Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Bulle - Super League 2016/17

Transfers were quiet enough during the Summer, but come the Winter break my star DC and DL were unsettled by my title rivals, Zurich and Basel. With both players unhappy at me rejecting initial bids I decided to maintain harmony I had to let them go. At the same time my 2 star ST's were being bid on by large German teams. Emil Sipos eventually leaving for Hannover for 2.4m and Marko Mesic leaves on a Bosman to Leverkusen at the end of the season.

As replacements I decided to splash the cash a bit. Dario da Silva Santos was brought in for 700k to shore up the defence and Thomas Holand was the replacement up front for 600k.

Come the end of the season however Mitko Savevski looked like my best signing as he won the Swiss Young Player of the Year.

European Adventure

Our first foray into Europe began in Georgia against Dinamo Tbilisi. We were tipped to win and duly dispatched them with a 4-1 win in Georgia and a 3-0 win at home.

Onto the second qualifying round and we faced Levadia of Estonia. It was pretty much over after a comfortable

3-0 win at home and just to be certain we hammered them 4-0 in Estonia.

One kind draw and we could be in the group stages but we got very tough draw against Man Utd. I expected the worst, but a

1-3 loss in Manchester and a close 2-3 loss at home meant although we went out 3-6 on aggregate we had performed well.

Onto the UEFA Cup first round and we again got a tough draw, this time against Dinamo Moscow. Pre-match odds suggested we were in trouble. A 4-3 win in the first leg meant we'd probably need to score in the second leg. With odds stacked against us we had our best performance of the season, hammering them 3-0 in Moscow to go through to the group stage 7-3 on aggregate.

In the Group Stage we were drawn against Tottenham, which we lost 1-2, Braga who inflicted another

1-2 defeat, Athletic who we managed a good 2-2 draw against and finally Reggina who we beat 4-0 although by then we were out of contention for qualification anyway. We finished in 4th which was a decent result in our first European season.

European Co-efficients

FC Bulle - 13.199 (190th up from 340th)

Switzerland - 16.083 (24th up from 25th)

Switzerland

Domestically we were never threatened. We led from the second game of the season and wrapped up the title with 2 games to play. Defeat in those meant the final table was closer than I'd like but it was a good dominant performance.

Finances are very healthy thanks to our European home games being played at Lausannes 15770 capacity stadium while ours was fitted as an all-seater. Unfortunately the council blocked plans to improve further so we're stuck in our 5150 capacity stadium next season icon_frown.gif

The seasons best 11 shows how the goals of Sipos and Mesic will be missed. No change in the Overall best eleven as the team is evolving quickly and players aren't hanging around very long.

One piece of good news was I'm now a manager of Continental Reputation.

FC Bulle Trophy Room

Swiss Champions 2015/16, 2016/17

Razer82 – Clough Rangers – 2014 / 2015 – Northern Irish Premier Division

League – 1st Champions!

Champions League – 1st Qualifying Round – Lost 5-4 on agg to Rabotnicki (Macedonia)

Northern Irish Cup – Winners! Defeated Ballymena United 3-0

League Cup – Winners! Defeated Distillery 3-0

Antrim Cup – Winners! Defeated Linfield 4-1

All Ireland Cup – Finished 3rd in Group A.

Manager Profile

Team Stats

Transfer Summary

Top Scorer

This season’s European adventure was much shorter lived than last years as we lost 4-1 away to make the task of getting to the second qualifying round next to impossible. A brave 3-1 home victory got us close but we just weren’t able to get that extra goal to take the tie to extra time. Oh well, fingers crossed for a good run next season.

The early exit from Europe meant that we were able to concentrate more on this season’s league cup and we qualified top of our group winning 4 of 6 games. This set up a quarter final with Institute which went to extra time before we were able to see them off 5-3. A nervy 2-0 victory over Ballymena saw us through to our third consecutive final to face Distillery, who were easily beaten 3-0 for us to retain the League Cup.

We again managed to make the final of the Antrim Cup, defeating Distillery, Cliftonville and Ballymena United to set up a meeting with Linfield for the trophy. Linfield were easily dispatched 4-1 for our second trophy of the campaign.

This season’s league was by far the easiest of our 4 years in the Premier League and we had the title wrapped on match day 21 after securing our 21st victory of the season. Up until this point we had conceded just 5 goals and I’d be looking to keep the number as low as possible for the rest of the season. We were able to keep the number of goals down and by the end of the year our GKs had only been beaten on 12 occasions, although 3 of those did come in one match against Institute that we went on to win 4-3. A late winning goal against Newry gave us our 30th win of the season meaning a PERFECT record in the league – 30 wins from 30. This season we managed to have the top two players in both the Player of the Year and the Top Scorer.

