Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Also, good effort gaijin - I originally started this challenge with Rakow, and was relegated on the last day in my first season, causing me to start afresh with TKP Torun. I know how hard the first season was with them so you did well to keep them up, and to achieve promotion in your second season is impressive again icon14.gif

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back from my week long holiday in Sweden guys, didn't go to Boo sadly! I did pass a couple of towns on the train of teams I have played though which was quite cool. So, I should be able to crack on and finish the second season and it's update sometime soon.

Originally posted by Quacky:

Indeed ghostwriter, it is your highlighting of the interesting situation of the challenge league that got me to start there. Add to that reasonable rules surrounding foreign players, lack of highly irritating obsessive cup competitions and a genuine chance of success in Europe its a good country to play icon_smile.gif

Cool, glad I seemingly influenced people (who are now doing better than me!). And yes, just the one simple Cup competition is good, and as I invariably lose in either R1 or R2 it hardly ever affects me.

£40k/week? icon_eek.gif Think I'd go bankrupt if I attempted that, I am losing £100k a month as it is and I am only paying +-£12k a week on wages at the moment icon_biggrin.gif. Before this season it was around £6k.

FC Bulle - Challenge League 2010/2011

A season of 2 halves (gotta love a cliche). Before the Winter break we were poor, with the last 10 games before the break yielding just 2 draws and solitary win. The bad run started when our morale was given a hammering by heavy cup defeat to Zurich of the Super League. Luckily most teams were even worse than us and we were 6th for the Winter.

After the break we only lost once, to 2nd place Luzern, drew 2 and won the rest. But, the top 4 were so dominant we still only managed to rise one place to finish 5th . Still, it's all I can hope for until we can go pro and attract better players.

To improve I need a decent striker, the rest of the team is decent but our strikers blow.

Assorted Screenshots

Best 11 included now we're a few season in.

Finances are ok, but only because of the League prize money.

Team Info

Squad needs some more attacking options.

Ins & Outs

Hapoel Kfar-Shalem

Newly promoted to the Israeli National League, Hapoel Kfar-Shalem has only a handful of contracted players, very little money to spend and eight million pounds in loan debts. No staff and seemingly no hope.

That's where I will start.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Rainfox/Manager_Kfar_Shalem.jpg - Manager Profile

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Rainfox/Kfar_Shalem_Staff.jpg - Staff list

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Rainfox/Kfar_Shalem_Squad.jpg - Squad, first and U19

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Rainfox/Kfar_Shalem_Info.jpg - Club info

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Rainfox/Kfar_Shalem_Expectations.jpg - Season Expectations.

This'll be a toughie! icon_biggrin.gif

I am losing money still even in super league with £40K/week ghostwriter, its not like I can actually afford it icon_smile.gif

I'm kind of hoping there is a massive end of season prize money in this league like in challenge league, £2M is about what I'd like ;D

Sorry for double post, I nearly bought Michel Schnuewly just now daemonic, hes a good player. Interesting formation though, its the kind of madness I dream up when stuck with no players at some positions and a load of quality at another.

Mark Snellink, I almost thought you had masses of money until I notice you have it set to per year icon_biggrin.gif

The debt is really the tough thing for you, that kind of amount at that level will be a real kick in the face financially that you just don't need. Good luck in Israel icon_smile.gif

Sorry for double post, I nearly bought Michel Schnuewly just now daemonic, hes a good player. Interesting formation though, its the kind of madness I dream up when stuck with no players at some positions and a load of quality at another.

Must be a different player because I don't play with real players. I use the fakes as an added challenge so I'm not tempted to go looking for players I see mentioned around the forums icon_smile.gif

As for the formation, its the one I use all the time. Developed it during the first save I played on 8.0.2. Works very well away from home.

ah right, that would explain why i did not recognize any of the players in your squad icon_biggrin.gif. presumed that i must at least know a couple.

and yes, that formation is bizarre, never seen it before. but it clearly works.

just signed a Portuguese striker for next season from Boavista, £3k/week wage. RIP wage budget icon_frown.gif I need to break free from my restraints at some stage....

