Still, it's only a suck ass Cup anyway and it's not as if winning it would have increased our reputation and granted us access into the riched laden All Ireland Cup next season is it. Oh wait, it would and it wouldbangHead.gif!) Anyway, my fat GK scored another 10 goals bringing his career tally to a magnificent 31 goals so that helps ease my pain.

My player of the year. I can't look past my young fat GK again I'm afraid. 10 goals, 4 assists, 6 MOM awards, and not forgetting 13 clean sheets make him the obvious choice.

Supporters player of the year. 20 year old balanced left midfielder who led the club scoring charts with 13 goals and is also the club record league goalscorer with 24 goals.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

unlucky happy slappy... so near yet so far. with a couple more wins next season i reckon you'll be clinching promotion...

It doesn't get any better, I've had to release half the squad because they are so carp.

But hey!

With a few additions here and there, I'm confident that we can get that promotion.

Happy New Year everybody, may 2008 bring trophies and promotions aplenty!

Gundo - could you retell the story of Patrick Burda for those that weren't here last year? It's all a mystery to me at the moment.

Should wrap up my tenth season tonight icon14.gif

Having chosen to play in Norway i was given a selection of clubs, two that stood out were: Randaberg and Skjetten Football. Randaberg were the better club so i chose them. Below are my transfers in the first season.

Morten Granum ~ Manglerud Star ~ 1K

Trond Haugstad ~ Mangleraud Star ~ 3K

Aleksandr Amarasingham ~ Nardo ~ £0

Veiga ~ Tamworth ~ £10K

Magnus Iversen ~ £30K

Stig Goran Brenne ~ Ull/Kisa ~ Free

Ole Talberg ~ Skarp ~ Free

Bjorn Erik Taksdal ~ Klepp ~ £10K

Thomas Amile ~ Groruddalen ~ Free

Filip Hovland ~ Gjovik-Lyn ~ £20K

Serdar Kalayci ~ Viking ~ Loan (2 Months)

Oddbjorn Sivertsen ~ Algard ~ Free

Daniel Ramberg ~ Korsvoll ~ Free

Morten Kolseth ~ Byasen ~ £2K

Even Schia ~ Korsvoll ~ Free

Andres Hustad ~ Ranheim ~ Free

Erik Berthelsen ~ Mjolner ~ Free

Patrik Bernvid ~ Lindome ~ £0

Phew, oh and my transfer out:

NONE

My friendlies weren't that great but what do you expect when you're given first division teams to play against except two games against Second Division Group teams.

Randaberg 3-2 Spjelkavik

Randaberg 0-1 Raufos

Randaberg 0-4 Sanderfjord

Randaberg 0-7 Viking (Parent Club)

Randaberg 1-5 Molde

Randaberg 1-1 Trelleborg

5 goals scored and 20 against. So half-way through the season and this is the table in the Second Division group 3.

Pos Team Pl W D L GS GC GD PTS

1st Lov-Ham - 13 11 1 1 19 3 +16 34

2nd Randaberg - 13 8 3 1 21 12 +9 27

3rd MK - 12 8 2 2 17 6 +11 26

Archived