The Northern Irish cup started in the 5th round with a record 7-0 victory over Lurgan Celtic, then victories over Larne and Distillery set up a semi final against the old nemesis that is Gelntoran. A tight contest sees us win 1-0 to set up a 2nd consecutive final against Ballymena United. We lifted the trophy for the 3rd year in a row with a comfortable 3-0 victory.

For the third season in a row we were pitted against Drogheda United and Shamrock Rovers in the All Ireland cup group stages, although this year we were joined by Distillery. Again we failed to progress out of the group after 2 defeats to Drogheda and one to Shamrock we needed to beat Distillery in the final game and hope that Drogheda put about 10 goals past Shamrock. Neither happened, so we just took the prize money and went home for another year.

The biggest signing this season was that of new GK, Jason Whittle coming in from Ards for a club record £55k, it was down to him that this season was such a defensive success. On average we conceded less that a goal a game.

At the other end of the pitch Blackwell (57 Goals) & Williams (37 Goals). But as always Downing (11 Goals) was there to pick up the slack when someone went down with an injury. Thomas (12 Goals & 15 Assists) & Martin (8 Goals & 15 Assists) again controlled the midfield this year with McGrath, Green and Welch on the wings.

As always, it seems that my aims for next season will be to make progress in the All Ireland Cup and European competition. This should be made a whole lot easier now that we are a Professional club.

The board also announced that we’ll be moving to the new 6130 capacity Young Arena in 2017.

Gundo – For your table – 4 Domestic Titles

Coefficients

Club – 0.439 – 495th (Down 5 Places)

Country – 1.333 – 44th (Up 8 Places)

Chmel Blsany, Czech First Division, 2015-16 Season

Pre-Season

This was a season where the pressure would be on for the first time in a few years as my contract was up in June and it was the final year of the club's timescale to be a challenger for the title. The usual story in the summer: interest in my key players and up and coming youngsters was high and causing a few problems. Inevitably, Czech wonder kid Jaroslav Barta was the first to go as the chairman went over my head to accept a bid. I wasn't too annoyed though as he hadn't exactly become established in the first team yet and the money (3.4mil up front, 2.5mil after 20 games and 40% of future sale) was good. The other departure was player of the year, Romain Morais went to partizan for 500k + 30%. That left me without my first two choices for the AMC position but I was confident one of my squad players could step up. Not much activity on the 'Players In' front, just a 17 year-old MC from Sparta Prague but (hopefully) I can tell you about him after another 2 or 3 seasons. icon_wink.gif

UEFA Cup

Our 4th season in a row in Europe and we got to start with a nice late summer trip to Malta to face Valleta. We came away with a 5-0 win and repeated that scoreline in the home leg to advance 10-0 on aggregate. NK Gorica of Slovenia were up next: 2-0 at home and 2-1 away saw us comfortably through to the first round proper. We were paired with Beitar Jerusalem and were confident of progressing to the group stage. We were brought back to earth though as we went down 2-1 at home. We fought hard in the second match but we couldn't break our opponents down and went out in the first round for the second year in a row.

Czech FA Cup

An unlucky year for us this time as we went out in the quarter finals. The usual non-league sides provided little opposition in the early rounds and a 3-0 win over Jihlava ensured we would still be in the competition following the winter break. Our opponents there were Jablonec and a hard-fought game went all the way to penalties. We lost, meaning we were eliminated from the cup without conceding a single goal!

Czech First Division

It was another tight start to the season as the top 6 were only seperated by a few points up to the winter break. It was so close that a draw or defeat would see us drop 3 or 4 places and a win the following week would see us back on top. It seemed the team was unable to get a strong run going to pull away from the other teams with too many games drawn especially after we had taken the lead. We went into the winter break top by 2 points with Sparta Brague and Mlada Boleslav our closest challengers.