Hah daemonic, it wasn't actually intended to be a scouting trip, I have a house in Sweden! It's just I got the train from the airport and noticed a few familiar names on the way there! Seven games of the season remain, so I will finish up tomorrow. I am done for tonight at least!

I have decided to go for Baulmes, a team in switzerland. a quick look on google maps says its near the border with france

Here's me

more sceenshots tommorow or in the EOS update.

I ting ill go to bed now as im tired. nyte.

max.

Originally posted by max1994:

I have decided to go for Baulmes, a team in switzerland. a quick look on google maps says its near the border with france

Here's me

max.

Damn, them Baulmes girls are HOT icon_biggrin.gif

Shame they don't go for poor quality semi-pro footballers icon_biggrin.gif

There are a couple of Schnuewley's on my game daemonic, such a weird name I noticed it icon_biggrin.gif I guess its assigned to Switzerland and just happened to pop up.

quote:

Here's me

max.

Damn, them Baulmes girls are HOT

quote:

Here's me

max.

Damn, them Baulmes girls are HOT

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kccircle:

Cookstown Olympic 2012/13 Update

Not a lot to report.

Last season 12th.

This season 9th

Started well, finished poorly.

Player of the season once again Lee Wells - now scored 116 goals in 160 starts.

I've decided to offload some of my team this season in an attempt to get out of debt. I need to increase the ground from the present 500 capacity. I did bring in Leon Cort late on but he has done nothing, expecially with a pace stat of 3!

League Graph

League Table

Squadlist

Lee Wells

Cookstown Olympic Season Update 2013/14

Once again, another average season. My aim is to get out of debt each season, selling off a couple of players but after doing that I spot a couple of gems and I'm back at square one again.

2011/12: 12th

2012/13: 9th

2013/14: 9th

We struggled for the 1st half of the season and after a complete formation changeover we managed to move from 13th to 9th by the time the season ended.

I am still £100k in debt which is frustrating, although I've agreed to sell one of my strikers for 50k this summer (+25% sell on)

Squad

Next season I must break into the top 6 and hopefully win a cup. I achieved two quarter finals this year and feel I'm progressing as a team.

Mark Snellink, I almost thought you had masses of money until I notice you have it set to per year icon_biggrin.gif

The debt is really the tough thing for you, that kind of amount at that level will be a real kick in the face financially that you just don't need. Good luck in Israel icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah, I put it that way once for a challenge, and kind of liked it.

I could've gone with a perfectly average club, with normal budget and (gasp!) players. But I figured I'd take the hard route icon_biggrin.gif

Alright, my mad dash to get staffed is over, and I'm a bit over my budget, so I'll probably not sign anyone else.

Transfers and loans

The team for this season.

My assistant's evaluation of the side

So far it looks like it's going to be a hell of a season. Promotion odds of 5000-1, both games I played they figured us at 50-1. Plus I'm almost at double my budget supporting a bare bones staff (Assistant, 2 coaches, physio and a scout) and 16 first team players (the loanees are free courtesy of my parent club).

Mendrisio-Stabio 2012/13

We kicked off the season with much the same team as dominated the challenge league. To begin with an injury crisis in goal caused us to use 3rd choice youngster Liechtenstein under-19 keeper Stefan Köhler and forced me to sign another Liechtensteiner, highly experienced Peter Jehle on a free as a long term backup. It was an up and down season which featured its second crisis in the last couple of months of the season when I was hit by injuries in midfield and both left backs suspended combined with fixture congestion. In the end we crawled up to a respectable 4th place losing 3rd to Servette on the last day of the season icon_frown.gif. Still a shot at Europe awaits.