The winter break was tough as I tried desperately to hold my team together. In the end, 4 of my first teamers were to end up leaving the club and 2 more were unhappy at my refusal to let them go. First to leave was Andreas Nilsson , a Swede I picked up on a free three years ago who was just beginning to fufill his potential. again the chairman accepted the bid but it was ridiculously high (5mil up front, 3.5mil over the next 24 months and 40% sell-on!) and I had other options up front so I didn't mind too much. Adam Ljajic, a superb Serbian left midfielder was next, joining Partizan for 1mil + cluases. Again, I had another Serbian waiting in the wings for his first team chance so no problem. The big problem was that both my left backs were sold. I accepted a 1mil + clauses bid for Petrovic, another Serbian who headed back home. I accepted because I had a Czech wonderkid, Radomir Rezek ready to take over but the chairman stepped in once more, selling him to Sparta Prague for 2.5mil. It was incredibly frustrating but that's the 'challenge' part of this thread I suppose - jut when your team is coming together and your youth are developing, you are forced to sell. I only managed to bring in one Costa Rican right back, Sequeria, who my scouts had spotted at the U-20 World Cup in the summer but he wasn't ready for first team football yet...

As the season resumed, I was playing Celebic, a right back who had been used as a squad player for the last 2 years, on the left (his positional rating was 'competent'), no cover for left midfield and one out of form striker (Dabic) and one largely untested striker, Panagiotou (a Cypriot who I'll tell you about later icon_wink.gif). I guess getting rid of the unhappy players in the team had a positive affect on morale as we won our first game back 6-0. I had major worries after the game though as Celebic suffered an injury which would keep hime out for 2 months. I then had to play Ian Brown (still love that name icon_smile.gif) at left back and the above mentioned Sequeira at right back, praying for no more injuries. I got more injuries in midfield meaning my subs bench was filled with players from the U-18 team. All the money generated by transfers (12mil this season icon_eek.gif) sat in the bank as no 'big' players would sign for me (ones from abroad don't want to come obviously and the stars at other Czech clubs always end up moving to other European leagues), only youngsters. The players I had available performed well though and we stayed top until the last week of the season, suffering only one loss to title rivals Sparta Prague. We were 2 points ahead with 2 games to go and we got a big favour as Sparta Prague played before us and only manged a 1-1 draw with relegation threatened Banik Ostrava. That meant a 1-0 win at Jablonec secured a historic first title!!! icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif Victory in our final game plus a defeat for Sparta Prague left us 6 points clear in the end.

Final Table

Our first title meant I personally got rewarded with a new 4 year contract and was also named manager of the year. Winning the league, coupled with my earlier cup win, was enough to earn me a place in the hall of fame too. icon_cool.gif I was also praised by former favourite Petr Cech, which was interesting considering he appeared in my news box throughout the season criticisng my selection of youngsters in the first team.

A big factor in us winning the title was Panagiotou. The Cypriot spent most of the first part of the season on rotation but became an ever-present after Nilsson left the club. he finished the season with 17 goals, enough to be chosen as the Czech League Best Foreigner. He was also the fans player of the year.

Season Best XI - good to see lots of average ratings of 7.00+. Aside from Panagiotou, Moravcik and Aliev were vital in the centre of defence. Olsen was key in the AMC position too but at 31, a replacement is needed soon.

Overall Best XI - no major changes here, just Aliev moving into the 'team'.

For the season ahead, the board are NOT expandig the stadium for the first time in many years (the capacity is now 17,000 - a long way from the dyas when I started with 2,500!). Instead, they took the wise decision to clear the majority of the clubs debts, reucing them from 8 million to 3 million. We still have 6 million in the bank and a transfer budget of 5million icon14.gif (not that I'll be able to find players worth that much willing to join icon13.gif).

Bring on the Champions League!!!

For your table Gundo:

Domestic Titles: One icon_biggrin.gif

Club Coefficient: 17.527 (148th)

Nation Coefficient: 19.792 (18th)

Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

Could I see a screenie of Onderka please he sounds good

I'll upload one tonight for you - he's only been at Strasbourg a couple of months so he won't have changed much. His stats weren't THAT much better than some other strikers in the league, so I assume he must have had an astonishing CA - certainly he scored way many more free kicks (mostly deflected off the wall interestingly) than his FK stat of 10 would have suggested.

Guest roberto922

Hi i think I'll start this, I started in Russia but I can't get a job with any of the promoted teams using the Automatic rep, am I allowed to change or do I have to holiday through to next season and start a new profile?

Originally posted by spotg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikelLUFC:

Could I see a screenie of Onderka please he sounds good

I'll upload one tonight for you - he's only been at Strasbourg a couple of months so he won't have changed much. His stats weren't THAT much better than some other strikers in the league, so I assume he must have had an astonishing CA - certainly he scored way many more free kicks (mostly deflected off the wall interestingly) than his FK stat of 10 would have suggested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The man himself. Being criminally underused in France.

That is exactly the prototype of striker I love to buy (and get great success with). Fast, good finishing, heading and composure. He even has my favourite secondary stats like determination, technique and first touch. He would be in any of my teams as a great player icon_biggrin.gif

I've been getting unbelievably bored with FM lately, and I was recommended this challenge. So I've decided to give it a go. I've opted for Serbia, after a fun Master League campaign with Red Star on PES.

The team I've picked is Radnicki (K), since it was the first team I came to that had just been promoted. Informed the board I would avoid relegation, but having a look at the squad, there are quite a number of decent players in there so promotion doesn't seem an impossibility.

My manager screen: here.

And the team information screen: here

So, having enjoyed this challenge with an icelandic team in 07, I'm back again, this time as J.R. at the helm of the mighty Dinamo Barnaul of the Russian First division (incidentally one of the clubs actually promoted)

Dinamo Barnaul hail from the town of Barnaul (surprise surprise) on the Ob river. Apparently it is also a Siberian scientific center and one hell of a plane trip away from any other likely European participants.

The club has seen former Russian greats such as:

Gennadi Gusarov - 11 caps, 4 goals for the USSR. Participated in the 1958 and '62 world cups as well being runners up to *dum dum dum* Spain in the 1964 European Nations' Cup.

Alexey Smertin - 55 caps, 0 goals for Russia. Currently plays for Fulham in the English Premier League. Former Russian captain.

Thanks Wikipedia.

Anyways now to the purges!

Originally posted by real_betis:

I've been getting unbelievably bored with FM lately, and I was recommended this challenge. So I've decided to give it a go. I've opted for Serbia, after a fun Master League campaign with Red Star on PES.

The team I've picked is Radnicki (K), since it was the first team I came to that had just been promoted. Informed the board I would avoid relegation, but having a look at the squad, there are quite a number of decent players in there so promotion doesn't seem an impossibility.

Heh. I think I have Radnicki (K) as a feeder club in my Sencur game, so I'll be cheering you on (if not sending you my prodigies on loan).

Tonight will see a fairly interesting update from Slovenia. Will I manage to replace Onderka? Can I catch Maribor? Is that European breakthrough on the horizon?

Originally posted by real_betis:

Good luck in Serbia. i had a save there on this challenge. my tips would be to try and gain promotion first season, and loads of teams go up 1st year, due to league re-structuring. try and get a big parent club, and raid them for youngsters. i had a link with Red Star, and came in very useful.

good luck icon14.gif

Well have started afresh again with Haukar.

1st season

Icelandic Second Division - 1st

Lower League Cup - Winners

Icelandic FA Cup - Quater Final

2nd season

Icelandic Premier - 2nd

Upper League Cup - Winners

3rd Season

Icelandic Premier - Winners

Upper League Cup - Semi Final

UEFA Cup - 1st round proper beat Fenercvcos and Lierse defeted by Benfica

Had a major problem in the Icelandic Cup. Will post some screen shots later.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by real_betis:

Good luck in Serbia. i had a save there on this challenge. my tips would be to try and gain promotion first season, and loads of teams go up 1st year, due to league re-structuring. try and get a big parent club, and raid them for youngsters. i had a link with Red Star, and came in very useful.

good luck icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, I asked for a parent club, but got OFK Beograd, which isn't too bad I guess but I was hoping for Partizan or Red Star. However, despite the fact I have no affiliation with Partizan, they seem to be offering me quite a few decent youngsters on loan, which is handy.

Sencur End Of Season Review 2014/15 - Slovenian First Division

Media Prediction: 3rd

Board Demands: Europe

I promise: Europe

Players Interested: 1885 (up from 1682 the previous season)

UEFA cup draw is against some nobodies from Belarus, which should pose no problems at all. A new contract is offered for two years, and training facilities are to be upgraded again. Also, another 500 seats are being added to take capacity over 2500. All good stuff.

Less good is the fact that FIVE of my first team from last season (excluding the already departed Onderka) have contracts due to expire at the end of the season, and are currently uninterested in renewing. I don't need cash nearly so much now, so I'm not going to cash in straight away, but it's a proper concern...

Obviously can't find anyone nearly as good as Onderka, but we strengthen a little, and dispatch Gomel with ease, whilst starting with a draw at Koper and a heaterning win at home to Maribor, who have lost players and don't look to be nearly as strong.