2008/09 Challenge League 5th

2009/10 Challenge League 5th

2010/11 Challenge League 2nd

2011/12 Challenge League 1st

2012/13 Super League 4th

Mendrisio-Stabio 2013/14 Europe

Euro Vase 1st round

Slovan Bratislava 1-1 Mendrisio-Stabio

Mendrisio-Stabio 3-0 Slovan Bratislava

After a tricky away leg in Slovakia we pummeled them at home easily to set up another tough draw.

Mendrisio-Stabio 4-2 FC Groningen

FC Groningen 4-0 Mendrisio-Stabio

After conceding an early goal at home we started thumping them in left, right and centre before conceding again in the 90th minute. We went off to The Netherlands with a big lead but only my goalkeeper showed up, everyone else level of play was simply appalling leaving Kogeldans (great name icon_smile.gif) to defeat us easily in a match we got totally spanked due to terrible play. I hate going out due to sucky play.

If you've got the team to escape the CL it is quite a cake walk to get a respectable position daemonic. You notice I had only 2 more wins that losses and still finished so high. Prize money was disappointing actually, only £850K, not much more than you get for CL.

FC Bulle - Challenge League 2011/12

Pre-Season I tried to keep transfers to a minimum as I believe the large number of new players was part of the reason we stated slowly last season. Most of the players in were as direct replacements for players I decided to sell to raise funds and get the bank balance toward the 5m required to become professional.

I didn't get any loanees from parent club Sion and decided the squad was strong enough without any.

When the fixture list for the season was anounced I had a bit of a grumble at having to face Luzern, Servette & Delemont, the 3 professional teams in the CL, in consecutive games a few games into the season and then again either side of the Winter break.

But it turned out to be the making of our season. We had decent results against the top teams, winning 4, drawing 1 and losing 1. However the long run of fixtures against the lesser teams meant we got 2 great runs together, one a 12 match winning streak, as morale was superb going into these games. This meant a lot of the frustrating draws and silly losses of last season were eradicated.

The result of this fixture list lottery win was 1st place in the Challenge League and promotion to the Super League while still semi-professional icon_eek.gif

I had hoped we'd go pro as part of moving to the Super League but it looks like I have the challenge of staying up as a semi-pro club. icon_frown.gif

Other Screenies

Finances are getting better but I'm still a few season away from 5m.

Club Info

Overall Best 11

congrats daemonic on securing promotion to the super league.

Im 10th currently in my baulmes game.Im aiming to finish 7th as the are only 2 points ahead. but i have 2 off my games are against the top 2 with the final game being against a team bellow me

Eos update wll be posted later hopefully deppending on iff i can be arsed to type it.

wish me luck as i try and get 7th

ohh and whats the prize money for seventh.

max

Wow icon_eek.gif

Congratulations on the promotion. Doing it whilst still semi-pro does make me look even worse a manager especially as I can't even manage it as a pro team icon_biggrin.gif (as my post following this will prove)

Good luck in staying up, tbh I think it might be quite difficult, but you never know.

UGS - Challenge League - 21/22

Situation at Winter Break

During the break I got another MC in, just on loan from Basel so basically free and he did not play much anyway. Also a great AML got released from Zurich for some reason so came in, very good player.

We started off with a win, but followed that by turning an unexpected 2-0 lead at Delemont into a defeat icon_rolleyes.gif. A few draws and a win and we were approaching Yverdon. 3 straight defeats put paid to that idea, and also put a bit close to 8th. Thankfully we closed with 3 straight wins and ended up in 7th place. Which was more or less correct given we were either 6th or 7th since the 4th match. A bit disappointing really but then again we were never gonna challenge for promotion with the squad we have so it can be counted as development towards the next 2 seasons.

We sorted out to a certain extent the goalscoring problem although it only really came from 2 players (Maric and Judt) but fewer draws, more creativity and less goals conceded would be nice.

One problem with the defence is pace. I knew that 2 of my DCs were quite slow, but one was only a back-up who is probably leaving so was not too bothered, but when they had to play together (more often than I wanted) they had combined pace of 8 icon_biggrin.gif. Which posed large problems.