We get Stabaek of Norway in the 2Q round. They're all grey and should be beatable. And indeed are, as a 3-0 win in Norway shows. Or perhaps not, as a 4-1 home defeat sends us out. Disgusting. I'm utterly speechless.

Seven games in, and we are top. Four points clear. Having conceded only two goals. Which is lovely. I've lost one of the five first teamers, as Maribor offer 250k and a decent sell-on clause. The other four will probably go in November unless they agree to sign up before then. icon_frown.gif

That lead stretches to ten points after 12 games. There's no-one else in this league to touch us at present, but I still need to decide what to do. Keep the four players who will leave in the summer, or cash in and jeopardise our progress. I have a replacement midfielder coming in January. Perhaps if I can find two more and a defender, I can let them go.

Cup quarter final day coincides with an international matchday. Ten of my first team squad are available, and that is it. Home to Koper, and they are surely going to win it. But somehow it goes to penalties, and despite only one player with double figures in penaly taking being on the pitch, we go through. Incredible. Ah. There's the karma. One of my "band of four" is out for six months. I can't sell him. Or play him. And he'll probably leave on a free. I'm now rather short on midfielders too.

I agree to sell two of the four for 750k plus clauses - one, the Bolivian, goes to Botafogo despite his broken leg. And for the money, we get in a major midfielder from rivals Rudar (V) and our former captain agrees to return from Maribor for 275k. Of which we will receive 40%. \o/

Winter break comes around, and we have 55 points from 21 games. We are 16 (SIXTEEN) points clear of Rudar. And another of the four agrees to go to Gorica for 500k + 40% of future fee. We've now made > 1m from these sales, and have decent replacements for all but one of the four. Who hasn't yet left. Our training facilities are now Adequate. Hoorah!

And double hoorah! A sell-on clause pays off to the tune of 1.7m as a former defender moves from Zurich to Kobenhavn. We have 4m in the bank. We have a 1.7m transfer budget. Just no-one good to spend it on (sound familiar to anybody?)

24 games gone, 24 points clear at the top. icon_biggrin.gif I think I'll be getting my first crack at the Champions League next season...

The title is secured on April 4th, with 8 games remaining. Our record at this point is 23-5-0 For 64 Ag 12. A good season! The win takes me to 7th in the Slovenian hall of fame (not much success around here then!), and we can now scout all of Europe!

Erm. We go out of the cup in the semi to Interblock. 2-2 over the two legs. Two draws. They go through on away goals. That's a little annoying.

We seem to ease up some once the title is secured, but the Interblock aberrations aside, we keep winning. To the point where we end up winning the league by 30 (THIRTY!) points. With a 29-7-0 For 80 Ag 19 record. 94 points.

So, to the question of whether I replaced Onderka. Well, I guess you should see for yourselves. Kijanskas. He did okay, but hardly stellar. It was enough to win the First Division player of the season though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slovenian First Division 1st

Slovenian Cup - Semi Final

End Of Season Awards

Danilo Spotgic

Best Eleven

Transfers

Hopes for next season - Same again in the league. Champions League group stages.

2008-09 Slovenian Second Division 2nd (play-off loss)

2009-10 Slovenian Second Division CHAMPIONS!

2010-11 Slovenain First Division 9th (play-off loss)

2011-12 Slovenian Second Division CHAMPIONS!

2012-13 Slovenian First Division 6th

2013-14 Slovenian First Division 2nd

2014-15 Slovenian First Division CHAMPIONS!

Sencur Honours Board

Slovenian Division Two

2010, 2012

Slovenian Cup

Slovenian Division One

European Co-efficients

Club - 7.774 (260th) +4

Nation - 17.500 (20th - 1-3-1) +3

Domestic Titles

One!

Mendrisio-Stabio 2018/19 µEurope Update

Its been a while since I played much FM after I overdid it a little earlier but I've got through to winter break again so time for a quick update.

Champions League 3rd Qualifying

Mendrisio-Stabio 3-0 Marítimo

Marítimo 2-3 Mendrisio-Stabio

I played this game a long time ago so I don't remember much but it was nice to not have to play so many earlier rounds and we pretty comfortably beat the Portuguese which set up the hardest group I've ever seen despite me being 3rd seed rather than 4th.

Champions League Group H

Mendrisio-Stabio 2-1 Espanyol

Lazio 2-2 Mendrisio-Stabio

Mendrisio-Stabio 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais

Olympique Lyonnais 3-3 Mendrisio-Stabio

Espanyol 2-1 Mendrisio-Stabio

Mendrisio-Stabio 4-2 Lazio

You know its going to be a struggle with such big nations especially with Lyon in the mix. We should have beat them in France with a Luka Papez hat trick within 10 minutes but then the Lyon plan became clear with them injuring my star striker befor half time and his replacement 10 minutes later followed by 3 second half goals for the draw. A really annoying defeat against Espanyol left me last place in the group but it was so tight a win would send me through. It was quite epic 1-1 against Lazio at half time, I push everyone forward and grab a 72nd minute goal, revert to normal formation and concede in 77th, back to full on attack, goal in 82nd and 89th minute to send us through on goal difference icon_biggrin.gif. Group H (I cut up the image a bit to show all the matches on 1 screen).

Originally posted by Quacky:

Mendrisio-Stabio 2018/19 µEurope Update

Its been a while since I played much FM after I overdid it a little earlier but I've got through to winter break again so time for a quick update.

Champions League 3rd Qualifying

Mendrisio-Stabio 3-0 Marítimo

Marítimo 2-3 Mendrisio-Stabio

I played this game a long time ago so I don't remember much but it was nice to not have to play so many earlier rounds and we pretty comfortably beat the Portuguese which set up the hardest group I've ever seen despite me being 3rd seed rather than 4th.

Champions League Group H

Mendrisio-Stabio 2-1 Espanyol

Lazio 2-2 Mendrisio-Stabio

Mendrisio-Stabio 1-2 Olympique Lyonnais

Olympique Lyonnais 3-3 Mendrisio-Stabio

Espanyol 2-1 Mendrisio-Stabio

Mendrisio-Stabio 4-2 Lazio

You know its going to be a struggle with such big nations especially with Lyon in the mix. We should have beat them in France with a Luka Papez hat trick within 10 minutes but then the Lyon plan became clear with them injuring my star striker befor half time and his replacement 10 minutes later followed by 3 second half goals for the draw. A really annoying defeat against Espanyol left me last place in the group but it was so tight a win would send me through. It was quite epic 1-1 against Lazio at half time, I push everyone forward and grab a 72nd minute goal, revert to normal formation and concede in 77th, back to full on attack, goal in 82nd and 89th minute to send us through on goal difference icon_biggrin.gif. Group H (I cut up the image a bit to show all the matches on 1 screen).

Hah, eassssssy group icon_razz.gif

Just teasing, well done on getting through it but if you want to see a really tough group I'll be updating tonight with details of an even tougher group. No fairytale ending for me though, we got slaughtered.

Originally posted by Thundakowski:

Has anybody played this in the Ukraine yet? I think I might give it a go.

SunDevil, just started a game in Ukraine, about 10 posts up.

Nice daemonic, I think the thing that really annoyed me was that for the first few seasons I was 4th seed and there would be an easy team like Greek or Russian in 3rd seed. This time I was 3rd seed and my 4th seed is a spanish side.

Randaberg IL - Norwegian Tippeligaen 2015 (Season 8) End of season report

Tippeligaen - Sixth.

Norwegian Cup - 4th Round.

I have slowly been plugging away at my Randaberg save game for the last month, mainly because I haven't had the time to hammer it due to me moving house. Anyway I have really enjoyed being back in the Randaberg hotseat, despite the lack of success and have been made to feel really welcome by my two favorite players (more on them later).

So after a good season just gone, narrowly losing the title to Rosenborg in our first season in the top flight, things felt good as we kicked off the new campaign with more or less the same squad. To be honest there is not a great deal to talk about and was largely a season to forget. I got the usually players wanting out, not my boys Ringstad & Myhre though, they're perfectly happy at the Randaberg Stadion for now. The league finished with us in such a slump of form it was so depressing, we couldn't buy a win as the season closed. The cup saw us crash and burn against First divisjon Tromsø rather disappointingly. And our first venture into Europe and the Uefa Cup ended with us just 35 seconds away from going through to the next round, that was before Israel's Maccabi Netanya scored and dumped us out. icon_frown.gif

Player wise there was few worth a mention, so I'll just name two:

Stian Ringstad - Had a good solid season and again was the clubs top scorer, despite various spells of ill form. Showing awesome loyalty too! icon_smile.gif

Per Cristian Myhre - My favorite player of all time on FM/CM. He is just a cracking little player. I think the thing that I like the most is that despite not possessing overly impressive attributes, he still manages to punch above his weight. Had a fairly quite season by his high standard though, I'll be looking for more from him in the 2016 season. icon14.gif

Will have to add a few new faces though after two or three high profile departures including; Steenslid(capt), Morton Hæsted(less famous than his brother Kristoffer Hæsted icon_biggrin.gif ) and Erik Husselklepp. My Norwegian players only policy is making my challenge a little more difficult aswel, in fact I've only had 2 non-Norwegians players play in competive games for us (one was from Iceland and the other Danish) neither are still with the club.