La Chaux de Fonds' scoring record is stunning and it is mainly thanks to this guy: Marco Volpe. 47 league goals is quite frankly ridiculous and will probably never be beaten in this division; he scored 11 in 4 matches in March icon_redface.gif.

Final Squad

Final Summary

Transfers - mostly good, free Kohler is better than £170k Schmid but I would not be complaining if the prices were the other way round, Judt and Schmitt were total successes, most of the rest were good while only Koné and Unger were disappointing

Some of the better performers:

Best GK - Tim Kohler - felt I had to start the season with Schmid as I paid so much for him but was itching for the opportunity to drop him, it took 12 games and Kohler's performances meant that he stayed there all season, and will hopefully stay there for several seasons ahead, he should be good enough for the SL, I am hoping there is little interest in him and he does not get the usual 2nd season **** syndrome that has struck every GK so far

Best Defender - Kim Ernst - great again, leader of the defence now, very consistant and was so often picking up the pieces when his partner got caught out for pace, only missed 3 games in 3 season

Best Midfielder - Matthias Peschel - acceptable debut season but mainly noted as my assistant manager (Johan Micoud btw) rates him as a great signing for an SL club, played mainly well and his left foot is a great asset, firmly pushed himself above the rest of the MCs, first choice next season

Best Winger - Matthias Schmitt - mysteriously let go by Zurich despite being their first choice ML in the SL for the first half of the season, very good, probably too good for this division, great start here, more of the same please

Best Striker - Manuel Judt - was expecting less of him than the other freebie but he was very good, only problem was him being a bit erractic, got 3 hat-tricks so take them out and his strikerate is a bit average, highlight of the season was a headed hat-trick in the 1st 10 minutes of the penultimate game, suspect there may be interest from other teams but hope to keep hold of him

2nd Best Striker - Arnaud Maric - still here and still banging them in for the 7th season, was supposed to be 3rd choice but that did not last long, did rotate with Koné a lot but proved much more prolific, that said, I doubt he will play that much next season as there will be new and better strikers around

Best Youngster Jean-Marie Leflochmoan - looks highly unremarkable (apart from his name) but his record for U18s this season was simply stunning, previous record haul was 13 goals less, he has another season in the U18s and we shall see after

Sion went up and Neuchatel are down for the first time ever and considering that they had finished 2nd the previous 2 seasons that does not bode well at all. I can only hope that all their good players jump ship.

I have already signed 2 new strikers for next season (the Boavista one and one of the several that had no chance to break into the La Chaux de Fonds team), I would also like a DL and a DR, at least one DC, some MC creativity and maybe an MR.

There will undoubtedly be interest in some of my players so I expect a few will be sold, hopefully just those I want to get rid of...

Not too sure what to expect but if I am not lurking around the top 4/5 at the very least I won't be very happy and nor I suspect will be the board.

21/22 Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven - little change

08/09 - Challenge League - 14th

09/10 - Challenge League - 15th

10/11 - Challenge League - 13th

11/12 - Challenge League - 11th

12/13 - Challenge League - 11th

13/14 - Challenge League - 9th

14/15 - Challenge League - 13th

15/16 - Challenge League - 4th

16/17 - Challenge League - 4th

17/18 - Challenge League - 7th

18/19 - Challenge League - 6th

19/20 - Challenge League - 5th

20/21 - Challenge League - 10th

21/22 - Challenge League - 7th

I have no idea how you managed that daemonic, I couldn't attract anywhere near the quality of player to finish top when I was semi-pro. You must have got true awesomeness out of every one of your guys.

Also I would just like to add a short homage to Franck David (FC Brussels youth team striker), He is god icon_smile.gif Goes down on my list of favourite FM08 players along with Martial Yao of ASEC and Vukasin Poleksic of Tatabanya.