The adventure so far...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Year Pos. League Acheivement

2015 6th Tippeligaen -

2014 2nd Tippeligaen -

2013 1st Adeccoligaen - Champions!

2012 3rd Adeccoligaen - Play-off defeat.

2011 3rd Adeccoligaen - Play-off defeat.

2010 5th Adeccoligaen -

2009 1st 2.divisjon - Champions!

2008 3rd 2.divisjon -</pre>

Mendrisio-Stabio 2018/19 Final Update

We got knocked out of the cup by St. Gallen and comfortably won the league again to make it 5 in a row. Enough of boring domestic stuff onto the real update.

Champions League 1st Knockout

Mendrisio-Stabio 1-0 Ajax

Ajax 1-1 Mendrisio-Stabio

Playing a dutch side seemed like fair reward for the evil group I had, it was a tight match with few chances but we got through in the end.

Champions League Quarter Final

Valencia 2-2 Mendrisio-Stabio

Mendrisio-Stabio 4-2 Valencia

Totally different game to Ajax with shots flying everywhere, I praise the weather for giving me a snowy pitch in Spain, I think that made the difference (along with Luka Papez's 5 goals).

Champions League Semi Final

Mendrisio-Stabio 0-1 Milan

Milan 0-5 Mendrisio-Stabio

Connoisseurs of my updates might not be so surprised by this result, I've done it before over Milan 4-0. After a tense affair at home I went out with the same all guns blazing tactics and Luka Papez (I love him) blasted home 4 before they knew what hit them at which point I changed back the tactics again before I got eaten in the second half as happened in group stages against Lyon where I went 3-0 up before drawing 3-3.

Champions League Final

Mendrisio-Stabio 1-1(3-1p) Arsenal

Another tight match, they went ahead through a corner and so I changed things up puttin Sifis "The Almighty" Pavlidis on instead of Luka Papez and throwing everyone forward. Living up to his name he scored the equalising goal. I came close to winning it in extra time but with still 1 sub remaining in 119th minute I took off Patrick Bantamoi for Heikki Grönholm his young understudy who actually might be better overall but has exceptional reflexes. The match went to penalties and we were victorious, the first Arsenal miss flying clean over the bar and the next two brilliantly saved by Grönholm. Two inspired substitutions in one match and we win the cup icon_biggrin.gif

Domestic

2008/09 Challenge League 5th

2009/10 Challenge League 5th

2010/11 Challenge League 2nd

2011/12 Challenge League 1st

2012/13 Super League 4th

2013/14 Super League 2nd

2014/15 Super League 1st

2015/16 Super League 1st

2016/17 Super League 1st + Swiss Cup

2017/18 Super League 1st + Swiss Cup

2018/19 Super League 1st

Europe

2013/14 Intertoto 2nd Round vs Groningen

2014/15 UEFA Cup 1st Round vs Racing

2015/16 Champions League Group stage 3rd - UEFA Cup 2nd Knockout vs Benfica

2016/17 Champions League 1st Knockout vs Milan

2017/18 Champions League 1st Knockout vs Porto

2018/19 Champions League Winners vs Arsenal

Coefficients

Mendrisio-Stabio; 29th(+36), 68.058 Switzerland; 15th(+0), 23.542

I don't know if I will continue on this save after the win, we have some exciting players coming through the youth side but equally I doubt I can keep some of the stars to do it again. I might start up in a different country or something.

FC Bulle - Swiss Super League 2017/18

Another season of ins and outs as bigger teams unsettled my good players and I cashed in rather than have them moaning and upsetting morale. Best signing of the season turned out to be Jose Silva who was signed as a prospect but forced his way into the team due to some lethal finishing. He has quiet games but when it comes good he can win a game on his own. He finished the season as the Fans Player of the Year.

European Update

Second season in the Champions League and we got to bypass the first qualifying round. Second qualifying matched us with Domzale of Slovenia who we dispatched 2 - 1 at home and 3 - 1 in the away leg.

Next up was Dinamo Kiev. A good 1 - 1 draw away and a 3 - 1 home win meant we were into the group stage for the first time.

When the draw was made one group had appeared after the first 3 seeds had been drawn that I really wanted to avoid. No one would want to face Barcelona, Arsenal and Lazio, but that was our group icon_frown.gif

I didn't expect much and got exactly that.

Lazio 1 - 0 FC Bulle

FC Bulle 1 - 3 Barcelona

Arsenal 2 - 0 FC Bulle

FC Bulle 1 - 1 Arsenal

FC Bulle 0 - 1 Lazio

Barcelona 5 - 1 FC Bulle

5 defeats and a draw meant we finished rock bottom although only Barcelona really embarassed us. Still, the 3m prize money and 2m TV money was nice.

European Co-efficients

FC Bulle - 19.180 (133th up from 190th)

Switzerland - 18.792 (20th up from 24th)

Switzerland

The domestic league was much closer this season with Grasshopper pushing us all the way. There points total would have made them champions in any of the seasons before this one. But we pulled clear in the end and completed a League and Swiss Cup double.

In other news, finances are healthy thanks to Champions League cash and player sales. We had enough in the bank for the board to decide on a new stadium icon_smile.gif

The seasons best 11 shows the goals are nicely spread across the team. When the end of season awards were announced the top 3 young players of the season are all FC Bulle players so the future looks promising, if I can hang onto any of them.

FC Bulle Trophy Room

Swiss Champions 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18

Swiss Cup 2017/18

Can some people give me suggestions for other nice countries to try this in that fit my specifications.

1. Minimal domestic cups, I hate playing domestic cups forever

2. Preferably quite a short league season at least in top division, It gets kind of tedious when you're easily the best team.

3. Preferably no winter break, tends to lead to a lot of fixture congestion either side (happens in Switzerland and Hungary)

4. No really annoying rules like must have under-21 player in match squad

5. I'm not too worried about foreign player limits but less limits the better.

The money from group stages should help you do better next time daemonic, with that group you didn't stand much chance unless you had a team capable of going really far icon_smile.gif

Can some people give me suggestions for other nice countries to try this in that fit my specifications.

2. Preferably quite a short league season at least in top division, It gets kind of tedious when you're easily the best team.

3. Preferably no winter break, tends to lead to a lot of fixture congestion either side (happens in Switzerland and Hungary)

The money from group stages should help you do better next time daemonic, with that group you didn't stand much chance unless you had a team capable of going really far icon_smile.gif

Serbia might fit the bill, mate.

How are you going to keep your team fit for Europe if you have no cup games and only a few league games? Friendlies?

Congrats on winning the Champions League. Great achievement icon14.gif

Come and join me in the Czech league if you like. It matches your specs except for the winter break part but the league season is short (30 games) so there's no fixture congestion. The cup is straightforward: only 6 rounds, no replays, no extra time even - straight to penalties after 90 mins if necessary! icon_biggrin.gif

The top flight is really competitive too. I regularly find that only a few points seperate several teams at the top most of the time. Plus you have to compete with the rep and financial clout of Sparta Prague.

Aye. Winter break aside, Slovenia is good for that.

36 game league season, and no more than 5 domestic cup matches.

Three non-EU players in your match-day squad (in the top flight), but no limit on how many you can sign.

Only slight issue is it takes 10 years to gain Slovenian nationality, and I've not yet been able to get an EU feeder to short-cut that.

I've played in Serbia and Slovenia before so I think I'll give Czech Republic a go. Fire Bracelet its hard to keep your team fit for Europe when you play 3/4 games a week with some huge squad rotation, thats what I mean by those preferences.

I've played in Serbia and Slovenia before so I think I'll give Czech Republic a go. Fire Bracelet its hard to keep your team fit for Europe when you play 3/4 games a week with some huge squad rotation, thats what I mean by those preferences.

Good man! icon_wink.gif

One word of warning though: You may have to reload from before the restart date a few times. When I was setting the game up, a lot of the 'B' teams of 1st Division teams were coming up and they are unplayable obviously. I went with Blsany because they were the only non-'B' team to come up after 3 or 4 attempts. If you don't fancy Blsany, you may have to reoload a few more times to get another club.

2 things very quickly:

Quacky - big congratulations. proves that it can be done there!

Gundo - good to see the Randaberg save alive again. i was missing your gushing over Ringstad and Myhre... icon_wink.gif maybe it'll inspire me to dust off my KFUM Oslo save at some point.

Archived