I have found some gems that were released by SL clubs over the seasons.

Heinz Meyer

Mathieu Garcia

Matej Kudela

Also had a few decent players at the club when I arrived including this guy but I think above all the luck of playing the toughest teams all together and then having a run of easy games was the clincher.

And speaking of luck with the freebies, this animal just popped up on my unattached search. Ugly brute but those stats for a 16yo are better than most of my first team icon_biggrin.gif

Also I would just like to add a short homage to Franck David (FC Brussels youth team striker), He is god icon_smile.gif

Just searched for him in my game. He is awesome, currently at Nurnberg, been around Holland and Germany a bit.

That 16yo is stunning daemonic.

Razer82 – Clough Rangers – 2011 / 2012 – Northern Irish Premier Division

League – 1st – Champions!

Northern Irish Cup – 5th Round – Lost on penalties to Portadown after a 3-3 draw.

League Cup - 3rd in Group 1

Antrim Cup – Semi Final – Lost 4-3 aet to Glentoran

Manager Profile

Team Stats

Transfer Summary

Top Scorer

With our promotion to the Premier League I made the decision that it would be better all round for my players to be on full time contracts, so every single player and staff member were offered new contracts. All were signed on the same wage as before. I thought that the additional training offered by full time deals would make the transition to top flight football that much easier. The league campaign was fantastic, we were only bested on 2 occasions by second place Glentoran and this form was enough for us to secure the league title at our first attempt.

This season’s cup competition’s were nothing special as we failed to progress from the group stage of the league cup and also fell at the first hurdle in the Northern Irish cup after losing on penalties to Portadown. One bright stop was the semi final appearance in the Antrim Cup only to again be beaten by Glentoran. More progress will need to be made in all cup competitions next season.

Blackwell (29 Goals) and Downing (20 Goals) were once again the main providers of the goals, but long term injuries to both kept the number of goals down, but when called upon Ellis (11 Goals) and Harper (10 Goals) were both more then capable of providing cover. This season’s midfield was run by Tom Thomas whose 9 goals and 12 assists seemed to come at crucial times, he is especially good with whipping in free kicks! Mentions must also go to Mark McGrath (11 assists) and Nathan Brown (11 Assists) both of whom helped drive us forward from the middle of the park. This years defence was also strengthened with the additions of Chris Donnelly and Nick Baldwin, both were great additions and helped to plug some of the gaps we’d had in previous seasons.

Chairman Sale This was the first instance of my chairman accepting an offer over my head and before I’d had any chance to offer a new contract he’d already left the club!

This season’s squad was expanded greatly by the signing of 25 players! Each of which will add something to the team both now and in the future. The board have taken the decision to expand The Hill so it looks like we’ll be spending the majority of next season playing in a 6500 capacity stadium, I can smell the money already!

Next season means entry into two very lucrative competitions – The All Ireland Cup and the Champions League. I just hope that we’re able to make some waves once we get there.

Gundo – For your table – 1 Domestic Title

Coefficients

Club – 0.109 – 494th

Country – 0.499 – 51st

No problem Max, looks like I'll be earning Challenge League prize money next season. We're getting slaughtered in the Super League.
your stay u just on the last day and how much money do u need to go pro

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No problem Max, looks like I'll be earning Challenge League prize money next season. We're getting slaughtered in the Super League.

your stay u just on the last day and how much money do u need to go pro </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5m in the bank at the end of a season and you'll go pro.

@ Daemonic: I never knew that icon_redface.gif

Meanwhile, I'm looking a dead cert for the drop icon_frown.gif Every game I have 50-1 odds and "face the impossible". My defense is slower than tony adams in a wheelchair, though recently the team's performances have increased. I suspect it's too little too late though. Now in January.

cheers daeomonic

mark were and who you managing

more on my update it should be done when i get home from school as ive wriiten it but i havent got the screenshots.

im sorry if this is off topic but who do u think will win euros

max

Archived